Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2012, 04:19 AM   #151
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
Tony, we will have to call u Miracle Worker

like Scottie on the original Enterprise. stopping at 4 forkfuls of rice. Getting ice cream for someone else, but not for yourself. Yes I have performed similar feats of restraint in my day, but not consistently. by the the way, i use Grapeseed oil which is very high in omega 3 fat. Olive oil has more of omega 6 fats.What makes olive oil a "healthy" oil are its flavonoids. Also, grapeseed oil has a much higher smokepoint than olive oil. Do not do heavy frying in olive oil. I am expecting some wonderful changes to occur in the next 6 weeks. I began my vitamin therapy again, and i will be upping my plain H20 to no less than 64 oz a day. No doubt as the weather gets warmer, that should increase. Also, unless spring, summer an autumn, are total washouts, I will be outside the house after work,and on weekends, to save electricity, if for no other reasons. Of course the main reason to to stay the hell away from the fridge. FF

Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2012, 05:24 AM   #152

Tony, the next time u come to the big Apple....

perhaps we can get together. There is a great park close to THE BAKERY. I have not even been there for quite some time. I want to be interred there. we can get our coffee and something with it and sit outside in the park. FF
Old 04-16-2012, 07:29 AM   #153
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/229.4/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
that sounds awesome, ff - let's do that!...btw, i am no miracle worker, but for reasons none of us can explain when it happens, i am simply motivated right now and it is easier to resist the slips than it has been for about a year...i am upset with myself for gaining over 20 lbs. back and now having to lose it again...at 220, i will still be 18 lbs. heavier than my lowest weight last year and i hate that...

i really am sick of struggling with this and need to GIT ER DONE!...i hope i can maintain this motivation until i am in 1derland which i have not seen since 1989!...

abi, i'd take the day off today if i were you - it may hit 90!...there will be plenty of crappy days to patch the walls :-)

i woke up still feeling in complete control...gonna try to get out of the house and away from the food - although it is all good stuff, i don't want to indulge in too much of it...don't know about you guys but i am not hungry during the day UNTIL i start eating...

got some sun and vitamin d driving around with the convertible roof down yesterday and may do it again today...

stay strong kids!

hey artemis, how is my strict-plan buddy doing today??? :-)

hey blondie, are you already sick of me?...lol...

vicki, how are you doing?...got a handle on your dandle - oops, i mean dander yet?...

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 04-16-2012, 09:15 AM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BlondieBlue
Stats: 208.4/200.8/199
WOE: Atkins/Low Carb
Start Date: 1/3/2012- restarting 1/29/2013
Hola All!

Okay: confessions: I had a cheat weekend. allllllll weekend. It was glorious, but i planned for it, and now its over, and i'm back on track. Also, i kinda like one of the new justin beiber songs. Now, you decide which one of these confessions is really worse... so i will not be weighing until Friday...unless i happen to get on the scale in a day or so and see a loss. If i'm up "then it never happened..."

brought tuna for lunch with mayo, cheese, and some sausage patties. Also snacking on beef jerky. dinner is undecided, probably more cucumbers and i'll whip up a batch of awesome ranch dressing.

Back to hamburgers.... I don't like to boast, but i have a pretty noms recipe. i got it from the ranch dressing container (powder). it's meat (hold the pink slime please...) ranch powder, shredded cheese. sooooooo juicy and flavorful. but best to make in the oven, or some type of counter cooker. the grease from the shredded cheese can make for some beautiful, but hazardous grill flare ups...
Old 04-16-2012, 10:36 AM   #155

i also object to pink slime in my burgers.

it's emasculating. i insist on blue slime-for boys. i was at shoprite, and i did not pick up chop meat. However, i have 2 big chicken chests, thawed out and ready to bake, and 6 pork chops in the freezer. They should last me till breakfast. the breasts are actually larger than the chickens from whence they originated. why do computers make me write like eecummings.? am I getting too lazy to capitalize? yes, i guess so. FF
Old 04-16-2012, 11:39 AM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Tony I am doing great...making it through day 8 pretty easily. Can't wait until I get off work so that I can go workout!

On a really sad note, I read an article in New York Times (and I think by now it is going viral and and is being posted in various locations throughout the web) that a growing craze among brides-to-be and other women looking to lose weight before an event is that they are going to specialty clinics where feeding tubes are installed through their nose and down into their stomachs. Yes, I said it feeding tubes...and they get small amounts of calories pumped down their throat. Crazy talk! When will the ever-growing negative self body image among women stop?!
Old 04-16-2012, 02:56 PM   #157

why would anyone want to shove something up their

nose all the way down their throat and be conscious at the same time? Whatever happened to good old fashioned anorexia and bullemia? That is how the industrialized nations did it in my day. Of course, I myself could never have been mistaken for anorexic. As for bullemia...i paid good money to get that food down. I would not DELIBERATELY bring it up again. That is good $$$ down the drain. Sometimes I think I have lived too long....on your world. FF
Old 04-16-2012, 03:05 PM   #158
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Yea, K-E Diet is what it is called. They have a feeding tube placed with a continuous slow drip of 800 cal high protein, low carb protein solution. To the tune of $1499 wow. They lose due to no carbs and ketosis.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

britt, i'm happy you had a planned cheat and are back on track...you have been dropping weight so fast, maybe the switch will confuse your body and you'll lose some more!...

artemis and vicki, that is SOOOOOOOOOO sad!...i can't believe women actually do that - society sucks sometimes!...i tried to teach my daughters to be happy with who there were and not feel the need to conform to the image others have of what's beautiful - that they were beautiful no matter what...btw, it seems to have worked as they both have healthy appetites but are very fit and athletic - not "skinny"...and i've never seen or heard them talk about their bodies negatively, or even go on a diet...i'm happy about that...

artemis, congrats on 8 days!!!!!...that is AMAZING!...

ff, you are a piece of work...

well, i won't get below 220 tomorrow as i was at 222.4 today...i have been so good, so it must be fluid - i'm thinking maybe there was some salt in the sausage and marinated chicken breast yesterday...

today was another great day - small bowl of fruit for breakfast, salad with grilled chicken for lunch and steak on the grill and roasted veggies for dinner - ribeyes and awesome!...

drank a LOT today so i'll either have a woosh tomorrow or will gain a couple of lbs...i know i will lose eventually based on what i'm doing so i am not gonna sweat a temporary gain if it happens...

hope everyone is doing well...nitey nite!

Last edited by tony8; 04-16-2012 at 07:01 PM..
Old 04-16-2012, 08:01 PM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Artemis- I can't believe that!!! I'm not against extreme measures like plastic surgery, because some things- you just didn't get to pick how they turned out... but something as insane as a feeding tube should be reserved for medical patients who are incapable of getting nutrients in by any other means. so sad. you CAN pick your weight!!! (for the most part...reserving that tolerance for the victims of medical issues that make it damn near impossible to lose, regardless of their dedication to a way of life). Last April, my boyfriend and I booked our vacation in New Orleans, to happen the coming October. We bought tickets to the 1st Annual Witches Ball- Formal/Gothic Dress. Of course i find something online that i cannot try on, and i HAVE TO HAVE IT, it arrives and it's pretty snug. like, can't quite zip up, and not nearly wide enough in the hips (i could start my own amish community, starting at age 13) i "vowed" to loose the 25 lbs that would have made the dress fit, and I didn't! i bought an elliptical that has served as a better shirts-from-the-dryer-hanger. I didn't hook myself up to tube feeding the week before, I bought some ribbon and i turned that zipper back into a corset back so it fit, and i had a little room to breath. Accept your consequences. That story makes me sad. I hope my someday daughter is a plus sized nudist and loves the skin she's in!!! (that said while I'M losing weight lol)

okay, i'll get off my soapbox. It's sad enough that people will purge every meal or starve themselves, but to PAY that much to be fed like someone on their last leg of life...? you can do that all on your own, if you chose to. Very, very unfortunate. And a sad day for the strength of those women (vs. proper nutrition/find what works). I'll bet those gals were probably already beautiful three times over, but fretting over the last 10 pounds that makes them a size 0.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:09 PM   #161
Senior LCF Member

you guys know i have to follow up with a funny- always...

So my mom is at the gym, working on her fitness, (she is presently 280, down from a lil over 400, since july) and she notices a younger buff gym goer loitering behind her as she moves about, and he eventually strikes up conversation. He's talking about he and her as if they are "together" (in his mind. of my generation, i've heard this "we should..." tactic before and know where its headed- she did not) and he asks her out. She's dripping sweat, baggy full coverage sweat clothes, says to him something to the effect of, "are you crazy? I am almost 300 lbs?!" to which he replies, "you know what my momma always told me, 'only a dog likes a bone'."

I needed to send a little for the curves into the universe tonight.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:26 AM   #162
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Tony it was pretty warm working yesterday. So weird after working in my parka for the first hour of the day because I have the thermostat set at 50 and then yesterday already sweating at 6am! I guess today will be more of the same. I feel bad for my sister. She is working on the living room ceiling doing alot of patching and sanding. that is the worst having to work with your head tipped back, your arms up over your head and then all that plaster dust coming down on your sweaty face. I was working on the walls and that's hard enough. She looked at the bright side and said our arms would be ready for summer clothes. lol I haven't worn sleeveless shirts since I was 20!

Not much to report here. Hope the weigh in goes well Tony, FF, you are so motivated! and Britt, you are as entertaining as Tony and FF! Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-17-2012, 02:27 AM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

oops, double post

Last edited by Abigale; 04-17-2012 at 02:29 AM..
Old 04-17-2012, 05:41 AM   #164
Senior LCF Member

I'm with you FF. I would starve myself for free before I'd pay thousands of dollars for a feeding tube! But certainly neither one are very healthy weight loss tactics. I find it ironic that so many people are trying to lose weight while we keep getting larger and larger as a nation.

Tony, sounds like you are doing great, strict plan buddy! Just keep hanging in there.

I had a night with fitful sleep. I kept tossing and turning and waking up. The little time I did sleep I dreamed of peanut butter cookies LOL.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:07 AM   #165
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.6/332.6/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 11/11/13
Hey everybody - I'm here. I haven't read anyone's posts, but will tomorrow. I'm just a little wound up with all of the non-stop banging I've had to endure with the roofers.

Keep in mind I have a flat roof so it's very scary! It started yesterday at 7AM and went straight through until 2:30 PM. They had a harder time getting it off because the original rock roof had been nailed or some how fixed to the wood to where it had to really be beaten off. They showed up again at 6AM today to finish. They wanted to get here early because it is easier to get it off while it is cooler. They will be leaving soon and then the carpenter will come and then the "hot" guy - the guy who seals it. The whole project will be done by next Wednesday.

I can't wait to go back to work tomorrow. This is nerve wracking!

I'll get caught up with everyone tomorrow during lunch when I can concenetrate.

I have no idea what the scale says, but I know it won't be good!

Marilee
Old 04-17-2012, 09:25 AM   #166
Major LCF Poster!

britt, i love the ingenuity of turning the zipper into a corset, and not just because i think corsets are hot...lol...that's a funny story about your mom - so, did she accept his offer?...i guess i should ask if she's still with your dad, before cheering her on too much ;-)

abi, i think you should take today off... i am such a great influence on you, aren't i?...it is glorious out there today...i was out and about running errands early, and just got back home...we are getting spoiled by this weather, girl!...

i opened the pool and it looks so crystal clear, but it's still a bit cold...my oldest son was warm last night and went outside and jumped in to cool off at 2 a.m.!...

well, i neither wooshed or gained since yesterday, but held steady at 222.4...that's down 1.4 from last tuesday...i am eating so well, no cheating or cravings and got my exercising in at 6 a.m. this morning...i've still lost 3.2 lbs. this month and i know i will lose more in the coming days and weeks...

i am motivated and psyched!...

artemis, how's my strict-plan buddy doing today?...

marilee, i am laughing thinking of you cringing under all that banging going on on the roof!...lol...sorry, you know i've got a warped sense of humor...

today:
b: hb egg white
l: salad
s: fresh fruit salad
d: steak and chicken and veggie stir-fry?

Last edited by tony8; 04-17-2012 at 09:29 AM..
Old 04-17-2012, 01:59 PM   #167
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.6/332.6/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 11/11/13
I don't know WTH they are doing, but they are still banging!!!!!
Old 04-17-2012, 04:00 PM   #168

just as i was about to leave this a.m....

i could not find my keys. so, i had to take a personal day. By 12:00 noon, I despaired of finding them at all. So, I called my earth brother to bring the spare set. He would be by around 6 pm, and of course I would have to pay the tolls...round trip. Fair enough, it wasn't his fault. Then I threw on my robe to throw out the garbage down the hall. On the way back, I heard one of the most beautiful sounds in the universe...the jingling of my keys. They were in the left robe pocket. So, I ate a chicken breast. FF
Old 04-17-2012, 04:55 PM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

hmmm, ff, i see the logic in that...man, that's scary!!!

made the fam some fresh linguini with EVOO, garlic, parmesan, grilled chicken breast and broccoli...tried 4 forkfuls - yes, ff, only 4 and then ate a piece of chicken sausage stuffed with feta and spinach...all of it was yummy!...other than that, i had an hb egg white, a tiny portion of fruit salad and a salad for lunch - so it was a good day!

i just finished dinner and there is an hour left til curfew so i should be in good shape...i was thinking today that even though my restrictions only apply 5 days a week, during the first 17 days of this blitz i have had 4 forkfuls of rice and pasta and that is IT for off-plan eating...i have not had one gram of bread, sugar, potato, flour, etc. and have not eaten a morsel after 9 p.m. on any night...

no wonder i am feeling so much better! :-)

Last edited by tony8; 04-17-2012 at 04:58 PM..
Old 04-17-2012, 05:55 PM   #170
Major LCF Poster!

i'm hungry and there's 6 minutes til curfew...i'm nailing myself to the couch tonight and it ain't easy! :-)
Old 04-17-2012, 06:16 PM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

whew!...made it...now i'm gonna try to fall asleep so i end the day the way i want to...

it's funny, cuz i know i will not be hungry in the morning...but i will be so happy i didn't give in tonight...
Old 04-17-2012, 08:49 PM   #172
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jfinchster
Hey Everyone,
Sorry I haven't been posting--a ton has been happening with me, but I'm hanging in there weight wise. I'm up from my low earlier this year about 5lbs but am serious about getting it off and getting into new low numbers. So count me on board for this Blitz.

Glad to see everyone has such enthusiasm--I'm feeling it too!
Old 04-18-2012, 02:28 AM   #173
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Jenny! Good to hear from you! I have gained 5 pounds too so am also trying to get my eating back to small portions and vlc.

I just lost my post and then couldn't get back to the forum so will try to post again later.

Everyone have a great day!
Old 04-18-2012, 03:56 AM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

hey sis!...great to see you and excited to have you back...since we're twins, i could have guessed you are now feeling super-motivated - it's just how we roll!

btw, i gotta hit you up for some advice on making a trip to hawaii...may try to go this summer - possibly 7 of us for a week or two...wanna do it right as it may be the only time we ever get there...

abi, i'm gonna set up a lost and found for your posts and charge you a nickel to retrieve them - i'll be able to retire with ff!...

as i predicted i feel great this morning that i was able to stay out of the kitchen after dinner last night and it is giving me a great jumping off point for this new day!...that's how it works, right?...how come when i'm going bad, i don't seem to remember that?...

i've only lost a few pounds, but something must have changed in me metabolically and biochemically, because i feel like a new person - much more energy and much more alert in only 17 days!...

today:
b: hb egg white
l:?
d:?

sorry i'm so chatty these days, but it helps me stay focused when i can acknowledge what i am feeling and doing out loud...feel free to ignore me... okay, i know that's not easy
Old 04-18-2012, 04:10 AM   #175

i too, tony, am in search for energy

i have increased my b12 exponentially. It will take a while before it kicks in, i was so depleted. I hope the magic will occur before the month's end. I need to get marching again. I was so happy from my ankles up when I was doing miles, especially at the beach. I also reserved a shady place for you in my family's labour camp on Ferenghinar, if u break curfew(lol), but if u find yourself hungry after 21:00 hours, it will be a great way to get in your water, either by dribnking it, or swimming in it, or both. Artemis, i hope you are feeling better post detox. FF
Old 04-18-2012, 05:33 AM   #176
Senior LCF Member

I am on my 10th day of detox now, half way there! I feel slimmer and my clothes fit more loosely so I am pleased with that. Only 11 more days! I was able to get 30 min of kickboxing in last night before I had to stop so I'd say I have a bit more energy than I did last week.

Sounds like everyone is doing great. Jenny, good to see you posting again.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:54 AM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

hey strict-plan buddy!...so happy you are staying strong and feeling better with more energy...keep it up, but monitor how you feel and gauge your activity accordingly...

i climbed on the scale and was rewarded with a 221 reading this morning...down 1.4 from yesterday and 4.6 in the 18 days since this blitz started - i WILL TAKE IT!...

had an hb egg white for breakfast and nothing else so far...will be drinking a lot and maybe skipping lunch until late afternoon, when i will have a salad...not sure about dinner yet - maybe grilled chicken halves?...
Old 04-18-2012, 09:22 AM   #178
Senior LCF Member

Happy Wednesday All! Work has me absolutely pulling my hair out and doing things I don't want to. Glad I can hop on here and see you chatty folks being happy, it helps.

I skipped dinner last night. Instead I stole a bite of boyfriends polish sausage (no bun) before he could slather it in ketchup. I kinda did a bite and run and hide lest I become the target for the angry ketchup squeeze. It was so worth putting my clothes at risk for stains. He did notice the missing piece but just pilled on more ketchup to make up for missing mass.

Still haven't weighed from my weekend free for all, (surprising- i usually vow to stay off scale and cave after 2 days.) I really really want to see something below my 190.4. c'mon friday!

Happy American Idol Day!
Old 04-18-2012, 10:09 AM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jfinchster
Hey Tony,
Can you PM me--and I can reply with info--(I'm not sure how to PM.) I only know about Maui and the Big Island the most, but can give you alot of info on either. I think for your money (cheaper accomodations) and just a more authentic hawaiian experience (less touristy) the Big Island is the best. But Maui is beautiful too with alot of great beaches...

It is a wonderful place to go with family. You will probably be hooked and have to go back again at some point in your life--it's absolutely magical. But, it is alot further trip for you than it is for me coming from Seattle!
Old 04-18-2012, 10:30 AM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

hey jenny,
i pm'd you :-) hope you can figure out how to read it!...lol...
tony
Closed Thread