Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 01:51 PM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Cat and Dog TV. Daba the cat and Bama the Lab watching a dove in our new bird bath.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (42.2 KB, 3 views)

Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2012, 05:02 PM   #92
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Abi, that is too cute, pet television entertainment.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:22 PM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/236.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
very cute, abi!...

the stir-fry was absolutely delicious tonight!...

hey vicki, good to see you! :-)
Old 04-09-2012, 06:14 PM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Whew, made it through the first day of detox. It was not easy! Can't wait to go to bed.

Abi, too cute! I love love love dogs
Old 04-10-2012, 02:24 AM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Glad to give you all a smile Vicki, Tony and Artemis!

Artemis, so you are off and running on the detox! Hope you have a good day 2!

Vicki, how have you been? All settled in to married life? How was your weekend? Did you have to put on a big meal?

Slept much better last night and my sister is coming to help on the house today so that will be fun. Working on giving the spindles on the bannister a second coat of paint and then walls and ceiling of another little hallway off the main hallway. lol sounds like a big house doesn't it? No, it is a fairly small craftsman style and don't know how we ever fit 7 people in it. Well, we didn't much as my older sister was already in college when we moved to town. I don't know where we put her when she came occasionally.

I did eat some more of the mock potato salad with more mayo on it last night and it was better this time. My sister made an asparagus casserole that is very delicious. DH wanted me to get the recipe from her. It does have stovetop or seasoned stuffing mix on the bottom but if you are careful skimming from the top you still get a delicious mixture. It has asparagus spears, fresh grated Parmesan cheese, fresh cooked in butter mushrooms, a sauce of cream and broth, green onions sprinkled on top. Love the flavor of fresh mushrooms cooked in butter!

Have a great Tuesday! Tony, do you weigh in today?
Old 04-10-2012, 04:24 AM   #96
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
Artemis, what exactly is DETOX?

I have never done that or known anyone who has. Last night, I was understandibly hungry when i got home. i wanted to sit outside for a while, but it was getting a bit too nippy, and i WAS hungry after just 1/2 cup tuna salad at 1 pm. So, i had my large order of spare ribs (10 pieces or 20 points on the WW system). My total carbs for the day were about 2...even w/o the bbq sauce on the ribs, there had to be 1 or incidental grams. So, once again I postponed the veggies. I will have them with the brisket this evening. one of them is shrimp and broccoli. the other is chicken and chinese vegetables. what i want to do is mix them together, and have them for 3 times. that will be a 5 gr serving, not eating the carrots and little corns included,. It will be interesting to see if this VLC (and portion controlled plan)will show up on the scale Sat a.m. I will keep y'all abreast of the situation. FF
Old 04-10-2012, 05:20 AM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

ff, nice job on moderate eating last night!...

abi, i look at the house we live in now and wonder how 7 of us live here - we still do when sarah is home...we like to call it "cozy" :-) that asparagus casserole sounds so so so good!

artemis, congrats on detoxing...each day will be easier...

this morning was weigh-in and i was at 223.8 - i think that was up .4 since friday - i guess i ate 1500 cals more than i burned over the last 4 days, but it was a holiday weekend, so although i avoided junk and stuck to curfew, i ate too much of the other stuff...i did lose almost 2 lbs. last week...

i am feeling very strong and committed and am sure this is gonna be a great week...lots of green tea and cinnamon and my appetite is under better control than it has been in months...i did my workout this morning and feel physically stronger too...

not sure about dinner tonight, but i started the day with 2 big glasses of water and tea and a nice plate of steamed broccoli...

hope everyone else is doing well!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 04-10-2012, 05:26 AM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

correction for any of you who might be on the edge of your seat...LOL...i guess i was at 223.6 on friday and 223.4 on saturday...
Old 04-10-2012, 05:45 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Detox is a means of getting all the gunk out of your system. There are several different versions out there. I just felt like my body needed a "reset". I feel worse today then yesterday but that is to be expected.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:16 AM   #100

just checking in...nothing new to report.

i got my chicken salad...all's right with the world. i hope to save the tuna salad for tomorrow. I wanted egg salad. Not 1 egg in the joint. FF
Old 04-10-2012, 10:44 AM   #101

no...i had the tuna salad too.

however, i will not go over my daily points. I have about 6 oz brisket for this evening. So, 2 cups of chicken plus tuna salad is 28 points. I have 55 for the day. I 'll be fine. FF
Old 04-10-2012, 02:37 PM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

artemis, hang in there, girl... :-)

ff, i bet you'll finish the day strong!...i'm gonna make some homemade chicken salad tomorrow...right now, i've got ribs in the crockpot slow-cooking in beer and dry rub and will throw them on the grill to finish them off...had chicken wings for lunch...
Old 04-10-2012, 04:59 PM   #103

sis-in-law's & bro's brisket not to be believed.

it picked up even more flavor since Sat night. The chinese veggies with all the garlic was fit company to say the least. However, it was not enough food. Just not enough!!! So, I consumed a large order of chinese ribs-no bbq sauce. Now it was enough. Curfew, or no curfew, no food till tomorrow. Total carbs for the day-about 5. I hope Luciano shows up. If he cannot fix it tonight, I will have to live with the computer as is. FF
Old 04-10-2012, 05:13 PM   #104
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I hosted Easter dinner at my place. Ham, mashed sweet potatoes, LC'd "pretzel" salad, a different cole slaw that was icky, my mom brought faux twice baked potato casserole. Not too bad actually.

I am settling into married life ok. Troubles with kid at school and working stuff out with ex and thinking of camps and such to keep him busy this summer. House is still on the market without any showings as of late (at least a week and a half supposedly due to the cats).

Not much else to report.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:27 AM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

Running a little late this morning so won't post much.

Made the asparagus casserole for DH yesterday and he gave his seal of approval. Will add that recipe to my repertoire!

Vicki, sounds like regular married life already. lol

FF, hope the vlc gives you some good results.

Artemis, my younger sister has done some detox's before and has also had good results. She says her problem is she does not stick with that clean eating for very long after she finishes it.

Tony, you sound positive and upbeat. You surely will get some good results this Blitz!

Better get to painting or I will be getting fired from this job. lol

Have a great Wed. all!
Old 04-11-2012, 04:56 AM   #106

i think my pants are looser.

i do not feel the tension when i sit down, as i have the last few months. I always say a silent prayer when I sit down that i will not have a wardrobe malfunction (as i did twice in a 7 day period, last month). I was thinking of that ridiculously long 4 hour walk I did last summer. Now I am walking mi iscule distances with huffing and puffing. I am feeling the hand again pushing me back. I never thought I would feel the hand again. Well, it is only temporary. I expect I will be able to "dance" around Marine Park again before summer arrives. FF
Old 04-11-2012, 05:53 AM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Day 2 of detox over! I couldn't work out much last night as I was too weak. I slept a lot which was good. I'll try to get a walk in tonight though.

Abi, you are right that most people go on an eating extravagansa after a detox. Which is just going to put you right back where you were. My plan is to keep some aspects and add some foods back in.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:44 AM   #108
Major LCF Poster!

abi, i know its the fantastic pay that is keeping you at that job!...lol...

artemis, i just want you to stay healthy...it seemed like you were eating well before the detox...don't overdo it and push your body too much...

ff, happy to hear about the pants...mine seem to be slowly loosening a teeny bit too...

i am having some luck with the following: if i am still hungry after eating what seemed like "enough" food, i have been forcing myself to drink a big glass of water and waiting 1/2 hour...i usually find i am satiated at that point, but if i am still hungry, i eat a low cal snack like a cut-up pepper or cuke and with more water and invariably, i am all set after that...

vicki, the cats are slowing down the showings?..how is that?...ya know, curious minds... :-)

i'm am absolutely positive and sticking to the plan...ignoring the feeling that the scale should be moving down more than it has...i've been at these blitzes long enough to know that my body is gonna fight my efforts, but that's okay...i WILL win this battle...

only had a few ribs last night and they were very good...my appetite is still somewhat suppressed - not sure if the tea and cinnamon is helping with that...

gonna have an hb egg white for breakfast, probably a leftover couple ribs for lunch and chicken salad on salad tonight...and lots of fluid!!!

hope everyone has a strong will and a great day today!...let's kick some butt!
Old 04-11-2012, 10:47 AM   #109

just polished off 1one 5 oz can of chicken of the sea tuna

solid white with 2 T mayo in it. Just what the Grand Negus ordered. It was actually filling. I washed it down with my FAYGO choc soda mixed with coffee. Tonight will be rib order #2 with the rest of the chinese veggies. to be on the safe side, i will try to postpone eating till 8 pm, so I will full still at 9 pm. So, today's eats cost me not one penny extra. Makes it taste even better. Tony, i gotta ask...i am a curious troll. why egg whites only? FF
Old 04-11-2012, 01:23 PM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

ff, my cholesterol has been an issue and i have refused to take meds, so i try to moderate dietary sources whenever i can...i eat enough red meat, cheese, etc., so i figure i can live without egg yolks...

i got on the scale today and was happy to see 222.8, down 1 lb. from yesterday...whew!...so i am down 2.8 lbs. so far during this blitz...i'm trying not to think about how many times i have lost this same weight before... :-)
Old 04-11-2012, 02:13 PM   #111
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.6/336.4/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 11/11/13
Hey all!

Vicki, I'm curious about the "cat" house, too!

The pavers on my slab were laid yesterday. It looks so nice! I can't walk on it for a couple of days to make sure the mortar sets, but when I can, I will take pictures. I'll have some one help me figure out how to post them so you all can see.

I think I'm going to have a loss this week! I'll weigh on Friday morning and report in, as that will be the end of week 1.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:46 PM   #112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tony, cat "odor" and dander reported by one of the last people through 2 1/2 weeks ago. I have been on sniff patrol and wandering around on my hands and knees with my nose to the carpet trying to detect the cat "odor".
Old 04-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

woo hoo, marilee - on the pavers and what i know will be a loss...

here's an example of what i can do when i am motivated (oh my, where i would be if i just stayed motivated?!):
today i was busy writing and did not go into the kitchen until almost 2:30 p.m....i wanted to grab a bunch of chicken wings and would have last month, but not now...i opted for the hb egg white i had not eaten for breakfast, chugged two big glasses of water and was fine!

tonight, i had one small bowl of salad with a scoop of chicken salad, EVOO and acv, and more water and then instead of another bowl which i would normally eat, i backed away from the table and i'm gonna wait until a bit later to eat some more...i would have eaten something else later anyway...

i don't know why i can't seem to make these choices all the time...

vicki, it might be worth having the carpets shampooed and using some fabreeze before a showing :-)

Last edited by tony8; 04-11-2012 at 03:53 PM..
Old 04-12-2012, 01:52 AM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki, maybe some plug ins in every room? We have had issues with cats in past years but thank goodness not the two we have now and not in this house. If you can find where the "bad" corner is there are pet odor sprays that have enzymes and anti bacterial chemicals in them. Good luck!

Marilee, you and Tony are having great weeks! Can't wait to see the pictures of your patio area!

FF, good for you for being full on a 5oz can of tuna! Mixing your coffee with chocolate Faygo sounds delicious. I used to put a spoon full of diet coco in my coffee a few years ago and found it very satisfying.

My sister and I have about finished touching up the upstairs and have started stripping wall paper in the living room. I am not seeing any weight loss or fat reduction from all that activity but time will tell. Still need to get some green tea brewing Tony. You are doing very well. It is so true that if you can get in the mode of staying away from the food the creative and industrious side comes to the surface. Keep up the good work!

FF, another couple of weeks and you will be having great walking weather when the cold winds we are having now are done and the scorching heat hasn't arrived yet.

Had a hamburg, salad, avocado and yogurt with blueberries yesterday. Have some hamburgers cooked already to bring over to the house for lunch. If I can stay prepared in advance I can stay out of trouble.

Have a great Thursday all!

Last edited by Abigale; 04-12-2012 at 01:55 AM..
Old 04-12-2012, 04:23 AM   #115

I was ravenous when i got home.

I had my sauceless ribs and ATKINS-ized veggies between 5 & 5:30pm. But, later on around 7, i ordered 3 cheeseburgers with a side of bacon. (cheaper than ordering 3 bacon cheeseburgers) I cannot always fool mother nature. Sometimes u gotta FEED THE NEED. If I had let the hunger go on too long, it would result in an off plan episode. And, having recently come out of one long, long, long episode, I do not relish the idea of being sucked into another one. My total carbs for the day were under 10. Ergo, i am calling it a VICTORY. Also, please see my thread in the main board entitled: FEELING GOOD ALL UNDER. FF
Old 04-12-2012, 06:04 AM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Made it through day #3. Got my walk in yesterday too! My headache is a lot less today (knock on wood) so I hope to get some other form of exercise in tonight.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:36 AM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

ff, hope the burgers pushed you away from the edge of an off-plan episode...good strategy...

abi, more wallpaper!!!???...omg, is that job ever gonna end?...my arms are tired thinking about it!...sounds like a good day of eating yesterday - congrats!

artemis, way to hang in there, girl...i'm sorry if i worry about you sometimes - you remind me of my daughters, and among other things, i'm an italian father - what can i say?... :-)

i am so happy for my willpower right now - i don't know how long it will last - i've been around long enough to know it will not be this easy forever...i believe it is coming from an aversion to feeling as blah as i was the past couple of months and my upcoming doctor's visit...

i was not really eating off-plan but was not as disciplined about portions and was tasting a few things here and there...but those fish oil pills made me feel so horrible and i know the allergic reaction i was having was affecting my metabolism and weight...my blood work is a three-month snapshot, so it is not gonna look good, but i am confident it is improving now and that i can talk my way out of more meds, at least until i prove my numbers will look better during another three-month reprieve period...

going to the fisher cats game tonight and will have a cheeseburger with my boy - like blondie, i will try not to look like a critter nibbling the burger out of the bun...

by the way, where the heck is blondie?...
Old 04-12-2012, 10:32 AM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

just lost a loooong post...i'll try to redo it later...weighed in at 220.8 repeatedly today - don't know if the scale is broken but that is down 2 lbs. since yesterday...hmmmm...

didn't eat til afternoon today and had an hb egg white and three big glasses of water...feeling strong!, finally... :-)
Old 04-12-2012, 10:50 AM   #119

mayo fest

the new egg salad at work, is 5 parts mayo to 1 part egg, so i took a little and mixed it with the tuna. i better start boiling my own eggs. Nothing lasts forever, does it. the tuna and chicken salads are still excellent. they did not have the small containers. So I took slabs of the stuff. i have enough for 3 x. I put the rest quickly into the fridge, before my wandering eye gets the better of me. I may take home from the diner tonight. they have a filet mignon dinner about 14 oz size. Will that be enough for me, I wonder. If I eat it slowly enough it might. also, tonight is the NY Philharmonic concert on the radio, which begins at curfew time. So, one hopes that i will not lust for more. They have a cooked escarole which i have not seen in any other diner in Brooklyn, or anywhere else. So, of course, instead of potato and veggie, I will get 2 portions of escarole. the carb count is almost non-existant as escarole is lettuce. but, yes, i will check the gram counter, and also verify that there is no sugar added. It is just too damned delicious. Yes, i just phoned them. No sugar in the escarole. Who knew that one day I would feel about veggies like I do about desserts. regrettably, i still feel about desserts the way i now feel about veggies. I think there is a song in there Tony, get to work!!! FF
Old 04-12-2012, 11:13 AM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

ff, i already wrote it: "she left me for a zucchini" - a real heartbreaker... :-)

we are thinking about taking a vacation to hawaii this year - we've been to the other 49 states and this would be the last one!...we would stay for between 1 and 2 weeks - maybe rent a condo for part of it and island-hop a bit?...i have no idea where to start in trying to figure this out...anyone got any ideas?...

if my sis, jenny, had not abandoned me, i'd be all set as i think she has gone there the past two years...oh, jenny?....lol...
Closed Thread