Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2012, 08:15 AM   #1171
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Mmm... I'm going to have to look for that yogurt too, sounds good. I have also heard good things about carb master from kroger but alas we don't have one around us.

and drumroll please... I am .8 pounds away from my last low DURING TOM. I couldn't believe the scale this morning. I kept saying no way and stepping back on. Woot!

Hang in there guys. It will happen.
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2012, 09:14 AM   #1172
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: heidihoopi
WOE: LC My Way
229.2!!! ...and were off!

7 lbs to $500
heidihoopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:16 AM   #1173
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/173/120
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstate View Post
drumroll please... I am .8 pounds away from my last low DURING TOM. I couldn't believe the scale this morning. I kept saying no way and stepping back on. Woot!

Hang in there guys. It will happen.
Good on ya!!

I know it will happen for us, it's just taking its own sweet time sometimes.

I happened to look back over some of this thread's earlier posts (the beginning) yesterday. So many of us have come so far!! We should all be really proud of ourselves.

Lynne

P.S. Still. 182.

My original goal was 180 by the end of the challenge, and since that's only two pounds away and there's three weeks left to go (June 20), I feel pretty confident I'll make it. Torn between being happy about doing what I set out to do, and being slightly bummed that my rate of weight loss seems to have slowed down a LOT. 15 pounds in March, 10 pounds in April, 8 pounds in May. Same exact WOE, no exceptions. So is the slowdown normal?

Question: Should I take a break when I reach 180, resuming my regular low-carb lifestyle (i.e. more meals), if that happens before June 20...and then start the next IF challenge on the 21st? Or should I just press on with what is already working?

P.S.S. My plain greek gods yogurt says 5 g carbs per serving, which is half cup. I measured yesterday's serving, and that's a lot of yogurt! I don't add much in the way of sweetener to it, just blueberries and a little sprinkle of stevia powder.

500/2000 until the end of the challenge with NO TWEAKS.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #1174
Senior LCF Member

I was looking back at some old posts and realized that most of us are within just a few pounds of our June 22nd goal. Yay!

Back to lowest weight ever today but still in the midst of major TOM so I'm hoping I'm at least 4 pounds lower than that. Come on 179!
Old 06-02-2012, 10:28 AM   #1175
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
I haven't weighed in a few days because there's no sense in being disappointed. Thursday and Friday were BBBAADDD food days but I hope to get back on track this weekend. If I can just see 219 by June 30, then it will make me happy!

Have a great weekend everybody!
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:18 PM   #1176
Major LCF Poster!

Trying to get myself together and back on track. Here's my food for the last two days:

Sat
B - none
L - vinegar-based BBQ pork ribs, cabbage, diet Mt Dew
D - Bojangles skinless/boneless chicken bites, green beans, unsweet tea
E - out with the dogs and did some yard work

Sun
B - none
L - McDonald's McDouble w/o bread (2); diet Dr Pepper
D - Cobb salad @ Wendy's; diet Coke
E - same as yesterday; also helped husband change brakes on his F150
W - 2 small bottles
Old 06-04-2012, 08:33 AM   #1177
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Wow, crazy busy weekend and bad food choices Changing my stats to this morning's 249 and hitting it hard til at least July 4th!
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:16 AM   #1178
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone!!

It sounds like everyone had a busy weekend, and I as well.

Happy to report that the scale says 181 this morning, so finally a little movement! And one pound to the old goal!!

Off to run some errands. It's a gray, drizzly day here on the coast.

See you later!! Stay strong!!

Lynne
Old 06-04-2012, 05:40 PM   #1179
Major LCF Poster!

Great job, Lynne! I'm so happy for you!

B - none; coffee w/CO
L - 2 pork chops, stewed yellow squash, stewed cabbage; unsweet tea
D - 2 McDouble's w/o bread, Diet Dr Pepper
W - 40 oz
E - 15 minute strength, 1 hour Callanetics, 1 hour cardio

I may step on the scale in the morning, just out of curiosity...
Old 06-05-2012, 04:16 AM   #1180
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning, Lovelies!

The scale said 222 this morning - far better than expected.

I was reading some other threads last night and one was about coconut oil. Made coconut bark last night after hearing so many good things about it --- it was DELICIOUS! This may have to be my reward for exercise nightly as described in my last post.

Ingredients - 2 tbs coconut oil (heated in microwave for about 10 sec until melted), 1 tbs cocoa powder, 2 pkt Splenda (I like my chocolate sweet). Mix it all together and put in a wax paper-lined container. Put it freezer for about 30 minute to it to harden. Because of the size container I used my portion side was very flat and about the diameter of my fist. For a 2 carb treat, it was really, really, good!
Old 06-05-2012, 06:50 AM   #1181
Major LCF Poster!

Great job, Lynne & Bronwyn! Bron, you worked out for over 2 hours!?! Wow girl! I'm impressed!!!
Old 06-05-2012, 10:37 AM   #1182
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
Hello ladies!
I have missed a lot of updates, as I have not been able to long in much lately, but looks like the chalenge is still going strong, and so am I! I am down to 214.2 today! So I have surpassed my mini summer goal of 215!!! I don't think I can hit the 200 mark by the end of this challenge, but I'm going to get as close as I can!
Breakfast- homemade protein shake
Lunch- quarter chicken with 2 laughing cow wedges
Dinner- going out with the girls so some kind of meat and a salad

End of the World challenge 191.8/179.4/174

Getting Angry for Autumn Challenge 211.4/192.4/191.8
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:02 AM   #1183
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boop13 View Post
I am down to 214.2 today! So I have surpassed my mini summer goal of 215!!!
Well done, Boop!!

Lynne

P.S. Scale says 183 today. Sigh. I think it's just water retention. Come on, 180!!

P.S.S. I wonder how much fear holds back our weight loss? I've been noticing that in my own life, fear was probably why I put the weight on in the first place - for a protective layer - and now that it's coming off, I'm feeling a lot of weird fears again. Am I the only one, or is this pretty common? Comments?

I'm trying to replace the protective layer of blubber with GROWLINESS. Just knowing that I can go growly on people makes me feel better.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:03 AM   #1184
Major LCF Poster!

I am so proud of you, Boop! Keep up the good work!
Old 06-05-2012, 12:45 PM   #1185
Senior LCF Member

Thanks ladies! And Lynne, I agree... These last 72 weeks I have just not had the time to stress about my weight and I seem to be doing much better again! (Mind you I have a lot of stress going on in my life right now, so I am sure that contributes to it).
Old 06-06-2012, 05:21 AM   #1186
Major LCF Poster!

The scale said 223.5 this morning - aaahhhh!!! Not enough water yesterday!

Yesterday's food:
B - coffee w/coconut oil
L - sliced baked ham, yellow squash, cabbage; unsweet tea
D - 2 broiled pork chops, green beans, unsweet tea
E - 12 minutes strength training; 1 hour Callanetics
Old 06-06-2012, 08:01 AM   #1187
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
Start Date: 06/22/09
Ive got to get it together and get back on track. With everything. I had my break, oh yes super fun (*sarcasm noted). I need to get it back together. Exercise. Food. Just do it. No more thinking about it.
MsWoods is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:11 AM   #1188
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome back, Michelle!

Scale says 183 still this morning. I've come to the AWFUL realization that my weight loss has stalled out completely the last two weeks. Coincidentally, two weeks ago I bought a container of low carb ice cream, my nemesis, and yesterday I finished it.

So. I guess this means I'm cutting sugar alcohols out of my life until I get to goal. I really hate that idea. LC ice cream makes the world go round. Doesn't it?

Coconut bark, here I come.

Just do it.

Lynne
Old 06-06-2012, 10:25 AM   #1189
Major LCF Poster!

YAY Boop!!!

Welcome back, Michelle!

You can do it, Lynne! You're so close to that 170 mark! I hear you on the fears, too. The mind games we play with ourselves really are odd, aren't they? We really can do this, though. I'm trying very hard to not listen to those nagging naysayers in my head anymore. They're not good for me!

Bron, I'm still way impressed with your workout! Chug that water

Well, I'm totally motivated again & hitting this hard... we'll see. Scale may have moved a pound to 148 this morning, but it was close & I'm really looking for MORE so will hold off on calling it for now.

Great job, ladies! Keep up the great work!
Old 06-06-2012, 12:22 PM   #1190
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: heidihoopi
WOE: LC My Way
I'm baaaack! Gone for a long weekend to Steamboat Springs, had a really nice time, good to get away. This is the first time EVAH that I've gone on a vacation and came back the same weight, stayed at my new low no less-229!! I took a little notebook along to log my food, I think that helped and the fact that there was no way I ever wanted to see those 30's again! I had some little cheats now and then, a few fries, a bite or 2 of DH's desserts, a few sips of wine, etc, but I was very conscious of what would happen on the scale if I went overboard and I did not want to go there, and I didn't! Btw, I took my 'miracle' yogurt along!

I'm on plan! Hope you all are too.

~

Last edited by heidihoopi; 06-06-2012 at 12:24 PM..
heidihoopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:31 PM   #1191
Senior LCF Member

up .4 today (cause I had a few Pita chips with the girls last night and a glass of wine) But was right back on track today.
Breakfast - Protein Shake + Coffee with cream
Lunch - Sausage dipped in mayo with fried onions
Dinner - Canadian bacon & scrambled cheesy eggs
snacks - 7 almonds, 12 pistachios, cheese&pepperoni slices
Old 06-06-2012, 10:33 PM   #1192
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Darn it Heidi.... I need to go on a hunt for this yogurt!!!!!! I checked one store and nothing. I need a miracle food.
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:41 AM   #1193
Senior LCF Member

Well... I'm u to 216 again didn't drink much water yesterday though. So pounding back the water today!
Breakfast - protein shake, coffee with cream +coconut oil, WATER
Lunch + dinner no idea yet but DEF lots of water!!!
Old 06-07-2012, 09:13 AM   #1194
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm done. Had my last hoorah last night. (Which was actually my first high carb food this whole month lol. Now I can say I tasted the Dorito Taco from taco bell so if they stop selling it, I will have had it. I hate when new cool food comes out now days and I don't get to taste it.)

I did get my food ready last night brought it this morning and I'm ready to get back after it. I had to mentally say and have my "last meal" so to speak. Now back on it and pushing towards onderland, even though I won't make it by my 3 year lowcarbaversary. I think I want to skip my lowcarbaversary. Too much stress to think about it.

So my menu for today:
B-coffee, Linda Sues chicken sausage casserole w/miracle rice (i tweaked it and each serving is 3.16g carbs and 134calories! I'm good, I know)
L-same as breakfast
S-ice coffee or a cherry slushie I'm going to attempt to make today with either Kool aid or cherry jello.
D-I think shiratake w/turkey sausage? Or Buttoni's Mexican shrimp with green chili's if I feel like cooking.

So are we going to do another challenge since technically the summer challenge is almost over? Like start fresh? I did my best work in the beginning, I need a new beginning lol.

Last edited by MsWoods; 06-07-2012 at 09:14 AM..
Old 06-07-2012, 09:38 AM   #1195
Major LCF Poster!

Back down to 221.5 this morning!
Yesterday's eats:
B - coffee with creamer
L - sirloin tips, green beans, collards, unsweet tea
D - 2 McDoubles from McDs w/o bread, bottled water
W - 40 oz
E - 1 hour Callanetics, 1 hour cardio, 15 minutes strength training
Reward/Snack - coconut bark after all my exercise. I exercise at night so my snack helps with elimination in the morning.

Congrats, MsWoods on your last hoorah! You are so close and I know you can do it! I recently found Buttoni's blog and there are some great recipes there that I would like to try.

Glad you enjoyed your long weekend, heidi. I try food logs every now and again but I think just telling you guys what I eat has helped me. I should track my carbs, though.

Boop - don't let that little gain get you down. You're my inspiration and hope to soon be in the teens with you. Sometimes it's hard to get all the water in, especially if your routine is altered. That, and I can't stand tapwater and cold water. I buy bottles and leave them out to get room temperature and then forget to take them to work.

Keep up the good work everybody!
Old 06-07-2012, 09:40 AM   #1196
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoods View Post
So are we going to do another challenge since technically the summer challenge is almost over? Like start fresh? I did my best work in the beginning, I need a new beginning lol.
Yes maam!! However...can I finish this one? I'm a person who needs to finish what I start.

If you need to start fresh now, I totally support that, too. Start a new challenge, and I'll be a two-challenge girl until the 20th. Hey, maybe I'll lose twice as much weight that way!!

Lynne

P.S. I didn't weigh today. No sugar alcohols last night, though!! Yay me!! And yay, coconut bark, my old friend. How I've missed your chocolatey goodness with the pecans and the shredded coconut.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:47 AM   #1197
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
Yes maam!! However...can I finish this one? I'm a person who needs to finish what I start.

If you need to start fresh now, I totally support that, too. Start a new challenge, and I'll be a two-challenge girl until the 20th. Hey, maybe I'll lose twice as much weight that way!!

Lynne

P.S. I didn't weigh today. No sugar alcohols last night, though!! Yay me!! And yay, coconut bark, my old friend. How I've missed your chocolatey goodness with the pecans and the shredded coconut.
I see the first day of summer is the 20th. So I'll use this time to try to get some of the pounds of I'm holding onto. Not weighing, just going to put in my all and I'll weigh the 20th for some kind of autumn challenge?
Old 06-07-2012, 12:02 PM   #1198
Senior LCF Member

Still here my sister came for a visit so I didn't get the computer much. Still fighting to get into the 170's but not making much progress. I will get there dagnabit! I'm up for a fall challenge and will try to bring in better numbers than I did on this one. I wasn't optimistic and wanted to get to 179.xx which is close but still elusive to me.

Great Job Michelle, get back on plan and get into those hundreds

Lynne I'm still fighting with the Sugar Alcohol demons and think most days they win but I haven't given up yet. Willpower, that's what I'll ask for for my birthday

On a plus note though, I went to a thrift store to buy some motivation pants which were too small in size 14 and they all fit, even the size 12 so woot for that!

Last edited by brewstate; 06-07-2012 at 12:05 PM..
Old 06-07-2012, 12:24 PM   #1199
Major LCF Poster!

You guys are doing so well!

Glad you're back at it, Michelle! I so should have tried one of those while I was off plan last weekend! lol Oh-well... sigh... lol

Elise, I bet if you dropped the SA for a week you'd be in those 170's WooHoo on the itty bitty new pant sizes!

I've dropped the 5 pounds of water I put on over the weekend. I'm back at 244 which my body seems to really really love, so I'm hoping & praying that momentum will carry me out of the 240's! Ugh.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:16 PM   #1200
Major LCF Poster!

I'm all for a challenge overhaul! Today wouldn't have been too bad had it not been for the chicken & pastry I had for lunch today (they had no other entree to go with the vegetables.) Collards and squash went on the plate too, along with unsweet tea.

Dinner was 10 'naked' chicken wings, celery, ranch dressing, and diet pepsi.

Once my food settles, I will get up the gumption to exercise, though I really don't want to.

(and I wonder why I can't get below 221!!! I'm self-sabotaging again...)

I'm thinking that I'm putting on muscle and losing fat and the scale is slow moving from that??? Four - five days a week should get me where I want to be physically, but the scale and my own eating habits are making it difficult.