Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2012, 07:47 AM   #1231
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Happy Monday Morning! (I can hear the groans now! lol)

Lynne, GREAT job girl!!!! WooHoo!!!

I'm still at 241 this morning, but it was oh soooo close to that 240 line. Can't wait to FINALLY see the 230's!!! That month long stall really did me in for the challenge, but I'm still pushing & still want to be closer to goal than I am now!
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2012, 09:03 AM   #1232
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
Atta girl, heidi! I'm so proud of you

You too, Lynne with your continuing weight loss!

misscobi - you are so close! You'll get there!

As for me, I don't know how I did it, but the scale budged (reluctantly) to 220.5!!! When I was on the scale, I thought about this being such a battle, so I started singing,

"I (the scale) fought the Bron, and the Bron won!"

Corny, I know, but it gave me a laugh on a Monday morning.

Don't forget to post your water intake today!
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:11 AM   #1233
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/226.2/169
Start Date: 06/22/09
I'm doing well. Been on track, really wanted to drink some LC beers last night, I mean seriously, but my bf kept telling me I didn't need to and I was back on it stay strong, and I took it out on him, but I didn't drink and I'm very happy today. Not going to weigh until I think the 21st or 22nd when we start our new challenge. Try to get some of the weight off I gained on my "break".

BTW, Walden farms carmel syrup taste like butterscotch pudding

Heidi I'm glad you are feeling better.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:52 AM   #1234
Major LCF Poster!

So proud of you mswoods
Old 06-11-2012, 04:09 PM   #1235
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Hello all!!!! I have been reading along pretty much every day just haven't been posting. If you will have me I would like to start posting again!!!! This is such a great group of ladies and the support is amazing!!!!

Since last posting, I have been battling with the scale and getting it to move while exercising. Its been slow, but its moving at its pace when it wants to. I have been working through that and my urge to cheat when the scale isn't moving!!! I went to my measurements when it wasn't moving and saw that I was losing inches. Its been hard at times to resist but it gets easier and easier each time!!!!

I am happy to report that I have had 34 cheat free days!!!! I have been working out more. Doing ZUMBA and weights and going on walks. Trying to get in my water each day and most of the time succeeding with that!!! And I was rewarded this morning with 199.2!!!! A number that I haven't seen in 9 years!!!! Its amazing what you can do with determination, and support from others!!!!

Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:34 PM   #1236
Major LCF Poster!

Awww, Melanie!!! Great job busting into Onederland! So happy for you!!!

Michelle, you're amazing... don't forget it. It takes a lot to get back on track and you're doing it. You will reach your goals. I have no doubt!

Bron, Love the song & the new low!!!

WTG Ladies!!!
Old 06-11-2012, 05:42 PM   #1237
Major LCF Poster!

Heidi~ I have been there a few times on my journey and both times I just had to do what you did. But get right back to it and you will see great results.

MsWoods~ Way to go on resisting the beer, even if you did take it out on bf.

Lynne~ WOO HOO to the 80's and limiting the sugar alcohols.

Tami~ You will get there. Keep plugging along and the 30's will be here!!!

Bronwyn~ YAY on a new number!!!! WOO HOO!!!

Elyse~ Way to go on Judding!!!! You are rocking it!!!

Today has been a good day. Not much of an appetite today. So just eating when hungry.

B: Atkins shake
L: Peanuts and water
D: pizza bake
S: maybe a piece of cheesecake I made yesterday. If needed.

64 oz water so far.

Last edited by Happy2be; 06-11-2012 at 05:43 PM..
Old 06-11-2012, 10:10 PM   #1238
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: heidihoopi
Stats: Hi-290/268/Current 247/175
WOE: LC-ish, LoCal
Start Date: Restart 10/20/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy2be View Post
Hello all!!!! ... And I was rewarded this morning with 199.2!!!! A number that I haven't seen in 9 years!!!! Its amazing what you can do with determination, and support from others!!!!

and That is such a great milestone! Congrats!
Glad to have you 'back.' You are so right, this is a great group of gals really dedicated to getting and getting this FAT OFF forever! (hey, that's what I needed to do, get mad instead of sad, but just doesn't always work that way...)

Anyway, I don't know what I thought eating a load of crap would get me except, ya, you guessed it, a lb higher on the scale. Sheeeesh! That'll teach me! Guess I thought I just might get one of those 'miracle whooshes' you hear some people talk about when they have a high carb day once in a while. Yeah, right. No such luck.

Ok got to stop this right now. Hard day though, had another luncheon but mostly ate well. Ham for dinner at DH's request and that unfortunately usually makes me retain water so I am not expecting any thing wonderful will happen on the scale tomorrow either, and I have another luncheon I have to go to tomorrow. I will be so glad when all this stuff winds down and I can pay more attention to me, my woe, and start exercising again!

~

Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind. Henry James
heidihoopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:16 AM   #1239
Major LCF Poster!

220.0!!!!

Look out, boop!!!

Yesterday's food/water
B - 1 avocado; 1 cup coffee with tsp heavy cream, 2 pkt Splenda
L - about t6 oz stew beef, cabbage, unsweet tea
D - 10 'naked' chicken wings, ranch dressing, celery, Diet Pepsi
E - none
Water - 1/5 liters

Come on gals!!!
Old 06-12-2012, 06:22 AM   #1240
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/192/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Woah! Look at you Bronwyn! So close to the teens

Heidi, that's the right mindset. Just jump back on that horse. Unfortunately food is something we don't get to stop dealing with until we're dead so its not something you can win in a day.

Good for you MsWoods. That's awesome your BF helped you resist temptation. My DH is all about indulging me in what I want and it messes me up often.

Yay! Happy2Be I'm so excited for you. You come so far! Welcome to ONEDERLAND!!!

Lynne- You beat me to goal by a pound Don't worry I'll get you next challenge

Last edited by brewstate; 06-12-2012 at 06:23 AM..
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:41 AM   #1241
Big Yapper!!!!

Argh. I was doing great. Then I pulled my hamstring yesterday, not working out mind you, I tripped over a rug in my work kitchen and got wrapped up in my flip flops, and I had 3 vodka and diet sodas. Food was good and carbs were around 10 but still.

I did workout as much as I could, 40 minutes of body step, but couldn't finish the class because I was pretty much in tears from the pain. I'm feeling better today but it still hurts.

I love all of you guys you are awesome. This is a great support group.

Happy2BE! Awesome job I'm so proud.

Heidi trust me Ive been there too many times. But, I look at it this way. This is our WOE for life and of course we will eat "normal" food every now and then. The key is not to let it go on too long and get back to "our normal" WOE. Don't beat yourself up over it. Just do what ya gotta do and keep in mind you can eat craptastic food in the future every now and then

brewstate That sucks your dh encourages you to eat off plan. I know how to work my bf to get him to say what I want to hear but he will tell me what I need to hear first, and then I feel guilty when he says, "Ok go ahead just get back on it tomorrow", so I don't. You have you, and us!

Misscobi&Bronwyn That reminds me that I need to start posting my menu again. Will do that in a min when I figure it out.

Last edited by MsWoods; 06-12-2012 at 09:42 AM..
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:59 AM   #1242
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
I wouldn't blame everyone if you didn't have any sympathy for me, because I've lost almost 35 lbs on this challenge...

...but I just checked previous posts here and I've been dead stalled for 20 days. Some movement up and down, but no net loss.

Now what? Losing the sugar alcohols didn't help, either. The scale says 182 this morning.

Inches are not moving. Pounds are not moving. 1000-1200 calories a day are barely enough to get adequate nutrition and I don't like the idea of going lower for a long haul - I've got 50 pounds or so still to lose. I've cut out everything I can think of without being miserable. I'm exercising more or less pretty often. I'm drinking enough water. Nothing's working!!

Fat fast? Back to regular Atkins until the beginning of the next challenge? Cut portions back anyway? Try a different supplement (I stopped the chromium when I decided that supplementing with it didn't fix the problem)? JUDDD? IF-ing every other day instead of every day?

Help!!!

Lynne

P.S. Sorry it's all about me this morning, but I'm at wits end. Bron, I'm singing your song now, too.

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:09 AM   #1243
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
220.0!!!!
Way to go, Bron! Glad you're still winning the war with the scale!

Michelle, sorry you're hurt. I think you did great, though! I know alcohol is a challenge for you, but really, you didn't do bad at all! Great job!

Lynne, somehow I always manage to miss your posts. I'm sorry. I sure wish I had answers for you. I don't think I'd cut calories back any further. Perhaps the opposite would help? Adding breakfast back in? Hmmm... so frustrating when we know we're doing things the way they should be and that scale just doesn't move!!!

Speaking of which... still sitting at 241. You know I'm scared to death that I'm just going to sit at this weight for another month. I don't mind a 'slower' loss, but this is ridiculous. Trying not to panic just yet, tho. Sigh.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:23 AM   #1244
Senior LCF Member

Someone posted this article on a different forum and I thought it was applicable to many of us. Have a read and see if it rings true. BTW the bottom post is the first one. It confused me at first so I thought I would give you a heads up.

Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health: Water Retention
Old 06-12-2012, 12:35 PM   #1245
Major LCF Poster!

I hope you feel better soon mswoods. Maybe you can just do some upper body movement or weights until your hamstring heals. You can still get your heart rate up by having your arms over your head.

happy2be I apologize for not acknowledging you earlier when you came back. I read some of your journal during lunch and you should be proud of where you are right now! We all have our ups and downs but it's how we conduct ourselves that defines us!

lynne, you stepped up to the challenge and have the scale to prove it! I'm so very happy for you and can't blame you for wanting the scale to move!! I wish I had an answer for you but the scale will move again at some point. You mentioned you were going to go back the coconut bark, have you tried that yet? I've been like a freakin' furnace since I started eating it last week! Coupled with paying more attention to the quanitity of food, maybe that's why the scale has moved a bit. I've also been drinking more water. It will happen, I promise! I just didn't realize how much you've actually lost!

Same reassurance to you, misscobi. I was up and down the same 1-2 lbs for a couple of weeks and I really don't know what changed. Maybe the scale was getting tired of registering the same number for me! Maybe researching old posts about people being stalled will shed some light.

brew - thanks for this link. I've printed it out to read when I have more time. I don't know how I missed that you've lost so much weight on this challenge, either, but you've done a terrific job, even with some of the obstacles you've mentioned along the way.

heidi - how are you doing this morning? Hope you get through your luncheon successfully! Guzzle that water, girl!
Old 06-13-2012, 12:28 PM   #1246
Major LCF Poster!

Hope everyone's doing well out there! Got busy this morning and forgot to check in... seems I'm not the only one!

No scale movement today which annoys the heck out of me. Looking forward to measuring in a couple of days, though. I do keep finding clothes in my closet that suddenly fit when they didn't before, so something seems to be happening. Just wish the scale would get with the program all ready!
Old 06-13-2012, 12:56 PM   #1247
Big Yapper!!!!

Argh. Had alcohol last night. It's such a struggle! I was going to say screw it and go get a box of little debbie cakes today, like I had already convinced myself I was going to let it slide today, then my sense came back and I treated myself to a Wendy's Berry almond chicken salad instead. No dressing. 18g carbs, 350calories, but better than snack cakes. And the berries are sooooooooo sweet.

So, em, I guess I was kinda bad kinda good but coulda got way worse? Lol.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #1248
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstate View Post
Someone posted this article on a different forum and I thought it was applicable to many of us. Have a read and see if it rings true. BTW the bottom post is the first one. It confused me at first so I thought I would give you a heads up.

Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health: Water Retention
Thank you for this!! It never occurred to me that my system would see losing weight as a stressful event and secrete more cortisol, but it makes perfect sense!

So...in light of this, I think I need to take it easy for a minute, I'm pushing too hard. Bring on the lc ice cream: )

Bron, yes I have been using the coconut bark!! If you haven't put shredded coconut in it yet, you've got to try it that way btw. And you've given me an idea.

I'm going to modify my IF-ing until the end of this challenge by adding delicious coconut bark to my fasting time. When I'm ready to start the next challenge, I can easily eliminate it again, or more likely just move it to after dinner.

misscobi, you are right about the calories. Low enough already.

happy2be, good on ya for making it to onederland!! That's a great accomplishment, and a wonderful way to start the summer!!

mswoods, it seems so unfair that right when you were ready to get back on the horse, the rug should trip you up! Um...maybe it's time for some nice, relaxed swimming? The perfect is the enemy of the good, as the saying goes: )

Cheers everyone!! Have a great day!!

Lynne

P.S. I almost forgot...scale says 181 this morning. And thank you so much for being here, my challenge-mates!!
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:01 PM   #1249
Major LCF Poster!

Considering the alternatives, you did OUTSTANDING! Little Debbie is the devil's daughter <gg> Hang in there, Michelle!
Old 06-13-2012, 01:03 PM   #1250
Major LCF Poster!

See, this is why I always miss Lynne's posts <gg> You and I must be on the same wavelength! We must have been typing at the same time. You're doing great, Lynne! The scale will catch up. It has to, right??? lol
Old 06-13-2012, 02:34 PM   #1251
Senior LCF Member

Oh little debbie is bad!!! We have a little Debbie outlet store near us that has day old little debbie boxes marked down to .50 for huge boxes. I used to get stuff for my kid's lunches and then realized I needed to stay outta there. New low today but still not to 179.9 so I must tarry on.

Keep strong, we're almost there!
Old 06-13-2012, 03:44 PM   #1252
Major LCF Poster!

Congrats on the new low, Elise! You're sooo close to that 179.9
Old 06-13-2012, 04:05 PM   #1253
Major LCF Poster!

Yesterday was an upsetting day around here. I didn't eat anything from our monthly office birthday party (victory #1). Met DH for lunch and only at the broiled chicken out of the McD's sandwich and part of my Diet Dr Pepper. Dinner was Golden Corral (agony of defeat?). I didn't cheat but at a lot and my stomach bothered me for a couple of hours. I did manage to drink 1.5 liters of water but no exercise.

This morning was coconut bark and coffee; lunch was about 4 oz of beef tips, green beans, and unsweet tea. I'm not sure if I want to eat dinner tonight or not.

No exercise this week, either...my schedule of work & stuff is really skewed this week and my stomach is bloated.

So...I haven't weighed but as soon as I feel thinner, I will.

Great work on everyone's victories!
Old 06-13-2012, 04:26 PM   #1254
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: heidihoopi
Stats: Hi-290/268/Current 247/175
WOE: LC-ish, LoCal
Start Date: Restart 10/20/14
*sigh* I hate to be the Debbie Downer of the group, believe me, but if I don't tell the truth, who am I hurting but myself. I am not back on track yet, and I seem to be eating everything in sight today. I am feeling fat as a bloated pig too. This is ridiculous I know it, but I am just out of control! I have got to get back in, I think it's all because I don't seem to be in control of the rest of my life right now, too many committments to others.

I am going to get back in control.

I think I am going to go for a walk even though it's 90 degrees outside, I need time away from it all just to meditate on what's going on..........
heidihoopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:28 PM   #1255
Major LCF Poster!

Glad you checked in heidi and am proud of you for being forthright. You can do this! Sometimes we have to get to a certain point before we turn return to what we need. I'm just as guilty as anyone. It's a slippery slope - one false move turns into two, which can become a week of anger, guilt, frustration, and hopelessness. We are all here for you and want to help you get back in control. I'm all ears if you need to talk.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:29 PM   #1256
Major LCF Poster!

I wasn't able to go back and edit my previous food post, but wanted to add that we back to McDonald's (again) and I had two Quarter Pounders w/o cheese and w/o bread. If I'm logging all my food correctly, here's what I get:

Calories 962
Carb 18
Fat 79
Protein 70
Old 06-13-2012, 11:06 PM   #1257
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Laila23
Stats: 192/187/170
I'm so glad that there's talk of a new challenge!

I had a mini-life crisis and completely forgot about weight loss. I was sick that time and lost about 2.5 lbs some of it has come back but now I'm ready to join you all again.

Definitely won't be meeting any goals before June 20th but I can at least gear up for the next challenge.

So happy that you all have continued to carry on the challenge. Keep up the good work!
Laila23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:04 AM   #1258
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you all for the congrats!!! It feels so good to be here!!!

Heidi~ Hang in there sweetie. You can get back to it....
Old 06-14-2012, 06:36 AM   #1259
Senior LCF Member

So sorry Heidi, but I'm glad you posted as I don't think any of us should disapear just because we had a bad day...week... month? We celebrate each other's accomplishments so we should be there to get through the tough times too. I floundered for so long doing many many crazy things to lose weight and then finally found what works for me which is shaking my metabolism up and not let it know what's coming. If what you are doing is not working, it may be time to try something else for a bit, keeping in mind that it needs to be something that you can live with the rest of your life. Also you need to try to understand why you are feeling out of control and take steps to remedy that. Don't worry this is just a stumbling block but you will overcome

I'm extremely chipper this morning. The scale showed 180 Technically goal is 179.9 but I'll take it. Still not "overweight" but only a little obese . I can't believe how well JUDDD works and I was one of IF's worst critics but I have lost 6 lbs in a little over 2 weeks. I am the slowest loser ever so this is unheard of. I'm so excited to finally be one of the losers. This moment has been 8 years in the making but I did it Better late than never I guess.

Last edited by brewstate; 06-14-2012 at 07:08 AM..
Old 06-14-2012, 08:09 AM   #1260
Major LCF Poster!

Bron, you did soooo well under the circumstances and should be so proud of yourself!!!

Heidi, it may not be time just yet... only you know when that is... but you probably need to go back to a really strict induction for a few days to a week, just to get things under control & to kick those cravings to the curb. You can do this and we're here to help. I'm glad you were able to be still check in here and be honest. It will get easier. Hugs...

Laila, welcome back! I won't be anywhere close to my June 20th goal and I've been here the whole time.

Elise! 180! Nice job!!!

I'm sitting at 240 this morning I am SO ready to put these 40's behind me!!! I've been in this 'decade' WAY too long!