Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2012, 07:29 PM   #1201
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: heidihoopi
WOE: LC My Way
This is a great thread, you may have already seen it in the Main Lobby, but I wanted to share it here for those of us who need inspiration/motivation/orakickinthepants!

What did it take for you to stay on woe?

heidihoopi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2012, 05:01 AM   #1202
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/192/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Down to a new low this morning. Sitting at 182 on the nose and I still haven't been good with my water consumption. I'm love JUDD and I'm seeing good results. the above weight even includes a night of sin and debauchery at Carinos italian restaurant...hint hint... bread may have been involved and I'm still losing.

Brownyn with a great exercise program its very possible you are just getting muscular. Keep it up and you'll thank yourself when the weight come off and you are a sheet of muscle below.

WTG everyone else, heidi I love cupcakes so I probably couldn't resist either but awesome portion control.

Last edited by brewstate; 06-08-2012 at 05:02 AM..
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:36 AM   #1203
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
WooHoo for new lows! Great job, Elise! I'm glad you're having success with JUDD.

I'm down another pound, but not back to my previous low yet. Still chugging water, logging everything, and even got in a little exercise yesterday
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:34 AM   #1204
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
Start Date: 06/22/09
Day one down yesterday! No alcohol, exercise, food good for the most part. Sat and shelled some brazil nuts last night for a while and it upped my carbs quite a bit, but net carbs were good.
MsWoods is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:41 AM   #1205
Major LCF Poster!

Great job, Michelle! Sounds like your motivation & determination have returned!
Old 06-08-2012, 10:43 AM   #1206
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Good job everyone!!

Day 3 with no sugar alcohols. Scale says 184 this morning, so grrrr. However, my skinny jeans fit a little better today, and I feel lighter!

Still haven't bought the Valrhona cocoa powder, but I did get some Hersheys.

We're getting a running start for the next challenge!! Onward and downward, my friends!!

Lynne
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:26 PM   #1207
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
Thanks for all the comments to my post. I did manage to get in all my exercise last night, so even with 'bad' food I managed to redeem myself in part! I didn't bother to weigh this morning, though.

I've been thinking of another reason for the scale sitting still --- last year I had a radical hysterectomy for uterine cancer and was put on an estrogen patch. Earlier this month, I had to see the gyno, who asked me if I wanted to continue with the patch. We decided for me to try without one. So...I'm wondering if my hormones are playing a part in all of this? The hot flashes are certainly back!!! I have a prescription to get the patch if I want to but am trying to hold out to see if I can get by without it.

I'm at work right now so can't type more...maybe tonight if DH isn't hogging the laptop!
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:04 PM   #1208

Aaaargh, scale went the wrong way this morning. But what can one do but soldier on.

Good on ya Tami!!
Old 06-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #1209
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
Hey ladies! I am all in for the Fall challenge!! I have a wedding Sept 15 for a very close friend and I want to get a HOT dress and feel confident in it! So count me in!!!
Scale was at 215.2 today... so down from yesterday, but still a full pound above my newest low... but I am getting used to this little game the scale and my body are playing... New low then up for a few days and takes 5-7 days to see it again. So I know I will get there, it is just a matter of having patience and staying strong!
We have all done so well... there have been so many individual challenges, but for the most part we have conquered these challenges and moved forward! If I haven't said it before... Thank you all for keeping me accountable! It has Definitely helped me stay on track and stay strong!

End of the World challenge 191.8/179.4/174

Getting Angry for Autumn Challenge 211.4/192.4/191.8
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:58 AM   #1210
Major LCF Poster!

I didn't weigh this morning, either but I do feel thinner for some reason. Maybe it's my 'sheet of muscle' that brew mentioned the other day. My top skin is still soft and gushy but I do feel a hardness on the muscles. I'm still 70 lbs overweight so I don't know why I'm expecting an overnight miracle.

What are your problem areas that you would most like to eliminate? Mine are my double chin and my lower stomach. Would you guys consider plastic surgery? Personally, I don't know if I would have anything done.

BTW - boop - how tall are you? I'm 5'3" - just curious for comparison since our stats are pretty close.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:21 AM   #1211
Senior LCF Member

Good morning all! Hanging at my new lowest weight so I'm happy with that.

Bronwyn, I find that my lower stomach is a problem too. Especially since I've had 3 kids. It wasn't that bad when I started but now since there is a lot of loose skin it droops and sags and looks awful. I'm highly convinced I could wear a smaller size if all that skin wasn't there (or all that fat, for that matter )

I was reading something on this forum about there being an extra pound of skin left for every 10 pounds you loose which makes sense and might explain why some of us who have come so far fit into much smaller pants but the scale is not always friendly to. I think some people have had it surgically removed but I prefer the natural route, unfortunately that involves letting your body play catch up.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:00 AM   #1212
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Weekend All! You're all doing so well!

Bronwyn, that makes perfect sense about the hormones! Certainly makes you wonder, doesn't it?

I would have a tummy tuck & breast lift if I could afford it and found a doctor I trusted... after I'm at goal, of course. Won't be holding my breath for that to happen! lol

I'm finally back down to my previous low of 242. Saw 241 briefly, so maybe by the Monday I'll have a new low?
Old 06-09-2012, 11:52 AM   #1213

Dam scale is going the wrong way, I've had a few bad days emotionally, I am depressed today, very down in the dumps... but I don't want to talk about it. I'm sure that's why I reached for the carbs.

I need to pull out some low carb books for inspiration and motivation and just sit and read, but I don't have the time, I am so busy I could cry. I wish I hadn't signed up to tour the Botanic Garden Sculpture exhibit this summer. But I don't feel I can pull out now. I need to start putting me and my needs first for a change.

I am only 2 lbs over my stats but i just hate seeing those 30's again that I worked so hard to get out of. *sigh* Makes one want to consider WLS. But I am far too chicken for that, too afraid of complications and it just seems so unnatural.

My problem areas are my saggy boobs, turkey neck skin is starting to develop and my stomach apron or pan...something.. what do the doctors call that yet, I forget? I would love to have a tummy tuck, boob lift and face and neck lift when I am done, but I am scared to death to do it. I'm sure I will have a full extra size or 2 in the stomach area when I am done losing due to skin. I mean if they removed it, I would go down a full size or 2. So until I get it done, clothes will fit me oddly kwim?

Last edited by heidihoopi; 06-09-2012 at 11:58 AM..
Old 06-09-2012, 12:42 PM   #1214
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidihoopi View Post
Makes one want to consider WLS.
I'm sorry you're struggling! You sound totally overwhelmed and I think most of us have been there. I had to start saying no a year or so ago to things I would have normally just do to avoid the hassle of saying no, finding someone else to do it, etc. We just can't live like that forever, though, and it's OK to focus on yourself. You have your hands full already!

The thing with WLS is that you still have to diet afterwards and many times trying to figure out how much of this or that you need, plus all of the supplements, is just as restrictive & annoying as dieting is now. I still keep WLS in the back of my head as a 'maybe', but I know I can lose the weight with what we're doing now & so can you. Really. It may not be today or tomorrow and it may have to wait until things aren't so crazy, but you can do this!

Old 06-09-2012, 12:47 PM   #1215

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
I'm sorry you're struggling! You sound totally overwhelmed and I think most of us have been there. I had to start saying no a year or so ago to things I would have normally just do to avoid the hassle of saying no, finding someone else to do it, etc. We just can't live like that forever, though, and it's OK to focus on yourself. You have your hands full already!

The thing with WLS is that you still have to diet afterwards and many times trying to figure out how much of this or that you need, plus all of the supplements, is just as restrictive & annoying as dieting is now. I still keep WLS in the back of my head as a 'maybe', but I know I can lose the weight with what we're doing now & so can you. Really. It may not be today or tomorrow and it may have to wait until things aren't so crazy, but you can do this!
Thanks Tami. And I agree with you about the WLS, it sounds like the easy way out at first, but in reality I think it would be it's own kind of struggle, and one just never knows what complications might happen. I think adding to my low mood is that I had hoped to be close to 200 by Aug 4th for a family wedding and I'm not 'on schedule' so to speak, to get there anymore...

In the past at times like this I would go and do Optifast again for a month or 2, and it's tempting because I lose fast on that. But it's expensive and I also lost my gall bladder doing it back in the late 80's when I lost 100 lbs in close to 7 months. I just really don't think my body can handle that kind of abuse anymore...

Last edited by heidihoopi; 06-09-2012 at 01:00 PM..
Old 06-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #1216
Major LCF Poster!

I am so far off of where I wanted to be by the end of this challenge it's not even funny. Not even close to being funny. It really does get frustrating and makes it so hard to stay on plan when it doesn't seem to be working anyway... I know. I'm the same weight now, finally, as I was on May 6th. Over a month of bouncing and not getting anywhere. It sucks, BUT we can do this. I have to do this. Just keep thinking how much better you will feel when that scale does start to move again.... and it will. We just have to stick with it. You've had great success so far, so you know how to make this work. Maybe trying something like Judd or intermittent fasting would work for you?
Old 06-09-2012, 01:03 PM   #1217

I actually have been considering Judd or IF or my own version of it. My lack of a gall bladder doesn't gell with that very well though. I start getting a lot of pain on my right side and the doctors don't know why. I've been pain free since January so I must be doing something right in that regard and I don't want to risk stirring that up again ya know? I'm kind of in a bind.

I know I just need to get back to start pushing the fluids again, I think that is the main area I have been slacking in. When I get busy, that is the first to go. Also I need to stay away from the little bites of this and that carb and the alcohol. But it's summer, and summer to me says "fun" and "relax" and and vacation and Ice Cream! and FOOD and Mojitos! And who wants to feel deprived, afterall those are some of the things that make life worth living dagnabit!$%#@&&%!!

Kwim?!!

Last edited by heidihoopi; 06-09-2012 at 01:09 PM..
Old 06-09-2012, 01:06 PM   #1218
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah, pain free is a good thing! Are you drinking enough water? Tracking food? Little things like that tend to be the first to go when I'm busy, but it really makes a difference when I do them. Been totally refocused this week and those are the two things that seem to be making the biggest difference.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:11 PM   #1219

Ya, I edited while you were typing, lol. Off and on I log, etc... it's being consistant when busy that is hard, and like I edited, I just want to enjoy life in the summertime, ya know?! and it's harder to resist when one is feeling low. I do appreciate your help Tami.

~

Last edited by heidihoopi; 06-09-2012 at 01:18 PM..
Old 06-09-2012, 01:19 PM   #1220
Major LCF Poster!

lol That's funny that we were both thinking the same thing about fluids, though And yeah, I know what you mean about summer... kind of hard to think of next summer, now, but omg can you imagine how we're going to look & feel next summer? And you know, there are low carb options to everything you mentioned Not the same, take preparation instead of just buying what you want, but we're so worth it
Old 06-09-2012, 01:26 PM   #1221

You know, maybe I will just take the rest of the day "off" and just eat whatever the H I want, indulge myself, and then start again tomorrow. Or maybe, not. whatever.

*sigh*

Later.........
Old 06-09-2012, 01:29 PM   #1222
Major LCF Poster!

LOL Later, Heidi I did that last weekend and I paid for it with 5 extra pounds, but being strict this week has taken care of that. Maybe you do need a little break? As long as you know you can refocus tomorrow?
Old 06-09-2012, 01:46 PM   #1223

Quote:
misscobi;15713895]LOL Later, Heidi I did that last weekend and I paid for it with 5 extra pounds, but being strict this week has taken care of that. Maybe you do need a little break?

As long as you know you can refocus tomorrow? [/

Ya, that's the kicker isn't it. This isn't supposed to be a diet mentality any longer, supposed to be a lifestyle that one doesn't go "off" or "on" from anymore. Easier said than done.

Thanks Tami, I better go get something done. I'm so glad that YOU are back on track girlfriend.

Last edited by heidihoopi; 06-09-2012 at 01:50 PM..
Old 06-09-2012, 07:00 PM   #1224
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
Bronwyn, I am 5'4".... So we are super close!!!
I was down to a new low today! 213!
I did body pump today though, so I am sure I will be up again tomorrow... But was good to be back at the gym after taking 3 weeks off! Now to just get into a routine again!
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:17 AM   #1225
Senior LCF Member

Sorry things are discouraging Heidi I haven't lost in a long time but now that I've moved to JUDDD I find things are moving down again so maybe you just need to shake it up a bit.

I weight this morning and was 181 so down another pound. IF really seems to agree with me as long as I can eat *a little* on my down days. I'm hoping staying mostly true to LC (although I've discovered I'm not as carb sensitive on JUDDD) and also doing IF will make things go faster. I never thought it would come to this but I'm a desperate woman and by george, it works, and is not as horrible as I imagined.

Soldier on ladies. Our goal deadline, it approaches.

Last edited by brewstate; 06-10-2012 at 05:20 AM..
Old 06-10-2012, 06:51 AM   #1226
Major LCF Poster!

I'm sorry to hear you're having a hard time, heidi. There are days when we just have to say 'to heck with it' and get the food/drink thing out of our system. It's a shame our state of mind effects every aspect of our being. My suggestion to you (because if I think hard about it, it works for me) is try to think back on when you didn't cheat or give it, and how proud and strong you felt! I was like that at the conference I attended last month. Granted, I've messed up a couple of times since, but at that moment, I was so proud of myself!

As for changing diets, if pain is associated with it, DON'T DO IT!!!

Weekends are the hardest for me because I don't drink enough fluids. I'm also quite lazy so little exercise is involved, either. If I had structured weekends it would be better but everything depends on how my husband feels. He's a poster child of paying the price for not doing what you should! He's fructose/lactose intolerant (diagnosed a few months ago at age 60) and he just can't help himself sometimes. Not only does he pay the price, but so do I, especially when we have something planned that I really want to do, only to cancel because he's an idiot!!!

Anyway, if nothing else, let's start counting our water starting tomorrow. I also need to go back to tracking food.

We've all come so far - we can do this!!! I'm so proud of all of us because we are strong and support on another. Our achievements aren't measured by the scale!
Old 06-10-2012, 07:19 AM   #1227
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidihoopi View Post
I'm so glad that YOU are back on track girlfriend.
Thank you! We will get through this

Quote:
Originally Posted by boop13 View Post
I was down to a new low today! 213!
YAY for new lows!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstate View Post
I weight this morning and was 181 so down another pound. IF really seems to agree with me as long as I can eat *a little* on my down days. I'm hoping staying mostly true to LC (although I've discovered I'm not as carb sensitive on JUDDD) and also doing IF will make things go faster. I never thought it would come to this but I'm a desperate woman and by george, it works, and is not as horrible as I imagined.
Yay! Another new low! So glad JUDD's working for you and you've got that scale moving again! WTG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
Anyway, if nothing else, let's start counting our water starting tomorrow. I also need to go back to tracking food.
Honestly, these are really the only changes I made this week in my attempt to refocus and it has made a world of difference & I also have a new low (for this time around anyway) this morning! I first hit 242 on May 6th and for the the first time in over a month I have a true loss! Wow. 241 this morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
We've all come so far - we can do this!!! I'm so proud of all of us because we are strong and support on another. Our achievements aren't measured by the scale!
Very well said! We can do this!!!
Old 06-10-2012, 08:03 AM   #1228
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Good morning everyone!!

I have an announcement: Scale said 180 this morning!! Gooooooaaaaallllll!!!!

Sugar alcohols aren't supposed to be able to stall you if you eat them once a day only...but for me, they do. Apparently. We'll see if this weight loss keeps up the pace.

Brew, JUDDD was a pretty good idea. I've found I'm not as carb-sensitive when IF'ing (I expect JUDDD would work the same way), too.

Congratulations on the new lows, folks!!

Very good point, Bronwyn - remember how great you felt when you resisted and won? Victory feels so much better than defeat!! We can use that memory to do it again!!

Keep on keeping on, ladies, we're almost there!!

Lynne

P.S. Idea for the folks considering IF-ing but not really excited about the idea of fasting (or even JUDDD-ing): what if you tried a) doing "perfect Atkins induction" during the day, and then in the evening during a very narrow window enjoy a regular low-carb dinner with (lc) treats; or b) fat-fasting during the day, and then in the evening during a very narrow window enjoy a regular low-carb dinner with (lc) treats?

In other words, confine your slight "badness" to a narrow time window. You might be able to "have your cake and eat it too" that way.

There might be something lurking in your diet, a favorite treat, that's actually creating a hormonal environment that won't let you lose weight. If you can only encounter that thing once a day, you might be able to accommodate it and still lose weight. This is the research that CAD and Fast Five are founded on, though I can't remember the study offhand.

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:55 PM   #1229
Major LCF Poster!

Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
Is there a new thread?
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:12 PM   #1230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian View Post
Is there a new thread?
No, not until June 20th, that's when summer starts and we begin the next leg of our journey and set new goals for autumn.

Ok, I had my pity party, and ate lots of crap today and I feel like crap too. UGH. Taught myself a lesson.

Tomorrow I start anew. Party's over. Thanks for your support everyone, I really appreciate it. Your so right, I need to look at how far I've come and how I felt when I was losing, I do want to feel that again!

Never give up, Onward and downward. No one ever said this would be easy!

Last edited by heidihoopi; 06-10-2012 at 11:19 PM..