Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2012, 07:12 PM   #481
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
no worries, kbeth...we are a group of turtles - no hares and this is a long race :-) hmmm, so am i one of the mixed company?...lol...

good to see ya back, britt...sounds like a great trip and if i were in NO, i woulda indulged too - in my mind, planned off-plan eating is not a bad thing...good to have you in the challenge - we can use the woosh you're gonna have! :-)

marilee, what did you grab at the store?...

fell asleep after dinner for way too long...like britt, i feel like i have a boulder in my belly and i'm not quite sure why...hope i feel lighter in the morning!...

nitey night, kids!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2012, 07:38 PM   #482
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.6/332.6/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 11/11/13
Well, Tony, I picked up ground beef, eggs, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onion, avocado, salad dressing, whipping cream for my coffee, sour cream, taco seasoning packets, and fresh strawberries for my sweet tooth.

I had a pork chop already defrosted so I grilled it on my George Foreman and made a yummy salad with tomato, onion and avocado. I'm stuffed!!!!
Old 05-22-2012, 02:35 AM   #483
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Glad you are back Britt! Sounds like you had a wonderful time in New Orleans! I have only been there once when Alabama was playing in the Sugarbowl. It was also new years eve so you know what kind of time we had!

Tony, good for you for having great fun even with the hip pain. We did have a great time last night and even though I wasn't aware of ordering chinese without the msg I am down a pound by the skin of my teeth. I did drink alot of water yesterday (for me) and it helped. I don't feel all that confident that this is a real pound of fat loss but I will take it!

Marilee, are you interested in becoming my personal grocery shopper. You buy the best stuff!

FF, how was the meat loaf?

I am very worried about Artemis too. Hope she will pop in soon and let us know she is ok.

Have to run and do a last clean up at the house before the real estate guy comes this morning for the walk through. I'll log on to the computer over there after I can stop and take a breather and log in the losses for the week.

Have a great Tuesday all!
Old 05-22-2012, 04:26 AM   #484
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
i forgot to get a meatloaf pan when i was at shoprite last evening

i was so intent on filling the wagon with seltzer and faygo. no matter, it is still frozen. i have enough wings to last a while. It is a pity cows do not have wings. AND, today is WAGNER's birthday. For a nasty s. o. b. he was one helluva composer. No major opera house can have a season w/o him. so tonight, after laundry and dinner, I will play a DVD or video tape, from one of the several productions I have. I do not know which one yet. So glad everyone is having progress. I pray that Artemis chimes in soon. FF
Old 05-22-2012, 05:25 AM   #485
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kbeth
Stats: 5'4" 43yo 161/148/125
WOE: Paleo-esque
Start Date: April 2002/Restart April 2012
No loss for this week....but again, I think that sets me up for good results next Tuesday! Good luck with the weigh-in, all!! And wish me luck: I am chaperoning my son's kindergarten class on a field trip today.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:48 AM   #486
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Hey guys, I've been really sick with a bad lymph node infection. It started in my chest as respiratory and spread since I don't have much of an immune system. I am just focused on getting well right now and not so much on weight loss. I haven't read all the posts yet, but it looks like from Abi's stats that you are all doing well with the challenge.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:10 AM   #487
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, Arte, I'm so sorry!!!! Don't worry about losing weight right now. Just take care of yourself and post anyway - we care about you!

Got on the scale and woohoo!!!!! Down 1.8 pounds for a total of 8.6 for the challenge so far. I actually have a long-term goal. My father is turning 100 next September, and I'm sure I'm going to have to drive/fly out there for a party of some sort. Well, I sure won't fly at this weight and I sure don't want to be this big....especially for him, as he has real "fat people" issues. So, I calculated and in order to lose 100 pounds by 9.21, I need to lose 1.36 pounds per week; or to lose 75 pounds, I need to lose 1.03 pounds per week. I started this with day one of our challenge and so far I am ahead of the game by 4.8 pounds. This looks very doable to me - allowing for those weeks when nothing happens.

kbeth-I bet you drop a couple by next week

Abi-a pound is a pound. Congratulations. Yes, I'd love to be your personal shopper

Today's eats:

B-bacon and eggs
L-leftover pork chop and steak. A few strawberries
D-cheeseburger lettuce wrap with tomato, onion, a dollop of low carb catsup and a dollop of mayo.

Yummy!!!!!!

Marilee
Old 05-22-2012, 08:26 AM   #488
Major LCF Poster!

hey artemis, so sorry you are battling an infection - i was worried you might be sick...hang in there and thanks for letting us know what was going on - we all care about you!...

ff, how long can those wings keep?...did you freeze them?...if you haven't, i'd eat 'em soon, bro... :-)

kbeth, keep doing what you're doing and the lbs. will drop...you are so much smaller than i am - it isn't quite reasonable to expect to lose weight at the same rate - although you are beating me right now!...lol...the challenge is 2 months long - ya got time girl...good luck on the field trip - where are you all going?

abi, nice job on the lb!!!...you've shown some loss three weeks in a row...that is PROGRESS!...can i throw a few things in yours and marilee's shopping cart?...

marilee, marilee, marilee!!!!...wow!...another 1.8 lbs. - great job for the team... i have no doubt you will hit your long term goal!...where does your dad live?...

okay, time to exercise and weigh in - i'll be back in a bit!
Old 05-22-2012, 09:22 AM   #489
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My dad lives in Orange, CA - about a 7 hour drive from Phoenix.

Tony, go ahead and throw some stuff in the cart.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:45 AM   #490
Major LCF Poster!

okay, the scale read 217.8 this morning, so that's a .8 lb. drop this week...i'll take it as i am down a total of 5.4 lbs. for the challenge and 7.8 for the blitz...it has been quite a few months since i was below 218 and i am just 15 lbs. from my 22 year low which i hit last year...

we're getting there, kids!!!

marilee, i'm running out to the store now!
Old 05-22-2012, 10:20 AM   #491
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony8 View Post
okay, the scale read 217.8 this morning, so that's a .8 lb. drop this week...i'll take it as i am down a total of 5.4 lbs. for the challenge and 7.8 for the blitz...it has been quite a few months since i was below 218 and i am just 15 lbs. from my 22 year low which i hit last year...

we're getting there, kids!!!
Yea, Tony!!!!!

Yoo hoo, Vicki, where are you?
Old 05-22-2012, 12:45 PM   #492
Major LCF Poster!

ate 1/2 apple for breakfast and 1/4 rotisserie chicken for lunch...making a pot roast in the crockpot for dinner...

my appetite has not been in such good control for this long in awhile...i've been pretty good since the start of the blitz, but i still feel heavy and i don't know why - i am happy the scale is showing a loss, but honestly, i don't feel lighter...hmmmm...this process is full of surprises! :-)
Old 05-22-2012, 02:06 PM   #493
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
I hit another, new bottom. I stepped on the scale and it was 230.4. Not in the right direction. Feel like crappola and want to isolate. I am supposed to go to an awards thing tonight for DH's daughter but told him he must be embarrassed to have me around because I am. I don't like how I look, don't have any clothes boo hoo. Now you would think that being this down I would want to do something about it. It frustrates me that my weight is affecting others besides myself.

I can say I have been on plan so far, even with snacking this afternoon (cheese and salami). I did make a new salad recipe and we are having that and chicken for supper. Dessert is being served tonight though. I can push it away. DH told me this morning he thought that a meal was being served. I told him I wasn't going and if I was, I wasn't eating. I need a few days or weeks of clean eating under my belt before I am eating out again.

5-28 260.4
6-28 243.4 down 17 lbs
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
Old 05-22-2012, 02:53 PM   #494

yes, i did freeze them.

when i want one (or two), i take them out and nuke them. I am keeping my lobes crossed that it will not rain on Sat (NJ & NY), at least not before 5 pm. At 5 pm, i will step off the boardwalk, and shimmy on over to the one armed bandit of my choice. Tonight, after SEINFELD, will be all WAGNER on DVD-Das Rheingold, and Act I of Die Walkuere. What a way to finish the day. oh, btw, did we get the answer to : What IS a SF burger? FF
Old 05-22-2012, 04:27 PM   #495
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BlondieBlue
Stats: 208.4/200.8/199
WOE: Atkins/Low Carb
Start Date: 1/3/2012- restarting 1/29/2013
My initial response to a "sf burger" is a burger patty made only of meat, no seasonings for fear of hidden sugars? Could also be a star fruit burger. that'd be tasty. or Same Freakin' Burger for someone that made an abundance of burgers and needs to eat them all before they go bad, but are sick of eating only burgers.... I like this game, next question???

Made it thru last night, and today so far- but sadly i'm back to the hunger pain game... just trying to keep a belly full of water and ignore the "hey you, feed me" feeling in my tumtum.

Was successfull at eating some steak and eggs last night. Steak for lunch today. Probably steak for dinner tonight. Actually, I'd love to mix it up with some tuna and mayo and a pickle. yaaaaaaaa thinking about pickle just resulted in a drool drip.

TOM also very soon, but given the gain over vacation i can't imagine the scale betraying me too much this month.

I'm so over 108 degree heat. bah!
Old 05-22-2012, 07:17 PM   #496
Major LCF Poster!

vicki, for whatever reason, you haven't been ready to deal with this for awhile...i don't think you can force it and i don't think it helps to beat yourself up...when you are ready, you will be able to do this...you've done it before...

i have gone through this many times and all the logic in the world doesn't seem to be enough for me when i am not ready...right now i am having success because right now i am sick of carrying this extra weight around...there is nothing right now that i can eat that is as tempting as getting rid of this fat...i keep saying "right now" because i have had this feeling of motivation before and then lost it somehow - it's inexplicable...

maybe you are getting there - sounds like you are unhappy and that can be the switch that changes everything...i would strongly advise against isolating!...nothing good can come of that...if i had made that choice this past year, i'd have gained 50 lbs...my suggestion would be to commit to posting daily - even if you are not on-plan, just being around other people who are struggling but trying can be a huge help and means of support...

you guys have gotten me through SO MUCH and we are here for you now...no judgments - no rules - no disappointment - just friendship and understanding cuz we have ALL BEEN THERE!

britt, happy you have no problem with "mixed company"...LOL...i don't think it has ever been 108 here - thank god!

didn't eat the pot roast - having it tomorrow - had tuna salad and roast beef tonight - very good...

Last edited by tony8; 05-22-2012 at 07:18 PM..
Old 05-22-2012, 07:41 PM   #497
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Britt - I was close....I thought "SF" meant sugar free....HA! I like Super Freakin' myself I'm sick of 108 degrees, too! It looks like we'll be in the 90's this weekend. But, it is summer in the desert.

Vicki, I'm glad we had a chance to talk on the phone today after I read your post. I know I'm predictable by calling you when I sense your down, but I love you - I'm your Auntie so I'm allowed to! I know you will pull out when you are ready.

Ate on plan again today - like you, Tony, it is so good to be in control and feeling strong. And, I know that it won't last - not confessing negativity, I just know how it works.

Loved my cheese burger for dinner - actually wound up having two fo them. I don't eat much at lunch so I can have a nice dinner. Eating at work isn't my favorite thing so I like to save my big meal for when I can cook and make a mess....if you know what I mean.

Last edited by Gibby; 05-22-2012 at 07:42 PM..
Old 05-23-2012, 01:39 AM   #498
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Vicki, I hate that down feeling too but know if you can get afew days of clean eating under your belt your mood will be on the upswing. I have said this OA mantra before, "Nothing tastes as good as abstinence feels". As Tony said, please don't isolate. Keep posting every day no matter what and things will come back around. Plus your Blitz Family misses you when you are not here.

Marilee, you are sweet to give Vicki a call. What a nice Auntie you are. How wonderful that your Dad will be turning 100 in the fall. Losing 1.3 pounds a week is definately doable and flying instead of a 7 hour drive would be so much easier.

Britt, steak 3 times a day is my kind of meal plan. Thinking of pickles does the same thing to me. lol

Tony, your appetite control has been amazing on this Blitz and it is having very good result. It is so rare for me to have a small appetite. I envy you!

FF, good luck with the one arm bandits this weekend. The few times I have had a chance to play slot machines I had a blast. The sound of those coins dropping out of the machine is so exciting.

Walk through with the real estate guy went well. I will meet him at the house today as he measures the rooms. We may get it on the market in the next two weeks.

Had leftover steak and a kind of submarine salad yesterday. My sister went to the deli and got ham, cheese, lettuce, pickles etc. She and my two brother s made subs and I made a big salad. It was very good.

Have a great Wed. everyone!
Old 05-23-2012, 04:35 AM   #499

no more coins dropping.

if u win, u get a paper receipt coming out of the machine which u take to the cashier. if its a really really big payoff, someone will pay you a visit right there at the machine, and pay you there. if u lose, u lose. I still cannot get a good read on Saturday's forecast. It does not have to be rainfree for the whole 24 hours. It only has to be rainfree from 12 noon to about 4:30pm. Am i asking for much? congrats to all you losers(pounds wise). weigh-in for me will be 7/26/12 after work, when i rejoin WW. I would like to be as close to TWOdorland as possible. I am really counting on summer for what i call the BIG BOOST. It would be a double whammy if I can retire on 2/15/13 really close to or in ONEderland!!! But, 1 gram of carbs at a time. I very much enjoyed DAS RHEINGOLD last night. However, i HAD forgotten that the costumes in that production were worse than what u can pick up at GOOD WILL. Otherwise, no complaints. Tonight is DIE WALKURE. Oh, good news: I seem to be able to stay up late, and get up in the morning with a minimum of cursing. I thing the thyroid meds are starting to kick in. I will, however, owing to the heat and humidity of the next 5 months, keep the caffeine ice cold, but not more than 3 a day. I DO hope to average less than 3, but not more than 3. Also, i have been drinking somewhat more plain water than the beginning of May. that will increase exponentially, very soon. FF
Old 05-23-2012, 05:41 AM   #500
Major LCF Poster!

ff, sounds like you are in a good place - getting that thyroid under control will help you lose weight much easier, from what i have heard...are you joining ww in june or july? - i thought you were planning on 6/26 for some reason...hope the afternoon rain holds off on saturday, bro...

marilee, i am hopeful that through persistence, we are going to end the cycle of finding motivation and then losing it...i am focusing now on how much better i feel physically and emotionally when i am thinner...gaining weight for me is a loss of control in so many ways and i am SICK OF IT!...sick of feeling fat - sick of relying on doctors and meds to do what my body could do if i gave it the chance and treated it well...i feel so ready for this!...more ready than i have felt for well over a year...god, i hope i can keep this perspective :-)

abi, that sub salad sounds yummy...congrats on the successful meeting with the r.e. broker...

well, team, we are at 23.4 lbs. lost between 5 of us right now and that is way ahead of the necessary pace as we are only 1/3 of the way through the challenge!...the first five of us are currently on a pace to lose over 70 lbs. - that's 20 lbs. above our goal!!!!!!

when artemis feels better, and others start weighing in, i think we are gonna break some kinda record!...CONGRATULATIONS on the first three weeks!!!...let's keep it up and have a great week #4!!!!!

Last edited by tony8; 05-23-2012 at 05:46 AM..
Old 05-23-2012, 07:32 AM   #501
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning! Did my usual daily weigh-in. No change, but I wasn't expecting any. I just want to make sure it isn't going up....if it is, I try to drink more water that day.

Anywho....here's today's eats:

B-bacon and eggs
L-hamburger patty, orange pepper, avocado
D-Steak and big salad with onions, tomatoes, pickles and a little cheese. Bacon ranch dressing.

YUMMMMMMMM!!!!!
Old 05-23-2012, 09:25 AM   #502
Senior LCF Member

Happy Humpday!

So glad for Wednesday and a 3 day weekend ahead... I have 2 whole seasons of Glee to catch up on, so i'm not too worried about the bored binge i tend to get on the weekends. Not eating off plan, but just too much of the on plan goods... perhaps i'll whip up a batch of ranch and slice a few dozen cucumbers in case the need to nibble hits.

I did settle on the tuna/mayo/mustard + onion powder, fried- w/ a melted slice of havarti and a few pickles for dinner. Twas devine. I decided to bring it for lunch.
(i pack the worst lunch btw... in my cooler style lunch box there is quite literally a can of tuna, jar of mayo, bottle of mustard and whole dealy of cheese...lol... i do not pre-prepare)

Had 2 turkey sausage patties for breakfast and a blu pomegranate xyience energy drink for breakfast. sweet sweet caffeine...

Haven't weighed yet, will do on Friday. Already feeling so much better with the clean eating. Happy American Idol Finale Results Show Day!!!
Old 05-23-2012, 10:10 AM   #503

i DID postpone WW rejoining yet another month

owing to the thyroid snafu (conspiracy). Also, by 7/28/12, 1/2 the summer will be gone, and that will be a plus for me, psychologically. Feeling better makes me feel better. I am, at this precise moment, very hungry. However, my feet hurt, and the thought of that long walk back and forth gives me the courage(for want of a better word)to hold out till my evening wing. I really outdid myself this time. I am pleased to say that I did not GOBBLE them up in 1 or 2 sittings. There are other ways to FEATHER my nest. FF
Old 05-23-2012, 11:08 AM   #504
Major LCF Poster!

it is 2 p.m. and i don't know why, but i have no appetite at all...just forced myself to eat a few cherry tomatoes and red peppers out of the salad just to accompany the 2 aspirin i took for my hip...i have drunk 5 large glasses of water today, one of them filled with fiber - i wonder if that is helping?...

ff, you have been amazing with those wings - having been around you almost daily for about 26 months now, i can attest to how much your habits have changed for the better over that period...you inspire me, bro!

marilee, looks like a great menu - i'm comin over as soon as i find my appetite!...i'm sure it's gonna attack me with a vengeance later on today...

britt, i feel like a slacker today - should i be humping?...lol...please tell me more about how you "fry" tuna...i don't think i've ever heard of that...

hope everyone is having a great afternoon (or morning for the phoenix gals) :-)
Old 05-23-2012, 11:21 AM   #505
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
OK, Tony you will be proud of me, I didn't isolate last night. I went to the awards ceremony anyways. I got to thinking that I was being pretty darn selfish and a martyr. (man I hate when that happens). I forget to think of others and how my wt and behaviors when I am down affects them.

Anywho, I actually stayed on plan yesterday. There were desserts at the award ceremony but I just had ice water. Today is off to a good start. A friend and I walked for close to an hour and I made omelets and bacon for us along with coffee and half and half. I forgot to pack a lunch to bring to work (I am off the clock actually but getting ready for fall). Supper is already planned.

Oh, and I made a new salad last night. It came from a Vegan Cook book. Jicama, pepper and red onion salad, yummy. I had enough of the ingredients left that I used up what was left this morning and made another batch.

I WILL post every day to keep my unisolated LOL.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:34 AM   #506
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieBlue View Post
Happy American Idol Finale Results Show Day!!!
So, who do you want to win?
Old 05-23-2012, 01:09 PM   #507
Major LCF Poster!

vicki, i am very very very very proud of you!!!!!...awesome job not isolating and setting up such a good menu...none of it is easy, but i know you can do this...one meal, one snack and one day at a time - that's all it is...keep it up and you will be back in 1derland this fall - just think of how great that will feel!...

btw, i think there was more talent on american idol this year than any other year - there were at least ten folks who were good enough to be the idol...just my opinion! :-)
Old 05-23-2012, 01:52 PM   #508
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I agree, Tony. I'm not sure who I want to win.....Phil's style isn't mine, but I LOVED the last song he sang last night. Jessica-I don't know.....she sings such "old" songs and she's only 16!
Old 05-23-2012, 02:47 PM   #509
Senior LCF Member

My vote has been on Phil Phillips the whole season! He makes me squeal and giggle at the tv like a 13 year old. Have NEVER been a fan of Jessica. She may have very developed vocals, but they don't sound good to me... see what i'm saying? Like this, I could be a super buff body builder. I have big, strong muscles. Does that automatically mean i'm attractive? Probably not to most. Her voice just doesn't hit my ear right.

Ate my tuna concoction for lunch. nomnomnom!

For Tony: "how to fry tuna"

melt generous pat of butter in hot skillet
fthwop your tuna mixture into pan, and form into a shape with spatula
mix around pan, flip a few different ways

since it's tuna, it doesn't hold a shape but tossing it in the pan:
1. warms the tuna so i can melt cheese on top like a... wait for it... tuna melt
and
2. you get little buttery bits of slightly crispied/browned tuna in every bite.

This is really tasty with diced tomatoes or minced onions in the tuna mix too.

Trying to decide on dinner. the tuna sounds delicious. but i'm also feeling the need to be creative and cook up something fun. hmmm...

I'm on to water oz's 47.4-71.1 for the day... kinda bored at work, so making something of a game of... flushing....
Old 05-23-2012, 03:04 PM   #510
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Britt, I agree...her voice doesn't register right with me.

That faux tuna melt sounds great to me. I'm going to make it. Thanks for sharing.
Closed Thread