Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2012, 10:40 AM   #361
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: anna_banana
Stats: 170/140.9/120 (5'4")
WOE: Doing my own LC (currently less than 20/day)...
Start Date: July 2012
lynne2u, Monk & others - THANK YOU!! Needed to hear that kind of thing from someone. A new mantra for me today - keep calm and carry on. As Monk said listening to my body is somewhat new to me, in a way that I know when I'm hungry and when I'm not, but it just feels a bit strange not being hungry when on ketosis and not eating a huge amount of food.

And congrats to lynne2u for 179! Woohoo!

Anna
anna_banana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2012, 10:55 AM   #362
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PeacefulGuide
Stats: waist in 41/34.5/29
WOE: LC with no flax/nuts/beef
Start Date: 9/2010 restart 5/2012
Tami-it was looking at the before and after pics on different sites that convinced me on the 30ds. After 6 kids the looser skin is an issue and I saw people tighten almost impossibly after doing this. I had started c25k but hated it so badly that I quit- there was no difference in my body either. After 2 days I can already see a difference with 30ds. I suck in much better rofl!!

Lynne, I luv your descriptions!

Monk, feel better soon! Being sick really tries my resistance. I struggle hard not to use it as an excuse to eat whatever lol
PeacefulGuide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:57 PM   #363
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
Hi Guys!

I'm back after a weekend of bad eating. My body is tired of stuffing it with food ('carbage', as our lovely lynne would say).

So...hope to be back on track tomorrow so I can see 219 and beyond!
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:15 PM   #364
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
Hello, I am up to 206 today. But TOM is almost here. So I blame that. I have been eating my usual, so I don't think its the food, could also be the heat and retaining water too I suppose. All I know is I am getting frustrated, because I want so badly to be down to 196 for my birthday!
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:57 PM   #365
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeacefulGuide View Post
Tami-it was looking at the before and after pics on different sites that convinced me on the 30ds. After 6 kids the looser skin is an issue and I saw people tighten almost impossibly after doing this. I had started c25k but hated it so badly that I quit- there was no difference in my body either. After 2 days I can already see a difference with 30ds. I suck in much better rofl!!
That's awesome! Looking it up now
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:29 PM   #366
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JCWANNABE
Stats: 289/219.8/135 5'5"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 18th, 2012
Making low carb eggplant lasagna! Yummy!
JCWANNABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:14 AM   #367
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Good morning all!

Bronwyn - it's good to be back on plan, isn't it??

Boop - when is your birthday??

Tami - how goes it?

JC - that sounds amazing! I have never had eggplant!

Today I just work 1/2 day. Then the kids and I are off to TEXAS. I am so thankful that our 2 travel days are DD's. Won't be hard to stick with it while driving. Then Sunday DH will drive back and I will read all day long...can't wait! Friday's DD will be tough, but I am bumping the calories so it is managable! Tomorrow we will be at Six Flags. WE are packing a cooler so the food will be whatever we take. Saturday is the 100 year olds birthday party. I won't be tempted by the cake as it will be Gluten. So really my only "worry" day is Friday. I'm sure I will manage ok! Then next week, right back on weight loss DD levels!

Yesterday's up day ended up a bit higher than planned...I guess I started VACATION early!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ourney-69.html
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:19 AM   #368
Major LCF Poster!

Doing well here. Thanks for asking Monica Scale was teetering between 229 & 230. Happy it's wasn't going over 230 (hate when it goes back over a 'decade' landmark!) but no 228 for me yet. No real complaints after the amazing weekend woosh, though

Monica, sounds like you have a great trip planned! How cool to celebrate a centennial! And I love amusement parks! Have fun!!!
Old 07-18-2012, 06:23 AM   #369
Senior LCF Member

JAWANNABE - hey, that sounds really good. Can you share the recipe?

Monica - good luck with all the travelling! Just drink lots of water and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Tami - congrats for the woosh! One day I hope to experience one…

Ladies, it's so great to hear your stories of losing - it definitely keeps me going, knowing that LC works!

I've got a friend's wedding on Sunday. Sigh. I mean, I love my friend to bits (that's why I'm flying all the way to England for this wedding!) but it's in the middle of nowhere England and I think the few days that I'm there will be quite tough on my WOE. I'm going to try my best not to cheat but I don't know if that's possible with rehearsal dinner, all the champagne toasts to the bride & groom, wedding cake, etc…

We'll see. I'll take measurements on Sunday after the wedding, and see if I can find a scale in the hotel gym. Wish me luck, I'll really need it this time!

Anna
Old 07-18-2012, 06:27 AM   #370
Major LCF Poster!

Anna, good luck... can you pack a bunch of snacks and hope to make it work? Those situations are tough and sometimes we just have to roll with it and jump right back on plan the day after, but at least give yourself some options and see how it goes. Most of all enjoy your friend's special day
Old 07-18-2012, 10:39 AM   #371
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/173/120
Good morning everyone!!

I have to make this sorta brief as I'm supposed to be Working.

Zipp, have a great trip, sounds like so much fun and what a great thing to celebrate!

Bronwyn, welcome back. We've missed you!

Monk, thank you, and I wonder if the dust/mold from and old house and moving stuff might have set off your respiratory symptoms? Hope they clear up soon.

Peaceful, I might have to try the shred if it really does tighten things up so well. Much as it pains me to think of.

Anna, what fun!! Middle of nowhere England sounds fabulous.

As to your dilemma, I'll offer this thought: it's not all or nothing, either your passing or failing, you're cheating or you're dieting perfectly. Rather, it's a series of choices, some better or more recoverable than others. There is always a better choice and a worse choice, and every time you make the better choice is a victory. Three bites of cake instead of three slices, for example, is a solid win.

You don't have to make every choice perfectly to claim a win; no matter what, you're having a learning experience that will help you make a better choice next time!

Hope this helps some.

Lynne

P.S. 182 this morning. I swear, one of these days I'm going to learn to stay off the scale after an UD.

500/2000 until the end of the challenge with NO TWEAKS.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:22 AM   #372
Senior LCF Member

Day 3 of 30DS down! Yesterday the pain was so bad- I've never hurt so much from working out. Seriously, start this on a weekend bc I was on the couch/Epsom bath/Tylenol and I'm no pain wuss. Today I feel a million times better. I did so good in the workout that I'm amazed what 2 days can do. I would have said it was impossible before this...wow just wow.

Diet wise I was a little carb high yesterday but doing good so far today.

Anna, the wedding sounds like fun tho! You can eat allowed snacks in your room before you head to the events. Then you can nibble here and there fairly safely. Dance with some cuties with accents and tell us all about it when you get back

Last edited by PeacefulGuide; 07-18-2012 at 12:10 PM.. Reason: added more
Old 07-18-2012, 05:54 PM   #373
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks guys - it's good to be home!

At 224 this morning but right back on JUDDD and I feel much better. We'll see what the scale says tomorrow.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:39 PM   #374
Senior LCF Member

Lynne & Tami - thanks for your advice. I'm packing some cheese crisps (homemade) and some pepperoni sticks for the flight, will probably buy some yoghurt past the airport security. But I don't know if I have time to get to a grocery store before the whole thing begins with rehearsal dinner on Sat night.

But as you say, it's not all or nothing, there's got to be something that I can pick at, I don't think the entire 1.5 days will be filled with just pasta, rice and potatoes. I CAN DO THIS!

Will report back once that's all done and dusted... I'm stalling now so I'm hoping that I continue to stall rather than gaining. Or if the weight loss fairy visits me I won't complain!

Anna
Old 07-19-2012, 03:46 AM   #375
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning!

Back at 222.0 this morning, down 2 lbs of water! Hopefully this will motivate me to keep going. Maybe I need a graph to visually see my results??

Have a great day!
Old 07-19-2012, 07:39 AM   #376
Major LCF Poster!

Lynne, hang in there. I know you know it's working and the scale is just being a brat

Peaceful, ouch ouch ouch! lol I am impressed though! Keep up the great work!

Anna, sounds like you have a workable plan in place and will be fine

Bron, Definitely moving the right direction! ****** has a weight loss & goal graph as part of their free program. I'm totally addicted to the goal graph and love to watch it change!
Old 07-19-2012, 07:43 AM   #377
Senior LCF Member

Zip, my bday is August 13, so I have just under a month to do this!
Good news is I am at 205 today! During TOM no less! So I am regaining hope that it can be done! This is the first time the scale has moved down in almost a week and a half! And today is my friday, we are going up North tomorrow morning to stay at a friends cottage near Algonquin for a  tournament that the hubby is in, probably will have a few drinks around the fire (bought Miller 64 fairly low carb for a beer) and packing nuts and meat and cheese to snack on... Hoping to stay mostly on track!

End of the World challenge 191.8/179.4/174

Getting Angry for Autumn Challenge 211.4/192.4/191.8
Old 07-19-2012, 08:39 AM   #378
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/225.7/169
Start Date: 06/22/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by boop13 View Post
Zip, my bday is August 13, so I have just under a month to do this!
Good news is I am at 205 today! During TOM no less! So I am regaining hope that it can be done! This is the first time the scale has moved down in almost a week and a half! And today is my friday, we are going up North tomorrow morning to stay at a friends cottage near Algonquin for a  tournament that the hubby is in, probably will have a few drinks around the fire (bought Miller 64 fairly low carb for a beer) and packing nuts and meat and cheese to snack on... Hoping to stay mostly on track!
Just wanted to mention Miller 64 is like, my favorite thing. Lol. My bf brought it home by accident, he was supposed to bring me Bud Select 55, and I was furious because I thought it wasn't low carb. Now, I'm hooked, and the store was out of 64 so he got me some Select 55 and I couldn't drink it It was terrible.

Yes people, beer is my undoing this summer, thus I'm not around Lol. I'm trying to get it together still.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:57 AM   #379
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Monk
Stats: 224/221/145
WOE: Low Carb! <3
Start Date: (orig '06-264*'08-150) 02/18/13
Good morning all! Hanging in over here.. Scale is up to 212 this morning and I am not happy about it! this whole week has been a rollercoaster. I have been very stressed out and am wandering if that is giving me a gain? I hope to see it go back down soon..

Misscobi-I know how you feel.. sometimes the word family is a joke! then sometimes (most times) it is a blessing! It is their loss, and your family as well as mine is better off with those who truly love them!

Boop - Hang in there with those positive vibes and you will hit the goal in no time!

Bron-Keep on keeping on! It will be worth it!

Mswoods-I have yet to try either of those.. so far I have only had beer once this summer since starting back and it was bud light.. and it was so worth it!

Anna-I agree, just make the best choices possible.. and dance the night away!

Peaceful-Keep up the good work!

Lynne-I am not sure, it is really getting to me though.. voice is scratchy, coughing, ugh!

zipp-Thank you for the warm thoughts

Wannabe-I have not made that in soooo long! But I loved it!

♥ STATS ♥
2/18/13 - 224 (reinduct)
Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:48 AM   #380
Senior LCF Member

Sometimes the inner work is so much harder. Food is just another addiction/escape from pain/stress. If I'm not working on the underlying cause I'm doomed to rebound and sabotage myself. This is my lifetime committment to health of my mind and body.

Day 4: the radioactive spider bite from yesterday wore off and the monkey jumped on my back! But I did it. It wasn't pretty. It wasn't painful either though. Onward and downward! You ladies help me walk my talk. (hugs)
Old 07-20-2012, 10:22 AM   #381
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/173/120
Quote:
Sometimes the inner work is so much harder. Food is just another addiction/escape from pain/stress. If I'm not working on the underlying cause I'm doomed to rebound and sabotage myself.
So true.

In other news...it's a rainy day on the coast today. And a DD, which are still easy peasy, thanks to Brewstate alerting me to the fact that vegetables fill you up and have very little calories.

I have not been drinking enough water, due to the fact that I got burned out on sparkling water. Have switched to making iced herbal tea.

Hope everyone's doing good! Hang in there, MsWoods, look how far you've come already!!

Lynne
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:57 AM   #382
Senior LCF Member

I won't be checking in over the weekend as I rarely have reception up here... But was down to 204 on the dot today! Not sure if u all think I'm crazy, but I'm having a hard time realizing I'm without a scale for 4 days! Lol. I weigh multiple times a day usually! I suppose this may be good for me. But it has me a tad anxious! Hope you all have a great weekend!
Old 07-21-2012, 07:28 AM   #383
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
WTG Boop that's impressive! Onderland soon

Lynne, I'm glad the veggie trick is working for you. Its wonderful to eat a huge amount of veggies at least every other day. Makes me feel so healthy.

Happy Saturday to everyone I missed. I'm a couple pages behind so I'll have to catch up on some reading.

We've been helping a friend move (why is it always in the dead of summer?) and I'm majorly dehydrated and haven't been eating as much as I should plus lots of exercise but the scale is still being nice to me. Woot! Weighed in at 174 this morning and since today is a DD, I hope to see a 3 in my future tomorrow. Yay Low Carb and Yay JUDDD!!
Old 07-21-2012, 08:11 AM   #384
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Monk
Stats: 224/221/145
WOE: Low Carb! <3
Start Date: (orig '06-264*'08-150) 02/18/13
Quote:
Sometimes the inner work is so much harder. Food is just another addiction/escape from pain/stress. If I'm not working on the underlying cause I'm doomed to rebound and sabotage myself. This is my lifetime committment to health of my mind and body.

Day 4: the radioactive spider bite from yesterday wore off and the monkey jumped on my back! But I did it. It wasn't pretty. It wasn't painful either though. Onward and downward! You ladies help me walk my talk. (hugs)
Very very true! Hang in there, you are doing great!
Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:52 AM   #385
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monk View Post
Misscobi-I know how you feel.. sometimes the word family is a joke! then sometimes (most times) it is a blessing! It is their loss, and your family as well as mine is better off with those who truly love them!
Exactly! It's tough to just cut those ties and stop expecting them to act like 'real' family, but it's so much less stressful on everyone.

Quote:
So well said! More than any other time I am truly seeing that this is for a lifetime. period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
I have not been drinking enough water, due to the fact that I got burned out on sparkling water. Have switched to making iced herbal tea.
Love the new profile pic!!! I've been struggling with water since getting back from my little vacation last week. Headed out of town for 5 days next weekend, too. Water water water... tipping my tumbler to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by boop13 View Post
But was down to 204 on the dot today! Not sure if u
WooHoo! 5 pounds to onederland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstate View Post
Weighed in at 174 this morning and since today is a DD, I hope to see a 3 in my future tomorrow. Yay Low Carb and Yay JUDDD!!
Omg. Look at you go! So happy for you!!! Congrats on the new low!!!

So so happy for all of us! Whether stalled, struggling, or dropping weight like a mad man... we're all hanging in there and we're all so much smaller than we were when we started this challenge, especially the summer challenge! Missing a few people from summer, but hope they're doing well! Uncle Tom arrived early today . That explains the 3-4 pound gain yesterday. Thankfully most of that was gone this morning, but I'm still sitting 2 pounds away from that coveted 50 pound mark. Hopefully Uncle Tom can make that happen as he heads out in a few days!
Old 07-22-2012, 06:36 AM   #386
Major LCF Poster!

My scale is simply NOT NICE! First step on this morning was teetering around 228/229 - really looked like 228, almost did a celebratory dance in the bathroom. Decided to step on again to make sure it was 228. yeah. 230? wth? Couldn't get it to read much under 230 again. lame. lame. lame. It better be nice tomorrow.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:30 PM   #387
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JCWANNABE
Stats: 289/219.8/135 5'5"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 18th, 2012
This thread moves so fast I can't keep up!

Quick update:

7-1: 248.0
7-2: 248.4
7-3: 246.6
7-4: 245.0
7-5: 247.0
7-6: 246.6
7-7: 247.6
7-8: 246.2
7-9: 246.0
7-10: 242.2
7-11: 241.0
7-12: 241.4 After the past two days of weight loss, I am so ok with 241.4!
7-13: 239.6
7-14: 239.6 I'm just glad I did not gain!
7-15: 240.6 (This was after a BIG cup of coffee!)
7-16: 239.4
7-17: 238.4
7-18: 238.4
7-19: 238.4
7-20: 236.8
7-21: 235.4
7-22: 235.0

Ok, guilty admission time .

I was totally expecting a gain after last night! I had a bacon cheeseburger and fries and a big spoon full of ice cream last night for dinner .

I decided to have a no guilt off meal going out to dinner with the fam. I thought that maybe if I did not OD on sugar that it would not make me sick. Well, I skipped the dessert at the restaurant but gave into a big spoon full of ice cream when when I got home. Did not even taste real good .

Any way, after eating it I just wanted to go strait to bed! Why do I always forget how awful carbs make me feel? I was a good girl and entered my bad girl food online and I ended up with 95 carbs for the day!!!!!

And, even though I did not OD on sugar I woke up in the middle of the night and threw up . Maybe that's why I did not gain weight today!
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rate-lose.html

JCWANNABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:08 PM   #388
Senior LCF Member

Lynne, you look like a different woman...I had to check the name of the "new" person lol

Tami-your scale is fired (hugs)

JC-goddess you are simply melting. Yep, if your gonna go off plan you gotta enjoy the heck out of it.

Michelle-your whey not cake is a lifesaver for me btw! And I'll be having a yummy beer to celebrate my summer class ending Wed! Whoop!

I'm doing well just finished first week of 30DS! So awesome! I was a little carb-high yesterday so I'm being careful today since my weekly measurements are tomorrow *fingers crossed*
Old 07-23-2012, 05:37 AM   #389
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
Good morning all! I hope everyone had a great weekend!

JC - we all need our splurges.

Peace - way to go on the shred! I am going to start adding weight training in tomorrow. I'll join you girl!

Tami - that stinks girl. The SCALE is a cheat and a LIAR!

I am back from our trip to TX. It was really fun. My 2 dd's were not so great. Yesterday's was pretty good, Friday was not good at all! OH WELL. I am having an up day today and tomorrow will be a spot on DD! WE had a blast in Texas. Stinks to be home, I almost shot the alarm clock this morning. 4:45 is just too early to be up right!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:38 AM   #390
Major LCF Poster!

JC, great job entering your bad girl food & getting right back to business this morning! Sorry your cheat made you puke though. No fun.

Peace... still so impressed!!! Congrats on week 1!

Monica, so glad you had a great trip! 4:45? yuck...

Still hating my scale. lol Did lots of walking, probably not enough water, and it's still TOM so no scale movement today.