Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2012, 08:57 AM   #691
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/342.4/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Hi Tony! What a nice post. I think TJ's is Trader Joe's.....

Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2012, 09:28 AM   #692
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Yes, Marilee is correct, TJ's = Trader Joe's.

I forgot to weigh this morning and of course it is too late now So, will weigh tomorrow. On track so far.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:50 AM   #693
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Oh, I wondered about the groceries at TJ's ha ha. In my family TJ's is TJ Max store.

Good going Marilee and Beth!!!! I will now try to get those numbers lined up staight.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:42 AM   #694
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
greetings, Tony

glad to see u back. my 1st prime directive when i retire is, after i retire, to get to VEGAS. If i do take a course (or 2) at Bklyn College, not before the summer semester of 2013,so the April or May of 2013 looks good for VEGAS. So, alert your friend. I would also like to check out some LCFs who live there. I hit the jackpot today lunchwise. Tilapia in lemon butter sauce, to which i added garlic powder and hot pepper flakes. I got a double dose. However, 1 was enough. I am saving the other one for tomorrow. I guess that means I have to show up for work. Odd how in the envelope of cool air, I am in a fairly good mood. At home, i am in despair. Somehow I must try to finagle enough latinum to run my AC at home. Even the furniture is perspiring!!! FF
Old 06-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #695
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
ahhhh, trader joe's!...never been there but have heard all good things...my in-laws bring us stuff from there as they have one in ct...i don't think there is one in nh yet - at least not close by...

abi, i was thinking tj maxx too!...btw, don't forget to subtract my 1.6 lb. gain last week from our totals and post it in (parentheses) next to my name - i earned it!!!

ff, if you ever learn how to make chinese ribs at home, you'll save enough latinum to cool off the taj mahal!...lol...even so, you probably don't have the time - maybe after retirement! :-) maybe i'll meet you in vegas and we take a drive to visit marilee in az for that patio party - that may be the only way we ever see britt again...

marilee, i know after that last paragraph, you are probably packing to leave the area... :-)

vicki, be a good girl today - we need you!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 06-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #696
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony8 View Post
maybe i'll meet you in vegas and we take a drive to visit marilee in az for that patio party - that may be the only way we ever see britt again...

marilee, i know after that last paragraph, you are probably packing to leave the area... :-)
Come on down! You can stay at my place.

I'm sitting here eating lunch and it actually is very enjoyable for the limited food and choices I get.

3 oz grilled chicken breast, a cucumber, melba toast and strawberries.

I have to admit, I don't like melba toast because every time I eat it I wind up choking and coughing it's so dang dry! I mean, how do you know when it's stale?
Old 06-12-2012, 02:57 PM   #697

i love melba toast, especially the rye flavor.

i used to eat a box in one sitting. of course, even 1 piece is off plan for me, these days. Cooking is also postponed, until the weather upstairs improves. I am certain I can make some great ribs, be they Chinese or Klingon!!! FF
Old 06-12-2012, 04:42 PM   #698
Blabbermouth!!!

I had a jar of Coconut Manna in the cupboard that needed to be used. I got on the Nutive website and looked up some recipes. I ended up chopping up broccoli, caulie, shrooms, onions, celery and carrots and sauteed along with manta made into milk and added red curry paste. Wow, yummy. I love thai style food. A bit spicy but what the heck.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:36 PM   #699
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hmmm, vicki, that sounds good...i never think to use eastern spices in food and i love it when i eat out...i think i will make a point to try some thai and indian recipes sometime soon...thanks for the idea!...

thx, marilee, you are a sweetie :-) i LOVE arizona...i think i've told you, we have been all over that state in our rv...there are not too many places i haven't been and i LOVE all of them...the next time we are out there, i will definitely look you up and take you out for a nice dinner...

great day today:
b: skipped
l: skipped
d: texas bbq - 1 chicken breast, sausage and brisket, baked beans and cole slaw...YUMMY!
Old 06-13-2012, 12:08 AM   #700
Major LCF Poster!

Ok Tony, please check my math. You know that is my weak spot.

Beth, are you and your son going to a regular camping area and setting up a tent? Will it be near a stream or lake for swimming? We used to go camping when we were kids and then Dad would set up the tents on the lawn and we would sleep out there all summer in between our trips. Lake Champlain and Lake George were our favorites. You are making some great memories for your son. Take lots of pictures!

Vicki, I don't think I have ever had any Thai food but it does sound very good! You certainly can't go wrong with that combination of vegetables.

I made some spice low carb bars yesterday that were not bad. No sweetener - just flax meal, almond meal, eggs, vanilla, coconut oil, walnuts and 4 different spices. With cream cheese spread on top I found it filling and satisfying. A good take along snack or breakfast.

Marilee, do you realize what you are getting yourself into inviting those wild and crazy Vegas gamblers for a patio party? I like melba toast too. There used to be a sesame seed one that was salted that I liked. Like FF, I could eat the whole box. Know what you mean about kind of choking on the dry crumbs. That used to happen to me too!

FF, you definately need to figure out a way to afford to run your air during the summer. There is no sense being miserable at home for 4 or 5 months out of the year. I feel so sorry for you. I guess the upside is the heat is making your appetite really subside. Hoping you have a very pleasant surprise when you weigh in at Weight Watchers later this summer!

Tony, know that song will be terrific that you are recording on thurs. How does that work? Do you have a studio singer record it and then someone sends it around to the singers to see if someone will pick it up? Understand the worry with Sarah. It is good she has a dog. Does it bark when it hears something? That is a good protection right there!

Well the lady liked the house and her husband is coming tomorrow to see it. Apparently they will keep the beautiful farmhouse even if they do buy in town. She told my brother she had been saving and looking for 10 years for something in town. She has some kind of business across from the park so she could even walk to work. She said some days she has to run home more than once and that is a 15 mile drive one way. We'll see how this goes.

Had leftover steak yesterday, spice bread with cream cheese, regular coffee with cream.

Have a super Wed. all!
Old 06-13-2012, 05:44 AM   #701
Blabbermouth!!!

Not happy, 227.6
Old 06-13-2012, 06:40 AM   #702

stayed home today.

it is incredible how different food behavior varies with one's milieu. i had 2 thin slices of muenster cheese washed down with FAYGO. i almost never have bkfst at work, and most often no lunch either. whereas i get hungry at work, i am busy, and i have plenty of zero carb beveridges (incl water)to see me through. at home, i really have to examine how i feel before i open the fridge door. One thing IS certain. Whatever I do consume, and how much of it, will be well within the parameters of VLC, and almost no FRANKENFOODS. AND, nothing after 21:00 hours. FF
Old 06-13-2012, 07:14 AM   #703
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abi, not sure on the math, but i don't think marilee lost 8 lbs. this week, but rather 8 total for the challenge, which would make her loss this week about 2.4 lbs - is that right marilee?...also, check with vicki, but she may have had a gain this week that you have to subtract...

okay, enough admin!...

abi, i am recording demos of songs i am writing and those recordings first get published by companies who take them to the artists to see if they will put them on CDs...quite a process and looooong odds, but those of us doing this at this level are in the same boat...it's a labor of love for sure!...good luck with the house - i'll keep my fingers crossed!

ff, hope you took a mental health day and that you are not actually sick!...enjoy the day off...

had a great night out with the kids last night...my oldest son and younger daughter drive back to nh today - i will miss them til i get home on saturday...

today we are meeting songwriter friends for lunch - it won't be low-cal for sure, but i will try to keep it moderate and my one big meal for today...

i will try to check in later...off to the studio for a pre-production meeting!
Old 06-13-2012, 07:34 AM   #704
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No loss-no gain, which is fine. Because I went on HCG, I didn't weigh weekly because of the big gain in loading. So, I'm giving a total for the challenge, which is a total of 8 pounds. Only 2 to go and I made it!!!!!

I would love to have ff and Tony come and visit - and anyone else who wants to. Tony, you are so fortunate to have travelled all over the US. I've been to quite a few states, but not nearly all of them. I have never been to New England and I would love to go - especially in the Fall when the leaves are changing. Fall is my favorite season.

Marilee
Old 06-13-2012, 11:43 AM   #705
Major LCF Poster!

So Marilee should I put down 2.4 pounds for this week?

And Vicki, should I put you down for a gain?
Old 06-13-2012, 12:00 PM   #706
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigale View Post

I am not good at math. Whatever comes out to a total of 8 pounds....
Old 06-13-2012, 12:08 PM   #707
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigale View Post

Guess so
Old 06-13-2012, 01:08 PM   #708
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What is everyone's total loss so far for the challenge?
Old 06-13-2012, 02:04 PM   #709
Blabbermouth!!!

I don't consider anything at this point. Not until I am under 220. I am swinging in the 220's right now and have been for months actually. To celebrate my weight, I binged on carby crap today and am sitting on the pity pot. I am sure no one else can relate HA
Old 06-13-2012, 02:04 PM   #710
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hahaha...i shouldn't be laughing, abi, but i can imagine your brain is fried trying to keep track of all these numbers!...

marilee, you have an open invitation to stay with us anytime you want to come to new england - and i mean that! :-)

i think i was down 4.2 total pounds so far and didn't weigh this week, so unlike marilee and vicki, i am behind schedule...i gotta finish the month strong!

so, i was very well-behaved at lunch...with a million yummy burgers and fries etc. on the menu, i got a grilled chicken sandwich with lettuce and tomato and ditched 90% of the bread which was soft and delicious!...it took some willpower, but i am feeling heavy and cannot afford to get off track...

emmy and chris left after lunch to drive back home and i already miss them... :-( sarah is working the next 4 days, so i may not see her either...but i do LOVE my apartment!...it is all furnished and comfy... :-)
Old 06-13-2012, 04:41 PM   #711

i made it through the day fine.

i fell asleep at about 5 pm, and woke up at exaxtly 7:19. missed supper. not hungry anyway. i was not SICK, but i slupped in the bathroom this a.m. fortunately, no lasting damage; just a good reason to stay home. i am anxious to go to work tomorrow though. Consumed about 3 grams of carbs (broccoli...a few florettes). Very pleased with myself. FF
Old 06-13-2012, 07:09 PM   #712
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i haven't really had dinner...went to the market, but i'm leaving on saturday and don't want to leave a lot of food here, so i didn't get much...i was thinking about jenny as i bought a nice bag of fresh cherries - did i mention i love cherries?...

anyway, i ate a big handful and some water and that's it...i'm hungry so i will have a small snack before i cut myself off for the night...better run!
Old 06-14-2012, 02:46 AM   #713
Major LCF Poster!

Lol - my head is spinning. I propose that everyone posts at the end of their daily posts the total they have lost so far. If you have gained, then you deduct it. The total of all the final losses will be the deciding factor if we achieve Tony's 50 pound total for the challenge. If someone has a better idea feel free to come forward.

Aaaah, I can feel the stress leaving me.

FF, so glad you are ok after your slip in the bathroom. Wow, that could have been serious!

Tony, I think it is great that you sing the demos for your own songs. That certainly is the best way for the artists to understand the emphasis you want to convey. One of these days the music people are going to say, " Hey, Tony needs be singing this one!" You certainly have the talent for it!

Vicki, I sooo can relate to your day yesterday. The same has happened way too many times to me. Have a good day today.

Marilee, 8 pounds total is so terrific. You are ahead of the pack and for sure will lose those last 2 to get to the challenge total of 10. kutgw!

I was wondering if Jenny was going to be picking cherries again this summer too?

Beth, how are you doing? Hard to post if you are camping in the wilds right?

Artemis and Britt, please post. We worry about you and miss you!

While my sister and I were cleaning off the back porch another man, also friends with the people across the street and his wife is also a friend of my brothers came by. His wife had told him to come by and look at the house. Fortunately we were there to bring him through. So the saga gets more interesting. Anyway, the husband of the lady my brother brought through the other day will look at the house today. I will keep you posted.

My job hunting is not going too well so far. Wish me luck!

Had some cheese, ginger bread with cream cheese, and some nuts yesterday.

my challenge total so far - 2.4
Old 06-14-2012, 04:22 AM   #714

i am most certainly a FALL GUY(troll, that is)Gibby

From late Oct when the temps start crisping up. I had done some research a while back for a long weekend at a B&B in New England. the prices were like a 5 star hotel. By the time I found an affordable place, the reviews were nothing better than a roach motel. In order to do anything, I will have to win a major lottery prize. anyway, back at work. someone left the AC on, so it was heaven when i walked in. Abi, good luck with the job hunting. The weather outside my house is supposed to be reasonable and w/o rain through the weekend. I hope i do not vegetate again. I dropped down to a zero to 3 gram a day experiment, which will end after tomorrow. I wanted to see if a virtually biologically zero carb plan would shock my system into more energy. I do not feel worse, but I am not getting that jolt that i seek. So, i ask: For those of you who are very energetic, apart from caffeine, what gives you the jolt? FF
Old 06-14-2012, 06:01 AM   #715
Blabbermouth!!!

So far, I am off the pity pot. I did a good workout this morning and actually worked up a sweat. It is only 0800 basically, so it is starting off ok. But, my day usually does. Now, if I can stay out of the kitchen except for meals, I should be ok.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:29 AM   #716
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Vicki, what's 0800 mean?
Old 06-14-2012, 07:37 AM   #717
Blabbermouth!!!

8:00 a.m.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:05 AM   #718
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So when did you join the military?
Old 06-14-2012, 08:30 AM   #719
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hahaha!...you guys are a hoot!...

abi, you misunderstood me when i said i was recording demos - i didn't mean i was singing them, and you only think i should because you haven't heard me sing the "worktapes" which are the first recording of the songs ever made, before the demos... :-) good luck in the job search, but i'm really hoping you sell the house and take the summer off...lol...

vicki, it's tough to stay on plan if the bad stuff is in the house...for me, it just doesn't work...i go through periods where i can stay away from it, but lapse back if it's right in front of me daily...to my credit, i haven't overdone it in a long time, but then again, i am 15 lbs. heavier than i was 15 months ago, so i don't deserve too much credit!...good luck kid!

gotta run to the studio to record the music this morning...the singer was supposed to sing at 1900 hours tonight, but got sick and won't sing it til a week from tomorrow...

wishing all of you a strong will and a great day!
Old 06-14-2012, 09:23 AM   #720
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
So when did you join the military?
I didn't but being around it in first marriage helped. But, mainly, healthcare does the same thing: military time for documentation.
Closed Thread