Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2012, 11:27 AM   #361
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/236.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
kbeth, no doubt it is the ham...i love salty snacks and they do me in every time...try to drink a lot of water over the next few days and you'll flush it out...

we are all gonna have weeks where we lose, where we hold steady and even where we gain a bit...that is why this is a TEAM challenge...okay, stragglers, how'd you do?...LOL... ;-)

ff, i have a good feeling about you and think you're gonna give us a BIG number once you weigh...

okay, i have been sweating since i got to nashville (lots of humidity!) and the good news is that it is sapping my appetite...all i have had today is water and a few strawberries and i am not in the least bit hungry...

went to the market and did some food shopping for sarah...she is so cute!...she's at work today and she had very little food in the house and i know she gets home late and tired and i worry she doesn't eat enough so i just filled her kitchen with over $300 in groceries...

she'll say "oh dad" when she sees it, but will be happy it's there...that's what daddies are for, right? :-) all healthy, whole, good stuff and picked up a couple of marinated ribeyes to make her for dinner tonight when she gets out...

hope everyone is having a great tuesday!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2012, 12:55 PM   #362
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Tony, would you consider adopting us all?

Well I see our challenge results are in my signature now. A little cramped. Maybe I can fix that.

Last edited by Abigale; 05-08-2012 at 12:57 PM..
Old 05-08-2012, 12:55 PM   #363
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.6/333.4/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 11/11/13
You're a great dad, Tony! Marinated rib-eyes-Yummy!!!!!
Old 05-08-2012, 02:58 PM   #364
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
yes, Tony...that is a great idea!!! adopt us all!!!

u will probably have to remake your will. FYI not all of King Herod's offspring inherited (clearing throat). When I DO weigh in, circa 6/16/12, it will be a big #. The question is will it be a big # up, or a big# down. Another clear weekend forecast. I hope I will be more active, I coitantly could not be less. FF
Old 05-08-2012, 02:58 PM   #365
Major LCF Poster!

sure, i'll adopt ya, abi...and after feeding you, i will put you to work painting your new home! :-)

marilee, what were the highlights at the market today?...hope you are well-stocked now...oops, does that happen later today?...

sarah is very independent and a little stubborn (she is a lot like her dad!), and doesn't like me to help her, so i have to pick my spots and sometimes prepare a convincing argument in order to get away with doing anything for her...that being said, i know she appreciates it and that it makes her happy to know her parents and siblings all want to make her life easier...

she will be even happier when she sees the repair work i did to her walls and mouldings today - i can't even believe how awesome they look...i will let the spackle, texture and wood filler dry overnight and paint the repaired areas tomorrow or thursday - you won't be able to tell there was ever any damage...her puppy insists on following me everywhere around the apt. and all i can say to her is "this is all your fault!"...lol...

starting to get hungry...sarah doesn't get home tonight until 7:30-ish so i have some time to wait but it is okay...we'll have a nice meal together...

is everyone feeling strong today?...let's have a great start to week 2 of the challenge!!!

Last edited by tony8; 05-08-2012 at 02:59 PM..
Old 05-08-2012, 03:04 PM   #366
Major LCF Poster!

ff, don't worry, i'm leaving you all my 21st century technology, so you'll have an update over the victrola and telegraph you are currently using...pavarotti will have a lot more work to do over there...
Old 05-08-2012, 06:53 PM   #367
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tony, I didn't want to tell you all this because it seems like I've shared enough bad news lately, and didn't want to come off as a whining victim (which I'm not) but on Monday morning my car wouldn't start again.
It wasn't the battery and I figured it was the starter issue again that I had a couple of months ago.

Had it towed to a AAA corporate repair shop and it seems that the spare key I gave them worked, while my regular key didn't. The computer wasn't acknowledging my key and wouldn't start as part of an anti-theft precaution. So, since I want a spare key, they ordered one made from Dodge and are programming it so my car will start - that way I'll have 2 keys.

While it was there, I had them to an AC check, as I noticed it wasn't blowing as cold as it should. And, they did their normal 39-point check. Bottom line, they found a couple of oil leaks (I knew I had them but was waiting for my next oil chnage to deal with it) and found some leaks in my coolant system.

Long story longer - it's still in the shop - I'll will be ready tomorrow morning, so I'll pick it up after work. So, I haven't been to the grocery store and have been living on remnants of my Nutrisystem.

Today, my ride home was so nice. He took me to the grocery store and I picked up enough for dinner and lunch tomorrow - roasted chicken, broccolli and fresh strawberries and eggs for breakfast. I'll do my shopping after work tomorrow.

Sorry for the big bore!!!!

I am so hopeful that this is the end of the seige of bad luck that has hit me lately $$$$$$$$$. I can check off the roof - I asked the super of the job to take pictures and he came by this morning and showed them to me - it is beautiful! Gorgeous white and clean - looks great. The drywall repair and paint is done and beautiful so I can check that off. Thursday after work, I'll pick up the vacuum and I can check that off and tomorrow I can check off the car.

Please, sweet baby Jesus, let that be the end.

Marilee
Old 05-08-2012, 08:12 PM   #368
Major LCF Poster!

marilee, it is not a bore at all and don't ever hesitate to share whatever you are going through...the friendships we have formed here are real and the support is helpful in so many ways...as you know, i don't hesitate to share stuff with you guys... :-)

you certainly deserve a long streak of good luck...i know you are on a good track now in so many ways and if you are like me, when you are doing well on your eating plan, everything else seems to improve as well...have fun at the store tomorrow...

had a wonderful dinner with sarah - she enjoyed the steak so much and i enjoyed watching her enjoying it...lol...had a sauteed ribeye and steamed broccoli and a small baked sweet potato with butter...feeling great - no cravings and i'm tucked away in my hotel with nothing but bottled water...

sleep well!
Old 05-09-2012, 01:35 AM   #369
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee, we want to know the ups and downs of what the gang is going through. Glad your car will be in tip top shape and blowing nice cool air now. You sure need that in Phoenix.

Tony, I have my drop sheets and paint cans ready. Hope you like about 10 shades of off white. lol

FF, that # is going to be a BIG down!

Today is our oldest grandaughter's 17th birthday. Can't wait to see her tomorrow in Missouri and give her a big hug. It has been since July!

Hope everyone has a super Wed.!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Katherine #28.jpg (36.2 KB, 2 views)
Old 05-09-2012, 04:28 AM   #370

sorry about the car key, Gibby

i have had quite a few gremlins with technology, low and high. I am certain, if they gave me a pail and shovel, i would have problems with that as well. the good news is that i have figured it out!!! the reason for my lack of energy is my bad sleeping patterns. and the reason for my bad sleeping patterns is what we called in (earth)high school-SENIORITIS. Even I, a model student, started to cut classes from time to time. All that non-stop Kindergarten thru high school had caught up with me. I was not intending to go straight to college. However, I did so, and after college, I was burned out. I am feeling all that now again from the 31.5 years here plus other jobs before that. Last night i was expecting to lie down when i got home, but wound up staying up till 1 a.m. So, of course 4.5 hours of sleep was not nearly enough. At least i know the reason, and that makes me feel better. But the exhaustion is actually painful. I will have to live with it till the weekend. I hope everyone is enjoying their success. Tony, I admire your ability to do all those home repairs. trust me, just changing a lightbulb, or turning on the radio is a major technological advance, for me. FF
Old 05-09-2012, 07:31 AM   #371
Major LCF Poster!

ff, i'm trying to figure out how to tell dw i took care of sarah's apt. problems without telling her I actually did the work!...haha!

looking forward to another good day...i love being in a different environment where my kitchen is not close at hand and where i am so busy, my mind is not on food...

gotta run off to the studio now - have a pre-production meeting on a new song i am recording - should be fun!

abi, have a safe trip tomorrow - your granddaughter is beautiful...hope you get some catfish, girl!...

see y'all later on!

btw, where's jenny...oh, jenny?...

while i'm at it, oh, britt?...oh, vicki? :-)
Old 05-09-2012, 07:37 AM   #372
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Marilee, man, oh man, you have had enough.

Abi, your granddaughter is beautiful

Tony, man, $300 of groceries ought to go a long ways for one person.

ff, I hate it when I can't sleep.

I am preparing for a colonoscopy tomorrow afternoon. Clear liquids today and the laxative prep this afternoon, yipee. I cut off all liquids at 0700 tomorrow. Maybe with this prep today and the scope tomorrow will get me on track again LOL.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:38 AM   #373

living in TILAPIA luxury.

i am not above overworking a bad pun. Abi, your grand daughter is most charming. You probably do not know much about Ferenghi culture, but the age factor is not a factor in arranged marriages on my home world. What is a factor is LATINUM, who has it, and how much. She (your granddaughter)can do much worse than being the future widow FLATFERENGHI. Tony, remember what George Costanza says (when your wife asks who did the work at Sarah's place)"It isn't a lie if YOU believe it". Getting back to lunch, the fish's friends (fried chicken/mac & cheese)were thumbing their proverbial noses at me. I almost succumbed. Someday I just may. When that happens, I shall feel no guilt. guilt is too fattening an emotion. i shall eat it and enjoy it and end of story. Hopeful those scenarios will be few and far between. After all, we are not criminals, just metabolically UNGIFTED. FF
Old 05-09-2012, 10:34 PM   #374
Major LCF Poster!

vicki, you should lose 5 lbs today and the team could use it!!! :-0

ff, nice job resisting the temptation...i am now a big believer in making sure indulgences are planned rather than impulsive...

had a great eating day today other than the fact that i had 6 jim beam and diet cokes over 9 hours (is that really only 420 calories and 0 carbs?)...another "nashville songwriter day"...

b: skipped
l: great salad with grilled salmon
d: 6 hot wings

hope everyone had a great day!
Old 05-10-2012, 04:34 AM   #375
Major LCF Poster!

well, the guy who never drinks seems to have survived his wild night...lol...it's 6:30 and i'm gonna try to take a nap! :-)
Old 05-10-2012, 04:40 AM   #376

got some solid sack time last night....

from 10:15pm to 4:08am with no interruptions. I finally peeled myself up at 6:11am this morning. I really want to be up early Sat. a.m. I do not ever want to repeat last weekend's sloth again. Right now I am listening and labeling some of the newer audio cassettes I made. The scheduled singer for die Walkuere for the role of Siegmund was indisposed, and I wish his replacement was likewise indisposed. We were never blessed with a generation of sufficient "Wagner" or Helden(heroic)tenors to go around. Herr Wagner made too many demands upon the human vocal cords when writing for tenors portraying demigods. I will hold onto thisone until next year's Ring broadcast. The audio cassette is STILL alive, and doing quite well as is vinyl. Tonight is McD night. FF
Old 05-10-2012, 05:06 AM   #377
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The prep wasn't so bad. I hope the procedure and recovery go as smoothly. I didn't weigh this morning since I have been up since 0230 and drinking clear liquids. Oh well. I hope I can add something to the weight loss.

What day is weigh in for recording the losses?
Old 05-10-2012, 06:53 AM   #378
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Vicki, I'm glad everything went well with your procedure.

Guys, I am so upset! I got the call that my car was fixed so they came to pick me up and brought the car to me. I got in and was going to go to the grocery store, but a little voice said, take it home and see if it works. So, I went home, parked the car and then went to start it and it wouldn't start!! I tried several times with both keys and nothing! So, last night it got towed back to the shop and hopefully, they can find out why my keys won't communicate with the computer.

Anyway, I'm down about 2 pounds so far since Tuesday. Probably a combination of stress and no food in the house. At least there is one positive to this whole thing.

TTYL
Old 05-10-2012, 07:07 AM   #379
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kbeth
Stats: 5'4" 43yo 161/148/125
WOE: Paleo-esque
Start Date: April 2002/Restart April 2012
Stopping in really quick to say I've either got a stomach bug or a tweaking gallbladder. Bleh. The upswing is that this should help with next week's weigh-in.
Stay strong y'all and see you in a day or two!
Old 05-10-2012, 07:52 AM   #380
Major LCF Poster!

kbeth, hope you feel better soon!...not the way i wanna see you lose :-(

vicki, hope the scope goes well...i'm overdo for one...i'm thinking later this year...i've heard the prep is by far, the worst part...tuesdays are weigh-in, but you can wait til next tuesday if you want...

ff, enjoy the mcd's...what's it gonna be?

skipping breakfast again today but will try to have two decent meals before the day's over!
Old 05-10-2012, 10:21 AM   #381

going w/o lunch today as well as w/o bkfst.!!!

i am just not hungry enough to go down to the cafeteria today. i am alternating between my Faygo choc soda & rasberry flavored seltzer. I WILL have 2 double quarter pounders with cheese tonight...bunless of course. I have a swell salad at home with celery and onion (enough for 2 times)& i have 1 low carb bagel left. I will squeeze in as much critter as will fit, and will eat the rest with a fork. Gibby, I really feel for you. I, frankly, could not deal with such sustained incompetence. If this was me, and it being NYC, it would not end happily for the mechanics. It is good that i do not drive. If i should ever come into substantial $$$, and i do buy a car, i will get a chauffeur to drive it, and take care of its needs. Kbeth, feel better. Being sick never resulted in weight loss for me, unless it was gastric or intestinally related. FF
Old 05-10-2012, 02:00 PM   #382
Major LCF Poster!

marilee, your lucky streak must be starting tomorrow! :-)
Old 05-10-2012, 02:51 PM   #383
Major LCF Poster!

Well after a stressful drive in pouring rain to Hartford following a tractor trailer's lights so I wouldn't drive off the road lol I have made it to Missouri. It has been a long day but worth it. Have gotten to hug 3 out of the 4 grandkids and the birthday girl is on her way home now from track practice.

So far today I have had one cup of coffee, a glass of flavored selzer water and McDonalds cheeseburger minus the bun.

Marilee, so sorry about the car. I was holding my breath on the drive to the airport that my new alternator might have a hiccup.

Tony, I would have had a major headache from those drinks. You must have an iron constitution. I would love to drink more than two glasses of wine occasionally but the possible headache always puts the brakes on.

Vicki, not a fun test but good to know when they say all is ok. Thanks for the nice words about my grandaughter.

Beth, sorry you are under the weather. Hope you are feeling better!

Talk to you all later!
Old 05-10-2012, 05:38 PM   #384
Major LCF Poster!

hey abs, great to see you made it to missouri in one piece!...enjoy the family!...

i never drink except for a few times a year when i am with these guys...no headache, and i paced myself so i was not buzzed, but i don't like the way my body feels after drinking - most folks wouldn't even notice the change, but i do...

just got back from dinner - had a few pieces of cut-up fruit for lunch and had 1/2 bbq chicken and baked beans and cole slaw for din din...very satisfied and won't eat again until tomorrow!...

hope everyone has a great night!
Old 05-10-2012, 06:20 PM   #385
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Scope didn't go too bad. They did find a poly so now I need to go to office and find out more in a couple of weeks. The prep wasn't too bad Tony, not what I expected.

I will probably weigh in tomorrow for a mid week check.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:47 PM   #386
Major LCF Poster!

happy to hear it went well, vicki...polyps are frequently found and are usually nothing to worry about...bet you're gonna like the number on the scale tomorrow :-)
Old 05-11-2012, 04:14 AM   #387

HAPPY FRIDAY ALL!!!

& HAPPY MOTHERS DAY as well. I hope the weather will be equally pleasant as it will be here in Crime & Dirt City. I am so looking forward to be outside for most of the weekend, i.e. the daylight parts. I turned the tv off last night and listened to music till about 10:45am. then, I discovered PBS sneaked in another taped performance of a live Metopera performance. although it will probably be repeated on sunday afternoon, i have not committed to staying home and taping it. We shall see. It was Gounod's Faust; beautifully sung, wonderfully acted. However, the staging takes place in 1940s America as opposed to medieval Germany. Quite a jump!!! Otherwise, I will just focus on staying on plan, and moving myself a little. FF
Old 05-11-2012, 05:10 AM   #388
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki, am sure the polyp will be nothing to worry about. Good that you are having it checked out though. Tuesdays are the weigh in days.

FF, weather is nice right now in Missouri. It had been in the 90's but all this week it will be in the 70,s - yea!

I have been commissioned by son-in-law to make Mexican casserole. This is always a request when we get together. I will have my fixings on a salad but the rest will have it all baked together on a crust of tortilla chips. Really everything is low carb except the chips and refried beans. So I will have chopped tomatoes, cheese, meat, and diced onion.

Had a hamburger topped with cheese and a salad for dinner.

Helping daughter get 4 kids off to school. Talk to you all later!

Have a great Friday all!
Old 05-11-2012, 10:24 AM   #389

too lazy to go to lunch...AGAIN!!!

tonight i am getting a prepared chicken. yes, it has dextrose on the skin. but i am not eating a whole chicken. i will count the 1/3 of the chicken as a full 20 grams...ditto the other 1/3 each on sunday and monday. Of course there are at least 5 hours from now until i get to the chicken aisle. perhaps, i will change my mind, and get one to make in my RONCO. Yes, that makes more sense. I will consume some chinese food instead(i have more control of carb grams with THE GREAT WALL delivery), and make the chicken when i get home tomorrow. I am also going to make a meatloaf in the oven while the chicken is rotating.I found Franks Hot Sauce, which i put in the fridge about a year ago.(cheaper than Tabasco) i am REALLY looking forward to getting out of the house tomorrow. I hope everyone has a glorious weekend. FF
Old 05-11-2012, 02:47 PM   #390
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

226.6 today, nothing to write home about. But, as far as staying on track, so far so good. I did snack on cheese and pnuts though. Much better than crackers and other carby snacks that I have been eating when I walk in the door.
Closed Thread