Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 01:30 AM   #631
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Oh, boy, saved by the bell! I was really dreading posting this morning. A one week reprieve is just what I needed Tony!

Beth, I read that about using the grassfed butter too but I have not made it to the co-op yet to get some so am using regular unsalted and coconut oil. No mct. Yes, I find it a great breakfast smoothie drink after I whip it up. It has the color of having cream in it which I like too.

Vicki, here is a link to the guy who invented bulletproof coffee.The Bulletproof Executive

Mock danish sure sounds delicious Marilee. Vicki, let us know how it comes out. Marilee, the hcg has worked well for you before and I think it is good to mix it up to get the results we want.

FF, so happy to hear you have had no wardrobe malfunctions since March!

Tony, this rain is getting a bit old don't you think? Have the boys finished the new roof on the cottage now?

Going over to the house to wash some windows today. My brother has been doing some work there which I want to check out.

Have a great re-motivated Tuesday all!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2012, 04:17 AM   #632
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
morning, guys!

abi, the boys headed up there on thursday and came back on saturday night, and when they told me what they got done up there, I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT!...they did not re-roof this trip as the weather washed that out, but they sanded all the floors to prep for new carpet, ripped the sheetrock off two walls and re-installed new wallboard and taped and mudded both, de-constructed a brick chimney than went up through the roof and stacked the brick neatly at the back of the yard, then patched in sheathing over the hole in the roof and shingled that area, re-wired the entire living room of the house and installed three extra outlets, installed two new support posts under the cottage, removed all furniture and stored in our box truck to make it easier for carpet installers, cleaned the entire cottage, installed a new medicine cabinet and a few other miscellaneous things!!!...

i was shocked that they were able to get so much done - they were very excited to come home and tell me - it was a surprise...they are such good boys...

i'm happy everyone is happy about skipping weigh-in today...what an easy way to put a smile on all your faces! :-)

marilee, happy you are excited about starting the hcg - if you are up for it, we know it gets you results - i applaud your dedication to be aggressive about this!

my oldest son (27) and 21-year -old daughter left on a road trip to nashville last night to visit sarah...very cute!...they may still be there when i get there on monday...

talk to y'all in a bit!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Last edited by tony8; 06-05-2012 at 04:20 AM..
Old 06-05-2012, 05:06 AM   #633
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
wow tony...that is more work than i have done in over 60 earth years.

i will have to lay down after i get home this afternoon. i am exhausted just hearing about it. Barring the unforeseen, my earth bro, his wife, and i will be going to the Pokonos to attend a family circle during Columbus Day Weekend. It will set me back a little over $400.00. But something tells me i should go, anyway. So, i am paying $100.00 installments for the next 4 months. I hope it will not rain. I would not like it to turn into Seinfeld's weekend with Vanessa up in Vermont with the separate handles for hot and cold water, and nothing to do, and nothing to talk about. I hope i shall have made substantial progress by then, too. I have not ruled out the possibility of riding a horse, if they can find one that weighs more than i do. FF
Old 06-05-2012, 05:48 AM   #634
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Abi, I have never heard of the Bulletproof, interesting. I didn't make the danish this morning since I finished off some yogurt. I will make it tomorrow and give it a try.

The raspberry cheesecake dessert turned out pretty good. I am glad we didn't weigh in today too. A respite.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:27 AM   #635
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well, since i will be in nashville next week and won't be able to weigh, i decided to weigh-in today and take my "off" week, next week...i am not proud to say i am back at 219, which is up 1.6 lbs...

the reason?: i just ate too many calories this week, even though i was on-plan...to gain 1.6 lbs. in 7 days, i had to average eating 800 calories per day more than my maintenance level...simple math...now i need to restrict myself even more...i have a lot of weight to lose in the next 4 weeks to meet the challenge, but I AM GOING TO DO IT!...

let's go kids!!!!
Old 06-05-2012, 07:30 AM   #636

u are below 200, Tony. wish i was there.

my one meal a day, of course, cannot and should not be a permanent way of eating. but, for the present, it is certainly an improvement over 2 or 3 irresponsible meal times. i am feeling a tad better than a month ago. i am getting in more water and less soda, and being careful not to let my coffee drinking get out of hand. my exercise is zilch at this juncture. i think i will be more in the mood when i am wearing walking shorts and a white T-shirt. I am getting the shorts as soon as possible, certainly no later than Saturday (or in my case SITurday). FF
Old 06-05-2012, 07:31 AM   #637

i mean below 220.

i still wish i was there. FF
Old 06-05-2012, 08:14 AM   #638
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Good morning all you rebels! Yea for not weighing today - actually I did, but it was up as I knew it would be from the load days. Next week will be mahvelous!

I'm late getting to work so I'll have to chat later. Had the plumber over this morning fixing my only toilet

Vicki, when I made the mock danish, I had it hot with sf maple syrup. It was so good!
Old 06-05-2012, 12:58 PM   #639
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

sheesh, marilee, that house is gonna be brand new by the time you get done repairing it!

ff, when you said i was below 200 i jumped for joy, but unfortunately i landed on a scale and well, let's just say i stopped jumping!...

today, so far:
b: a few salad veggies - maybe 2 oz.
l: salad with feta cheese, acv and evoo
d: burgers
Old 06-05-2012, 02:12 PM   #640
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kbeth
Stats: 5'4" 43yo 161/148/125
WOE: Paleo-esque
Start Date: April 2002/Restart April 2012
B: pecans and carrots (yes, I need to go shopping, lol)
L: chicken and, you guessed it...carrots
S: Po' Man's Bulletproof coffee
D: fish and hollandaise with peas
Old 06-05-2012, 04:16 PM   #641
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey kbeth, got any carrots???... :-) nice menu!

the burgers were good - covered them in sauteed jalapenos, cheddar and pepperjack cheese, and a slice of tomato...ate 1 1/2 of them...had some bluberries for dessert...i am very satisfied and will avoid the kitchen til after curfew...

today was exercise day and i have not gone more than two days without working out since the start of blitz I...that has saved me, as much as i have been saved!
Old 06-06-2012, 02:12 AM   #642
Major LCF Poster!

FF, I loved that episode of Seinfeld up in Vermont with Vanessa. Your trip to the family gathering in the Poconos sounds like such fun! Times with the family are very precious.

Tony, your boys are amazing! I can imagine how excited they were to tell you all they had accomplished and know you told them how much their work meant to you. A nice early Father's Day gift and the best kind!

Beth, I like your title - "Po' Man's Bulletproof Coffee" lol You sure are going to have great eye sight after all those carrots!

Marilee, was that sf maple syrup from Vermont? lol Boy, warm syrup on a danish sounds heavenly.

Vicki, I noticed this bulletproof executive also has a paleo bulletproof diet. He has a nice color coded chart of what he says we should eat and what we should stay clear of.

Have a great day all!
Old 06-06-2012, 04:48 AM   #643

i actually know less than 1 % of them....

but i am still going. i called Brooklyn College to get a pricing on a 3 credit course. over $700.00 ouch. I just may have to leave this world as stupid as i arrived. Well, we shall see. Perhaps I will be able to find a young Professor lady who needs a Splenda Daddy. I wanted to do 1 classics course (whatever Greek or Latin lit was being offered in the fall 2013 semester) and beginning voice or piano in the music dept. If I have to make a choice, I will have to jettison the classics and continue doing it on my own. Possibly befriend a student with top grades in the classics dept. It is still a long way off. Anything can happen. I may even find a carrot!!! Today is the 68th anniversary of the D-Day Invasion...THE LONGEST DAY. FF
Old 06-06-2012, 06:14 AM   #644
Blabbermouth!!!

Abi, thanks, I found the color coded chart.

Holy Cow ff, isn't there a community college in your area that has lower tuition? Ours is $115 per credit hour I think. Not sure since I am only a lowly professor and I don't deal with the $$$$, only the delivery.

I tried the mock danish this morning, won't be making it again.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:10 AM   #645
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Vicki, I'm sorry you didn't like the Danish. I love them...oh, well. Different strokes for different folks.

I've almost lost all of my load weight so the scale is my friend. Stocked up on my foods so the refrigerator isn't empty - which I hate!

Have a great day everyone.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:30 AM   #646

there is: but they do not offer the studies i want.

i am also going to research on-line college courses. In the less than 9 months I have left, making the the transition from WORKING POOR to just POOR, there must be some way I can get what I need at reduced prices. A WAY WILL BE FOUND. I was REALLY REALLY HUNGRY an hour ago. It goes away. I only wish I can duplicate that experience in the evenings. It not only saves calories, but Latinum too. I believe i will be consuming cheeseburgers this evening, or chinese ribs. the jury is still out on that. FF
Old 06-06-2012, 01:02 PM   #647
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey guys!...hope everyone is having a great day...

congrats marilee!...i'm happy you are back in a groove, girl...

abi, it was a great father's day gift...this will be the first father's day that all my kids won't be with me...in fact, three of my kids will probably be in nashville, although i should see those kids on monday...i'm so proud of all of them...

with all the talk about taking classes, i am thinking about enrolling in a program in the fall to become certified in family mediation...i think i am pretty good at conflict resolution and negotiation, etc. and i believe i would find that work interesting and diverse...i'd start my own office, so that i could manage my schedule around my songwriting...it takes several months to complete all the training...

today:
b: 2 oz black olives
l: 1/4 rotisserie chicken
d: baked haddock and steamed broccoli
Old 06-06-2012, 02:09 PM   #648
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tony, that sounds great! Although I don't know you except for our little thread, you are right - you sound like you would be very good at helping people.

Any more news on your hip?
Old 06-06-2012, 04:22 PM   #649
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey marilee, i have an appointment in boston to see an ortho surgeon on june 21st...we'll see what he has to say...i know he's gonna recommend a replacement - then it's gonna be about weighing the risks and figuring out if/when to have it done - not sure how far out he is booked as he is the head of ortho surgery at mass general hospital and therefore in high demand...

i think i might have mentioned that he replaced the hip of the governor of massachusetts last year...that's how i picked him! :-)
Old 06-07-2012, 02:14 AM   #650
Major LCF Poster!

FF, going with the music and voice would be so fun and challenging for you. I hope you can do that at a reasonable price. Getting out and mingling with others interested in the same things is the way to go in my book.

Tony, you are always full of surprises! "Retire" from one career, keeping with the ongoing song writing career, and now maybe starting on something brand new. I think you would be an excellent mediator. Hoping the surgeon tells you that you don't need a hip replacment and if you try this brand new protocol it will get better on its own. (wishful thinking)

Marilee, glad the scale is your friend now! Now I want it to be my friend too!

Vicki, that chart is easy to read isn't it?

Meeting my sister at the house this morning to do a little more work. My brother replaced a cellar window that the frame needs painting, weed the flower garden and some other little projects. I went over yesterday and mowed the lawn while the sun was shining. Not sure the neighbors appreciated me doing it at 7:30 am but that's like noon for me. lol

Have a great day all!
Old 06-07-2012, 04:58 AM   #651

hip replacement surgery, to allay your concernsm

is not as sophisticated as knee replacement, which i have had. the hip is a less involved joint. It is a decision you have to make yourself, of course. However, you are one HIP dude. That works in your favor. Last night, I was testing out the voice. I have the notes. but the not the technique or the breathing. After I got that ironed out, all i would need is a hat to catch change, as i stood (or sat)outside a subwaystation and did my BUDGET BOCELLI routine. FF
Old 06-07-2012, 06:36 AM   #652
Blabbermouth!!!

Marilee, so glad you have found renewed motivation.

Tony, I hope the consult goes well. Usually they want to put off replacement surgery as long as possible.

Abi, yes the chart is easy to read.

ff, it must have cooled off there?

I used the same ingredients this morning that the mock danish called for except added an additional egg to make pancakes. Those were much better. However, I am hungry right now. If I let it pass I will feel stronger. Especially if I wait to eat at lunch.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:19 AM   #653
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good news on the scale today. I love the 3.2 pounds I gained "loading" plus
1. What this means for our challenge is that I am down a total of 2 pounds - 8 to go. I should be able to do that without too much problem.

Abi, with my starting hcg, I'm not sure how to tell you what I did weekly. I'll just give you a grand total for the challenge, if that's ok.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:20 AM   #654

i will be making another attempt to get outside this weekend

that is, moving about a bit as opposed to just sitting there. i need to get into Manhattan on Sat. Sun, i am getting me a pair of walking shorts at the first big Man store I come across. There is one not very far from Marine Park in Brooklyn. I would be able to kill 2 birds with one stone.Tonight, I usually do McD, but I really want a steak. Perhaps i will walk the 8 blocks to the diner, and order it to go. However if it rains, I will get McD. it is right across the street from where i have to be. F(8 months & 8 days to go)F.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #655
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
Good news on the scale today. I love the 3.2 pounds I gained "loading" plus
1. What this means for our challenge is that I am down a total of 2 pounds - 8 to go. I should be able to do that without too much problem.

Abi, with my starting hcg, I'm not sure how to tell you what I did weekly. I'll just give you a grand total for the challenge, if that's ok.
I meant I LOST the 3.2 pounds I gained-geez!!!!
Old 06-07-2012, 04:27 PM   #656

don't worry, gibby...i understood what u meant.

actually, i did(and do) love the lbs i lost, and gained, and lost. they were(& are), after all, a part of me, and I DO love myself, to a degree. FF
Old 06-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #657
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hahaha!...ff, you are a hoot!...never thought about my fat as a part of me, but technically... :-)

abi, one thing no one has ever called me is "boring"...i am always into something and never sit still long enough to collect dust :-) can't believe you are still painting mom's house...when you finish, the local paint store is gonna have its own mini-recession!...

marilee, congrats on the loss - i knew you could do it, kid!...

hey vicki, how are you doing?...

jenny, thinking about you and your family and hoping you are okay...

speaking of okay, i wonder how artemis is doing?...and we seem to have lost britt...hope she is well...

today is the 35th anniversary of my high school graduation...can't believe it!...i still feel 18, except for the hip and the extra weight i have been lugging around...

two years ago, a nh ortho doc told me i needed a replacement so i will be shocked if this guy doesn't wanna get me in there asap...when the imaging girl saw my x-ray two years ago, she couldn't understand how i was even walking!

today:
b: leftover baked haddock
l: skipped
d: nice, thick pork chop and broccoli - yum!
Old 06-08-2012, 03:11 AM   #658
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, you should see all the paint cans on Mom's back porch. My sister and I had to wait until my brother, the track coach was through with the busiest part of the season. He had to make some new basement window casings and a side door casing which then needed to be painted. Right now he is working on the garage door and then maybe the end of next week we can list it. I actually puttied around three windows that he put new glass in! A new experience!

Marilee, that is fine with me on just giving us the grand total at the end. The end result is what we are after! Good luck!

FF, so the count down begins to retirement! Yea!

Vicki, I love to read how different low carb recipes are tweeked. I'll look at the one minute muffin ones or the flax foccacia ones and I bet there are 20 or 30 different variations to them. Glad adding the egg to the mock danish turned out good!

I wish that Jenny, Artemis and Britt would pop in soon!

Had pork roast, green beans and chicken yesterday.

Have a great Friday Blitzers!

FF,
Old 06-08-2012, 04:35 AM   #659

u are all making me appreciate that i do NOT

have my own house. too much work, and too much expense. It is all i can do to get home from work, drop my bag (yes, i have a bag...to put my stuff in!!! okay?), and flop on the bed, or whatever is closest to me in flop mode. Today and through
the weekend, the day starts off 60ish but is going up to mid 80s, at least, with chance of rain in the afternoon/evening all 3 days. So, if i am going to do anything, it must be done early. One of my two fans broke (my fault), so i am getting a replacement this evening, and some more seltzer and diet FAYGO. It is odd. all my pants were the same size and manufacturer (made in Asia, probably by 10 year olds). but they all fit differently. I had them all taken in at one time or another. Today's, are the least tight, and are most comfortable. when the least comfortable match today's, I will know i have made progress. FF
Old 06-08-2012, 06:52 AM   #660
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

TGIF!!!!!

Dropped another pound today - doing the happy dance! My face has lost its puffiness, which is great.

I checked and Britt hasn't posted anywhere since May 25th. I hope she's ok.

I'll check back in later.
Closed Thread