Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2012, 11:52 AM   #451
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Anna - YES the scale is a LIAR and a CHEAT! YOU STOP THAT. A size 8 is a size 8! You go girl! That is my GOAL SIZE! I am in a 10 so far! Keep it up girl!

Lynne - the pants don't lie. Today is August 1st for I measured and again, every area is down some. Scale doesn't show that either. DANG SCALE! Thanks for the words. My DD's range from 500 - 800 as needed. I am always hungry in the a.m. ALWAYS. After I drink water, it seems to go away. Today I drank 60 oz of water and then didn't need to eat till 10:30 a.m. that is LATE for me! THus far today is a GREAT DD! I had a huge plate of tomatoes with cottage cheese, little shredded cheese and touch of light dressing. YUMMY and only 175c! LOVE THAT!

Tami - look at how far you have come??? 50 pounds is GREAT. You will get there girl, I KNOW IT! Winning isn't everything. What they learn is more important and that they are having fun. Coaching is everything and an intense, mean, WINNING coach is NOT for me. I'll take the laid back kind that favors my child learning and succeeding and feeling good about herself even if we rarely win. Thankfully my daughter's team seems to do ok. Not winning all the time, but not losing all either!

Monica - JUDDD! Come see my journey!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2012, 01:01 PM   #452
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Oh, I agree with you on all accounts, Monica! I'd guess they were about 50/50 for the weekend, but the close games like they had created a wonderful learning environment. Too far ahead and the boys get sloppy and don't learn a lot and too far behind and they tend to give up and again don't learn much, so it truly was nice to see them struggle with team after team losing by only one or two... or winning by one or two. We even had a tie and had to go to a shoot out - won that one. We won one blowout, otherwise every other game was pretty even which meant they had to stay on their toes, stay focused and play smart every game except that one blow out. I really couldn't be happier with the tournament, even if we had won the whole thing
Old 08-01-2012, 01:04 PM   #453
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
Hello! Just popping in on my phone... I have a confession! I have been slacking at psoting... But still kept on track (mostly). I had a couple beer on the weekend, and went for sushi last night... I'm sitting at 204 today but started the M/E fast today... So hoping I start to drop again!
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:31 PM   #454
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PeacefulGuide
Stats: waist in 41/34.5/29
WOE: LC with no flax/nuts/beef
Start Date: 9/2010 restart 5/2012
Need some advice sweet ladies. My energy has been pretty low for a few weeks and I havent been bouncing back. Yesterday I had a cheat day and today I feel A-mazing. What do you gals think? Is this a sign my cals or carbs are too low? Thank you for any help
PeacefulGuide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:57 PM   #455
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: anna_banana
Stats: 170/140.9/120 (5'4")
WOE: Doing my own LC (currently less than 20/day)...
Start Date: July 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeacefulGuide View Post
Need some advice sweet ladies. My energy has been pretty low for a few weeks and I havent been bouncing back. Yesterday I had a cheat day and today I feel A-mazing. What do you gals think? Is this a sign my cals or carbs are too low? Thank you for any help
Hi PeacefulGuide,

I think if you post your menu more experienced members on this thread can help you out. How are you balancing your fat/protein/carb? Are you aiming for zero carb? I find that if I don't have enough protein and/or fat in my diet I feel really tired and less energetic.

Also - you're doing the shred, aren't you? Is it that your body is needing a bit more fuel to get through the exercise regime? Are you sleeping well? Drinking enough water?

Sorry that my reply probably isn't the most helpful but there are probably lots of factors to consider... But I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better now. Maybe you needed the extra calories/nutrient.

Anna
anna_banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:12 PM   #456

Peace - give us details. How many calories/ carbs are you at? Anna has a good point about your recent exercise addition. That may be playing into it too.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:11 PM   #457
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Monica and Anna. I'm not following anything in particular other than LC and moderate fat. I net 25-55 carbs per day when I count. I think my cals maybe getting too low some days. Even though I'm not hungry, would I feel fatigue from my cals being low? I feel like I'm relearning my body.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:03 AM   #458

Quote:
Originally Posted by boop13 View Post
Hello! Just popping in on my phone... I have a confession! I have been slacking at psoting... But still kept on track (mostly). I had a couple beer on the weekend, and went for sushi last night... I'm sitting at 204 today but started the M/E fast today... So hoping I start to drop again!
what is the M/E fast? Is that meat and eggs only???
Old 08-02-2012, 06:04 AM   #459

Quote:
Thank you Monica and Anna. I'm not following anything in particular other than LC and moderate fat. I net 25-55 carbs per day when I count. I think my cals maybe getting too low some days. Even though I'm not hungry, would I feel fatigue from my cals being low? I feel like I'm relearning my body.
Very possibly. Tell me an average day menu and I can run the calories really quick and we can see!
Old 08-02-2012, 06:05 AM   #460

Weigh in day was today, I am the same as last week. I should probably own it and put it in my signature...but I so don't want to. I am 171.2 Like I said earlier this week, dang cake was hard to resist. I haven't had any for a couple of days and what isn't gone by this evening, I am throwing away. Tonight we are taking the kids to Orange Leaf - frozen yogurt place. I love that stuff so I will save calories for that.

*sigh* My goal by Labor day was 165, I somehow think that is NOT going to happen! Heck, I think my July 4th goal was 168, that might not even happen by Labor Day! Pulling my boot straps up and am going to be more diligent with counting my calories. You know, ever since I tried to LOWER my Up day calories, I have been EPIC FAIL! I am going to put those back up to 1950 and see what happens. I lowered them to 1850 thinking it would help. Now, I am not saying I ate at 1850 level, but I think mentally, trying to lower it is messed me up!

I am going to try to refocus! I am maintaining so that is not HORRIBLE, but I was really hoping for the 160's
Old 08-02-2012, 07:11 AM   #461
Senior LCF Member

Monica - I think I would feel the same if I had cake around in my kitchen. I love to cook and bake, and I have some awesome recipes for amazing cakes, but if I baked those I'd be committing a big sin. Nowadays I only bake if I give it to someone as soon as it comes out of the oven. But your weight is consistent, right? It hasn't crept up higher! So well done, I'm sure this coming week will be better.

Boop13 - I'd really appreciate your feedback while you're on meat & egg fast. I've read about it on this board and thought it might be a good idea to try it when I'm closer to my goal weight and have trouble shifting the last few pounds. BTW, I really miss sushi too - definitely one of my favorite foods pre-LC days...

Me... My TOM is approaching (within a couple of days, I think? Sorry if TMI) and my weight has gone up to 157. What the...! Ladies, don't get me wrong, I love being a woman and all, but I hate the pre-TOM. I get bloated, get major cravings, headaches, constipation, mild depression, cramps, you name it I get it. As if being on a mini-stall this week isn't good enough, eh? If I could wish for a miracle I'll ask for no TOM while I'm on weight loss phase of LC. It can all happen when I'm maintaining my goal weight.

Anyways, I've planned a BBQ with my friends on Sat and that should cheer me up to no end - plus, it's at my place so I can have LC food (mmm, lots of meat... ) and not worry about eating out!

Anna

Last edited by anna_banana; 08-02-2012 at 07:15 AM.. Reason: can't type in the morning!
Old 08-02-2012, 07:43 AM   #462
Senior LCF Member

The M/E fast is just meat and eggs, I add some fat in cooking my eggs in butter or CO and mayo if my eggs are hard boiled. I did have a little lettuce+ onion on burger patty last nite, and mayo on my eggs. But it seems to be working. Down to 202.8 today. Going to do it til at least the weekend. Thru saturday maybe. Depends what we end up doing on the weekend I guess.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:08 AM   #463
Major LCF Poster!

Great job, Boop!

Monica, cake??? What were you thinking? LOL Just kidding girl, you know how to get this back under control and it sounds like you already have. Hopefully the scale will reward you soon!

Peaceful, your cals being too low could absolutely make you feel fatigued. Have you been using any of the tracking programs? With such a carb range I'm slightly concerned that maybe carb creep could be causing that dreaded carb brain fog & fatigue to return? I use ****** just because I've always used it and it has all of my old weights, foods, etc. already there, but any of the tracking programs should work to help keep you focused and give you a better idea of what could be causing the fatigue. Heck even just a hand written food journal would work. I'm sure we can get this figured out

Anna, it's really not fair the hormone changes us girls have to go through
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:54 AM   #464
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/192/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Cake is one of the few things I CANNOT have in my house, well that and frosting but I figure the 2 go together It doesn't matter if I have to scale to the top of house at 2 AM, I will eventually cave and eat all of it in sight. Monica, 160's won't be long. Just buckle down and do what you know works.

Boop you are so, so close I hope the M/E pushes you into onederland territory this week. I did M/E for weeks on end and its not that bad but it has changed my relationship with eggs forever

Anna, I would think too few calories would be more the culprit than the low carbs but each body is individual. Try adjusting one and see what happens and then go back and tweak the other.

I hope I didn't miss anyone. I'm in mid cycle limbo which happens every month and I don't know why I let it bother me but it does. I so want to see the 160's and its so close I can taste it but I could chop my arm off right now and the scale would still keep me at 171 . Oh well, a few weeks won't kill me in the grand scheme of things. Maybe patience is good for us.

Last edited by brewstate; 08-02-2012 at 11:03 AM..
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:12 AM   #465
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/208/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
*sigh* My goal by Labor day was 165, I somehow think that is NOT going to happen! Heck, I think my July 4th goal was 168, that might not even happen by Labor Day! Pulling my boot straps up and am going to be more diligent with counting my calories. You know, ever since I tried to LOWER my Up day calories, I have been EPIC FAIL! I am going to put those back up to 1950 and see what happens. I lowered them to 1850 thinking it would help. Now, I am not saying I ate at 1850 level, but I think mentally, trying to lower it is messed me up!
You'll figure it out. It's a process of trial and error, isn't it? I'd like to see a JUDDD thread called "what I tried that did NOT work".

For example...filed under "not ever doing THAT again":

Yesterday I tried making a skillet of cabbage/laughing cow/vegetarian meatballs for DD. Instead of waiting until 4-5 and eating only one meal, I started at 2 and ate some of it for lunch, saving most of it for dinner.

Unfortunately, cooked cabbage doesn't take up the same amount of space in my tummy as raw cabbage does. I was STARVING all evening.

Never. Again.

On the bright side: 175-ish is sticking. 180-ish is out the door. So as long as the pants keep fitting looser and looser, I'll take it.

I went out and walked this morning through my little coastal Oregon town. It was fun, and also exercise!! Total win!!

Have a lovely day, lovelies!!

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:13 AM   #466
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anna_banana View Post
I just went to Costco and tried on a size 8 (that's right, SIZE EIGHT!) jeans and they fit!
Wow!! Size 8 is awesome. You are doing so great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
I'm back from the kiddo's tournament and ate well all weekend. Had a bit of mystery dressing & had to pick off some breading, but otherwise ate awesome all weekend!
Mystery dressing... Good job staying on plan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
I am always hungry in the a.m. ALWAYS. After I drink water, it seems to go away. Today I drank 60 oz of water and then didn't need to eat till 10:30 a.m. that is LATE for me!
And...you make sure you get in all your water that way!! Total win.

I wish something would get me inspired to drink my water. Sparkling water worked for a long time, but I'm burned out on it now. Iced herbal tea worked for about three days. Now...not so much. I drink obscene amounts of decaf coffee during the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
...the close games like they had created a wonderful learning environment. Too far ahead and the boys get sloppy and don't learn a lot and too far behind and they tend to give up and again don't learn much, so it truly was nice to see them struggle with team after team losing by only one or two... or winning by one or two.
There you go, that's life in a nutshell, isn't it?

Quote:
I had a couple beer on the weekend, and went for sushi last night...
Sounds wonderful, I love sushi (also beer)!! Welcome back!!

Quote:
Need some advice sweet ladies. My energy has been pretty low for a few weeks and I havent been bouncing back. Yesterday I had a cheat day and today I feel A-mazing. What do you gals think? Is this a sign my cals or carbs are too low?
Agree with what others have said...but am leaning more towards carbs than calories. Why? Because we've got plenty of energy hanging around on our hips ...if we can access it.

The question is, what's stopping that process - accessing our fat for energy - from going at full blast? It could be lack of water, as anna suggested. It could be want of a few grams of carbs - there's a byproduct of glycolysis that facilitates fat-burning (it seems like it's pyruvate, but I don't quite remember), and while we can manufacture it ourselves or get it elsewhere, a few more carbs can get it going too.

I was thinking too that it could be some basic vitamins/minerals you're getting low on - like some of the B-complex perhaps? - that your cheat day might have inadvertently added back into your diet. Or maybe you needed more protein to replace your shredded muscle tissue?

Lynne
Old 08-02-2012, 12:06 PM   #467

Anna - yes, my weight has been consistent. All within the same pound. FOCUSING this week!

Boop - way to go girl! I don't know I could do that. How long are you planning the M/E fast?

Elise - I think YOU and I will BOTH see the 160's next week, I JUST KNOW IT!!!!!!

Lynne - look at you go girl! You are doing so well. Last night I went to bed hungry too, I HATE THAT!!!!!!!

Today will be better and next week, the 160's WILL BE MINE!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2012, 05:51 PM   #468
Senior LCF Member

I'm not sure I could do the M/E for 2 weeks... But if it will get me to my bday goal...but may consider it. I was going to do it 3-4 days this week... Eat lc a few days. Then maybe another 3-4 days next week... Did well today. Hb eggs. Scrambled eggs. Thawing some bacon for a change for tomorrow! Oh how I love bacon!
Old 08-02-2012, 07:14 PM   #469
Senior LCF Member

Just wanted to say thank you ladies. I womaned up and recorded my intake and I am waaaaay lower than I thought. My carbs are 10-25 and cals are 800-1200 a day this week. Today I got my eat on and I'm feeling much better. I think I will have to log my food since I'm not managing this as well as I thought. Such work this weight loss stuff *wry grin*
Old 08-03-2012, 05:55 AM   #470

Boop - sounds like you are doing great! Keep it up girl! I need variety, so I wouldn't last long but you are doing awesome!

Peace - OH those calories are too low girl. EAT UP!!! Throw some nuts in your plan, that will bulk up the calories quickly!

Had a great day yesterday. Calories were right at 1900! Today is a DD and I am working it so I can have an adult beverage this evening. I am so ready for the weekend. We have friends at the house through Sunday so we will have a GREAT time!
Old 08-03-2012, 07:21 AM   #471
Major LCF Poster!

Peaceful, 800-1200 a day calories while exercising strenuously? Looks like you found the culprit.

How do you do that, don't you get wildly hungry? Exercise makes me ravenous.

Zipp, you made it all the way to 1900 yesterday! Sounds so weird to say stuff like that, huh? Have a wonderful, friend-filled, memory-filled weekend!!

Boop, I have to agree on the bacon. Love bacon.

Not much to contribute, but I was reading this book yesterday called The Community of Kindness, and came across this quote in it that I wanted to share:

"Just to be on the first step should make you happy and proud. To have reached this point is no small achievement: what you have done already is a wonderful thing." - C.V. Cavafy

No matter what the scale says today, we're doing great.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!! May your WOE be easy and your exercise be joyful!!

Lynne
Old 08-03-2012, 07:40 AM   #472

Lynn, I LOVE THAT QUOTE! That is awe inspiring!
Old 08-03-2012, 07:46 AM   #473
Senior LCF Member

Hello ladies! I weighed in this morning at 201.4!!! Doing a happy dance... ONEderland is so very close! And I have 5.6 to lose before the 13th... I know it won't be easy in 10 days... But if I can not stray to far from this M/E woe I think I can do it!!!
Old 08-03-2012, 07:47 AM   #474
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/192/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Good morning everyone!

Sounds like a good plan boop that is totally doable. I hate eggs and I managed to do it for a while. It does work.

Peaceful, those calories are WAY too low. No wonder you felt better after a cheat day. I know sometimes if my carbs are too low its hard to get the calories in so you need to focus on high nutrient foods that are low carb.

Lynn what an inspiring quote. It really puts it into prospective that every step in the right direction is a celebration.

Good luck with your DD Zipp. I love that I can have wine again. I'm still a LC girl at heart but there is something about wine that seems so luxurious and wonderful after a hard day (now I just need that jacuzzi bath and good book).

Scale is not playing nice so I'm ignoring it for a few days. I'm not going to even pay attention to it again until it says 169.xx

Last edited by brewstate; 08-03-2012 at 07:48 AM..
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:56 AM   #475
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Just wanted to say thank you ladies. I womaned up and recorded my intake and I am waaaaay lower than I thought. My carbs are 10-25 and cals are 800-1200 a day this week. Today I got my eat on and I'm feeling much better. I think I will have to log my food since I'm not managing this as well as I thought. Such work this weight loss stuff *wry grin*
Great job in figuring that out! With the increased exercise it makes sense that you were tired! So happy you're feeling better!
Old 08-03-2012, 07:59 AM   #476
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
"Just to be on the first step should make you happy and proud. To have reached this point is no small achievement: what you have done already is a wonderful thing." - C.V. Cavafy
What a great quote, Lynne! I'm really really trying to live contently with the slower loss and just being on plan and staying on plan truly is no small achievement! The old me would have been a psychotic mess trying to speed things up! Thanks, Lynne!
Old 08-03-2012, 08:03 AM   #477
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hello ladies! I weighed in this morning at 201.4!!! Doing a happy dance... ONEderland is so very close! And I have 5.6 to lose before the 13th... I know it won't be easy in 10 days... But if I can not stray to far from this M/E woe I think I can do it!!!
Great job, Boop! I think I'm going to do M/E next week just to rein things back in a bit. I've been a little sloppy with too many nuts, cream, etc. the last few days and with all the restaurant food from last weekend it's probably time to get back to basics for a bit.

My weight had actually jumped a couple of pounds yesterday and those are gone now. Still sitting at 226, but happy to see that number again this morning.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!!
Old 08-03-2012, 08:14 AM   #478
Senior LCF Member

Lynne - Amazing quote! Thanks for that. It totally makes my day…

Peaceful - Glad that you've found the culprit for the low energy. Good luck - I find it difficult to consume 1200 cal/day without getting close to 20g carb limit…

Boop13 - Congratulations! So close to onederland. You'll get there soon!

Elise - My scale's not cooperating either. I'm going to have a stern word with it then threaten to throw it out if it doesn't behave soon. Maybe next week will be better for both of us!

Ladies, my weight is still the same. My scale's not budging, but I'm hoping to smile once I measure my body on Sunday. This TOM is a *****…

Have a good weekend!

Anna
Old 08-03-2012, 11:11 AM   #479

Quote:
OH how awesome! Keep it up girl, you are doing GREAT!!!

Old 08-03-2012, 11:13 AM   #480

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstate View Post
Good luck with your DD Zipp. I love that I can have wine again. I'm still a LC girl at heart but there is something about wine that seems so luxurious and wonderful after a hard day (now I just need that jacuzzi bath and good book).

Scale is not playing nice so I'm ignoring it for a few days. I'm not going to even pay attention to it again until it says 169.xx
OH I agree! Love what JUDDD has allowed me to add in and enjoy AND lose weight!

You and I girl, we will see that 169, SOON!!!!!!!!!!!