Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2012, 10:21 AM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: beachmom3
Stats: 5'8 200/187.2/140
WOE: LCHF
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus33 View Post
Ok am I stupid? I did not see that recipe for shrimp salsa on there

But I did find this...... Its so true and yet so sad.... I love you diet coke but sadly we must part ways soon

Attachment 44431
Love that photo! It's sad, but true...lol. Okay, I've had my one today and that will be it.

I hope your job interview went well Rosehip! Good luck
beachmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2012, 06:52 PM   #122
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosehip View Post
Not at all!! Shrimp salsa is still in my rough drafts! Sorry, haha..I should have said that. I only made it last night and still have to upload the photos, etc. Should be up tomorrow!

Yeah...the dangers of diet soda. Sigh! I tell you, I am waiting for diet coke with stevia...surely it's just a matter of time
Whew! i thought I was losing my mind! LOL

You have a real gift for writing! Seriously!
lotus33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:56 PM   #123
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmom3 View Post
Love that photo! It's sad, but true...lol. Okay, I've had my one today and that will be it.

I hope your job interview went well Rosehip! Good luck

me too!!!

I am really shooting for the end of next week to be done with the stuff!
Old 05-16-2012, 07:05 PM   #124
Blabbermouth!!!

I have been trying to use new seasonings. So I grilled asparagus and used mrs. dash's caribbean citrus...it was actually really good!

Tomorrow I actually have the day off with my DH! That never happens during the week....never! So working on the garden and trying to get it ready so we can get a truck of mulch next week

And yes....I am counting it as exercise again LOL
Old 05-17-2012, 07:54 AM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rosehip
Stats: 217/194.5/145 - 5'10"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: LC Jan 2012/ JUDDD May 2012
Quote:
Whew! i thought I was losing my mind! LOL

You have a real gift for writing! Seriously!
Thank you so much! Seriously, that is so kind. You made my day

I actually started getting more into blogging when I realized it was something that made me feel good about myself that was unrelated to my weight/appearance (well almost unrelated, it's a food blog lol). It gives me a non-scale related lift

Gardening is definitely exercise - weights and cardio!! Good for you.

Oh my, I have to admit that I am having some quality "Princess Time" at our hotel while poor BF is in meetings all day. About to go for a swim and then plan on strolling around and checking out some cafes/bookstores with maybe a little shopping thrown in...yay!

Great progress with the diet coke thing, both of you! Winding down a habit is a big accomplishment!

My Blog:http://theforkleftbehind.wordpress.com
rosehip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:49 PM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Rosehip, sounds like you are having a great day! We all need "Princess Time" every now and again!

Lotus, I would definitely count gardening as exercise too! I was thinking about starting a vegetable garden. I love the taste of veggies fresh from the garden.

Today is mine and DH's anniversary...9 years! We are going out to celebrate tomorrow. Maybe dinner and a movie? I'm trying to talk him into going to see Hunger Games...LOL.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:45 PM   #127
Blabbermouth!!!

rosehip-sooooooo jealous right now!!!!!!! I want a princess day! Dang it!!! Hope you enjoyed it!!! Whats the plans for tonight? Do you get to hang out alone or are you stuck with other people?

Beashmom- congrats!!!!!!!!! Hope you have a great date night!!! Did you read Hunger Games? My DH liked the movie and I thought it was ok...but I read the books so I never like the movie as much so I am a bad judge for that one!

Oh and as far as drinking more water goes.........I am not happy!!!!!!!!! I am in the little girls room tons more and like 3 times a night! Being dehydrated on diet coke was MUCH easier LOL
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction
Ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
but take the step.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:52 PM   #128
Blabbermouth!!!

Had a good day in the garden! Was out there from 10 am till about 7 so a long day! We totally re-did the side yard last year and now I am moving everything I did that at our old house too. Shifted stuff around for the first few years until I was happy.....then we moved HA! This is a big project though! Will post pic when I am done.

So since I am really committing to weight loss. I decided to make meals a little special. I have been ebaying (is that a word? LOL) for fine china. I have a beautiful set but am always afraid to use it in case one of the kids breaks it! The pattern is discontinued now. I am buying just mismatched place settings so I don't care if one breaks it makes no difference! Got the first place setting in the mail today! DD9 likes the color blue and got a really pretty blue rose with silver trim set! Hoping it makes dinner a little more special and reminds me to eat quality food not quantity!
Old 05-18-2012, 03:38 PM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Thanks! Yeah, I read all 3 books in like 2 days...LOL. I don't think we'll be able to make it to the movies tonight though I think I'll just wait for it to come on demand, much cheaper that way anyway.

Wow, it does sound like a big project! I bet your yard will look great. I need your motivation to do something with ours...haha.

What a great idea for meals! I know what you mean, I'm afraid to use anything nice too. That's a good idea to look on ebay though.

Well, we are getting ready for our big "date night"! I've already resigned myself to eat good. Hopefully I can stick with the plan! I will check in with you all tomorrow, have a good night
Old 05-20-2012, 05:43 AM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Good morning,

Today is looking like a busy day, so I wanted to jump on here real quick before I forget! I'm down 1.5 this week, which I'm pretty happy with since we went out Friday and Saturday night.

How did you ladies do? Hope you are having a great weekend!
Old 05-20-2012, 06:09 AM   #131
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Good morning,

Today is looking like a busy day, so I wanted to jump on here real quick before I forget! I'm down 1.5 this week, which I'm pretty happy with since we went out Friday and Saturday night.

How did you ladies do? Hope you are having a great weekend!
Thats great!!!! It's great to see a loss but its especially great that you did it and were still able to live life ya know? You had a successful week and still were able to enjoy yourself!

What did you end up doing for date night anyway?????

Last edited by lotus33; 05-20-2012 at 06:18 AM..
Old 05-20-2012, 06:17 AM   #132
Blabbermouth!!!

Well I am down .5 is all. And I am not making this and excuse but I am making an excuse. I am really water logged so I am actually ok with .5 loss! My feet are so swollen today it hurt to get out of bed! All the yard work at my house then 6 hours on Friday at work and 7 hours Sat has made me retain tons. I feel like I went nuts at the gym! back at it today though. I need to get my yard done so I can get a truck of mulch next weekend.

Oh and the dishes came Still have to wash them but its so fun!!!!

Hope you guys have a great Sunday! Will check back in tonight!
Old 05-21-2012, 07:22 AM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Lotus, .5 is still great! I bet you will see a bigger drop this week as the water flushes out! I'm sorry you are in pain though Hope you feel better. Oh your dishes came, how fun!

We ended up going to Chili's, it was a lot of fun! It was funny because it was the first night out in who knows how long that it was just the two of us. What do we do? Talk about the kids all night...LOL.

How is the Diet Coke detox going? haha. I didn't do so good this weekend, but back on track today. I've enlisted DH to keep me on track too!
Old 05-21-2012, 09:52 AM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: iminit4me
Stats: 315/258/140
WOE: Atkins NANY/Exercise
Start Date: May 2010
On Board the Low Carb Express!

Hi everyone and congrats on all the success. I'm new (finished one week and lost 7 pounds) and am doing the weekly weigh-in on Monday mornings. I do all my posting from work (don't tell my boss ), so I'll be checking in then, but you'll see me often. I too get freaked by the ups and downs, so decided weekly was the way to go. I was afraid I derailed a bit with a few cocktails over the weekend, but I kept them low-carb and did OK. That was the only induction cheat I had, so I was pretty happy with myself - plus the fact that I lost weight. I can't wait for a month to go by and see if I'm in some smaller pants for the summer!! Wish me luck!!!
iminit4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:39 PM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iminit4me View Post
Hi everyone and congrats on all the success. I'm new (finished one week and lost 7 pounds) and am doing the weekly weigh-in on Monday mornings. I do all my posting from work (don't tell my boss ), so I'll be checking in then, but you'll see me often. I too get freaked by the ups and downs, so decided weekly was the way to go. I was afraid I derailed a bit with a few cocktails over the weekend, but I kept them low-carb and did OK. That was the only induction cheat I had, so I was pretty happy with myself - plus the fact that I lost weight. I can't wait for a month to go by and see if I'm in some smaller pants for the summer!! Wish me luck!!!

Great job on your first week! 7 pounds is great!

I have a smaller pair of jeans from a few years ago that I try on every couple of weeks to see if I can tell a difference. I hope to be wearing them in a few months as well!

Keep up the good work!
Old 05-21-2012, 03:30 PM   #136
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Lotus, .5 is still great! I bet you will see a bigger drop this week as the water flushes out! I'm sorry you are in pain though Hope you feel better. Oh your dishes came, how fun!

We ended up going to Chili's, it was a lot of fun! It was funny because it was the first night out in who knows how long that it was just the two of us. What do we do? Talk about the kids all night...LOL.

How is the Diet Coke detox going? haha. I didn't do so good this weekend, but back on track today. I've enlisted DH to keep me on track too!

We do the same thing! Its so pathetic! We went for dinner a week ago or so and went to an old dive of a place full of 70 year old couples and not a one of them was speaking a word. Just silently eating. Said something to DH and he was like well we hardly talk anymore either if its not about the kids Funny its only when we are out to dinner though. Otherwise we barely shut up!

Diet Coke detox is actually going really well! I am still having some but no headaches and its just the one in the morning so pretty soon....no more diet coke!!! Is you DH a big pop drinker? Mine is so we always just grab them. Stupid thing is we both really only like fountain pop and only from 7-11 so we get the 44 oz from there at least 2 per day so roughly between us its $7 times 7 days times 52 weeks we are about $2500 just in diet pop from there a year!!!!!!!!! How dumb!!!!
Old 05-21-2012, 03:32 PM   #137
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iminit4me View Post

to LCF!!!!

Isn't it great to see the loss! I get nuts too thats why I am doing weekly! My sister in law is dieting also she has done really well this year and dropped about 3 pant sizes .....guess who got her fat pants uhg!!!!!!!

Oh I just noticed your in Michigan....me too!!!!!!! Mid Michigan though

Last edited by lotus33; 05-21-2012 at 03:34 PM..
Old 05-21-2012, 03:33 PM   #138
Blabbermouth!!!

Rosehip............where are you???????
Old 05-22-2012, 04:51 AM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Rosehip............where are you???????
I'm back, I'm back!! And thank you for noticing...LOL

We finally got back after a 2.5 hour flight delay - but without one of our bags (grumble). Oh well, the bag that arrived with us was mine, so I really shouldn't complain

I am down 1.5 this week...pretty happy with that considering being out of my comfort zone for most of it.

I did exercise quite a bit and I think that made a big difference. Oh and I did not join BF for every single "social event" (read: "drinking event") or else I would probably be +10

Beachmom - Glad you had a nice night out with your DH! Fun!

Lotus, Beachmom is right re: the water. You will lose that in the next little bit and I bet you'll see a big difference.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:26 AM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Oh and iminit4me!!!

For my diet coke loving friends, something to share: it is crazy hot here (30+ degrees celsiuis...forgive me, I am Canadian and don't know the conversion, lol), so yesterday I made a ton of green tea and put it in a pitcher with some lime slices....DELICIOUS!!

You could add sweetener if you like but it is super refreshing on its own, too. A little boost of caffeine and so nice with the lime
Old 05-22-2012, 06:34 AM   #141
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

We finally got back after a 2.5 hour flight delay - but without one of our bags (grumble). Oh well, the bag that arrived with us was mine, so I really shouldn't complain

I am down 1.5 this week...pretty happy with that considering being out of my comfort zone for most of it.

Oh jeesh!! That stinks to lose a bag!!! It will probably turn up!

Awesome loss this week!!!!!!!!!! I think I read somewhere that flying makes you retain water so .........u did great!!!!

Quote:
Oh and iminit4me!!!

For my diet coke loving friends, something to share: it is crazy hot here (30+ degrees celsiuis...forgive me, I am Canadian and don't know the conversion, lol), so yesterday I made a ton of green tea and put it in a pitcher with some lime slices....DELICIOUS!!

You could add sweetener if you like but it is super refreshing on its own, too. A little boost of caffeine and so nice with the lime
Hmmmm......that sounds really good actually! Don't have any lemons or limes in the house but will pick some up! I am willing to try anything once LOL
Old 05-22-2012, 06:36 AM   #142
Blabbermouth!!!

I am sooooo bad about eating breakfast! Yesterday it was 1:30 before I ate anything!

Gotta work on that!!!

Have the next 2 days off staying around the house working though. The guys are going to be here either today or tomorrow to install the pool
Old 05-22-2012, 09:32 AM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Rosehip, that stinks about the bag. Hope it turns up soon. Great job this week, 1.5 is wonderful!

Lotus...ahh i'm so jealous you are getting a pool!! That's awesome!

Today I'm cleaning and working on school stuff. Exciting, I know...LOL. Hope you all have a great day, I'll try to check in later!
Old 05-23-2012, 01:19 PM   #144
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi gals!!!!

Whats everyone up to today???

Pool turned into a big mess! They had a bunch of call offs today and I think tried instead of cancelling jobs they spread the help too thin and then nothing was done right.....so I have a sand pile and no pool
Old 05-23-2012, 05:50 PM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Hi all!

Lotus that is too bad about your pool! We are in major house renovations so I feel your pain!

Today is not my day. I am just way too stressed out right now. Honestly, the only thing I feel like I have had control over the past couple of days is what I am eating - so thank goodness for that.

Still waiting on hearing from my 2 interviews last week and I nearly drove myself nuts today! Oh well, I have to be patient. Just have had a really brutal year...I will spare you the sad story but let's just say I am waiting to celebrate some kind of happy event...I'll take anything lol...

We have house guests coming this weekend but it's ok because I have my LC menu pretty much planned (lots of bbq). Looking forward to a quiet week next week (fingers crossed)...

Ok that is my long rant for the day....phew...feels better

Hope you are all well...!!
Old 05-23-2012, 06:19 PM   #146
Blabbermouth!!!

Rant away girl! Nobody minds here!!!

Have you called to check on the progress of the interviews? We only hire 1 person for summer help where I work but the ones that check in we always put on the short list for showing initiative.

Ooohh....nothing like houseguests with a reno going on!!!! What ya working on these days???
Old 05-23-2012, 06:32 PM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Rant away girl! Nobody minds here!!!
You gals are the best!!

I have contacted both companies but I admit it was only last night - and it is right after a long weekend so still more waiting. One of the jobs I actually would really rather NOT take...so fingers crossed for the second one

Hmm...renos...well let me just say we bought a 90 year old house which, according to the newspapers we found in our walls, was last reno'd in 1966!!! I wish I could share with you the photos of when we bought it - as one of my friends put it: "The carpet and the wallpapers look like they came from the Ugly Store clearance bin!"

Truly we are gutting the whole house and restoring it. It is a huge 3-storey, 5 bdrm house. LOL.

Right now bf is working on the first floor and his dad is here helping. Hoping to have a real kitchen installed by the end of the summer (we have cabinets and all that jazz, in their boxes, just waiting on the structual cr*p).

I have pretty much stopped worrying about what guests think of their 'eclectic surroundings'. I remind myself of the Bridget Jones' Diary book/movie scene where Bridget invites her friends over for "Gourmet food in a bohemian setting...!" oh my
Old 05-23-2012, 06:55 PM   #148
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
"The carpet and the wallpapers look like they came from the Ugly Store clearance bin!"

Oh I wish you had before pics!!!! Crazy what used to be in style!!!! Thats a HUGE house!!!!! are you flipping it or keeping???

Well I'm crossing my fingers you get the job you want!!!

I took a pic of the soup bowls that I ordered for some of my pretty dishes LOL Notice the size! They are mini! Talk about distorted portion sizes now! The white bowl is not even large by todays standards!
bowl.jpg
Old 05-23-2012, 07:00 PM   #149
Blabbermouth!!!

I posted pic of my new rose in another thread but thought I would share with you gals too His name is Joe isnt he purdy???

rose.jpg
Old 05-23-2012, 07:04 PM   #150
Senior LCF Member

I have photos...will have to find some choice ones to upload for your entertainment!!

Your dishes are super pretty, what a nice treat for yourself! I may have to buy myself a "congratulations" coffee mug once/when/if I am employed again!

Yes it is a huge house...oh BF...he loves projects!! We are keeping it so far...the neighbourhood just had a $32mil. makeover and there are lots of young families now so hopefully we will not move for another few years... or more!