Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2012, 07:32 AM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LadyPeacock
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Febuary 2009
Hi
I just found this challenge. Is it too late to join in? I so need a kick in the pants to get some of this weight off. I've been stuck in the 190's for wks now and want to get down to at least 160 by summer. I'm doing lowcarb so any tips/tricks are welcome. I'm also starting on the elliptical. I've made progress on that this week. I no longer have to push the pedal with my hand to get it started. lol. So I think I've strengthened my legs a little.

We have a getaway planned in June and will be seeing a lot of friends and I want to look my best by then.

So if you let me in, I promise to be good. ...well most of the time.
LadyPeacock is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2012, 07:39 AM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/192/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Wow Amgarrett616, its nice knowing someone who lives so close. We live in Bentonville and I never meet too many other people from Arkansas online. Great Job on the 1.2 pound weight loss You'll be below 200 before you know it. I remember fighting my way down to 199 and for 5 days strait the number sat at 200.0 and I nearly threw my scale in the nearest lake but it did eventually happen.

Boop, if I had a 3.4 pound weight loss in a night I would probably run around the neighborhood yelling until someone called the police. WTG

You're more than welcome to join LadyPeacock. I'm fighting out of the horrible 190's too and it would be nice to break through them together.

Luck to all of you this week! Now I must stop avoiding work. Boo!

Last edited by brewstate; 03-01-2012 at 07:43 AM..
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:43 AM   #93
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sweetpoison
Stats: 225/224/160
WOE: 80/20 PRIMAL
Start Date: 08/22/2014
o.K. folks...... I am now back on plan. It has been a rough couple days with the new dog (stray) and trying to figure out what I am doing with him and the old man getting on my last nerve.......

I have now buckled down.

Breakfast: 2 eggs with pork chop...(left over)
Lunch: Salad with chicken
Dinner: Not positive yet

Hope all are doing well.
sweetpoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:51 AM   #94
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sandylee
Stats: start 162/current 151/goal 135
Start Date: Jan 29,2012
Exciting to have such a nice group for this challenge. We are all in the same boat .

I did well yesterday and dropped a pound down to 151.5 this morning - PSYCHED! I ate a HB egg for breakfast, lunch was large bacon cheeseburger with mushrooms and onions (no bun of course) Dinner I just picked at leftovers, nuts and cheese. Later I had one slice of SpongeBobs flax bread toasted with butter and skim of Peanut Butter (Delicious!!)

My goal is 135 and at my age (59), every pound is such a struggle.(started this LC round a month ago at 162, just before this challenge weighed 154.5 and hovered there for 2 weeks -

I have developed plantar fasciitis so walking exercise is almost impossible (i need to rest that foot as much as possible)

Alcohol is hard to avoid on the weekends. I have been allowing one glass of wine or one shot of vodka with soda water and lime. I usually stall over the weekends but stick to LC otherwise.

Currently I am a flabby size 14, I remember the taute body in 10s Very well and that is worth all the effort, I need to lower my BS and BP and all of this is moving in the right direction. And one said Size 10 is my goal - better than shooting for a number!

I see others with similar weight and ailments so we can share "notes". I need to watch the calories too.

I cheer Everyone on, we are In It To WIN It and by summer we will ALL be at or closer to goal!! I'll post daily what I eat and exercise.
Hip Hip Hurrah _ lets do this!!

Restart 1/29/12 162.5
Current 3/1/12 151.5
Goal 135
Sandylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:53 AM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 253.6/253.6/180 -- 5'11"
WOE: low carbin' it :)
Start Date: February 19, 2013
Good morning!!! Well, back to work today after a snowday yesterday!

Got my workout in this morning & feeling good :-) We can do this!

Sweetpoison- good luck with the dog! :-) What kind is it?

Brew- awesome loss!!

Jody- .5 is great! Good job!

I'm excited to weigh Monday! I want to be out of these 240's ASAP!
HealthyWifeForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:04 AM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyPeacock View Post
Hi
I just found this challenge. Is it too late to join in? I so need a kick in the pants to get some of this weight off. I've been stuck in the 190's for wks now and want to get down to at least 160 by summer. I'm doing lowcarb so any tips/tricks are welcome. I'm also starting on the elliptical. I've made progress on that this week. I no longer have to push the pedal with my hand to get it started. lol. So I think I've strengthened my legs a little.

We have a getaway planned in June and will be seeing a lot of friends and I want to look my best by then.

I am doing fine so far, IF-ing. I've been indulging myself in 2 L of sparkling water every day, I do believe that's helping!

Lynne
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:52 AM   #97
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/226.2/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
Happy everyone!

Eh, still at 231.8 this morning, but I've already dropped a ton this week, so I can't be mad. I knew I shouldn't have weighed this morning. Weight fluctuates and I knew I wouldn't probably be down. I need to try to stay off the scale except every couple days lol. It's soooooooo hard.

It's going to be in the 70's here too today. I really want to take a walk and try to run a bit. Besides whatever else I do today. There is an ab/glute class I go to on Thursdays but it puts a lot of stress on my knee so I don't think I will today. Depends on what else I can find. I'm also going to see if there are some Les Mills body combat/step dvds. You would think there would be. I would like to do it more than just when the classes are offered at the gym.

I'm really motivated and trying to get where I'm going. Tomorrow is Friday, Weekend, I'm scared. Stay strong self, stay strong!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boop-Great job! That's fantastic!

My tentative menu today:
B-coffee/1 packet sweet & low/Miracle rice w/alfredo (if needed)
L-Chicken tortilla soup w/MR (minus tortilla)
D-Turkey/tofu chili over MR w/cheddar and sour cream
S-Cheesy MR/1 grilled great value chicken breast fillet

I probably won't eat all of that but I log it in to allow myself enough if I'm hungry.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:12 AM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Wow! Lots of losses this morning! Way to go ladies!!! Love the 203, Amgarrett616!

Welcome LadyPeacock & SandyLee!

I didn't weigh this morning, but still sticking to plan. Yesterday was eggs, eggs, and a low carb burger (yum!). I generally eat really simple during the day and rotate between eggs & tuna, then have something a little tastier for dinner with hubby. Not sure what tonight will be yet, but I've got my hb eggs and/or tuna for breakfast & lunch ready to go.
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:18 AM   #99
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: catr31
Stats: 205/169/145
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Restarted 1/3/14
Lots of nice losses this morning!

For me, I'm exactly the same as yesterday but I don't lose everyday anyways, usually once or twice a week the scale drops.
catr31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:23 AM   #100
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hi

Jump right in, I think we have a great group forming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpoison View Post
o.K. folks...... I am now back on plan. It has been a rough couple days with the new dog (stray) and trying to figure out what I am doing with him and the old man getting on my last nerve.......

I have now buckled down.
I have been off and on a lot over the past couple of months and I too am now buckled down. I am back to basics, meat or eggs and a veggie.

Today is roast beef for lunch and baked chicken and asparagus for dinner.
catr31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:36 AM   #101
Junior LCF Member

Cathy I see we are similar in size right now - do you find you need to watch the calories too? and Oh I hope and pray I can see some sort of loss once a week. I need more exercise but right not it is not easy with heel pain.

I will enjoy seeing what others eat daily, helps keep me on track.

Sandylee
Old 03-01-2012, 10:06 AM   #102
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: daisyHair
Stats: 257/228/140
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 5' 4" 50 Years Old
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelattegurl View Post
Good Morning and happy March!! Spring is just around the corner, yay! to all the new comers!

Last night I had a butt kicking zumba work out. I discovered moves, I didn't know I had! lol. Today Im hitting the gym again on my lunch hour for a 2 mile jog. Here is what the menu looks like today.

B: Kefir smoothie w/frozen strawberries, fresh spinach, agave nectar.
S: 1/2 C cottage cheese, 20 red seedless grapes.
L: 2 turkey burgers (no bun), grilled asparagus w/portabello mushrooms.
D: 2 lean turkey sausage brawts cooking in the crock pot as I type. Along with some roasted cauliflower.
S: (if needed) 3/4 C plain greek yogurt & a tangerine.

The 211 range is where my body likes to stay too! Ive been hovering around 209 - 214 for the past month. Im definitely upping my exercising and measuring calorie intake this time to see if I can tweak something to get things moving again!
Good luck! I have got to get off my arse.. I have not been getting any exercise the last two days.. it's so pretty out but I keep finding stuff I have to do around the house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amgarrett616 View Post
Brewstate, when u said 73 here I had to check ur stats and sure enough ur from Arkansas! I'm from around ft smith. small world huh?

I'm very excited to report I'm down today!!! The .6 I gained is out the door along with another .6. I'm at 203.4!!!

Hurray!!!
Hi! I am from Conway, AR originally... Go Hogs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post

I am doing fine so far, IF-ing. I've been indulging myself in 2 L of sparkling water every day, I do believe that's helping!

Lynne
I want to try to do IF one day a week.. I tried a while back and it really was not a good thing.. I think it triggered binge eating for me.. or my mental association with feeling deprived at all... I think I am doing better lately. Maybe one day a week would be doable.
Do you have cream in your coffee in the AM even when you do an IF day? What time to you open your eating window? Dinner?

~~~~~~~~~
so yesterday was good.. I tend to munch a little here and there all day... no real meals until dinner and that's pretty light usually. Had HWC and coffee twice in the AM... then lots of Boar's Head london port thru the day (I tend to just go to the fridge every once in a while.. get some out and weigh it and munch on it for a while.. and repeat! )
I also had 2 oz Boursin cheese and blueberries later in the day with some HWC. And 36 almonds (again.. not all at one time)..

My ****** total was 1876 calories and 37 carbs. (and I am still in ketosis)..
I had salmon and wasabi/lime aoili (just mayo, fresh lime juice and wasabi paste) with green beans roasted to death in CO... one of my fav. meals right now..

Scale has not moved. I need to work on more water and get outside for my walking again soon..

Happy first day of March lovelies!

Last edited by daisyHair; 03-01-2012 at 10:12 AM..
daisyHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:20 AM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
Question for anyone with experience... So I have my weekly Zumba classes (for another month for now) but I want to incorporate the treadmill into my weekly routine.
Have any of you ever done a couch 2 5k? I figure it is a great way for me to stay focused and committed to the treadmill... If you have done this, what was it like? and did you stick with it? I have never been one to run, but would like to try.
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:21 AM   #104
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandylee View Post
Cathy I see we are similar in size right now - do you find you need to watch the calories too? and Oh I hope and pray I can see some sort of loss once a week. I need more exercise but right not it is not easy with heel pain.

I will enjoy seeing what others eat daily, helps keep me on track.

Sandylee
Yes I definitely need to watch the calories and the fat intake. Right now I'm doing that by skipping breakfast or having something small like a piece of cheddar cheese, then not eating a full meal until lunch. Ketosis keeps my hunger under control so I am not really that hungry in the mornings. I do eat some fats(butter, mayo, salad dressing) but don't go out of my way to add it. I don't actually count calories but I do try to just eat until satisfied(not always easy). On the weekends I tend to eat more just because it's easier for me to fall off the wagon when I feel deprived.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:44 AM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boop13 View Post
Question for anyone with experience... So I have my weekly Zumba classes (for another month for now) but I want to incorporate the treadmill into my weekly routine.
Have any of you ever done a couch 2 5k? I figure it is a great way for me to stay focused and committed to the treadmill... If you have done this, what was it like? and did you stick with it? I have never been one to run, but would like to try.
I did couch to 5k years ago... before they had the awesome iphone/pod apps! I thought it was amazing! You're likely in better shape than I was when I started, but I was able to get through each week. I felt like I was going to die by the end of the week, but it never failed, the next week I'd be able to do what seemed impossible the week before. It showed me just how quickly your endurance can increase. I want to say I was around 200 pounds when I started and didn't see a huge change in weight, but it felt amazing to be able to run (slow jog really) for a half an hour. I had knee pain when I first started, but your body adapts and it all just goes away. It was a great experience and, obviously, I should have stuck with it! btw, I hated running before, though I had done quite a bit in high school sports long ago. It really is doable for most people. Oh, and I guess there are two popular apps out there, a knock-off that actually seems to have more downloads and one from the original (want to say it came from runnersworld or something like that) so do a bit of research before downloading the app.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:26 AM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
Thanks misscobi! I downloaded one for my blackberry it seems pretty good, I do have an ipod may see if I can find one of those for it.
I did 20 min to start today... wasn't sure if I could do it... but I did!
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:26 AM   #107
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sweetpoison
Stats: 225/224/160
WOE: 80/20 PRIMAL
Start Date: 08/22/2014
Quote:
Hi

All are welcome at any point....
sweetpoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:50 AM   #108
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks misscobi! I downloaded one for my blackberry it seems pretty good, I do have an ipod may see if I can find one of those for it.
I did 20 min to start today... wasn't sure if I could do it... but I did!
Great job!
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:06 PM   #109
Junior LCF Member

Today Thursday food
Breakfast - 1/3C 4% cottage cheese
1T unsweetened blueberries
1Egg 1 Bacon 1/2 pc american cheese

Lunch (my daughter's birthday party)
salad with buffalo shrimp and chicken, Blue cheese dressing
1 sliver of whipped cream cake (I made it with splenda in Wh Cream covering chocolate wafers ) not totally LC but not as bad a real cake - My big no-no for today.

Dinner will be very little and totally LC.
Lots of water to flush and hopefully hold the pound I lost from yesterday!!!
Old 03-01-2012, 01:14 PM   #110
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SNJenny
Stats: 170, 184 / 171 / 110....5'2
WOE: Atkins Re-started WOL July 2008 @ 184 !!
Start Date: 06/01/06..Re-started July '08 @ 184
@misscobi: Thanks for the warm welcome I'm so loving this thread :-)

Just here to check in for the day. I Officially started Thursday last week; 23th Feb so today is my official weigh in day and I'm down 5lbs from 190lbs to 185lbs I haven't really started seriously working out yet but I swim once a week & today for the first time in 4 years I got on the elliptical for about 10 mins, thats all I could take I'll keep going till I can get to at least 45 mins. Super excited
[COLOR=Magenta]BUT SEEK YE FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS AND ALL THESE THINGS SHALL BE ADDED UNTO YOU (MATTHEW 6:33)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy]June 1st - 170

[COLOR="Green"]weight-166 ,Height-5'2,shouder-38.50,chest-36.75
waist-32.10,abdmn-37.75,hip-46.50,thigh-26,
thigh skin fold 24.4,suprailium(abdomen) skin fold-29
bodyfat-31.7%, BMI-30.4, body fat weight 52.7lbs [/COLOR]
SNJenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:23 PM   #111
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
I would like to join this summer challenge! My goal is to lose 30 lbs by June 20th. the first day of summer!

MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:25 PM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shoelattegurl
Stats: 255/209/175
WOE: 17 Day Diet
Start Date: 10/30/2011
Quote:
I didn't do the actually "couch to 5k" program, but I did google the idea and found a running schedule plan from a running coach. She mapped out what to do every day each week to get you ready for a 5k race. She had a program for a 10k, half and full marathon also. It was really great. It went something like this: week 1 M-W-F run for 1mile at your own pace. T-R-S do some sort of light strenght training and stretching. Then week 2 going forward it was opposite days of running and weight training/stretching. Good luck! Its a great feeling completing your first 5k!
Old 03-01-2012, 02:02 PM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyHair View Post
Do you have cream in your coffee in the AM even when you do an IF day? What time to you open your eating window? Dinner?
I have cream in my coffee, or half and half actually. Cream would be better, but it's too expensive for me right now. I'm not using any AS in coffee these days, because I think it causes me trouble.

I have dinner at 5, and that's pretty much it except for sunflower seeds in the evening (TV snack).

We're all doing so good!

Lynne
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:16 PM   #114
Big Yapper!!!!

I think I may do a body combat class today. If I can manage to slip away from work a tad early. Or I could go to the one at 6:30 but I really don't like one of the instructors. Then again the other instructor is very attractive so maybe it makes up for the sucky one
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:22 PM   #115
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: daisyHair
Stats: 257/228/140
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 5' 4" 50 Years Old
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
I have cream in my coffee, or half and half actually. Cream would be better, but it's too expensive for me right now. I'm not using any AS in coffee these days, because I think it causes me trouble.

I have dinner at 5, and that's pretty much it except for sunflower seeds in the evening (TV snack).

We're all doing so good!

Lynne
Sounds very good.. I made it to 4pm today - then I had 2 oz of moz and 1 oz of pepperoni. (I swear I was Italian in another life)!. That's actually really good for me to make it that long!. You inspired me

I am making dinner around 7pm I think. I will slowly work into a truly 24 hr IF soon I hope. I did have HWC and Half & Half (a mix of both) in my coffee (s) this AM.
daisyHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:15 PM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

Location: Arkansas --aka too far away from where I'd like to be ;)
Gallery: Amgarrett616
Stats: 228/193.0/140
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/06/11
After a trip to the dentist today I feel like I didn't do so hot. I only got about 60 oz of water and not nearly enough calories. I worked out today too. I bet I'm up in the morning
Amgarrett616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:50 PM   #117
Big Yapper!!!!

I bet im up too. I got more than enough water in, cals and carbs low, worked out, but for some reason when i drink tap water and not filtered, i dont pee enough lol.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:08 AM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
I'm still stuck at 238 but it's probably because of the greek olives and feta cheese I ate last night. At least now they're gone and there are no more to eat! Maybe I should make myself more accountable by telling you what I'm eating:

Thursday:
B - 2 italian sausage links leftover from night before; 1 mug of ginger tea w/2 Sweet & Low packets

L - Tuna fish salad wrap from Jimmy John's (lettuce, tuna, cucumber); kosher pickle; water

D - slice of meatloaf, green beans; unsweet ice tea w/2 Sweet & Low packets

Snack - the evil greek olives and feta cheese

Water total - 2 liters
Exercise - 30 minute walk
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:19 AM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/192/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Good Morning, Good Morning! Checking in today. Did quite nicely yesterday although a massive headache prevented me from exercising but otherwise good. Weight stayed constant at 190.2 (I really fight to get it to anything that ends with a 9 LOL).

Menu today:
hot tea/heavy cream/davincis
scrambled eggs w/ cheese/turkey sausage
Lunch: Probably salad or whatever is in my fridge
Dinner: Chili with eden black soy beans

MsWoods I'm such a scale junkie too. I can't seem to stay off the thing but I really need to work on it and not let it determine whether I have a good day or a bad one. You would think after all these years of low carbing I would be better, but I'm not

Also a little question. Do you guys find that increasing your water really helps with your weight loss? I try but I hate water so I have been mixing up some crystal light (bad, I know) and then making a VERY weak version maybe about a gallon or gallon and a half from one packet and drinking that. It may be slowing me down but I can stomach that but strait water is hard.

Last edited by brewstate; 03-02-2012 at 06:22 AM..
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:28 AM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JodyJane
Stats: 252H/ 222.8 C/ ?
WOE: Chris Powell Carb Cycling
Start Date: Daily
Good Morning everyone!
WOW, you are all doing so well, I am so proud of this group!
I am down to 222.2. A 2# loss from yesterday. How is this even possible? I know its water weight, but Holy Crap!

B: chai tea (my once a week endulgence) 2 eggs
L: cod fillets, applesauce-no sugar
D: another cod fillet, large salad
S; if needed-string cheese

I hope everyone has a great day and an even better weekend. Stay on plan and remember we are all in this together
JodyJane is offline   Reply With Quote