Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2012, 04:29 AM   #331
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
Good Morning all! So it took all week, but I have found my low again, 205.8. Hoping to chug the water today and keep it moving downward!
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2012, 12:27 PM   #332
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PeacefulGuide
Stats: waist in 41/34.5/29
WOE: LC with no flax/nuts/beef
Start Date: 9/2010 restart 5/2012
Whoop! Go Boop!

Lol Anna -I do the same thing but online

I feel like such a slacker compared to you gals. I'm just low carb and have no idea about my cals. I know that I need to jump on the elliptical/bowflex this week. That's my goal exercise 3x this week.
PeacefulGuide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:48 PM   #333
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Been gone for a week and trying to catch up here.

I did NOT gain a thing my entire trip!!!!! I'm pretty damn proud of myself. Yes, I ate a few things that weren't lc and I even endulged in a few beers, but I refused to go off on a binger and let go of everything.

Did a hike up the side of a mountain. 650 vertical feet up. Thought I was gonna die on the first switchback, but I didn't. I refused to give up. What a feeling of accomplishment!!!!! It had literally been over a year since I had even worked out, and I did this. Definitely have been inspired to begin exercise again!!

My hiney was parked at the bottom of this M!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:28 PM   #334
Senior LCF Member

Nice

Has anyone done the 30 day shred or is anyone interested in doing it? I'm hesitating but thinking I might do the YouTube level 1 video and see what I think. I've looked at various websites with huge threads of before and afters and they are mind blowing.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:18 PM   #335
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: anna_banana
Stats: 170/140.9/120 (5'4")
WOE: Doing my own LC (currently less than 20/day)...
Start Date: July 2012
Hello! Hope everyone's having a good weekend!!

Update from me - I've gained 1 pound after my full day of fun. But you know what, I've had so much fun that it nearly doesn't matter - the Blue Jays won 11-9 (such an exciting game!) , amazingly sunny and hot day, resisted Japanese ramen (had broth & chicken cutlet instead) and had wings for dinner. Oh, and it was wonderful to hangout with friends.

Overall not too bad, could have been soooo much worse and I realized that eating at home is so much easier. I've got a friend's wedding this coming weekend so that'll be another hurdle for me - but let's deal with it as it comes, huh?

But, I have lost an inch around my bum and another half an inch around my thighs - in one week. Yay! I'm beginning to realize that I have to celebrate even the smallest losses otherwise things get too depressing, too fast.

Hope you're doing well and the weight loss fairy's been busy!!

Anna
anna_banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:50 PM   #336
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
Peaceful, I have heard great things about it, but I haven't tried it, I do much better in a group setting like classes at the gym... Otherwise I tend to cut my workouts short. Lol. But let me know if you try it how it goes!!
Well I am still holding steady at 205.8. No gain so that is good. But no loss this week either. Hoping to see a loss this week!
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:32 AM   #337
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Danielle - that is an awesome picture. Love it. Way to go on your trip. I hope my trip goes the same with NO GAIN!

Boop - way to go!!!!

Peaceful - sounds like a great goal girl! Are you talking the Jillian Michel DVD???

Anna - that pound will be GONE SOON! I just know it. Live life, that's what I say!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:34 AM   #338
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Good morning, shrinking people! Yesterday we build our boys a play fort and it was HOT! Had a pretty good day, went a bit over calories but I blame that on all the heavy lifting. This morning I was rewarded with 175 so yay!

I hope everyone else's scale is as kind to them as mine was this morning.

Last edited by brewstate; 07-16-2012 at 06:26 AM..
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:36 AM   #339

I was going to make zucc brownies this weekend, but our grocery store didn't have any ZUCC, what the heck???? Saturday was a great DD, I was actually surprised. I basically fasted till 6:00 p.m. I was in Chicago attending a memorial service for wok friend's daughter. Everything at The Italian restaurant was full of gluten. I was honestly scared to eat at all (I'm Celiac). Made it really easy. I sipped on diet coke (which is NOT my fave) instead. Ate my nuts and protein bar at the airport and got home at 10:15 p.m. It was a long day as I woke at 4:45 a.m.

Yesterday was great. We went to church, then did shopping (I bought a new pair of shorts, size 8!!! must be the biggest 8's ever made ) , then grocery shopping. We ended up with a late lunch at 3:00 of ribs, salad and peaches. Then at 6:30 we all had strawberry poke cake. YUM! After lunch we cleaned both cars, inside and out. SHOCKING how nice they CAN look!

Short week for me. The kids and I leave at Noon on Wednesday for Texas (Dallas area). Visiting friends, going to a 100 year old birthday party on Saturday, going to Six Flags, should be really fun and exhausting. DH is flying out on Friday night. WE will all drive back together Sunday leaving mid morning!

Today is a DD, which means, both travel days are DD's, which is perfect. The one day I am worried about is Friday and my goal will be maintenance level DD...at like 800 - 1000 calories!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-24.html

Last edited by zipp2play; 07-16-2012 at 05:45 AM..
Old 07-16-2012, 06:37 AM   #340
Senior LCF Member

Zipp, wowza on the 8! That is a milestone size! Sounds like you are doing great.

Did Jillian Michaels 30 day shred off YouTube this morning and it kicked my butt. I haven't sucked wind like that since I had a personal trainer years ago. After 3/4 of the way I was ready to throw up thanks to my sips of coffee b4 hand. Feel proud of myself for starting this though. My yoga pants kept falling off during jumping jacks lol

Measurements today
32 3/4 under bust
32.5 waist
37 hips

So that makes this week total
-1/4
-2 yippee
Old 07-16-2012, 08:09 AM   #341

Peaceful way to go! I will join you next week. Starting Monday I will strength train again!
Old 07-16-2012, 08:18 AM   #342
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Eeek! I've missed you guys!!!! Went to Carmel for a dog show Th-Sun. Exhausting, but apparently great for weight loss!!!! Down to 229 this morning! I've decided the woosh fairy lives in Carmel and I simply must visit her more often! Other than tons of strenuous activity I didn't do any artificial sweeteners... didn't need my Mio because I was drinking bottled water all weekend instead of our tap water... makes me wonder... but for now I'll just be happy to have broken the 230 barrier and hope to stay under it!

Happy Monday All! Will be back later to try to catch up...after catching up on housework, laundry, etc. ugh.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:36 AM   #343

TAMI - so happy for you. Carmel, CA, My parents were just there and said it is the most beautiful city they have ever been to. Coming from MO, that might not be saying much!
Old 07-16-2012, 10:07 AM   #344
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Monica! It is really beautiful. I was fortunate to grow up not too far from there. The chilly fog was a nice break from our 100+ valley temps and I do miss living near the ocean, but it does get dreary & dismal after some time. I couldn't wait to leave the fog behind when we moved up here, but I'm not digging the heat & sun as much as I did when I was 18! lol
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:34 AM   #345

Tami - DH and I visited San Fran earlier this year. I had never been there. We took several tours and stayed on Fisherman's Wharf. We even toured Sonoma Valley. I swear if money, family, friends were not an issue, I would drop everything and move there in a heart beat. Then again, almost anything is better than KS!
Old 07-16-2012, 12:21 PM   #346
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Lots of posts!

Hi, everybody!

Brewstate, I'm glad the scale is finally moving for you again!!

Anna, you did great!! It's just sodium and sunshine, that pound will pass.

Zipp, how does a store run out of zucchini?? That's just too weird. Congrats on the size 8s!!

Peaceful, the shred sounds...strenuous. Enjoy!!

Lynne

P.S. Thank you to everyone who commented on the toxic family member problem. You are so wise, and I really needed the feedback!

I decided to email this poem, called The Journey by Mary Oliver...to let them know it wasn't personal but I have to do what I have to do.

P.S.S. I'm not weighing for a while. Still JUDDDing, which I know is working, but the scale is not being my friend right now.

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:43 PM   #347

Lynne - scales are EVIL LIARS! I think I may skip my weigh in tomorrow too! No need to PISS off my currently AWESOME mood!
Old 07-17-2012, 05:28 AM   #348

Good morning all! It's a good Tuesday here!
Old 07-17-2012, 05:48 AM   #349
Senior LCF Member

Hello everyone,

Having some frustrating days here. Am stuck at 161 (was stuck at 160 before Sunday) and nothing's budging. Gah! Is it the hot weather? Is it the calories (I'm averaging 1000-1100)? Is it the fat? I dunno anymore. All I know is that a) the scale's not moving up, so that's got to be a good thing, and b) I've got to stick with this.

Trying really, really hard to remain positive...

Hope the weight loss fairy's visiting you while she's not here!

Anna
Old 07-17-2012, 06:47 AM   #350
Senior LCF Member

Good morning!

(hugs) Anna- stick to it! Trust in your body.

30 day shred delivers its promises. I'm definitely hurting to live today lol. Second day no nausea! It is over really fast and you feel so great that it's over
Also doing a meditation challenge and loving it
Old 07-17-2012, 07:08 AM   #351

Anna - 1000 - 1100 calories is awfully low. Is that normal for you?

Peace - meditation challenge , YOU GO GIRL!
Old 07-17-2012, 07:19 AM   #352
Senior LCF Member

Hi zipp2play! You know, I'm not sure. I've never been on VLC before and I'm just not hungry since I've been on ketosis. Once I've had my meals & snacks I'm quite happy chugging water (sometimes coffee & tea but without milk/sugar/cream/anything).

I've had to add extra spoonfuls of fat (olive oil & butter) into my diet to roughly maintain the 60-70% fat, 30-35% protein and rest in carbs. So far I've always maintained less than 20g carbs. Apparently to maintain my weight I need 1700 cal.

It's been 7 days since I've been 160/161. I've been on this diet for 14 days. Which means, I really haven't been on this long enough to know what works for me and what doesn't. I would assume that I need to continue at least for another week before tweaking? It's just a bit frustrating to step on that scale, that's all. I'm not very patient!

My next measurement (as opposed to the stupid scale!) day is on Sunday. I'm hoping there's better news there.

Any advice/pat on the back/virtual hug would be VERY welcome!!

Anna
Old 07-17-2012, 08:36 AM   #353

OH if you have only been following the plan for 14 days, it's probably just normal. I would advise you tring to get your calories up a bit. 1000 daily seems low. YMMV
Old 07-17-2012, 09:34 AM   #354
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Anna, it's normal to pause after a week or two, even when you're doing everything right.

Why?

Because you've got to dance with the "office manager" - homeostasis.

The office manager inside your body and brain, as you no doubt already know, is responsible for keeping everything going that you don't want to know about, like pH and electrolytes and kidney hormones and metabolism and remembering where your hands are located at any given moment, and how fast your hair grows and how fast your liver cells should regenerate this week...etc.

You just went and upset the apple cart considerably by instituting your weight loss agenda, even though it's in your best interest...

...so your office manager called a temporary halt to the proceedings, because she's the boss. We're happy she's the boss, because who else wants that job, seriously?...but she's got to figure out what's happening and how to keep everything running under the new agenda, and like any bureaucrat , it takes her a good minute to get her work done.

If you remember that we can't tell the office manager what to do, you'll be much less frustrated.

We can request, we can wheedle, cajole, tease, beg, facilitate, flatter, and make everything as easy as possible so that we can have our way in her "office"...but we don't get to give the orders.

We all forget this and get mad at the scale, myself included.

Lynne

P.S. 179 today. I said I wasn't going to do this scale thing to myself, didn't I? Just yesterday? Anyway, yesterday's DD was a solid win. Moving on.

Last edited by lynne2u; 07-17-2012 at 09:37 AM.. Reason: grammer n spelin
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:41 AM   #355
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Monk
Stats: 224/221/145
WOE: Low Carb! <3
Start Date: (orig '06-264*'08-150) 02/18/13
Hello all! have been MIA, packing my 72 yo grandmother's house for her to move from a somewhat dangerous neighborhood, to a house closer to me.. and in a much better neighborhood, still feeling sick, as if it came back.. phlem and all! but I am downing the vitamin C and tussin, hoping for a better day! I have bounced from 210-211.. only saw 209 once, had a feeling it would not last! I am also PMS-y and have been snacking a lot! and added SF chocolates, that I have since discarded!

Lynn-I know all about toxic family! trust me.. I have always longed for this perfect "normal" family, with the white pickett fence, family dinners etc. but as an only child, with parents who were HS sweethearts, but divorced within 2 years, I have had a step mom and step family from age 5, and my mom has struggled with addiction from one form to another my entire life, I got to the point where I had to make the decision that you know what.. My kids and me ARE my family, and I have to do what is best for US!! I would still always make every effort to stay involved in my dad and step family's lives.. attend all the birthday's and holiday gatherings.. but something happened when I hit 30, like a lightbulb.. plus the fact that.. in the last say 3 years (I have 3 kids) and 9 birthdays total.. they have only attended ONE birthday party of my kids.. I got mad, and said you know what.. I am done.. I am here to live for my kids and nothing else! I have a boyfriend now of 5 years and he loves my kids and raises them as his own, his family who did not even know my kids when we first met has always came to their birthdays.. christmas, all that! I know this is a long drawn out post.. but this is a passionate subject of mine.. I have taught my kids, family is who you love, who you care for and who cares for you.. blood lines are just that.. it is the people that are there for you through everything that matter, and that are called family! Also, when I lost all my weight before and was about 150.. so happy and proud of myself.. I was told by my family that, I was too skinny, I better not lose anymore, I was nicer when I was fat ( a heated argument with my mom), I was selfish now that I was skinny and that I only cared about myself.. So yeah, I get the toxic thing.. there just has to come a point, when you say F it, I do not care what anyone thinks, I know I am doing the right thing.. I am not hurting anyone and I am taking care of my one and only.. My son!

Anna- You have to stop stressing When on LC, in the beginning you drop fast, water weight and a huge change to your diet.. Then your body balances out and says ok, this is what we are eating now.. Not that the weight loss will stop, but your body maintains itself for a while.. It has been said that while your body is preparing to release those fat cells, they fill up with water and your body holds on to them for a short time and then releases them.. So, do not feel that you are going to see a loss everyday, or even every week.. last week I dropped 4lbs, this week so far zero. the most important thing is that you have to learn to listen to your body. Some people already do this, me being overweight all of my life and eating based on cravings and impulses, this was/is an entirely new concept! My first LC round, I was only concerned with losing weight and I did 110lbs of it BUT I never learned to listened to MY body.. I stayed on induction and listened to others thoughts and advise, and while a great tool and support, everyone else is not me or you. So since I did not learn about myself and what I needed.. I slowly went off plan and gained back 80lbs.

So I say..
*If you are hungry - eat
*If you are not hungry - Do not eat
*Drink at least 80-100oz of water a day
*If you are feeling unsatisfied after a meal - eat some fat
*Eat foods that you like, don't force yourself to eat a certain food that you hate.
*Anytime you eat out, expect a gain, even if just from sodium. Only time you 100% know what you are eating is when you prepare it yourself.
*Most importantly listen to your body!

♥ STATS ♥
7/27/2014 - (reinduct)
Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:45 AM   #356
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning ladies!

Anna, totally normal to not lose anything the second & even third weeks. No worries, just stick to it and you'll see the pounds drop again soon. Being that you're already fairly small your weight loss will likely be slower than some of us bigger gals, but it will drop

Peaceful, I'm so impressed that you're doing the 30 day shred. I'm always in awe of those of you who do heavy workouts... heck any workouts! lol

Lynne, I'm so sorry you're having family issues. I haven't gone back and read the posts I missed, but man the stress is such a killer. Hang in there...

Monica, you're always so cheery & helpful. Hope you're having a wonderful morning!

I really really really wanted the scale to move one more pound to put me at the 50lb mark, but it wasn't to be this morning... maybe later in the week
Old 07-17-2012, 09:46 AM   #357
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
P.S. 179 today. I said I wasn't going to do this scale thing to myself, didn't I? Just yesterday? Anyway, yesterday's DD was a solid win. Moving on.
Love it, Lynne! Congrats on breaking that 180 barrier!!!
Old 07-17-2012, 09:54 AM   #358
Major LCF Poster!

Monk, we had to do the same and just quit worrying ourselves over my husband's family. They're only a few hours from here and if they can't make an effort to see their grand kids, so be it. They were somewhat active until the kids were about 5? At 3 & 5 we let the boys go spend a week with them. All went well until my (step) MIL threatened to leave my then 3 year old on the side of the freeway, which scared him to death. He didn't know her well enough to know whether she would really do it or not. Hubby had some words with his dad & step mom and they've pretty much avoided us since. Oh-well. My boys are amazing and they're the ones who are missing out. DH's real mom abandoned him and he didn't see her from the time he was 8 until 24 or so? She was visiting about 8 hours away and called out of the blue and asked if we would come see them. We killed ourselves as a young couple with a toddler & one on the way, spent every last dime getting down there to see her. It was a total joke. No presents for her grandbaby that she'd never seen. No real interest at all. However she did want us to take her 16 year old son home with us because he wasn't getting along with his step-dad. We did do that, btw. He is my husband's half brother and that's the way we treat family. Of course a 16 year old was bored stiff hanging out with a busy young family who's lives revolved arund diapers & nap time <gg> and he left after a couple of weeks and we haven't seen them since. Lame.

Last edited by misscobi; 07-17-2012 at 10:54 AM..
Old 07-17-2012, 10:34 AM   #359

Lynne - your logic makes so much sense!
Old 07-17-2012, 10:37 AM   #360

Monk - I am so sorry you are feeling cruddy! Feel better soon!

Tami - AWWW thank you so much! You will reach that 50 mark, this week, I Just know it!