Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #391
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWANNABE View Post
I had a bacon cheeseburger and fries and a big spoon full of ice cream last night for dinner.
You did it really smart, though - pretty much all at once, within a limited window of time, like the Carb Addict's Diet. Very little actual SUGAR. Very, very recoverable. And it was enjoyable food, and a family meal! Yay!!

Sorry you got sick.

Peaceful, I know, right? I look like a different person. And wtg on the first week of the shred!

Zipp, welcome home!!

I love how you carried on right on course; UD today. Not "omg, I've got to clamp down on myself!! I had an imperfect DD or two last week and the first thing I've got to do when I get home is STARVE!!" but rather, that perfect JUDDD serenity of "...and now we continue."

That, to me, is the amazing and hard-to-define benefit of our WOE, and what has made a convert. It's so weird. It changes everything I ever knew about "dieting" and my relationship to it.

Misscobi, your scale is WACK. Mine too. Are they calling each other on the phone and conspiring against us??

Boop...the countdown to ONEDERLAND continues!! Let's go Boop!! Let's go BOOP!!

Brewstate, No idea why people always want to move in the summer, except that maybe humans, just like our fur-covered friends, want to stay in their burrows in the winter?

I haven't been losing much weight for the past month on JUDDD, but the way I look and the way my clothes fit has changed a LOT. Weirdly, my measurements haven't changed, either. Still, my total volume must be less, because my skinny jeans fit differently. (Sheridan's famous pants test. )

So I'm trying not to worry about my relationship with the earth's gravitational field so much.

Lynne

P.S. Scale said 177 this morning.

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2012, 12:49 PM   #392
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PeacefulGuide
Stats: waist in 41/34.5/29
WOE: LC with no flax/nuts/beef
Start Date: 9/2010 restart 5/2012
Weekly measurements-Tightest

Under bust 32.5 -1/2in
Waist 32.5 no diff
Hips 36 -1in
Thigh 24 -1 1/2in
Biceps 13 no diff

For some reason I was expecting a miracle and was little disappointed not to see inches off of my waist. But I do "look" toner even tho my measurements didn't budge. Surprised to see so much off of my thighs in 1 week wowza!

Total 3 weeks loss:
-2 under bust
-3.5 waist
-5 hips

And 1 week loss
-1 1/2 each thigh

Last edited by PeacefulGuide; 07-23-2012 at 12:54 PM.. Reason: Added more
PeacefulGuide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:33 PM   #393
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Lynne - love the new AVI girl!!!!!!!!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:15 PM   #394
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JCWANNABE
Stats: 289/257/135 5'5"
Start Date: April 18th, 2012

Yeah you guys are totally right! A carb splurge once in a while, done correctly, is just fine .

I wanted my carb splurge to be really good, right? And I had to send my burnt burger back! But I also shared a beer sampler with lots of yummy craft beers with DH. The beer was the best part! Yummy porter ~DROOL~ . I just can't do light big beer bland fizzy water. Oh, sorry , my inner beer snob is showing .
JCWANNABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:08 AM   #395

JC - my DH would have loved a craft beer sampler! He is a BEER guy through and through!

Yesterday was a good day. HOT, but lately, that's all it is here! My up day was a little high but within my range.

It's Tuesday, that's a step in the right direction!!!!
Old 07-24-2012, 09:10 AM   #396
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Hello ladies. Sorry I have been MIA!!!! I lost a little focus, but I am back and FOCUSED on the prize!!!!!! Looking forward to seeing new numbers this week!!!!!
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:08 PM   #397

Melanie - glad you are BACK!
Old 07-24-2012, 01:16 PM   #398
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Welcome back, Melanie! Love the focus!
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:31 AM   #399
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/192/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
I'm back too, its been TOM week and I just loose all power to keep accountable sometimes. No damage done. Sitting at 175 on a DD so hoping to see something of a new low tomorrow. My son goes back to school on Monday so lots to keep me busy until then.

Jcwannabe, glad your carb out didn't lead to too many lasting problems.

Lynne, awesome new avi. Can't believe how little you look.

Glad to see you Melanie!
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:35 AM   #400

Back to school so early?? When do you all get out for the year?

It's Wednesday! That's better than Monday or Tuesday Yesterday's DD I was hungry from 3:00 p.m. on. Darn it. I nibbled but didn't eat much. I ate a really hearty breakfast this a.m. and am ready for the day!
Old 07-25-2012, 06:35 AM   #401

I was supposed to weigh in today, totally FORGOT! *DOH*
Old 07-25-2012, 08:48 AM   #402
Major LCF Poster!

Great to see you Brew! So hard to believe the kiddos are starting to head back to school already!

Monica, that must have been a long afternoon/evening! Good job making it through!

My scale is static again Not exactly sure how this weekend will go. Will be out of town for 4-5 days and plan to stay on plan unless we just happen to do a team dinner somewhere with no options. If the scale hasn't moved by the time I get back I'll start thinking about changes, focus, exercise?, etc. again...
Old 07-25-2012, 09:16 AM   #403

Tami - sounds like you have a good plan!
Old 07-25-2012, 02:04 PM   #404
Major LCF Poster!

Mmmmm yummy! Coconut oil mixed with vanilla protein powder tastes like cookie dough!

Perfect high fat with some protein snack.

I'm sure some low fat guru's just shuddered!
Old 07-25-2012, 02:07 PM   #405
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
JC - my DH would have loved a craft beer sampler! He is a BEER guy through and through!

Yesterday was a good day. HOT, but lately, that's all it is here! My up day was a little high but within my range.

It's Tuesday, that's a step in the right direction!!!!
I think that the good craft beer is the hardest thing about Atkins. I'm such a beer snob and my husband and I are in the process of opening our own brew pub. After I've lost all my weight, then I can enjoy a beer a day
Old 07-25-2012, 03:04 PM   #406
Senior LCF Member

I should have mentioned he goes to a year round school. Its the same amount of days but is divided up so they only get a 6 week summer. Its apparently better for learning retention.

Great conversation guys, now I want good german beer and its a DD
Old 07-26-2012, 05:08 AM   #407
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: anna_banana
Stats: 170/140.9/120 (5'4")
WOE: Doing my own LC (currently less than 20/day)...
Start Date: July 2012
Hello everyone, I shall catch up with the thread in a bit but just to say hi and I'm back from my trip! I've only gained half a pound while I was on this trip, yeah!! I had no way of weighing myself, couldn't measure food (other than guestimating and looking at food labels) but I knew I was in ketosis all along, even with a sliver of wedding cake and a glass of champagne.

I'm so proud of myself!! Plus, my measurements last Sunday showed that I'm getting smaller even if the scale isn't cooperating.

Although through the flight back yesterday I was starving!! Just haven't planned enough for the trip, I guess. Airline food really, really sucks - I've even ordered diabetic meal but did you know that comes with carb- and sugar-laden things?

Anyways, good to be back home to my boiled eggs and butter!

Anna
anna_banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:16 AM   #408

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWANNABE View Post
I think that the good craft beer is the hardest thing about Atkins. I'm such a beer snob and my husband and I are in the process of opening our own brew pub. After I've lost all my weight, then I can enjoy a beer a day
Opening your own brew pub??? That would be my DH's DREAM to do! Good luck girl!
Old 07-26-2012, 06:18 AM   #409

Elise - that makes sense. Yes I am sure it is the better way to learn.

Anna - now that is a successful vacation! 1/2 pound! Way to go!!!!!!!!!!

I will weigh in tomorrow. Yesterday was a good up day. Today may be a struggle as we are at the ball fields tonight from 5:30 - 11:00! I am bring strawberries. Will probably be a higher DD!
Old 07-26-2012, 07:35 AM   #410
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Quote:
Originally Posted by anna_banana View Post
Hello everyone, I shall catch up with the thread in a bit but just to say hi and I'm back from my trip! I've only gained half a pound while I was on this trip, yeah!! I had no way of weighing myself, couldn't measure food (other than guestimating and looking at food labels) but I knew I was in ketosis all along, even with a sliver of wedding cake and a glass of champagne.

I'm so proud of myself!! Plus, my measurements last Sunday showed that I'm getting smaller even if the scale isn't cooperating.

Although through the flight back yesterday I was starving!! Just haven't planned enough for the trip, I guess. Airline food really, really sucks - I've even ordered diabetic meal but did you know that comes with carb- and sugar-laden things?

Anyways, good to be back home to my boiled eggs and butter!

Anna
Wow, you did so good!! Way to go!!

I have no idea why airline food must suck, but it does, huh? It must be in the contract somewhere.

Welcome home!!

I, too, have a semi-uncooperative scale. I talk about staying off the scale for a while, but I guess I don't really mean it because I keep weighing. It said 176 yesterday.

JC, what a great business to be in!! Imagine the things you can write off your income tax.

Zipp, I keep meaning to ask you, I must have missed it somewhere... are you an umpire, a player, a coach? What brings you to the ball fields so regularly?

Brew, I think that shorter summer break for the kids sounds pretty smart. Maybe easier on mom, too.

My son goes to a very long (intense) summer camp, 7 weeks. So his actual summer vacation is only 3 weeks long. It's for the same reason you described, to keep his brain in the game through the summer, even though he's learning different things - it still seems to work! But if we had the year round school here, we'd definitely do that.

Have a great day, everyone!!

Lynne
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:59 AM   #411

Quote:
Zipp, I keep meaning to ask you, I must have missed it somewhere... are you an umpire, a player, a coach? What brings you to the ball fields so regularly?
My daughter is on a year round competative softball team. They do a spring league and a fall league and during spring/summer do approaximately 11 tournaments and during fall they do 5 tournaments. She plays on a team from KC and we live in Lawrence so we are 30 minutes from where the team originates. We are only "off" during November and December. They start practices just after New Year's and stops mid-November.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:16 AM   #412
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
My daughter is on a year round competative softball team. They do a spring league and a fall league and during spring/summer do approaximately 11 tournaments and during fall they do 5 tournaments. She plays on a team from KC and we live in Lawrence so we are 30 minutes from where the team originates. We are only "off" during November and December. They start practices just after New Year's and stops mid-November.
Wow, does this sound familiar. Crazy busy, but oh so fun! Hope your daughter realizes all you do for her

Lynne, congrats on the 176!!! I love it!!!

Elise, I loved when my boys were year 'round. We had November, March & July off, so one hot month to play in the water every day and two months where the weather was typically pretty decent and there were no vacation crowds!

Anna, I am soooo impressed! Way to go girl!!!

Sitting right at 229 this morning. I have told my scale how much I want 228... it doesn't care. lol
Old 07-26-2012, 08:19 AM   #413
Senior LCF Member

Zipp, I didn't know you lived in Lawrence? We're practically neighbors. We live 45 minutes south of Joplin and I've often thought about planning a mini-vacation to KC but haven't done it yet. I hear they have great museums (and BBQ ).

Lynn, sorry about the scale troubles, but whatever you are doing is obviously working, you look so skinny.

Scale being skwonky again so I went back to my old tried and true scale. It rewarded my loyalty with 173 so a happy eating day here
Old 07-26-2012, 09:14 AM   #414
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
Hello! I am back. Just checking in quick from my phone@work. Was up for a few days after my weekend away... But down to 202.8 today! 6.8 from my birthday goal, and 18 days to get there... Going to be tight, but I am determined. I am considering doing the M/E fast starting next week for the extra boost!
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:22 AM   #415

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstate View Post
Zipp, I didn't know you lived in Lawrence? We're practically neighbors. We live 45 minutes south of Joplin and I've often thought about planning a mini-vacation to KC but haven't done it yet. I hear they have great museums (and BBQ ).
Way to go on the 173 girl!

I attended college in Springfield MO. Back then it was SMSU! We partied often in Joplin! Tristan (my son) and my parents are down in Branson today at Silver Dollar City!
Old 07-26-2012, 10:24 AM   #416

Quote:
Originally Posted by boop13 View Post
Hello! I am back. Just checking in quick from my phone@work. Was up for a few days after my weekend away... But down to 202.8 today! 6.8 from my birthday goal, and 18 days to get there... Going to be tight, but I am determined. I am considering doing the M/E fast starting next week for the extra boost!
You can make that BIRTDAY goal girl, I JUST KNOW IT!
Old 07-26-2012, 01:42 PM   #417
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: anna_banana
Stats: 170/140.9/120 (5'4")
WOE: Doing my own LC (currently less than 20/day)...
Start Date: July 2012
Just catching up with the thread here...

JCWANNABE - your carb-splurge: a total lesson for me, a new LC-er. Thanks for that - if I ever want to have some carbs I'm going to follow your example - limited time & amount and enjoy it! Not good that you got sick afterwards, though…

Lynne - you look so gorgeous in your photo! Amazing. Tiny face too - I still look quite chubby even though I'm officially in 150's (just about).

Melanie - hello! I like that you've got mini-goals in your signature. Maybe I should adopt your approach and have mini-goals in my calendar…

Tami & Elise - the crazy scale… Mine isn't my best friend but it's not my enemy either. It can choose to be my friend, but so far my tape measure (i.e. my weekly measurements) has been a better friend!

Monica and other moms on this thread - I'm so in awe that you guys can do this while looking after your family. It's been 3 weeks since I've started LCing but I'm finding it hard to be too creative - and that's okay because I'm only planning meals for myself, not for a family! Moms are amazing...

Anna
anna_banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:10 PM   #418
Major LCF Poster!

I just realized something. I officially have less than 100 pounds to lose!!!

Ok, so I still have a long journey ahead of me, but.......... I'm also a third of the way to my goal. 98 pounds to go! But, I'll be considered "normal weight" in 88 pounds . So by that standard I am 38.9% to my goal.

Still, 56 pounds down is much better than my denial about how drowned in fat I was at 289. Only problem is that I was in such denial that I see myself as the same amount of fatness now as I did at 289 . That's starting to change now though .

I actually walked by some glass doors at the super market and instead of being like "OH CRAP I DON'T REALLY LOOK LIKE THAT DO I!!!" I was like "Wow! I don't look that bad, COOL!" When I started I felt like getting to the 230's was like this huge thing and I would look so much better. If only my big old hanging belly looked better ! It'll take time, it'll take time....
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rate-lose.html
Old 07-26-2012, 08:07 PM   #419
Senior LCF Member

Yay! Jcwannabe, sometimes its great to be reminded it doesn't matter how far we have come but that we are so much closer to our goal. I only have 43 pounds to my goal Not too shabby!

Boop, soooo close to onederland. make sure to post the second you make it there so we can celebrate with you. I've got my ready

Last edited by brewstate; 07-26-2012 at 08:09 PM..
Old 07-26-2012, 08:47 PM   #420
Major LCF Poster!

JC, I love love love it!!! You're doing so well! 56 down is amazing!!! I'm still way off from my goal, but you know 49 down, 69 to go doesn't sound all that bad! We'll get there and I can't wait to see us both at goal!