Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 01:46 PM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Lil Donna
Stats: 165.2 (highest) 150.2 (11/30/13)
WOE: LC
Start Date: Low carb started again on 11/14/13
12 Week Weight Loss Challenge~~ May 1st- August 1st

This challenge can be whatever you want it to be! Low carb, HCG, JUDDD, etc....

This will be just somewhere to come and support each other during the next 4 months.

For myself, I just signed up with 5 other people (husband and neighbors) for a city-wide weight loss team challenge. Being that these people are my neighbors there are some things I just don't want to discuss with them. So here I am.

I am considering doing 21 days of HHCG and then phase 3 which is low carb for a few weeks. While on HHCG, I will walk daily about 30 minutes. Once on low carb, I will discover Jillian Michaels Shred it in 30 days, once again (Last time I only lasted 4 days) and then once that is done, I'd like to try Couch to 5k. Last time I made it through the whole program and ran a 5k but then injured my knee.
I may look into finding a 5k for late July/early August to end this challenge on a really high note.

So that is my plan.... what is yours?
Lil Donna is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2012, 01:50 PM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

It is really only 84 days or another way to look at it is 2,016 hours or 120,960 seconds.... Now who cannot diet for 120,960 seconds?
Old 04-30-2012, 07:35 PM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Alright I had to go and get weighed in. WOWSA!!! I was 10 pounds heavier with clothes and shoes on at night.

We went out for a 2 mile walk tonight. It's a start!
Old 04-30-2012, 08:26 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kare30bear
Stats: 5' 3": 201(16/17)/137.4(5/6)/120(?)
WOE: LC/JUDDD (6/20/12)
Start Date: LC 3/7/11; restarted LC 4/30/12; JUDDD 6/20/12
Hope you don't mind if I join in...I need a challenge!

I actually started today (as far as eating goes). I am doing low carb, starting back into induction these next 2 weeks and then determine whether I should continue in induction for a few more weeks or move to phase 2.

Weighed in at 163.4 this morning, TOM arrived this afternoon and threw me off my exercise I had planned to do. (Too fatigued )

Measurements:
Arms: 12.5"
Thighs: 23.5"
Waist: 39"
Chest: 37"
Hips: 43.25

I like to measure monthly bc I am just a freak like that.

Gotta start somewhere Lil Donna...you did more exercise in your first day than I've done so far this year. Good job!!

How often do you weigh in? I usually do weekly on Mondays, but sometimes I peak bc of curiosity.
kare30bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Karen!

I was hoping I would see someone on here with me when I checked in today.

I love that you took measurements. It really helps. Thats something I should do.

Being on HHCG you are suppose to weigh every day so that you are making sure you are either maintaining or losing.

I went on a field trip today to a nature center so I got at least a mile in.

Weigh in this morning: 154.0

My goal is to get to 130 in the next 12 weeks. I really hope to get there before then and just maintain.

Gotta run.... c u soon!
Old 05-01-2012, 01:08 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nspeedracer
Stats: 149/137.4/115 5'3''0
Count me in! Day 1 restarting Atkins/Low carb....
My goal is the 3 months, cause if I concentrate too hard on numbers I get discouraged.
And to only weigh myself once a week
Light to moderate exercise, pilates, dance, fun stuff 5x per week depending on my health (i have chronic daily headache and fibromyalgia)...
Starting weight 152
Now, does anyone have a time machine?
Natalie
nspeedracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:09 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Donna! Speedracer!!

Was down a pound this morning, not shabby considering TOM is on the prowl. I am 15g total for the day. Ate a lot of eggs today.

No exercise, unless you count all the housecleaning I did....I deep cleaned all 3 of my bathrooms (PAIN in the rear ) and got a lot of laundry done.

Was craving something sweet SO bad, but I grabbed a Diet Root Beer instead of a no no item.

I feel like time is moving VERY slow....
Old 05-02-2012, 09:29 AM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

:welcome Natalie!!!
Do what you have to do to get this weight off once and for all. Thanks for joining us!

It seems like we are all in the same weight range.

Down to 153.2 today from 154.0 yesterday so really happy the scale is going down instead of up.

Karen~ I am having a housecleaning day today too. Bathrooms and laundry!
FUN FUN FUN!!! I can barely stand it but it keeps me out of the kitchen.

We only have 11 1/2 weeks left!!! Time is flying by. Wow can't even believe I am dieting. This is soooo easy. LOL

Have a good day ladies. Hope we can all get a little bit of exercise in today.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:01 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Oh, housecleaning is exercise for sure!
Im sore from working out yesterday... which is good cause it tells me that routine is worth while...
Day 2 is going fine so far, managed to NOT weigh myself
I hope everyone has an easy day today...
Anyone have suggestions for breakfast food that isnt eggs and bacon or sausage? Ive tried quite a few muffin recipes and they arent that great... I have one coconut flour one to try... we will see...
Old 05-02-2012, 06:58 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Good job girls!

I hate Wednesdays...it is the most stressful day of my week bc DH is gone ALL day (work then school) so managing 3 kids, while cooking dinner, cleaning, etc...no fun!

Anyhow, I was down another pound this morning 161.4, but I feel SO munchie today. I've managed not to be bad, but I may come close to my 20g daily intake today.

Speaking of breakfast...I know DH gets bored of the usual eggs, bacon sausage so I made him and I a Griddle Cake Sandwich from Linda Sue's site...YUM!! It's listed under her pork main dish category and 5g for the whole sandwich.

Think I am going to attempt making the oopsie donuts again this weekend from lighterside blog. They were really good, but I made a double batch and wanted to see if I could stretch the servings out a wee bit.

Oh, I've decided not to weigh in every morning, it's too stressful for me, so I will start weighing every Monday morning now.

Gotta finish dinner...running behind tonight (usual for a Wed night). LC chicken parm and bacon and mushroom green beans..I'm STARVING!
Old 05-02-2012, 08:37 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Ive tried to make those oopsie rolls and i cant make anything even edible! its just runny froth that dries out and is paper thin garbage every time.. i whip the whites till stiff and gently fold in the yolk, i have no idea what im doing wrong... but if i could master those, i bet sausage mcmuffin with egg would be awesome...not to mention donuts...
Old 05-03-2012, 08:33 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

I know I had trouble with the Oopsies the first time I made them, then I bought 2 of those muffin top pans and beat the crap out of those egg whites (probably too much) but it works for me when I do that.

For the egg muffin sandwich I used pork rinds and eggs...it's pretty simple and you can't tell that they are pork rinds at all.

Feeling pretty good this morning. Resisted weighing, stilling holding out till Monday. I felt lighter this morning, if that makes any sense.

Bad idea eating 3 pieces of SF candies yesterday, my tummy didn't agree with them. I will think twice before doing that again.

Getting ready to hit up the grocery store for some produce. I love when I am all stocked up and ready for the week.

Hope everyone is staying strong and doing well.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:20 AM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!

Hello Ladies!

Sounds like you are both doing low carb. I'm sure you both know about Linda Sues recipes. I love the Mock Mashed Potatoes and the Cream of Cauliflower Soup best. All of her recipes are very good.

If you are looking for something for breakfast and something sweet, I always liked this: (I have no idea what it is called) 2 oz cream cheese (soften 15 seconds), add 1 packet Splenda, 1 egg, a few drops of vanilla and stir together. Microwave 45 seconds and stir. If too runny, nuke a little longer. This really helped me especially on busy mornings.

I am on Day 3 of HHCG and getting ready for a lunch of taco meat, lettuce and apple. Down to 152.8. Not much but I will take it. Didn't get much exercise in yesterday but got a lot of housework and organizing done. Had our end of year Girl Scout party so now that is all done! Whew! Today is our last day of dance and then I need to work with DD9 to get her room ready for her bday sleepover tomorrow. Oh yeah and I have to get ready for the party too! Sooo much going on right now. I can't wait for school to be over!

Do either of you have kids in school? When do they get out? Mine get out this month on the 24th.

I just counted out my days and I will be done with a short round of HHCG by 5/23 so that means I can start low carbing as soon as they get out of school which will be great timing.

Hope everyone is still doing great and sorry about the Oopsies! I made them once and decided I'd rather go with a low carb wrap than go through all the trouble. Yep I'm kinda lazy that way.

Those SF candies get me every single time!

Alright off to eat!!! Talk to you all soon!! Donna
Old 05-03-2012, 01:11 PM   #14
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jamixpress
Stats: 210/198/160
WOE: Low Carbs
Start Date: 02/15/12
Hi, I would like to join the group. I am also doing low carb. I did lose about 25lbs before finding this board, and love the support and new ideas, as well as new friends. My name is Jamie, I am a young 48.

I am not sure if we are suppose to give our menus here, to fess up to what we have been eating, as well as see some cool ideas of what others are eating. Plus discuss ways to get rid of those food demons.

I am also curious about the HCG diet. I had a co-worker doing it, but it was 500 calories, and she did it for a few days and quit. I thought I could stick to a low carb diet, and have done it many years ago.

I should be approx 188 lbs by now, will weigh on Friday. I started in Feb, but didnt lose as much as the first time. I heard the second time around is slower. I went from a size 18, to a 14, but some are still tight.

I look forward to this challenge-Let the games begin.
Jamixpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:06 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Day 4 of Induction, its going pretty well so far, I did look at the scale and im down to 148... so my 4 pounds of water weight is officially gone and I must be in ketosis, so let the real fat loss begin
good luck everyone, and May the 4th be with you!
Old 05-04-2012, 02:02 PM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: takin.it.off
Stats: 205/187/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 4th, 2012
Hi everyone!! Happy Friday.

I too am back on induction, Day 1 for me..

Back in the fall of 2011, I was doin low carb and feeling good.. somehow fell off track and now back up past the 200 lb mark ( a big deal to me ) : (

soo... it's time to get motivated again and take action

trying to familiarize myself with this website and looking for motivation and ideas to keep on track!

Can anyone tell me how to insert the emoticons?

Thanks!! I look forward to keeping in touch and sharing success stories

Dana <3
takin.it.off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:10 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Yay to more people joining!! Jamie & Dana!

Jamie- I think anything is game here so you could post your menu if you'd like. I post mine in the Weekly Menu Thread (it's only my dinners for the week) but will also mention things I cook sometimes during the day in here sometimes. I've also been posting in the daily what you eating thread...you have to go to the mainlobby page everyday to get to it bc they post a new one daily. I find it keeps me accountable and you get a chance to see what everyone is having for the day.

Sounds like you gals are off to a good start.

Dana- (I will try my best to explain how to add the emoticons, sorry if I mess it up ) Hit Go Advanced on the bottom of the text box and it will open to a page that has the text box with the emoticons to the right of it. Once you have the blinking line flashing in the text box you can click on any of the emoticons to insert those in. Hope that makes sense. It took me awhile to get used to how to use this site, I'm pretty sure there are still things I don't know how to do on here.

Donna- I do have kids, 3 girls, 2 of which are in school (11, 7, and 4). They don't get out until June 7th. I guess our school started later than most and they would have gotten out on the 5th but they have makeup days for snow days. I love pretty much all the cauli recipes on Linda's site...great sub for potatoes. I use turnips for fries, they aren't exact, but still very good.

Good job Natalie!! Any weight loss is weight to me, regardless it's not in your system anymore so that counts girlfriend! No shame in this game.

I came in at 19g of carbs yesterday...so far I haven't gone over at all these past 5 days...haven't weigh in...I'm STILL waiting. Today is going well, I am trying to finish tracking my food to see what my total will be, but I'm not worried bc I've only had about 10g carbs so far today, just gotta get through dinner. Made chocolate cheesecake muffins last night to store as a handy snack...really yummy. They are 2g each, the ones without chocolate are 1g each, think I'm going to make a few more batches to stock up on.

Better go prep dinner and clean up around here. Then I can relax and maybe even watch a movie with the hubs tonight.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:35 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

What are the cheesecake muffin recipes?
Welcome everyone new!
Old 05-04-2012, 05:35 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

For the regular one it's:

2 eggs
16 oz. cream cheese (softened)
1 cup of sweetener (I used Splenda)
1 tsp vanilla extract

(add 2 Tbsp of unsweetened cocoa for the chocolate version)

Cook for 20 min at 350 degrees
Makes 12 muffins

Easy peasy.
Old 05-05-2012, 04:02 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, Ill have to try them soon. Happy Cinco de Mayonnaise everyone!
Doing just fine on day 5 here, got my cardio and toning done, got house cleaning done. Too bad no partying or drinking for me :P I wish i could find low carb products here, I cant order them online cause the shipping is twice the cost of the items or Id order some Baja Bobs low carb pina colada mix.. yum.
hope everyone is having a great and easy day
Old 05-05-2012, 08:20 PM   #21
Big Yapper!!!!

I ditto everything Karen said... Welcome Jamie and Dana!!

Sorry for going missing. It has been an extremely busy week which is good because it keeps me out of the kitchen.

For those who asked about HCG: Homeopathic HCG can be found in drops or pellets. Drops are taken 3 times a day at 10 drops each and pellets are taken 3 times a day at 3 pellets each time. RX HCG has to come from a doctor and I believe they are injections.
It is a 500 calorie, Fat free and sugar free diet. It is basically certain meats, fruits and veggies you can eat. One of each at lunch and dinner. The HCG helps to curve your appetite A LOT! Plus you are in somewhat of a ketosis with what you are eating. The HCG is suppose to pull from your fat stores and give you what else you need.
All I know is that it does work. I did Low Carb back when I was 36. I went from 170 to 130 along with a ton of exercise. Through the years I have had weight creep and found myself on my 43rd bday weighing 160 again. I went on HCG and lost down to 130 in about 50 days. I didn't do a great job climbing the next few phases and have found myself back up in the 150's this year. HCG is suppose to regulate your metabolism and you need to follow all phases so your body can regulate.
So here I am again trying to do it right this time. I am on Day 5 and down 4 pounds so I am pretty happy. Hoping to see the 140's tomorrow.

It has been a very long week and day so I am going to say Good Night and Good Luck to us all!!!
Old 05-05-2012, 08:35 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Hey all.

So I ended up peaking at the scale this morning and am 4 lbs down so far this week, back in the 150's. Not going to look again until Monday for my "official" weigh in.

Came in at 17g today and feel satisfied. My appetite is decreasing, I don't mind that. Trying to get the rest of my water in for the day before bedtime arrives.

Not doing much tomorrow, maybe plan some breakfasts to prepare for DH and I this week and lunch options for me. I usually go by what I have in the fridge to use up first...so that means I need to clean my fridge out tomorrow.

Glad everyone is doing well.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:25 AM   #23
Big Yapper!!!!

Broke through to the 140's this morning with a 149.4!!! WOO HOO

Wasn't sure if my restaurant option would hurt me but it didn't. Had a salad with fat free dressing, white fish and zucchini. It was very good.

I cannot wait for Phase 3 of HHCG which is basically low carb with some fruit.
I've also been looking at JUDDDing but I don't know if I could handle doing a down day after doing a couple of up days. Have any of you tried this diet?

My DH is extremely focused on calories in and calories out but I need some tricks to keep me going. I can't be as strict or focused as him.

Time to get this day started. Day 6 here I come!

Stay focused everyone!
Old 05-06-2012, 11:52 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Donna!

I'm anxious to weigh in tomorrow morning to see what my official 1st week loss is. Patiently waiting....

Just doing some housework and food prepping today. If I have time I may catch up on some tv shows or DIY projects.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:29 PM   #25
Big Yapper!!!!

Monday is almost here- Do you have your meal plans ready?
Do you have a goal in mind for the end of this week?
Do you have a pair of shorts/capris that you really want to get into?
Why are you losing weight?

Just some things to think about on this journey...

My meal plan this week is mostly salads and homemade burgers and some chicken and apples.
My goal at the end of the week is 145 or less!
I would love to fit into some shorts that are super duper tight right now.
I'm losing weight to be healthier. I would love to be able to wear sleeveless shirts again and not have to worry about what looks good on me. I want everything to look good on me. I want to not worry about someone taking a picture of me because I hate how I look. That keeps me motivated!

Happy Monday to all!
Old 05-07-2012, 06:39 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning!

I totally get the feeling of wanting things to look good on you and getting your pic take. I notice that I actually enjoy shopping when I am able to purchase things in a lower size and when more items tend to look better on.

So weigh in this morning went well, I think I was disappointed at first bc the first time I did LC I lost 7 lbs in a week, but now I realize that second time around isn't going to be the same. So I came in 158.8 this morning (4.6 lb loss for the week) . My goal is to reach 155 by next Monday.

I have a pair of capris that I bought a couple weeks ago and all they said were "medium" (weird), I'm used to seeing a number size so I wasn't sure what that meant, those are giving me some motivation to try and fit into. There were 2 pairs of jeans I also bought and didn't fit when I brought them home at first, but one of them fit now so I was happy about that.

My menu for my dinners is posted in the May 2012 Weekly Dinners, but as far as breakfasts and lunches go, I kind of plan those based on leftovers to use up, if not I have a pkg of stuffed peppers in my freezer to go to or see what I can whip up. I stocked up on some individual fish pks and frozen shrimp to add quick protein and often turn to tuna w/mayo when I have very little time to prepare something.

Off to a good start today, I'm happy with my progress this week and ready to kick some more butt this week too.

Have a great Monday!!
Old 05-07-2012, 09:28 AM   #27
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: takin.it.off
Stats: 205/187/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 4th, 2012
Not a great start.. lacking motivation!

Good morning everyone and thank you for the tips!

I am not thrilled to report I did not stay on track at all this weekend and sure am paying the price this morning ... I am literally to the point where almost none of my clothes in my closet fit... not a great feeling at all

However, instead of beating myself up I am finding in peace in reminding myself that today is a new day, and a fresh start.

My lack of meal preparations is the enemy for my weight loss goals.. I am going to spend some time today and plan out some meals, then purchase the items I need and get busy in the kitchen cooking up some chicken breasts, etc to have on hand.

I definitely do not want to be a "debbie downer" on this thread LOL, so I won't be, I'll just keep pushing forward . And the great thing about LC'bing is results seem to happen fairly quickly when followed!

I hope everyone has a great day!

BTW how often do you recommend weighing in? I'm thinking once a week will work well for me just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on that topic? know sometimes its just best to go by how clothes are fitting but it is also rewarding and motivation to see the numbers on the scale going dowwwwn!!
takin.it.off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:18 AM   #28
Big Yapper!!!!

GREAT JOB KAREN!!! WOO HOO!!! You will be in those capris in no time at all!!!

Takingitoff: Weighing yourself is an individual thing. I like to weigh every day but I don't let it affect me too much. I did gain .6 of a pound but I now realize that the dressing I had yesterday probably had sugar in it and I didn't go on my walk last night. Seeing that slight gain motivates me to drink more water today and go on an even longer walk than I had originally intended. But someone else might take that slight gain as a way to throw in the towel.
It is all in the way you look at it.

Get back on the horse and ride again. We will be here for support. If you only knew how lucky you are to be on low carb. I'm on HHCG and I would love to have some mayo right now with anything!!! Also would love to have some eggs and bacon too! But I'm on for another 16 days and I am committed.
You can do this! WE CAN ALL DO THIS!!! It will be wonderful to fit into all those clothes in our closet again! I would LOVE to be able to wear a tank top again and not have my arms look like overloaded sausages!

Lets do this while we can still turn some heads ladies! I for one do not want to look back in another year and say, "Why didn't I just try harder at losing weight?" I'm giving this everything I've got this time and I hope you are too!
Old 05-07-2012, 08:19 PM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Donna!

I can't imagine not using mayo...or cheese. I thought about the benefits I'd gain from giving up dairy but I'm afraid my meals would be yucky if I did so....you're almost there Donna, hang in there and you will see Mayo Heaven soon. I'm still dreaming about the day i get to incorporate my measly 1 oz. serving of nuts...

I agree, weighing is different for everyone. I've tried doing it daily but it ends up stressing me out, plus...I like to see the bigger number at the end. I do peak sometimes during the week, but my "official" score is recorded on Mondays generally.

Dana- I also find when I prepare is when I do best with my eating plan. I thought I was okay estimating and tracking in my head throughout the day and ended up 16 lbs heavier and feeling like poo. It really can be a challenge, life is so busy, but planning actually stabilizes my life a lit more so it's a win win for me. Hope you find that motivation and get on board, you have the right attitude to get yourself started.

So I was tinkering with a recipe to see if I could turn it into a snack item for less carb allowance and realized (when adding all the nutrition up) that Torani SF Caramel syrup actually has 1g carb per 2 Tbsp....say what!?! I have been using that in my coffee thinking it was 0g...good thing I caught it now though.

Ended the day at 17g carbs. 71.4% Fats, 22.9% Proteins, and 5.7% Carbs....really should do my research and figure out what percentages I should be aiming for...time to dust off the Atkins book. I have finally made it through an entire week cheat free for once in like 6 or 7 months. WooHoo! DH is jealous bc he keeps slipping up at work so now I may beat him to our goals...just some fun competition.

Goodnight.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:33 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

happy to report week 1 ended at 146.5, so down 5.5 pounds now if only every week could be like this !!!!!
keep up the good work!!! goodnight