Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2012, 11:38 AM   #181
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
Hillshire Farms makes a zero carb kielbasa.

it is lower in fat too, for those who care about such things. whenever Shoprite has it, i get it, sale or not. it is a 14 oz shlong, and the suggested portion size is 2 oz (or 1/7th of the shlong). I throw them in the freezer, then I forget i have it. Delicious by itself, or with eggs or with so many things. FF

Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2012, 11:44 AM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BlondieBlue
Stats: 208.4/200.8/199
WOE: Atkins/Low Carb
Start Date: 1/3/2012- restarting 1/29/2013
noms! Johnsonville has a few sausage lines that have lots of spices/cheeses/flair and they sounded good, but were WAY too salty. I couldn't enjoy one bite.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:11 PM   #183
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/218.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
hi jenny,
i just sent you another pm - your pm to me was blank except for a quote of my pm to you...LOL...we have the blind leading the blind here!
Old 04-18-2012, 05:26 PM   #184
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well, so far it has been another really good day...

had the hb egg white for breakfast, had a small bowl of homemade fresh fruit salad for lunch (cut up apple, pear, cantaloupe, honeydew, strawberries and blueberries) and had 1/2 of a small rotisserie chicken with eggplant parm and asparagus for dinner...there's still 90 minutes to curfew and if i get hungry i will either have some more chicken or some olives...

sarah comes home tomorrow night and i'm making her homemade marinara with sausage and meatballs and ravioli...i'll have some of the meat and maybe a couple of ravs if i'm really really good all day... :-)

britt, i know i'm a dummy, but what is "noms"?...

how is everyone doing today?...

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Last edited by tony8; 04-18-2012 at 05:27 PM..
Old 04-19-2012, 02:15 AM   #185
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Well since I will go broke having to pay Tony's 5 cent post retrieval fee I need to find a way to not lose my posts. lol So will try typing them somewhere else and copy and paste!

FF, we usually buy the Hillshire keilbasa too but ours has 3 grams of carbs. Will have to see if our grocery store has the 0 carb one. How are your dvd's still working on your computer? Good I hope!

Marilee, I hope all that banging on your roof has stopped now! We went through that aggravation from the time hurricane Ivan hit until well past hurricane Katrina hit. Workmen coming and going all day, they had pass keys so if you forgot to put your dead bolt on the condo door they would just walk in. I miss the view of the Gulf of Mexico but not the worry of hurricanes and tropical storms.

Tony, you need to package and sell that motivation you are having right now! I am thrilled you are doing so well this blitz! There is hope for us all!

Jenny, I don't understand how those pms work either. I don't know why it quotes what the person who wrote to you again in the box you are supposed to reply in? Let me know if you figure that one out. What kind of plan are you on right now and are you seeing some success?

Brett, I like the sound of your burger with ranch dressing powder and cheese. Is the cheese a sharp cheddar?

My hip has really been giving me fits the last few days. I was almost limping walking into the store after I got done painting yesterday. Last night it was just aching when I tried to get to sleep. And WOW, this morning alot of relief for some odd reason!! I will take it! It still hurts some but definately can stand it. Maybe the disc that I think may be affecting the sciatic nerve went back into place. But I will appreciate every minute today that is bearable!

Better not press my luck on this post! Have a wonderful Thursday all!
Old 04-19-2012, 05:05 AM   #186
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

drats, abi, no nickel this morning! :-)

if there is hope for me, there is hope for us all...i wish i knew the source of this this motivation and could leave a trail to find it again when i will undoubtedly need it in the future...

i think success breeds success, and if we can get ourselves beyond the first several really hard days, the way we feel helps keep us there...for instance, you remember how crappy i was feeling there for awhile, right?...since a few days after the start of this blitz, i feel so so so much better...and i know i am looking better too...my face looks thinner, my pants are not as tight (sorry girls...hahaha!), and the improvements are proving more addictive than the food...

the problem i had last time was that i hit a threshold at about 210 that i really looked pretty good and felt fit and trim...when i got to 202 (my 20-year low) i was tired of the restrictions and had a hard time seeing the benefit of continuing to lose to get to goal...of course, this was not a conscious decision, but my choices reflected that belief and in hindsight, i believe that is what kept me from reaching 1derland, and ultimately caused me to gain almost 24 lbs. back...

i am hoping that that experience, and the aversion to ever having to lose this same weight again, will be enough to keep me going this time...keep your fingers crossed!

this weekend will be a real challenge with all my kids home, but i feel very strong and confident about it...the 4-fork rule on planned deviation and limiting that to a few of times a week, seems to be working...i have two whole days i could eat off-plan, so 4 forks feels like restraint but satisfies my urge to taste certain things without making an impact on cravings...

so, that's my analysis - don't know how accurate it is, but it sounds reasonable, doesn't it? :-)

let's all have a great day!...be back in a bit...

Last edited by tony8; 04-19-2012 at 05:07 AM..
Old 04-19-2012, 05:11 AM   #187

my recurrent problem is that i am easily seduced....

by a pretty face, be it female, or a toasted bagel, or a well done baked potato with sour cream, etc etc etc. It is so easily for me to undo all the good I have done. Let us see what I can accomplish in 5 weeks and 2 days. FF
Old 04-19-2012, 06:27 AM   #188
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, i think we're all in the same boat...we go through periods of strength and weakness and hopefully, with support, we trend down and get to goal and stay there...this is a life-altering thing we are trying to accomplish here - not easy at all...BUT WE WILL DO IT!
Old 04-19-2012, 06:39 AM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Was able to get an entire hour of walking in last night and did not feel exhausted afterward, so I think my energy may be picking up a bit! Can't believe I am on Day 11! I slept really well last night but unfortunately had a dream about chocolate. I have got to stop dreaming about food!

Tony, sounds like you are on a roll with a side of slaw! Good luck with your eats this weekend with your kids here. I always struggle when I go home to see my family because there is always food around.

FF, we all struggle with temptation. I just try my best to plan my off-plan eating as much as possible rather than having sporadic goodies so that I can stay better on track.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:00 AM   #190
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

artemis, i am so impressed that you have been detoxing for 11 days...and i'm so happy that your energy level is up up up!...way to go strict-plan buddy!
Old 04-19-2012, 11:58 AM   #191

i am delighted for Artemis. Happy energy to you!!!

I am picking up my updated meds which includes levithyroxine to which an add'l 50 mcgs has been added. I hope that will put an end to the sluggishness I have been experiencing. that and the b12 should make me most annoyingly hyper- that is my goal. i sat in the garden of the institution for which i work. I forgot ALL ABOUT FOOD. I had my Greek grammar, and my seltzer, and the sun. I was tempted not to come back. but then, I would have an earlier retirement than i planned. Tonight is McD night. FF
Old 04-19-2012, 06:57 PM   #192
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

had another good night...4 ravioli was plenty and a couple of meatballs and a couple of sausages...hb egg white for breakfast, salad for lunch...just about at curfew and i'm done eating for the day...

hope everyone had a great day!
Old 04-20-2012, 03:04 AM   #193
Major LCF Poster!

No nickel today again Tony! Good going on keeping your tasting forkfulls to just 4. What a good idea! I read once that Dolly Parton would eat whatever she wanted but would only eat 2 bites at a time. She said if she wanted fried chicken she would eat the two bites and save the rest for another day. The article never said how many bites of different things she ate for a day but the idea always intrigued me.

FF, it would be wonderful to be annoyingly hyper. Hope the meds and the b12 do it for you. I try to get the caffeine to do it for me but usually there is a fine line between getting jazzed up enough to get alot done to feeling like I am going to have a heart attack from heart palpitations. lol

Artemis, give us an idea of what your detox consists of. Is it mainly juiced veggies and fruits? Do you eat any solid foods? Enquiring minds want to know.

Painted the dining room yesterday and my sister painted all the trim in living room white semi gloss. Against the off white walls it looks so pretty.

Today I am working by myself and will probably paint the front and back porch with gray floor paint. It may rain this weekend and I would like to get this done while the floors are super dry.

My eating is so so. Too much and no weight loss. Keep motivating me guys!

Have a terrific Friday all - it is Friday isn't it? I am losing track of the days here. lol
Old 04-20-2012, 05:40 AM   #194

i take 4 meds in the a.m.

the 200 mcg thyroid is just as tiny as the 150 mcg one. i do not think i actually took it. i thought i saw it fall from my hand, but i could not find it. i dare not take a second one, because it could get my heart working too fast. there is always coffee. all i want to do is sleep. My sleep patterns will normalize when i retire, and I do not have to get up in time to wake the rooster. In fact 6:am wake-up is what i call SLEEPING IN. Feb 18. 2013(the 1st Monday after the last day of work) cannot come quick enough. Tomorrow is the Metopera matinee of SIEGFRIED(from 11:am to about 4PM. I have so many Wagner Ring Cycles, on vinyl, CD, audio cassette and DVD, that i am just gonna make a pot of coffee, and listen. Oh, the SHOPRITE was out of FAYGO, so i got Canfields diet chocolate soda. ZERO sodium per 12 oz can, and even fudgier than FAYGO. With a can, of course u must commit to the full 12 oz, or it gets flat. with FAYGO, it is a plastic bottle, so I can put the cap back on, and save the rest for later. Well, enough blather for now. btw, Artemis, i am also interested to know what you eat or drink for a DETOX. Oh...IT'S FRIDAY!!! FF
Old 04-20-2012, 09:37 AM   #195
Senior LCF Member

Made it to day 12 woot woot! My weekend plans may have changed. My parents may or may not be coming and I may or may not be buying a new car! If they do come, it will be nearly impossible to stay on detox plan because we will most certainly be dining out. At which point I will give myself the weekend off and just try to eat as healthy and "clean" as possible and get back on track on Monday and possibly add a couple of extra days on the end to make up for the two days this weekend. If that turns out to be the case, I will weigh in the morning so that I can see my progress so far. Life happens, just gotta roll with the punches.
The particular detox I am following is plant-based and also requires no caffeine, sugar, other sweeteners (artificial or natural or anything), no chemicals (including preservatives, dyes, colorings, or any other chemical name), no flour, and you are only allowed water to drink. So it really forces you to read all of the ingredients on the label for everything you eat. I was so shocked when I went to get salsa, something I thought was safe...just tomatoes, peppers and onions, right? Wrong! I would say about 90% of them contained sugar and/or high fructose corn syrup and other added chemicals.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:55 AM   #196
Senior LCF Member

Holding strong at 191.0 this morning. I feel a woosh coming on. I definitely haven't been drinking enough water the last few days, so i'm on a mission today- bathroom visits every 30 minutes Going to have myself a fatty weekend (not cheating, just making sure i eat my fats). Every so often i feel myself slipping into too lean mode, and the fats are necessary. Bacon here I come! I feel like making some soup this weekend too. mmmmm... Vacation in 3 weeks!!!

B: 2 sausage patties
L: steak w. a liiiiiittle A1 (i could drink it, i love so much)
D: tuna melt and cheese, no bread. extra mayo.

Yes the cheese in the burgers is a cheddar. you can use whatever degree of sharp you enjoy, i'm a sucker for an extra sharp.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:15 PM   #197
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

great to see everyone hanging in there...was at 222.8 this morning, up .4 - i'm retaining fluid for some reason, but that's okay...just gotta keep doin' what i'm doin'...

artemis, that sounds like a good plan if your parents do make the trip...i forgot you didn't buy that new car several months ago...have you narrowed down the choices?...

ff, what time do you get up these days...i'm up around 5...

abi, congrats on all that painting - you are so much more disciplned than i am...i woulda been working on my tan this week!...

britt, NICE JOB holding onto that 191!...you must have been a VERY good girl this week after your weekend of fun :-) I'm betting you hit a new low in the next few days...

b: hb egg white
l: salad
d: baked chicken and roasted veggies
Old 04-20-2012, 04:39 PM   #198

i too circa 5 a.m. Tony

However, years ago, i snapped to it. Nowadays, I drag my tail. It looks as if I missed my window of opportunity for WRATH OF THE TITANS. The earliest showing is 6:55pm. I would not get home before 11PM. May the Gods forgive me. Otherwise, it will be a good weekend. Talk to y'all tomorrow. FF
Old 04-21-2012, 05:40 AM   #199
Major LCF Poster!

I have the same pound that I lose and gain about every other day. Just in a big stall and not getting revved up to losing the 5 I have put on. I do pretty well while working but then pig out when I get home. Going to Keene today to buy some linen to make some slacks for my trip to Missouri next month. I hate the thought that I may have to make them bigger than they should be. Maybe this will be the motivation I need. I can easily take them in if I need to.

Artemis, I liked how you described your detox. That is certainly a healthy way to eat all the time. If you found some salsa that filled the bill or made your own how would you use it? Enjoy your parents visit if the do make it and tell us all about your new car if you buy it!

Jenny, how are things going for you today?

Marilee, everything quiet and peaceful at your house this week?

Vicki, what's going on in your new life now?

Tony, sorry about the up .4. Yes, just some odd fluid retention thing going on. I have not worked on a tan since 2007 lol. That's when I used to work at The Beach Club on the gulf of Mexico and rode around on a golf cart all day. Of course the tan always ended at my sox so wearing sandels was weird looking.

FF, I could never stay up until 11 pm either. I too am not bouncing up early like i was. The dog wanted out at 3 this morning my used to be wake up time and it was all I could do to take her out. Did get back to sleep and was in the middle of a very vivid dream of being at a school where desserts were every where when Bama decided she needed to go at at 5:30. Now that is very late for me and I was still dragging. I didn't get into the desserts though.lol

Britt, I hope you got your woosh! I too am a firm believer that fats are good for us! Heavy cream, coconut oil and fatty ground beef are on my menu.

Got half of the porch floor painted yesterday, washed 3 sets of venetions blinds - slat by slat by slat, put blinds and washed curtains back up in living room. Much easier work now from all the sanding and painting ceilings.

Hope you all have a wonderful Saturday!

Last edited by Abigale; 04-21-2012 at 05:43 AM..
Old 04-21-2012, 05:57 AM   #200
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i faced an eating crisis last night...about a week ago, in anticipation of all the kids and company being here this weekend, i bought some ice cream, smartfood cheddar popcorn and tortilla chips and salsa...i felt strong enough to have them around...and i had been - not even tempted all week...

well, after dinner, at about 8 p.m. last night, they began calling to me...as strong an urge as i've had in two years...it was scary, and eye-opening at the same time...i watched myself go through all the usual justifications for indulging: i was allowed to eat off-plan 2 days a week, i hadn't been cheating at all, a little wouldn't hurt me, my body might benefit from a few more calories, i deserved a reward, denying myself might lead to a binge later, etc. etc. etc....

i had been here before so so so many times and when i get here it is always too late...i had to have some of this stuff and my goal would now be to limit the amount and the damage...there was no other way...i think mixed in, there was tinge of disappointment that i was being so good and gained .4 lbs. yesterday morning...

i thought of you guys, i thought of how i would feel this morning, i thought of all the yo-yo-ing, i thought of my blood work this coming week and the doctor's visit on may 1...none of it was enough...there was no doubt i had earned the right to cheat and i was going to do it...i walked into the kitchen and sampled all of it in my mind at least 10 times...

but for some reason, or combination of reasons, and i can't explain why, for the first time in 20 years, i did not physically move from the living room...it was surreal...i must have gotten up and sat back down 15 times over more than an hour...i didn't even know it was possible not to give in to a craving this strong...i had always given in before when it was this powerful...

as i sat there on the couch, realizing that no matter how hard i tried to justify it, something inside me was not going to allow my feet to carry my body into that kitchen, an absolutely amazing thing happened...after what was more than a 90-minute battle, instead of me giving in, the craving did!...it just disappeared!...when it happened, i thought it was a trick...sure, make me think the craving is gone so i enter the kitchen for a glass of water and then BAM!, i'll be face deep in ben and jerry's, right?...NO!...it was really gone...that overwhelming desire for ice cream and chips completely evaporated in an instant - it was shocking!...my will had defeated my craving - the worst craving ever...and i had an epiphany that i will never be able to forget: AS HARD AS IT IS, IT IS POSSIBLE...

it may sound stupid, but i realized i had no idea it was possible to make a different choice when i was in the position i was in last night...and now i do...and now you do...i feel so much better this morning and this payoff is so much satisfying than the one those foods would have provided last night - i know it and will remember it...

i love you guys, and will be back later...today is my annual lunch with my siblings in the north end of boston...i know i will make good low-carb choices and if i find myself craving a cannoli, i really don't have to have one!

Last edited by tony8; 04-21-2012 at 06:07 AM..
Old 04-21-2012, 07:04 AM   #201

Tony, that is a battle i have not CONSISTENTLY won.

I am so proud of u and happy for u. It will get easier for me, once i can spend my evenings outside. For now, i just have to go to bed hungry and miserable sometimes, whether i eat at 6 pm or 8:30pm. If it is not too cold where u are, maybe u could just jump in the pool for a few laps, or until u are tired enough to sleep (not in the pool of course). Obviously, if it was easy, we would all be at goal weight, and there would be no need for ANY diets whatsoever. Artermis, u are miraculous too. I CAN give up caffeine, but choose not too. I HAVE cut down on my caffeine consumption. but it is too SACRED for me to give up entirely.Imagine Alexander the Great or Julius Caesar on caffeine. They would most certainly have made it to Mars!!! FF
Old 04-21-2012, 07:17 AM   #202
Senior LCF Member

GREAT JOB TONY! I am so proud of you!

Ok, so I weighed this morning. After 12 days of detox, I lost the 5 lbs I gained over Easter weekend (I am sure fluid from eating holiday treats) plus another 2 for a total of 7. I had hoped for a bit more but I'll take it I guess. Parents are definitely coming so I will just try to do my best, make healthy choices, and get back on track on Monday. It just occurred to me this morning that when I first moved here, I was the heaviest I had been in a long time and since then have lost 17 lbs as of this morning. It's been slow progress, but since my body is in a weight range that it feels comfortable, so pushing it to lose is hard.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:27 AM   #203
Senior LCF Member

Wow Tony- way to stay strong!!!

I didn't weigh this morning, but i'm feeling very light and buoyant! Heading to the store today for baconmeats, babybels, and cucumbers. Also craving buffalo wings. or- buffalo sauce rather. I get mad joneses for vinegary things from time to time. for about the last year and a half- i can't get enough buffalo sauce. Also need to buy more SF Torani syrup. I like vanilla for coffee and coconut for italian sodas.

It's supposed to reach 100 degrees today i think. this means you'll find me in the backyard with the misters blasting, and trying to keep my phone and kindle dry. I hope there is at least a breeze. stagnant heat sucks.

Goals for this weekend:
1. clean something. just one thing. don't go over board now.
2. finish current book so you can start next one that you'd really rather be reading NOW, but you can't just leave a started book unfinished.
3. finish season 6 of nip/tuck.
4. youtube the new trailer for new season of true blood.

now i'm just rambling... but my appointment is here. have a good weekend all!!!
Old 04-21-2012, 01:44 PM   #204
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Sorry MIA, not too much to report concerning weight and food plan other than there isn't one and hasn't been one for quite some time. Hanging around 225-230 ack. The thing is, I know what I am supposed to do but haven't done it. House hasn't sold either.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:07 AM   #205
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, your experience the other night fighting the cheat urge was so inspiring. I really thought in the end you were going to say you gave in. To fight that urge for 90 minutes is truely heroic and I am going to print your post and read it over and over. Hope you had alot of laughs at your family dinner. They are pretty special aren't they!

Vicki, I know you are down and I am too. Let's get back on the wagon today and have a good day one day at a time. Let's keep reading Tony's post to give us inspiration! ((hugs))

Britt, so funny about making yourself finish the one book before you will let yourself read the one you really want to read. I am like that too. Have read a bunch that just were not happening for me but I have to make myself finish them - like their feelings would be hurt. lol Do you have a pool in your back yard? With 100 degree heat that would be wonderful. Love that buffalo sauce!

ff, I could not give up my caffeine either or just don't want to. I admire Artemis to just leave all that stuff behind. I know she feels great doing it. The weather is getting better and better. Soon you will be back to going on those nice walks and be able to be away from the kitchen!

Artemis, 17 pounds since you moved to Nashville is fantastic! You are an inspiration to us all!

Working on the slacks. Good idea that I made a sample using the pattern out of some old material before I cut into the expensive linen. No way that size was going to work. So linen ones are cut out and basted together. Still working on making some modifications. Being so short if they are just a little too baggy I look dumpy. Most of what I wear in jeans and cords are stretch so they work at whatever weight. The linen is not so I have to take that into consideration. They might look ok standing but I have to be able to sit in them too. lol

Hope everyone has a terrific Sunday!
Old 04-22-2012, 06:57 AM   #206

had a wonderful SIEGFRIED, yesterday

today i will be spending the day indoors. I am hoping they repeat Handel's Rodelinda on PBS, so I can tape it. The much needed rain is on its way. Next weekend is predicted to be rain free. My bank is closing its Sat a.m. hours. In a few weeks, my only window of opportunity will be Thurs eves till 6pm. I need to take car svc to get there before closing. No, I do NOT trust ATMs!!! Happy weekend part II. FF
Old 04-22-2012, 09:33 AM   #207
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i just lost a looooong post...sheesh...

okay, summary - what happened to me friday night happened because of you guys and i am grateful to you for motivating me to work through that craving and find strength i didn't know i had...THANK YOU!

vicki, we've all been there girl and we all love you and when you are ready, we'll be here to support your efforts...hope you are doing a lot of smiling! :-)

abi, i'm honored that anything i said might inspire you...for too long my behavior has been anything but inspiring...i know my successes have fed off yours and others here over the past two years, so it was time for me to step up and show some guts...i wish i could make pants! :-)

ff, thanks for the kind words...when you have failed at this as many times as i have, it does feel good when you get it right...i think you should go see "chimpazees"...lol...stay dry this afternoon...

britt, you are a hoot, girl...100-degrees???...you and marilee should get together and spray each other down with hoses...hmmmm...

artemis, you have been a major inspiration to me, with the way you have fought through illness with sheer will, to keep at this...congrats on the 17 lbs. - that is simply amazing!!!...hope you hace fun with your parents this weekend!...

i had a wonderful day with my 4 siblings yesterday...we met in massachusetts, halfway between ri and nh where we live, at an italian restaurant we had never been to before...we usually go to the north end in boston, but there was a hockey game yesterday that made it too crowded...

we got together at 2, left the restaurant at 6 and then spent another 2 hours in the parking lot, just talking and laughing...it was so nice...ate well and low carb and moderately...had chicken marsala which was awesome...

looking forward to a great day today!...have an awesome sunday!
Old 04-22-2012, 03:57 PM   #208

i just might, Tony. Not today. I saw the coming attractions

on the Disney Channel. I like the show called SO RANDOM. It reminds me of Rowan & Martin's LAUGH-IN, and these kids are really funny. I also like JESSIE & GOOD LUCK, CHARLIE. i need to take more glipizide owing to the cuteness factor. I looked up simvaSTATIN, and I decided it is going to sit on the shelf. I am not touching it. Too great a potential for harm. If my cholesterol was going to do me in, it would have already done so. Also, living in NYC, I would rather get mugged by LDL than by one of the many thugs that "grace" the BIG APPLE. FF
Old 04-22-2012, 08:16 PM   #209
Senior LCF Member

Today my truck read 104 degrees... WTH... I related out loud the temperature comparing to a certain mythological beasts excrement anatomy...after a very spicy dish... Sweet jeebus I will never get used to this.

I have a pool, but I'm not much for swimming. Ironic as I was a swimmer all thru high school. To me, it gets so hot here the pool feels like bath water. It's not cool or refreshing. Didn't finish book yet, I discovered raising hope on Netflix and watched the first season instead. Needed a day filled with laughter!
Old 04-23-2012, 03:05 AM   #210
Major LCF Poster!

Britt, our water in the gulf would get like bath water too. Not really refreshing but I still liked it better than the water off the coast of Maine we used to swim in when we were kids. It would turn your feet blue in the middle of summer. lol

Tony, chicken marsala and laughs with the family - what could be better! I did print your inspiring post and have it ready to read when I have a tempting episode. I know it will help alot.

FF, I have to agree with you on the simvastatin. I am quite sure even cardiologist Bill Davis gives statins to only men who have already had a heart attack. I am going to see if I can find where he talks about them later.

I will be working on my own today. My sister is doing a job for her husband who has the starting gate company making leather padding for the gates. She is on a roll so wants to work on finishing them today and tomorrow. I will be painting down the cellar stairs among other things. No painting on the porches with all the rain we are having. Thought I heard out Ohio way they may get a snow storm like we had in October. Yikes!

Have a great Monday all!
Closed Thread