Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2012, 07:09 AM   #1261
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Bron, you did soooo well under the circumstances and should be so proud of yourself!!!

Heidi, it may not be time just yet... only you know when that is... but you probably need to go back to a really strict induction for a few days to a week, just to get things under control & to kick those cravings to the curb. You can do this and we're here to help. I'm glad you were able to be still check in here and be honest. It will get easier. Hugs...

Laila, welcome back! I won't be anywhere close to my June 20th goal and I've been here the whole time.

Elise! 180! Nice job!!!

I'm sitting at 240 this morning I am SO ready to put these 40's behind me!!! I've been in this 'decade' WAY too long!
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2012, 10:34 AM   #1262
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/173/120
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstate View Post
So sorry Heidi, but I'm glad you posted as I don't think any of us should disapear just because we had a bad day...week... month? We celebrate each other's accomplishments so we should be there to get through the tough times too. I floundered for so long doing many many crazy things to lose weight and then finally found what works for me which is shaking my metabolism up and not let it know what's coming. If what you are doing is not working, it may be time to try something else for a bit, keeping in mind that it needs to be something that you can live with the rest of your life. Also you need to try to understand why you are feeling out of control and take steps to remedy that. Don't worry this is just a stumbling block but you will overcome

I'm extremely chipper this morning. The scale showed 180 Technically goal is 179.9 but I'll take it. Still not "overweight" but only a little obese . I can't believe how well JUDDD works and I was one of IF's worst critics but I have lost 6 lbs in a little over 2 weeks. I am the slowest loser ever so this is unheard of. I'm so excited to finally be one of the losers. This moment has been 8 years in the making but I did it Better late than never I guess.

Congratulations to you on finding your groove, Brew!! You've still got 6 days to lose that .1 pound, so I'm pretty sure you'll make your goal.

You helped me find my groove, too, because MY scale said 180 this morning, too!!

Little Debbie is the devil's daughter... Love this.

Bron, good job staying victorious!!

Misscobi...come on, 239...goodbye 240s!!

Lynne
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:14 PM   #1263
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: heidihoopi
WOE: LC My Way
I am feeling better today, I really don't know why maybe it was hormones, who knows?! Anyway, so far I am back on track. I went and looked at my foodlog and saw what I was doing when I was losing and that inspired me so hopefully I can make it through today on plan.

I also ordered 4 used books from Amazon and those should be arriving soon. I don't remember what all I ordered, lol, but I think Wheat Belly was one, and one of Julia Ross's, I think The Diet Cure. Seems like people have been recommending her books here for years.

I want to thank you all so much for your words of encouragement and for hanging in there with me!!! In the past I would probably just have faded away from a Challenge so as to not be a downer to the rest, but I thought that sure didn't work in the past so I was just going to hang in here and be honest. Thankfully I chose this challenge with a great group of gals, and it worked!

for all of you who are doing well!

Last edited by heidihoopi; 06-14-2012 at 01:20 PM..
heidihoopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:42 PM   #1264
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
Great job, heidi!

Today's food:
B - coconut bark; 1 cup coffee w/2 pkt Splenda, heavy whipping cream
L - about 4 oz stew beef, 1 cup stewed cabbage, unsweet tea w/Sweet & Low
D - fajita beef & chicken with the vegetables; guacamole (no beans/rice/tortillas); unsweet tea w/Sweet & Low
W - about 2 liters
Exercise - 1 hour Callanetics; 12 minutes strength training

I didn't weigh today, btw
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:37 PM   #1265
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
Hello all, I am not lost... just haven't had time to check in on a computer!
Bron oooh!! you are catching up! I love a good competition! really helps me stay motivated!
Congrats to all the losers!
I have been bouncing, as per the game my body plays... gives me a low then I bounce, bounce, bounce for about a week. But scale today said 212.4, so I am happy to see a new low. I am away for the weekend, visiting my best friend and I know wine will be involved. So we will see what the scale on Monday brings!

End of the World challenge 191.8/179.4/174

Getting Angry for Autumn Challenge 211.4/192.4/191.8
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:50 PM   #1266
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidihoopi View Post
In the past I would probably just have faded away from a Challenge so as to not be a downer to the rest, but I thought that sure didn't work in the past so I was just going to hang in here and be honest.
Yep, no fading away on us... you're way to important to just let yourself fade away. Sadly I've done just that and it was a horrible mistake. Hang in there with us! We'll make this work!

Ooooh Lynne, look at you and Brew hovering at 180! Not for long!

Bron, you are KILLING IT and I am so impressed! KUTGW!

Boop! Huge congrats on that new low!
Old 06-15-2012, 05:24 AM   #1267
Major LCF Poster!

boop - good to see you! I hope you have a great time with your friend.

My scale has bounced back up to 221.5 AGAIN. Last night's dinner was loaded with sodium, although it was low-carb. Coupled with my exercise, I know I'm getting healthy but I would sure like for the scale to reflect it. I feel stronger and tighter so I know it's working.

Have a great day - will come back tonight and post.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:08 AM   #1268
Major LCF Poster!

Bron, you're doing so well. Bummer the scale's not reflecting that at the moment, but it will!

I'm almost afraid to post that the scale said 239 this morning... eeek!... man, I was in the 240's forever! I just had to go back to ******'s past weights and look. I first hit 249 on April, yes APRIL 22nd. Whew. On my multiple checks of the scale this morning it was as low as 238 and the highest reading had the needle crammed right up against the 240 line (but not on top of it <gg>). I know I may bounce back into the 240's again, but I'd really love to leave them in the dust!

Have a great weekend everyone!!! We have a busy busy weekend ahead. DS has a tournament about an hour out of town this weekend and the weather should be in the low 100's. Will definitely be drinking lots of water
Old 06-15-2012, 02:59 PM   #1269

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
I'm almost afraid to post that the scale said 239 this morning... eeek!... man, I was in the 240's forever! I just had to go back to ******'s past weights and look. I first hit 249 on April, yes APRIL 22nd. Whew. On my multiple checks of the scale this morning it was as low as 238
You have been so patient Tami!

I hope it holds for ya!

Scale has started to move in the right direction again albeit very slowly. I'm doing okay today, so far I've had

2 cups a joe with hwc

1 serving ham, cheese and cauliflower casserole (george stella recipe)
DH brought home Lay's chips and plunked them down right in front of me at lunch, so I had about 8 with french onion dip

Greek yogurt with strawberries

Dinner--Grilled ribeyes with sauteed mushrooms and onions probably, with a fresh garden salad. Wish you all lived closer I'd share the bounty with you all, I've got greens coming out of my ears!

Have a good on plan weekend Y'all!

Last edited by heidihoopi; 06-15-2012 at 03:03 PM..
Old 06-15-2012, 04:04 PM   #1270
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Heidi! Glad the scale's headed the right direction for you, too! Your fresh green salad sounds yummy, but not quite as yummy as the ribeyes! Yum Yum Yum!!!
Old 06-15-2012, 09:11 PM   #1271
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Way to go Elise for 180!!! You did it!!! I can't wait to be there with you and Lynne.

Lynne~ yay for 180.

Heidi~ Ooh, those ribeyes sound yummy... and lays... haven't had one of those in ages. Way to get right to it today.

Tina~ Yay for a new decade!!!!! Awesome!!!

Bron~ Isn't sodium evil. I'm sure I won't see a loss in the morning from my lunch today. I was parched all afternoon even after drinking tons of water. But we are definitely doing all the right things eating right and working out.

Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:16 PM   #1272
Major LCF Poster!

Went and met a friend today. We took the kids to applebees for lunch, I had a chicken caesar salad without croutons and before getting to lunch I had drank 64 oz of water. Then a glass of water with lunch. I had gotten DD2 a pizza and took the cheese off of two of her pieces and ate it. BAD idea... I was parched all day long and so was she. She drank two sippy cups of water this afternoon and I couldn't get enough to drink. I'm sure the scale will be the same in the morning.

After lunch our plan was to take the kids to the park and then walk the walking track. Well we made it half way around the track and the kids wanted to play. So our good walk turned into an ok one. Tomorrow I am going to do some weight work and some cardio.

I didn't drink enough water yesterday and the scale was up a little. I saw 200 again, but I'm not claiming it.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:12 AM   #1273
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Tami you have fought hard to get out of the 240's but you did it It probably might be a natural set point for you. I spent many a month fighting around 200 to get below and then the weight came off pretty fast after that until this challenge that is I bet your weight loss rate will increase now.

Melanie don't worry about the bounces. You are doing this! I remember seeing 200 bounce back to me several times before I lost it forever. In a decade I usually have 2 goals. 1. To see my goal weight first thing in the morning 2. To not see the previous decade's weight even when clothed. So eventually you won't even see 200 if you weight mid day and that is an awesome feeling too. BTW your new avatar has you looking like a skinny minnie WTG

I'm being good I promise but I can't seem to get my scale to say 179.9 for anything lately. It says 180.0 (how mean is that ). This morning it bounced down to 179.4 and I got excited but I reweighed and it was still 180. I'm not usually this obsessive, I promise, but I have wanted to see 179 for YEARS and I'm sooo close. Time, my friends, that's all we need.

Have a great father's day weekend guys!
Old 06-16-2012, 06:33 AM   #1274
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: FinallyGotIt
Stats: 276/208/164 5'5'' 43yo
Start Date: July 2003
Saturday weigh-in -

6/12: 215.0
6/13: 212.3
6/14: 211.7
6/15: 211.5
6/16: 210.7

Ketostix light purple. Water weight gone, now lets get to those pesky fat cells.
FinallyGotIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:44 AM   #1275
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
Bron I bounced around 220 for almost a month. I think my body was just adjusting, and now it has caught up again and is finally letting the scale move again.

On the sodium note I stopped in to see my aunts last night, and turned down the Chinese food they were having because the the sodium. Not going to weigh cause I was into the wine last night and I don't have my own digital scale here. Lol
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:47 AM   #1276
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstate View Post
Tami you have fought hard to get out of the 240's but you did it It probably might be a natural set point for you. I spent many a month fighting around 200 to get below and then the weight came off pretty fast after that until this challenge that is I bet your weight loss rate will increase now.
Ahhh, from your mouth (er fingers) to God's ears! I do think you're right about it being a set point, though. I didn't weigh myself much over the last few years, but I'm comfortably wearing stuff from the last two summers that I had mysteriously grown out of last fall/winter. I'm guessing I sat in the mid to high 240's for a while before the seemingly sudden jump to 278 when I was outgrowing all of my 'fat clothes' and knew I had to put an end to that madness! Anway, still at 239 this morning. I wanted one more to put me at 40 gone, but was happy to just keep that needle on the correct side of 240!

I'm sure you'll hit 179 in the next couple of days!

Happy, I wouldn't claim that either! Surely just a fluke!

FinallyGotIt... you're melting! WTG!
Old 06-16-2012, 09:28 AM   #1277
Major LCF Poster!

Elise~ I know what you mean. I wanted to see 199 so bad!!! It was driving me crazy. Its all about being patient and it will surprise you when you least expect it. I like those decade goals. I will have to implement them as well. Thanks. Oh and thanks for the skinny comment. I've heard that word more this past few weeks than I have all my life!!!! Its incredible!!!!

Last edited by Happy2be; 06-16-2012 at 09:31 AM..
Old 06-16-2012, 05:32 PM   #1278
Major LCF Poster!

cobi - I am so happy for you!!! It's been a long time coming, I know, but it makes the victory all the more sweet! Couldn't resist the 'cobi' as my DH is 'Coby' - it's just a natural thing to type/say!

Thank you for the encouragement, boop. It's just the say it is, I guess, and at 49 and having had a hysterectomy, I guess it will be slow-going. It hasn't deterred me but at the same time, I'm envious of people like Happy2be who have managed to lose weight quicker. I will win in the end - the scale won't defeat me!

Happy2be - I read your journal today and it has really inspired me to pay more attention to what I'm eating and how much. Somewhere, I've seen the visual imagery of what a portion size should be (a la 'deck of cards' or 'dice') and need to find that again. I also am impressed at what you're eating. My DH is fructose & lactose intolerant all of a sudden, so we spend much of our time at McD's. I can't eat the salads b/c of the MSG or something that makes me swell and nauseous. I tend to eat just the 'guts' of either a burger or grilled chicken. I need to take notes on what you're eating and how much. Thank you so much for your blog!

Great job, gotit - your signature says it all!

I'm pulling for you, brew because like me, we've let family members and/or personal vices get in our way at times, but we NEVER give up! You are a strong woman and I know you can do this!

One of the reasons I have been making extended posts is because I feel that I've been self-centered. OTOH, I have a fear that I've neglected to mention to someone. I'm really struggling with the fact that a good friend (or at least I thought they were) has turned on me. By nature, I'm rather anti-social and nervous around groups, but when I'm your friend, I'm a friend for life! I'm really hurting. The 'friend' was a guy I've know for 15 years and have helped him through some social anxiety/depression issues, but now he's saying I've violated his privacy, been self-centered, etc. I guess I'm sensitive to it right now.

I need to open a new blog and post what I'm really feeling. Maybe it's because I'll be 50 at my next birthday...maybe because I've known a few people I know to die recently...I've been more retrospective. It could also being that I'm starting grad school (again) this fall and I'm under the gun.

On a good note...with my 50th birthday coming up next year, I need your help picking a destination present. DH went on a cruise for his first marriage so it's not a big deal for him. So, I'm thinking about Europe --- anyone been!

You guys are the greatest, and I thank the Lord for putting us all together!
Old 06-16-2012, 07:19 PM   #1279
Senior LCF Member

Thanks so much Bronwyn! I know what you mean and although I don't know you in person I highly doubt you are selfish in anyway. If he's a true friend, he'll come around I sometimes feel sorry for myself because everything has been SO HARD compared to other people but in the end all of us who have had struggles have become stronger by this challenge and we may not be the fastest but we WILL succeed. Just keep looking at your beautiful profile picture and know that you will get there! BTW I had no idea you were 49. You look at least 10 years younger and with all your exercise and hard work you will be more radiant than ever

Just remember you are loving, you are beautiful, and you will overcome any obstacle that comes you way I have been to Europe several times and you really can't go wrong as every place I visted is still special in my heart. My personal favorites would probably be Paris, especially with a loved one (make sure to take a river trip down the Seine and past the Eifel tower, so romantic) or Rome. Either one will make you fall in love all over again and make life feel very Bella Vita. So Jealous of you! (sorry I guess Bella Vita is also a pasta sauce, who knew )

Happy2be I'm another fan of your blog. I love "catching up" with you and tracking your progress. You make me realize that no matter how effortless someone else's success seems, you have been there day after day working your plan and making positive changes. Its inspiring but also speaks volumes to the amount of effort and will power you have put into your life. What an inspiration

Last edited by brewstate; 06-16-2012 at 07:30 PM..
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:21 AM   #1280
Major LCF Poster!

Bron, I agree with Brew, you haven't been self-centered here. On the contrary, you're always involved with other people's successes and struggles and it's only when you're time crunched that you post only a little. I don't call that self-centered at all.

What are you studying in grad school, Bron? (How exciting!)

Paris sounds lovely, Brew! I guess I have to second that one, though I've only seen it on Rick Steve's Europe.

On losing weight "easier/harder" or "faster/slower": I look at it this way. Some of us find our magic formula sooner than others, that's all. Others, we're more "special" and what works for lots of other people doesn't work for us. We have to search around until we find the trick.

Some of us have life stuff that gets in the way, too. It's so hard to lose weight with stress happening...the hormones won't let us!...but we've all come a long way already and yes, it is character building, isn't it? It's a long haul for us, day in, day out, for years! We're all so strong and admirable and caring. I'd love to have all of you for friends in real life!

Happy2be, I like the part in your blog where you made the lc cheesecake and it was supposed to cool and it didn't ever make it to the refrigerator - everybody ate it while it was still warm. That sounds very familiar.

Heidihoopi, I'm imagining you now with greens coming out your ears. I think your handling of the chips was pretty brilliant. As usual. We're all going to get so good at navigating and negotiating our treats!

misscobi, may you never see the 240's decade again!! Cheers to that!!

Lynne

P.S. 180 today. I tried JUDDD-ing Friday, Brew, and I got ravenously hungry after having an unusually light dinner. And then I caved and ate too much and didn't feel good the next morning.

How many calories do you usually have on your down day? I've heard so much conflicting advice that I'm not sure what to try.

One meal a day works so well for me, I am reluctant to give it up. Advice please!

500/2000 until the end of the challenge with NO TWEAKS.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:29 AM   #1281
Senior LCF Member

Lynne I probably do what you would consider close to Fast-5 in that on Down Days I eat as little as I can for most of the day until I just can't stand it anymore and then I will have something but its usually closer to 2 PM then I eat my "dinner" and if needed have broth or tea at night to tide me over till I go to bed. My secret is that I actually make myself chart what I ate before I can even put it in my mouth and make sure that I save enough for night when I'm at my weakest. I do occasionally get "peckish" at night, but reminding myself I can have whatever I want tomorrow is usually enough motivation to delay any sort of gratification (and the weight loss, that doesn't hurt either)

I think they recommend you to do an Up Day before you start restricting calories because you need those extra calories to "buffer" your down day. It keeps you from being so hungry.

My trick has been using LOTS of vegetables since they have so little calories and spacing them out. I've also been using Miracle rice (thanks Michelle!) mixed with Ragu Cheesy sauce and parm cheese when I get desperate and since its all fiber it will knock hunger out really fast. Since its calorie free you only count the sauces so its a great meal alternative. (I usually have 1 serving every down day)

My calories are usually anywhere from 375 to 500 depending on how hungry I am. I try for 385 but if I'm still not satisfied I will do more. I have seen some however do up to 600-700 with good results. Apparently it is an individual thing but 500 seems to work for just about everyone. On my Up Days I eat right around 2000 calories and those are really enjoyable days In fact you are encouraged to eat ALL your calories or you weight loss will slow (how strange an idea is that?)

The great part is I'm finding I can begin to eat a few things that were always forbidden before and it doesn't affect my weight so it seems much more sensible and do-able in the long run. I'm really enjoying it and the weight is flying off so I can't help but talk it up a bit. Its not for everyone and not perfect but its a very effective weight loss tool.

Oh and on that note, 179.4 this morning GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by brewstate; 06-17-2012 at 11:33 AM..
Old 06-17-2012, 05:32 PM   #1282

My copy of Brain Over Binge that I ordered didn't quite arrive in time. I'm out of control again, feeling very low, and I'm the sugar binge I'm on is not helping. one. bit. Why is this so galldurn hard!?

Bron, he's a jerk, you are a sweetheart! We all have times when we just can't help anyone else when we are in the midst of self-chaos or whatever. That time is now for me, sorry all. I don't mean to be self-centered either, especially when you all have been so supportive of me, it's just I'm feeling like how can I help others when I can't even help myself , ya know?!

Brew, Congrats Hon on the 179! Fabuloso!

Sounds like I'd better go read Happy2b's journal....

Last edited by heidihoopi; 06-17-2012 at 05:36 PM..
Old 06-17-2012, 06:43 PM   #1283
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the vote of confidence, ladies! It's just in my personality to be a people-pleaser, and I hate confrontation! You're right, heidi, he is a jerk --- many people have said that over the years but I tried to keep the friendship alive. We'll just have to see what happens.

Lynne - I'm trying to finish up my MPA (Public Administration). I work for County government and believe I can do just as good a job (if not better) than some of the folks in upper management! I started the program 4 years ago but both my in-laws died as well as my father in a span of 8 months and just didn't go back. DH was working in another town during the week and I had obligations to handle on my own while he was away, so school took a back seat. The entire program must be completed within 6 years of your lose your credits, so I'm under the gun to get done, which means 2 classes in the fall, spring, summer school sessions, and another fall & spring to be finished by spring 2014.

Thank you, brew! I turned 49 last month. Of course, my avatar is 4 years old but I did post a photo from April in our challenge. Thankfully, I stay out of the sun, don't smoke, and get 7-8 hours of sleep per night. Maybe I should be thankful I'm losing weight slowly, so the wrinkles won't pop up overnight!
Old 06-17-2012, 10:25 PM   #1284
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidihoopi View Post
My copy of Brain Over Binge that I ordered didn't quite arrive in time. I'm out of control again, feeling very low, and I'm the sugar binge I'm on is not helping. one. bit. Why is this so galldurn hard!?
It's just that you're allergic to poison, it's not your fault. You'll get an opportunity to seize the reins again.

Brew, thank you for the info! I'm pretty sure I can do JUDDD now, I'll try again later in the week! And...

...Congratulations on breaking 180!! Woohoo, it's working!!!: jumpjoy:

Bron, that's great! I'm sorry to hear about all the losses that got in the way of your education, I can definitely understand how you had to put it on hold!...but I'm sure it will be great fun to be back on campus again.

Lynne

P.S. For the first time EVER, my driver's license weight is accurate. Wow.

Last edited by lynne2u; 06-17-2012 at 10:29 PM.. Reason: forgot something!
Old 06-18-2012, 06:41 AM   #1285
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
cobi - I am so happy for you!!! It's been a long time coming, I know, but it makes the victory all the more sweet! Couldn't resist the 'cobi' as my DH is 'Coby' - it's just a natural thing to type/say!
No worries at all. Cobi was a very very special Great Dane and next to my hubby & kids the dogs are my passion. Great Danes are so intuitive and such people dogs. Cobi was my first and was a real mama's boy. He will always have a very special place in my heart. Thus I love hearing the name!

Big catch up after the weekend... but can I first shout out to the world that I am 40, FORTY, pounds lighter than when I started low carb in February!?! Down to 238 this morning!

Bron, great attitude! I like that saying, 'the scale won't defeat me!' I may need to borrow that How awful of your friend. Hopefully when he settles down a bit he will explain exactly what has happened and be ready to listen to your side. (oh, and now that I've read further and realize he's a jerk - nevermind - if he comes around he comes around, if not there's one less drag on your happy self!) I'm anti-social by nature as well, but I know you are a sweet caring person and you have not been self centered here at all. I'm so sorry this is bugging you! Europe sounds fabulous! I have not been, but everyone I've known who has had a great time!

Thanks Lynne OMG, your drivers license weight is correct?!? That is huge! I really remember that milestone from last time around! Mine's only 78 pounds off now

Elise, WOOHOO!!! So so so happy for you!!! WTG Girl!!! :

Heidi, hang in there sweetie! It will all come together for you, but I know it's so so difficult when you just can't get away from those sugar cravings. Evil I tell you, Evil. (I need to read Happy's journal too.)
Old 06-18-2012, 07:23 AM   #1286
Major LCF Poster!

Let me be the first to say congratulations to you, Misscobi!! You're such a LOSER!! (In a good way.)

Quote:
... but can I first shout out to the world that I am 40, FORTY, pounds lighter than when I started low carb in February!?! Down to 238 this morning!
Very, very nice!! 40 pounds really makes a difference, doesn't it? Do you feel lighter and younger?

Lynne

P.S. I'm curious to see how much we've all lost on this challenge, so I'd like to ask folks to post their losses but I don't want people who've been struggling to feel bad. What do you all think? Post 'em or not?
Old 06-18-2012, 08:20 AM   #1287
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks so much, Lynne! I think because I added so much so quickly that I really don't feel a huge difference, but I know from past attempts that difference is just around the corner!

I say we post them if we're comfortable. There's no shame in not meeting those goals. Gosh knows we've all been there... have a look see at some of our join dates or original start dates. There are lots and lots of speed bumps (or mountainous highways chock full of road construction <gg>) on this journey! While some of us may be doing well now, that certainly hasn't always been the case! But we'll get there and we're not giving up!
Old 06-18-2012, 10:14 AM   #1288
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
While some of us may be doing well now, that certainly hasn't always been the case! But we'll get there and we're not giving up!
I just looked back and my start weight in late February was 192 so I've only lost 13 lbs on this challenge in 3 MONTHS but my loss has picked up speed now that I've found what works for me. This just goes to show that you have to customize your weightloss to your own body and what works for one doesn't necessary work for someone else.

Heidi, you can do this. Remember, the first couple days are hell but then the sugar monster will be back in his cage and won't bother you anymore. I'm truely addicted to sugar so I have to be really careful. I know where you're at right now and you can overcome this
Old 06-19-2012, 12:03 AM   #1289
Major LCF Poster!

You all are way too kind. I honestly am so humbled and sometimes even puzzled by how fast I have been able to lose this time. Within the last month my weight loss has slowed a bit, but I have been overdoing it on frankenfoods for sure, and also added more weights. Its been a struggle at times, for sure. Since I restarted in January, I hit a bump when I went on my cruise and then for a week after that. It was very hard to get back to it, but I finally just set a day and did it. I also had one other day where I hit a bump in the road for the whole day and then one other time when I hit a bump for a few days. I have just had a whole different mind set this time and the mind set that this is a life long commitment and that I will hit bumps but I have to keep on trucking!!!! I never thought when I started and came here to find support and inspiration that I would be able to help and inspire others. I try to help others but for some reason I don't always have the right words to say. So I feel that if I can show them thats it possible by example, then I am helping.

I don't always post my menus,but if you guys would like me to start doing that I will either in my journal or here. I am scared to death that once I get to my goal that I won't be able to maintain the weight loss. I have never been able to do that. So I am looking for tips and ways to do that. Obviously I would like to add back some foods when I get to goal, and I need to figure out how I can do that without completely wrecking everything.

Bron~ You will get there. Everyone loses at different rates for different factors. You are doing wonderful as well. Resisting temptations all over the place. Explain to me why Mcd's if lactose and fructose intolerant? I don't know much about this.

Elise~ WOO HOO on 179!!!! I'm glad that you have been checking up on me. A friend of mine told me that the first 50 are easy and then it becomes a little harder and I can see that now. Some days its harder than others but I just keep plugging along and DH has helped tremendously. He keeps me on plan when I am thinking about abandoning ship for a day. It has definitely taken a lot of willpower.

Lynne~ I agree, we all are different and there are so many factors that help us lose or hinder us from losing on a day to day basis. I give you and Elise and everyone else I know that JUDD's huge kudos. Some days I think I could do it, but then some days it seems so confusing. AWESOME that your weight matches your DL#. I will have to check mine. I know it hasn't been right for years, but I think I am getting closer to it now.

Tina~ thats Awesome!!!! 40 lbs is great!!!

Tina and Heidi~ Come on over. I hope reading my blog can help.

It really helps that DH is doing this with me and has been such a saint. He has only hit a bump in the road twice!!!! Can you believe it, since January 3. He sometimes eats way too much of the low carb foods, but hasn't cheated but twice. So like tonight, I had a killer craving for pizza.... It was a stressful day and I really wanted to just pick up a pizza on the way home, but I didn't. Mainly because I didn't want to deter him and make him go off plan because I was having a bad day. So I had a lc bagel instead.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:04 AM   #1290
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks so much, Lynne! I think because I added so much so quickly that I really don't feel a huge difference, but I know from past attempts that difference is just around the corner!

I say we post them if we're comfortable. There's no shame in not meeting those goals. Gosh knows we've all been there... have a look see at some of our join dates or original start dates. There are lots and lots of speed bumps (or mountainous highways chock full of road construction <gg>) on this journey! While some of us may be doing well now, that certainly hasn't always been the case! But we'll get there and we're not giving up!
I agree. But I will wait to see what the consensus is.