Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2012, 08:17 PM   #391
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/218.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
hey guys,
long day traveling back home...skipped breakfast, ordered a turkey sub on wheat with tomato, cucumber and green peppers at the airport and ate 1/2 of the sub (maybe 1/4 of the roll) and felt satisfied so i did NOT eat the other half...

got home and ate grilled chicken and steak tips...i was a good boy this week - have no idea what the scale will say though???...

hope everyone had a great friday...let's rock this weekend!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2012, 05:25 AM   #392
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Got to meet the teacher and classmates of my youngest grandchild yesterday and then alot more of the teachers and principals that my daughter works with when she subs ( almost daily). Then we sold popsicles at 3 different cafeterias in the school to raise money for grandson and his group to go to the global Destination Imagination in Knoxville in afew weeks. It was wild. They were the ones that come in a plastic tube so we had to cut the ends off for the kids. It was like being attacked by a swarm of bees! They all wanted the blue colored ones which of course we ran out of quickly. Some kids had extra money and would buy 4, 5 or 10 popsicles for their friends. It was wild but fun too.

Daughter and I went out to lunch and I had a double cheeseburger without the bun.

Then I did put together the taco/mexican casserole for dinner which went over real well. I had a salad of taco meat, shredded lettuce, cheese, chopped tomatoes and sour cream with afew chopped chilis on top. Delicious.

Today will be soccer games and then oldest grandaughter's district track meet. Busy day!

Vicki, cheese and nuts are definitely a good choice over high carb stuff. Good for you!
The time I get back from working on Mom's house is always the most dangerous time for me eating wise. I am tired and my resolve is way down. I like to have some pork rinds on hand to keep me from getting into the carby stuff.

FF, are you cooking a chicken and meat loaf today as planned? Speaking of meat loaf we watched a show last night which had the singer Meat Loaf in a lead part. I had no idea he acted too. Pretty talented.

Tony, hope you had a productive week! Did you get a chance to look for apartments or did you just decide to take over Sarah's when she moves to a bigger one?

I hope the weather is as nice today as it was yesterday. So pleasant in the 70's.

Wishing you all a great Saturday!

Last edited by Abigale; 05-12-2012 at 05:28 AM..
Old 05-12-2012, 10:42 AM   #393
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Good morning! Happy Mother's Day tomorrow to all you mom's out there.

Well, got the car back Thursday after work - needed a new starter (another one-I just had that replaced at another shop a couple of months ago). They put in a Dodge part instead of generic so I hope my little Dodge is happy with that. Everytime I go to start it, I get a little nervous, but so far so good.

Went to the grocery store this morning and stocked up - this being without food for a week was rough....Bought NY strip steaks, round steak, ground beef, pork chops, chicken thighs, lots of veggies and a package of strawberries. I think I'm set.

I know our official weigh in isn't until Tuesday, but I got on the scale this morning and I had lost...4 pounds since I started the Blitz challenge. We'll see what next Tuesday brings.

Here's eats today:

B-bacon and eggs
L-Big salad with peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions and ground beef with ranch dressing
D-NY steak and green beans

Yummy!

Stay strong.....TTYL

Marilee
Old 05-12-2012, 01:27 PM   #394
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

wow, abi, that sounds like a great day!...so happy to hear you are enjoying your visit...i can imagine the swarming kids :-)

i decided to rent sarah's apt. - it is such a nice complex and i am familiar with it now and it is very convenient to music row so it will be a great place to co-write...i am excited...i also bought a used car while i was there...my buddy's girlfriend was selling her 1998 toyota avalon for $2000 so no more rentals :-) and i left my guitar there!...so happy to be officially settling in nashvegas...lol...

marilee, sounds like you did a great job filling the house with good food and AWESOME job on the weight loss!...try to hang onto it til tuesday - the team could use it!

i weighed in today at 219.4 - the first time in months that i've been under 220 and down .8 from last week, so far...will push to lose another pound or so by tuesday to keep up the pace we need to hit goal...

today:
b: hb egg white
l: salad with evoo and acv
d: leftover meats

the weather was beautiful in nashville while i was there and it is beautiful here this weekend - i keep missing the nasty weather, wherever i am :-)

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 05-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #395
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tony, what great news! A comfy apartment, neat car and place to put your guitar. I bet you are excited.

Congratulations on the good news on the scale.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:12 PM   #396
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
good for u Tony....

apartmentwise, and weight wise. i did not go shopping yet. perhaps tomorrow, otherwise after work, Monday. My only concern is staying hydrated. I am working on a 2 litre bottle of plain water even as we speak. I slept late, and did not leave the building today. However, tomorrow I have to pick up some pharmaceuticals. I will stay out until it starts to rain. FF
Old 05-13-2012, 06:47 AM   #397
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Marilee, good going on the loss! I am sort of dreading weighing in on Tuesday as I haven't been able to weigh since Wed. I feel like I haven't overdone it but you just never know. Sorry about the bad starter. Hoping you will have smooth sailing from now on.

Tony, glad you are all settled with Sarah's apartment, the car and a safe home for your guitar. Flying it back and forth was probably hard on it just like it is on us "hewmons" as FF would say.

FF, is it still raining back in the east? Hope you can get out and do some walking today. Good you are staying hydrated.

Busy morning today. The youngest grandaughter will make her First Communion this morning. She wants her Mom to curl her hair in ringlets. Never any rest with the mother of 4 even Mother's Day.

Had more taco casserole yesterday , bacon and eggs and getting ready now to have a sausage and egg buscuit minus the biscuit for breakfast.

Have a great Sunday all! I fly back in morning a 7am and get into Hartford, CT at 4:30 then 1 1/2 hour drive home. Tired just thinking about it!

Talk to you all as soon as I get a chance tomorrow.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:24 AM   #398

no rain, but i did not go out....

just chilling out. If there is no re-run of Gounod's Faust, then I WILL go out for a spell. Otherwise, next no-rain opportunity. FF
Old 05-13-2012, 09:53 AM   #399
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!

Got on the scale and it stayed the same - which is great!!!! I expect a loss on Tuesday morning for our weigh-in.

We got our first "extensive heat warning" from the weather channel for today starting at 10AM through Tuesday - it's going to be 104 degrees for the next couple of days. Pretty early in the year for that nonsense.

Here's eats today:

B-bacon and eggs
L-chicken thighs and salad
D-steak and salad

Love Atkins induction!!!!!
Old 05-13-2012, 06:47 PM   #400
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

sounds like everyone is doing great!...happy mother's day to the moms!

marilee, good job holding onto the loss!...

abi, have a safe trip back - you are running around a lot so you may be burning more calories than you think...although, you never sit still even when you are at home!...

ff, hope you enjoyed the weekend weather and got outside - it's supposed to rain for the next couple of days - in fact, i hear the pitter-patter of raindrops right now!...

had a good day - met the in-laws in sturbridge for lunch and had baked haddock, green beans, cole slaw and chili...skipped breakfast and snacked on baked chicken for dinner...gonna try a lot of water tomorrow and see where i stand on tuesday...

let's all have a great sunday night and monday!
Old 05-14-2012, 07:43 AM   #401
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

happy monday, everyone!...

thinking about abi on a plane with a long day of traveling ahead of her - but i know she feels it was worth it!

feeling strong today - am gonna start drinking water and will try to drown myself between now and a couple of hours before bedtime :-)
Old 05-14-2012, 08:32 AM   #402
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Monday! I can't wait for weigh in tomorrow. I got on the scales and was down 2.4 pounds since Sunday! Doing the happy dance and hoping it "sticks" for tomorrow.

It is so nice to be on an upswing. I wish my weight and lack of loss and control didn't affect my moods, but it does. Just 5 pounds loss and I feel so much better about myself, even though I am MO (morbidly obese - gosh I hate that phrase).

I'm also feeling great because all of my home/car issues are OVER I'm ready for a turnaround in all areas.

Better get to work - TTYL
Old 05-14-2012, 08:56 AM   #403
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

that's great, marilee!!!!...you are soooo capable of this...you are gonna be in twoterville again before you know it and this time will be the last time - until you hit 1derland!...good for you, girl...

as of this morning i am only down .6 from last tuesday at 219.6, but i plan to have a very light day today - maybe just salads after this morning's hb egg white...but that's still 3.6 lbs. down since the start of the challenge and nicely above the necessary pace...

i will drink a lot today and hope that doesn't stick before weigh-in, but i won't eat salt, so hopefully that will help!...

did ff take the day off?...usually we hear from him by now...where is everyone else?
Old 05-14-2012, 09:15 AM   #404
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Tony. I don't want to be in "Threestirkesyouroutland" any more either.

I forgot to report eats....

B-3 eggs
L-left over NY strip steak, tomato and orange pepper
D-Bacon and tomato lettuce wraps with mayo and onion.
Old 05-14-2012, 03:04 PM   #405

i was out today...some temperature....

i did not have the strength to get dressed, otherwise I would most certainly have gone to work. After I called my boss, I fell asleep again for 3 hours. I will probably bypass the Antiques Road Show at 8 pm, and hit the hay. Today's question is: During what time of year is your appetites least? In my experience, that time of year is almost at hand. Low carb or not, I always am more consistent with weight loss, plain water drinking, and lower calorie consumtion in the HOT weather. Interested in hearing about your(plural) trends. FF
Old 05-14-2012, 05:14 PM   #406
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Home Sweet Home! Yes Tony, it was a long day of traveling. Daughter dropped me at the Joplin airport at 5:30 and I pulled in our drive at 5:30pm with a time change in the middle. Don't know if I will beat you all with posting in the morning. It will depend on the dog as usual.

Have a good night and hope we will all show a loss in the morning!
Old 05-14-2012, 06:05 PM   #407
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

welcome back, abi!...that was a loooong day of traveling!...we missed you in new england... :-)

ff, sorry to hear you didn't feel well today...to answer your question, i seem to do best losing weight in the spring - not sure why, unless it is because i seem to fatten up so much in the winter, that there is no way to go but down!...

marilee, nice menu, kid...i did pretty well today too!:
b: hb egg white
l: salad with feta cheese, evoo and acv
d: 2 - cheddar sirloin burgers on a plate - no bun - hot pepper relish and mustard

didn't drink like i planned though as i was out all day...have a great night and lets rock the scales in the a.m.!

Last edited by tony8; 05-14-2012 at 06:06 PM..
Old 05-14-2012, 07:16 PM   #408
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow, dinner was so good I just had to share.

Along with the bacon, lettuce, tomato and may - I added a turkey burger and avocado. Dang! I was making piggy noises! I will for sure make that again!
Old 05-14-2012, 07:28 PM   #409
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well, got hungry before curfew tonight, but refused to head to the kitchen...now it's 25 minutes after curfew and i'm still waiting out the craving...i know i am not really hungry!...reminds me of those horror movies where the person knows the monster is not real...lol...

it is great to be able to say that tonight there is a ZERO % chance i am eating anything else... :-)

mmmmmm, marilee...that sounds YUMMY!
Old 05-15-2012, 02:44 AM   #410
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Down .4

Well, I guess I should be happy I'm not up especially coming back from 5 days away from normal schedule. Was hoping I would be down another pound. Oh well, I am super motivated to make it up for next Tuesday.

FF, hope you are feeling good now and having a good week.

Marilee, that meal really did sound perfect! Yummy!

Tony, it is good to be back in New England. I loved seeing the kids but traveling is stressful for me. I guess I am just a homebody. Boring lol

I will check back later and log in all the gangs losses for the last week. Have a great Tuesday all!
Old 05-15-2012, 05:09 AM   #411
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abi, i can't believe you still beat us all here!...by the way, a huge congrats on showing any drop at all this week!...you not only were out of your routine, you were with family and grandkids in missouri, where comfort food is king!...i am VERY proud of you!...

i did not give in last night, and eventually the craving passed (as i now know they always do) and i am not hungry at all this morning...

i will be back after i weigh in :-)
Old 05-15-2012, 05:40 AM   #412

perhaps u should have yourself, a little something just before 9pm

Tony, so u do not torture yourself. I always try to postpone dinner to 8 pm, but that does not always work, so i allow myself something around 8:45pm, and i see to it that the last morsel gets swallowed just as the cablebox says 9:00pm. Once i am able to spend my evenings outside the house, this will no longer be a problem. I am back at work, but not yet feeling 100%. I put the AC on immediately, and it is now kicking in. I am going to SHOPRITE after work, and before I hit the FAYGO aisle, I am headed for the vitamin aisle and buying a S*&Tload of b12. I am glad everyone is progressing with the challenge. I shall be weighing in 6/28/12. FF
Old 05-15-2012, 08:19 AM   #413
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!

Abi, a loss is a loss and with all of your traveling and "goings on", I think that's great! It would have been so easy to gain and you didn't!

I am down a total of 6.8 for this challenge - 2.8 since last week. Doing the happy dance for sure.

How is everyone else?
Old 05-15-2012, 11:24 AM   #414

feel a bit improved since this morning.

i will be hungry by the time i get to SHOPRITE, so i must be on guard. Just coffee at Dunkin' & no "something with". I wish I could be like those low carbers who lose their taste for the "good old bad carbs". I will pick up some turkey wings and chop meat for a meat loaf. that should tide me over through Friday. I love the way I do both. Guys, I am so loving hearing about your progress. 0.4 lbs is just as much a victory as 4.0. As long as u are not feeling deprived, or frustrated, or bored with your food, it is a foregone conclusion that you WILL attain goal and PERMANENT maintenance. FF
Old 05-15-2012, 11:29 AM   #415
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

wow, marilee, awesome week and overall challenge!...abi had you down for 1.8 last week and 2.8 this week would total 4.6 for the challenge...is this incorrect?...are you down 6.8 for the blitz?...i know this can be confusing! :-)

i weighed in at 218.6 this morning, down 1.6 for the week and 4.6 for the challenge...almost halfway to goal in two weeks!...i'm happy about that!

ff, you're gonna have a big drop, bro...i can feel it...thanks for the advice on the timing - i think you're right!

today:
b: 2 oz sausage
l: salad with feta, evoo and acv
d: sausage, meatballs, tomatoes and peppers - yum, but no bread :-(
Old 05-15-2012, 11:41 AM   #416
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tony, I'm confused, too. I keep a chart and on Wednesday, 5/2, I weighed in at 329.8. Today I was 323.0

Day Date Weight

Wed 5.2 329.8
Tuesday 5.8 328.0
Thurs 5.10 326.2
Fri 5.11 327.4
Sat 5.12 325.8
Sun 5.13 325.8
Mon 5.14 323.4
Tuesday 5.15 323.0

Total Loss 6.8

On my post to 5.5, I stated I was down 1.8 pounds, but the first week of the challenge hadn't ended.

Last edited by Gibby; 05-15-2012 at 11:44 AM..
Old 05-15-2012, 02:36 PM   #417
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yea Marilee! let me know if I don't post you correctly. Tony, 1.6 yea!!
Old 05-15-2012, 02:38 PM   #418
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I know this looks so lopsided. It looks fine on my signature but when I post it everything gets weird. I will keep working on it.

Beth, Artemis, Jenny and Vicki, how did your week go?
Old 05-15-2012, 02:48 PM   #419
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigale View Post
Yea Marilee! let me know if I don't post you correctly. Tony, 1.6 yea!!
Thanks, Abi. To be honest, I missed it! I read all of your news and didn't even see it.

How about if instead of a weekly total by person, we do a grand total to-date by person? It doesn't matter to me, but it might make it easier on you.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:09 PM   #420
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kbeth
Stats: 5'4" 43yo 161/148/125
WOE: Paleo-esque
Start Date: April 2002/Restart April 2012
Looks like everybody had a busy week, myself included!

..or is that "me included"?? Anyway..hit the ground running this AM, so I don't have an official weigh in. The good news is that I weighed 155 this afternoon and that's after breakfast and lunch, so hopefully tomorrow AM will show a loss.

I plan to catch up on goings-on tomorrow...but I did catch that you are feeling poorly, FF. So sorry, friend! Hope you are feeling better this afternoon!!
Closed Thread