Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2012, 05:46 AM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 253.6/253.6/180 -- 5'11"
WOE: low carbin' it :)
Start Date: February 19, 2013
Checking in. :-)

Happy Friday!! TGIF!
HealthyWifeForLife is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2012, 05:56 AM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
Good Morning!!!
I must say I look forward to getting up and checking in with everyone!
I am happy to say I am down one more lb leaving me at 241.6!
I am feeling the treadmill from yesterday a little bit today, I was going to do it again today, but I think I may do some strength training stuff instead... and I may bust out a workout dvd... I just found 2 yesterday that I forgot I had! one is a dance party something and the other is a belly dancing one we will see how those work out!

brewstate - I have been taking about a dozen thinly sliced cucumber and putting in in a pitcher of water in the fridge. I find it is best after sitting for 8+hours (flavor is stronger) and it is a refreshing change of pace in the afternoon for me to switch it up!
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:19 AM   #123
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: daisyHair
Stats: 257/228/140
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 5' 4" 50 Years Old
I just can't do IF right now.. maybe never.

This is the third time I have tried it and I ended up having problems last night.. I couldn't stop eating. I didn't even do IF all day.. just till around 4pm.

This happened the last two times as well.

I don't know if it is just psychological. I used to have a problem with the viscous circle of fasting and bingeing in the past and I wonder if it just feels like that to me and somehow I feel deprived of food and just lose control at night or if I am truly hungry.

I just know I have to stop trying it for now.

I ate way too much last night but it was still LC but WAY too many almonds and I still came in under40 carbs for the day (my upper limit I set for myself).. I didn't appear to be in ketosis this AM.

I am bummed. I don't know why I have to keep tweaking my plan. I just get bored with such slow loss I guess. Now I am sure I set myself back.

Oh well... I am moving on this AM.

How is everyone?

Note to self: STAY STRONG THRU THE WEEKEND!
Old 03-02-2012, 06:28 AM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Thanks boop, I'll have to try that. Didn't even cross my mind. I guess I could also do a little lemon juice but its something I guess I'm just going to have to force myself to do.

Daisyhair, I know a lot of people do fasting and it works for them, but the reason low carb helps me so much is I don't have to worry whether I can eat or not. I have to avoid certain things but beyond that if I want to eat 5 steaks I can (I don't of course, but the option is there). Its really a mental thing that no other diet gives me so I never try NOT eating. I have been on really restrictive diets before (Horrible flashback to the Watermelon diet when I was a teenager ) and it led me here so even if my weight loss is slow I try not deprive myself. We WILL get there eventually

Last edited by brewstate; 03-02-2012 at 06:30 AM..
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:29 AM   #125
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/225.7/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
Quick drive by, gotta work out of the office this morning and gtg, but I will check in later. Down .6 more, so yay!

I also look forward to checking in with everyone. This thread is so motivating I feel like Im not doing this alone right now. Luv you guys

So I got up bright and early, 5:30, and hit the gym and swam laps for 20 minutes. It was nice. I'm probably going to catch a body combat class at 5:30 this evening because I took a new one yesterday by new girls and I did not like it at all. I was so disgusted. I wanted to walk out I hated it so much, but I've never quit a class yet, so I sucked it up. I will not go to theirs again, though.

So my menu for today (tentative of course)
B-coffee/splenda from mcd's, coffee, sweet & low from gym, 2 egg whites w/pickled jalapeno slices
L-tofu/turkey chili over miracle rice
S-Ice coffee w/hwc/sf vanilla
D-Garlic butter tilapia, LC coleslaw
S-cheesy MR if needed
Old 03-02-2012, 06:45 AM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyLiz
Stats: pregnant
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: April 3, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyHair View Post
I just can't do IF right now.. maybe never.

This is the third time I have tried it and I ended up having problems last night.. I couldn't stop eating. I didn't even do IF all day.. just till around 4pm.

This happened the last two times as well.

I don't know if it is just psychological. I used to have a problem with the viscous circle of fasting and bingeing in the past and I wonder if it just feels like that to me and somehow I feel deprived of food and just lose control at night or if I am truly hungry.

I just know I have to stop trying it for now.

I ate way too much last night but it was still LC but WAY too many almonds and I still came in under40 carbs for the day (my upper limit I set for myself).. I didn't appear to be in ketosis this AM.

I am bummed. I don't know why I have to keep tweaking my plan. I just get bored with such slow loss I guess. Now I am sure I set myself back.

Oh well... I am moving on this AM.

How is everyone?

Note to self: STAY STRONG THRU THE WEEKEND!
I know with a lot of IF plans, there's an "adjustment period" where many people gain weight for the first few weeks because they overeat during their "eating times." I know it's easy to go overboard when you're so hungry. I definitely have to be mindful, but the need to overeat typically fades out as your body adjusts to the new eating habits. You know your body best, though, so if IF isn't for you, that's ok too Best of luck!
AmyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:54 AM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/173/120
WOE: JUDDD
Checking in this morning - scale said 209!

I'm sorry IF set you back, daisyHair - it's not for everybody, I guess. I think each person's got to find their own magic formula, the thing THEY can do comfortably and sustainably until they get to goal.

I've been lc-ing since Aug 2010, and stuck at same weight for at least a year of that. Or rather than stuck, I could say maintaining.

So I tried a bunch of tweaks which didn't result in weight loss. IF-ing works for me, and I can do it; but maybe if something else worked, I would do that instead.

Hang in there everybody! Awesome job so far!

Lynne

500/2000 until the end of the challenge with NO TWEAKS.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.

Last edited by lynne2u; 03-02-2012 at 06:56 AM.. Reason: I've been lc-ing since Aug 2010 THIS time; )
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:31 AM   #128
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sandylee
Stats: start 162/current 151/goal 135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Jan 29,2012
I am relatively new and dont follow all the acronyms what is IF ?
Sandylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:38 AM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Good morning everyone! Happy Friday!

I've had some yucky tummy issues since yesterday afternoon. Went to bed around 7 just to lay in the warm covers & try to sleep through the cramping That did work, though. I feel just a little uneasy this morning, but sure hope that's over with!

I did manage to get in a little exercise yesterday. After searching youtube & hulu for a beginner's type workout I ended up with the original sweatin' to the oldies. lol Better than nothing, I guess. I felt like I could have finished it, but didn't because I have lots to do today and didn't want to be sore. I have to time for my son's swim meet, which involves getting up and down out of a chair about a zillion times. My knees started bugging me a bit during the workout, so figured I'd stop before I got sore. Like I said, better than nothing

Brewstate, I use Mio in my water and make it really weak. I used to do the weakened crystal light, too, but the Mio is so much easier than the packets. So far it hasn't seemed to affect me at all, but I know the AS do affect some people.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday. Bring on the weekend!
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:59 AM   #130
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: catr31
Stats: 205/169/145
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Restarted 1/3/14
TGIF! Getting off work early today to head out of town. My son has his last JROTC competition Saturday so DH and I booked a room to go watch and support the teams.

So I actually woke up to a .8 lb loss this morning bringing me to 3 lbs since Monday.

Menu:
B: 2 eggs
L: roast beef and mayo
D: We'll be on the road so probably a fast food salad or bunless burger.
catr31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:24 AM   #131
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: daisyHair
Stats: 257/228/140
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 5' 4" 50 Years Old
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstate View Post
Thanks boop, I'll have to try that. Didn't even cross my mind. I guess I could also do a little lemon juice but its something I guess I'm just going to have to force myself to do.

Daisyhair, I know a lot of people do fasting and it works for them, but the reason low carb helps me so much is I don't have to worry whether I can eat or not. I have to avoid certain things but beyond that if I want to eat 5 steaks I can (I don't of course, but the option is there). Its really a mental thing that no other diet gives me so I never try NOT eating. I have been on really restrictive diets before (Horrible flashback to the Watermelon diet when I was a teenager ) and it led me here so even if my weight loss is slow I try not deprive myself. We WILL get there eventually
I am thinking the same thing.. no more "trying to not eat" at least for quite a while.. I do believe in IF.. I have read the science behind it and wish I could do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoods View Post
Quick drive by, gotta work out of the office this morning and gtg, but I will check in later. Down .6 more, so yay!

I also look forward to checking in with everyone. This thread is so motivating I feel like Im not doing this alone right now. Luv you guys

So I got up bright and early, 5:30, and hit the gym and swam laps for 20 minutes. It was nice. I'm probably going to catch a body combat class at 5:30 this evening because I took a new one yesterday by new girls and I did not like it at all. I was so disgusted. I wanted to walk out I hated it so much, but I've never quit a class yet, so I sucked it up. I will not go to theirs again, though.

So my menu for today (tentative of course)
B-coffee/splenda from mcd's, coffee, sweet & low from gym, 2 egg whites w/pickled jalapeno slices
L-tofu/turkey chili over miracle rice
S-Ice coffee w/hwc/sf vanilla
D-Garlic butter tilapia, LC coleslaw
S-cheesy MR if needed
sorry to hear about the instructor! You did great going on with it!
I've been wanting to ask if you are buying your Miracle rice/noodles on the site or have you found a place that has it more affordable? I am still buying it from the site but it takes two packs to fill me up! It's expensive but I guess it's worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLiz View Post
I know with a lot of IF plans, there's an "adjustment period" where many people gain weight for the first few weeks because they overeat during their "eating times." I know it's easy to go overboard when you're so hungry. I definitely have to be mindful, but the need to overeat typically fades out as your body adjusts to the new eating habits. You know your body best, though, so if IF isn't for you, that's ok too Best of luck!
Interesting.. I ate like 1200 calories at least.. I guess in the long run my caloires/carbs for the day were ok but I think the feeling of being out of control is what gets me. Plus I have a hiatal hernia and eating that much at one setting is not gonna work for me.. live and learn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
Checking in this morning - scale said 209!

I'm sorry IF set you back, daisyHair - it's not for everybody, I guess. I think each person's got to find their own magic formula, the thing THEY can do comfortably and sustainably until they get to goal.

I've been lc-ing since Aug 2010, and stuck at same weight for at least a year of that. Or rather than stuck, I could say maintaining.

So I tried a bunch of tweaks which didn't result in weight loss. IF-ing works for me, and I can do it; but maybe if something else worked, I would do that instead.

Hang in there everybody! Awesome job so far!

Lynne
I love the science behind it. I am so glad you found what worked! I won't give up.. just got to keep on keepin' on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandylee View Post
I am relatively new and dont follow all the acronyms what is IF ?
Hi... "Intermittant Fasting".. working toward a 24 hour fast.. usually with a window of a couple of hours of eating. Most people do it dinner to dinner.. It's supposed to be good for leptin, good for blood sugar issues and very good for burning body fat. There is allot of info on line about it.. On Dr. Eades blog and also Mark's Daily Apple blog.
daisyHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:01 AM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

Location: Arkansas --aka too far away from where I'd like to be ;)
Gallery: Amgarrett616
Stats: 228/193.0/140
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/06/11
YUCK, I have just had a really bad two days.

I had to go to the dentist yesterday and ended up with a really bad toothache. I couldn't eat much at all and didn't get nearly enough calories for the day. Even drinking water hurt my mouth. So I didn't get enough water either. I did take a hyrdrocodone (which I HATE doing) and managed to get through a workout. But when I got home, I was in even worse shape and had to take another one and a half. My mouth feels much better today but I think the meds have messed with my stomach and I just can't make myself eat. One of the officers took me to lunch (chinese of all places) and I had chicken on a stick and a lil brocoli and couldn't eat much at all. I just feel so yucky. I have tons of paperwork to do at work and my hubby is super stressed from his job right now too. So he is no help. Add to that my .4 gain this morning and I'm gonna call this a terrible day.

I fully expect a good loss tomarrow because my scale was bouncing this morning between 202.2 and 203.8 (weird I know) and typically when it does this, it will land on that lower number the next day. So I think if I can just get the water down today, tomarrow will be better. I hope. I hope.

Thanks for letting me vent. I suppose I should get to that paperwork now.
Amgarrett616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #133
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SNJenny
Stats: 170, 184 / 171 / 110....5'2
WOE: Atkins Re-started WOL July 2008 @ 184 !!
Start Date: 06/01/06..Re-started July '08 @ 184
Hey ya'll. Quick stop by. Had a great day. Realized my appetite has decreased considerably. I love my lowcarb lifestyle & all it amazingly wonderful benefits, can't seem to understand why I never stay on it..Well this time I'm definitely determined.
Happy lowcarbing everybody :-)
SNJenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:03 AM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/173/120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amgarrett616 View Post

I had to go to the dentist yesterday and ended up with a really bad toothache. I couldn't eat much at all and didn't get nearly enough calories for the day. Even drinking water hurt my mouth. So I didn't get enough water either. I did take a hyrdrocodone (which I HATE doing) and managed to get through a workout. But when I got home, I was in even worse shape and had to take another one and a half. My mouth feels much better today but I think the meds have messed with my stomach and I just can't make myself eat. One of the officers took me to lunch (chinese of all places) and I had chicken on a stick and a lil brocoli and couldn't eat much at all. I just feel so yucky. I have tons of paperwork to do at work and my hubby is super stressed from his job right now too. So he is no help. Add to that my .4 gain this morning and I'm gonna call this a terrible day.

I fully expect a good loss tomarrow because my scale was bouncing this morning between 202.2 and 203.8 (weird I know) and typically when it does this, it will land on that lower number the next day. So I think if I can just get the water down today, tomarrow will be better. I hope. I hope.

I hope tomorrow is better. Good on ya for getting that water down, even with yuck-tummy.

Cheers! *clinking water glass with you*
Lynne
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:14 AM   #135
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: catr31
Stats: 205/169/145
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Restarted 1/3/14
Quote:

I hope today is a better day for you.
catr31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:56 PM   #136
Big Yapper!!!!

DaisyHair- I get them locally for $1.99 a bag, but if you buy them off Konjac's web site you can get they cheaper than that. It's like 24 bags for $35 including shipping which is $1.46 a bag. They are not the miracle brand, but they are the same thing.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:05 PM   #137
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sandylee
Stats: start 162/current 151/goal 135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Jan 29,2012
Sounds like everyone is doing well (sorry about the tooth ache tho - ouch) I have had another good day staying within my plan. Dinner out tonight and I ususally have one drink with SF mixer . Not sure if I will tonight though, I may just have a steak and diet coke.
Sandylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:29 PM   #138
Major LCF Poster!

When things get really bad...CALL GRANDMA! I had her pick up the kids today and me n the hubby are goin out for dinner and redbox (bc I don't feel too hot). I'll stay on plan, that's never too hard for me. I guess bc we eat out so much. Anyways, yippeE!
Old 03-02-2012, 01:39 PM   #139
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Luzabeth
Stats: 142.6/138.6/120
WOE: Window/IF
Hi Ladies! I completed an hour of Callanetics today. I took yesterday off as I had exercised about 6 or 7 days in a row so I needed a break.

I too am trying to get back into IF. I usually don't eat breakfast so I need to push my window back to the evening and not eat lunch at work either. The food is just too expensive there anyway and not very good. I did well on IF years ago but abandoned it when my potassium levels plummeted. I don't want that to happen again so I need to make sure I get enough potassium in and/or take a supplement.

This weekend is Zumba Saturday and Sunday. I'm getting so addicted to Zumba! I'll check back in tomorrow! Have a great evening!
Luzabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:32 PM   #140
Major LCF Poster!

Start Date: Restart: October 1, 2013
Weighed in on Thursday and I was 161.
On my way to my April goal!
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:20 PM   #141
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sweetpoison
Stats: 225/225/160
WOE: 80/20 PRIMAL
Start Date: 05/16/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luzabeth View Post
Hi Ladies! I completed an hour of Callanetics today. I took yesterday off as I had exercised about 6 or 7 days in a row so I needed a break.

I too am trying to get back into IF. I usually don't eat breakfast so I need to push my window back to the evening and not eat lunch at work either. The food is just too expensive there anyway and not very good. I did well on IF years ago but abandoned it when my potassium levels plummeted. I don't want that to happen again so I need to make sure I get enough potassium in and/or take a supplement.

This weekend is Zumba Saturday and Sunday. I'm getting so addicted to Zumba! I'll check back in tomorrow! Have a great evening!
Do you do Zumba in a class or dvd???
sweetpoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:54 PM   #142
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
When things get really bad...CALL GRANDMA! I had her pick up the kids today and me n the hubby are goin out for dinner and redbox (bc I don't feel too hot). I'll stay on plan, that's never too hard for me. I guess bc we eat out so much. Anyways, yippeE!
Aren't grandmas awesome? Glad you were able to have a nice relaxing evening. We all just need one sometimes!
Old 03-02-2012, 06:12 PM   #143
Big Yapper!!!!

Out of town at least tonight to the casino! That means no alcohol im away from temptation yaaaaaay. (Im with my parents). I plan a successful weekend.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:16 PM   #144
Major LCF Poster!

We ended up staying home n I got some nice steaks n salad. He asked if I was trying to poison him. Lol. I said welllll I'm making u a POTATO so u decide. Lol. He said is it "special?". I said nope just a plain ole starchy carby potato guaranteed to spike ur blood sugar. It's poison if u ask me. Hahaha.

It's so quiet around here with no kids! Weird.

Anyhoo. Got the l karatien supplement today so looking for a loss in the morning. Goodnight everyone!
Old 03-02-2012, 06:17 PM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoods View Post
Out of town at least tonight to the casino! That means no alcohol im away from temptation yaaaaaay. (Im with my parents). I plan a successful weekend.
Parents! Ohhhhh. I was originally thinking wow! No alcohol at the casino!?!? Where is this chick from???
Old 03-03-2012, 05:28 AM   #146
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
Good Morning!
The scale still at 238 but it's better than going up, right?!

Luzabeth I'm doing Callanetics too. First hour was done yesterday morning. A feel a little sore but in a good way.

Yesterday's menu:
Breakfast - 2 egg whites cooked in butter; ginger tea
Lunch - vinegar-based BBQ chicken breast, stewed cabbage; unsweet iced tea
Dinner - Fajitas w/o rice, beans, tortillas; 2 margaritas (that was the killer)
Water - none because I was out and about
Exercise - 1 hr Callanetics; most of the day walking up and down gravel paths in training pen with the dogs

Have a great day!
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:54 AM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Checking in on this beautiful Saturday! My 17 month old daughter woke me up before 6 so I'm dragging a bit but its the weekend so that means my husband cooks breakfast YAY! Weight was up .2 pounds to 190.4 so essentially the same. I just can't get past 189-190 no matter what I do. Any suggestions?

Oh well, I'll just keep on.

Going to try to get on the treadmill today or at least take a walk outside. Hope everyone else's day is as productive or lazy as they want it to be.
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:35 AM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyLiz
Stats: pregnant
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: April 3, 2011
The scale is bouncing around, but I put on my size 14 pants today, and they FIT!!!

The funny thing is, my measurements haven't changed at all since starting LC. Whatever!
AmyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:57 AM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
Morning! I am just checking in... I am down .2 lol Not much but I will take it!!
I am happy with that because I had just thought how well I was doing cravings were gone etc, but I had a super rough day yesterday, so I had a small glass of wine (as opposed to my usual 2 or 3 not so small glasses lol) since it was friday and my day had sucked. Then I started craving everything! I wanted ice cream, so I tried to make the ice cream in a baggie, well my bag must have leaked and my ice cream was salty then I had a few almonds and cashews picked out from a trailmix bag... didn't help so I had 2 yogurt chips from the trailmix and a big glass of water lol it took the edge off but wasn't enough, but I stopped there! So my plan for today is to stay on plan! It will not be easy, because we are going out for dinner and to see Kelly Clarkson tonight... but one day at a time right!
Sorry for the novel... But I hope all of you have an awesome Saturday!
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:44 AM   #150
Major LCF Poster!

Morning Everyone! So far today is starting out much better than yesterday. Man, that was rough. I thought I had skated through the first two weeks and avoided induction flu. Not sure what was going on the last couple of days, but it sucked! Still on plan. Picked up BBQ tri-tip from our favorite chicken & rib place and asked for sauce on the side... had to wash the bbq sauce off mine when we got home. grrrrr. It was still pretty darned good, though!

Boop, have fun at the concert!

Cathy, not sure if you're checking in or not, but hope the ROTC competition goes well! My youngest is s senior in HS and I know I'm going to miss all of the running around to tournaments, etc. Enjoy!

Yay Saturday!