Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2012, 11:14 AM   #481
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Tami have a great weekend girl! I will try to check in, but we will be busy with our friends!

Anna -I think you will see a change come early next week. Get that TOM gone and you will see a difference!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2012, 04:20 PM   #482
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PeacefulGuide
Stats: waist in 41/34.5/29
WOE: LC with no flax/nuts/beef
Start Date: 9/2010 restart 5/2012
Boop- Yippee!! So exciting!!!!

Lynne-that is an awesome quote (storing it away) I was starving the first few days of the exercise. Then meh-it just stopped. Very weird for me so I'll be much more careful with my body throwing these curve balls.

Monica- I think that's the prob I've developed a nut/flax/ and coconut sensitivity and it has messed up my cals. It used to be super easy with yummy nuts. I'll be charting now and eating more avocado.

Tami- You are so sweet and supportive. Thank you so much for being our sunshine

One more day of level 2 shred then on to 3 ahhhhhhhh!
PeacefulGuide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:14 PM   #483
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
"Just to be on the first step should make you happy and proud. To have reached this point is no small achievement: what you have done already is a wonderful thing." - C.V. Cavafy

No matter what the scale says today, we're doing great.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!! May your WOE be easy and your exercise be joyful!!

Lynne
Love this quote!!! And WOW, I was browsing through and saw one of your posts and thought, who is this young, skinny new person in the group. Then saw this post and said to myself, this looks like a "Lynne" post. Sure enough its you!!!! Your new avatar really shows the new you!!!! Keep it up!!!
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:48 AM   #484
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
Happy Saturday all! I am hsppy to say I am 200.4 today! So very close to to wonderland! Just got back from a Bodyflow class at the gym. Was going to go for a nice walk this afternoon, but it is so hot out here and a humidex advisory, so I am reluctant to take the little one out... So looks like lots of playing and cleaning inside today!
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:58 AM   #485
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
YAY Boop!!! Soooo close!!!
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:00 AM   #486
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: anna_banana
Stats: 170/140.9/120 (5'4")
WOE: Doing my own LC (currently less than 20/day)...
Start Date: July 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by boop13 View Post
Happy Saturday all! I am hsppy to say I am 200.4 today! So very close to to wonderland! Just got back from a Bodyflow class at the gym. Was going to go for a nice walk this afternoon, but it is so hot out here and a humidex advisory, so I am reluctant to take the little one out... So looks like lots of playing and cleaning inside today!
Yay!! Way to go!! Not long until onederland!!

Anna
anna_banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:12 PM   #487
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy2be View Post
Love this quote!!! And WOW, I was browsing through and saw one of your posts and thought, who is this young, skinny new person in the group. Then saw this post and said to myself, this looks like a "Lynne" post. Sure enough its you!!!! Your new avatar really shows the new you!!!! Keep it up!!!
Aww, thank you, Melanie!

I'm glad y'all liked the quote.

Boop, so close!!

Brew, Anna, I like your approach with the scale's misbehaving. Ignore it like a naughty child when it says bad things. If that doesn't work, show it the sledgehammer.

Peaceful, drum roll to level 3 shred!!

My little coastal town is packed with tourists today. Hwy 101 is the only way around town, and it is all clogged up with cars, so I'm taking the cowardly way out and staying home. I have movies.

I have become appallingly solitary these days, concentrating on work and taking care of my son. Am I the only one here like that, or is it kind of common in this day and age to be connected with people online but disconnected from them offline? (If that makes any sense.) Or maybe it's because of where I live?

Ideas, comments, advice?

Lynne

P.S. 176 today.

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:11 AM   #488
Senior LCF Member

ONEDERLAND!!! I am there!!! Just slid under...199.8 but I'll take it!!!

Lynne, I don't think it is that uncommon. I am kind of the same... I don't have any close girlfriends here where I live, and communicate with my close friends that all live 4hours+ online. Besides my 14month old keeps me so busy it is hard to get together with friends. I think these days when all of us have children now so it is harder to just jump in the car and meet for dinner or coffee it is just easier online.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:56 AM   #489
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Congratulations Boop! Amazing!!

Anna
Old 08-05-2012, 10:04 AM   #490
Major LCF Poster!

Boop~ Congratulations!!!! Welcome to Onederland!!!!

Lynne~ I go through spurts, but get out quite a bit too. Not sure, it may just be a thing your going through right now.

The scale surprised me this morning..... I was actually still in deep ketosis and down 1 lb at 191.4 .4 away from just being overweight I thought I might have went up a bit. Yesterday I had training and a prepared lunch. They had pasta and meatballs, I skipped the pasta but did have meatballs, figured the breadcrumbs wouldn't kill me, a piece of chicken, and a salad. Not too bad.... Felt good about my choices. Then last night we went to a picnic at our neighbors house and they had nothing we could eat. Thank goodness we had taken a cheesy chicken dip. So I had that with maybe 3 tortilla chips, a few strawberries. Then later on a girl was walking around with jello shots, she came to me and I declined but asked if they were sugar free, she said I think the strawberry ones are. I said no I will pass, she insisted that they she was sure the strawberry ones were, finally I just took one.... It was very small but I was sure it would affect me, it didn't thank goodness.

Old 08-05-2012, 11:12 AM   #491
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy2be View Post
I was actually still in deep ketosis and down 1 lb at 191.4 .4 away from just being overweight
Wow!! Lots of good news this weekend! Congratulations Melanie!!

Anna
Old 08-05-2012, 11:35 AM   #492
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks. I have spent the day looking through old pictures and seeing the progress so far. Its so humbling and just amazing!!!!
Old 08-05-2012, 01:12 PM   #493
Senior LCF Member

Boop!!!! Congrats!!! You are really movin' it woman!!

Melanie!!! Oh that's close! I just realized that with my larger frame calculations I might be close too. I didn't realize there was a difference

Lynne, I guess the question is whether or not the seclusion feels right to you. If you feel like you are hiding or you miss people then it's time to join a club or do some volunteering maybe. I find that mamas really need local friends/family. My bffs live in DC and Alaska lol so I have made some good friends through a local volunteer group. I was missing people and even joined a ballroom dancing class. It's doable when we put our minds to it. Man, island, and all that

Feeling nervous, my hubby is leaving this week and will be across the world for 3 weeks visiting his very ill father. That means me + 5 kiddos under 12. I'm not wanting this the be an excuse for diet/exercise sabotage. Then I get a call from a high school friend- we haven't seen each other in 8 years (3 children ago) -is passing through in a week or 2. wowza wowza

I may need a few shoulders to cry on!
Old 08-06-2012, 05:52 AM   #494

Quote:

Way to go girl!
Old 08-06-2012, 05:54 AM   #495

Quote:
down 1 lb at 191.4 .4 away from just being overweight
Way to go Melanie!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!
Old 08-06-2012, 05:57 AM   #496

Lynne - I think in this day/age, it is not uncommon. I would urge you to find a group of people to do something with. Be it bible study, exercise group, reading club, BUNCO, Mom's group, whatever! I think personal relationships, face to face, are extremely important. We are obviously here for you online, but that is just online. People need people, physical interaction is very necessary for quality life. I struggle with my 13 year old son with this. He would be just as happy living life in our basement, playing XBox and chatting with people there and calling it a good time. You need time for you. Just don't forget that!

Monica -Come see my journey!
Old 08-06-2012, 05:58 AM   #497

I had a good weekend. Even with friends at the house all weekend, I maintained my rotation for JUDDD!

Weigh in day for me is Wednesday. I am hoping to move into the 160's!
Old 08-06-2012, 07:19 AM   #498
Senior LCF Member

Good morning ladies,

It's a beautiful morning here - sunny but nice & cool with a breeze. As for me... I'm down one pound to 156. Maybe this means that my TOM bloat-y belly is ever-so-slowly going away? I'm not sure yet.

Monica - well done sticking to your plan over the weekend with your friends over! I did the same too - I had a BBQ with my friends on Sat night and it was a blast (with tons of LC food for me to enjoy)!!

PeacefulGuide - you've got so much going on in the next little while! Sending you positive thoughts, but even if you go off plan for a meal here and there don't beat yourself up over it. You can always get back to plan after things settle down a bit. Good luck!

Lynne - about being isolated... I'm younger than most people on this thread so I'm not sure how helpful my comments might be, but I'll share my story. I was born in Asia (a little bit of anonymity on the web ), then when I was in Grade 3 I moved to another country. Then when I was in Grade 11 I moved to another country (different continent!) again. For my graduate school (7 years ago) I moved to yet another country (yet another continent), then now I'm back in Canada. At the end of the day, I don't have many friends at home. My friends (and my best friends) are scattered around the world, because I've moved at critical transition points (before puberty, after puberty, after university undergrad, etc.). For me, internet is a great way to keep in touch with all these people that I can't physically be with, but at the end of the day, I crave the people-to-people connection.

I've got about three really close friends here in my home town, but I'm always trying my best to meet new people - I've joined meetup groups, I volunteer at a local ESL school and food bank, etc. As I'm still unemployed my (work) social network is quite small. But I've got the luxury (?) of being single - you've got your child to look after and that's probably a lot of work (and a full-time job!).

So I guess after all my rambling, I just wanted to say I feel you, even if I'm not at the same life-stage as you, I know how you feel in terms of social isolation.

Anna
Old 08-06-2012, 08:23 AM   #499
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Monday morning ladies!!!!! Doing good today. I lost 4 lbs this week, I'm at 191.8!!! The new decade is so close!!! Looking forward to seeing it this week!!!!

Last edited by Happy2be; 08-06-2012 at 08:33 AM..
Old 08-06-2012, 11:15 AM   #500
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeacefulGuide View Post
Tami- You are so sweet and supportive. Thank you so much for being our sunshine
Awww... love you gals... and love to see us all doing our best to succeed!

Peaceful, Good luck with the kiddos. Being that busy you know time is going to fly by! I'd put them to work getting ready for company, too, but don't stress yourself out. Take time to just relax and enjoy the muchkins, too. It'll all be ok... it always is!

Happy! OMG! Well done girl!!!

Anna, another awesome loss! Congrats!

Great job staying on plan with guests, Zipp!

Boop!!!! YAY!!! So happy for you!!! You did it!!!

Lynne, I've actually found a great deal of solace in hanging around the house. I never thought I'd feel this way, but I really do enjoy my quiet time. That and I don't spend any money if I don't go anywhere! lol No stops by starbucks, the store, drive-through on the way home, etc. The key for me is getting up, dressed, and ready for the day - even if I never leave the house. Having the freedom to just *go* when I feel like it helps me not feel 'stuck at home' if you know what I mean?

I'm up right now... we were headed to a steak house when I remembered the kiddo's girlfriend is vegetarian and we quickly switched plans to my favorite Mexican place... yeah... it was good, but surely another little setback.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:19 AM   #501

Anna , the BBQ you went to sounds awesome!

Melanie - way to go girl! You are doing GREAT!!!!!!!!!

Tami - I am sure you won't suffer much of a set back. Did you try to stay relatively lc?
Old 08-06-2012, 11:45 AM   #502
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Tami - I am sure you won't suffer much of a set back. Did you try to stay relatively lc?
Um, no... A few chips and the 1/3 of my pollo fundido may not have been too bad, but the giant coconut margarita is a different story
Old 08-06-2012, 12:30 PM   #503

Tami, you only live once. ENJOY!!!!! Move on and don't let it derail you for the remainder of the week!
Old 08-06-2012, 12:46 PM   #504
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Monica. I've loosely given myself permission to have a cheat day once a month and I really am ok losing the weight slower this time around. I probably could have/should have planned this one a bit better and I usually do, but oh-well. Onward, and hopefully downward, I go again! Ate cleanly yesterday & today, no real cravings so really should be ok.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:22 PM   #505
Senior LCF Member

Hello, I'm still at 199.8 today. No loss. But no gain. Not sure I will make my Birthday goal now. Leaves me 3.8 by next monday... I think its a stretch. And I am super stressed this week as my son starts yet another daycare tomorrow... I know they adapt better than we do, but I hate to do this to him again. But I think this place will be a keeper... Fingers crossed!
Old 08-06-2012, 06:16 PM   #506
Major LCF Poster!

Fingers & toes crossed, Boop! Daycare issues are sooo tough! Hope this is 'the one!'
Old 08-07-2012, 05:31 AM   #507

Boop - I agree with Tami, daycare issues are the worst. There is nothing more stressful than where/who watches your child! I hope/pray it all goes well! How old is your son?

Tomorrow is weigh in day for me. I was so confident that I would hit 169 last week, honestly I don't feel smaller. Does that make any sense??? I know it's just a pound or so, but I am sensing it won't happen. Here's to hoping I am pleasantly surprised!
Old 08-07-2012, 07:08 AM   #508
Senior LCF Member

Boop- i hope his transition is smooth (hugs)

Thanks for all the support ladies! I'm getting real organized and prepping the kiddos for helping more. We homeschool btw so we def have activities planned to keep us busy.

Weekly measurements

Tightest:
Under bust 32.5. +1/2....I knew my bra was tight again-weird
Waist 31 3/4 -1/2
Hips 35 -1
Thighs 24. -1/4
Bicep 12 -1/2

Level 3 is sooooo hard. I've wanted to curse or pass out at least 1/2 the workout these past few days. Im thinking about doing ripped in 30 after bc I love the results...I must be crazy
Old 08-07-2012, 07:11 AM   #509
Senior LCF Member

Morning ladies...
Zip- my son is 14 months old... This is his 4th daycare in 3 months. Poor guy. But it was a good start today... No tears! (For either one of us) lol
On another Happy note... I am 199.2 today!
Old 08-07-2012, 08:36 AM   #510
Major LCF Poster!

I posted these in my journal but thought I would put them here too. Its a great reminder for me to see it in pictures and keep me motivated to keep going!!!

Here are a few Before pics and Now pics. I am still working to get another 40 lbs off.

260............................................... .................................................. ..191

260............................................... .................................................. 191

260............................................... .................................................. 191