Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2012, 07:08 PM   #151
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
WOE: mostly raw, plant based
Start Date: 9-1-14
They made over a neighborhood?!?!? Wow send them to my hood! Thats awesome!!!

anxiously awaiting pics

I would totally keep it too then!
lotus33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2012, 07:34 AM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: beachmom3
Stats: 5'8 200/187.2/140
WOE: LCHF
Rosehip - Can't wait to see photos! Good luck, I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you!

Lotus - Joe is very pretty Sorry to hear about the pool. Hope they get it resolved quickly! Oooh, I love the new dishes! I know, it's amazing how huge our portions/plates have gotten now.

Well, my knee is giving me problems again. Ugh, I just need a new one I was carrying my daughter down the stairs last night and heard a loud pop followed by pain. I'm icing it and taking Ibuprofen, so hopefully that will do the trick.

On the bright side, we are going away for a few days next month to the beach!! I want to lose 10 pounds before then...exactly 1 month away. I'm pretty sure I can do that, and it will be a nice little mini goal to aim for.

Hope you all are having a good day!
Old 05-24-2012, 08:39 AM   #153
Blabbermouth!!!

OMG Glad you didn't fall with the baby in your arms!!

Knee pain is sooooo irritating! You cant get away from it at all! Like other pain you can sort of ignore but knees you use all day!

10lbs is doable!!! Have you got a place you could do water aerobics at to not hurt your knee?
Old 05-24-2012, 06:27 PM   #154
Blabbermouth!!!

So not sure if I told you two or not but I am going away tomorrow night and won't be back till Sunday early afternoon.....so don't worry if I didn't weigh in until late I will when I get home
Old 05-25-2012, 05:09 AM   #155
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rosehip
Stats: 217/194.5/145 - 5'10"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: LC Jan 2012/ JUDDD May 2012
Beachmom, how is your knee feeling? That is definitely a tough one I second Lotus on the swimming though...so easy on the knees!

Lotus...enjoy your weekend! We will miss you

Houseguests have all arrived. Phew! Is it wrong that I am already looking forward to a quiet Monday??
rosehip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:21 AM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Thank you both Yeah, I am so glad I didn't fall with her! I was actually thinking about doing some type of water exercise. That might be about all I could do now anyway. Our pool opens Memorial Day weekend...can't wait!

Hope you have a great weekend Lotus! Yes, we'll miss you

Rosehip - Definitely not wrong...LOL. I love having people over, but sometimes it can be a little stressful.

Hope you ladies have a great day, I'll try to check in later!
beachmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:17 AM   #157
Senior LCF Member

Good morning! Looks like we all had busy weekends! My weight is the same this week. I'm not surprised, we ate out Saturday and I'm sure there was a ton of sodium. No matter what I order, the next day I'm always up a few pounds. Darn sodium...LOL.

We're having a BBQ today, so I'm sure I'll have a few good low carb options. Looks like it is going to be in the 90s here today. Might have to take the kids to the pool!

Any plans for today?
Old 05-28-2012, 07:03 AM   #158
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh the pool would be great!! Its super hot here already too!! And muggy

We got back at about midnight Sat instead of coming home Sun afternoon but had a terrible storm yesterday and we were without power for about 6 hrs The trip was really productive though!! Got the party bus, cake, photographer, florist and dresses all picked out!!! Pretty good for 1 day!!!!

Bad deal is I am up 3 lbs!!!!!!!!!! no surprise at all we ate junk food on the run all weekend. I think most of the time was in the car on the way to or from something! Oh well back at it today!

The girls and I are not doing anything. I have to run and buy dog food but other than that just working in the yard so long as I don't melt out there!

Hope you both have more fun that me today !!!!

Sep 1~223, Oct 1~210
Old 05-28-2012, 07:32 AM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Hi Ladies!

Sorry I'm late... I was up 1 this week too! I think it's because it's TOM for me....couldn't be anything else as was super careful about what I ate all weekend... oh well!!

Glad you both had a nice weekend Our last houseguest left this morning so I am relishing some time to myself

And another job interview this week! That makes 3 in two weeks...something must be coming soon-ish...!
Old 05-29-2012, 07:09 PM   #160
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey gals!!!

What should the plan be for us this week since none of us did great????

Any ideas???

Thought you guys would like to know I went a whole day no diet coke!!! Yeah me!!!!!
Old 05-30-2012, 05:13 AM   #161
Senior LCF Member

No diet coke??? Good for you!! That is awesome!!

Hmm....exercise? water?
Old 05-30-2012, 05:15 AM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Good morning!

Lotus - Great job going all day without Diet Coke!!! I'm still at one a day but I will aim for zero tomorrow.

Rosehip - Good luck on your interview!! I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

Okay, confession time. Yesterday was really bad I know I shouldn't make excuses, but with the kids sick, school stuff, etc... I just ate whatever. Today is a new day though, and I'm back on track. I'm just trying not to beat myself up over it.

Yes, we need a plan...haha. I know for me, I stopped tracking what I was eating. I was really good about it in the beginning, but now not so much. I am going to start that back up today. I also need to make sure that I am making time for exercise. I've kind of slipped in that department as well.

Well that feels good to get that all out...LOL. Today will be a good day How are you all doing?
Old 05-30-2012, 06:07 AM   #163
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosehip View Post
No diet coke??? Good for you!! That is awesome!!

Hmm....exercise? water?
water-check!
exercise-still gardening...probably will do about 8 hrs today since I have the day off but will also walk at least half an hour

Any word on the interviews???

Oh and I am the same way when we have company. Its usually just my BIL and his fiance so I shouldn't have to feel like a host ya know what I mean but it is a lot of extra work somehow!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmom3 View Post

Okay, confession time. Yesterday was really bad I know I shouldn't make excuses, but with the kids sick, school stuff, etc... I just ate whatever. Today is a new day though, and I'm back on track. I'm just trying not to beat myself up over it.

Yes, we need a plan...haha. I know for me, I stopped tracking what I was eating. I was really good about it in the beginning, but now not so much. I am going to start that back up today. I also need to make sure that I am making time for exercise. I've kind of slipped in that department as well.

Well that feels good to get that all out...LOL. Today will be a good day How are you all doing?
hope the babies are feeling better! It is tough when you have sick kids! It can be so exhausting and I know as a mom that I am always last on the priority list. So I get it! If I had any words of wisdom on how to stay on track %100 of the time I would give it but I don't! So just let go and start from today!

So my plan today....I guess I am going 1 day at a time LOL

1. no diet coke

2. walk

3. use ****** today and get a reality check
Old 05-30-2012, 08:48 AM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: iminit4me
Stats: 315/258/140
WOE: Atkins NANY/Exercise
Start Date: May 2010
Hi Everyone! I'm a weekly Monday weigher and started my third week of induction. I was hugely disappointed to have not lost any weight during my second week, but from reading more of my New Atkins for a New You, found that even drinking alcohol one night can derail you. So I'm back on strict induction and hoping for better results on Monday. I'm walking 2.5 miles/4-5x week with my sister (she doesn't let me skip), and am hoping the exercise will accelerate a loss. Not letting myself get discouraged as I usually would. All the posts on this wonderful site are so encouraging, and it helps to find that I'm not alone. We're all facing the same challenges. Thanks so much, everyone. Here's to meeting our mini and maxi goals.
iminit4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:54 PM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmom3 View Post
Good morning!

Lotus - Great job going all day without Diet Coke!!! I'm still at one a day but I will aim for zero tomorrow.

Rosehip - Good luck on your interview!! I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

This happens to everyone! Good for you for knowing you got off track and stopping after one day... life is definitely not giving you a break when you have sick kids at home.

TRACKING! That is genius. I keep feeling like I am missing something..that may be it. OK I too shall track and see if I get better results this weekend

Tomorrow I have a bunch of errands to do and I have decided to walk. Should be about 7km round trip...or...er...google....4.3 miles! I am going to walk it and count that as my exercise.

We'll get there!

My Blog:http://theforkleftbehind.wordpress.com
Old 05-30-2012, 01:56 PM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Oh and p.s. I found out this week I have two more interviews with 2 more different companies...so that makes 4 total...something will give eventually, I hope

P.p.s. Lotus the shrimp salsa post is finally up on my blog
Old 05-30-2012, 06:12 PM   #167
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosehip View Post
Oh and p.s. I found out this week I have two more interviews with 2 more different companies...so that makes 4 total...something will give eventually, I hope

P.p.s. Lotus the shrimp salsa post is finally up on my blog

for interviews and shrimp salsa!!!!

Oh did I ever tell you I made some iced green tea?? I forget and am too lazy to read the old posts LOL I have been keeping a pitcher in the fridge and having it! I do put a truvia in it though.

Have you used ******? It the easiest one I think to use to track food. I just got in from working outside so I still need to plug in my info

BBL!
Old 05-31-2012, 05:22 AM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Yum! Truvia would be great in it... I bought some Truvia last time I was south of the border and I was sad to see the last package go!

I do use ******...and I should be logging more regularly

What does BBL mean?

Beachmom - how are your kiddos doing?
Old 05-31-2012, 06:41 AM   #169
Senior LCF Member

That is awesome you have more interviews lined up!! The shrimp salsa sounds fantastic, I will have to check it out.

The kids are doing better today, thanks for asking. My 4 year old is recovering from fifth's disease (for the 2nd time this year ) and my DD is getting over a cold and pink eye. Thankfully my oldest seemed to escape most of it!

****** is great! I've been using that for awhile now. I love the detailed info it gives you.

I'm going to guess BBL means "be back later", but I could be wrong...lol.

iminit4me - Keep up the good work!
Old 05-31-2012, 10:01 AM   #170
Blabbermouth!!!

whats fifths disease???

BBL could also mean big booty lotus
Old 05-31-2012, 11:04 AM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Beachmom - glad to hear your kids are on the mend. I had fifths disease 2 years ago, which I randomly caught somehow from a friend's child and which errupted during a heated debate with my old boss....oh man, it was crazy! haha...

BBL = Big, Big, Loss!

At least that's what I hope it means on Sunday

I am studying for my next interview and honestly each of these jobs is SO different - one is with a financial company, one in HR, one in government/education, and one with police (what would be kind of the equivalent to state troopers but in operations, for my American friends)....preparing is taking all my brain power!
Old 05-31-2012, 02:35 PM   #172
Blabbermouth!!!

oooh big big loss thats more better!!! LOL

thats a lot of prep for all those different kinds of jobs! Its one thing if you just in one mode but whew you got a lot going on!!!
Old 05-31-2012, 02:36 PM   #173
Blabbermouth!!!

no diet coke today yet either!! I am so proud of myself! Isn't it dumb what accomplishments make you happy?
Old 06-01-2012, 06:09 AM   #174
Senior LCF Member

Woohoo for no diet coke!! Keep it up!

Fifth's disease is a very contagious virus that causes a rash on the face, fever, and cold symptoms. The big part about it is that it can be dangerous for a pregnant woman, especially in the first trimester (not that we have that problem in my house...lol. We are done, done, and done!)

Oh man Rosehip, that is crazy! I didn't know adults could get fifth's. Wow, that does sound like a lot. Hopefully all that hard work will pay off with a new job!! Good luck

Can someone remind me how dumb it is to weigh everyday?! These weight fluctuations are killing me. I need to go hide my scale now. This habit might be just as hard to break as the diet coke one!
Old 06-01-2012, 06:36 AM   #175
Blabbermouth!!!

Beachmom....step away from the scale....turn around.....dont look back till Sunday!

There I yelled at ya
Old 06-01-2012, 07:06 AM   #176
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus33 View Post
Beachmom....step away from the scale....turn around.....dont look back till Sunday!

There I yelled at ya
The scale is not always a good buddy....unlike us!! Resist, resist! If you scale has batteries, take them out until Sunday...hehe

And yes, adults can gets fifths disease....especially me, I have a knack for getting crazy ailments!!

I have some interesting news today. 2 of my girlfriends and I have decided to run the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon next February!! Yikes! It is a 1/2 marathon through the Disney Themeparks in Florida...which means a girls' trip to Florida; for the low, low price of 21 flippin' km!!

I am so nervous as right now I am running about a slow 5km. This means we each have to start training seriously - we agreed we must be running 10km minimum by September 1st, and then we'll officially register.

They don't live in the same city as I do - actually they live in opposite parts of the same city - so we are all basically training on our own and plan to meet up every couple of months to run a "fun race" together. Cross your fingers for me..LOL
Old 06-01-2012, 07:26 AM   #177
Senior LCF Member

You both are awesome! I definitely needed a good talking to I told DH to hide the scale until Sunday. That sounds so pathetic, right?! haha.

Rosehip - That sounds amazing! If I had to run somewhere, Disney would be the place I'd want to do it, and a bonus girl's trip on top of it...awesome! You'll have to keep us updated on your progress!
Old 06-01-2012, 01:10 PM   #178
Blabbermouth!!!

OMG rosehip!!! That is so awesome! Your talking like 21km??? ( you like how I figured the conversion from miles )

beachmom thats too funny!!! So did he do it??? And what sort of face did he make when you asked him!? LOL

I have been so good staying on plan! I am just not doing what I has planned for the week with ****** and walking. Went to log into ****** and forgot my login and password then I gave up so I have to figure that out tonight. Not getting a walk in tonight either. Just got home from work and I am going to relax for a bit then meet MIL for dinner and she is going to watch my girls while I go pick up SIL and BIL from the airport and take them home. Thats going to take me about 3 hrs. But tomorrow.....walk walk walk! PROMISE!
Old 06-01-2012, 05:36 PM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KittyMilk
Stats: 207/129/120
WOE: Pesce-Vegetarian.
127.6 Today
KittyMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:57 AM   #180
Blabbermouth!!!