Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 04:45 PM   #121
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
i would envy you, greatly.

I have never been to our 50th state, nor to about 40 of the others. someday. But, if u do go, find out if u and your family can visit the Keck observatory, on one of the large mountains there, either Mauna Kea, or Mauna Loa. That would be an observation, I would love to see for myself. Perhaps, they might spot the Ferenghinar star system, and someone on their way to pick me up. There is also a Japanese guy that makes the greatest shaved ice in the world. Just ask someone, It was on the Travel channel. Yes, it is off plan, but u can burn it off by means of activity. Well, I ordered the filet mignon RARE. This way, when I re-heat it about 8 pm, it will be medium rare. To overcook a good cut of meat is an INFAMIA. I had the cup of broth already. I will slice the steak with my RONCO carving knife, and consume only 1/2 with the salad, my lc dressing, and 1/2 oz crushed walnuts for crunch.(that's the plan, anyway) She gave me 2 stalks of celery, 1 of which i can augment my tuna/egg/chicken salads at work, the second to complete the green salad. May I assume that the zucchini is the sympathetic figure in the song? lol. FF

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2012, 06:20 PM   #122

the steak was great...but

it was no 14 oz...more like 8. the chinese ribs are on their way. i should be able to finish off 10 before 9 pm. it seems, that i still need more quantity. FF
Old 04-12-2012, 07:25 PM   #123
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
ff, what are chinese ribs? Or dare I ask I am getting a morbid vision LOL

Tony, congrats.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:17 PM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BlondieBlue
Stats: 208.4/200.8/199
WOE: Atkins/Low Carb
Start Date: 1/3/2012- restarting 1/29/2013
Hello Everyone!!! Just a quick stop to say, "hhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyy" it's been a crazy crazy week. My gorgeous nephew came into the world early Tuesday morning, and he's had my full attention ever since

Haven't weighed since saturday...planning to tomorrow and will report.

Happy Thursday Night Everyone!
Old 04-13-2012, 03:09 AM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
BlondieBlue, so happy to hear you have a new nephew. Nothing sweeter than a brand new baby. I am sure you will really spoil him! Hope your weigh in today goes well!

FF, sorry they are making your egg salad with the wrong proportions. That is just not right! We had egg salad last night for dinner. I had a dozen colored eggs from Easter that needed to get peeled and eaten. Will have leftovers today. I am sad that you want Tony to go to the observatory to see if the mother ship is on the way to pick you up. Hope they take a wrong turn. lol

Tony, the last of the wall paper stripping is done. I steamed and scraped for 6 hours yesterday in the living room. I was so exhausted I could hardly function. Filling holes in plaster today and then starting to paint. Next project will be to scrape and paint the floors of the front and back porches. Planning a trip to Hawaii sounds like so much fun! The kids must be on cloud nine just thinking about it!

Vicki, glad you asked the question about the chinese ribs. I have always wondered that too but was afraid to ask.

Artemis, how did day 3 go on your detox? Do you take vitamins and minerals also?

DH tilled me an area yesterday in back yard to use as a flower garden. Last year the deer ate all the tops of the phlox my sister had given me. I think I only saw one little bloom. I am going to cover the garden with deer netting this year and see if I can get a nice splash of color to enjoy.

Have a wonderful day all!
Old 04-13-2012, 04:31 AM   #126

what are chinese ribs?

ribs that i get from the the chinese restaurant, and w/o bbq sauce at my behest. but, no, i never heard one word of chinese spoken by them. also, Blondie, the ship that brought me here was "acquired" from a patriarchal race. So, it was the "father ship". I did some calculating and i am not over my daily WW points, except by 1 or 2 points. we also get some weekly optional points, so, i was never in danger of going "hog" wild. SO CLOSE, AND YET SO FAR: Someone from tech support worked (over the phone)with me to get DVDs to play in my computer. I actually saw 2 minutes of STAR TREK INSURRECTION. When I put the DVD back in, all things were as they were before. It was not to be. Well, at least its Friday. FF
Old 04-13-2012, 07:09 AM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
I'm officially on Day 5 of detox. I know if I can get one week in, the other two will be a breeze. My headache is gone now but last night my stomach really kicked in. It wasn't all together pleasant, but I understand that this is supposed to happen and is evidence that the detox is working. I'd give my left arm for some caffeine, but I'll make it!
Old 04-13-2012, 07:47 AM   #128
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/218.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
hey kids,
how are things in the playground this morning?...

congratulations seem to be in order today - to blondie on her nephew, to artemis on making it through 4 days of detox, to abi on finishing her stripping (never thought i'd say that to a woman), and to ff on perfecting his magic trick of turning 14 oz. of steak into 8 without eating it!...

my son and i had fun at the game last night...was thinking about blondie as i was picking bread off my burger and hot dog - had one of each and nothing else but bottled water...got home just before 9 and had 2 small ribs as i was still feeling hungry...that is more than i ate all week, but i had only had a salad and the hb egg white during the day, so overall, i considered it a good, if not great, day of eating...

gonna try to keep it light again today...maybe an hb egg white for breakfast, salad with chicken salad for lunch and i will have to give some thought to dinner...

see y'all in a bit!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Last edited by tony8; 04-13-2012 at 07:48 AM..
Old 04-13-2012, 08:54 AM   #129
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Good morning!

Nice to hear from you BlondieBlue - we were getting concerned. Congratulations on the new nephew. I love babies!

I'm down 3 pounds this week, which is a miracle! I opted not to start hcg yet, as it is very strict and I very stressed with all of the house issues so I didn't want to do that to myself. Regular Atkins until futher notice.

They are starting the roof on Monday. When that is finished, I did hire a drywaller and his painter to do the inside repairs and then things will be normal. I can't wait until May - everything should be done by then.

Everyone have a great day! I'll touch base later.

Marilee
Old 04-13-2012, 10:49 AM   #130
Senior LCF Member

190.4 this morning! I'll take 1.6 loss any day!!! ohmanohmanohman- i'm so close to 185 i'm jumpy!

Breakfast of champions this morning, coffee and beef jerky. heh heh...

I was wondering about those chinese ribs also...all manner of combinations "chinese" and "rib" were coming to mind. I do something very similar when we order take out, get the bbq pork slices with no sauce and a few steak or chickens on a stick.

Marilee- i have several rounds of hcg chillin' in my fridge, i just haven't been able to complete a full round, or gear myself up to start another round. It's not a horrible experience, but for me it SO unsatisfying. the menu always leaves me feeling like i have no variety, and also- no bacon.

I hope today goes fast, i'm so ready for the weekend! Happy Friday!
Old 04-13-2012, 10:57 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Also! Fun story... I was at the gas station, filling up the tank that busts the bank on a weekly basis, and i went in to get a monster (with straw- every drink must have straw!!!) and next to my straws were hot dogs, on the roller dealies. I looked around to make sure no one was watching me oogle. Then I saw, and in my homer simpson inner monologue voice thought, "OO! smoked cheddar sausages!" so i got one, and put it in a plastic hot dog baggy. no bun. the cashier gave me an inquisitive eyebrow, but i was too excited to care. I almost started clapping my hands wildly. I ate it outside of my truck, because i feel like if i eat inside my truck, i will end up on Dr Phil. I'm pretty sure I saw a similar episode once... a lady ate a whole store bought meatloaf in her car before exiting the store parking lot.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:15 AM   #132

we are all making progress, each in our own way

i too. it is lunch, and i am not hungry. i had a mayonaissy bkfst at 10:15 am. and, as i always say, if u are not hungry do not eat. i am still in a red meat mood. across from the B & N, in Bklyn, there is a place called 5 guys burgers. I believe i will take some home with me, to keep the escarole company. I expect on Sunday afternoon after THE WRATH OF THE TITANS, to return to the diner whence that 14 oz steak originated. A friend is joining me for lunch. If i am not declared deceased at the doctor's tomorrow morning, it should be a great weekend for someone w/o profits or oomox. to be fair that same diner has a 28 porterhouse under $30.00 incl tax. I foresee some sort of fish for Sun lunch (or chicken). I hope we all have a great weekend. Artemis, i hope what u are enduring with the detox is worth it. Blondie, congrats on the new nephew. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
Old 04-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #133
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieBlue View Post
Also! Fun story... I was at the gas station, filling up the tank that busts the bank on a weekly basis, and i went in to get a monster (with straw- every drink must have straw!!!) and next to my straws were hot dogs, on the roller dealies. I looked around to make sure no one was watching me oogle. Then I saw, and in my homer simpson inner monologue voice thought, "OO! smoked cheddar sausages!" so i got one, and put it in a plastic hot dog baggy. no bun. the cashier gave me an inquisitive eyebrow, but i was too excited to care. I almost started clapping my hands wildly. I ate it outside of my truck, because i feel like if i eat inside my truck, i will end up on Dr Phil. I'm pretty sure I saw a similar episode once... a lady ate a whole store bought meatloaf in her car before exiting the store parking lot.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:05 PM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatferenghi View Post
i too. it is lunch, and i am not hungry. i had a mayonaissy bkfst at 10:15 am. and, as i always say, if u are not hungry do not eat. i am still in a red meat mood. across from the B & N, in Bklyn, there is a place called 5 guys burgers. I believe i will take some home with me, to keep the escarole company. I expect on Sunday afternoon after THE WRATH OF THE TITANS, to return to the diner whence that 14 oz steak originated. A friend is joining me for lunch. If i am not declared deceased at the doctor's tomorrow morning, it should be a great weekend for someone w/o profits or oomox. to be fair that same diner has a 28 porterhouse under $30.00 incl tax. I foresee some sort of fish for Sun lunch (or chicken). I hope we all have a great weekend. Artemis, i hope what u are enduring with the detox is worth it. Blondie, congrats on the new nephew. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
We just got 5 Guys out here within the last few years and they are mighty tasty!!!
Old 04-13-2012, 03:47 PM   #135

i just got home.

i heated one up, and put a little (tsp) of low carb ketchup. MAMMA MIA!!! I am spacing them out thru the evening. I only took tomato as a topping. Ordinarily, I would eat all 3 non-stop. I'm learning, I'm learning. With cheeseburger #3, I will have a portion of my cooked escarole, adding lots of garlic & pepperoncino. Curfew is 9 pm (for Tony and me...i.e. liquids only after 21:00 hrs). So, I shall begin #3 at about 20:15 hrs and stretch out the experience as long as possible. Wish me luck at the Dr. tomorrow, y'all. FF
Old 04-13-2012, 04:10 PM   #136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Britt. I looked them up on the internet and there is one real close to my office.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:04 PM   #137
Senior LCF Member

lol I forgot you're in Phx too! ya- Smashburger is pretty good also. Lately I'm all over Blu Burger Grille. There is one at WestGate and another i think more on the east side of town. It's a little pricey for what you'd pay for a burger at a sit down place- but they have so many customize options! You can even pick your type of beef! Lots of acceptable toppings to add, and they offer it with a lettuce wrap instead of bun. Though a bit overpriced, you definitely get what you pay for! Next time i go, i'm going to get a portabello with lots of bacon and onions and cheese on top. (I'm a sad sad foodie...)
Old 04-13-2012, 05:11 PM   #138
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds yummy!
Old 04-13-2012, 07:36 PM   #139
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

omg, it's after curfew and i just read about all those burgers!!!...thanks a lot, britt...lol...

marilee, good call skipping the hcg if you don't feel up to it, and a huge congrats on the weight loss!...you're my heroine!...i mean cocaine...i mean...lol...

ff, i LOVE 5 guys...i usually get the small as it has one burger rather than two, and get grilled onions, mushrooms and jalapenos, bacon and cheese...

abi, it's gonna be in the 80s on monday!...my kids are threatening to jump in the pool!...black flies are out - do you have them over there, yet?...my son had the day off from school today and we spent all day working in the yard - we got so much done - it looks a lot better...

well, tomorrow morning we get up early and my three sons and i are hitting the road for new york city - the bronx to be exact - to see a yankee game...it's been three years since we've been there...we are all pretty excited...i will behave at the stadium!...

i may not see ya til sunday, so be good!

Last edited by tony8; 04-13-2012 at 07:40 PM..
Old 04-14-2012, 04:36 AM   #140
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, I heard about the 80's for Monday too! It is always such a shock when one day you have the heat on and the next you are hot. No black flies yet but I remember a trip up from Alabama one year to my sister's house in Canaan. I was outside painting flowers on a little bird house and walked over to show it to the family when I was done. They said what happened to you? I had blood dripping down my face from black fly bites. I never felt a thing and they took forever to heal. ick Have fun at the ball game in NY!

I am concerned about daughter and family today near Joplin. Very bad weather predicted for the whole middle section of the country today. The kids have all kinds of activities going on. Oldest grandchild has ACT test this morning and prom this evening. Other 3 kids have as much going on. I just want them to stay in their basement all day!

I will flying out on May 10th for 4 days and need to get myself re -motivated. You all are doing so well! Going to drink alot of water today and watch the carbs big time.

Britt, those Blu Burger Grille burgers sound so delicious. I could live on burgers if I knew for sure they were going to be good tasting meat. Sometimes the ground beef I get at the grocery store is so good tasting and sometimes it is blah.

Marilee, you are doing great on the Atkins right now! When you are having stressful situations like the roof etc. it is good to be able to not have to restrict yourself like you would with hcg. Know you can't wait until May and just be able to enjoy your new patio and no rain coming in on your head!

FF, so sorry that the DVD player only worked for a few minutes of Startrek Insurrection. It must be something simple that can be fixed if it played for afew minutes. How aggravating! Good luck at the Dr.s today!

Have a great Saturday all!

Last edited by Abigale; 04-14-2012 at 04:38 AM..
Old 04-14-2012, 05:10 AM   #141

yes, the burgers were great

Greatness does not come cheap (myself excepted). i will make my own burgers, and get creative until i create the perfect burger. The same for steak. Talk to y'all later. Going to the doctyor. I feel thinner. I no longer feel like "2 lbs of bologna in a 1 lb bag" FF
Old 04-14-2012, 07:08 AM   #142
Senior LCF Member

Well, my appetite is officially gone. Not sure yet if that is good or bad.

FF, Good luck at the doctor!
Old 04-14-2012, 09:32 AM   #143

just back from the doctor.

everything is as i suspected. i DID lose weight, but only 3 lbs. But my thyroid was off. so we increased it from 150 mcg to 200 mcg of levithyroxine. of course my glucose was way too high. Also, my chol reached new hights. I will fill the chol meds prescription, but i will notr take any until i research it. I am VERY LEERY of chol meds. i am coming back on 5/19/12 to redo the labs. As I waved my DANDR in the air, I GUARANTEED her that I WILL turn it all around. My blood pressure was NORMAL. 3 weeks ago, it was 130/100. Today it was 120/80. Now I can enjoy my opera with no anxiety. I just finished an mozzarella cheese omelet with pork sausage (2 big fat ones)and a side of bacon. I have 2 chicken breasts thawing out to make later. I started my vitamin therapy again, and i am about to fill up the water bottle. whatever my evening critter is, he will keep company with 1 portion of the cooked escarole. I am counting 5 gr for the sausage and bacon and 2 for the escarole. That is all for today. Gosh, it is great to be back!!! FF
Old 04-14-2012, 09:20 PM   #144

will wonders never cease?

not only am i still alive (for the time being anyway), but i played 2 DVDs on my COMPUTER!!! I am still not sure how I did it, but I will figure it out when I have played a few more. Tomorrow is WRATH OF THE TITANS. Good night. Don't let the bed bugs bite! FF
Old 04-14-2012, 09:35 PM   #145
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey guys, i had a great day at the ballpark and ate 2 hot dogs with no bun and a few unsalted peanuts...then on the way home, we stopped for chinese - i had the spicy chicken and veggies and two chicken wings...i also had 4 forkfuls of fried rice - it just looked (and tasted) too good, but i stopped after 4 forks, so i am actually proud of myself!...tomorrow will be a very clean, fluid-filled day...

artemis, make sure you get proper nutrition even if you are not hungry...you don't want to trigger another health issue by not eating properly...congrats on 5 days of detox!...i am proud of you, kid!...

ff, YOU WILL TURN IT AROUND - i believe it too!...congrats on the 3 lbs....on the cholesterol front, have you considered increasing the chicken, fish and olive oil, and decreasing red meat and processed meat?...when i was being good about that, it helped my cholesterol numbers...

abi, please let us know that your family is okay after the bad weather...i know exactly how worried you are whenever you see that kind of weather bearing down on the midwest...i feel the same way about sarah all the time...

gonna get some rest...it's been a good, but a looong day :-)

Last edited by tony8; 04-14-2012 at 09:36 PM..
Old 04-15-2012, 10:59 AM   #146
Major LCF Poster!

Just lost a long post and need to run back to town. Will post later if I get a chance. Hope everyone is fine today!!
Old 04-15-2012, 11:35 AM   #147

i have no intention of cutting red meat.

i DO eat lots of chicken, fish, pork etc etc etc. If I am wrong about my lack of concern about my chol levels, then people are free to contribute to their fave profit making venture IN MY MEMORY. I AM concerned about my TRIGLYCERIDE levels. After I redo my labs on 5/19, i will get a printout of my 3/26 & 5/19 results, and prove I was right. I will have the chol prescription filled, but will not touch 1 of them until i am certain that they will not inhibit lipolysis/ketosis, or cause unpleasant side effects, such as DEATH. I stayed home today. I will postpone WRATH OF THE TITANS till next Sunday. I watched 2 STAR TREK MOVIES & THE GREAT ESCAPE on my COMPUTER. Ergo, I woke up late. So, today is chilling out day. I will be baking some chicken breasts today. I WILL be having a real BIG steak next weekend. FF
Old 04-15-2012, 01:46 PM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Can't believe this is my 7th day of detox! I feel thinner and a couple of people at work said I look thinner, but I don't want to risk weighing just yet. If I can go the full 3 weeks, that would be better because I don't want to get discouraged if the number doesn't reflect how I feel. So just keep on keepin' on!
Old 04-15-2012, 07:18 PM   #149
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

artemis, i think that is a good idea - when you think the scale is not going to serve a useful purpose, stay off it...i decided to do the same thing yesterday and today...friday was my weigh-in day but i took my meds with a couple of glasses of water before i weighed, so i decided no weigh-in until tuesday...i want to get below 220 by then and don't want to be disappointed before then :-)

abi, hope you enjoyed this BEAUTIFUL day!!!

ff, you know your body better than anyone, so do what feels right...you know when we make suggestions in here, we are just sharing info - no judgments, bro...hope the baked chicken was good...

i had a good day today...went shopping and filled the house with good food...it is amazing how much easier it is to stick to plan when you don't allow the junk in the house and keep a variety of on-plan choices all around...

today:
b: 1 hb egg white
l: 2 forkfuls of chicken salad
d: spinach and feta chicken sausage and grilled chicken...

small victory: i brought a friend in a nursing home some chocolate ice cream from a great ice-cream stand and wasn't even tempted!

tomorrow will be 90 degrees!...looking forward to moving around outside as much as my hip will allow... :-)

Last edited by tony8; 04-15-2012 at 07:23 PM..
Old 04-16-2012, 03:39 AM   #150
Major LCF Poster!

Hopefully I won't lose this post like I did yesterday. So frustrating!

Tony, I did enjoy the beautiful weather yesterday but of course will be working inside most of today at the house. Will be sanding patches on the plaster and then painting the living room.

The black flies are out here too. They are so aggravating. I sprayed deep woods off all over me and they still bugged me.

Artemis, my nieces' dr. has her on a 4 day detox and even lent her a juicer. She has an autoimmune disease and just found out she has alergies to certain foods including eggs. Right now she is eating no dairy, wheat, sugar, and eggs. After the 4 days she can add certain foods in but none of the above. They are trying to pinpoint what foods are effecting her esp. her skin.

FF, I think you are wise to hold off on the chol. drugs. I have heard some bad things about them. I am so glad you are down the 3 pounds. When you go back next month for more lab work I bet you will be down some more.

Tony, hoping by tues you will be below 220!

running a little late so will wish you all a great day!
Closed Thread