Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 01:41 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rosehip
Stats: 217/194.5/145 - 5'10"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: LC Jan 2012/ JUDDD May 2012
You gals make me want to have kids...I am serious! A little soon for us yet, we are renovating a 90-year old house right now, but someday...

SIL is great - she is a little freaked out by pregnancy weight gain though and I don't blame her. She hasn't gained a lot, just that she worked so hard to maintain over the past 2-3 years and she says it feels like she is unravelling all her progress.

I am making the famous "crack slaw" for supper tonight for the first time.

Hope your Mondays were quick and painless!!
rosehip is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2012, 03:28 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: beachmom3
Stats: 5'8 200/187.2/140
WOE: LCHF
Thank you both! He did great. It was DH and I who were the scared ones...lol.

Aww...kids are so much fun! I won't lie, I miss my sleep...but they are worth it Lotus, you are so right! It is going by so fast. My oldest will be 8 this July, I can hardly believe it.

Crack slaw?! I haven't heard of that, but I am very intrigued! I'll have to look that up. With a name like that, it must be good!
beachmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:54 PM   #63
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosehip View Post
You gals make me want to have kids...I am serious! A little soon for us yet, we are renovating a 90-year old house right now, but someday...

SIL is great - she is a little freaked out by pregnancy weight gain though and I don't blame her. She hasn't gained a lot, just that she worked so hard to maintain over the past 2-3 years and she says it feels like she is unravelling all her progress.

I am making the famous "crack slaw" for supper tonight for the first time.

Hope your Mondays were quick and painless!!
Couple of things.....

1. how awesome to renovate an old house! Are you trying to stay true to the era or updating? Ours was built in 1935, its "cottagy" we are going for modern cottage I guess ...dunno LOL

2. um yes....gaining pregnancy weight SUCKS! I was not overweight when I got pregnant the first time and then was put on bed rest from 8 weeks on....so I gained like 60 lbs from just laying there. I was so huge but I didn't want to try to lose that much and then turn around to get pregnant all over again. I only gained 20 the second time but she was super preemie and I was so stressed that I gained another 20 This is how I found out I was a stress eater! I am not blaming the pregnancies as much as the stress. Its all good now though, but still plugging away at the weight!

3. how was the crack slaw?????

and finally.........I am sort of embarrassed to admit this but I nearly choked reading your post I was laughing so hard. I was reading too fast and thought you said hope your Monday was quick and pantiless WHAT???? I was like what a weird thing to wish someone
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction
Ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
but take the step.
lotus33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:56 PM   #64
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmom3 View Post
Thank you both! He did great. It was DH and I who were the scared ones...lol.

Aww...kids are so much fun! I won't lie, I miss my sleep...but they are worth it Lotus, you are so right! It is going by so fast. My oldest will be 8 this July, I can hardly believe it.

Crack slaw?! I haven't heard of that, but I am very intrigued! I'll have to look that up. With a name like that, it must be good!

So glad he was ok!!!! Super stressful when they are having something done isn't it?!?!

So is your oldest in 2nd grade then?
Old 05-01-2012, 04:50 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus33 View Post
Couple of things.....

1. how awesome to renovate an old house! Are you trying to stay true to the era or updating? Ours was built in 1935, its "cottagy" we are going for modern cottage I guess ...dunno LOL

2. um yes....gaining pregnancy weight SUCKS! I was not overweight when I got pregnant the first time and then was put on bed rest from 8 weeks on....so I gained like 60 lbs from just laying there. I was so huge but I didn't want to try to lose that much and then turn around to get pregnant all over again. I only gained 20 the second time but she was super preemie and I was so stressed that I gained another 20 This is how I found out I was a stress eater! I am not blaming the pregnancies as much as the stress. Its all good now though, but still plugging away at the weight!

3. how was the crack slaw?????

and finally.........I am sort of embarrassed to admit this but I nearly choked reading your post I was laughing so hard. I was reading too fast and thought you said hope your Monday was quick and pantiless WHAT???? I was like what a weird thing to wish someone
LOL!!! Mondays are not that exciting around here!!

We are "staying true" to the era and sort of doing a restoration. A full restoration. We live in "Little Italy" so the house has a lot of character (sometimes too much - eyeroll). I think you gals would pass out if you saw the photos of our crazy wallpaper. Still, it will be worth it and it's a beautiful area...more and more young families starting to come into the neighbourhood again.

Crack slaw was delicious! It is a pretty simple concept (cabbage + ground beef), jazzed up with soy sauce, ginger, garlic, hot peppers, etc. The recipe makes a ton so I don't know if I'll be calling it "Crack" slaw at the end of the batch...or something else haha.

Beachmom, glad you all did well at the dentist. I can only imagine what that does to your nerves!
Old 05-01-2012, 05:28 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Yeah, he is in 2nd grade this year. I can't believe it. My 4 year old is right at the cutoff for kindergarten, so I think we are going to let him go to preschool one more year and then start. I figure it can't hurt him to have the extra year before moving on.

That's funny about the wallpaper, but it sounds like a beautiful house. Oh wow, crack slaw does sound good. I will have to try that soon. I'm always looking for something to change up the routine I have going on. I am so not creative when it comes to cooking! I need to find a good low carb cook book.

Good news this morning, I finally went down a pound! I told DH I ate on plan yesterday so I fully expected to gain 4 pounds this morning (seems to be the trend the past week!) This is why I need to stop daily weighing
Old 05-01-2012, 05:33 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Woohoo beachmom! That is awesome! Nice motivation for the beginning of the week
Old 05-01-2012, 09:45 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Woohoo beachmom! That is awesome! Nice motivation for the beginning of the week
Thank you!! It certainly is good motivation!
Old 05-04-2012, 07:12 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Hoping to be down this Sunday but I must admit that my friend's 30th birthday party is Saturday night so I will be imbibing

Blah, ladies, what a week! I have done everything from helping friends move to baking a birthday cake (I have no interest in tasting it) - plus I am job hunting on top of all that...

I think I will enjoy some down time tonight. How are your weekends looking?
Old 05-04-2012, 04:18 PM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Wow, you are having quite the week. You definitely deserve that down time tonight! Oh man, I don't think I could bake a cake now. That would be my downfall I need your willpower!

Good luck on the job hunting. I will be doing the same in a few months as soon as I'm done with school. I'm taking classes online for medical transcription.

Saturday our church is having a huge yard sale, so I will probably stop by with the kids. Hopefully I can find some good deals. I'm trying to talk DH into taking a trip to the beach next weekend though!

Hope you all have a good weekend! Good luck Sunday, I'm dreading that weigh in...kinda had a cheat night But I'm back on track. I haven't stepped on a scale in 2 days though...lol. We'll see!
Old 05-05-2012, 05:45 PM   #71
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: weddingdieter
Stats: 135/122/112
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Sunday 15th April 2012
Update

Hi ladies!

Hope you are well! I didn't weigh in last week as it was TOM and I know how much the scales mess with you during that time.

I did weigh in today and I am down 4lbs during the last two weeks which brings me to a total of 13lbs lost in three weeks. I am pretty happy! Just need to persevere and get the rest off! Plus increase my gym attendance, I've been pretty slack on that front!

Looking forward to hearing about your progress today/tomorrow.

xoxoxox
weddingdieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:09 AM   #72
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weddingdieter View Post
Hi ladies!

Hope you are well! I didn't weigh in last week as it was TOM and I know how much the scales mess with you during that time.

I did weigh in today and I am down 4lbs during the last two weeks which brings me to a total of 13lbs lost in three weeks. I am pretty happy! Just need to persevere and get the rest off! Plus increase my gym attendance, I've been pretty slack on that front!

Looking forward to hearing about your progress today/tomorrow.

xoxoxox

Oh thats great!!
Old 05-06-2012, 06:11 AM   #73
Blabbermouth!!!

Just popping in for a quick stop....will check back in later. Tons going on but wanted to weigh.

Down 1 lb.......better than the last 2 weeks I guess LOL

Hope you all did better than me
Old 05-06-2012, 06:58 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Fantastic job weddingdieter and lotus!!!

I had a rocky week, but got back on track a few days ago. I didn't lose but didn't gain either. I definitely learned my lesson...lol.

Hope you all have a good day!
Old 05-06-2012, 11:26 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Good work, ladies!! All very positive.

Despite a few drinks last night, I was back down to 200 this morning! Finally lost those pounds from my cheat the weekend before...not to mention learned a lesson about avoiding cheats in the future

Hoping to bust into the 190s this week..

Cheers!
Old 05-08-2012, 05:38 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Good work, ladies!! All very positive.

Despite a few drinks last night, I was back down to 200 this morning! Finally lost those pounds from my cheat the weekend before...not to mention learned a lesson about avoiding cheats in the future

Hoping to bust into the 190s this week..

Cheers!
Yea!! Great job!

I know what you mean, I had another little "cheat" Sunday night. It was definitely not a good idea considering the week I had. That caused me to go back into the 200s I'm hoping this week to see the 190s again.

Hopefully we'll both have some good news on Sunday Have a good week everyone!
Old 05-08-2012, 09:29 AM   #77
Blabbermouth!!!

<<<< tough love

LOL We could all use some motivation this week! Its Tuesday.....lets all try for 2 lbs by Sunday!

I won't be on here much the next couple of days but will try to check in Thurs night. LETS DO THIS GIRLS!!!!
Old 05-08-2012, 10:20 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
<<<< tough love

LOL We could all use some motivation this week! Its Tuesday.....lets all try for 2 lbs by Sunday!

I won't be on here much the next couple of days but will try to check in Thurs night. LETS DO THIS GIRLS!!!!
This is why I love this group, I definitely need some tough love Okay, 2 pounds it is!! Good luck everyone!
Old 05-09-2012, 06:02 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

So right!! I need the tough love...I'll take mine extra-tough, please!!

I'm on board...2lbs by Sunday....gotta start drinking more water

BTW Beachmom....your new avatar is SOOOO CUTE!
Old 05-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #80
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

BTW Beachmom....your new avatar is SOOOO CUTE!
I agree!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-09-2012, 02:42 PM   #81
Blabbermouth!!!

So I am staying home tonight. My daughter got sick on her field trip today

I have a meeting that is 2 hrs away so I was going to go stay with my BIL since its 10 min from his house just to break up the day but will get up early and drive it tomorrow.

So............how goes it ladies?????

I did a ton of walking today on the field trip but was also sitting on my arse in the car for 2.5 hours! So just chillin right now then I will get up and do something. Might get on the gazelle for a bit. Need to start getting serious about this weight loss!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-09-2012, 07:09 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

^ All of that. Honestly I have been afraid to exercise because it makes me gain water weight. I know that is silly/crazy...I really need to hit the gym again. It's right on my street corner and also it gives you such a lift mentally. So more exercise, check! I am going to go tomorrow morning, I think, and start my day off on the right foot (no pun intended!).

Also, confession: I am meant to go out for Korean BBQ tomorrow with my BF and a dear old friend who is visiting. I know Korean BBQ means marinades for most of the meat...and in those marinades are sugar...I figure if I avoid the sauces as much as I can and order meats with less intense marinade, I should be ok...ish. It's not ideal but I will try and make the best of it.

Still, I am going to try to stay very very LC all day just in case. Plus I will order a side of lettuce wraps for my BBQ'd meats and kimchi
Old 05-10-2012, 04:45 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Thank you both!

Lotus- Oh no, hope your daughter feels better. Hey, all of that walking counts!

Rosehip - That happens to me too, usually when I've had a higher intensity workout (not that I do that too much..LOL).

As for me, I've been walking a lot. I had to stop Couch to 5K because of my knee (I tore my ACL in high school and it still gives my problems.)

Okay well I better get cracking, I need to catch up on laundry. I swear, if I get the tiniest bit behind the clothes pile up like Mt. Everest. Insane haha

Have a good day!
Old 05-10-2012, 06:54 PM   #84
Blabbermouth!!!

Rosehip~ LOL That is funny! I gain weight too when I exercise actually during and right after I get really swollen feet and hands. Hmmmm.......not sure if that is normal or not

Hope you enjoyed dinner!

beachmom~ sorry your knee hurts! You are ok to walk a little? I am so far behind on stuff around the house! Too much traveling this week! DH did like 5 loads of laundry today I need to take all day sat and catch up!
Old 05-10-2012, 07:04 PM   #85
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok gals.....

I need some help! DH is standing in a wedding and he just told me that the wedding is July 21st. he thought it was the end of August. Anyway I would love to lose 30 lbs. I told myself I was never setting stupid goals like that but it is a work wedding and I never go into his work because I am so embarrassed about how big I have gotten. So I am going to use it as motivation and really try. So I will need you guys!!!
Old 05-11-2012, 02:56 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member

You can totally do that! I know what you mean about setting goals, but you're right, it will be a really good motivator! Just keep thinking about how great you will feel at that wedding!

I know this sounds so cheesy, but I actually made myself a little chart and hung it on my wall. I mark off each day and then tally up the pounds I lost at the end of the week. It's kind of a nice visual to have, and when I'm tempted to cheat I can look at it and remind myself of how far I've come. I have it behind my bedroom door, I think I would be mortified if anyone saw it...haha. DH will take a peek every now and then and gets excited over my progress, which is nice to hear and keeps me going!
Old 05-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Rosehip~ LOL That is funny! I gain weight too when I exercise actually during and right after I get really swollen feet and hands. Hmmmm.......not sure if that is normal or not

Hope you enjoyed dinner!

beachmom~ sorry your knee hurts! You are ok to walk a little? I am so far behind on stuff around the house! Too much traveling this week! DH did like 5 loads of laundry today I need to take all day sat and catch up!
Thanks, yeah I'm good to walk. I think it was just extra pressure that I was putting on my knee by running. Hopefully after I lose some weight, I can pick it back up again!
Old 05-11-2012, 07:27 PM   #88
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmom3 View Post
You can totally do that! I know what you mean about setting goals, but you're right, it will be a really good motivator! Just keep thinking about how great you will feel at that wedding!

I know this sounds so cheesy, but I actually made myself a little chart and hung it on my wall. I mark off each day and then tally up the pounds I lost at the end of the week. It's kind of a nice visual to have, and when I'm tempted to cheat I can look at it and remind myself of how far I've come. I have it behind my bedroom door, I think I would be mortified if anyone saw it...haha. DH will take a peek every now and then and gets excited over my progress, which is nice to hear and keeps me going!

I just hate setting goals like that I feel like I am setting myself up for failure but I really need to do this!

I joined weight watchers at one time and they did a really cool thing, for every pound you lost they gave you paper clips to link together. It was a great visual! I think the chart is a great idea too! What is your total so far?
Old 05-12-2012, 07:29 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Lotus - I am with you...I am getting super frustrated with my 'hovering' weight and I really would like to lose some weight before we go to the Dominican Republic in July for our friends' wedding. And by some I mean 20-25lbs! At 8 weeks away, that means 2.5 lbs per week for me...can't be impossible, right?

I am eating very low carb and still not really losing much - I think drinking vodka (with club soda only!) might have done me in last night

Beachmom - I love the idea of your chart! Do you write your weight on each day or do you just write the loss? I had an exercise chart going for a while where I would put a sticker on each day of the month that I exercised...haha...I think my glittery sticker obsession might out-cheese you!

Ok ladies, I need to start exercise more. A lot more. Which is easy to do because I have been avoiding it as if it were cake and ice cream There might be some initial water weight gain but I have to look at the bigger picture, maybe...so that is my goal for the coming week...ramp up the exercise levels and hopefully the loses will follow!
Old 05-12-2012, 07:49 AM   #90
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Lotus - I am with you...I am getting super frustrated with my 'hovering' weight and I really would like to lose some weight before we go to the Dominican Republic in July for our friends' wedding. And by some I mean 20-25lbs! At 8 weeks away, that means 2.5 lbs per week for me...can't be impossible, right?

I am eating very low carb and still not really losing much - I think drinking vodka (with club soda only!) might have done me in last night

Beachmom - I love the idea of your chart! Do you write your weight on each day or do you just write the loss? I had an exercise chart going for a while where I would put a sticker on each day of the month that I exercised...haha...I think my glittery sticker obsession might out-cheese you!

Ok ladies, I need to start exercise more. A lot more. Which is easy to do because I have been avoiding it as if it were cake and ice cream There might be some initial water weight gain but I have to look at the bigger picture, maybe...so that is my goal for the coming week...ramp up the exercise levels and hopefully the loses will follow!
And we have a winner folks!!! Cheese queen!!!

Shhhh.....don't tell anyone....I like glittery things too

LOL