Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2012, 07:08 AM   #331
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.6/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Woo-hoo! (Just for you, Tony!) The scale finally moved....down 1.8 pounds since my start on Tuesday. Whew!

And..................the trauma is almost over! The painter will be here in an hour to paint the drywall on the ceiling. The superintendent of my roof project will be here in two hours for the final inspection and to take pictures so I can see what was done. Praise the Lord!!!!

The only thing remaining is to get my vacuum. They called with the quote for belt replacement and over-haul tune up and particle filter replacement, etc. and it was fine. The only problem is, it won't be ready until after 4:00 next Thursday. I have 4 cats....need I say more? Maybe I can knit a sweater or something with all of the hair that is here.

Well, I better get ready for my "company". I'll check in later.

It's nice to see everyone posting and getting involved. I have a number issue, too, but it is important for me to see it and "own" it so I can face my reality. As long as everyone does what is good for them....it will all work out!!!

TTYL

Marilee

Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2012, 08:13 AM   #332
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
i am overjoyed that there are more of us AND

"less" of us at the same time. I have a piece of Hillshire Farms zero carb (per 2 oz & lower fat for those who care. I care that it is delicious)sausage hottening in the upper oven. I foresee a larger intake of calories today. I will do my best not to let it get out of hand. Directly after the opera, I am going to SHOPRITE for some Turkey Wings among other things.
Then after I return, I will do my laundry. I need to stay out of the house as much as possible. Out of sight, out of mind. I am still reeling from a dream wherefrom I was so glad to awaken. I was in the bathroom shaving, and suddenly waves of water gushed up from the sink and bath drains, like a tsunami. It seemed as real as I am sitting here now telling of it. There is no punchline. Perhaps the Gods are telling me to drink more water. FF
Old 05-05-2012, 09:24 AM   #333
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kbeth
Stats: 5'4" 43yo 161/148/125
WOE: Paleo-esque
Start Date: April 2002/Restart April 2012
FF...that sounds awful!! Joking aside, you may be right, tho. I always dream about water, or more specifically grape soda(??) when I am dehydrated!! Drink more...but not so much you can't sit through the opera.

Tony and Gibby...woo-hoo!! Great to see some downward movement. I am trying to wait until Tuesdays to weigh and it's killin' me!

Abi...there is some great information out there concerning the drive to eat when sleepy. I'm going to see if I can find it. I am so impressed that you are making a linen jacket!!

B: eggs and avo
L: chicken on salad maybe
S: walnuts
D: probably ground beef and veg
<---Avatar Summer 2009. Soooo close to goal and then had a mad, passionate weekend with sugar. Let me be a lesson to you. Not sure you're strong enough to cheat and then get right back on plan?? Then don't do it!!
Old 05-05-2012, 03:33 PM   #334
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Vicki! are you getting ready to watch the Derby? Got a favorite?
Old 05-05-2012, 05:05 PM   #335
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Hey y'all. Has been quite a full Saturday for me. Called my niece for her birthday, went for a jog, cleaned my house, and did some work (boo!). Now I have a bit of a headache. I got upset a bit today because I got a note in the mail that they are rescheduling my dr's appt for the third time! Each time it keeps getting pushed back for three months at a time. It said they are still going to do the diagnostic testing in July but my actual appt is not until september now...ugh! I'm gonna call on mon or tues and see what I can do about it.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:18 PM   #336

Artemis, the appt business is the exact opposite of my situation

i was the one calling and postponing, until it turned out that it was over a year, until I actually saw the doctor. The reason for postponing was that I wanted to lose more weight, yet all the time, I kept putting back more weight. I finally did go because she would not write me any more prescriptions. I will not live so dangerously in future (not on purpose). Today, I did not eat any more or less than during the week. My eating is over for the day, even though it is only 8:12pm edt. I had 1 large order of ribs (i ordered 2). I ate the meat from a turkey sandwich and a brisket sandwich, and tossed the bread, using 1 low carb bagel, and a cup of chicken broth. The low carb bagel came back into play because I was having potato and onion ring thoughts. Be well. FF
Old 05-06-2012, 03:48 AM   #337
Major LCF Poster!

Artemis, it is just unbelievable that they keep pushing your appointment back so far. Maybe when you have your diagnostic tests in June they will decide to move you back up and figure out some procedure to get you to feeling better. Let us hope so! Sorry you got a headache on your time off. Hope it wasn't too bad and didn't last long.

FF, it is always great to have something to fall back on when you get some of those evil cravings. Good for you to have the low carb bagels handy! Have you been able to get any walking in yet this weekend?

Beth, if you saw how simple that jacket pattern was you would not be too impressed! I was happy that I did not mess the material up as it is not cheap!

Vicki, the Derby sure was exciting wasn't it!

Tony, I am sure you are having a great time in CT and watching what you eat. Hope I can do the same when I go out of town Thursday. I'll be having a layover in Dallas on the way out and in Dallas and Chicago on the way back. Connection times are really short so I will be hoofing it!

Had pork roast and a hamburger yesterday.

I will check in later to see how everyone is doing this weekend.

Have a great Sunday Blitzers!

Last edited by Abigale; 05-06-2012 at 03:51 AM..
Old 05-06-2012, 06:50 AM   #338
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
228.2 yesterday. Trying to get a handle on starting.

Abi, Derby, what derby?

Rainstorms here and cleaning gutters in the middle of it. This is the usual ARGH. Took house off the market and decided to stay. So, need to do something about those gutter: guards maybe?

I told DH I was going to make a menu. I found that I go to the grocery store about 4 times a week after I entered the receipt amounts into Quicken (DH's format of keeping track of finances of which I am adjusting too LOL). So, that is what is on my agenda for today!
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
9-28 206.4 down 11.8 lbs Total - 54 lbs
10-28 203.2 down 3.2 lbs Total - 57.2 lbs

Last edited by vli1127; 05-06-2012 at 06:52 AM..
Old 05-06-2012, 09:36 AM   #339
Senior LCF Member

I tried to make LC pancakes this morning using egg beaters instead of real eggs...epic failure!
Old 05-06-2012, 01:46 PM   #340
Major LCF Poster!

Don't mind me Vicki. I have lost my mind. I was thinking we talked about the Derby last year so now I don't have a clue who I talked to and it was probably back in 2010. See, I told you. lol

Anyway, it was very exciting.
Old 05-06-2012, 04:36 PM   #341
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/218.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
hey guys!!!...i missed y'all!...had a great weekend in ct - my father-in-law said it was his best birthday ever...it was so much fun...18 of us at a mets game yesterday - had a nathan's hot dog and thought about ff...

i behaved well - chose the LC options at every turn...ate a little more than i had all week, but thought about artemis' cycling and figured i'd eat very little on monday and tuesday...

tomorrow i head to nashvegas for the week - i'm looking forward to it...

artemis, sorry to hear about your appt. - that is ridiculous - why did they choose you?...it's not like they are bumping everyone three months!...i'm gonna pm my cell number to you and if you are free and wanna grab dinner with sarah and i, or catch some music this week, holler at me...

marilee, woo-hoo!...nice job on the loss!...can't wait to sip margaritas on your new patio ;-)

abi, doesn't seem like you should have to go to dallas and chicago to get from missouri to nh, does it?...crazy routes!...on the way to nash, my flight stops in baltimore but i stay on the plane, which i love, cuz i hate carrying my guitar on and off planes...i am leaving one of my guitars with sarah, so i won't have to carry it again for some time...

did i tell you guys i am looking for an apartment (maybe sarah's when she moves into a 2br with her new roommate) and a used car so that i have a home away from home in nashville?...i am so sick of living out of a bag and hotels and paying $300 a week to rent a car...i'm excited!...

vicki, sounds like you are gonna get a good start by shopping for some good stuff 4 times a week!... :-)

kbeth i am laughing so hard thinking about you dreaming about grape soda!...too cute...

ff, i only go to the doc so she won't withhold my meds - otherwise, i would never go!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 05-06-2012, 05:35 PM   #342
Senior LCF Member

Tony, hope you have a great time in Nashville this week. It has been storming off and on all weekend.

This week is going to be a storm for me! Starting in the morning at 6 am, I have to help an ungrateful grad student with her bone marrow transplants. Then after that long day, I have to go to a dinner with one of our collaborators. Probably the only thing that will get me through this week is knowing that I am going home for Mother's Day this weekend!
Old 05-06-2012, 07:04 PM   #343

there are low carb pancake mixes. i saw some on netrition & at SHOPRITE.

Guys, apart from doing the laundry, i did not move a muscle. I am actually looking forward to going to work tomorrow. FF
Old 05-06-2012, 08:07 PM   #344
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

artemis, that does sound crazy...i don't think i've ever had a week in nashville that wasn't completely nuts...i try to get some rest BEFORE i get there, cuz there sure ain't no rest once i am there :-)

ff, let me know how those LC pancakes taste...my wife makes blueberry pancakes all the time and i haven't tasted one in at least a year...
Old 05-07-2012, 04:01 AM   #345
Major LCF Poster!

Had a nice cheese, mushroom and onion omlet at the country club yesterday. It was nice to be back there. Then on the way home the alternator went out on my car. They will fix it this morning and fortunately we have a friend who is letting me use his suburban while they work on it. Never have driven a car that big but he says his 81 year old mother drove it last week without any trouble so we'll see. lol

So glad this did not happen driving to the airport on Thursday!

Artemis, this coming week does not sound any easier than last week! Did you get to have some fun and rest over the weekend?

FF, well doing laundry and having to lug back and forth to the laundry room is exercise with a purpose. Makes sense to me!

Tony, that will be great to get set up in Nashville and not have to live out of a suitcase. It will leave more mental room to be creative. Have an inspiring week!

Vicki, did you get all the gutters cleaned out in the rain? Not a very fun project.

Going to get on the road so wish me luck. I will check back later.

Have a great day all!
Old 05-07-2012, 05:22 AM   #346
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well, abi, i guess you better keep any problems you have driving that suburban to yourself if an 81-year-old lady can handle it with NO trouble at all :-)

flight leaves at 2:40 today so i have a little time this morning to chill...they are having storms in nashville today, so i hope that doesn't delay my flight...

things i refused this weekend:
1. the peanut m&m's my wife repeatedly offered me on the drive to and from ct
2. the fried dough the fam was passing around at the mets game
3. the 20 different types of beautiful bakery breads all over the table at the in-laws
3. my father-in-law's b-day carrot cake

i'm not gonna say it was easy, but it was not as difficult as it sometimes is :-)

today:
b: hb egg white
l: leftover baked fish
d:? maybe fried catfish? :-)
Old 05-07-2012, 05:27 AM   #347

i have not tried the pancakes.

the box has been sitting in the pantry for nearly a year.I was going to use it for Winter/sunday brunch along with a generous portion of Hillshire zero carb kielbasa. that never happened. I was too busy feeding my face with the very food that these low carb pancakes were supposed to replace. For me, pancakes is a winter food. Well, i HAVE to go to SHOPRITE after work this evening, as the FAYGO choc sodas are coming to an end. So are the bagels. so i will get the toufayan low carb pitas, also 7 gr per pita. I actually tossed the last 1/3 of the low carb unsliced loaf. It did not turn green, but after several months in the fridge, i was not going to touch it or even smell it. No bread should be consumed after so long a time. I have not been to that bakery for quite some time. Perhaps next Sunday. Happy apartment hunting, Tony. FF
Old 05-07-2012, 06:25 AM   #348

i forgot to mention...I DID watch the Kentucky Derby.

I did not have any $$$ on it however. As soon as the opera was over, I started channel surfing. It was picked up by several stations. I wanted Bodemeister to win, only because of the HEWMON interest story behind him. the owner had a heart attack about 6 weeks before the race. And named the horse after his son who was there. However, as he was out in front for more than the 1st half of the race, I knew that another would catch up and overtake him, which did in fact happen. I have never seen a race where the front runner actually won. Suffice it to say that 17 of the 20 will wind up on hamburger or frankfurter rolls in a number of old (or new) Kentucky homes before long. FF
Old 05-07-2012, 06:59 AM   #349
Major LCF Poster!

Oh FF, you are TOO MUCH
Old 05-07-2012, 11:02 AM   #350

not particularly hungry.

i have something i saved since Friday on the fridge. If it still looks the same, I shall eat it before i go home, either at the end of my lunch hour or during my afternoon break. I do not want my blood sugar to plummet, and result in my being over hungry when I get to SHOPRITE. that would be asking for trouble. FF
Old 05-07-2012, 09:14 PM   #351
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

where is everyone today?...

ff, good shoprite strategy...i get in BIG trouble when i shop hungry!

back in my hotel after a looong day...took sarah out to dinner and brought her back to her apt. as she has an early morning...she wants me to stay with her, but my schedule is so crazy when i am here that i will stay in a hotel until thursday (her next day off) and then spend my last night with her...

had a good day eating today:
b: small piece of baked fish
l: 1/2 apple
d: cole slaw, fried catfish, chicken and shrimp - about 4 oz of fish and chicken and 4 small shrimp...they were buried under a mountain of french fries and i only ate 1...that took some willpower as they were good!...

my weigh in this morning was 220.2 - so i will have to use that for tomorrow's official number - down 3 lbs. in week 1 of the challenge...we need a total of about 10 lbs. between us to be on track for 80 total lbs...good luck everyone!

Last edited by tony8; 05-07-2012 at 09:15 PM..
Old 05-08-2012, 02:45 AM   #352
Major LCF Poster!

One Pound Down!

Well it's our first weigh in day of Tony's challenge and I am officially down one pound! That means I am down more than one pound so I have lost it for sure as I have kept it down most of the week. I am so excited and raring to go on week two!

Good going on the 3 pounds down Tony! I am envious of the fried catfish dinner. Could go for some right now at 4:45 am!

Hope I can keep my eating in check until next Tuesday!

Have a great day all! Will check back in later to see if we got our 10 pound total for the week.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:11 AM   #353

ever go into a store and come out FORGETTING

to get what u specifically went in there for in the first place? I wanted a higher dosage of B12 and some dishwashing liquid. I left with the kitchen sink, but not those 2 commodities. I am too tired to go this evening, so Wednesday it will be...maybe. FF
Old 05-08-2012, 06:57 AM   #354
Senior LCF Member

I am down 5 lbs for the 1st week of Tony's Challenge! I moved my scale around 3 times on the floor to make sure it wasn't some kind of fluke. I am sure it's because the past week has been a nightmare at work. Actually yesterday was the worst. 14 hours of bone marrow transplants with no breakfast or lunch, followed by that dinner where they little I could eat, meanwhile getting two notifications of deadlines on Wednesday...face palm!
Old 05-08-2012, 07:01 AM   #355
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hahaha!...ff, i have done that too!...

abi, a HUGE CONGRATS on the drop!...you really turned it around, girl...hope you get some catfish in missouri...ever go to lambert's where they throw the rolls???...awesome place!

artemis!!!!!!!...wow, 5 lbs. will certainly lead us this week and between the first three of us reporting we have lost 9 of the 10 lbs. we need!!!...way to go, girl!

i'm gonna try to add our names and weight drop totals to my signature at the bottom so we can keep track without going back pages to figure it out...

feeling good this morning and not hungry yet...gotta get over to sarah's to do some work!...

have a great day everyone!

Last edited by tony8; 05-08-2012 at 07:03 AM..
Old 05-08-2012, 07:10 AM   #356
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

the signature thing didn't work...gonna have to figure something else out...abi?...oh, abi?...lol...
Old 05-08-2012, 07:59 AM   #357
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.6/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Down 1.8 pounds for the first week of the challenge!

Good job, Arte!

Tony, I'm glad you had a good time with your daughter and your plan to get an apartment seems like a good one.

I really need to get to the grocery store. The cupboard and refrigerator are bare and that's usually when I do something stupid!
Old 05-08-2012, 09:53 AM   #358
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kbeth
Stats: 5'4" 43yo 161/148/125
WOE: Paleo-esque
Start Date: April 2002/Restart April 2012
Drumroll please....I am down...NOTHING! I've been snacking on salty ham for a few days and I think (hope) that's the culprit. It's alright, tho. That just means I'll have a suweeet number next week. Plus, the rest of you more than made up for it. WTG!!!!

It's my DS's 6th birthday today. Wish me luck against that evil ice cream cake.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:21 AM   #359
Major LCF Poster!

I have never had a signature but went into edit and put our losses in. Lets's see what happens when I post this. By the way, good going gang! Beth, I know it is the ham. It does it to me every time. Next week will be a woosh!

Ha Ha it did nothing.

I will put it on my post and copy and paste when I am able to post over the weekend. If someone else wants to copy and paste mine on to theirs that will work too.

Artemis 5
Tony 3
Marilee 1.8
Abi 1

total week one - 10.8

Last edited by Abigale; 05-08-2012 at 11:26 AM..
Old 05-08-2012, 11:33 AM   #360

wtg Artemis 5 bs is 5 lbs no matter how u earned it!!!

I am so encouraged by everyone's progress. I am ready to drop, and i sit all day. FF
Closed Thread