Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2012, 07:56 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Hi everyone!

Introductions - good idea. I'm an Internet publisher and writer, mom of an 8 year old boy, and I live at the beach in Oregon. Going through a semi-amicable divorce, which I hope will be final sometime this summer.

I've been low-carbing for 12 years, off and on, but got really serious about it 2 years ago. Stalled for a year, and at the beginning of the last challenge experimented with intermittent fasting, which worked great! Except the last month my weight loss seemed to slow way, way down.

So now trying JUDDD.

So far it's pretty easy, once I learned a few tricks (thanks, Elise!). I'm off to a rocky start weight-wise, though...day 5 and I'm right back where I started (180). Hopefully it's a set-point thing.

Bron! Your picture shows your progress, definitely. Thank you for sharing it!

Misscobi, about your son going to JC:

I went to the state uni (UW) and I went to community college - and the quality of education at the community college, especially for the first two years of a bachelors degree, is far and away better than the university, in my opinion. Not as prestigious, true, but WAY better education and more personal attention.

I got the opportunity to compare apples to apples one time in particular when I had to take the second quarter of a three quarter organic chemistry course at the community college after starting the sequence at UW. What a difference! I wish I could have gotten my whole education there.

MsWoods, you are such an inspiration for me to get up and exercise!! No more couch-spud!!

Have a lovely day, ladies. Onward and downward!!

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2012, 07:58 AM   #32
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/226.2/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
Bron you look fantastic. I really can see a huge difference. You almost look just like your avatar pic!

Jayce-

AsmallerME-Nice to have you around here. I'm used to seeing you in the main lobby so it's nice for one of the "regs" to join us!

All my reg ladies, Heeeeeeeeeeey

So me, no kids here, 27, live with my boyfriend of 11 years (in September), run my families garage door business. I have been fat all my life. The smallest I ever was was at age 18, I was 214, size 18, but it didn't last long. Over the years health and depression set in and I got up to 400lbs. Thought I was going to die so I just had to do something, started Low Carb and over the course of 3 years (tomorrow is my 3 year anniversary), got down to where I am now. To make a really long story short

I finally weighed guys, not too bad. About where I expected. I had got down to 207 in our last challenge, but a lot of stuff happened about a month and a half ago and I just kind of fell off the radar. Not all high carb, but alcohol, some high carb, and just took til Sunday to get back into it hardcore. I was at 215 this morning, so only up 8 from my all time low. I can get rid of that real quick like. So if I count that from the challenge 238-215=23lbs, which is pretty good all things considered. If I lost 23lbs this challenege I would be at 192 which would make me a happy girl. So I think I'm going to change my goal weight for this challenge to 192, and if I get more, great, if not, that's ok, just shooting for 192 now instead of 186.

Ok, menu today:
B-coffee, lemon custard glucc pudding (about to go make it now)
L-turkey sausage, cole slaw stir fry w/cream cheese, salsa, and miracle rice
S-Ragu double cheesy miracle rice
D-shiratake noodles w/5-8oz chicken breast, and haven't figured out the rest of the dish yet.

Also, 1 hour of body combat.

Last edited by MsWoods; 06-21-2012 at 08:27 AM..
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:10 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/218.2/215 MG# 1
WOE: Food logging, reduced carb
Thanks for the welcome! I really like your avi, btw. This "cole slaw stir fry" sounds yummy...mmm.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:16 PM   #34
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Well, this Up day has been good. I am focusing better on my calories to see if that is why the scale wasn't kind to me this week!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:35 PM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/18/14
I love how there are a few people so close to onderland. We'll be cheering for a few of you shortly. And I absolutely love some competition! I've decided that I'll indulge some on my date night tomorrow and start stillmans Saturday. Might not weigh until Monday as a result.

Michelle - thanks for starting this challenge. I'm so glad to join. I know I've told you before, but you are such a huge inspiration to me. Happy Anniversary!
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:44 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JCWANNABE
Stats: 289/257/135 5'5"
Start Date: April 18th, 2012
Can I join in?

I've got a lot of weight to lose. Right now my weight is 249.2. I started April 18th this year at 276.6 but my highest was at 289 around Feb or so.

I'm gonna set a really high goal for myself that I might just be able to meet. 40 pounds in 13 weeks is a little over 3 pounds a week. Crazy maybe, but that's just me .

I'm an Atkins girl. I've started to track my food onlineand it has really helped. I try to keep it around 15-20 carbs and usually end up around 1,300-1,600 calories a day.

I just started exercising so I am hoping that my weight loss will start getting faster. I would like to be able to get down to a more comfortable weight quickly. I really want to be under 220 by August 21st, my anniversary. 220 is what I weighed on my wedding, so kind of a thing, you know, to be at my wedding weight by my anniversary.

I had lost over 100 pounds on Atkins before I got married, then went off and gained it all back. Two kids and almost 7 years later, I am so wishing I had never stopped.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rate-lose.html
JCWANNABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:46 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mishka68
Stats: 195/139/135 -- 5'1" tall (or short)
WOE: Low-carb, Gluten-free, Grain-free
Start Date: Since 2008 - started @ 195lbs.
I'm in! I am hovering at 145 right now and my goal for this challenge is to get to 135. Nice even number. 10 pounds.
Mishka68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:56 PM   #38
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: outofseason
Stats: 278/217.2/155
Start Date: February 2012
Am I too late to join in?

I have been doing LC since February. Started at 278, got down to 232, then derailed a little bit. At 236 today. I am one of those crazy daily weighers...

I would love to be at 199.... So that makes 37 pounds. I have two vacations in July, so I will do my best.

I am training for a 5K in October, would be awesome to be in the 190s by then!

So excited to be here!
outofseason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:56 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Jayce, JCWannabe, Mishka68 & outofseason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
Going through a semi-amicable divorce, which I hope will be final sometime this summer.
Amicable or not, that's no fun and stress definitely causes my weight loss to stall...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
Misscobi, about your son going to JC:

I went to the state uni (UW) and I went to community college - and the quality of education at the community college, especially for the first two years of a bachelors degree, is far and away better than the university, in my opinion. Not as prestigious, true, but WAY better education and more personal attention.

I got the opportunity to compare apples to apples one time in particular when I had to take the second quarter of a three quarter organic chemistry course at the community college after starting the sequence at UW. What a difference! I wish I could have gotten my whole education there.
Thanks Lynne. I'm not really negative about JC. I've done all of my education there My older son has two years done, though, and actually has more credits than most do after 2 years. JC just doesn't have a lot to offer him at this point, but it's too late to do anything else. It is official as of today, too. I know I've talked about it quite a bit here as it's been a huge stress. Now that it's official and a decision has been made I actually feel a little bit better. He spent today filling out paperwork and getting ready to come home. It could take them a couple of weeks to process everything, but he should be home soon. I am looking forward to seeing him and really am looking forward to watching both boys play water polo together. He's a high school All American, so if he can get back in shape over the next few months he should have recruiters looking at him again, too. We'll see seems to be my motto lately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoods View Post
(tomorrow is my 3 year anniversary)
Happy Anniversary!!!

You've done sooooo amazingly well! No worries about the last few weeks. You're back & your back strong! You know what you can accomplish when you set your mind to it! Those 8 pounds will be gone in no time!

JCWANNABE - I set a very similar goal and we have similar stats. If I don't make it it'll be ok, but I know it's possible! Let's do this

On that note, outofseason I saw 236 on the scale this afternoon and am hoping to hit 199. Ambitious, but doable!
(no stalls, no stalls, no stalls )
Old 06-22-2012, 04:45 AM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
Start Date: 8/18/14
Misscobi - congrats on 236!!! You better make 199 since I plan to do it and weigh more than you. . It sounds like you have some pretty awesome boys. I know you're okay with his decision, but just another tidbit is my sister switched schools three or four times. She ultimately got her pharm.d and now makes excellent money and has an amazing career.

Mswoods - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! Are you doing anything special? Eating a super juicy steak?

Hi JC, mish, and outofseason! I'm new to this group too. Let's do this!!
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:33 AM   #41

Welcome to all! How is everyone's Friday looking? It's a Down Day for me, so naturally I am HUNGRY! I am drinking my water to "fill up!"
Old 06-22-2012, 07:42 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmallerME View Post
Misscobi - congrats on 236!!! You better make 199 since I plan to do it and weigh more than you. . It sounds like you have some pretty awesome boys. I know you're okay with his decision, but just another tidbit is my sister switched schools three or four times. She ultimately got her pharm.d and now makes excellent money and has an amazing career.
Love both the challenge & the good news about your sister Thanks Amber!

Monica, good luck with your down day! Do you do low carb while JUDD'ing or no? Just curious because most days I really don't have much of an appetite, but I wonder if forcing my body into patterns instead of just going along with what it seems to want would change that?

236 decided to stick around for morning weigh in Off to change stats now. Happy Friday everyone!
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:44 AM   #43
Big Yapper!!!!

Jayce-Glad you are here with us. Cooking and being creative in the kitchen has really changed my relationship with food. I love creating crazy foods that "normal" people would go, WTH is that? Glucomanna powder, WTH? Shiratake noodles, this woman's crazy

Amberr-Have fun on your date night! I'm jealous. Me and my bf never ever go out He better step it up or he may be replaced I'm really glad you are in this challenge with us. Familiar faces make me feel better, I'm weird Not doing anything special today. Honestly I forgot about it until you mentioned it. I guess try to be extra nice to myself.

JCWANNABE-So glad you could join us! Don't worry honey, set small goals. This is a way of eating for life, so really, it doesn't matter how fast we get there, the general trend will be downward, and that's the most important part!

Mishka-It seems like I haven't seen you around in forever! Glad you are here. You are already a skinny minny, but you can do it, I know it

outofseason-No your not too late. Anyone can join anytime! I'm a crazy daily weigher too, most of the time when I'm doing what I'm supposed to anyways, I think a lot of us are in here so you are in good company.

Zipp-How are you liking JUDDD? I really love the JUDDD forums. I get a lot of great information, recipes and Ideas from there, since I try to keep my calories low. I've thought about trying it but the thought of high carb anything and weight loss baffles me after all this time

Misscobi, Bronwyn, Lynn, Brewstate, Happy2Be, Heidi
-How are you guys today?

So me, tough day so far emotionally. TOM will probably be here next week, that is part of it, but bf just aggrevated me royally last night, I made a nasty comment that apparently hurt his feelings, and he slept on the couch I just want to punch him in the face, break up with him, but still keep him, so I can prove my point I'm trying to just keep going though.

I overate a bit last night, thankfully still down this morning to 214.2. It was just some PB2, light sour cream, and ff cream cheese, and boy was it

I'll try to go to body combat this evening. I went yesterday despite many challenges including forgetting my sports bra, shirt, work out shoes (all I had were my fashionable KSwiss and they suck for working out), so had to go buy a bra, it was too small, got a shirt, it was too big so while working out my boobs were falling out, then I got a compression garment that was too small, because working out with all this extra skin really hurts. I ended up staying 30 minutes instead of the full hour because seriously, my boobies were falling out, but i went. I made sure I got my stuff ready this morning, but Im still sad. I hope the day gets better but I'm not optimistic.

Menu today I think I haven't thought about it really yet:
B-coffee, sweet n low packet, 1 bite chicken breast, lemon glucc pudding.
L-turkey sausage, cole slaw, FF CC, Salsa, miracle rice stir fry
S-Home made protein bar, if needed, or chicken, or tilapia w/tartar (all these things are sitting in my work fridge and really need to be eaten or thrown out)
D-Shiratake noodles, ummmmm, chicken?, alfredo? Cheese sauce? To be determined IDK.
S-really going to try not to snack.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:09 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
Monica, good luck with your down day! Do you do low carb while JUDD'ing or no? Just curious because most days I really don't have much of an appetite, but I wonder if forcing my body into patterns instead of just going along with what it seems to want would change that?
On my DD's I stick pretty low carb. I focus on protein mainly and in the evening veggies. You know, I am always hungry when I get up. ALways have been. Even when LCing. That has not changed with JUDDD! Just this a.m. when I was walking with DH (we walk 3 miles each morning together) we get up at 4:45 to get it in and before 5:00 a.m. even hit, DH could literally hear my tummy growling!!!!!!!! I said, well, that's not good for a DD!
Old 06-22-2012, 08:13 AM   #45

Quote:
Zipp-How are you liking JUDDD? I really love the JUDDD forums. I get a lot of great information, recipes and Ideas from there, since I try to keep my calories low. I've thought about trying it but the thought of high carb anything and weight loss baffles me after all this time
You know, I completely understand and I still keep my carbs more on the low side! I won't lie, I do indulge some. What I really like is that NO FOODS are off limits. I truly just have to spend the calories as I see fit. If I want chips, I wait and have them on a DD and when I do, I count them out, put them in a bowl and only allow what's in there. If I want something sweet, I typically have an ice cream bar. Again, it's a single serving and no room for fudging erros on calories! Plus DH is following JUDDD right along with me. He never could handle LC, way too many restrictions! Dh is down 29 pounds in our 9 weeks! He is TRILLED and is lower then has has been since our son was born almost 14 years ago!

Monica -Come see my journey!
Old 06-22-2012, 08:16 AM   #46

Michelle sorry about the BF issues. My DH is just about perfect, but there are times that he "throws a tantrum" and when he does, I want to do the exact thing you just said! I have told him several times when he does it, you know, I love you very much and almost always you are amazing....and then you act like a 2 year old and I just want to SCREAM at you!
Old 06-22-2012, 08:18 AM   #47

My Down day menu is:

B - strawberries/cottage cheese 127c
L - lettuce, guac, sour cream, pork chop, salsa 267c
D - mushrooms/brocc/miracle rice 77c
Old 06-22-2012, 08:38 AM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoods View Post
Misscobi, Bronwyn, Lynn, Brewstate, Happy2Be, Heidi[/B]-How are you guys today?
Doing well here. Just kind of plugging along. Working on coffee and getting everyone else's needs met Sorry about the boyfriend... hopefully all will be forgotten & forgiven by tonight! Kudos on dropping a pound, you've got the ball rolling again! Even bigger kudos for making all of the effort to get to class last night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
On my DD's I stick pretty low carb. I focus on protein mainly and in the evening veggies. You know, I am always hungry when I get up. ALways have been. Even when LCing. That has not changed with JUDDD! Just this a.m. when I was walking with DH (we walk 3 miles each morning together) we get up at 4:45 to get it in and before 5:00 a.m. even hit, DH could literally hear my tummy growling!!!!!!!! I said, well, that's not good for a DD!
Gotcha, thanks. I wonder if a planned snack later in the evening would help on up days so that your down day morning isn't so rough? I love that you and hubby get out walking together! I'm a morning person and that time frame sounds perfect to me. Hubby is not a morning person, but I'm going to run that one by him anyway. lol Wish me luck!
Old 06-22-2012, 10:13 AM   #49

Tami - GOOD LUCK WITH THAT! Dh and I walk at least 5 times a week, then M-F I walk 2 miles with my coworker at lunch! With someone there with me, it makes it seem like no time at all and I get in a good 5 miles a day!

You know, I had a good snack last night AND I didn't eat supper until 7:00. No clue why my tummy was so LOUD earlier. The cottage cheese/strawberries did the trick, oh and the 80oz of water!
Old 06-22-2012, 11:18 AM   #50
Junior LCF Member

Good Afternoon!
Working so so hard on this beautiful Friday! : ) Only work until 2 on Fridays, so I am almost there....

234.4 this morning! Excited to see that today because we had dinner out with friends last night, and I watched everyone else sipping on Margaritas and beers.

So, we shall see how the weekend plays out. I always seem to get in trouble.

Have a great Friday!
Old 06-22-2012, 11:26 AM   #51
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Would ya'll mind if I joined you? Does it matter that I'm not weighing at all? I would really just love to get to know you all, give support, and make sure I stay on track myself.
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:00 PM   #52
Big Yapper!!!!

Welcome Danielle! No problem. I went over a month without weighing, whatever you need from this challenge is what it's here for. Doesn't have to be a number
Old 06-22-2012, 12:17 PM   #53

OUT- way to go on not having the margarita or the beer!

Welcome Danielle - I just started weighing again after NO Weighing for 3+ years!
Old 06-22-2012, 02:35 PM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

That's awesome, Monica! 5 miles... very cool!

Outofseason, congrats on the loss & congrats on avoiding the margaritas & beer! Good luck this weekend! I'm going to be mad if you cheat every weekend and still beat me to 199! LOL

Welcome, Danielle!
Old 06-22-2012, 02:55 PM   #55
Junior LCF Member

Misscobi,

I am such an all or nothing girl, my Friday night pizza turns into Saturday Chinese and then why start eating on plan on Sunday, might as well start back Monday.... I am NOT going to do that. This weekend.

Last edited by outofseason; 06-22-2012 at 02:59 PM..
Old 06-22-2012, 02:55 PM   #56
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Ladies!

Zipp, wowzers 3 whole years?

Leaving for a vacation in 2 weeks to see my BFF. I think I'm ok with things, knowing full well that there will be meals that aren't on plan. My girlfriend knows about lc and how I eat and very much wants to be able to stick to this woe. I'm hoping that I can show her its a great way to live by having a few conversations and show her some great recipes. Crossing my fingers that I don't gain too much while gone! I gave myself til I get back before I implement some exercise. I'd be lying if I said I was excited. I don't like to get hot n sweaty

Glad to have found you guys here, I need moral support with the "no weigh" thing, it's definitely a first for me, but definitely needed in order to make sure I make this about a lifestyle and not just another diet. I'm sick to death of being big!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 06-22-2012, 02:59 PM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Amicable or not, that's no fun and stress definitely causes my weight loss to stall...

Thanks Lynne. I'm not really negative about JC. I've done all of my education there My older son has two years done, though, and actually has more credits than most do after 2 years. JC just doesn't have a lot to offer him at this point, but it's too late to do anything else. It is official as of today, too. I know I've talked about it quite a bit here as it's been a huge stress. Now that it's official and a decision has been made I actually feel a little bit better. He spent today filling out paperwork and getting ready to come home. It could take them a couple of weeks to process everything, but he should be home soon. I am looking forward to seeing him and really am looking forward to watching both boys play water polo together. He's a high school All American, so if he can get back in shape over the next few months he should have recruiters looking at him again, too. We'll see seems to be my motto lately...

Happy Anniversary!!!

You've done sooooo amazingly well! No worries about the last few weeks. You're back & your back strong! You know what you can accomplish when you set your mind to it! Those 8 pounds will be gone in no time!

JCWANNABE - I set a very similar goal and we have similar stats. If I don't make it it'll be ok, but I know it's possible! Let's do this

On that note, outofseason I saw 236 on the scale this afternoon and am hoping to hit 199. Ambitious, but doable!
Thanks Tammi! Let's do this thing!
Old 06-22-2012, 03:02 PM   #58
Junior LCF Member

Danielle

I felt the same way about exercise too. I started out walking after work, and was always dreading it by noon! A few months ago, I switched up to 5AM workouts. It feels great to get up and get it out of the way, and I have so much more energy!
Old 06-22-2012, 03:07 PM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Happy Anniversary!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Thanks Ladies!

Zipp, wowzers 3 whole years?

Leaving for a vacation in 2 weeks to see my BFF. I think I'm ok with things, knowing full well that there will be meals that aren't on plan. My girlfriend knows about lc and how I eat and very much wants to be able to stick to this woe. I'm hoping that I can show her its a great way to live by having a few conversations and show her some great recipes. Crossing my fingers that I don't gain too much while gone! I gave myself til I get back before I implement some exercise. I'd be lying if I said I was excited. I don't like to get hot n sweaty

Glad to have found you guys here, I need moral support with the "no weigh" thing, it's definitely a first for me, but definitely needed in order to make sure I make this about a lifestyle and not just another diet. I'm sick to death of being big!
You live in Arizona girl! Of course you don't like to get hot and sweaty! I would DIE living in Arizona! One of my bonus sons lives there. He called me yesterday and said it was 119! Of course here it was barely 60 .

You might like a gym. Lot's of AC . Some have fans next to some machines to.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:10 PM   #60
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofseason View Post
Danielle

I felt the same way about exercise too. I started out walking after work, and was always dreading it by noon! A few months ago, I switched up to 5AM workouts. It feels great to get up and get it out of the way, and I have so much more energy!
I really like to walk outdoors for exercise. It's now upwards of 110 on a daily basis and still that hot at 9pm at night Dh likes to walk with me, will have to talk to him about trying it in the mornings. Maybe not so hot then? The other possibility is just doing dvd's at home, not so fun.
Way back in the day when I was losing tons of weight I used to wake up at 4:30am every day to workout and I loved it..... maybe it's time to get going on that line of thinking again..