Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2012, 05:38 PM   #601
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/192/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
I'm probably a bad girl, but I say call it 1900 and go ahead and have that glass of wine. You'll be glad you did. I think this says alot about my slow weight loss
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2012, 07:25 AM   #602
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: anna_banana
Stats: 170/140.9/120 (5'4")
WOE: Doing my own LC (currently less than 20/day)...
Start Date: July 2012
Hello ladies,

I promise I'll catch up with this busy thread later on this weekend but just wanted to say a quick hello! Hope you're enjoying the beautiful weather!

Nothing much to add from me - my weight's been bouncing around 152-153 mark (haven't seen 151.9 since last Tuesday - but I totally knew that would happen) and I've had a long chat with my scale. I've told it to behave otherwise I will throw it out the window and break it into million pieces. That said, I'm going to stick with my WOE until at least next week before I tweak anything - I have to let my body do what it does, I suppose. Totally testing my patience, as always!

Hope your scales are behaving and you're having a wonderful weekend!

Anna
Goal 3: 155 lbs - July 31 2012!!
Goal 4: 150 lbs - August 28 2012!!
Goal 5: 145 lbs - September 18 2012!!
Goal 6: 140 lbs by October 18 2012
Goal 7: 135 lbs by November 18 2012

anna_banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:14 PM   #603
Senior LCF Member

Okay, finally caught up… We're a chatty bunch, I love it!

Lynne - baggy pants are awesome! In fact, they make me just as happy as seeing a smaller number on that scale/tape measure. And well done for portion control on the LC ice cream.

Bronwyn - you'll be at 219 in no time! WTG! And like Elise said, hope you've had that glass of wine!

Elise - I remember my ex boyfriend (in his late 30's) being such a kid too. I don't think they ever grow up…

Monica - that crock pot lasagna sounds really delicious! Mine crock pot's still in the basement, this summer being too hot for any proper cooking. But now that we're half way through August, it's about time I bring it into the kitchen again…

Tami - I really do wish that TOM would leave us alone while we're trying to lose weight… I'm sure your scale will show you better numbers once TOM is gone!

boop13 - glad to hear that you and your family are feeling better - I find that the stomach bug always manages to hit everyone in the family before it leaves…

Anna
Old 08-18-2012, 06:38 PM   #604
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Boop - so sorry you were all sick. Nothing worse than the tummy bug!!!

Bronwyn - I'd have the glass of wine!!! Wouldn't think twice !!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:39 PM   #605

Elise - probably why I lose slowly too
Old 08-18-2012, 06:40 PM   #606

Anna - it sounds like you and your scale have the same love/hate relationship as I have with mine !!! GRRRR
Old 08-19-2012, 07:09 AM   #607
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: outofseason
Stats: 278/217.2/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: February 2012
Happy Sunday!

Gosh this weekend has really seemed to fly right by.....School starts this week, and I am totally unprepared for it. Luckily I only have one child to buy for. I guess we will grab that mile long supply list and head out for some shopping today.

Done with bootcamp. Two LONG weeks. It was a great experience, amazing to see what the body is really capable of. I guess that sometimes we just need a little shove...

I am so so so happy to say that this morning I weighed in at 219.4. I guess exercise does help. That and maybe because I have been too sore to eat. One morning I had difficulty putting on mascara.

Boop- So sorry to hear about the Stomach bug, it really seems like there is no escaping it. My gang had it a few years ago right at Christmas.

Peaceful- Thinking of trying 30 Day Shred next. What are you moving on to?

Lynne- I am in NC, a little far to drag you off your sofa for exercise. But you will get there, just find something you love. I started taking a hula hoop class this summer one night after work with a few girlfriends. It is a blast, we laugh at each other the entire hour. The best part is that it can burn like 600 calories an hour. So much better than a treadmill.

Hope everone has a great week!
Leslie
outofseason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:55 AM   #608

Leslie - Did you get the school supplies bought??? Great job on the boot camp? Way to go on reaching a new decade!!!!!!!

I had a great weekend. Much like Leslie, WOW how they fly by! I am getting a little sloppy on my DD's. I let myself get too hungry then I just grab what's in front of me. Must get that cleaned up a bit!

How is everyone else doing??? Weekend/??

Where's Ms. Wood?? Has she checked in lately?
Old 08-20-2012, 07:53 AM   #609
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofseason View Post
Done with bootcamp. Two LONG weeks. It was a great experience, amazing to see what the body is really capable of. I guess that sometimes we just need a little shove...

I am so so so happy to say that this morning I weighed in at 219.4. I guess exercise does help. That and maybe because I have been too sore to eat. One morning I had difficulty putting on mascara.
Ouch Ouch Ouch! Huge congrats for getting through bootcamp & for seeing a new low!!! Glad you were rewarded for all of that hard work!
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:56 AM   #610
Major LCF Poster!

Monica, I've been wondering about some of the older challenge members as well, especially Ms. Wood. Sure hope she's ok.

I'm finally making a teenie tiny bit of progress again! Down one to 225 this morning. My previous low of 226 first hit a few weeks ago before my overindulgence in mexican food & margaritas. I think I just hit a perfect storm of not eating/drinking perfectly, TOM approaching, and that darned cheat that it really set me back more than I thought it would. Maybe someone's trying to teach me a lesson? lol
Old 08-21-2012, 05:44 AM   #611

Good morning all! How is everyone today?
Old 08-21-2012, 06:46 AM   #612
Senior LCF Member

outofseason - again, total respect for you for completing the bootcamp. Now I'm going to look for one in my area and see if I have enough guts to sign up for one…

Tami - well done for your new low!

Hello Monica!

I'm back down to 152.1 - this bouncing up and down and up and down's gotta stop soon, it's driving me nuts! In the last 10 days I haven't gone over 154, but seen almost every other number between 152-153. Jeez… I'm still reluctant to make any changes, though. Maybe I've learnt to be more patient on this plan? I'll give it a few more days then I'll change something - will probably ask for your ideas before I do that though.

Hope you're having a good day!

Anna
Old 08-21-2012, 06:57 AM   #613
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning, Monica! I'm good here... happy to have my half grown men back on a school schedule - funny how that never changes <gg>. Weight didn't budge this morning, but otherwise doing well. How are you?
Old 08-21-2012, 07:01 AM   #614
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning, Anna Banana I have this habit of opening up pages and then going to get coffee, feeding the dogs, changing the laundry, you get the idea. Sorry I missed your post while doing all of that! I know I'm frustrated with the constant bouncing and stalling, too. I know I've created some of it on my own, so I keep thinking that if I just stay cheat free for awhile it'll all work out... and it kind of does, but of course, not at the speed I'd like it to! Let me know if you end up making changes. I haven't tweaked much at all this time around, but we I may be getting to that point...
Old 08-21-2012, 08:33 AM   #615

Hang in there Anna and Tami - keep with it and you will see the changes you want!

I must have gotten gluten somewhere on Sunday. My stomach is NOT right and I am in a total FOG!
Old 08-21-2012, 08:57 AM   #616
Major LCF Poster!

Not fun... hope you're feeling better soon Monica!
Old 08-21-2012, 09:51 AM   #617
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
Hello! I have been slacking at checking in. And my numbers are not shrinking. Sitting at 197.4. Still can't hit the 196 for 50lbs lost. Not sure if maybe I'm not eating enough or what. But I'm not giving up!
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:54 PM   #618

Well I thought I had been glutened, I felt like crap all day but I think I have some sort bug. My body aches and my stomach hurts and I am very tired . My calories have been low but not DD low. I noticed when I was hungry my stomach hurt worse . Over lunch I had DH take me somewhere where I could just nap for a bit. So not like me ! Hope to feel better tomorrow
Old 08-21-2012, 06:36 PM   #619
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Hello my dear challenge friends!!!! I am back at it in serious mode!!! Nothing is going to make me falter!!!! Determined. I want to lose atleast 30 more lbs before the end of the year. So off I go!!!!
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:46 AM   #620
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Good morning all!!

Outofseason, what a great idea!! I'm getting a hula hoop. I wondered if there was anything that would tighten up my core without those horrid crunches...guess we're gonna find out if a hula hoop will do it.

Zipp, so sorry you're feeling the bug. Get better soon. May it take 5 pounds with it when it goes.

Boop, I hope you're feeling better, too! Nothing worse than a summer bug. I'll bet you're retaining water in your gut after being sick and it will evaporate in a day or two.

Tami, glad to hear the scale's moving again! Mexican food and margaritas are totally worth their weight in stalls.

Anna, I feel just like you, I think. I'm reluctant to fix what ain't exactly broke. At the same time, my rate of loss has slowed to a crawl and I wonder if I should be tweaking something to get it going faster again - or whether I should just relax and let it be what it is.

Happy2be, welcome back with a vengeance!! 30 more pounds by the end of the year sounds awesome. Ambitious!!

Me...

Is it bad to be thinking about the long term so soon? As in, pre-pre-maintenance? I know I'm not exactly skinny yet, I've got a lot left to lose, but I feel really happy with the place I'm in right now. The pants are getting bigger. The measuring tape is saying nice new things all the time. I don't really want to tweak just to make my scale move faster.

Challengers, would this be a good time to look back and see how far we've come already? I know some of us have got tickers in our signatures or whatever, but I'd really like to hear from us some NSVs (non-scale victories) if you'd like to share.

I'll go first.

I can't believe how much more energy I've got to live my life with 40 pounds gone!! I was playing soccer all day with my son on the deck yesterday, and as much as he wanted to play, I had the energy to keep up.

Also...this one's weird, but two days ago on a DD I was really, really uncharacteristically hungry (it's 8 weeks in, right on schedule. A JUDDD thing). So I flexed. I bent a little without breaking. I ate basically two DD meals instead of my usual one, not anything like UD, but just...I don't know, 1100 calories or so, a perfectly respectable maintenance DD.

The next day I was NOT HUNGRY for my usual UD. To tell the truth, it was very disappointing! I didn't want much until the end of the day. I learned something interesting from it, though; that the "deprivation" of a DD makes the "indulgence" of an UD sweet. Both things, deprivation and indulgence, are a normal and necessary part of eating - like the pauses in a passage of music.

Yesterday I got a little hungry too, but the memory of a slightly disappointing UD was enough to remind me to enjoy the "pause".

Lynne

P.S. 173.5 this morning.

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:51 AM   #621
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
Start Date: March 2, 2009
That is awesome Lynne!!!! So amazing!!! I love hearing non scale victories too.
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:05 AM   #622
Major LCF Poster!

Boop, we're all pulling for you girl... come on 196!

Monica, so sorry you're feeling icky Hope you're back to yourself in no time!

Melanie, You're going to be hot hot hot for new years! WooHoo!

Lynne, you're doing so well and getting so close you probably should be thinking about pre-maintenance. You're getting close to 20 pounds from goal... maybe pick a number and decide to start pre-maintenance then? The first time I did low carb I went from 260 to just under 180. It's really not a bad place to be. I was so comfortable there and totally get where you're coming from. I'll tell you that 160 did feel better, though... the second time I restarted at 230 and got to and maintained at 160ish for a couple of years. I always wanted just a little more, but was happy, busy with life, and quite content... until I let it all go out the window and wound up here on my third try

I'm having a tough time with non scale victories lately... seems like things haven't changed for a month or so. Yes, my previous pants are falling off, but they have been.. I dunno. Will think about it some more. Sorry to be a bit of a downer, didn't really mean to come off that way.. it's still just kind of status quo for now.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:14 AM   #623

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy2be View Post
Hello my dear challenge friends!!!! I am back at it in serious mode!!! Nothing is going to make me falter!!!! Determined. I want to lose atleast 30 more lbs before the end of the year. So off I go!!!!
YOU CAN DO THIS Melanie!!!! Determined is GREAT!
Old 08-22-2012, 10:18 AM   #624

Quote:
Zipp, so sorry you're feeling the bug. Get better soon. May it take 5 pounds with it when it goes.
OH GIRL I sure hope it does!!!!

Quote:
Is it bad to be thinking about the long term so soon? As in, pre-pre-maintenance? I know I'm not exactly skinny yet, I've got a lot left to lose, but I feel really happy with the place I'm in right now. The pants are getting bigger. The measuring tape is saying nice new things all the time. I don't really want to tweak just to make my scale move faster.

Challengers, would this be a good time to look back and see how far we've come already? I know some of us have got tickers in our signatures or whatever, but I'd really like to hear from us some NSVs (non-scale victories) if you'd like to share.
Keep in mind Lynne - no one determines GOAL weight but you! It is your happy, your comfort, where YOU want to be. No one else!!!!
Old 08-22-2012, 10:19 AM   #625

Tami, status quo is also NOT GAINING! There's something to be said for THAT too!!!!
Old 08-22-2012, 10:23 AM   #626

Quote:
but I'd really like to hear from us some NSVs (non-scale victories) if you'd like to share.
Lynne - I am totally there. Comfortable where I am at and honestly, not wanting to starve at the 500c level DD's! I have struggled with those lately. I plan to weigh in on Friday, so we will see if I am maintaining or gaining!

I will share some non scale stuff --

Clothes are all either really BIG or my "smaller stuff" is baggy.
I feel more comfortable in shorts AND my swimming suit.
(TMI?) I am WAY more interested in SEX! HUBBY is thrilled.
I feel good in my skin right now. Feel good being me. (does that make sense?)
So not dreading my birthday coming up. I'm way smaller than I have been the last several birthday's!

Monica -Come see my journey!
Old 08-22-2012, 10:39 AM   #627
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PeacefulGuide
Stats: waist in 41/34.5/29
WOE: LC with no flax/nuts/beef
Start Date: 9/2010 restart 5/2012
Hey gals. Entire family has flu and littlest 1 needed urgent care visit. Its been a rough week to say the least...and of course while my hubby is across the world Anyway no exercise here for days but I'm planning Jiliian's ripped in 30 tomorrow if I'm feeling better. I've been eating whatever for survival but I'm still amazed at what 30ds did. I say go for it. If you make it a week then keep going. When you are a couch sitter like me there is no easy exercise-you just have to make yourself do it. If your gonna do it you might as well do something you will see in the mirror as that keeps you motivated

Monica, that is awesome! It has amazed me how much changing weight/size affects everything. So glad you are feeling all the positives!!
PeacefulGuide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:45 AM   #628
Major LCF Poster!

Love it Monica! I wonder if I'm just not noticing small NSV's because I remember so well the changes you're feeling and want THAT again!?! Someday....
Old 08-22-2012, 01:58 PM   #629

Peaceful - I think something stomach/fever wise is going around here too. I am praying I am the only one that gets it. Girl, when sick/you or the family, you do what you have to do! Also, don't push exercise if you aren't ready. Get the extra sleep!!!!!!

TAMI - you will get there girl! You are well on your way!!!!!!!
Old 08-23-2012, 05:54 AM   #630

It's Thursday---Friday-EVE!!! Bring on the weekend.

I think I am almost back to 100%!!!! Yesterday I finally had an appetite back and I ate. Today will be a good DD, IT SIMPLY MUST BE!!!!!!!!!!