Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2012, 09:40 PM   #421
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PeacefulGuide
Stats: waist in 41/34.5/29
WOE: LC with no flax/nuts/beef
Start Date: 9/2010 restart 5/2012
Wow, go JC!

Doing okay here Level 1 shred down and level 2 = 2x as hard lol omg

Yesterday I went to a small party/get together while starving bc it was such a busy day. Ate a ginormous burrito that was healthy but way out of my carb range. I decided to enjoy it and do better today-which I did awesomely so all's well in the balance of things.

Looks like we are Kickin butt towards Fall!
PeacefulGuide is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2012, 06:42 AM   #422
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
JC - great way to look at things! You ARE doing amazing!

Tami - 49 pounds is tremendous!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:43 AM   #423

Peace - way to have a little splurge and get right back on things!

My DD yesterday came in about 850c. The way I was feeling, I almost threw it all in and had whatever I wanted for dinner. For some reason I was so HUNGRY yesterday. Instead I had some peanuts and moved on! It was so hot for Haven's 6:30 game. There was not a cloud in the sky and the sun just beat us to death! By the 9:00 game it was actually nice. We WON both games. Haven had 1 double and 1 triple! It was a great night for the OUTrageous!

Monica -Come see my journey!
Old 07-27-2012, 06:44 AM   #424

I remembered to weigh this morning and was up 1 pound. Further reason to HATE my husband and his ability to drop weight like NOTHING!

171.2, I won't record it on my stats....we will assume it is from the heat!

I will weigh again on Thursday
Old 07-27-2012, 08:11 AM   #425
Senior LCF Member

Lol Zipp, my man looks like he hits the gym 5 days a week and hasn't exercised since he got out of the military 10 years ago. Genetics are so unfair lol.

Day 12 shred...hurts ow ow hurts. Muscles will need to acclimate to all the new just like with level 1...couch- here I come!
Old 07-27-2012, 08:26 AM   #426
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
50 pounds gone baby! Doin' the happy dance here this morning!!!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I'll be with my youngest at water polo National Jr. Olympics through Tuesday. This should be our last year participating as both of my guys are aging out. Yes, Monica, it does come to an end eventually <gg> and I already miss some of the craziness! We check into our hotel tonight, team meeting at 8, 2-3 games tomorrow with team bbq squeezed in there somewhere and then 3 more days of games! Fun Fun Fun! And hitting that 50 pound mark is the perfect motivation to stay on plan!
Old 07-27-2012, 08:28 AM   #427
Major LCF Poster!

Peaceful, can you believe you've made it almost two weeks, getting close to have way there, of 30DS? I'm soooooo impressed!!! KUTGW!!!

Monica, kudos to Haven for her awesome games! The heat sounds like a perfectly reasonable explanation for that little tiny itty bitty amount of gain
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:22 PM   #428

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post

WOOHOO!!!!!!! way to go!!!!!!!
Old 07-27-2012, 01:15 PM   #429
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: outofseason
Stats: 278/217.2/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: February 2012
Wow! A gal goes on vacation for a few weeks and she misses out on a lot!

First off, Congrats to everyone! We are seriously doing AMAZING! You girls are a seriously awesome inspiration to me. Whenever I wanted to cheat and eat bad on vaca I thought about this challenge!

I did pretty good on the trip. Took lots of bottled water and snacks for the car and hotel, and tried to choose sensible meals. I did have a few(too many) beers at a baseball game, but it was 102. What else could I have done?

Hope everyone is surviving the heat. I can't believe it is almost August! Not ready to get back to school mode...

I took some kayaking lessons this week, I think I may try to kayak some around here. We have wonderful city lakes that have boats for rent. I also signed up for two weeks of 530AM boot camp at my Y. I hope I can handle it. Has anyone here done a boot camp before?

Have a great weekend!
Leslie

Oh yeah, 227.0 this morning!
outofseason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:55 PM   #430

Leslie, look at you go girl!!!!!
Old 07-28-2012, 08:12 AM   #431
Senior LCF Member

Welcome back Leslie

All the sports events sound like fun. We've been stuck inside a lot with the heat.

Day 13 30DS down. Really can notice a difference in my tummy. I carry most of my weight there unfortunately but its good to see it decreasing. Wish I had a magic wand though lol

I'm grumpy today...very very grumpy. I need a cave or a bridge to crouch under.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:06 PM   #432
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: anna_banana
Stats: 170/140.9/120 (5'4")
WOE: Doing my own LC (currently less than 20/day)...
Start Date: July 2012
Hello ladies,

Hope you're enjoying your weekend - thankfully it's a bit cooler here in Toronto today, I think it's going to heat up again next week, though...

I'm down to 157 as of this morning. I think now I can say that I'm definitely in 150's. I'm sooooo happy about that! Losing 13 pounds is no small thing for me - any weight loss is welcome but this time I'm doing it with exercise and I don't feel deprived of food, which is probably why I'm sticking to this woe.

I know that I haven't been doing LC for a very long time (compared to some of you) but I've been charting my progress on ****** - looking at 3 weeks of downward trend, even with moments of no loss, is totally awesome.

I've decided to have a mini-celebration every time I lose 10 pounds - so I bought myself a little summer dress from Old Navy. It's elastic/stretchy on top so I can wear it for a while, even if I lose more weight (fingers crossed!).

Hope you're well and the weight loss fairy's been busy!

Anna
anna_banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:24 PM   #433
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
Wow!!:jumpj oy: That is quite an accomplishment!

Leslie, I've been looking at the lake here and thinking kayaking might be a fun thing to do. Didn't know there was such a thing as lessons, though.

Peaceful, sorry the heat's got you cooped up. That's the worst. Hope it cools off very soon!!

Anna, that's so great!! 13 pounds is a lot in three weeks!!

WTG, challengers!! You're all such a joy to lose with.

Lynne

P.S. My skinny jeans are actually comfortable now so I wear them all day, and the old jeans are so big they're falling off. UD yesterday was fun, I made good choices - a little carbier than usual but not outrageous. Today's DD is still going down real easy.

I love this WOE, have I mentioned this lately?

I was just thinking last night - I wonder if I didn't lose any weight the first month of this challenge with JUDDD (but "morphed" into this new skinny person nonetheless) because I had lost muscle/bone mass with the hard-core IF'ing I was doing from Mar - June...and my first month of JUDDD I was replacing some of that essential tissue, still losing fat, but the scale was basically staying the same?

It would be hard to say, I know. But I wonder if that's why people sometimes seem to "stall" when they move to JUDDD from very restrictive WOEs? Maybe they're building themselves back up again.

At any rate, I'm glad I decided not to tweak anything or worry about it too much. I know I can do this WOE forever, and that's a very nice feeling.

P.S.S. BTW...it's weird, but I actually feel totally skinny. I know I weigh 176 pounds or whatever (staying off the scale! ) but I feel beautiful now. I never thought that would happen in a million years.

Okay, now I'm done typing.

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:35 PM   #434
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/192/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
miscobi Wow on 50 lbs. My son weighs 60 lbs and is heavy and its fun to imagine losing almost that much. You must feel so light!

Lynn no worries on the scale, its a demon being and is no way to be trusted. Its how your body shape morphs when eating correctly that is more important and it sound like you are rocking that part.

I hate my scale, but I love the way my pants feel. I tried on a pair today that I thought no way in a million years will they fit but miraculously I was able to slide them over my hips, and then to my amazement the fabric went all the way around my waist and I could button them with only the tiniest muffin top and they were size 12, then I tried on a size 13 mossimo juniors and it fit too~~ No scale number could make me jump as much as fitting into those darn pants.

I don't remember the last time I could wear a 12 but I'm pretty sure the my age had a 1 in front of it, I'm guessing 16

Last edited by brewstate; 07-28-2012 at 03:39 PM..
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:22 PM   #435
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstate View Post
I tried on a pair today that I thought no way in a million years will they fit but miraculously I was able to slide them over my hips, and then to my amazement the fabric went all the way around my waist and I could button them with only the tiniest muffin top and they were size 12, then I tried on a size 13 mossimo juniors and it fit too~~ No scale number could make me jump as much as fitting into those darn pants.

I don't remember the last time I could wear a 12 but I'm pretty sure the my age had a 1 in front of it, I'm guessing 16
OMG. I'm squealing!!

That is just amazing, size 12??? You must be over the moon.

Way to go!!

Lynne

P.S. I'm gonna go try some reaally skinny jeans on now, you inspired me!!
Old 07-29-2012, 08:27 AM   #436
Senior LCF Member

Lynne& Elise: congrats on your NSVs!!! You gals are right, those jeans say more than the scale ever can. We must be on the same wave length lol cuz I put on my true 14s...no stretch to them...the ones I dreamed of one day fitting back in at all....they are loose omg loose. Last week the thighs still were too binding when I lifted my knees. This shredding stuff is blowing my mind

Lynne, you are beautiful! Rock it!

Anna-congrats! The 150s is a big deal! I plan on splurging on something new and stretchy too in a few weeks

Tami- I am not "that person" who gets up early to do an exercise videos. I'm the person who doesn't even consider such a thing lol. I'm not sure what got me moving on this. I'm amazing myself by sticking to it. We can do anything we firmly decide on.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:09 AM   #437
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeacefulGuide View Post
Lynne& Elise: congrats on your NSVs!!! You gals are right, those jeans say more than the scale ever can. We must be on the same wave length lol cuz I put on my true 14s...no stretch to them...the ones I dreamed of one day fitting back in at all....they are loose omg loose.
Wow!!!

That is the amazing power of exercise!! I guess all that PAIN seems worth it now, huh??

You are such an inspiration. WTG!!

Lynne

P.S. And thanks for telling me I'm beautiful. I really can't hear that enough, after a lifetime of being invisible.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:09 AM   #438

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
P.S.S. BTW...it's weird, but I actually feel totally skinny. I know I weigh 176 pounds or whatever (staying off the scale! ) but I feel beautiful now. I never thought that would happen in a million years.

Okay, now I'm done typing.
You are beautiful.....so glad you are actually feeling it now!!!!!!!
Old 07-30-2012, 07:11 AM   #439

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstate View Post
WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!! That is amazing girl! Look at you. The scale is a LIAR and a CHEAT. The size of clothing does NOT lie!
Old 07-30-2012, 07:14 AM   #440

Good weekend here. We were outside a LOT! I think yesterday it hit like 110* here. I am so freaking tired of summer and this horrible HEAT! Done with it. Bring on FALL! DD's softball tournament went well. They came in 4th overall. They got a medal and a team trophy! Softball is now done till 09/07. They will practice, but no games.

Food went well this weekend. Might have been a bit on the high side for both DD and UD's. I don't know about any of you, but when I am HOT, like 100*++ hot, my ability to make good decisions about food get really tough! I still stayed within my acceptable range for down and up days. We will call it a success. This week I weigh in on Thursday!
Old 07-30-2012, 07:43 AM   #441
Senior LCF Member

Zipp, congrats to your daughter-that's awesome. Good job staying in range with all the temptations

Measurements-I'm bloated today thanks to tons of salt but here goes
Under bust 32
Waist 32 1/4
Hips 36
Thighs 24 1/4
Bicep 12.5

So:
Under bust -1/2
Waist -1/4
Hips 0
Thighs +1/4 grrrr darn squats
Bicep -1/2

Not much movement but wow does it all look better!
BTW: half way today!! Whoop!!
Old 07-30-2012, 08:42 AM   #442
Senior LCF Member

Monica - congratulations to your daughter! Awesome!!

Peaceful - Amazing - half way!! Congrats!

I love hearing about our awesome losses. It really helps with the motivation.

I'm down to 155 this morning! Woohoo! 35 more to go until my goal weight. I'm sure things will get (much) harder as I get closer to the goal weight, and I'm sure there'll be plenty of stalls coming up - in fact, there should be one coming up pretty soon (I think I have one after I lose a few pounds) but I'm not going to worry about it and just continue as usual. I still read Lynn's comments about the office manager and that totally makes sense (and cracks me up).

Anna
Old 07-30-2012, 10:56 AM   #443
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: loop4yah
Hi Anna congratz on your weight loss! Way to go!

I was wondering if you could post a daily menu of what u eat.

I'm interested to see what you eat on the LFL program compared to the other various programs running around these boards. I'm not to familiar with the LFL program and I'm kind of curious! Thanks
loop4yah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:06 PM   #444
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loop4yah View Post
Hi Anna congratz on your weight loss! Way to go!

I was wondering if you could post a daily menu of what u eat.

I'm interested to see what you eat on the LFL program compared to the other various programs running around these boards. I'm not to familiar with the LFL program and I'm kind of curious! Thanks
Hello Loop!

Umm... I need to change that in my profile, actually. In terms of LFL I'm a total failure, not sticking to their plans past day 3 (LFL induction was for 3 days.)! After that their "ongoing weight loss phase" is to eat low carb and low fat and moderate protein, which is quite difficult to do. So rather than following it to the letter I decided to abandon ship and follow my own mind/stomach and do low carb (less than 20g/day), high fat (~60-65%), moderate protein (~25-35%). This is probably most similar to the Atkins induction/sort of weight loss phase (don't quote me on that, I've only quickly browsed through the Atkins book). But whatever it is, it's working for me so far. Sorry I'm not directly answering your questions re. LFL... But here's a link to the thread that sums up LFL pretty nicely: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/le...nut-shell.html

I've been logging my food in ****** the best I can... If I go under 1000 calories I don't lose any weight, so I try to keep it at around 1200. I think it's my body telling me that I have to eat, otherwise it'll rebel! So I just eat more.

Here's my menu from this past weekend:

Sat breakfast: 4oz Greek yoghurt
Sat morning snack: 1 cheese crisp (made of 15g grated cheddar)
Sat lunch: 4oz haddock, fried in 1 tsp olive oil, with 2 Tbsp sauerkraut, 1 Tbsp butter (melted on fish) and 1 Tbsp cream cheese (for desert)
Sat dinner: Moroccan chicken made with 4oz chicken breast, 30g onion, 30g red peppers and 10 black olives, 1 Tbsp olive oil, 1g splenda and various spices. Had that with 200g shirataki noodles and 2 cups of shredded iceberg lettuce (with 1 Tbsp mayo).
Sat eve snack: 1 boiled egg

Sun breakfast: 1 boiled egg
Sun morning snack: 1 cheese crisp (made of 15g grated cheddar)
Sun lunch: 5oz haddock, fried in 1 tsp olive oil, 1 Tbsp butter (melted on fish), 1 cup of shredded iceberg lettuce with 1 Tbsp caesar dressing
Sun snack: 1 boiled egg
Sun dinner: 6oz beef, sliced thin and fried in 1 tsp olive oil, with 2 cups of shredded iceberg lettuce (with 1 Tbsp mayo)
Sun eve snack: 2 Tbsp cream cheese with 1g splenda

I always drink coffee (about 3-4 mugs, black, but probably weaker coffee than most people) in the morning and drink more or less 3 litres of water (that's about 94 fl oz). I LOVE EGGS - boiled is the easiest, but I could survive on eggs alone for a long, long time. I also take multi-vitamins, biotin, omega-3, iron, psyllium supplement.

I probably need to add more veggies to my diet, but right now I don't want to rock the boat. Once my next stall comes I will alter something.

Anna

Last edited by anna_banana; 07-30-2012 at 12:18 PM.. Reason: Keep forgetting to add bits...
Old 07-31-2012, 06:34 AM   #445

Good morning all! It's Tuesday, that's a step in the right direction.

Yesterday's down day ended up on the higher side. I was doing SO WELL TOO! Then I served the kids some jello poke cake and had 3/4 of a piece. Totalled it up, it was just shy of 800c. I do a range on DD's anyway, 500-800 so still within my range, just had hoped to keep it lower. OH WELL! Now when I complain I didn't lose, SOMEONE remind me of this! Today's goal is a CONTROLLED up day!
Old 08-01-2012, 06:24 AM   #446

Have we lost all our ANGRY AUTUMN gals???

Hump day here and a DD. I'm HUNGRY! Naturally. Will get in a bunch of water to see if that fills the WHOLE! hoping to hold off eating till 10:00 a.m.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:50 AM   #447
Senior LCF Member

Hello Monica! Good luck with your DD, I don't know if I'd ever be disciplined enough to do a JUDDD. I'll mess up all my DD...

No weight loss for me (2 days), so still 155. But that's okay. I'll only tweak something if the scale doesn't move for a whole week. And plus, we all know that the scale's a LIAR, right?

Good luck everyone - and where is everyone? Off on some fabulous holiday?

Anna
Old 08-01-2012, 08:38 AM   #448
Major LCF Poster!

I'm here!

It's a DD for me. Monica, I am sorry you are (almost) always hungry on DDs, from first thing in the morning. I don't experience that, and I think if I did, I wouldn't be able to continue doing it, because I'm a big baby.

I've been avoiding that, for better or worse. I have been managing UD calories to keep from getting hungry on DDs. Meaning, if I get hungry on a DD, I raise my calories a little - to 600, 700, or else for the moment I just endure the hunger.

But then on the next UD, I eat more, not less, keeping my eye on the "spread" between UD and DD calories. In other words, I look at DD hunger as a sign that I'm not eating enough on UD's.

Of course, I'm losing weight at a snail's pace, so it might not be a great technique , but I figure I've lost 40 pounds this year, so it's okay to pause. I can take a minute to figure out this UD/DD thing so I can do it for the long haul, because I really, really like it.

I've only lost 8 pounds in 2 months, though (awk!).

My stats don't perfectly show this, because I quit the last challenge 2 weeks early (can't remember why now, I think I stopped losing weight) and my weight went back up to 183 when I reintroduced lc ice cream.
So now down to 175, 8 pounds lost on JUDDD.

I've rambled on for pages and pages here, sorry. I'm not even sure I was making a point.

Anna, you've already got the shirataki noodle thing going, you'd have no trouble with JUDDD. I hate them. But happily, I am deeply in love with cabbage, so there's hope for me yet.

Stay strong everyone!! Stay cool in the heat and hope you're having some summer fun!!

Lynne

P.S. Ignoring the scale (for now), only listening to the camera and the pants. The pants don't lie.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:14 AM   #449
Senior LCF Member

Hi Lynne, you always seem to have the right thing to say. Reading your post makes me think that even I might be able to try JUDDD!! Maybe I will, once I get tired of less than 20 carbs/day thing. But so far this WOE has kept my carb appetite down to almost nothing. Mashed potatoes, rice, noodles, pasta, all my favorite things, have been replaced with cauliflour and shirataki/konjac noodles. And I don't feel deprived, which is the important thing for me - I have to be mentally satisfied.

Anyways, guess what, ladies! I just went to Costco and tried on a size 8 (that's right, SIZE EIGHT!) jeans and they fit! Obviously, seeing that it's Costco it's probably larger than the "normal" mall sized clothing - have you noticed that the clothing sizes aren't the same anymore in stores? Over the last 10 years I swear the actual sizes have become smaller even with same numbers. But back to the point - when I put on these size 8 jeans I only get a tiny little muffin top, but otherwise I can sit, and breathe comfortably and don't feel like I have to starve throughout the day.

Total win for the day. Who cares if the scale lies to me, clothes don't lie!!

Anna
Old 08-01-2012, 09:26 AM   #450
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning ladies! I'm back from the kiddo's tournament and ate well all weekend. Had a bit of mystery dressing & had to pick off some breading, but otherwise ate awesome all weekend! I'm also down a couple more pounds to 226 (holy crud I typed 126 first! LOL Wouldn't THAT be amazing? lol). Thanks for the kudos on hitting the 50 pound mark I do feel smaller and lighter. However, I saw pictures of myself from the weekend and realize I still have a long long way to go... sigh... I was so bummed about those pics... but at least I'm headed the right direction.

Leslie, I love that we have nearly the exact same stats, but you're kicking my butt in the excersize department!!! WTG!

Peaceful, I know I've said this over and over... but I am still SOOOO impressed with your 30DS! Amazing! And loose loose skinny jeans! YAY!!!

Anna, 150's! WOW! And half way through them no less! AND a size 8! OMG! YAY for you!!!!

Lynne, I LOVE that skinny feeling! I get it at this weight every now and then (ugh those damn pictures snapping me back to reality! lol) but I'm sure you're really starting to look and feel amazing and I am soooo happy for you!!! And, yes, of course you're beautiful silly girl! You should be hearing that all the time!!! btw, just read the most recent post, ramble on girl... you're always so positive & helpful & I love your posts!

Elise, HUGE congrats on sliding those size 12's on! NICE!

Monica, congrats to DD on the softball tournament. Wish I could say we did as well at Junior Olympics <gg> but the boys had mostly really really close games, so really developed & learned a ton, had a blast, and grew closer as a team. Proud of them even though they ended up toward the bottom. We just switched to this club this past winter, so it was nice to get to know all of the parents better over the 4 day tourney, too. We had been with the prior club for 6 years, but this club's coach coaches the local JC so we handed him my youngest when he decided that was the route he was going this past year. So far I'm very happy. No complaints with either club
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote