Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2012, 02:12 PM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JCWANNABE
Stats: 289/257/135 5'5"
Start Date: April 18th, 2012
So is it ok if I post my daily weight here to? I already post over on a daily weighers forum. But the more accountability the better. Sorry all you gals who get "Melissa's weight" over kill!

Today I am down a pound. Here is my June so far:

6-1: 256.6 (officially 20 pounds lost since april 18th! 6 weeks and 2 days!!!!) TOM
6-2: 257.2 TOM
6-3: 258.4 Still not worrying, it's just taking more work to not worry! TOM
6-4: 258.4 (sorry, I forgot to put that in here yesterday ) TOM
6-5: 256.8 (encouraging since my water % went up to 40.1, so I gained water but lost weight! ) TOM, maybe ending
6-6: 255.6 Yes! And TOM finally over My water weight is still at 40.1
6-7: 254.4 Goal here I come! Water weight up to 40.2%!
6-8: 253.8 BEAT MY GOAL OF 254.0! Still have 40.2% water!
9-9: 252.2 REALLY ! PRAISE GOD! And my water weight is up to 40.3% (wet hair?)
6-10: 253.8 Well, ok....
6-11: 253.2 (bouncing between .0-.4) Every pound gained is water weight!
6-12: 253.4 Every pound gained is water weight!
6-13: 254.8 Every pound gained is water weight!
6-14: 251.6 YES!
6-15: 252.2 Oh the drama of it all! Oh, and TOM is back
6-16: 250.6 Almost to the 240's TOM? really light, weird.
6-17: 252.6
6-18: 250.6
6-19: 249.6 NEW DECADE!
6-20: 249.8 I don't care if I gained, I'm still under 250!
6-21: 249.2 Going the right way.
6-22: 248.2

I just started yesterday working out in the morning before breakfast. I think it helps. Yesterday I had a low fat protein drink after working out and was way hungry soon. Today I had a protein drink with 9 grams of fat and I am still not real hungry. It's after 2. Funny, the higher fat shake had 20 less calories and filled me up more! LOL!
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rate-lose.html
JCWANNABE is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2012, 06:00 PM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: 243/228/MG-213 lbs.
WOE: Low Carb/Exercise/Whatever else will work for me
Start Date: Monday
I'm in, dragging my big butt in here a little late however. Not sure what other goals I have for this but losing 5 lbs by the 11th of July. I will play it by ear for the summer because I can change my mind as to which way I will proceed at any time.

Glad to be part of the group!

Last edited by MagieDen; 06-22-2012 at 06:06 PM..
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:21 PM   #63
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofseason View Post
Misscobi,

I am such an all or nothing girl, my Friday night pizza turns into Saturday Chinese and then why start eating on plan on Sunday, might as well start back Monday.... I am NOT going to do that. This weekend.
I so completely know what you mean. Been there done that!!!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:29 PM   #64
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/18/14
Michelle - I'm sorry that today has been tough. I totally get wanting to punch your bf, breakup, and yet stay. Hopefully he gets his act together. You deserve a great guy who treats you well.

Danielle - I'm sorry, but what the heck?! No weighing? I'm not sure we can allow that! I love living vicariously through everyone's weight loss. Grrrrr

Outofseason - breaking my all or nothing mentality has been my biggest goal this year. It normally gets me in major trouble but so far I've kept myself in control for the most part.

My date was fun. Ate too many carbs. I know I'll be up tomorrow but hopefully it's all downhill from there.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:14 PM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Hi, everybody!

I went to the big city today (Portland) to take my son for a hearing test. It's fine, and he was great. It was a long drive, though, and we were gone all day.

This was a DD for me, and I'm happy to report that I wasn't hungry all day - in fact, like a lot of JUDDD converts, I seem to be having more trouble getting enough calories on my up days.

The scale said 183 this morning, so I got my revenge by wearing a shirt that fits perfectly now but was too tight when the rotten thing said 180 last week.

'Fitting' retribution, no?

Michelle, your wardrobe adventures are just too, too much. The combat began before you even made it in the door of the gym!! Bra too small...shirt too big...OMG. My whole closet has gotten like that, I'm too cheep to buy new clothes when I'm losing weight fast. I look like a rapper w/o bling.

Lynne

P.S. Welcome to all the new people!! We don't care if you don't weigh, we don't care if you weigh every ten minutes. Bring it.

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:36 PM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
P.S. Welcome to all the new people!! We don't care if you don't weigh, we don't care if you weigh every ten minutes. Bring it.
This made me
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:44 PM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Way to go Michelle on working out despite forgeting your workout clothes. You are doing great!!!!
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:53 AM   #68
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Lynne - way to show that scale!!!!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:54 AM   #69
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: outofseason
Stats: 278/217.2/155
Start Date: February 2012
233.4 this morning!

I did it! I resisted ordering pizza last night, I compromised and we went out for Italian. Where I did not order or take bites of bread! Or pasta! I had half of a Caesar salad, veggies, and a steak. More impressively, no cheesecake, Tiramisu, or wine.

Off to the Farmers Market and a crawfish festival today.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!
outofseason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:59 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
233.4 this morning!

I did it! I resisted ordering pizza last night, I compromised and we went out for Italian. Where I did not order or take bites of bread! Or pasta! I had half of a Caesar salad, veggies, and a steak. More impressively, no cheesecake, Tiramisu, or wine.

Wow!! That was a solid win, and nicely played!!

Lynne

P.S. 179 this morning. New low!! I think I'm going to take the wise advice of other JUDDDers and only weigh on the morning after a DD; in my case, every other day.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:16 AM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy2be View Post
This made me
Me too Love ya Lynne!
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:18 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
P.S. 179 this morning. New low!! I think I'm going to take the wise advice of other JUDDDers and only weigh on the morning after a DD; in my case, every other day.
WooHooo!!!
Old 06-23-2012, 07:21 AM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds like everyone is doing great! Yay us!!! Welcome Maggie! Scale stayed the same for me this morning, but I had oh so yummy (and very high sodium) Mongolian BBQ last night. It's one of those meals out that are totally guiltless, but you know the sodium's going to get you the next morning. No biggie

Happy Saturday everyone!!!
Old 06-23-2012, 08:01 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
Hello! Sorry I've missed a few days, work has been crazy and my lil guy has been ill this week nothing serious, but its prevented me from any me time lol. So let me play catch-up. First off, I can't believe how much I have missed in 2 days! So many new faces, I love it! A little competition always helps keep me motivated! So a little bit about me... I am 32 and have a 13 month old son, he makes my world go round. I have a desk job, I work for the city doing clerical work, so doesn't get me moving a whole lot... I joined the gym 2 months ago, but don't make it near as often as I planned. Balancing work and my lil guy is tough, but I need to crack down and make a serious effort to get my butt in gear! I started low carb for the 3rd time at the end of February, and have lost 35lb! I am a daily (sometimes multiple times daily) weigher. It keeps me in check even though its a tad obsessive! I have a very close friends wedding September 15 and I am really wanting to look and feel great at the wedding, and find a hot dress that I feel confident in! So game on ladies! We can do this!!! Oh and was 210.8 today!

End of the World challenge 191.8/179.4/174

Getting Angry for Autumn Challenge 211.4/192.4/191.8
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:04 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
233.4 this morning!

So impressed!
Old 06-23-2012, 08:11 AM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

6-1: 256.6 (officially 20 pounds lost since april 18th! 6 weeks and 2 days!!!!) TOM
6-2: 257.2 TOM
6-3: 258.4 Still not worrying, it's just taking more work to not worry! TOM
6-4: 258.4 (sorry, I forgot to put that in here yesterday ) TOM
6-5: 256.8 (encouraging since my water % went up to 40.1, so I gained water but lost weight! ) TOM, maybe ending
6-6: 255.6 Yes! And TOM finally over My water weight is still at 40.1
6-7: 254.4 Goal here I come! Water weight up to 40.2%!
6-8: 253.8 BEAT MY GOAL OF 254.0! Still have 40.2% water!
9-9: 252.2 REALLY ! PRAISE GOD! And my water weight is up to 40.3% (wet hair?)
6-10: 253.8 Well, ok....
6-11: 253.2 (bouncing between .0-.4) Every pound gained is water weight!
6-12: 253.4 Every pound gained is water weight!
6-13: 254.8 Every pound gained is water weight!
6-14: 251.6 YES!
6-15: 252.2 Oh the drama of it all! Oh, and TOM is back
6-16: 250.6 Almost to the 240's TOM? really light, weird.
6-17: 252.6
6-18: 250.6
6-19: 249.6 NEW DECADE!
6-20: 249.8 I don't care if I gained, I'm still under 250!
6-21: 249.2 Going the right way.
6-22: 248.2
6-23: 249.8

Up a little, but my weigh in was pre potty and I'm sure I've got some water retention in my sore worked out muscles. I only had 1,110 calories and 8 net carbs and worked out for 60 mins on my elliptical before breakfast yesterday. No way on earth I could have gained.

I've got a party to go to this evening. Lobster mania! I got a crab to bring and stuff to make cream cheese stuffed bacon wrapped jalapenos.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:42 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/220.5/212.5 MG# 1
WOE: Food logging, moderate carbs, exercise
Mmm..jalapeno poppers!
Jayce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:55 AM   #78
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmallerME View Post
Danielle - I'm sorry, but what the heck?! No weighing? I'm not sure we can allow that! I love living vicariously through everyone's weight loss. Grrrrr

My date was fun. Ate too many carbs. I know I'll be up tomorrow but hopefully it's all downhill from there.
Yeah I know. Leave it to me to be the trouble maker, eh? I will have to live vicariously through all of you lovely ladies and the wins on the scale. Just can't handle it myself right now
Quote:
Hi, everybody!

I went to the big city today (Portland) to take my son for a hearing test. It's fine, and he was great. It was a long drive, though, and we were gone all day.

This was a DD for me, and I'm happy to report that I wasn't hungry all day - in fact, like a lot of JUDDD converts, I seem to be having more trouble getting enough calories on my up days.

The scale said 183 this morning, so I got my revenge by wearing a shirt that fits perfectly now but was too tight when the rotten thing said 180 last week.

'Fitting' retribution, no?

Michelle, your wardrobe adventures are just too, too much. The combat began before you even made it in the door of the gym!! Bra too small...shirt too big...OMG. My whole closet has gotten like that, I'm too cheep to buy new clothes when I'm losing weight fast. I look like a rapper w/o bling.

Lynne

Ha! Yes, fitting retribution all the way! Love it when clothes fit so much better. A rapper without bling. New trend, no?
Quote:
233.4 this morning!

Good for you!! Feels good to be in control, huh?
Quote:
GREAT JOB on the new low!
Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
Sounds like everyone is doing great! Yay us!!! Welcome Maggie! Scale stayed the same for me this morning, but I had oh so yummy (and very high sodium) Mongolian BBQ last night. It's one of those meals out that are totally guiltless, but you know the sodium's going to get you the next morning. No biggie

Happy Saturday everyone!!!
We have a new grill place that opened up here but I've been too afraid to go just for the sodium factor. I retain water like a sponge and hold it for forever. Glad dinner was yum!
Quote:
Originally Posted by boop13 View Post
Hello! Sorry I've missed a few days, work has been crazy and my lil guy has been ill this week nothing serious, but its prevented me from any me time lol. So let me play catch-up. First off, I can't believe how much I have missed in 2 days! So many new faces, I love it! A little competition always helps keep me motivated! So a little bit about me... I am 32 and have a 13 month old son, he makes my world go round. I have a desk job, I work for the city doing clerical work, so doesn't get me moving a whole lot... I joined the gym 2 months ago, but don't make it near as often as I planned. Balancing work and my lil guy is tough, but I need to crack down and make a serious effort to get my butt in gear! I started low carb for the 3rd time at the end of February, and have lost 35lb! I am a daily (sometimes multiple times daily) weigher. It keeps me in check even though its a tad obsessive! I have a very close friends wedding September 15 and I am really wanting to look and feel great at the wedding, and find a hot dress that I feel confident in! So game on ladies! We can do this!!! Oh and was 210.8 today!
Aw, hope baby feels better soon! You're doing great!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWANNABE View Post
Up a little, but my weigh in was pre potty and I'm sure I've got some water retention in my sore worked out muscles. I only had 1,110 calories and 8 net carbs and worked out for 60 mins on my elliptical before breakfast yesterday. No way on earth I could have gained.

I've got a party to go to this evening. Lobster mania! I got a crab to bring and stuff to make cream cheese stuffed bacon wrapped jalapenos.
Nope, no way you gained any real weight. Remember, long-term! You're doing great!!! Have fun today, and send some poppers my way please!

I have realized that since I began this lifestyle again I haven't partaken in any alcohol. We've gone to eat out once and it was at Chipotle. The beer thing is like WOW. Total first. Usually somehow before I'd be finding a way to fit that in somewhere. Sounds bad, huh? DH and I just enjoy our Friday night beer with dinner out somewhere.. since he's joined me on this way of eating tho, we have kept eachother going and can be the voice of reason for the other when morale gets low. I'm suprised that I've been able to stay completely off the scale. Proud of myself!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:01 AM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah, I miss my beer. I am a certified beer snob. Like the kind that calls busweiser bad names and goes to beer tastings. But, some day, when I've lost the weight, I can enjoy beer once in a while again.

But for now, shrinking my butt is more important . Actually, shrinking my hanging belly is more important. I just could not resist the bad pun.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:33 AM   #80
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWANNABE View Post
Yeah, I miss my beer. I am a certified beer snob. Like the kind that calls busweiser bad names and goes to beer tastings. But, some day, when I've lost the weight, I can enjoy beer once in a while again.

But for now, shrinking my butt is more important . Actually, shrinking my hanging belly is more important. I just could not resist the bad pun.
I don't like domestics, but when I have to, Michelob Ultra is ok. If I had an IV with Blue Moon in it with a giant orange attached I'd be all set.
I guess without realizing it I made the decision to put my weightloss ahead of my "food wants", like beer. On the other hand, I am also not wanting to make this about a DIET...that's a dirty word to me now..so I'm sure somewhere along the way I will have a couple beers here n there, but the *kind* I choose will be thought out and not just running willy-nilly with it. Lifestyle is the name of my game.
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:30 PM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
We have a new grill place that opened up here but I've been too afraid to go just for the sodium factor. I retain water like a sponge and hold it for forever. Glad dinner was yum!
Well, I could limit the sodium a TON by not drenching all of my meat & veggies in soy sauce before they grill it, but eh what would be the fun in that? lol I figure I'm skipping the teriyaki and other sweet/carby sauces already, not to mention the noodles lol, got to have some flavor
Old 06-23-2012, 02:17 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PeacefulGuide
Stats: waist in 41/34.5/29
WOE: LC with no flax/nuts/beef
Start Date: 9/2010 restart 5/2012
Hi all!
I'm a restart after developing tons of food allergies on LC. Finding my way again now. I'm a mama of 5 and I'm all done with the wt ups and downs of pregnancy forever

Currently I'm a size 12-14 and my goal is a comfty 8

Considering more exercise but I tend to get super hungry when I do. Maybe yoga instead of running while trying to drop lbs quickly?

Brk: cq cinnamon bread and scrambled eggs
L: salad with some turkey chili and cheese
S: mock Philly indulgence cream cheese
PeacefulGuide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:05 PM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: valentine21463
Stats: 192/183/140 (5'4")
Start Date: 5/27/12 (This time for real!)
I'd like to join in if it's okay?

My goal is to fit into my size 12 pants that use to be loose on me. I'm in a tight size 16 right now. My weigh-in is tomorrow so I'll post it then. I'd like to start excersising more regularly too.

Today's menu....

BREAKFAST: egg omlet w/mushrooms and cream cheese.

LUNCH: Small Salad w/veggies and Ranch Dressing.

DINNER: Porkchops, Small Salad w/veggies and Ranch Dressing. 1/2 cup of cooked cauliflouwer w/butter.

SNACKS:Coffee w/HC, Single serv almonds, pork rinds w/franks red hot.

Totals: 1,339 (CAL) 24 (CARBS) 5 (FIBER) = 19 NET CARBS
valentine21463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:52 AM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
Hi everybody!

It's been a few days since I've been online. I've been a glutton for punishment since Thursday because I've been eating with abandon but it's out of my system now.

A little bio: 49 and married 28 yrs, no children. I work in local government as a paralegal/tax collector. I'm apparently a slow loser but building muscle with my exercise. My goal is to be 150 by May 2013 @ my 50th birthday. Thinking about JUDD but need to research further.
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:58 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome PeacefulGuide & Valentine!

Bron, you're going to be the hottest 50 year old evah
Old 06-24-2012, 10:24 AM   #86
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: outofseason
Stats: 278/217.2/155
Start Date: February 2012
232.8!

I can hardly think of the last time I have dropped pounds on a weekend! Go me! Bought tons of fresh veggies at the farmers market yesterday, ready to have a healthy eating week.

Having a lazy day today. Catching up on laundry and my DVR...

Hope everyone else had great weekends too!
outofseason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:31 AM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
232.8!

I can hardly think of the last time I have dropped pounds on a weekend! Go me! Bought tons of fresh veggies at the farmers market yesterday, ready to have a healthy eating week.
Very nice! Congrats!
Old 06-24-2012, 10:35 AM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
Cobi - you're so sweet! You should see some of the girls I went to high school with and had 2-3 children and still strut around in a bikini! I see their photos on Facebook and it's hard not to compare. I'm hopeful the muscle building under the fat will really help.

Outofseason - quite an achievement!

DH bought me an IPad last week and the auto correct is killing me!

Lynne - just posted on the JUDDD pages and seriously considering this. Any advice or info would be appreciated.
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:42 PM   #89
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pinewoodmom843
Stats: 196/157/145
WOE: Natural/ LC/Low salt
Start Date: Feb 2010
Hi I would like to jump in this challenge although I am a few days behind. I weigh 179 and would like to get back down in the 160's. Went to grocery store for LC items for me and husband. Good luck to all!
pinewoodmom843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:36 PM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post

Lynne - just posted on the JUDDD pages and seriously considering this. Any advice or info would be appreciated.
Well...disclaimer: I've been doing this for only a week, so consider the source.

This is what I did, and what I've learned.

I went to the calculator (scroll down a little, you'll see it) to determine what my UD and DD calories should be. I chose 20% and "little to no exercise", which is as conservative as you can get.

That puts me at approximately 500 calories on a DD, 2000 calories on an UD. That's pretty standard, and you can't go too far wrong with that.

I learned quickly that I have to adjust my usual foods to a less calorie dense version of the same thing; for example, I am used to using half-and-half in my coffee, long time Atkins follower that I am - but that was using up 200 of my 500 DD calories throughout the day! I drink a lot of coffee, I guess. I switched to fat free on DDs, which I would never use otherwise.

I eat a lot of vegetables on DDs. I don't eat as much meat or as much grease as I'm used to on DDs, in order to stay low on calories while still getting enough food that I don't feel deprived. There's a trick to this, takes a little practice.

On UDs, I relax the carbs a bit, 50g or so, but I don't eat carbage. That keeps me from being miserable on DDs...guess how I learned that one. I eat smallish meals spread throughout the day on UDs to ensure that I get all my calories in, which hasn't been easy. Eating enough on UDs really does make the next day easier.

And on DDs, I fast until dinnertime and eat the non-coffee-related portion of my calories all at once with bulky items. YMMV on that, but it works best for me not to eat little bits during the day. I'm used to daytime fasting from the last challenge.

Oh...and one more thing. Don't weigh yourself after an UD, it's depressing. If you weigh yourself on the morning of an UD, you've got a nice mental boost from your DD weight loss, and much delicious food to look forward to all day! Win-win!!

That's it for my words of wisdom! Good luck, and I am loving JUDDD, btw!!

(Hopefully Elise and Monica will chime in here, because they have more JUDDD experience than me - I just started.)

Lynne