Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2012, 06:53 AM   #211
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.6/332.6/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 11/11/13
Good morning! Well, there is no way I can get comment on all of your posts, although I have read them all, so I'm starting from scratch.

Hi, my name is Marilee and I'd like to join your group

Tony, your will power was amazing. I wish I could say the same. I caved in to my stress demons and at pizza and ice cream.

BlondieBlue, it is way to hot here for just being April! We broke a record this weekend. Bummer!

Anywho, I won't bore you with the details, but the roof replacement is almost over. The demo was horrendous - non-stop banging, stomping and scraping for two days! This week they will lay the foam and then it will be done. The tar is on it now and that has to season for a while.

Then, next Monday morning, the drywall guy is coming to fix the ceiling in my den. After that, the painter will come and then I'm through!!!

I will take pictures of my patio area. I haven't done it yet for two reasons - roofing junk in the patio area and I wanted to wait for the plants to get a little mature so they weren't quite so small.

This Sunday I had to have the garage door repair man come out (thank goodness I have a home warranty plan). For some reason, it was opening by itself with no provocation, which is unsettling to say the least.

Anyway, I'm back to go weight wise. I hadn't weighed in two weeks but bit the bullet and got on the scale today. I actually thought it would be worse than it was. But, I'm back at it again.

Tonight I'll go to the grocery store and stock up no meat and veggies and eggs. I can't wait. I can tell the chemicals in my body are out of balance..yukky taste in my mouth...it's a dead giveaway.

Take care!!!!!

Marilee

Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2012, 09:36 AM   #212
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
marilee, it is always nice when you make the decision to get started and can do some shopping to fill the house with good, on-plan food...we're all trying to find and keep our mojo this spring, so we'll be leaning on each other...

abi, the one time we tried to swim in the gulf in biloxi, the water was swarming with jellyfish...i'm sure that was not a regular thing, but we were so disappointed as we had all changed into our bathing suits in the rv and were really ready for a dip...good luck in the basement today!

skipped breakfast and had a salad for lunch with evoo and acv...tomorrow is blood work day and next tuesday is my semi-annual doctor appt...i hate it!!!...will try to eat as light as possible today...

hope everyone has a great day!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 04-23-2012, 10:24 AM   #213
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
welcome back, Gibby

it IS great to begin again. Gets the juices flowing, so to speak. I am enjoying my lunch with y'all: chicken (or as i call it -COURAGEOUS)salad. I am hoping that I will NOT touch the tuna salad till tomorrow.Tonight, I am removing from the freezer my 6 pack of porkchops, but I am only defrosting 3 of them for my alla pizzaiola style p.c.s. AFTER the laundry is done. Still doing VLC until I get back to 2dorland. FF
Old 04-23-2012, 10:55 AM   #214

Tony, have u tried peanutbutter & jelly-fish?

look for the low carb/sugar free brands. While i am being stupid, i just realized that i am now satisfied with my lunch, and I put the tuna salad back in the fridge FOR TOMORROW. FF
Old 04-23-2012, 06:29 PM   #215
Major LCF Poster!

ff, a huge CONGRATS on saving the tuna...greenpeace will be sending you a letter of appreciation soon... :-)

had a good day...steak sandwich innards for dinner...since it was kinda fatty (and delish) i may put my blood test off til wednesday :-)
Old 04-23-2012, 06:51 PM   #216

here is a mystery:

i ordered over the phone, low carb bagels (Karbkrunchers/6 to 7 net grams per bagel). I do not have a credit card(nor do i want one). I got distracted, and never mailed the check. The package came today with no dunning notice. I will have to sort this one out. I may be a FERENGHI, but I was also a Boy Scout. Yes, I want to make a profit, but I do not want to cheat anybody. Besides, I will want to do business with them again. I will call them again before the week is out. The bagels are in the freezer (garlic and pumpernickel). FF
Old 04-24-2012, 03:46 AM   #217
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
When am I ever going to learn that most of my posts get lost and then I can't log back on to LCF again? I know it must be a problem with my computer. Thought I would chance it this morning and of course lost the site again. When you are an old dog it is hard to teach it new tricks. lol

Anyway, Marilee, hope you came home with a delicious selection from the store last night and looking forward to the patio pictures when everything looks perfect to you.

FF, you are such a good Boy Scout! What badge will you get for making it good with the bagel company?

Tony, we did have jelly fish occasionally in our back yard but as soon as someone said they got bit we were out of there! It was the sharks that gave me the creeps. There was an attack one year just about 300 yards from us. I would always tell the grandkids " don't go out too deep" but didn't want to scare them.

Painted the cellar stairs without painting myself in a corner or leaving myself stranded at the bottom step. It took some finaling but I did it!

Had egg salad, pot roast, and a green salad yesterday.

Hope you all have a wonderful tuesday!
Old 04-24-2012, 04:10 AM   #218

all morning long, i am reminding myself:

don't forget to take a bagel. don't forget to take a bagel. I forgot. Nothing goes better on a toasted bagel than tuna salad, or anything else for that matter. Once again, I was too tired to cook yesterday, so it was chinese once again. Total carb grams for the day was 5. That steamed (to cut down on sodium)shrimp and broccoli with the garlic was like eating ice cream and cake for the satisfaction factor. Also, I totalled 1 large and 1 small order of chinese ribs w/o bbq sauce. I did not even need the chinese mustard. Before curfew, i had 2 thin slices of muenster cheese. FF
Old 04-24-2012, 06:34 AM   #219
Major LCF Poster!

hey curfew buddy, nice job remembering the bagel - look at it this way: it will give you one more day's worth!

abi, where's my nickel?...ha ha ha!

nothing new to report...haven't eaten yet and will put off my bloodwork til tomorrow...gonna drink tons today and try to flush my body out before tomorrow...wonder what that will do to my numbers?...maybe i'll fast, but i don't think so!...
Old 04-24-2012, 10:27 AM   #220

just finished yesterday's tuna salad.

that took me all of 3 seconds. Tonight, I believe i shall be in a carnivorous mood. I will either get the chopped steak dinner, OR 3-4 cheeseburgers, and use 1 bagel to house at least 2 of them (the garlic one.). Yes, i most certainly am leaning toward the latter choice. I will get a container of chicken broth to ease the hunger. We have primary elections in the Northeast today. First, politics, then FOOD. FF
Old 04-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #221
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, I will write you an IOU. ha ha

FF, I have to stick notes on my car keys to remember stuff like that. Then I have to move the note to my dash board. I am pathetic in the remembering department. When I worked at the corrugated box plant I used to have little yellow sticky notes all around my computer. I would pull them off as I did whatever they said. One day I came in and someone had stuck a "Shoe" cartoon on the middle of my screen. He had stuck so many sticky notes on his computer it had fallen over. The office got a big laugh out of that one!
Old 04-25-2012, 03:43 AM   #222
Major LCF Poster!

Getting ready for another action packed day. We will work on scraping and painting the back porch today since it looks like it will be a dry morning. Have not looked at the weather report yet.

Had leftover pot roast, a big salad, a hamburger and then things went down hill. Should have gotten Tony's triumph of the craving post out.

Well today is another day. Let's hope for the best.

Hope all you Blitzers have a great Wednesday!
Old 04-25-2012, 04:13 AM   #223

i hve had too many apostasy episodes in the past to be

critical. I just want to be supportive. I can only say what a great feeling it is to enjoy ON-PLAN eats on a consistant basis...day after day, week after week, month after month (dare i hope for year after year?). Last night was a case in point. I postponed dinner till about 7:30pm. I ate exactly what i said I was gonna eat: see above. It was delicious, and satisfying. the fiber in that Karbkruncher bagel really helps. could I have eaten more? Of course. BUT, it was not the gnawing 'eating my bedding' sort of hunger. the only way I can feel completely full is to down so many calories, that zero carb or not, I will never lose a lb. this time I remembered to bring a bagel to work (which means no bagel tonight). It is a great way to spend 6-7 gr of digestible carbs. FF
Old 04-25-2012, 06:45 AM   #224
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Hey friends. I need a really big hug and good thoughts from you guys!
Old 04-25-2012, 08:51 AM   #225
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis19 View Post
Hey friends. I need a really big hug and good thoughts from you guys!

Good thoughts coming your way!!!!
Old 04-25-2012, 09:08 AM   #226
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BlondieBlue
Stats: 208.4/200.8/199
WOE: Atkins/Low Carb
Start Date: 1/3/2012- restarting 1/29/2013
Good morning everyone! Its cloudy here today, gives me NO motivation to work. desperately need a mental health day...

Ate a babybel cheese and a 5 hour energy for breakfast. no plan for lunch. feel like cooking dinner tonight, might have to search for some recipes...

Happy American Idol day!
Old 04-25-2012, 10:39 AM   #227

consider yourself hugged, Gibby!!!

I hope it helps. At this moment, i am toasting my low carb bagel, upon which i shall put some tuna salad on 1/2, with a slice of tomato, and chicken salad on the other half with a slice of tomato. to plug up the hole on each bagel 1/2, i used a thin cucumber slice. the other 2 were as garnishes. this is a fun way to eat. I am making 1 suffice, when in the not too distant past, i would sit down to a 1/2 dozen bagels (not low carb), sometimes with nothing inside them-just a STORGY(starch orgy). I just created that word. Tonight is a zero carb evening. I do not know what i am eating, but there's gonna be a lot of it (hopefully, if timed right)divided into 2 meals, the last mouthful of which will be consumed just before 21:00 hours. I also saved $4.00 by taking smaller amounts in the cafeteria. we have to weigh everything from the salad bar. Those mayo based salads are weighty. for a full small container of tuna, or chicken salad, it averaged to $3.00 for each container. today, the 1/2 cup each, plus the tomato and cuke slices came out to $2.86 all together. The troll saves latinum. Now if they only had an OOMOX table!!! FF
Old 04-25-2012, 10:42 AM   #228

pity u can't come over this evening, Blondieblue

I have a 6 pack of center cut porkchops that are screaminG EAT ME, EAT ME. I suppose they will stay frozen till the weekend. Bon appetit!! FF
Old 04-25-2012, 11:40 AM   #229
Major LCF Poster!

artemis, i wish i was there and could give you a real hug, but i'm sending good thoughts your way...lean on us, girl - you have inspired all of us to work harder at this and you are family...you are a strong, sweet young woman and we are privileged to know you...hang in there!

britt, you need a mental health day, alright!...lol...just teasing...cloudy means cooler, doesn't it???...

ff, i am so proud of you for doing so well this blitz...seems like you really have a handle on this right now...

abi, you're one good meal away from being right on track - you seem a bit down right now, but you really have done a good job of not straying too far...if you wanna feel better, hear this: i've gotta lose 20 lb.s to get back to where i was a year ago!...lol...so you are not doin' so bad, girl... :-)

hi marilee, i hope we don't have to wait for cacti to grow to see the photos of your patio - you know how slowly they grow?!...

good day so far:
b: hb egg white
l: salad with grilled chicken
d: ??????????????

weighed in at 223.4 yesterday which was disappointing but is not gonna deter me - i am still uber-motivated!...must be salt in some of the seasoning i am using...

let's have a great wednesday, kids!
Old 04-25-2012, 03:36 PM   #230

hugs to u Artemis as well

Sorry about the confusion, I was not yet awake. Hugs to everyone as well. how are things going Artemis, especially after detox? FF
Old 04-25-2012, 05:46 PM   #231
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kbeth
Stats: 5'4" 43yo 161/148/125
WOE: Paleo-esque
Start Date: April 2002/Restart April 2012
Hi!! I want to be like Gibby and start fresh!!

My name is kbeth and I was part of the original cast of the Blitzers. Like you, tony, I am 20lbs. up from this time last year. I just went off the deep end! I was a baking maniac. It was soo much fun...but here I am, weighing *almost* what I weighed when I checked into the hospital to have my son 6 years ago. Stiff joints, bloated face and wearing the same sweatpants every day because I refuse to invest $$ in clothes this size. But I sit here typing with a big ole smile on my face because I am making a fresh start!! Woo-hoo!!
So good to see you all again, and so proud of you for sticking with it! (and great to see some fresh faces as well!)

B: ground beef and broc
L: ground beef and carrots
S: Avacado and nuts
D: yogurt
<---Avatar Summer 2009. Soooo close to goal and then had a mad, passionate weekend with sugar. Let me be a lesson to you. Not sure you're strong enough to cheat and then get right back on plan?? Then don't do it!!
Old 04-26-2012, 01:44 AM   #232
Major LCF Poster!

Beth, we are so glad to see you here again. We have thought about you alot and missed you! So happy you are making a fresh start and know you will be feeling good again soon!

Artemis, I am sending you a big ol southern hug and a "Bless your heart" from up here in yankee land! Hope you have a terrific day!

Tony, yesterday was a pretty good day. I guess the secret is one bad day does not have to go to two bad days. And I'm sorry you have the 20 to get back to but your attitude is so positive and I am only 3 pounds from what I was for most of last year but 13 pounds from what I should be. It seems like it should be so easy but we all know it is not. Just have to keep on keeping on. If I wasn't here everyday I would be 20 pounds up as I have been many times over the years. I am so greatful for our group!

FF, you are so inventive with your sandwich creations. Who would have thought a cucumber slice would play such an important "roll" -lol

My sister and I got the back porch scraped and painted yesterday. One more coat today. Then we started on the kitchen. I left at 1 and my sister called at 4:15 to say she was just leaving. Then she was going to play golf at 5. So wish I had that kind of energy!

Had pot roast, a bubba burger, pork rinds and a big salad yesterday.

Have wonderful Thursday Blitzers!

Last edited by Abigale; 04-26-2012 at 01:48 AM..
Old 04-26-2012, 06:42 AM   #233
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!

Hi Beth! There's nothing wrong with starting fresh!

Unfortunately, my scale keeps creeping up-I've been eating right, but I'm getting "pay back" for the junk I ate. It will level off soon and I know some of it is water from too much high sodium foods.

Tony, I feel your angst.

All I can say is, if it wasn't for all of you on this thread, I would throw in the towel. You keep me faithful to the goal, even when I go off. You are good for accountability.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-26-2012, 08:01 AM   #234

welcome back, kbeth!!! i also had a surge of apostasy

the first 1/4 of 2012. we hope it is a thing of the past. we are moving on. In a manner of speaking, every morning that we are able to open our eyes, it is a new beginning. It is BECAUSE worlds hold on to their yesterdays, that their is all the bother that there is, on the individual level, the international level, and the interstellar level, & i must add the inter-dimensional level as well. So, best foot forward and carry on!!! I took off today. I was rubbing my eyes, and they began to swell. It is still itching something awful. I look a "sight", but I had to run some necessary errands. In a few minutes, I shall put on my classical music fm station, and lie down with an ice pack on my eyes. Later this evening, I shall call back to see what has been going on with us. Nice to see your face again, Kbeth. FF
Old 04-26-2012, 10:11 AM   #235
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BlondieBlue
Stats: 208.4/200.8/199
WOE: Atkins/Low Carb
Start Date: 1/3/2012- restarting 1/29/2013
Happy Thursday- weekend is so close! I haven't weighed in a bit, so i think i'll keep at it for a few more days and get a big surprise in next week. The pants are super loose. Almost unprofessional and sloppy looking. I'll take it!!!

Yes clouds mean a little cooler, and today- we have RAIN!!! Rain by AZ definition means a few bursts of sprinkling lasting 3-5 minutes, every few hours. but- I'll take it!
Old 04-26-2012, 10:27 AM   #236
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieBlue View Post
Yes clouds mean a little cooler, and today- we have RAIN!!! Rain by AZ definition means a few bursts of sprinkling lasting 3-5 minutes, every few hours. but- I'll take it!
Yep, it's lovely today here in the Southwest! And I don't have a leaky roof!!!!!!
Old 04-26-2012, 03:21 PM   #237

we have pulled out of our drought

we had some nice rain over the week. Tomorrow through Sunday should be clear, so I hope to be outside much of Sunday and after the Die Walkuere Metopera matinee on Sat. It begins at 11:am, so it should be over by 4 pm. The FAYGO chocolates sodas are due back on the shelves by Sat morning. So, I shall be there Sat late afternoon. I will do the walk up and down the 22 aisles of my SHOPRITE, until I am ready to collapse. I just got my Metformin, so I will have to add my b12 exponentially. It does have that 1 property which is to inhibit b12 absortion. Today, even with the swollen eyes, I consumed the large order of ribs from yesterday.That was about 12:30pm Also, about 1/2 hour ago I polished off 12 oz of roast beef. Instead of a bagel (which I just sent a check for-o what a good troll am I), I am opting for a House Special soup which is about 5 gr carbs. I do not eat the carrots oir the mini-corns, of course. That I will have about 8:30pm. My eyes are improved. I failed in my attempt for instantaneous muscle mass. I invited a priest to Gold's gym. I think I was laboring under a misapprehension. FF
Old 04-27-2012, 01:31 AM   #238
Major LCF Poster!

Where is Tony? Did I miss a post that he was going to be out of pocket yesterday? Hope all is ok Tony!

FF, is this eye swelling thing the first time it has happened? Alot of pollen out there right now. Hope they are back to normal today! You were a good Troll to send the check in for your free bagels. Maybe they wanted some good advertising that they are a generous and trusting company! Send out the bagels for free and wait patiently for the honest people to pay them. Have a good time walking all 22 aisles at Shoprite. Getting the chocolate Faygo as your reward will make it worth it.

Marilee and Britt, glad you had a heat reprieve yesterday with the rain. It makes everything seem so fresh.

Marilee, sure does make us appreciate a good roof doesn't it!

Britt, yea on the baggy pants! Love that feeling even better than a drop in the scale.

My sister and I gave the back porch another coat of paint yesterday and finished painting the kitchen. Pulled out the frig and cleaned under it and are working on the stove today.

Hope you all have a great day! Hope to hear from Beth again today!
Old 04-27-2012, 04:35 AM   #239

this allergic reaction occurs about once or twice a year

and more often before i grew out of my allergies. actually, i am not sure if it was allergy. all, i know is that my eyes were itching. It was either pour some rubbing alcohol in them, or start rubbing them. And that is when it started to happen. Mercifully, it is over. (I wanted to be RICH like a sonofab*&@%ch, not ITCH like one!)Now i ask the gods to get me through this day, so that i can enjoy the weekend. I am sure Tony is constructively busy, and whill chime in soon, won't you Tony. FF
Old 04-27-2012, 06:24 PM   #240
Major LCF Poster!

hey guys,
sorry i was missing in action - ff pegged it - i was busy and thought i posted yesterday!...wow!...

kbeth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...so good to see you, girl!...well, misery loves company, so let's lose those 20 lbs. together...how's the little one?...we've really missed you...welcome back!

britt, congrats on the baggy pants - if they fall down, grab a camera!... :-)

marilee, happy you now have a sound roof to stand under...have the contractors cleaned up and left the premises?...

where's vicki?

abi, you are a painting machine!...your mom would be so proud of all the work you girls are doing, although she might not recognize the house anymore!...how are you feeling?...

ff, i'm proud of you too, for demonstrating such honesty - i know how hard it can be for you to part with the latinum...lol...

i'm feeling great and eating well...have decided not weigh until tuesday, which will be may 1st...i'm thinking about starting an in-blitz 10-lb. challenge which will run between may 1 and june 30 (end of the blitz)...does anyone want to join me?...the goal will be to lose 10 lbs during that period and i will provide a prize to anyone who achieves the goal...let me know if you are "in"...if not, i'll do it alone and you guys can cheer me on :-)

today:
b: 1 hb egg white
l: skipped while the fam ate burgers and fries and lobster rolls from a takeout place in maine - that took some willpower kids!
d: all LC choices off a buffet
Closed Thread