Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2012, 06:57 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sweetpoison
Stats: 225/224/160
WOE: 80/20 PRIMAL
Start Date: 08/22/2014
GET MAD & GET IT DONE FOR SUMMER!!!

o.k. Here it is.... sorry it is later than I planned. This weekend has been super busy.... when it rains it pours Went to Pennsyvania this weekend with my friend and her daughter to pick out the wedding dress for this Sept. and then a "stray" dog decided to move in on my deck at 1:30 in the a.m..... my dog was not happy. So now I have two dogs until I can maybe find his owner or figure out just what I am going to do.

Weighed in at 228 this a.m.

So, here we go.... buckle down for summer. I have pork chops defrosting for dinner. I took today off work to get it together with the dog and maybe do some painting. Just not enough time in a day this week.

Here is to a good day for us all. Hope to be around alittle more.

Vicki

Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2012, 07:03 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 253.6/253.6/180 -- 5'11"
WOE: low carbin' it :)
Start Date: February 19, 2013
Yay! I'm excited :-) I'm setting a very, very ambitious goal but I'm a big girl!

SW: 245
GW: 205
( -40 LBS. )

I've got a wedding June 23 that I'm standing in. I had to order a size 20 dress & I'm determined to have it taken in & look great :-)

Sweetpoison, love your pic! We have an 11 mo black lab. Good luck with the dog situation today!!!
HealthyWifeForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:20 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: carla70
Stats: 225/225/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 05/05/2014
Count me in! Great thing for me to see today. I have been back to low carb now for a couple of weeks. I was doing well, then this week gained 4. I know I wasn't perfect in exercise but wow that was not good. I am not giving up just working harder. I have also started the Couch 25k, and I am not doing it as written, I do a week and then if I feel I haven't "mastered" that week I do the week over. I am still on week 2. Last week I didn't do but 1 day as I had the flu. Back on track with it this week.

Today I am 214 and would like to be 175 by July 1st. I think we are having a family reunion the 4th of July weekend, and in July I also have annual music fest with friends. I want to look and feel good for both. Is 10 pounds a month too much to ask for

Thanks for starting this challenge.

TTFN
Old 02-27-2012, 07:38 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyLiz
Stats: pregnant
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: April 3, 2011
I have 2 major goals for summer:

Wear my wedding dress comfortably by May 25
Get down to 174 (to not be considered obese) by June 30

SW: 204, size 16
GW: 174 (-30), size 12
AmyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:49 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Here!

Hi, all -
215 this morning.

Plan is ambitious, like all of us! I want to be at 180 by June 20th. I have zero confidence that my body will cooperate - tends to respond nicely for a WEEK and then cling desperately to every last fat cell thereafter - but I'm going to do all the dance steps anyway.

My WOE (for the challenge) is: Fast five with LC. (No food until 5. Coffee with cream only and lots of water. Then LC dinner.)

No LC ice cream. This is the hardest part.

I am so SICK of being STUCK at 215.

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:56 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Good morning everyone!

I'm also being very ambitious for this challenge, so we'll see how it goes. I'm doing VLC and hope to reach 220 by the end of the challenge. I've updated my stats below. They're still pretty tough for me to look at, but there they are. I was as low as 158 and had maintained around 160 for a year or so before a car accident four years ago. No excuses, though. I watched the weight climb and did nothing about it... time to change that!

Good luck everyone!!!
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:18 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Go us! :-) We can totally do this!

To keep myself accountable, I'm going to post a weekly goal/plan .. it may stay the same every week or change, but just something to keep me on track.
I have a terrible cold/sinuses this week so I'm going to keep my cardio time lower as I can hardly breath lol!

This weeks goal/plan:
* gym Monday - Friday, 60 minutes (30 min. Cardio/30 min. strength & stretching)
* stay on Induction level carbs & track, track, track!!
Old 02-27-2012, 08:33 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mcelromi1
Stats: 230/227.5/145- 5'3
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: Restart: 01/14/13
I'd like to join. I need the motivation.
Have a cruise coming up in June, so this is perfect for me.

Starting weight: 220 lbs.
Size: 16

Goal: Whatever weight gets me in a size 10 or 12 (through diet and exercise).

Focusing more on size than weight this time. I think I've been focusing way too much on the number on the scale. Even to the point of putting off exercise/toning just to see the number go down. If I can get into a smaller size at a higher weight I could care less what the scale says. After all, people can't see the number on the scale.
mcelromi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:50 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: catr31
Stats: 205/169/145
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Restarted 1/3/14
I'm here! Happy Monday all.

Starting weight: 163
Goal: 145

I have about 18-20 lbs to lose and hoping to get it done by summer. I have a ton of shorts and capris that I cannot fit into and do not want to have to buy a bigger size.
catr31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:00 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Books and Cats
Stats: 257/187.2/150?
WOE: Paleo
Start Date: 08/19/11 (low carb), 6/14-8/18 (low-cal)
I'll join you all too. I've been stuck in a size 16 for awhile and would like to get lower.

So my goal is to be a 14 (or maybe a 12) by the beginning of summer.

I'll try to accomplish this by:
1. Staying 100% low carb, carbs 35gm or less per day
2. Keeping calories low - under 2000 per day, ideally 1500-1800
3. Exercising at least every other day. This one is new for me, but I think getting "toned up" may help me reach lower sizes.
Books and Cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:37 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tresa
Stats: 212/201/150
WOE: Metabolism Miracle
Hi everyone! I would like to join also.
My goal is to lose 30 pounds. (I would actually be happy with 5!)

Good luck everyone!

Tresa
tresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:41 AM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/226.2/169
Start Date: 06/22/09
Ok, I need this for sure, I'm in. I'm in need of some serious support. I'm good all week, then the weekend comes and I drink alcohol and screw it all up. I need to stay off the alcohol and I can do this. I started a no alcohol challenge but everyone dissapeared very quickly and I've been drinking every weekend. Weekdays I'm good, weekend come and I just can't stay away. So support there would be greatly appreciated.

I also hurt my knee about 2 weeks ago and have not been able to workout or go to any classes (I do body step and body combat nearly every day, so while I'm not losing lbs because of the up and down drinking yoyo, I know I've lost inches.). Today my knee is feeling much better, and I will be returning to body step tonight, with a brace.

I want this. I'm getting to my 3 year LC mark and I should be at goal by now. I'm not even close. I just want to be under 200.

I got down to 220 in September and then over the holidays got back up to about 247. Ive been bouncing between 234-240 for the last few weeks because all week do good, lose it, weekend comes, gain it back. I want this so bad, I just really need some support.

I didn't weigh today, but I'll guestimate and say I'm at about 238. So by June I would love to see 199. Hell honestly I'de love to see 214. I've never been under 215 as an adult.

So I'm in. I'll probably post a lot to keep myself out of trouble, the drinking is what I need to get a handle on and everything else falls into place for me.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:24 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
I would like to loose at least 10 pounds by my birthday in June!
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:15 PM   #14
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ashley Gal
Stats: 188/183.8/158
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: February 2012
Hello everyone!

I'm also excited to start this challenge. Going on a motorcycle trip in July and would like to lose 30 pounds by then. Started out this morning at 185.8 pounds. I was 153 2 years ago and would love to get back there

Wishing everyone success with your goals.
Ashley Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:58 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cinglessofme
Stats: 265/250/150
WOE: High-Fat, Low-Carb
I'd like to join too. I have been gaining and losing the same 20 pounds since January 1st.

I go on vacation for 10 days starting July 1st and would have to be at least 200, I'm 255 today, by then for me to feel comfortable in my skin and enjoy my vacation. I know 55 pounds is ambitious; but I have to do my best to come close.

Aside from the vanity of it all, my lower back has started hurting me something awful with every pound I gain. I have been popping Aleve and wearing Ice Hot patches when the pain is too much to bear. I can't believe I have let myself get this out of hand, I have failed my body and it is worse for the wear.

I think I will set weekly goals.

My goal for this week is to keep my carbs under 20 total carbs. While I won't start a formal exercise program this week; I manage a piece of property that spans 5 acres, so I will walk it at least three times this week. My weight is taking a toll on my ability to do my job. I am supposed to walk the property daily to observe the tenants, parking lots and changes in the landscape and buildings instead I've made this my secretary's daily task. How pathetic .
cinglessofme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:02 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lanie63
Stats: Current 230/230/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restarting 1/22/13 @230, Original Start 2004 @ 253
Hello all... I'm here, weighing in this morning at 226.2. I so much want this time to be different than all my other attempts and I'm hoping this challenge will keep me focused. My first goal is to get past 204 pounds. Seems that particular number hangs me up everytime then evenutally I regain most of what I lost, so if I can kick that in the butt I'll be happy. I actually would like to get to 180 by July 28th when I go on vacation, followed by a wedding on Aug 18th.
Lanie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:50 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
I'm in too, albiet it a tad late. I weighed 233 the other day so that's the start weight I'm going to use. I would so like to see 199 by the end of the challenge but the only way that's going to happen is to be discipline in both food contest and exercise.
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:13 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoTimeLikeNow
Stats: 252.4/232.4/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart: Feb 21, 2012
Starting weight: 242.6
Goal: 199
I know it is super ambitious ...
NoTimeLikeNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:21 PM   #19
Big Yapper!!!!

Seems like a few of us are starting close in weight with similar goals.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:31 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
Morning everyone, I too want to be a part of this challenge!
I had a crazy day yesterday so didn't get a chance to look for this thread and join, but I did log what I ate (love smartphone apps) and made it to my Zumba class...so Monday was a success for me! Its is one small goal at a time for me right now.
So I poured my coffee this morning and here I am! I am looking forward to having the extra support for my journey this time around, and I am super determined to stick with it this time.
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:49 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Hi :-) Here we are at Tuesday!
Got my second workout in the week at 6 a.m. My cold is just miserable, so I did workout but not intensely. Oh well! Me even working out more than once a week is a huge accomplisgment for me.

Ms.Woods- although drinking isn't my downfall (that said.. when I do drink, I always overdo it) weekends are terrible for me in the sense of bingeing. The lc lifestyle ua helping, but I'm a long way from being in control all the time. This is a great place for support for us both :-)

*January Goal:*
0/750 minutes of exercise!
Old 02-28-2012, 06:55 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: doxielove
Stats: 177.8/145.4/120
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: Restart: 07.08.13
Good Morning! I didn't get a chance to post yesterday, either, but I'm really glad we have this challenge going...I need some motivation. Weighed in yesterday at 148.8, was 147.6 this morning. My realistic goal is 125 by June 20, fantasy goal is 115 (I'm short and very small-framed). I get bored with my food and I think that becomes part of the problem...plus I work full time and my son has after school activities every day except Wednesday, so I am going to have to learn to manage my time better and cook more, eat out less. Good luck to all of us!
doxielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:37 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shoelattegurl
Stats: 255/209/175
WOE: 17 Day Diet
Start Date: 10/30/2011
I would like to join! Ive fallen off the wagon a bit this last month or so, and I need to get back on track strong. So I need all the help and motivation from you guys that I can get. I hope we can all help each other here meet our goals!

SW: 214.5 - Right now Im wearing between a 18 and 16 in misses pants.
GW: 185 - Id love to be wearing 12 misses pants.

This weeks goal/plan:
* gym Tues & Thurs 1 hour jog on the treadmill over my lunch hour*
* gym Wed & Friday evening: 1 hour of zumba, and light weight lifting*
* gym Saturday morning: 1 hour jogging on the treadmill*
* stay 100% on plan with my WOE*
* stay prepared, and no excuses!!*
Old 02-28-2012, 08:04 AM   #24
Big Yapper!!!!

Yep yep, here with my coffee in my hand as well. I tend to post my menu's so I hope that's ok.

Shoelatte-I love your gym schedule. Mine looked like that until I hurt my knee. I did get to do Body Step last night and got to actually push it. It felt so good. My knee was sore but I iced it and it feels fine today. I do think I should not go to body combat, idk yet, because the instructor comes and messes with you if he thinks your slacking, but in reality there are just some things I can't do right now.

My plan was to get up at 5:30 and hit the gym pool for laps, I'm not a morning person, and didn't go to bed until about 3am, so needless to say that didn't happen. Today I will do something. I want to start working out more than once. I want this weight off. It's time.

I'm also not weighing as long as I can take it. Especially after my indiscretions last weekend.

Ok so the menu plan for today:
B-coffee/S&L/vanilla glucc miracle rice pudding
L-Spanish shrimp & rice (miracle rice)
S-more glucc pudding or a huge pickle
D-a small salad w/walden farms dressing, spanish chicken & miracle rice.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:19 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Good morning everyone! Here with my coffee and on track

I'm really only focusing on food for now. I can't do much physically because of my back and I've used that as an excuse to let the pounds skyrocket, so I'm just taking that out of the equation for the time being. I've been trying to sneak in a little extra movement here and there, but I'm not ready to commit to anything as the pain fluctuates day to day. I'm pretty sure it'll all get easier as the weight drops.

I see several of you aiming for a size 10/12 pant. I have to say I felt soooo good at that size! It really was just about perfect for me. No muffin top, could buy clothes off the rack pretty much anywhere, and could just grab jeans & a t-shirt or whatever out of the closet and look great. While I wasn't tiny at that size, I wasn't big either, and was comfortable and confident in my appearance. So let's do this! I want that for all of us!!!
Old 02-28-2012, 08:25 AM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sweetpoison
Stats: 225/224/160
WOE: 80/20 PRIMAL
Start Date: 08/22/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoods View Post
Seems like a few of us are starting close in weight with similar goals.
I noticed that.... good not to be alone
sweetpoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:35 AM   #27
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Portia
Start Date: May 1, 2014
Subbing. Will add goals soon.
Portia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:11 PM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: catr31
Stats: 205/169/145
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Restarted 1/3/14
Checking in for the day. Woke up at 161 which is down 2 lbs from yesterday. I'm on track so far today, getting ready to eat some baked chicken for lunch. My butt is dragging today because I stayed up way too late last night but I will get some exercise in after my bowling league this evening.

So I picked up some 5HTP last night and took my first one this morning. I need something to help get me out of this crappy mood I've been in(winter). I also picked up some vitamin D3. Anyone ever try the 5HTP?
Old 02-28-2012, 12:35 PM   #29
Big Yapper!!!!

Cathy-I know there are a lot of people here that have tried it and liked it.

For me, I was going through a really difficult time over the holidays and went looking for supplements. It was between 5HTP and Sam-E. I ended up choosing the Sam-E because some of the potential negative side effects of 5HTP scared me.

I have felt a lot better with the Sam-E.

Here is the thread I started asking about everything:
Supplements or Vitamins for anxiety and mood swings?

Here are two links for what I read on 5-HTP:
5-HTP: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions and Warnings - WebMD
5HTP supplement benefit, side efects, dosage 50 mg, 100 mg - for depression, anxiety, weight loss, sleep

Also I noticed that any time I eat carbs, specifically wheat/flour, I get anxiety really bad.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:02 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Hi everybody!

Checking in. So far so good!

I'm avoiding alcohol for this challenge, too. So I'm down with the no drinking.

5htp I've tried, it seems to work pretty well. I've also tried niacinamide, which works well, and kava kava because I'm prone to anxiety. Walking on the beach seems to help, too, when it's not freezing cold or raining sideways, neither of which do anything positive for my mood.

Intermittent fasting is going well, though my joints are always cold! I'm not weighing until Monday, so I don't really know how it's working. Guess we'll find out together on Monday.

Good job to us so far, everyone! Thanks for being here, it really helps me.

Lynne
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote