Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 05:35 PM   #901
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjlocarb View Post
I do have a medical degree. I am a veterinarian. My name is Julie...hence DrJ.
Aha! Well, then, I see no reason why you shouldn't use that moniker with pride.
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2012, 07:04 PM   #902
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Sheee's baaaaaack...
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:57 AM   #903
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mobear
Stats: 235/195/LESS
WOE: Bernstein
Start Date: 9/2010
Gosh all of those "views" must mean people are reading who never post here. I can understand some people lurking - I did for awhile - but lurking and complaining? Why bother?

I went to the doctor Tuesday and we managed not to discuss my ridiculously high cholesterol. The good part was HDL 77, trig 77 (down from 84), ratios are normal or almost normal. LDL is slightly lower, but still very high. My doctor is really cool though - he asked me about statin's - I said no - and that was it. Guess he had to check the box about discussing statins in case insurance questions him.

My A1c was 5.5 - lowest ever, all other stuff was normal

I will not abbreviate anyone's name from now on - I promise. Remember LJGuitar (Larry) he always abbreviated names - who would ever think it would be a problem!

Oh, I learned a lesson about shiratake. I serious overate it - 1bag of angel hair one day and 2 bags of miracle rice the next! My stomach seriously didn't like all of that and I had some bowel problems. I still plan on eating shiratake, but no more than 1 bag a day!
Mobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:30 AM   #904
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shelley
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenskamae View Post
Aha! Well, then, I see no reason why you shouldn't use that moniker with pride.
Oh I so agree with this statement!!!!!!
shelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:34 AM   #905
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobear View Post
Gosh all of those "views" must mean people are reading who never post here. I can understand some people lurking - I did for awhile - but lurking and complaining? Why bother?

I went to the doctor Tuesday and we managed not to discuss my ridiculously high cholesterol. The good part was HDL 77, trig 77 (down from 84), ratios are normal or almost normal. LDL is slightly lower, but still very high. My doctor is really cool though - he asked me about statin's - I said no - and that was it. Guess he had to check the box about discussing statins in case insurance questions him.

I will not abbreviate anyone's name from now on - I promise. Remember LJGuitar (Larry) he always abbreviated names - who would ever think it would be a problem!

Oh, I learned a lesson about shiratake. I serious overate it - 1bag of angel hair one day and 2 bags of miracle rice the next! My stomach seriously didn't like all of that and I had some bowel problems. I still plan on eating shiratake, but no more than 1 bag a day!
Sounds like you are seeing improvement in your test numbers. That's great!

I just got some shiratake noodles to try...don't like they are "tofu" due to hypothyroid issues with me, but figured I would just have a few. Making beef stroganoff for dinner tonight and wanted them over noodles for a change. I won't even eat the entire bag! I was told by a health store owner that he won't carry them or glucommanann (something like that) due to the fact he says it depletes nutritional stuff in the body. He has 2 celiac teens and does lots of research (and owns the biggest health food store in town). But I'll give them a try once.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:16 AM   #906
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

That's wonderful about your A1c being so low, Maureen. Even if LCHF isn't paying off a lot in terms of weight loss, it is certainly helping a lot with blood sugar control, and that's immensely important in terms of your health.

I'm no expert, but I think I've read that very high cholesterol often goes along with hypothyroid. Have you had the full battery of tests on thyroid functioning or asked your doctor about putting you on a low dose on a trial basis? Do you have other hypothyroid symptoms like feeling cold a lot, brittle hair and nails, and tiredness?
Old 11-29-2012, 12:22 PM   #907
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: stardustshadow
Stats: 248.6/163/150
WOE: VLC/IF
Start Date: July 5th 2010 (Atkins)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Tones View Post
I once read (can't remember the source) that diabetics are unusually good at gluconeogenesis. I am still perplexed at how well lowering protein is working for me. I had tried it in the past using a different formula and it didn't work (gained weight eating the typical fat fast diet you see posted around here).

I ate maybe only 1/4 of the turkey I would normally eat. I did eat carbs, but same thing, probably only 1/4 of what I would have eaten in the old days.

Got on the scale this morning. 208. Not bad after spending a few days at my mother-in-law's.

Off topic, that was the first Thanksgiving since my husband passed away. I thought I was prepared. I went to the Surviving the Holidays workshop that the grief support organization put on. I went to my grief support group and we talked about how to handle things (it is led by an experienced therapis). I wasn't prepared. I feel like I have been run over by a train. I know this sounds ridiculous, and please don't take it the wrong way, I am not trying to assign some sort of massive meaning to this group, I am more saying that getting to my normal routine is helping me.

It was really the thought of reading this thread that got me out of bed this morning. So, thank you all for being here!

I am working through the grief process. What people talk about, converting the grief pain to the joy of rememberance, isn't really the path that I see. It is more finding meaning in how my life is better for having had him as my husband and all the things he brought to me and taught me and what he would have wanted for us. I am trying to find a connection with his family so I can better remember him and better determine what he would have said, how he would have directed us, what he would have wanted for us. It is easier to do when sitting with his mother and brother than when I am trying to figure it out. All he ever wanted was for us to be happy. This was something I found difficult during his long illness which spanned 11 years with all the anxiety that entailed. I think this is something I must now pursue for me and my daughter.
Hey Key Tones. I just want to say, thanks for sharing and that your post was very touching. I can't imagine going through that, but it made me stop for a moment and think about the importance of the people in my life. I wish you lots of *hugs* and healing.
stardustshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:31 PM   #908
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
Love love LOVE this post!!!!

So happy that you are getting a second youth, and that you are doing so many wonderful things for yourself! As it should be. Keep it up!
Ha ha thanks Sometimes I have *WAY* too much fun for a 34 year old

But to be serious about it, I think I missed out on a lot of vital experiences during those 'formative years'. Suddenly, it is like I am a whole new person...first, I was diagnosed with diabetes, which shook me to my core. Secondly, I lost a massive amount of weight and enter the ranks of the 'normal' for the first time, while simultaneously attaining a perfect control over my disease and a massive amount of self control and belief. Thirdly, I got accepted to law school (in my second language, no less...very, very unusual here) and excelled at it in my first year. My grades are in the top 5% of my class. All of these things are fantastic (except for the diabetes diagnosis part, despite that being a catalyst for some positive changes)....but they shake you. I am redefining myself every day and it is a *hard* thing to do.

The people around me have reacted differently....with different levels of acceptance to these changes. And I have been forced to (and still am in the process of) re-examine if and how these people fit into my life...the kind of life I want to live...what my goals and dreams really are. There has been a lot of pain involved and there probably will continue to be so.

This process has involved my gaining a massive amount of self esteem and becoming quite empowered (I was always someone who LOOKED confident before, now I actually AM), and knowing when not to accept poor treatment (whereas before I would have allowed a lot more abuse, because deep down, did I ever truly believe I deserved better??)

But I am sure it will be worth it in the end. Finding a 'self' that you know and can actually love is a vital thing to do. But anyhow, the process is rough sometimes, despite being fun at times, too.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:19 PM   #909
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Key Tones
Stats: 312/227/??? 5/10"
Start Date: LC start 2005, have tried everything...
Quote:

That is great!!! I would love A1c of 5.5! My 6.0 has me disturbed since I have had 5.6 before. I realized this morning that it probably is because I have stopped exercising due to hip pain. Duh...

Anyway, I have stopped with the chocolate and have reduced carbs. I did end up eating more protein last night. Still trying...mulling over dairy again but probably will resist.
Key Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:02 PM   #910
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardustshadow View Post
Hey Key Tones. I just want to say, thanks for sharing and that your post was very touching. I can't imagine going through that, but it made me stop for a moment and think about the importance of the people in my life. I wish you lots of *hugs* and healing.
Oh, thank you so much for your kind words.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:37 PM   #911
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Quote:

Maureen, awesome trigs and A1c!!!
clackley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:45 PM   #912
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Ha ha thanks Sometimes I have *WAY* too much fun for a 34 year old

But to be serious about it, I think I missed out on a lot of vital experiences during those 'formative years'. Suddenly, it is like I am a whole new person...first, I was diagnosed with diabetes, which shook me to my core. Secondly, I lost a massive amount of weight and enter the ranks of the 'normal' for the first time, while simultaneously attaining a perfect control over my disease and a massive amount of self control and belief. Thirdly, I got accepted to law school (in my second language, no less...very, very unusual here) and excelled at it in my first year. My grades are in the top 5% of my class. All of these things are fantastic (except for the diabetes diagnosis part, despite that being a catalyst for some positive changes)....but they shake you. I am redefining myself every day and it is a *hard* thing to do.

The people around me have reacted differently....with different levels of acceptance to these changes. And I have been forced to (and still am in the process of) re-examine if and how these people fit into my life...the kind of life I want to live...what my goals and dreams really are. There has been a lot of pain involved and there probably will continue to be so.

This process has involved my gaining a massive amount of self esteem and becoming quite empowered (I was always someone who LOOKED confident before, now I actually AM), and knowing when not to accept poor treatment (whereas before I would have allowed a lot more abuse, because deep down, did I ever truly believe I deserved better??)

But I am sure it will be worth it in the end. Finding a 'self' that you know and can actually love is a vital thing to do. But anyhow, the process is rough sometimes, despite being fun at times, too.
Love everything you wrote! Being 64 years of age, I know only too well the challenges of determining how various people fit into your life...are they good, toxic, etc. It's rough, but a really good exercise to do! And, the hard part is that usually it comes up again and again. Especially for me since we have moved every 2-5 years or so. Right now we are retired and have lived here for 7 years...the longest we've lived in any one place.

Congratulations to you on all that you have accomplished and how well you are doing with *life*!!!!! Keep it up. You are very inspirational!
Old 11-29-2012, 04:59 PM   #913
Major LCF Poster!

Svenskamae I did have a thyroid panel done and all the numbers were ok except for the FT3. The bottom of the lab range for FT3 was 2.0 and my reading was 2.2. Yes, I felt like death, totally exhausted, freezing, hair (always oily) dry and brittle..skin also. After reading here and there, I came to the conclusion that it might be a conversion problem. I had really stopped eating vegetables and was doing low fat, boneless skinless chicken breast, no HWC, no cream cheese because I was trying to get my weight loss started again. I upped the carbs to 30g total a day (Dr. Bernstein's recommendation) and also upped the calories. I had let those drop to 900-1100 a day. Gradually I started feeling better. Doctor wasn't willing to do any medication with the lab results I had.

I also had a VAP test done and my LDL was almost as terrible as the lipid profile. My LDL was the large fluffy type - but my doctor was horrified at the 230 reading! Actually, I was horrified also.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:11 PM   #914
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, Maureen. I'm glad that you are feeling somewhat better on 30g carbs and more calories. That your thyroid functioning dropped temporarily as you cut calories to very low levels makes sense, since Steve Phinney said that could happen in a podcast interview with Jimmy Moore. It's too bad that your doctor isn't willing to try a trial version of a very low dose of thyroid meds, since it sounds like you might indeed have a conversion problem, and that might help with both weightloss and cholesterol levels. Have you run your results by folks on the thyroid section of this board, to see if they have a similar take on things? Is there any chance you could see a different doctor for thyroid issues?
Old 11-30-2012, 04:12 PM   #915
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: drjlocarb
Stats: 274 /219/190
WOE: vlc/NK
Start Date: LC-1999,jan2010 274 NK 1-1-13 at 244
Well that does it. What are these boards coming to? You shouldn't have to PM to get around PEOPLE.

Can we sign somewhere to get rid of PPs (problem people)?

Sorry Mobear.

Just say, "thanks for your opinion, anyone else want to help me"
drjlocarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:35 AM   #916
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Hi Friends. Glad to see so much activity over here. I'm still limping along. Not doing too bad.
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:32 PM   #917
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clackley View Post
Yes - only difference is an punctuation mark. I wondered for a while but recently have seen a 'trade mark comment'.
Quote:
It was the tuna, egg beaters, and salmon. day, after day, after day...
Check it out! I know you know how.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:00 AM   #918
Major LCF Poster!

Svenskamae I did receive some info and support from a couple of posters on the thyroid board...mostly along the lines of considering a holistic or NP doctor. The trouble is with my insurance premiums and high copays for 2 insulins, test strips and syringes there just isn't enough to start major outlays for treatments my insurance will not cover. I did consider going back to the endo at Cleveland Clinic that I saw for a couple of years because I really liked him. It was very difficult to get an appointment with him and I was lucky to get in to see him once a year. I also heard from a friend that sees him for thyroid that he will no longer prescribe medication unless TSH is out of range! I've read on LCF that doctor's are being pressured and instructed to go mostly by TSH readings now - regardless of symptoms.

Guess I finally decided to try and heal myself. I've done some research and am feeling better.

This Wednesday I'm hoping to go in for a thyroid panel (unless something unexpected pops up).
Old 12-03-2012, 04:15 AM   #919
Major LCF Poster!

Drjlocarb do you have any plans to travel on your upcoming vacation? Anywhere exciting? Visiting friends/family?

How about the rest of our stalled stubborn buddies? Any holiday plans?

I think DH, poochies and I are escaping on a road trip this weekend and perhaps over Christmas. I have to admit it is stressful for me to travel now since I am doing HF/MP/LC but I did ok with my trip in October so maybe this will work out also.

I bought myself an expensive Christmas/birthday present . I ordered a kindle so I can take my fitness tracker and some books and a mahjogg game with me when I travel. My laptop is much older and is fine at home, but doesn't like to connect to wifi in hotels.

Oh, I would also like to thank all of you who post on the Stalled thread for all the support and info! You ladies are the best
Old 12-03-2012, 07:42 AM   #920
Chatty Cathy

Quote:
Check it out! I know you know how.
You give me too much credit....
Old 12-03-2012, 08:29 AM   #921
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Check the most recent posts. Here, I'll help.
Breaking Vegetarian
Old 12-03-2012, 11:52 AM   #922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Svenskamae I did receive some info and support from a couple of posters on the thyroid board...mostly along the lines of considering a holistic or NP doctor. The trouble is with my insurance premiums and high copays for 2 insulins, test strips and syringes there just isn't enough to start major outlays for treatments my insurance will not cover. I did consider going back to the endo at Cleveland Clinic that I saw for a couple of years because I really liked him. It was very difficult to get an appointment with him and I was lucky to get in to see him once a year. I also heard from a friend that sees him for thyroid that he will no longer prescribe medication unless TSH is out of range! I've read on LCF that doctor's are being pressured and instructed to go mostly by TSH readings now - regardless of symptoms.

Guess I finally decided to try and heal myself. I've done some research and am feeling better.

This Wednesday I'm hoping to go in for a thyroid panel (unless something unexpected pops up).
It's hard for me to understand why doctors are being pressured to back off prescribing thyroid medication--at least on a modest trial basis--when they seem to be so eager to hand out other medications like statins that have nasty side effects, no proven benefit for most population groups, but are enormously profitable for pharmaceutical companies. I just got some pressure from my health plan to get treated for high blood pressure even though my blood pressure is only slightly above the normal level and going down as I lose weight.

On thyroid information, I recall that the books by Mary Shoman, which I read years ago, were good. I believe that the Broda Barnes Foundation was also disseminating information about doctors who were more willing to treat thryoid issues, but I haven't looked into that recently. Also, Dr. E.D. Wilson wrote about the conversion problem, and there is a website if you google "Wilson's Temperature Syndrome." That has a list of practitioner's who are willing to treat according to the Wilson protocol, so you could see if there is anyone close to you.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:24 PM   #923
Chatty Cathy

Quote:
Check the most recent posts. Here, I'll help.
Breaking Vegetarian
Bingo!! Seems that 'grave concerns' have been alleviated somehow.... tucking into bacon pretty regularly it seems.....
Old 12-03-2012, 04:41 PM   #924
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenskamae View Post
It's hard for me to understand why doctors are being pressured to back off prescribing thyroid medication--at least on a modest trial basis--when they seem to be so eager to hand out other medications like statins that have nasty side effects, no proven benefit for most population groups, but are enormously profitable for pharmaceutical companies. I just got some pressure from my health plan to get treated for high blood pressure even though my blood pressure is only slightly above the normal level and going down as I lose weight.

On thyroid information, I recall that the books by Mary Shoman, which I read years ago, were good. I believe that the Broda Barnes Foundation was also disseminating information about doctors who were more willing to treat thryoid issues, but I haven't looked into that recently. Also, Dr. E.D. Wilson wrote about the conversion problem, and there is a website if you google "Wilson's Temperature Syndrome." That has a list of practitioner's who are willing to treat according to the Wilson protocol, so you could see if there is anyone close to you.
OK...sorry if I step on anyones toes on this, but I've been through the ringer with endocrine issues for 30 years! I've done the Wilson's protocol, and have been one that nearly crashed when Forest changed the Armour formulation for thyroid. I've done all teh RT3 stuff and adrenal stuff. I have studied this with the help of the best (to me) patient advocate in the world on all this. She helped me get well over 2 years time. I'm not a fan of Shomon at all. I have my opinions and won't share them here. Her site has docs that are horrible and it hasn't been updated in years...many people complain but nothing changes. She started out great years ago, but now it's all about $$$ in my opinion (and others).

The reason for the change in treatment and going by TSH is all due to the govt. and the pharmaceutical companies. Natural Dessicated Thyroid (NDT) is natural. The pharmaceutical companies can't make $$$ selling something natural that is dirt cheap. So, they have monopolized doctor training and write all the books on how to treat...i.e., Synthroid! (only) which is T4 and for those that don't covert, that is useless, and for those with corn allergies, it can't be consumed. But that's what they offer you. The body uses much more than T4. I could go on and on.

Stop the Thyroid Madness has a code 12345 where you can get 10% off your tests....I don't know if I can put the name of the testing facility, but think I can. If you need it, PM me. You can have your own tests run...it will cost about $75 and include TSH, FT3 and FT4. There are many that can help you with teh results, and you need someone to Rx it for you. I get mine from Canada and it's the ORIGINAL Armour thyroid without the change in formulation. About 5 years ago (?) the govt. shut down 3 companies that made NDT and that's what put many people into a tizzy. I really get on my soapbox over thyroid and adrenal issues. I have been at the bottom and am now well optimized and still do my own testing with no docs. If I need an Rx, I stop all my meds for 4 days and so I'm pretty "ill" and the readings will tell them that my TSH is higher than norm, but it will still be "in range" and now I'm concerned that I won't get the Rx anymore. They are requiring the docs to ONLY treat by TSH or the docs will lose their licenses. It's really scary what the pharmaceuticals companies are doing to those that need the meds.

Anyway, feel free to ask me questions as I want to "pay it forward" with all I've learned in the last 3 years with the "whiz" at all this who helped me to "come back to life". Truly. She's amazing and no longer a patient advocate. I'm happy to share what I know.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:55 PM   #925
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
OK...sorry if I step on anyones toes on this, but I've been through the ringer with endocrine issues for 30 years! I've done the Wilson's protocol, and have been one that nearly crashed when Forest changed the Armour formulation for thyroid. I've done all teh RT3 stuff and adrenal stuff. I have studied this with the help of the best (to me) patient advocate in the world on all this. She helped me get well over 2 years time. I'm not a fan of Shomon at all. I have my opinions and won't share them here. Her site has docs that are horrible and it hasn't been updated in years...many people complain but nothing changes. She started out great years ago, but now it's all about $$$ in my opinion (and others).

The reason for the change in treatment and going by TSH is all due to the govt. and the pharmaceutical companies. Natural Dessicated Thyroid (NDT) is natural. The pharmaceutical companies can't make $$$ selling something natural that is dirt cheap. So, they have monopolized doctor training and write all the books on how to treat...i.e., Synthroid! (only) which is T4 and for those that don't covert, that is useless, and for those with corn allergies, it can't be consumed. But that's what they offer you. The body uses much more than T4. I could go on and on.

Stop the Thyroid Madness has a code 12345 where you can get 10% off your tests....I don't know if I can put the name of the testing facility, but think I can. If you need it, PM me. You can have your own tests run...it will cost about $75 and include TSH, FT3 and FT4. There are many that can help you with teh results, and you need someone to Rx it for you. I get mine from Canada and it's the ORIGINAL Armour thyroid without the change in formulation. About 5 years ago (?) the govt. shut down 3 companies that made NDT and that's what put many people into a tizzy. I really get on my soapbox over thyroid and adrenal issues. I have been at the bottom and am now well optimized and still do my own testing with no docs. If I need an Rx, I stop all my meds for 4 days and so I'm pretty "ill" and the readings will tell them that my TSH is higher than norm, but it will still be "in range" and now I'm concerned that I won't get the Rx anymore. They are requiring the docs to ONLY treat by TSH or the docs will lose their licenses. It's really scary what the pharmaceuticals companies are doing to those that need the meds.

Anyway, feel free to ask me questions as I want to "pay it forward" with all I've learned in the last 3 years with the "whiz" at all this who helped me to "come back to life". Truly. She's amazing and no longer a patient advocate. I'm happy to share what I know.
Thanks for a great post, Shelly! You have much greater depth of knowledge and firsthand experience than I do on the thyroid issue, and your post should be given much more weight than my guesswork about some possible leads. I was briefly put on a low trial dose of pharmacy-compounded thyroid medication by a sympathetic doctor about 7 years ago, but it didn't help me lose weight; I now realize that my issue was insulin resistence and not thyroid at all, but it took a while for me to come to that conclusion. I was reporting on what I was able to find out back then, but it's certainly out-of-date information. Sadly, it makes perfect sense that Big Pharma is making it so difficult for doctors to prescribe NDT, since they can only make money off Synthroid--even if it doesn't actually work for many people who are hypothyroid. I'm glad you are posting on this thread and can give suggestions to people like Maureen. I'm sorry you've had such a struggle with this issue, but it's great that you can pass on your knowledge and help others here.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:40 PM   #926
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the information on why doctor's are only going by TSH. I just knew it would have everything to do with big pharma and money! I am familiar with the procedure to schedule a thyroid panel on my own and am hoping to go this week.

Some endo's are now prescribing LC diets for diabetics - of course that is in the neighborhood of 140g a day of carbs and of course low fat....very difficult to stay with. I know how hard it is to get into a lc lifestyle, but honestly I think doctor's (for the most part) just believe the drug companies and throw new meds at people. I have actually been prescribed medication by the endo I saw that has now been taken off the market because of irreparable kidney damage, highly increased risk of cardiac events, and liver problems! Most of the new medications are touted as helping to regenerate beta cells - of course they don't - and are hideously expensive.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:16 PM   #927
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Drjlocarb do you have any plans to travel on your upcoming vacation? Anywhere exciting? Visiting friends/family?

How about the rest of our stalled stubborn buddies? Any holiday plans?

I think DH, poochies and I are escaping on a road trip this weekend and perhaps over Christmas. I have to admit it is stressful for me to travel now since I am doing HF/MP/LC but I did ok with my trip in October so maybe this will work out also.

I bought myself an expensive Christmas/birthday present . I ordered a kindle so I can take my fitness tracker and some books and a mahjogg game with me when I travel. My laptop is much older and is fine at home, but doesn't like to connect to wifi in hotels.

Oh, I would also like to thank all of you who post on the Stalled thread for all the support and info! You ladies are the best

Hi Mobear! You are doing so well. I hope it all continues to fall into place for you.

I am going to Colorado for a week to visit a friend. I have to go see her and the kids (oh and the guy she's married to also)every year or they will grow up and I'll have missed it all. If I go between Thanksgiving and Christmas, the flights are cheap.

We usually get some horseback riding and/or hiking in while I'm there and I get some much needed time off from the 24/7 on call thing. And she makes me help with all her Christmas cookies.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:08 AM   #928
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Arrgghhh I am so frustrated right now...just have to vent...I was doing GREAT then got my period...I am up SEVEN and a HALF POUNDS from a few days ago. In my head I know it is water weight, but MAN that is a LOT of water. It is depressing and hard for me to believe that it will go away. I go through the same doubt every month. Seven pounds is extreme, even for me, but it has happened before.

I really, really, really hope it goes away and SOON. Sometimes it is a challenge being female.
stardustshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:08 AM   #929
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Arrgghhh I am so frustrated right now...just have to vent...I was doing GREAT then got my period...I am up SEVEN and a HALF POUNDS from a few days ago. In my head I know it is water weight, but MAN that is a LOT of water. It is depressing and hard for me to believe that it will go away. I go through the same doubt every month. Seven pounds is extreme, even for me, but it has happened before.

I really, really, really hope it goes away and SOON. Sometimes it is a challenge being female.

You will be fine! You know you didn't eat an extra 26,000 calories.

I am avoiding the scale. I think I am doing OK. I am just trying to avoid angst since I've already got more than I can handle. I'll check it out when I get past Christmas. I'm sure it is fine!
Old 12-04-2012, 10:13 AM   #930
Chatty Cathy

I find it difficult to adhere to n.k. just having an evening out. I think a glass or 2 of wine or an unplanned serving of nuts is enough to through a wrench into the whole thing.... going to be 'interesting'.

Sending my hugs to you Stardustshadow! I don't miss those days of ups and downs. That is one 'silver lining' of getting older.