Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2012, 06:54 AM   #601
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Marilee's here but totally PO'd! I can't get rid of the 3 pounds I gained for my one planned off-plan meal.

I've decided to go back on hcg this starting tomorrow. I am feeling very heavy...I'm so physically exhausted from hauling this lard around that I need to do something drastic again. I'm not going to report my weight on Tuesday because the "load days" will make the scale go up. I'll report the following week.

I know the weight I started this challenge at so I know what that is minus 10.

Hey, Tony. I want to live in NH....so many of our personal freedoms are gone.

TTL

Marilee

Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2012, 07:47 AM   #602
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kbeth
Stats: 5'4" 43yo 161/148/125
WOE: Paleo-esque
Start Date: April 2002/Restart April 2012
I did not give into cravings. I upped the fat a bit (I put some butter and CO in my black coffee. Not bad!) and that seemed to help. I was also greatly pleased that I did not wreck the great energy I've been experiencing. I guess the occasional Off Plan event won't do it...it's just when I allow it to derail me that I have issues.
I did weigh this morning and the scale is still up a bit...but I really like how you put it, Tony. Even tho it was not a *planned* event...I made the decision at the time to eat it. Right then I need to let myself know, "okay. Your choice, and that's fine...know that the slight increase on the scale is going to happen, but work hard and eventually it will come off again."

Abi...I am excited for the opportunity for you to do something new and exciting! (weird sentence, but I hope you know what I mean, lol!) Keep us updated!!

B: sausage and cantaloupe
L: grilled chicken and broc bacon salad (will have raisins, but I'm not adding any sugar like the recipe calls for)
S: bunless hotdog (kid's bday party)
D: probably leftover chicken

Have a great day!!
<---Avatar Summer 2009. Soooo close to goal and then had a mad, passionate weekend with sugar. Let me be a lesson to you. Not sure you're strong enough to cheat and then get right back on plan?? Then don't do it!!
Old 06-01-2012, 09:35 AM   #603
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/225.4/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
sausage and cantaloupe???...now there's a combination!...lol...sounds like something i would eat... :-)

marilee, patience, my dear...if you really are motivated to do hcg, then fine, but if you are doing it simply out of frustration, you might want to rethink the decision...the point is not to punish yourself, is it?...that isn't gonna help...just think about how happy you are when you are eating all the yummy foods allowed "on plan"...you WILL lose on plan if you simply stick to it...love ya, girl and i will support whatever you decide - just wanted to share a different point of view...

for breakfast, i had a handful of blueberries and three big glasses of water...

no idea what the rest of the day's menu will be...

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 06-01-2012, 09:48 AM   #604
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I don't want to be the reason we don't reach our goal.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:11 AM   #605
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
Tony, u could not have articulated it any better....

re: planned indulgence. I know myself too well. Planned or unplanned, sometimes i can get right back on the horse, and sometimes (like 2012), it takes me months and quite a bit of returned girth to pay for it. Where i work, there is a bbq event going on in the garden of my facility, right now. Some of my colleagues brought it back to have at their desk. Needless to say, the aroma is heavenly. I know if i partake, i am DOOMED. I am staying at my work station. I have food at home. I AM feeling better as i edge closer to the weekend. i AM getting the 2nd fan tonight. I did not get it the other day, as i was already carrying too much. I will have to experiment with them to get the best response. I hope i will be able to get outside, this weekend. i have been a bloomin' hermit of late. Also, i need a haircut desperately. Enjoy the weekend, all. FF
Old 06-01-2012, 02:16 PM   #606
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

marilee, no worries kid...each of us is trying to lose 10 lbs. individually for the challenge - i made it a team effort as well to try to make it more fun...BUT all any of us can do is our best and i don't want you punishing yourself for any result we may or may not get...i know i speak for everyone here when i say we care more about you than any goal...

if the team challenge is making you feel guilty, and it seems like it is, i think we should just make this an individual challenge for each of us and it can be an elective thing whether we report our weekly results to abi...we love you, marilee!...and would much rather you be able to eat according to a nice, reasonable plan than have you torturing yourself, okay?...that's all any of us really care about, girl!

ff, you have diamond-hard willpower...i am so proud of you for staying away from the bbq!...

bought 4 huge ribeyes, but then kids went out for pizza after school, so I may wait til tomorrow...made some roasted veggies, mixed with sausage this afternoon...sprinkled with parmesan and it looks so good...

how is everyone else doing?

Last edited by tony8; 06-01-2012 at 02:19 PM..
Old 06-01-2012, 02:20 PM   #607
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
A team challenge is just that, members carry each other. If one struggles the others pick up the slack. Come on Marilee, we are rooting you on. Lord knows I know what that feels like.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:00 PM   #608
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You all are so sweet. Please keep it a team challenge. I am just starting to really feel the physical aspects of my mass. Getting up in the morning is hard...I'm tired of wobbling down the hall, etc.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:40 PM   #609

it is less about will power and more about...

not willing to leave my air-conditioned work station. Well, I am meeting a friend of mine on the subway to go into Manhattan, tomorrow. I promised him a free lunch if he would go with me. If he did not take the bait, I would have stayed home. The other alternative would have been to take 2 local busses to get to the express bus. I have been on the subway with no bad experiences in several cities in North America & Europe. Only the NYC subway gives me the creeps, based on very true unpleasant experiences. Sunday, I will lose 10 lbs in 15 minutes. I am getting a long overdue haircut. I will be able to stuff a mattress with what he cuts off. FF
Old 06-01-2012, 09:41 PM   #610
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jfinchster
Sorry I haven't been posting...
Haven't even had time to catch up on reading everyone's posts--I'm sure you're all doing great with the weightloss challenge.
My grandma died last week and I'm leaving for her funeral tomorrow...can't say I've been doing too well on the weight loss front. Been feeling out of sorts and need to get motivated. I know I will feel better after this weekend--been kind of a hard time for me as I was quite close to my grandma anyways, it's something we all have to go through, (losing loved ones) but it isn't easy...
Keep up the good work everyone!

I'll try to check in later.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:52 AM   #611
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Jenny, so sorry to hear about your grandma. ((Hugs to you)) Come back quick - we really do miss you lots!

Beth, I also have been doing the unsalted butter and coconut oil in my coffee. I read last week about bullitproof coffee and decided to sort of give it a try. It called for mct oil also in it and of course they want you to buy their coffee which is too expensive for me. Anyway I whip it up with a stick blender and it is very smooth and mellow. I am trying to get away with using cream unless I am out for breakfast. It does curb my hunger and in the afternoon I have some with decaff.

Marilee, do not worry about holding us back on the challenge. Your eating plan is going so well, you sound happy and energetic and the weight is coming off just like the rest of us. Down 3 up 2 - just like a see saw. If you go back to hcg please do it because you really want to and not because of the challenge.

FF, this is going to be a nice cool day for you with all the rain. Hope you slept late today and that the rain stops long enough for you to get your hair cut and get a walk in. Know you will not walk in the rain. Isn't that against the Ferenghi constitution?

Tony, yes, I am very much enjoying this time of relative freedom before I get back into the work force. My stress level is at an all time low and I know it will be short lived so I am making the most of it!

Vicki, know what you mean about how the red cabbage loses its color and the slaw does not look appetizing after a day or so. In the past I have tried to just added the dressing to small batches at a time so each day it is fresh and colorful. But when I have to mix a big batch for a big gathering and there are leftovers not much you can do.

Wishing you all a great Saturday!
Old 06-02-2012, 08:19 AM   #612
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i was about to say happy saturday everyone, and then read about your grandma, jenny...so sorry to hear that...those of us who are lucky enough to know and be close to our grandparents realize how difficult a loss this is...i grew up next door to my dad's parents and saw them almost every day of my life until my grandfather died when i was 20...they served as important a role as my parents did in my development...

i hope everyone will be able to celebrate her life this weekend...to have a granddaughter like you, she must have been a remarkable woman...i'll be thinkin about ya, sis :-)

abi and beth, i don't drink coffee, but i'm wondering what it would taste like with butter in it!...if i ever told my doc i was doing that, she'd put me on an iv drip of crestor!...lol...

well, we're finally having a washout of a weekend after months of nice weather, so i'm not complaining...just gotta find something fun to do with my 16 year old son...we were planning to go to maine, but my other boys are working on the cottage and it's so small that if there are 4 of us there in the rain, it will slow down progress...

drank more water yesterday and am gonna try to do the same thing today...

let's have a great weekend team!!!
Old 06-02-2012, 03:45 PM   #613
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

woah!...where is everyone today?...there's an echo in here!
Old 06-02-2012, 04:10 PM   #614
Blabbermouth!!!

((((Jenny))))) hang in there.

We are enjoying the day and I was off plan a bit today. Back on tomorrow. Only a slight derailment.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:44 AM   #615
Major LCF Poster!

Sometimes I have a hard time trying to log in to LCF? Maybe it is the time of day and a whole lot of other nutty people are up at 3 and 4 am or it is the time difference and it is the middle of the morning in some country?

Well Tony, we won't have to water the garden for a few days. I bet FF is still in the bed from yesterday sleeping like a baby with this cool weather. lol
You must have trained the boys of yours well if you can leave them alone to reroof you cottage! Good job!

Had pot roast and tuna salad yesterday. Today we will eat out at the country club. I have already decided to have 2 scrambled eggs and bacon. Those omlets I have been having with cheese, mushrooms, bacon and onions have been delicious but are too filling all at one time. Scale is still up and down the last two days. I will try to drink more water but find it hard when the weather is not real hot to make myself do it.

Vicki, good for the only slight derailment. Coming here everyday sure does help with preventing major derailments for me!

Hoping all the Blitzers have a great Sunday!

Last edited by Abigale; 06-03-2012 at 01:45 AM..
Old 06-03-2012, 10:14 AM   #616
Major LCF Poster!

Had two scrambled eggs and 4 strips of bacon for breakfast as planned. Now am on my
2nd bottle of water. Glad it is warmer today which helps me get the water down.

What's everybody doing today?

I went to visit elderly friend and now am doing house work.

Will check on you all later!
Old 06-03-2012, 01:20 PM   #617

just lost a ton of weight!!!

between using all of my bathroom fixtures Friday into the 1st 1/2 of Saturday(I am okay now), and getting a long overdue haircut (#3 on the electric clipper-it was like sheep shearing time in New Zealand), I feel much lighter anyway. I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. I am almost looking forward to going to work tomorrow. The coming week here in the big Apple, is forecasted to be not as bad as last week was. All the same, I shall not be flashing my pearly browns (it's the coffee), until late in November. FF
Old 06-04-2012, 02:37 AM   #618
Major LCF Poster!

FF, are you sure you don't want to weigh in tomorrow and help out the challenge? I'm afraid I am not going to be able to contribute again this week even though I was determined to lose 2 pounds this week. Maybe it will happen like magic overnight. lol

Well, I still have 3 tuesdays left after tomorrow so hope springs eternal as they say.

Had pot roast for dinner plus the bacon and eggs for breakfast yesterday. Just had my coffee whipped with unsalted butter and coconut oil for breakfast and I am raring to go.

I'll check in later to see how everybody is doing. Have a great Monday all!
Old 06-04-2012, 04:43 AM   #619

i do not have a scale available to me right now.

it would not be encouraging anyway. the best i can hope for would have been to stay the same. however, i am confident that by summer's end, i will have made great strides. i am currently re-assessing the relationship i have with food in general. how i feel during & after i have eaten. i find that there is no great satisfaction i derive during the eating, which there most certainly used to be. that is good news for me. There are some books out there regarding binge eating. I did not get a chance this weekend to check them out. Hopefully, i will be able to do that next weekend. My next weigh-in should be when i come back to WW, the last Thursday evening of July. I will be even happier if the energy levels improve. FF
Old 06-04-2012, 05:03 AM   #620
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

happy monday all!...

abi, this rain is a bit much, but i will not complain after the weather we have enjoyed for the past year...your menu sounds good - it may just be the salt, so i think flushing sounds like a good idea!...

vicki, back on the horse, girl :-)

ff, i'm surprised you don't think you've lost...seems like you have shown remarkable restraint these past couple of months!...that being said, you did so well when you were going to ww and had that scale looming every week...i think it will be good when you get back to it...

as much as we all hate it, the scale forces us to be accountable...when i am honest with myself, i have to admit that the only times i want to avoid the scale is when i know i have not been on track...when i know i've been really good, i practically leap onto the thing!...

this is not an easy road - let's pull together and rock the month of june!...i watched a 398 lb. man lose 200 lbs in a year on extreme makeover last night...he lost 104 lbs. in 3 months and he was 49 years old!...if he can do it, we can do it!
Old 06-04-2012, 09:06 AM   #621
Blabbermouth!!!

Yep, back in the saddle. I am cleaning today. I have already tackled the kitchen: cleaned the refrig, freezer and stove. I found 5 boxes of cream cheese!!! I guess I will be making some sort of cheesecake and cheese ball LOL.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:40 AM   #622
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jen, I'm so sorry about the loss of your grandmother. Losing loved ones is so difficult even though it is a way of life. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Well, I did it! I started hcg again and to be honest, I fell great about the decision! My head is in a good place now and I am feeling very positive. It has nothing to do with the group challenge. It has everything to do about my health and mental well-being. I won't weigh tomorrow, but will weigh in next Tuesday.

Vicki, make some mock Danish out of that cream cheese. Man I loved those when I could have them!!!
Old 06-04-2012, 10:08 AM   #623

yes, restraint....

but only in comparison with past blunders. Only i can perceive the improvement in myself, not the scale nor the tape measure at this juncture, except that i have had no wardrobe malfunctions since March. I am also feeling SOMEWHAT improved, but I am looking forward to more energy w/o the need for coffee to provide it. No, I am not giving up coffee, but I drink it for enjoyment. i do not want to have a chemical need of it. However, neither your world, nor mine takes such things into account. FF
Old 06-04-2012, 10:34 AM   #624
Major LCF Poster!

Hmm...seems a few of us are having a bit of a struggle. That mysterious, oft-fleeting "in the zone" feeling has, well, fleeted, lol. I stress binged this weekend. I couldn't believe it, even as it was happening. I am basically a single mom for the Summer. My husband was home for a whole 48 hours and it was AWESOME. When he left, I was down. And dangit, instead of taking a walk or renting a movie...I binged. Big time.
I got great sleep last night and I am in a better place today....but the damage is done and it'll take most of this week to just work that binge back off. THAT is frustrating.

Abi...I got the idea from bulletproof coffee, too! I can't afford the coffee either, but I am going to look for organic grassfed butter. Apparently the difference in healthy fat is significant. I like the boost it gives, don't you??

jenny...I'm so sorry that you lost someone important to you!! Please take some time to be kind to yourself and we will be here when you're ready.

Gibby....good for you!! Mindset is the biggest part of the battle, is it not??

tony...I know!! When I see those shows, I think "for goodness sakes! He can lose x amount of weight in x amount of months...why can't I just do a small percentage of that?? Wouldn't it be nice if we could all just meet at Fat Camp for a month or two?? lol. Have a Low Carb chef fix our meals while we exercise, meditate, go on long walks and just focus on getting healthy?? Oooh, maybe we could even do crafts!!!!

vicki...I am always so much more productive when I am in the saddle, too!! I wouldn't mind finding a treasure trove of cream cheese right now, either, lol.

FF...When you find a helpful book on binging...please let me know!!!

B: burger and avocado
S: bulletproof coffee, baby!
L: chicken and carrots
D: ??
Old 06-04-2012, 11:28 AM   #625
Blabbermouth!!!

Marilee, so glad your head is in it. Maybe we both can be on the right track for a change. Where is the mock Danish recipe?

kbeth, I can so relate to the binging. When I was married the first time, when husband was gone I planned my binges and they were huge. He would be gone for a week or two during the summer and I had a hay day. I am so glad I don't do THAT kind of binging anymore. What is bulletproof coffee????

I ended up making a raspberry cheesecake dessert with nut crust.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:34 AM   #626
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Vicki, it's one of Linda's recipes. Click on the "recipe" tab above right. In the search field enter "mock danish".

Last edited by Gibby; 06-04-2012 at 11:35 AM..
Old 06-04-2012, 02:38 PM   #627
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well, everyone seems to have some angst about tomorrow's weigh-in...should we cancel weigh-in tomorrow and weigh in next tuesday, no matter what?...would that make everyone happy?...it's perfectly fine with me...let me know what y'all think...
Old 06-04-2012, 03:16 PM   #628
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony8 View Post
well, everyone seems to have some angst about tomorrow's weigh-in...should we cancel weigh-in tomorrow and weigh in next tuesday, no matter what?...would that make everyone happy?...it's perfectly fine with me...let me know what y'all think...
Sounds good to me
Old 06-04-2012, 03:19 PM   #629
Major LCF Poster!

I wouldn't be against skipping tomorrow. Let those of us that have been struggling a bit get a firm handle on things....
Old 06-04-2012, 03:58 PM   #630
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

okay, that's good enough for me - tomorrow's weigh-in is officially cancelled and we'll re-group and weigh in next tuesday... :-)

today:
b: skipped
l: chicken wings
d: clam chowder - eating around 90% of the potatoes
Closed Thread