Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2012, 06:50 AM   #541
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: anna_banana
Stats: 170/140.9/120 (5'4")
WOE: Doing my own LC (currently less than 20/day)...
Start Date: July 2012
Peaceful and boop - if you get the shirataki noodles with tofu they taste a lot more like the "normal" pasta noodles. Also the texture's better, less rubbery. You should rinse them under cold water for about 5 mins and boil them for good 2-3 mins, then the fishy smell's gone. I find that they're best sautéed in stir frys and noodle soup, they're also good with strong-tasting pasta sauce.

And boop - happy birthday weekend! Brazillian steakhouse sounds amazing!

Elise - good to hear that your scale's sort of behaving even after 2 beers! I hope you don't have any issues with grains, but LCers don't consume too much grains anyways so maybe it's not the worst case scenario.

Monica - I hope you had a good evening out with your friend!

Today I'm 153! In kilograms my weight was 69.7, which is my first foray into 60's since… Jeez, about 10 years ago?! Ha! I totally feel like I've conquered something, even though I've still got a ways to go…

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

Anna
anna_banana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2012, 07:27 AM   #542
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
I always though I hated shirataki noodles until I started buying the angel hair ones and making only asian inspired dishes. Now I make a recipe found here and bulk it up with green onions, mushrooms, chicken, and other vegetables and its GOOD. I wouldn't even guess it was snot noodles as my kids call them.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...super-low.html

Anna-- I've done Akins for many many years but have lately been dabbling with intermittent fasting and had to move to a more south beach type style of eating since I also keep calories low every alternate day and cheese and meat don't go far on 300-500 calories . Unfortunately for me though, it can cause my cravings to spike if I'm not careful so I'm pulling myself back to strict low carb instead of more moderate.

Last edited by brewstate; 08-11-2012 at 07:28 AM..
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:03 PM   #543
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: outofseason
Stats: 278/217.2/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: February 2012
Happy Saturday, Ladies!

I haven't checked in all week, but it looks like everyone is doing great!

I just barely survived bootcamp this week, and am so grateful for two days off. I have not sweat like that in my life...and my body so sore. I hope next week gets easier. Wishful thinking : )

I am at 223 this morning, and my smallest Lane Bryant jeans are loose. Major victory for me as I HATE that store. I can't wait to buy new jeans in a "regular" store!

I hope everyone has an awesome weekend! It is very rainy here, which lends itself nicely to the lazy day I have planned!
outofseason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:52 PM   #544
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Boop- have fun tonight!!! Enjoy

Peace - sorry to hear about DH and his dad.
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:53 PM   #545
Big Yapper!!!!

Anna - way to go girl!!!!
Old 08-11-2012, 01:54 PM   #546
Big Yapper!!!!

Elsie - I eat the miracle rice. I really like it. I make a "fried rice" on a dd and I love it!!
Old 08-11-2012, 01:55 PM   #547
Big Yapper!!!!

Out - way to go girl !!!!! Those jeans will be falling off soon !!
Old 08-11-2012, 01:56 PM   #548
Big Yapper!!!!

This weekend is off plan....I thought that might happen. Monday will be a DD's, in many ways.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:14 PM   #549
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Hello all. I'm here. Nothing new to report. Holding steady at 192. Eating a bit off plan and maintaining. Back to it tomorrow and the scale moving down.
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:29 AM   #550
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PeacefulGuide
Stats: waist in 41/34.5/29
WOE: LC with no flax/nuts/beef
Start Date: 9/2010 restart 5/2012
Out- whoop!!! Go small jeans go!!

Anna-I may try the tofu lol

Monica- thanks so much. We are hanging in there.

Day 29 shred down! I've made so much progress in my fitness. I only modified a few moves today. I feel sick to my stomach again bc I really pushed it though. Tomorrow is my last day!!! *chorus of angels* ahhhhhhhhhh
PeacefulGuide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:09 PM   #551
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
Hey Guys!

I've been away for a few weeks now, and I want to come 'home'. I feel like the prodigal daughter. Two special people in my life died 2 weeks ago and I feel lost. DH and I were on out of state and we deliberately did not read Facebook or little news. I don't know anyone had died until last Tuesday and I kinda fell apart.

I'm not sure if I want to weigh in the morning or not, but I want to start fresh! Please say you'll take me back with open arms - I need some normalcy in my life again.

~Bronwyn
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:28 PM   #552
Senior LCF Member

Oh my goodness, Bronwyn, I'm sending you a long virtual hug. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, you must be heartbroken. My grandfather died a couple of months ago and I still feel my heart aching when I think of him.

Welcome back to the thread/board - maybe getting back to routine might help bring back a little bit of normalcy at a time like this. We missed you!

Anna
Old 08-14-2012, 04:22 AM   #553
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
Brownyn! Happy to see you back here! Sorry to hear about your recent losses

Well I let loose on the weekend. Had a few sugary cocktails and it has messed me up. I'm 198 something today. Was 199 something yesterday though. So new goal... Get to 196 ASAP. Lol before my 6 month-a-versary.
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:43 AM   #554
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Bronwyn, I am so so sorry I'm glad you made it back here, though.

Sorry I've been crazy busy over the weekend and then yesterday turned into marathon dental/oral surgeon visits for my recently returned home 20 year old. Of course we took him off our insurance when he went into the academy and had free medical & dental through the AF. Yeah. Do you think he used the free dental? Nah, why would he do that? lol Anyway, all four wisdom teeth are out and he seems to be hanging in there pretty well. It was funny, though. My husband is an autobody painter and is friends with the dentist. They'll be working out a trade for that portion of the kiddo's treatment and my son thanked his dad 'for selling his soul' (meaning becoming an indentured servant to the dentist)lol. My husband simply replied, 'That's what daddies do for their little boys.' Awwwwww... yep, no matter how old they get or how many dumb decisions they make they'll always be our little boys I swear, that was the sweetest thing to come out either of their mouths in a while!

I'm finally back down to siggy weight (YAY!). No cheats planned for awhile... so hopefully this downward trend can continue now!
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:57 AM   #555
Senior LCF Member

boop13 - but you're still solidly in onederland! Even with the cocktails! Amazing. You'll get down to 196 soon, I'm sure.

Tami - well done for getting back to your signature weight!

I'm down to 151.9! I don't usually count decimal places and I know I should have rounded up to 152 but I just really wanted to see 151 written down today. I hope my body doesn't take too long before it firmly settles into 151-152.

Hope you have a great day!

Anna
Old 08-14-2012, 06:11 AM   #556
Big Yapper!!!!

Bronwyn - so sorry for your loss! Prayers to you!

Tami - Glad your son made it through the procedure and is doing well. My son (age 13) has his removed back in December!

Anna - WAY TO GO!!!!!! 151 is what matters girl! YOU GO!!!!!

Peace - so what will you do after tomorrow? More Shred or something different?

I was out of town this weekend and S and Su ended up up days. Yesterday I was off work and had TONS to get done for back to school and such. It was a perfect DD! I'm back on track and won't step on the scale this week. I will wait till next week!

My goal for Sept 20th was 158, I think I need to modify that to 165! Heck, at this rate, I would be THRILLED with 169!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ourney-69.html
Old 08-14-2012, 06:47 AM   #557
Major LCF Poster!

Anna, congrats on that 151!!!

Monica, great job jumping right back in with a DD!

I need to revisit my Sept goal, too... I doubt I'll be anywhere close! - But it's not like we've gained... progress is progress
Old 08-14-2012, 07:57 AM   #558
Big Yapper!!!!

Tami, I believe if I look, I am exactly the same. I haven't gained, but I haven't lost either!
Old 08-14-2012, 07:58 AM   #559
Big Yapper!!!!

Well I just looked it up and I was wrong, I am down 3.6 from when we started. I guess it's better than GAINING!
Old 08-14-2012, 08:00 AM   #560
Major LCF Poster!

Whew... glad I was right on that one! lol Absolutely better than gaining!
Old 08-14-2012, 10:25 AM   #561
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/173/120
Hi, everyone!!

Wow, so much has happened since I posted last. Thank you everyone for the love on the subject of my son's illness...he's 100% better now.

We went to the pediatric cardiologist yesterday - regularly scheduled visit - and the doc said my fears had been completely justified. (Hm.) And he also said next time I had a cardiac concern with Gavin, call his clinic, and tell the guard dogs I want to talk to the doctor. Now.

On the good side, what Gavin's pediatrician DID do - eventually - was exactly what the cardiologist would have recommended, if I'd been able to get through to him last week: get bloodwork.

So all's well that ends well.

(On the lc ice cream: while I did stay with a lc treat...nonetheless, my skinny jeans got tighter for a few days.)

Boop!! (better late than never, right?) How did the lc red velvet cake work out? I want to try that, but I'm afraid I'll eat the whole thing.

Anna, Brew, thanks for the shiritaki noodle tips. I love pad thai, but I have a really hard time with the 'snot noodles'. Maybe I'll try again.

Outofseason, I can't wait to leave Lane Bryant behind. Yuck.

And may I ask, where is crazytown located, that it's so rainy this time of the year? Somewhere in the tropics? Costa Rica? Congratulations on surviving boot camp!!

Hi, Melanie!

Peaceful, it's your LAST DAY of the shred!! You did it!!

Bronwyn, welcome back. I'm so sorry for your loss. Always got open arms for you here. Can't speak for the normalcy however.

Tami, that was so sweet. Cementing the father/son relationship? Priceless.

Anna, my goodness, 151.x already!! You are our challenge superstar.

Zipp, I still can't believe how easy it is to get "back on the wagon" with JUDDD. (Amazing.) Maybe these two UDs in a row are just what you needed to shake the scale up so it moves (downward!) again.

Stay strong, my beautiful sistahs!!

Lynne

500/2000 until the end of the challenge with NO TWEAKS.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:02 AM   #562
Major LCF Poster!

Lynne, I'm so sorry I missed the crisis with your son - scary! But I am so so so glad all is well!
Old 08-14-2012, 11:15 AM   #563
Major LCF Poster!

Lynne - I'm sorry that I haven't been following your situation, but am glad to hear that your son is doing better. Great new photo, too!

Thanks for everyone for their kind words, it means a lot to me to come back to such friendly and caring people!

I braved the scale this morning and it said 229. Honestly, it wasn't quite as bad as I thought but enough is enough!!

Back at JUDDD and today is a Down Day, so we'll see what happens on the scale tomorrow.

You guys are the best!
Old 08-14-2012, 11:27 AM   #564
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Bronwyn so glad to see you back! I had been wondering about you. Not too much damage done and you will get there!

Lynne that's awesome that your son is on the mend but how scary that they didn't want to listen to your concerns. A mother always knows when something isn't right.

Anna, so close to a new decade! Just 2 pounds more

I've had a whirlwind of a week and haven't been able to post much. I'm doing really well returning to my more in control LC roots and haven't been off plan much at all. In fact, earlier this week I saw the number 170.2 (why couldn't I have those measly .3 lbs ) but of course now, its TOM so I'm back up to 173. Oh well, I saw it for the second time now and even though it flitted through my fingers, it will be back
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:49 AM   #565
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
Zipp, I still can't believe how easy it is to get "back on the wagon" with JUDDD. (Amazing.) Maybe these two UDs in a row are just what you needed to shake the scale up so it moves (downward!) again.

Lynne
I WISH!!!!!!! So glad you got the clear to call directly to Cardiac DR next time. That will come in handy!
Old 08-14-2012, 11:50 AM   #566
Big Yapper!!!!

Elise - our 160's will come...I KNOW THEY WILL! If I capitalize it, it will make it happen, right????
Old 08-14-2012, 03:00 PM   #567
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PeacefulGuide
Stats: waist in 41/34.5/29
WOE: LC with no flax/nuts/beef
Start Date: 9/2010 restart 5/2012
Bronwyn: welcome back. Im so sorry for your losses.

Anna- you are blowing my mind! good work!

Tami- that is too precious! I hope my menfolk are that sweet in 8 years.

Monica- down is down which means

30 day shred run down:

I have completed the 30 day shred and since July 1st I have lost 14-15 inches oh my goodness! I have gone from a tight size 14 to a little tight 12s... and 14s that fall off. I can zip, bend, lift knees, and walk around in a size 10 but the muffintop is more caketop lol. I am an apple body type and 5'2 btw

I couldnt do 30 seconds of regular jumping jacks when i started level 1 shred on July 15th and nearly threw up trying. Now I can do jumping swats, planks with rows and leg kicks, and man push-ups

I hate level 3 of the shred to the point that I almost quit. I think ripped in 30 is my next project. I can't stop and expect results like this to continue and for 30 min a day it is pretty dang amazing. I don't care what the scale or tape measurer says but I want to run like crazy after my kiddos without stopping. I also want to look gorgeous not only in clothes but naked
PeacefulGuide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:51 PM   #568
Major LCF Poster!

Elise, great job getting back in control... I have no doubt you and Monica will both be firmly in the 160's soon!

Peaceful, it's a pretty rare thing, but it was sweet. WooHooo on getting through that 30 day shred... you know I'm way impressed and so proud of you for sticking with it! You are doing soooo well! You have got to be loving the new found energy and being able to do so much more, not to mention the new sizes! So happy for you!!!
Old 08-14-2012, 07:33 PM   #569
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
Hey ladies. So I gave in to a beer tonite. And a few tortilla chips with three cheese dip. Had dinner with a few girls I used to work with and couldn't say no. Then came home to a sick boy. My son had thrown up from 5-9 and not kept anything down. Finally has kept down some pedialite... So I'm hoping the worst is over. Hoping tomorrow is a better day!
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:29 AM   #570
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you, Peaceful! Congratulations on your success!

Started back on JUDDD yesterday without much fanfare. It was a down day and I kept telling myself that it's only ONE day and it was not hard to do.

Yesterday, I weighed in @ 229.0 and this morning it was 225.5! All water, but psychologically it was a success for me! That means I probably gained 5-6 lbs and kept things under control. I need that control because grad school starts next week and I'm taking 2 classes this semester.

More tomorrow - have a great day!