Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2012, 08:51 AM   #661
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Congrats Marilee, loss of puffy face. I was just looking at myself in the mirror GASP and saw puffiness and jowls, egad.

kbeth, congrats on being back on track.

So far I am on track. But, it is only morning LOL. All goes to pot come around lunch or mid-afternoon.

In the kitchen this morning. Made a huge tossed salad, 3 bean salad, seafood salad, hummus, green olive and cream cheese dip, and chocolate mint cream cheese clouds. The Cream cheese is now all used up LOL.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2012, 11:17 AM   #662
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
it's not a purse. AND it is not European either.

it is a SHOPRITE earth bag, which will have to do until they come out with a FERENGHINAR bag. Congrats, Gibby on the add'l lb lost. One less to concern yourself with. I am doing something today that i have not done in weeks. i am eating lunch-tuna. If someone compliments me on my healthy glow, i will know it came from the west coast. It tastes good anyway. Enjoy the weekend !!! FF
Old 06-08-2012, 02:31 PM   #663
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/218.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
ff carries a man-purse, ff carries a man-purse!!!...hahaha!...i couldn't resist, bro...

congrats on the skinny-face, marilee :-)

kbeth, do whatever you have to to stay motivated - only weigh if there is no risk of it throwing you off-track...the challenge is supposed to help, not hurt, so no worries, girl...

vicki, vicki, vicki... :-)

good day, so far:
b: skipped
l: leftover haddock
d: dry-rub bbq pork chop

not drinking enough water - gotta flush!
Old 06-09-2012, 02:30 AM   #664
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
FF, up in my neck of the woods all the guys (and gals) carry back packs. I don't because I was living in Alabama in my formation years. If I have to carry anything it is in a plastic walmart bag. lol Sorry Tony, I am a walmart shopper. FF, hope you get an early morning stroll in!

Beth, keep that resolve going - whatever it takes!

Marilee, terrific on the pound and the slimmer face! I hope Britt is ok too. She is so funny, it is a treat to read her posts.

Vicki, you are so smart to get all your food prepared early. Sure keeps the crazy binge eating at bay to have meals ready to go.

Had egg salad, pork roast, green beans and as Beth would say, "PO' man's bulletproof coffee yesterday. Bought DH a rotisserie attachment for his new grill as an early father's day present. Kept the receipt as I am not sure if it will work on our style of grill even though the grill and attachment are "Backyard Grill" names. We'll see. Do love the smell of a chicken roasting on the grill and fun to watch too. ( doesn't take much to entertain me -lol)

Have a great Saturday all!

Last edited by Abigale; 06-09-2012 at 02:33 AM..
Old 06-09-2012, 06:40 AM   #665
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Saw a small loss today - down 4 ounces, but I'll take it.

Lots to do today - Saturday chores, hair cut, etc. I'll check back in later.

Today's eats:

B-coffee with sweetner
L-turkey burger wrapped in lettuce with tomato and onion and mustard, 1 melba toast
S-strawberries
D-3 oz sirloin steak with tomatoes and cucumbers, 1 melba toast
S-strawberries or an apple

TTYL
Old 06-09-2012, 10:55 AM   #666
Blabbermouth!!!

Heading to a ball game in about an hour and it is going to get hot today. AC will be coming on later. Also, DH and I are going to try out a church service this evening. I commit myself to a 12 step meeting on Sunday mornings so I don't attend any church.

Lunch today will be some variation of all the stuff I made up yesterday. DH also picked strawberries two days last week at a berry farm and my gosh, they are far more yummy than the one's you find in the store. These are "real" and not mutated into giants with white interiors LOL.

I also picked up my first bag from the CSA this week. More strawberries (I froze most), peas and lettuce. Yum. Of course that stuff went into the salad.
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
9-28 206.4 down 11.8 lbs Total - 54 lbs
10-28 203.2 down 3.2 lbs Total - 57.2 lbs
11-27 204.8 up 1.6 lbs Total - 55.6 lbs
Old 06-09-2012, 03:31 PM   #667
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

happy saturday, guys!...hope everyone is off to a great weekend!...

vicki, those strawberries sound soooooo yummy!

marilee, keep losing at this rate and you're gonna need a new wardrobe by tuesday!

abi, let me know how that rotisserie works out - i am contemplating getting one...i'll spare you my walmart rant!...lol...

not much new here today...hung around with dw and relaxed most of the day...my two younger sons are the only ones home - the other three kids are all in nashville this week - and the boys were out playing softball today and are going to a bbq tonight...it is rare that dw and i ever have the house to ourselves...it's been nice!...

today's menu:
l: leftover pork chop
d: ???

the weather is gorgeous - if we find some ambition, maybe we will head out to dinner somewhere...

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 06-10-2012, 02:12 AM   #668
Major LCF Poster!

I don't know what happened yesterday but something got into me and I ate everything in sight! Maybe I should start JUDDD and call yesterday my up day. Today has got to be a down day for sure.

Tony, I have to be loyal to WM. My son in law works for their corporate office in Bentonville, Arkansas and like he told them when they hired him he needed to be able to put 4 kids through college and pay for 3 weddings. So everytime I shop there I figure it is going into the grandkid's college funds. lol

Not much to say at this point except I will check back later and try to get some inspiration to get my eating back in check.

Have relaxing Sunday all!
Old 06-10-2012, 07:41 AM   #669
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kbeth
Stats: 5'4" 43yo 161/148/125
WOE: Paleo-esque
Start Date: April 2002/Restart April 2012
You know, Abi...I am fascinated by JUDDD. The more I read over in their section, the more I feel like I would like to try it when weight loss slows down for me. In particular, it seems to help people with binge issues. That is is very appealing. The folks that do it can't say enough good things about it. Let me know if you think you might get serious about it. Either way, glad you came here to post about yesterday and get that behind you!!
Old 06-10-2012, 02:26 PM   #670
Major LCF Poster!

Beth, I am fascinated by JUDDD too. I just don't know if I can cut myself back enough any more on what would be my down days. I don't have the book but I noticed today two ladies that are short like me said they were eating around 1600 calories on their up days and 350 on their down days. I have done the starvation business so many times over the years it gets harder and harder. But I am willing to think it over. Do you think you are going to give it a try? Now I joked that today should be a down day but DH is cooking steaks out as I write and there is nothing low cal about a thick rib eye. I have already had around 1000 calories so there goes a down day. It is something to think about though.
Old 06-10-2012, 05:12 PM   #671
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No gain or loss today, which is fine.

Abi, if you go on JUDD keep us posted (I know will ). I've checked it out and think it would be of value for me for maintaining, but I can't see losing on it.

If you go on it, keep us posted.
Old 06-10-2012, 05:54 PM   #672

purseless weekend.

i did not venture forth. i did pack away lots of seltzer water. i am forced now to hook up the 2nd fan. i am dripping with sweat. Talk to y'all tomorrow. FF
Old 06-10-2012, 06:32 PM   #673
Blabbermouth!!!

goofed around today. Went to TJ's and splurged on Dark Chocolate Mints, my treat. Everything else today was on plan as was yesterday.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:34 PM   #674
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abi, yesterday was yesterday - in the past - don't dwell on it at all...sounds like you are back on track today - good girl ;-) if my son earned his living at walmart, i'd shop there too...actually, now that i know yours does, i don't hate it quite as much :-)

marilee, you have had a great week even if you don't lose another ounce...i'm very proud of you!

ff, sorry it was hot there - it was so nice here today...warm and dry - spent over an hour in the pool and got some good exercise in...

hi kbeth!...how's the little guy?...

hi vicki, i LOVE dark chocolate mints!...

had a good day today:
l: buffalo chicken
d: steak tips and sauteed broccoli with garlic and evoo...

i head out early in the a.m. for nashvegas...emmy and chris will pick me up from the airport at 11:40, then we'll rent a u-haul and move sarah's furniture to her new place and try to find me a sofa and loveseat so i have a place to sit...

sarah left me her mattress that her dog chewed holes in and i bought her a new one for her new house :-)

i will check in when i can - be good kids!!!

Last edited by tony8; 06-10-2012 at 06:37 PM..
Old 06-11-2012, 02:00 AM   #675
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, Tony, today is another day and tomorrow's weigh in is not going to be pretty I'm afraid. Great that the kids will be helping you move Sarah to new place and help you get settled with your dog chewed mattress. lol Everything we own is dog chewed. bath mats, towels, you name it. She is pretty good now at going on 4 but don't leave any shoes or slippers around!

FF, I bet last night was miserable. It was right on the edge here in the country. I almost turned the air conditioner on. I have been loving the cool nights and days lately. That heat just zaps you. At least you will be in your air conditioned office today! Another day in the 80's.

Marilee, I will keep you posted if I get serious about JUDDD. I would do it pretty much the low carb way. It looks like most people eat what they want but I am pretty much indoctrinated with the no sugar, no flour, low carb veggie way of eating. I do feel that eating calories high one day and low the next would get your body's metabolism moving. I just don't know if I can do the low calorie days. I will keep you posted.

Vicki, TJ's is a fun place to shop or just window shop. They sure have some great deals there. Did you buy anything there?

Today my sister and I will pull everything out of its holding pattern in the garage and give it a good sweep etc. Try to organize what will go back in there and what can go to hopefully the last dump run. There are 3 twin bed sets in the house that my older sister's kids want for their children but no one has come to get them yet. My brother has a cart he hitches to the back of his car and says he will bring them up to her house in Canaan this week and leave them there in their barn. My sister does not know this yet. lol I need to get someone in to clean the carpets in the next couple of days and they need to be out of the way.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Last edited by Abigale; 06-11-2012 at 02:02 AM..
Old 06-11-2012, 05:18 AM   #676

whatever the temp was outside....

it was at least 30 degrees or more inside with the fans ON. My clean shirt was saturated with sweat before I left the building. The AC is slowly starting to come on here at work. I will soon have some relief. You may now understand why I look forward to winter. Of course, i must also believe, that being as heavy as I am, I create my own climate. FF
Old 06-11-2012, 07:59 AM   #677
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning! The scale finally moved - down a pound for a total loss for this challenge of 7.2 pounds!!!

Abi, I think you could handle the low calorie days. Just keep telling yourself that it is only for one day and you can eat "whatever you want" the next day. It's all mental....

You guys are funny with your heat comments - 104 today!

Here's the menu for today:

B-coffee with sweetner
L-3 oz chicken breast, cucumber and tomato, 1 melba toast
S-apple
D-turkey burgers with tomatoes and onions and lettuce, 1 melba toast
S-strawberries

Vicki, how was church? Where did you go?

Marilee
Old 06-11-2012, 11:15 AM   #678
Major LCF Poster!

Let's hear for the Gibster!!! That is AWESOME, girl!!

Abi...hopefully there's no love lost after Mattressgate. lol. Sibling relationships are really interesting, aren't they? It sounds as though you've all done really well through everything with your Mom's house, though.

FF...I hear you on the heat. I have ALWAYS run hot...even when I was a thinner person. I love the Summer...but I just have to accept that I am a gross, sweaty mess for three months, lol.

vicki...a goof around day sounds really good! I am not a shopper, but I enjoy TJ's, too. GREAT deals and a big variety of goodies.

tony...how great to hear about your day with dw. That has to be a treat!
I loved reading about everything your guys did with the cabin, btw. That is incredible!! Reading about your thoughts on furthering your education...I think I missed something, lol. Did you sell your hardware store? Man, alot happened while I was MIA.
Oh, and my little guy is great! My husband is working out-of-town for most of the Summer and so I am calling this my "I am Woman, Hear me Roar Summer Tour." I am taking him and the dog camping sans husband. I am doing everything I can to make the Summer of his 6th year a really great memory.

**Disclaimer for any weirdos out there. I realize the risk I am taking in this age of technology by saying my husband is OOT most of the Summer. Don't bother. I have BIG, FEROCIOUS guard dog and a state-of-the-art alarm system, plus a stun gun, lots of company, observant neighbors...ooh, and a fierce right hook!! That is all....

Food-wise it's like the movie "groundhog day". I made a huge batch of chicken breast. I have been eating shredded chicken breast stirred together with mixed greens and high fat blue cheese dressing for pretty much every meal. Totally easy and hitting the spot!
<---Avatar Summer 2009. Soooo close to goal and then had a mad, passionate weekend with sugar. Let me be a lesson to you. Not sure you're strong enough to cheat and then get right back on plan?? Then don't do it!!

Last edited by kbeth; 06-11-2012 at 11:22 AM..
Old 06-11-2012, 11:15 AM   #679

good for u gibby!!!

7.2 is substantial. at this moment i am not at all hungry. tonight, i will have roast chicken & some cheeseburgers. that is not to say i will eat all of it. i will start with the burgers first. if that is not enough, i will hit the chicken. i will do all i can to see to it that the burgers ARE enough. the chicken comes with soup or salad, and a veggie and potato. so, of course i will get another veg instead of the tater, and chicken broth instead of the salad. so, i can borrow the incidentals from the chicken dinner, if need be. FF
Old 06-11-2012, 12:33 PM   #680
Blabbermouth!!!

Yea, auntie, you are on a roll now.

We bought veggies and fruit primarily at TJs. I have been away from 0700 until around 12:30 this morning, goofing again. Feet hurt and I am ready for a nap of which I just may indulge myself.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:20 PM   #681

i am sure Phoenix is a wonderful city.

if it was located by the 49th parallel, i would consider visiting, regardless of the season. But, the beginning of Hitchcock's PSYCHO(which takes place in Phoenix)is dripping in sweat. I hope the summer here is unseasonably cool. Meanwhile, the chicken and burgers will have to wait for another time. It will be quicker to order chinese. FF
Old 06-11-2012, 04:43 PM   #682
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatferenghi View Post
if it was located by the 49th parallel, i would consider visiting, regardless of the season. But, the beginning of Hitchcock's PSYCHO(which takes place in Phoenix)is dripping in sweat. I hope the summer here is unseasonably cool. Meanwhile, the chicken and burgers will have to wait for another time. It will be quicker to order chinese. FF
We have air conditioning now My home is probably cooler than yours is.

Last edited by Gibby; 06-11-2012 at 04:44 PM..
Old 06-12-2012, 02:35 AM   #683
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry to let you all down but no loss today. Sure am hoping that Marilee will come to the rescue!

I knew when I mentioned the highs were in the 80's you would get a kick out of that Marilee. That's cool to you isn't it out in Phoenix.

Naps are good for the soul Vicki. If I am napping I am not snacking and so they are good for the waistline too.

Yes, Beth, we all do get along very well and so far so good on the house not causing any divisions. My younger sister and I cleaned out the garage and organized the stuff left yesterday. DH is picking up a load today to put out by the street that one of his buddies lives on. It is a busy highway and this guy puts stuff out there all the time. He says if it does not get picked up he puts a sign on it that says $5.00 and it gets stolen. lol so he still gets rid of it!

We are getting the carpets cleaned tomorrow and the furnace is having its yearly maintenance check up on Friday. An interesting development. We planned on listing by maybe Friday but have not signed a contract yet. My brother has a friend that has called him twice about letting him know when we list it and the lady across the street mentioned she is friends with the wife and the wife is anxious to see it. My brother called last night to say the wife had just called him about seeing it. So we may show it to them before we list it. My brother says they live in a beautiful farmhouse that they renovated and added on to in a near by town. But apparently they want to move into the town of Brattleboro. Our neighbor has convinced them that she and we have the best locations in town although our house is pretty small and they would probably make some major changes to it. We shall see what develops today!

Hope you all have great day. I will check back later to post the losses. Good luck to everyone!!

Last edited by Abigale; 06-12-2012 at 02:38 AM..
Old 06-12-2012, 05:13 AM   #684

of that, i have no doubt, Gibby.

i have an AC as well. i just cannot afford to run it. it was beautifully cool yesterday here. but upstairs, it was intolerably hot. it is supposed to be relatively cool this week. But not in my house. I cannot hope for any relief until November. Even Oct stays warm lately. all I can do is stay on plan. I am not going to feel any better by cheating. FF
Old 06-12-2012, 06:11 AM   #685

i was just thinking about last summer...the weekend of 8/1/11.

i went to get a ticket for a $10.00 round-trip to Mohegan Sun in CT. The point is I WALKED THERE (no, not to CT, to the ticket office). it took me 4 hours. i do not know what possessed me to do something like that in such merciless heat, except to see if i can do it. I find 4 minutes of walking cruel and unususual punishment now. However, I am confident that I will get my groove back before the year is out. I love autumn and winter walks the best. But, i must get back to TWOdorland for that to happen. It will! FF
Old 06-12-2012, 07:58 AM   #686
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff-I couldn't walk 4 miles if my life depended on it. I'd probably die during the walk so I guess it wouldn't really matter

Down another 8 ounces so I'm down 8 pounds for the challenge.

Stay strong everyone.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:15 AM   #687
Major LCF Poster!

When I woke up this morning, I wasn't down anything, so I went back to bed. A couple of hours and another potty break later....and I am down a pound!! lol. So put me down for one big one, please Abi!
Packing up and heading out for camping. Wish me luck...I have every intention of staying on plan and being more active than normal.
Stay strong, y'all!
Old 06-12-2012, 08:42 AM   #688
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbeth View Post
When I woke up this morning, I wasn't down anything, so I went back to bed. A couple of hours and another potty break later....and I am down a pound!! lol. So put me down for one big one, please Abi!
Packing up and heading out for camping. Wish me luck...I have every intention of staying on plan and being more active than normal.
Stay strong, y'all!
Yea! It's weird. I get up in the morning and weigh and get a number and then about an hour later, I weigh again and it's down. Weird! Obviously, I count the lower number
Old 06-12-2012, 08:49 AM   #689
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey guys, happy tuesday and weigh-in day for the rest of you...i am nowhere near a scale so na, na, na, na, na!...lol...

sounds like there were losses for some of you (nice job marilee and kbeth!) and abi, nice job holding steady!...we are entering the home stretch for the challenge - there is still time for all of us to get serious and hit our goal even if we've struggled to this point, so it is "GUT CHECK" time kids!...we can do this!...three weeks to go!

abi, best of luck selling the house without a broker - that can result in significant savings!...hate to break this to you, but if you sell the house for a million dollars, that will still only result in you earning 57-cents an hour for all the work you've put in there! :-)

ff, you remind me so much of a life-long friend of mine in so many ways...he has lived in las vegas now for many years, and we do not see each other often, but we still talk and the two of you must be twins separated at birth...next to "quirky" in the dictionary there is a photo of the two of you in your star-trek t-shirts in front of the metropolitan opera house!...lol...

marilee, i'm still waiting for the party on your new patio!...congrats on the 8 lbs. - you are a lesson in resiliency, girl...i have learned to never count you out!...

kbeth, i am so happy you are so well-armed - it's sad that we live in a world where a disclaimer like that even has to cross your mind, but i not only understand it, i wish you could teach it to my daughters!...sarah has moved into a house on a dead-end street in a quiet neighborhood with god-knows-who living around her...her roommate is now gonna be working nights, so i am in full-blown worry mode...i liked it so much better when she was in the apartment (and in the gated complex) i am now renting - in fact, one of the reasons i am renting it, is so she has a place to stay if she gets creeped out where she is...it is so hard being a parent of grown kids - for me, it's harder when they were little and i could protect them 24/7!

have a great time with your son camping - what a great mom he has! :-) and yes, i sold my store, the commercial real estate, everything - i am songwriting full-time now and looking for something to keep me engaged when i am not in nashville...life is good!

vicki and others: what the heck is TJ's???????????????

lots going on in nashville...great to be here with three of my kids although chris and emmy will be driving back home today or tomorrow as emmy has to work on friday...getting the apt set up - picked up two sofas yesterday and some furniture chris has been assembling...bought some new stuff sarah has been pilfering - she's so cute...

recording a new song on thursday - hope it turns out well...

yesterday:
b: one strawberry
l: skipped
d: mexican food - grilled chicken covered with artichoke hearts, spinach and light sauce, 4 forks of rice and a few tortilla chips and guacamole

have a great day!!!

Last edited by tony8; 06-12-2012 at 08:51 AM..
Old 06-12-2012, 09:57 AM   #690
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Tony! What a nice post. I think TJ's is Trader Joe's.....
Closed Thread