Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2012, 09:45 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nk0525
Stats: 279/ 278 / 185-200
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart 1/3/13
New Start.

This is my first post. I had done Atkins years ago and lost 35 lbs. Then fell off the wagon, down the ravine and disappeared. Now, I am getting back at it.

I started on Wednesday last week, and have lost just over 6 lbs. My goal is to get down to 175 or so. By the end of summer, I am hoping to get down to 240. That will be about 35 lbs from start weight.

Eating lots of veggies, lots of meat. Was trying to snack on other things to keep me going, like popcorn until I read through a post on here that it is higher in carbs than I thought. So, now just snacking on nuts. Almonds and pistachios mostly. Trying to watch serving sizes. Been trying ot have a big salad with every meal.

I haven't specifically been counting carbs, but trying to keep them as low as I can. I don't want to crash like I did the last time I did this, but I am starting to feel better so far.

Nathan
nk0525 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2012, 11:38 AM   #2
Deb
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb
Deb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:44 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nk0525
Stats: 279/ 278 / 185-200
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart 1/3/13
So, thinking I didn't eat enough yesterday? My weight didn't really change, and this is only the first week. I don't know if that makes sense. Last time I did Atkins, if I didn't eat enough carbs during the day, I would usually not lose.

As it was once put to me, this is the easy weight to lose. 6 lbs couldn't have been my easy weight. I did a ton of yard work the other day and only lost just over a lb. I am happy with the lb, but wish it had been more!

I am trying not to eat too close to bed time. Even stayed up later than I wanted last night so I would have 2 hours after I got to eat dinner before bed.

Well, that is my ramblings for the morning. A bit disappointed, but not giving up.

We have a trip in just over 2 weeks. I am challenging myself to lose 10 lbs in that two weeks.

Nathan
nk0525 is offline   Reply With Quote