Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2012, 08:05 AM   #91
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14
Ok here are my plans. I am going to do it quick like a band aide this time and just do them even though I promised myself I was not going to be crazy

Do you ever feel like you want to lose weight but your almost afraid to fail or like you just don't want it bad enough??? Its like I have been training for this day for years and now its time! No more watching exercise DVD's, no more reading about diets, no more "I will start on Monday" and end by Wednesday's, no more being jealous of people who have the courage to do it! I want to be the one who is happy and not hiding from people! Dang it!!!!! If I had lost just 1/4lb every week from the time I thought I started till now I would be one hot mama! LOL

1. eating plan-no white
I will eat carbs from fruits though

2. walk 1/2 hour every day

3. lift weights 2x per week

4. drink at least 2 waters (gotta start somewhere LOL)

5. take vitamins everyday

6. get 8 hours of sleep every night

7. eat breakfast

8. try to destress

9. weigh in on Sundays

10. Check in everyday with you gals!!!!!

Ok I think thats all Yikes!
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction
Ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
but take the step.
lotus33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2012, 11:24 AM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: beachmom3
Stats: 5'8 200/187.2/140
WOE: LCHF
Oooh glitter and stickers!! I like that, might have to add that to my chart Mine is nothing fancy...haha. I wish I could figure out how to post a picture. Basically each morning after I weigh, I "X" out the previous day and write my new weight in that day's box (hopefully that made sense!). Then I have a "total" column at the end and write out the total pounds lost for that week. I did it when I started, so I'm at about -11 pounds. I think it might have been more if I didn't cheat so much last week. ugh.

Lotus, I know exactly what you mean! I set out in January to lose weight. I kept saying that I'd start Monday. Well I would last a day or two max and then say 'Forget it, I'll start next week" or "February 1st". It just kept going and going. Finally April rolls around and I'm still weighing the same and not fitting into my pre-pregnancy clothes. I did Atkins in 2003 and lost 30 pounds before my wedding, so I knew it worked. It took a few days to really get going, but so far so good! Just trying to take it day by day.

I love #4 on your list. I am sooo bad about drinking water. I'm a Coke-Zero-o-holic (if that is a word...lol). I just need to stop buying it!

Checking in with you ladies is really helping me stay accountable too! Hope you all have a good day.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:06 PM   #93
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh I am diet-coke-o-holic! I probably drink about 100oz a day

Bought cans this time limiting to 1 can in morning and 1 in afternoon along with lots of drugs to fend off the horrific headache that comes along with diet coke detox! I have gone cold turkey before but it hurts! I bought that MIO to put in my water to start, its really good!!! holy crap! Did I just say water was good!!! Maybe there is hope yet!

So what made you just finally stick to it????
Old 05-12-2012, 01:31 PM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Diet coke detox is the worst! Okay, you are inspiring me to cut back. (I did in the beginning but picked it right back up). One in the morning and one in the afternoon doesn't sound too bad. I haven't tried MIO, but I've seen it at the stores. I've been getting the Crystal Light Energy packets. It's pretty good and definitely gives me a good pick-me-up in the afternoon. I'm just limiting myself to 1 a day. Why does this have to be so hard...LOL. Okay, I can do this. Water is good...

Oh, to answer your question about sticking to it. I think I just got to the point where I was sick of feeling the way I did. I knew what I had to do and just needed to give myself a kick in the butt and do it. (Still need to do that every now and again...LOL). I'm just realizing that I have to take it day by day. I get too overwhelmed thinking about all the weight I want to lose to make my end goal. I like having mini goals, it helps keep me motivated. Like lose 2 pounds this week or walk 2 miles a day etc... Ugh...can't there just be a magic pill
beachmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:04 AM   #95
Blabbermouth!!!

Thats where I am too, I hurt every morning. So this wedding is just great motivation for me I have to do this!

Try the MIO, it seems expensive but you only need a little squirt!

Well cheers to us! Cutting back to 2 cokes a day habit!!!!
Old 05-13-2012, 08:05 AM   #96
Blabbermouth!!!

drumroll please.........

down 1.5!

which I will totally take since technically we started a few days late!
Old 05-13-2012, 10:29 AM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus33 View Post
drumroll please.........

down 1.5!

which I will totally take since technically we started a few days late!
That is awesome!!! Great job!

I am down 2 pounds this week! Aiming for 2 next week.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:06 PM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rosehip
Stats: 217/194.5/145 - 5'10"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: LC Jan 2012/ JUDDD May 2012
YAY! Great job both of you!!

I was down 0.5 this morning....but honestly I will take it as we were out with visiting friends drinking wine...I really think it's a miracle I did not gain LOL

I'm aiming for 2lbs this week too...we'll see how the exercising pays off

Oh and I am a former diet coke junkie. I gave it up (and all sweeteners except stevia) in 2010 because sweeteners give me headaches - especially splenda (instant migraine).

I am waiting patiently for them to make a diet coke with stevia

Happy Mother's day!
rosehip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:41 PM   #99
Blabbermouth!!!

WOW!!!

you guys did great this week!!

yeah beachmom! you made the goal!!!!

woohooo rosehip! You lost and had a good time with friends!!!

Heres to 6 lbs between us gone forever this week girls!
Old 05-14-2012, 05:00 AM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Oh and we are going on a mini trip this week - BF has business meetings in Halifax, NS (we live in Ottawa, ON) so we are flying there on Wednesday until Monday. I won't have to a scale so I will have to cheat and weigh in on Tuesday morning...!

I completely agree with you, Lotus, on mini goals! I think I felt a change for the better when I stopped thinking about my goal weight and started getting excited over every pound. That is to say, I now think more about losing the next pound and seeing the scale shift instead of thinking about my goal, how far away it seems, and so on...

Plus my BF is very supportive - just wants me to be happy and healthy - and I told him it is hard enough to commit and go on the journey of losing under regular circumstances and that I don't want to feel like I ever have to do a bridal diet when the time comes (friend doing that now and it is NOT going well, she feels horrible/anxious, etc). So I am doing the losing weight/changing eating habits now so I will be better prepared when "the time" arrives....ok I am nuts...what can I say??

My plan for this week (and every following week):

1. Exercise for 60 minutes at least 4x this week (our hotel has a gym & pool also)

2. Drink at least 2L of water per day

3. Sleep more!

4. Do not get pulled in to every social function of BF's coworkers (they really love to let loose) - it will hamper any progress

5. Check in as often as I can with you gals!

Last edited by rosehip; 05-14-2012 at 05:47 AM..
Old 05-14-2012, 10:47 AM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Great job Rosehip!! Hope you have fun on your mini trip this week!

My goals this week:

1. Drink at least 2 plain bottles of water a day (trying to cut back on the artifical sweeteners..ugh!)

2. Walk 30 mins everyday.

3. Check in with you ladies everyday!
Old 05-14-2012, 11:00 AM   #102
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: annie2012
Stats: 181/175/141
Start Date: 6/23/12
I will weigh in on Sunday with you. I weigh around 180, but need to weigh for exact weight.
annie2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:54 PM   #103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: 243/228/MG-213 lbs.
WOE: Low Carb/Exercise/Whatever else will work for me
Start Date: Monday
Quote:
Ok here are my plans. I am going to do it quick like a band aide this time and just do them even though I promised myself I was not going to be crazy

Do you ever feel like you want to lose weight but your almost afraid to fail or like you just don't want it bad enough??? Its like I have been training for this day for years and now its time! No more watching exercise DVD's, no more reading about diets, no more "I will start on Monday" and end by Wednesday's, no more being jealous of people who have the courage to do it! I want to be the one who is happy and not hiding from people! Dang it!!!!! If I had lost just 1/4lb every week from the time I thought I started till now I would be one hot mama! LOL

1. eating plan-no white
I will eat carbs from fruits though

2. walk 1/2 hour every day

3. lift weights 2x per week

4. drink at least 2 waters (gotta start somewhere LOL)

5. take vitamins everyday

6. get 8 hours of sleep every night

7. eat breakfast

8. try to destress

9. weigh in on Sundays

10. Check in everyday with you gals!!!!!

Ok I think thats all Yikes!
Hey Lo, I said I would hunt you down like a dog and I am here to tell you that YOU can do this! One day at a time little lady and you will be where you need to be.

BTW- What has motivated me is that I am sick and tired that I am sick and tired. Oh and being a Diabetic certainly is a motivating factor.

Last edited by MagieDen; 05-14-2012 at 12:56 PM..
MagieDen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:28 PM   #104
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosehip View Post
Oh and we are going on a mini trip this week - BF has business meetings in Halifax, NS (we live in Ottawa, ON) so we are flying there on Wednesday until Monday. I won't have to a scale so I will have to cheat and weigh in on Tuesday morning...!

I completely agree with you, Lotus, on mini goals! I think I felt a change for the better when I stopped thinking about my goal weight and started getting excited over every pound. That is to say, I now think more about losing the next pound and seeing the scale shift instead of thinking about my goal, how far away it seems, and so on...

Plus my BF is very supportive - just wants me to be happy and healthy - and I told him it is hard enough to commit and go on the journey of losing under regular circumstances and that I don't want to feel like I ever have to do a bridal diet when the time comes (friend doing that now and it is NOT going well, she feels horrible/anxious, etc). So I am doing the losing weight/changing eating habits now so I will be better prepared when "the time" arrives....ok I am nuts...what can I say??

My plan for this week (and every following week):

1. Exercise for 60 minutes at least 4x this week (our hotel has a gym & pool also)

2. Drink at least 2L of water per day

3. Sleep more!

4. Do not get pulled in to every social function of BF's coworkers (they really love to let loose) - it will hamper any progress

5. Check in as often as I can with you gals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmom3 View Post
Great job Rosehip!! Hope you have fun on your mini trip this week!

My goals this week:

1. Drink at least 2 plain bottles of water a day (trying to cut back on the artifical sweeteners..ugh!)

2. Walk 30 mins everyday.

3. Check in with you ladies everyday!

I am so glad you guys are doing this with me!!!! Great goals both of you!!

Rosehip~have a great trip! Hope you have some fun scheduled in!!!

My DH is supportive but I don't want to talk to him about it. He is more a football coach mentality ya know? If I asked him to help he would be planning drills and yelling and whatever motivates sports guys! LOL Not a good plan for motivating a wife!

I agree it is soooo hard to stay on plan when you have to socialize a lot in a eating or drinking sort of setting! Thats why I try to just entertain at my house

Beachmom~ how did you do today so far??? I have only had 1 DC today and 2 yes 2 waters! No headaches today but my back does hurt, think I need to see the chiropractor I feel out of whack LOL.....in more ways than one!

I am taking my mom out for mothers day dinner tonight then I am planting the front yard baskets with flowers. Will get my walk in tonight though!
Old 05-14-2012, 01:29 PM   #105
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie2012 View Post
I will weigh in on Sunday with you. I weigh around 180, but need to weigh for exact weight.

Hi!!! Jump right in!

oh and to LCF's!!!!
Old 05-14-2012, 01:32 PM   #106
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Hey Lo, I said I would hunt you down like a dog and I am here to tell you that YOU can do this! One day at a time little lady and you will be where you need to be.

BTW- What has motivated me is that I am sick and tired that I am sick and tired. Oh and being a Diabetic certainly is a motivating factor.

Hey Mags!!!! Whats going on lady?!? Well besides your a crazy stalker

Thanks for stopping in though! I am going to do this I have been dress shopping for motivation! Just online. I need to go and try them on in the store that is motivation! Wanna look great in a dress at that wedding!!!!
Old 05-14-2012, 01:38 PM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Hi!!! Jump right in!

oh and to LCF's!!!!
Welcome, Annie!!

I walked for about 1.5 hours today with my friend and her adorable baby. I'm going to count that as my exercise

Lots of fun planned for the trip - it's on the east coast so lots and lots of fresh seafood. I can't wait!

Beachmom, you can do it!
Old 05-14-2012, 02:30 PM   #108
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: 243/228/MG-213 lbs.
WOE: Low Carb/Exercise/Whatever else will work for me
Start Date: Monday
Quote:
Hey Mags!!!! Whats going on lady?!? Well besides your a crazy stalker

Thanks for stopping in though! I am going to do this I have been dress shopping for motivation! Just online. I need to go and try them on in the store that is motivation! Wanna look great in a dress at that wedding!!!!
Doing okay, walking still and doing another diet that is LC as well. I know you will look wonderful in that dress Lo, you sound sooo determined and I am here rooting you on all the way!!!

Yes, I am a crazy stalker! Just checking on you Lo and wishing you the best!

MagieDen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:34 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

I did okay yesterday. Honestly it was kind of a blur. I got a really bad headache in the afternoon that turned into a migraine. I'm finally starting to feel a little better now. I only get migraines 2 or 3 times a year, thankfully. Holy cow though, this had me down for most of yesterday and this morning.

I've only had 1 diet coke today, which is really good for me...LOL. I already had 1 bottle of water. So far, so good! How is your progress today?
Old 05-15-2012, 02:24 PM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmom3 View Post
I did okay yesterday. Honestly it was kind of a blur. I got a really bad headache in the afternoon that turned into a migraine. I'm finally starting to feel a little better now. I only get migraines 2 or 3 times a year, thankfully. Holy cow though, this had me down for most of yesterday and this morning.

I've only had 1 diet coke today, which is really good for me...LOL. I already had 1 bottle of water. So far, so good! How is your progress today?
Ack! Hope your migraine leaves you alone. I know the feeling and it is definitely a bad one.

I had a really good day and I'm seeing some movement on the job hunting front, it's been encouraging. And I am making shrimp salsa for supper and have been excited about it all day, lol.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:46 PM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Thank you! I'm finally feeling back to myself tonight.

Oh that's such good news! I hope you hear something soon about a job!

Oooh shrimp salsa sounds good...a lot better than my boring chicken, lol. I really need to get more creative with my meals. I'm starting to burn out on my usuals. I was looking at the recipe section tonight and found a few I want to try. We'll see how that goes!
Old 05-15-2012, 05:12 PM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Beachmom, I have also been blogging my low carb meals (with the carb-y variation for my BF included) - see my signature block for link and photos. The shrimp salsa was actually super easy and very fresh tasting. It would be a good dip to bring to a summer BBQ, I think, because it would be one guaranteed LC thing!

Let me know if you try anything you really love... because then I want to try it too! I am always looking for new recipes to rotate - esp since I am allergic to eggs so a lot of low carb favorites are off the menu for me.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:50 PM   #113
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi gals!!!!

Had a busy day today! went into work for an hour was all to catch up on yesterdays craziness! The went to lunch with MIL and off to the nursery plant shopping! Got a beautiful climbing rose Then worked in the yard from 1 till 8:30 Did not walk but was doing lots of physical stuff today!

Here is what it will look like all grown up

joe.jpg
Old 05-15-2012, 07:06 PM   #114
Blabbermouth!!!

beachmom- great job on only 1 pop!!! But......do you think that gave you the migraine??? I hope not!

I had two today and.....3 waters!!! Whoot!! LOL I am the same way with recipes. I make like the same 4 things LOL We actually eat a lot of beef though. I buy a 1/4 of a cow at a time. I just ordered some it is at the butcher right now. It is soo good! I can't even stomach butcher shop meat anymore!

rosehip-oh my! I have to go to your blog! I'm on the fence on the shrimp salsa....I have to see the recipe first LOL

It would be really hard to be allergic to eggs on low carb!

So what sort of job are you hunting for???
Old 05-15-2012, 07:30 PM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Rosehip, your blog is amazing! I love the pictures. The cod chowder with bacon and fresh dill looks wonderful. I definitely want to try that!

Lotus, I did think of that. I'm also thinking that it's because I've been consuming more artificial sweeteners since starting to eat low carb (s/f jello, crystal light, s/f chocolate, on top of the Coke Zero ) Okay, I'm adding to my list for this week to cut waaaaay back on artificial sweeteners. Eek.

Oh and I love the picture of the roses, I bet that will be beautiful!

Last edited by beachmom3; 05-15-2012 at 07:40 PM..
Old 05-15-2012, 07:41 PM   #116
Senior LCF Member

oops...forgot to say that I edited my last post for some typos, sorry!
Old 05-16-2012, 04:37 AM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
beachmom- great job on only 1 pop!!! But......do you think that gave you the migraine??? I hope not!

I had two today and.....3 waters!!! Whoot!! LOL I am the same way with recipes. I make like the same 4 things LOL We actually eat a lot of beef though. I buy a 1/4 of a cow at a time. I just ordered some it is at the butcher right now. It is soo good! I can't even stomach butcher shop meat anymore!

rosehip-oh my! I have to go to your blog! I'm on the fence on the shrimp salsa....I have to see the recipe first LOL

It would be really hard to be allergic to eggs on low carb!

So what sort of job are you hunting for???
Your climbing rose looks so beautiful! We have such a tiny garden and bf is borderline obsessed with packing it full of plants and shrubs!

Having a great butcher is the BEST, isn't it? Friends of ours bought 1/2 a cow for just the two of them and she is always telling me a) how good the beef is and b) how they have so much beef it's unreal....makes my mouth water.

And yes, being allergic to eggs is no fun. Especially since I love eggs! I am hoping to grow out of the allergy...*wishful thinking*

Quote:
Rosehip, your blog is amazing! I love the pictures. The cod chowder with bacon and fresh dill looks wonderful. I definitely want to try that!

Lotus, I did think of that. I'm also thinking that it's because I've been consuming more artificial sweeteners since starting to eat low carb (s/f jello, crystal light, s/f chocolate, on top of the Coke Zero ) Okay, I'm adding to my list for this week to cut waaaaay back on artificial sweeteners. Eek.

Oh and I love the picture of the roses, I bet that will be beautiful!
Thank you so much, beachmom! I am still a new blogger...and definitely new to photography...learning as I go! Bf is actually the photog in our house but I have 'borrowed' his camera for blog things...want to teach myself because he does not have the patience to photograph something before he eats it, lol!

The cod chowder is really delicious - and fancy enough for company. Let me know if you end up trying it!

Another job interview this morning, so we shall see! So far it's mostly communications jobs I am looking for. Our city is pretty bad right now job-market wise because the federal government in Canada just cut 19,000+ jobs. And we live in Canada's capital....I remain optimistic though!
Old 05-16-2012, 07:55 AM   #118
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok am I stupid? I did not see that recipe for shrimp salsa on there

But I did find this...... Its so true and yet so sad.... I love you diet coke but sadly we must part ways soon

cokeaddict-140x3002.jpg
Old 05-16-2012, 07:57 AM   #119
Blabbermouth!!!

BTW

good luck.jpg

on the interview!!!!!
Old 05-16-2012, 09:17 AM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Ok am I stupid? I did not see that recipe for shrimp salsa on there

But I did find this...... Its so true and yet so sad.... I love you diet coke but sadly we must part ways soon

Attachment 44431
Not at all!! Shrimp salsa is still in my rough drafts! Sorry, haha..I should have said that. I only made it last night and still have to upload the photos, etc. Should be up tomorrow!

Yeah...the dangers of diet soda. Sigh! I tell you, I am waiting for diet coke with stevia...surely it's just a matter of time