Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #271
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
I was wondering what a coozie was, too!

Oh, on my list of stuff I've had to deal with I forgot one - garage door - it started opening my itself with no provocation.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2012, 03:25 AM   #272
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Running a little late today so will try to return later. I have weighed myself and written it in my little black notebook. I am a little worried that the cream I have in my coffee may hamper me some. Sure don't want to have to give it up. I will watch it closely. If I have to I could alternate black coffee with light coffee?

A coozie is the rubber container that a can of soda or beer goes in to keep it cold. Bama, our Lab loves to destroy them so they have to be put up high when not in use!

Marilee, sometimes if you just get something a little hung up in your vacuum it will make the rubber belt melt a little and smell. I always unplug it and then move the brush to make sure it will move ok and if the belt hasn't completely broken you can keep using the vacuum. Like Tony says, it is easy to replace the belt by unscrewing the bottom plate. You will have to write down the brand etc. to get the right size belt. They sell them wherever you get your bags from. Good luck!

ok Blitzers, let's get this show on the road!!!
Old 05-01-2012, 05:07 AM   #273
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
thanks for setting the record straight, Abi

before i went to bed, the last thought on my mind was ON'T FORGET YOUR BAGEL. I woke up with the same thought. As I was preparing for work, I was thinking: DON'T FORGET YOUR BAGEL. Then i walked out and locked the door & said.... OH S%#T, I forgot the bagel. I quickly unlocked the door, and put it in a small sandwich bag, and left. Whew, what a relief!!! The tuna salad will be so glad!!! FF
Old 05-01-2012, 05:53 AM   #274
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kbeth
Stats: 5'4" 43yo 161/148/125
WOE: Paleo-esque
Start Date: April 2002/Restart April 2012
Alright, gearing up and good to go!!
I've been weaning off of carbs for the last several weeks and now have 4 days of strict Low Carb under my belt. I have enjoyed that initial woosh of 6 lbs. of water weight coming off...and I'm ready for the hard work to begin!
My original starting weight was 161. I am now 155. So day 1 of Tony's Challenge within a Challenge starting weight: 155. Woot! Let's do this!

B: Burger and avocado
L: chicken breast on salad
S: ?
D:Not sure, but feel as tho hamburger is really helping things move along
Exercise: Walk the dog

Have a great day, y'all!
<---Avatar Summer 2009. Soooo close to goal and then had a mad, passionate weekend with sugar. Let me be a lesson to you. Not sure you're strong enough to cheat and then get right back on plan?? Then don't do it!!
Old 05-01-2012, 06:45 AM   #275
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
I weighed in this morning too. I did not have a good night, in pain and didn't sleep. Oh well, nothing that coffee won't fix. Ready for Tony's challenge. And, I'll put on a smile just for you Tony
Old 05-01-2012, 08:33 AM   #276
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I forgot to weigh in this morning! So, I guess my official start will be tomorrow.

Not a problem...I can do it!

Thanks for the info about the belt. The bar does rotate and the belt is old and kind of loose. I am going to take it in since it hasn't been serviced in over 5 years They'll put in new air filters, give me a package of new bags, change the belt and just overall get it in A1 shape!

I don't know about coozies, but if you put a "ja" in front of it, I'm there!

Marilee
Old 05-01-2012, 08:39 AM   #277
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/218.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
Okay, i am soooo excited to get going!...one of the benefits of the timing of this challenge is that we will hopefully all be 10 lbs. lighter by july 1 and real bathing suit weather!...lol...

kbeth, i am so proud of you for losing 6 lbs!...you really are ready for a great challenge...this is gonna be fun!

artemis, thanks for the smile, sweetie...keep 'em coming!...sorry you were in pain - wish there was something i could do to help that...

marilee, i know you are doing something to provoke that poor garage door, now stop it!

okay, i weighed in this morning at 223.2 - a weight, by the way, confirmed at the doctor's office scale (i'll tell that story in a minute)...so, i only lost 2.4 lbs. during month 1 of blitz IX...sheesh - all these numbers are getting confusing!...so, my goal for the challenge is 213.2 and i can't wait to get there...

i've lost track of who is in:
abi
kbeth
artemis
marilee
vicki
ff (unofficially, against his will, and starting at 337) :-)
me

so, our goal is 60 lbs in total losses - 70 with ff - and more if others join in...i KNOW we are gonna do this...so, each tuesday, we will each post our loss for the week and cumulative total loss for the challenge and we will add them up to see where we stand...if you weigh on sunday, rather than tuesday, no worries - just report your last recorded weigh-in value...

we should average a lb. a day loss between all of us or 6-7 lbs. per week - that is definitely ambitious but do-able, dontcha think?...

okay, went to the doc today and was shocked to learn that aside from my cholesterol which was again high, and she wants to put me on crestor which i refused until at least another blood test in october, the rest of my blood tests were normal!...no lectures, no anxiety...it was great...and i have gained some weight since my last tests, so once i get down these next 10-20 lbs by october, i should be in even better shape!...

i have to thank you guys for keeping me relatively well-behaved and that is really making a difference in my health profile!...

LET'S DO THIS!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 05-01-2012, 09:56 AM   #278
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

okay, we have 8 1/2 weeks to lose 10 lbs - that is less than 1.25 lbs. per week and i think a healthy pace...official end weigh-in will be on sunday, july 1, the same day blitz X will begin...if you are on vacation, we can use either your weigh-in before or after vacation as the final number...i know we are gonna do it!

today, so far:
b: 2 oz. of baked chicken - just something to eat with my meds before doc visit
l: lean shaved roast beef - no bun or condiments (about 3 oz.)
d: ?
Old 05-01-2012, 10:36 AM   #279
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Today's wt: 228.2 I have some non low carb items, albeit healthy, that I will be eating the next several days as I ease into some kind of eating plan. As usual, my day started off well with greek yogurt, strawberries, flax meal and granola for crunch along with my coffee and half n half. However, lunch was a burger w bun and fries. Egad. At least I am posting even if I am not perfect. Supper is going to be veggie, bean, ham and brown rice soup.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:35 AM   #280

that is what is missing...kbeth, a dog.

i do not have one. i would (for a reasonable handling fee)walk someone else's dog(or Klingon) PROVIDING that WALKING is the only activity the dog has in mind. That aside, i wonder if STAIR CLIMBING, which we all know by now, is extremely odious to me, would burn fat. i do not need muscular legs. They may not be pretty, but they ARE muscular. No, I want it to be able to burn fat, if i am to be miserable doing it (which I will be). I would love to hear some wisdom on that subject. FF
Old 05-01-2012, 12:19 PM   #281
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, as someone said here, move a muscle, burn a calorie...any movement helps and the more strenuous or aerobic the movement, the more it helps...the trick is to ease into it, don't rush or overdo it...build up your regimen a little at a time...as heavy as i am, i have trained my body to be able to do 250 crunches and weight training every other day...but i started at 25 crunches and kept it at that until it became easy and then upped the reps...

vicki, congrats on breakfast, and know that we've all been where you were at lunch today... if you feel you absolutely have to have a bun or a few fries, have them and enjoy them - the trick is to make a deal with yourself that if you indulge in one certain way, you will make up for it in another...

sometimes i say to myself, "if i eat this bun now, i won't eat another slice of bread this week", etc...when i do that, i find i sometimes choose to put off the bun and save the indulgence for a time i need it even more...of course, no one can tell any of us where to draw the line and we each struggle with that...try to make the next meal a healthy, moderate one and you'll be on the right track again!...good luck, girl!

Last edited by tony8; 05-01-2012 at 12:21 PM..
Old 05-01-2012, 03:03 PM   #282
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So far so good. So far today I have had 3 cups of coffee with cream, one hard boiled egg, about 10 pork rinds, two hamburgers and a bottle of water. Everyone sounds so good today and ready to do this.

Artemis, hoping you start feeling better. You are pretty brave to start the day with a smile.

Our grandson Hayden turned 12 today. Can't wait to see him and our 3 grandaughters next Thursday!

Have a very good evening everyone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hayden and Boo.jpg (56.5 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Abigale; 05-01-2012 at 03:05 PM..
Old 05-01-2012, 03:10 PM   #283

sun is out, beautiful day for an afternoon walk

i am too too too exhausted to move one muscle one second. However, I am not hungry. So, after this evening's steak, if i can get this old keester going, perhaps i shall do the stairs. FF
Old 05-01-2012, 03:21 PM   #284

Tony, best of luck on Dr. visit.

If I can get some serious weight off by my 6/9/12 visit, I shall be most pleased. Yes it IS all about me, but I represent Low Carb w.o.e. in general, and ATKINS in particular,in that office. I feel I have something to prove. If my chol improves, all well and good. It shows that a ketogenic diet, vitamins, and whatever exercise I can do was beneficial w/o statins. If my triglycerides drop (to no higher than 100), then, even if my chols do not improve...it is no big deal. If it was really dangerous, it had over 30 years to do me in. FF
Old 05-01-2012, 05:32 PM   #285
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abi sounds like a great day of eating - way to take one for the team!...

i had shaved roast beef wrapped in pepper jack cheese for dinner - very good!...it's 7:25 and i'm done eating for the night!...gotta pull my weight!

ff, do not overdo the stairs - moderation my friend!...my triglycerides were 87 and my ldl was 177 and my hdl was 45, so they are concerned about the ldl...in october they are gonna do the VAP test which will tell them if i have the large or small particle type of cholesterol...all my other numbers were in the normal range and i am very happy about that and frankly, a bit shocked...

stay strong tonight, team!!!
Old 05-01-2012, 05:51 PM   #286
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i did the following calculation: in order for us to reach our goal, we each have to lose an average of .17 lbs. a day, which equates to eating 595 fewer calories than our maintenance weight each day...we can do that!...
Old 05-02-2012, 02:47 AM   #287
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Here we go with day two gang!

Tony, your math skills are impressive! I am happy that they are going to test your LDL to see if they are small or large and fluffy. For so long they ignored this big difference. Shaved roast beef wrapped in pepper jack cheese sounds filling and satisfying!

FF, when I think of climbing stairs as exercise ( for me) I think "oh my poor knees and hips". Hopefully I have a lot of years left with them working and would be afraid that kind of exercise would wear them out - ouch. But you know what is best for you. You are so true to Atkins he would be so proud of you!

How are all the ladies doing today?

May have a repeat of food choices that I had yesterday. Time will tell.

Have a great Wednesday all!
Old 05-02-2012, 06:43 AM   #288
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

with my hip, stairs have become something i have to think about...i really can't step up with my "bad" leg, unless i really hang on to the rail and endure a pretty good amount of pain...but i'm still not anxious to have it done and my kids give me hell for it, daily... :-0

IT'S DAY 2, TEAM!!!!!!!!!...i am soooo excited...i'm starting a long stretch of off-routine days which i will try to use to my advantage:
wed: going to an eli young band concert tonight at unh
thu: going to a teacher's appreciation dinner with dw as she is getting an award
fri: starting a weekend in CT for father-in-law's 80th birthday
sat: taking FIL and 17 others to a mets game in nyc
sun: brunch with FIL and family
mon: fly to nashville for the week
next fri: return home from nashville

for the team's sake, i will be very well behaved and will try to get ahead of the necessary pace of weight loss by the end of next week...

i'm making a crock pot full of beef stew today so everyone can dig in before the concert tonight...lots of prime steak tips cut up with a few potatoes, carrots, onions and who knows what else i may throw in...of course, i will avoid 99% of the potatoes...

let's have a great day for the team, kids!!!
Old 05-02-2012, 06:55 AM   #289
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Had another horrible night last night...oh well. Today is a new day and I was down this morning (y'all know that I am a daily weigher). I will not report my results until next Tuesday and hopefully can keep up the momentum.

Tony, I don't think I ever answered your question about the car...yes, I did get a new one. A sparkly blue Mazda 3! It's a gem
Old 05-02-2012, 08:52 AM   #290
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, it's my official day when since I forgot to weigh in yesterday. I changed my stats (sigh). But, we can do this!!!!! July 1st here we come!
Old 05-02-2012, 10:19 AM   #291
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BlondieBlue
Stats: 208.4/200.8/199
WOE: Atkins/Low Carb
Start Date: 1/3/2012- restarting 1/29/2013
Hi Kids! I'm back... actually I never left, just went into ninja mode, stealthy and invisible. you can't see ninjas.

Lifes been so crazy busy, end of month craze strikes once more, and then of course my moms bday, and the new lil baby nephew who has unthawed my cold black heart. But I think about you guys!

Had a cheat on moms bday. She cheated too. we went to a tepenyaki (?) grill. got sushi and steak and lobster and potstickers and calamari omg it was all so indulgent. I didn't have but a few (large) bites of rice, but i swear it sat in my belly like a rock all night! I haven't weighed since then because i still feel like i'm dragging from the cheat.

Hating this heat. low 90's is enough for me to melt. I've kept the misters on every second of the day that i'm at home. even at night.

The countdown is on:

3 days until my HS Reunion
8 days until V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N!!!! New Orleans, we're coming!
17 days until my best friends wedding

After that, i'll be counting down to Halloween. lmao

Then, i'll join the 10 lb challenge
Old 05-02-2012, 10:23 AM   #292
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kbeth
Stats: 5'4" 43yo 161/148/125
WOE: Paleo-esque
Start Date: April 2002/Restart April 2012
Yeee-haw!! We are cookin' now!

FF...Yes! You need to find a dog friend that would enjoy going on a stroll with you. One of the reasons I got my dog (Australian Cattle Dog) this Winter was to have a walking partner that I *have* to walk. Plus, there's the small matter of the last pitiful clanging of my biological clock. It was either get a dog or attempt another pregnancy at 43. lol.

tony....what a fantastic week you have ahead of you! Have fun and enjoy the adventure of finding healthy foods while travelling!!

Abigale...your grandson sure is a cutey!! I love the portrait with the dog.

Gibby....ja-coozie!! ROTFL!!

vicki...I prefer to ease into LC, too. You avoid the "induction flu" that way.

Artemis...I'm so sorry that you are in such discomfort! I read that you got a new car. Were you in an accident?

B: bacon and avocado
L: devilled eggs and veggies
S: few bites of hamburger
D: going to attempt Paleo fish sticks coated in almond and coconut flour. I'm making a sweet/spicy dip for them that has pineapple, mango and green chilis. Wish me luck!!
I'm trying to use more fun recipes this time around. I want my husband and son to enjoy this as much as I do.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:12 AM   #293

very frustrating morning at work...technologically

it seems to be mostly straightened out. it took everything out of me. No cafeteria today. I shall make do with what i have: 1 cup of tuna/egg salad on toasted KarbKruncher bagel. Still clueless about dinner. When i get hungry enough, the answer will be obvious and on-plan. No more stressing about exercise (which is supposed to relieve stress). It will happen as a few lbs are shed and the vitamins kick in. i am still very much depleted. FF
Old 05-02-2012, 11:51 AM   #294
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

everyone sounds great!...so happy to see us all doing so well and committed to the TEAM!...

artemis, sorry you are having such bad nights...i hope that ends soon...the mazda 3s are awesome cars - and cool - nice choice, girl!...so, tell me, are you getting out to listen to any music?...

kbeth!...that dinner sounds soooo yummy - if it turns out as good as it sounds, please share the recipe...way back, you definitely inspired me to adapt my plan to be paleo as well as pretty low carb, and i've stuck to that strategy...i just feel better without the frankenfoods...

ff, sorry about the techno-glitches - but you are really doing well in cutting back on the quantities of food - kudos bro!...

marilee, it's a new day, girl...doesn't matter where we have been except that we have learned from it...it's where we are headed, kid...and we are all headed down... :-)

so britt, are you gonna wait til halloween for a 10-lb. challenge or are you joining us now?...it's up to you, but we'd love to have ya...i bet you're gonna look great at the upcoming events...the cheat sounded like it was worth it!

so far today:
b: hb egg white
l: a few pieces of browned stew meat before i threw it in the crockpot
s: ?
d: stew

feeling strong!

i am so happy with the way i feel, cuz in the past, if i had a good doc's visit, i would see it as an opportunity to fall off the wagon for a bit, but i don't feel like doing that at all this time...it has actually encouraged me to work harder and perhaps get off more meds or reduce dosages...i think the way i feel also has a lot to do with you guys so THANKS!

Last edited by tony8; 05-02-2012 at 11:55 AM..
Old 05-02-2012, 01:31 PM   #295

only about an hour to go. i have calmed down, since this a.m.

i try to eat only as long as i am hungry. After 9 pm, I usually am still hungry, but I ask myself: is it worth breaking curfew over. About 98% of the time, the answer is NO. but if the 2% is that bad, it is a forgiveable sin IF it is zero carb, not low carb, but absolute zero. My house, my rules. FF
Old 05-02-2012, 03:00 PM   #296
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, you are soooo funny!...that is what i love about this group - no one tries to tell anyone else what to do...we are all just trying to do the best we can in the best way we can...

the stew is DELICIOUS...the broth so tasty spooned over the meat...no desire for the potatoes nut had a few slivers of onions and mushrooms - so so good!
Old 05-02-2012, 03:22 PM   #297
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Blondie, sounds like a bunch is going on for you.

Tony, you are so upbeat, love ya man.

Today I was 226.6, down yea. Not gonna get too excited until it is steady though.

Eating is going ok. Still cleaning out stuff.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:39 PM   #298
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey vicki!!!!!...WOW!!!...nice contribution to the team!...if you keep losing like that, i might eat a donut!...lol...just teasing...keep it up, girl!
Old 05-02-2012, 07:30 PM   #299

Tony, the beef stew brings back great memories.

My (earth)mom made a really great beef stew when we were school kids. I hope to learn the ins and outs of beef stew AFTER I retire. I was going through the food porn thread last week. Aptly named. There is virtually nothing that cannot be duplicated in a low carb way. Even now, in my 3 ingredients or less mode, I am not bored or deprived. I am just easily tempted. FF
Old 05-02-2012, 07:58 PM   #300
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just finished a yummy dinner! Rib-eye steak fried - crispy fat; medium rare on the inside. Lettuce, tomatoes, orange peppers, onions and cucumber salad with ranch dressing. I'm in heaven!!!!
Closed Thread