Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2012, 07:18 PM   #1141
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: heidihoopi
Stats: 293/244/174
WOE: LC My Way
Ya, don't worry about that Bron, there are weeks I can't do it either. I want to, but just don't have the time. Only do it if the spirit moves you.

Bron and Lynne, I guess it's your turns to shine, I'm so glad the scale is moving for you two!
Quote:
4) Chocolate is cheaper than therapy.
I agree, Buy it!

Kinda agravated that mine is not budging one iota. I just don't know what to do except be patient.....

Making Linda's Sue's Tuscano soup tonight, maybe that's the ticket!

Last edited by heidihoopi; 05-24-2012 at 07:21 PM..
heidihoopi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2012, 07:31 PM   #1142
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
Hi boop13, Do you have to watch carbs when you do up the fat??

I'm a little stuck and need some help.....
I usually try to keep my carbs under 20-30. I must confess, I haven't been tracking like I should be... so I cannot say if they changed much, but really all I did was add some extra butter(sometimes cheese too) to any veggies I have, mayo with my meat I make a franks/butter sauce anytime I have chicken... Seemed to work for me!
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:09 AM   #1143
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/173/120
WOE: JUDDD
Good morning, everyone!!

Not much to report today...scale says 183.

Deep thought for the day:

"All truly wise thoughts have been thought already a thousand times; but to make them truly ours, we must think them over again honestly, till they take root in our personal experience." - Johann Goethe

Cheers to that with sparkling water!!

Lynne
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:40 AM   #1144
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Ooops forgot to check in this morning! No changes here. lol. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:10 PM   #1145

No movement on the scale today either, *sigh*. Dang it. And here comes Memorial Day weekend! I'm sure DH will be whipping up a pitcher of Mojitos, we grow mint in our garden, and I will be powerless to resist.
What's a girl to do , life goes on.

Have a great weekend everyone! Just watch the food, Enjoy but don't overdo!

~

Last edited by heidihoopi; 05-25-2012 at 02:12 PM..
Old 05-25-2012, 02:48 PM   #1146
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by heidihoopi View Post
No movement on the scale today either, *sigh*. Dang it. And here comes Memorial Day weekend! I'm sure DH will be whipping up a pitcher of Mojitos, we grow mint in our garden, and I will be powerless to resist.
What's a girl to do , life goes on.

Have a great weekend everyone! Just watch the food, Enjoy but don't overdo!

~
Nothin but enjoy the weekend! If U cant beat em join em!
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:50 PM   #1147
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by boop13 View Post
I usually try to keep my carbs under 20-30. I must confess, I haven't been tracking like I should be... so I cannot say if they changed much, but really all I did was add some extra butter(sometimes cheese too) to any veggies I have, mayo with my meat I make a franks/butter sauce anytime I have chicken... Seemed to work for me!
Sounds like you agree that uppin fat helps..COOL!

Waiter bring me a plate of that deep fried fat, please.
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:50 PM   #1148
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
Hi Everybody! Hope you all had a great day! I don't know about you, but so glad it's FRIDAY!

A friend of mine took me out for my birthday last night and ate Mexican. I had it all planned out what I was going to eat but it end just went full throttle and at what I wanted. When I got home, though, I waited about an hour and then exercised. I went to bed feeling satisfied with myself because my level of consciousness was unusual yesterday. I woke up feeling satisfied and happy and stayed that way the whole day. Same thing happened today, even though I ate fried ice cream for dessert. Apparently, my concession in doing some exercise instead of blowing the whole day off helped me tremendously.

Maybe we should all go back to reporting what we are eating during the day. I don't track carbs like I should so it's a guarantee that the 'blood diamonds' are creeping around the food corner. Today is really not a good day for me to report food-wise, but I'm going to do it anyway:

B - 2 cups of coffee with creamer & sweet-in-low; each had a spoon of coconut oil
L - Turkey, bacon, and provolone cheese from a sub, didn't eat the bread; diet coke
D - ?? thinking naked chicken wings with blue cheese dressing
W - 1 liter
E - 15 minutes of upper body weights, and hope to do my hour of walk/step/cardio

I have to tighten up if I want to see 219 --- I can't let boop get the best of me!
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 04:07 PM   #1149
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
When I got home, though, I waited about an hour and then exercised. I went to bed feeling satisfied with myself because my level of consciousness was unusual yesterday. I woke up feeling satisfied and happy and stayed that way the whole day. Same thing happened today, even though I ate fried ice cream for dessert. Apparently, my concession in doing some exercise instead of blowing the whole day off helped me tremendously.
That makes good sense, Bronwyn! Good on ya!

I've been reading "Why we get fat" again. Wow, what a great book, if anyone hasn't read it yet! No wonder we couldn't make any headway against obesity until we got the carbs under control. It's not a moral issue - it's a hormonal one. Not our fault!!

I'm just feeling sad for all the people who ever feel bad about themselves, including myself, because of something related to food. We're not weak, or bad, or lazy, or gluttons. We're allergic to poison, that's all. You'd think that would be commonly held to be a strength, not a weakness.

I spent the morning at the Oregon Coast Aquarium with my little boy. My increasing energy and mobility of 30 pounds gone is really starting to show!!

Happy Mem-day weekend everybody!! My little coastal town is a complete ZOO right now: )

Lynne

P.S. Scale sez 183 this morning. I hate to think I might have to give up wheat and/or milk...or just get happy with slower weight loss. Erg.

500/2000 until the end of the challenge with NO TWEAKS.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:23 PM   #1150

I have to confess. My patience lost a battle. Last night around 11 pm I just was so hungry, dunno why cuz I had lowcarbed all day, anyway I ate 2 bowls of cinnamon toast crunch with milk. (dh bot it i didn't!) What's really bad is that the scale said the same as yesterday this morning so that means to me that if I could have held out, I would have probably had a nice drop this morning.

*sigh* This can be so hard at times....

Back on plan..........

~

Last edited by heidihoopi; 05-26-2012 at 06:27 PM..
Old 05-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #1151
Senior LCF Member

Looks like we are all having our moments of slip-ups, (myself included) but the great thing is, it also seems we all acknowledge it, and jump right back on plan!!!

Bronwyn, you are so close, you will catch up, and you are def ahead of me with the exercise thing... I haven't been to the gym in over a week because my sons been sick and I didn't want to take him to the gym daycare like that...

Well its been a crazy couple days here, with my family all down visiting for my son's party that is happening tomorrow, but I wanted to pop in quickly with my good news and bad news.... Good news is I hit 217 today! 1lb away from my 30lb goal!!! Bad news is I had some sushi today. But I am at peace with it... I have not stopped today so hoping all the moving around will offset it!!

End of the World challenge 191.8/179.4/174

Getting Angry for Autumn Challenge 211.4/192.4/191.8
Old 05-26-2012, 09:04 PM   #1152

Congrats boop! Have a good time tomorrow!
Old 05-28-2012, 01:03 PM   #1153
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds like everyone's hanging in there. Great job on the exercise, Bron & congrats on the loss, Boop! Hope the kiddo's birthday party went off without a hitch!

I'm officially calling this nonsense a stall. I weight exactly what I weigh now (244) on May 1. Dropped to 242 for a day or so around the 6th, but bounced right back. I'm also thinking that this is a weight I hung out at for a couple of years, so it could just be a stubborn set-point. Going to continue to try to up the exercise and eat clean, but not going to worry about it too much right now. While I hate putting something this important on the back burner it's just the way it needs to be for me to keep my sanity right now.

Hope you all had a great weekend! Youngest son's graduation is this Friday! Eeek! When did I get this old??? lol
Old 05-29-2012, 06:30 AM   #1154
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Good Morning everyone! I've been at my mom's for memorial day so just getting back to a computer. I did *ok* while I was out of town but I find its always hard to be on plan perfectly while at someone else's house. Hunkering down this week and going to get to a new low!
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:12 PM   #1155

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstate View Post
Good Morning everyone! I've been at my mom's for memorial day so just getting back to a computer. I did *ok* while I was out of town but I find its always hard to be on plan perfectly while at someone else's house. Hunkering down this week and going to get to a new low!
Me too!

Tired of not losing, getting mad and redoubling my efforts!
Old 05-30-2012, 11:21 AM   #1156
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Me too!

Tired of not losing, getting mad and redoubling my efforts!
Me three!!

Still 182. I feel sort of discouraged that I'm not going to get to 180 by the end of May (I guess I won't, anyway).

I'm not going to change anything for now, I can't see that cutting out wheat helps so I'm not going to worry about that. Variety is good but monotony doesn't seem to be affecting my weight loss. Adding chromium is probably good, but it didn't turn out to be the logjam.

So...aside from minding my seed consumption, and not letting it encroach into my fasting time, I guess I'm not going to worry about it. If my weight loss slows down to 5 lbs a month, I'm going to be really mad, though.

Hang in there, gang!! We're almost to the finish line!!

Lynne

P.S. I went over to Mark's Daily Apple and read his series about fasting: How to Implement Fasting | Mark's Daily Apple.

It made me feel pretty happy about my WOE that it has additional health benefits besides losing weight. I'm going to be doing some form of this WOE for the rest of my life! (So why worry if this part goes slow, right?)
Old 05-30-2012, 01:11 PM   #1157

Well the scale is moving in the right direction, still not 'virgin' territory, but I'm at 231, so I am still hopeful that I will get into the 20's by Friday morning the 1st of June.

I think I'll go check out that fasting thread Lynne, to insure I do~! Maybe this will be a fasting day for me...

Yesterdays menu
2 soft boiled eggs mashed with buttah
2 coff hwc

Bacon Lettuce and Tomato Dinner Salad, with cheese and cucumbers--delish!
5 or so macadamia nuts
and of course, water water water tea tea tea

Oh and a pomegranate Greek gods yogurt--so good, and my secret fat killer

~

Last edited by heidihoopi; 05-30-2012 at 01:18 PM..
Old 05-30-2012, 04:58 PM   #1158
Senior LCF Member

Hello,
I am still here.. been a crazy weekend/start to my week with my son's bday, then my daycare lady fell down stairs and now cannot watch my son for about 6 weeks :s so I haven't had much time to log on as I have had alot to figure out! but it is under control now.
After my sushi lunch Saturday and my sons bday Sunday where I snuck in some chips and cake, I am finally under control again, and down to 216.6! Here is to hoping it continues to drop!!
Old 05-30-2012, 05:18 PM   #1159
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
I finally have the computer for a while tonight!!! Have you noticed that we all seem to have the same ebb and flow of our weight challenges at the same time, kind of like our periods being in sync or something???!!!

Maybe it was the long weekend but I've been out of sorts the last couple of days, down to not wanting to exercise. The result??? - 223!!! Yuck, yuck, yuck.

I need to make some changes to my diet, starting with laying of flavored creamer with my coffee. I got lazy and instead of buying whipping cream I was using the office caramel something-or-other at 5 carbs a serving! That's probably 15-20 carbs right there! I also need to change my lunch selection from fried porkchops to either vinegar BBQ chicken or just a country vegetable plate (I eat at the same place every day for time and convenience and those about the only things they have available that I can eat). I also need to up the water again. OTOH, I have been incorporating coconut oil in my coffee - just need to omit the creamer.

I haven't exercised this week, either, except for a little bit of strength training and one hour of Callanetics. I am not ambitious this week and it shows. My last 'good' day apparently was 5/25 which is also my last post.

If I still had my periods I would blame all this on PMS! Maybe it's the weather.

WE CAN ALL DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:03 PM   #1160

Bronwyn, I've noticed that too, we are all often on the same gain/hold/lose cycle. But it's kind of nice.

Off to drink some tea..........
Old 05-30-2012, 07:45 PM   #1161
Major LCF Poster!

Hi guys, just a quick flyby to say 'Hi!' Things are crazy here with kiddo number 2 graduating on Friday and I'm just plugging along. Thankfully lots of 'meat & salad' type meals w/ a few eggs thrown in for good measure. Oh and there was a box of lc ice cream bars here... had the box of 6 over about 4 days. That can't be good, but they're gone now and aren't allowed back for awhile.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:58 AM   #1162
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
I'm checking in too. Still not back to my low but its TOM and I'm only 2 lbs off so not so shabby. I'm trying JUDD right now and will report the results soon. I've only been seriously on for a couple days so too early yet to tell. If I can get into the 170's I might just die (which will defeat the purpose of weight loss but...)
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:55 AM   #1163
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone!!

Still 182 this morning. Yawn. Drinking lots of sparkly water and now eating greek gods yogurt, heidihoopi's secret fat killer (though not pomegranate. I got plain and put blueberries in it - is that close enough?) at dinnertime.

That stuff is AWESOME. Sorry to yell, but WOW.

I've been doing a stretching video lately - classical stretch. Has anybody heard of it?

Not much else to report. I had turkey Italian sausage with peppers and onions last night, and some of that greek yogurt with blueberries. Maybe a smidgen of lc ice cream, too.

Congratulations to all the moms whose babies are graduating!!

Lynne
Old 05-31-2012, 12:21 PM   #1164

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
Hi everyone!!

Still 182 this morning. Yawn. Drinking lots of sparkly water and now eating greek gods yogurt, heidihoopi's secret fat killer (though not pomegranate. I got plain and put blueberries in it - is that close enough?) at dinnertime.

That stuff is AWESOME. Sorry to yell, but WOW.
Lynne
Told ya! I hope it works for you as well as it works for me Lynne.

HOLY COW BATMAN, I SAW THE 20'S ON THE SCALE THIS MORNING, well, ONE OUT OF THE THREE TIMES I GOT ON THE SCALE anyway!

Sorry for yelling, but this has been a looooooooooong time coming! I'm not counting it 'officially' yet, but I know it's coming. At least my stats are correct now.

Doing another what I call a 'mini-fast' today, that should surely get me to the 20's all 3 scale hops tomorrow, I hope!

Yesterday's Mini-Fast menu

B 2 soft boiled eggs mashed with butter, coffee hwc x2
L 1 Pomegranate Greek god's yogurt

S 1 nuked piece of Jarlsberg cheese-to do that to Jarlsberg is sort of blasphemy I know lol, but i like something crunchy now and then!

D
1 Hb egg,

S
5-10 macadamia nuts
Tea x 3, lots of water
~

Have a great on plan day everyone! Time to get serious!

Last edited by heidihoopi; 05-31-2012 at 12:31 PM..
Old 05-31-2012, 04:07 PM   #1165
Major LCF Poster!

Way to go, Heidi!!! Looking forward to tomorrow's 'scale report'!

Thanks, Lynne
Old 05-31-2012, 10:53 PM   #1166

We're going out of town for a long weekend, just wanted to let everyone know so that you wouldn't worry, I'm going unplugged. See ya when I get back,
Old 05-31-2012, 11:03 PM   #1167
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Quote:
Told ya! I hope it works for you as well as it works for me Lynne.

HOLY COW BATMAN, I SAW THE 20'S ON THE SCALE THIS MORNING, well, ONE OUT OF THE THREE TIMES I GOT ON THE SCALE anyway!

Sorry for yelling, but this has been a looooooooooong time coming! I'm not counting it 'officially' yet, but I know it's coming. At least my stats are correct now.

Doing another what I call a 'mini-fast' today, that should surely get me to the 20's all 3 scale hops tomorrow, I hope!

Yesterday's Mini-Fast menu

B 2 soft boiled eggs mashed with butter, coffee hwc x2
L 1 Pomegranate Greek god's yogurt

S 1 nuked piece of Jarlsberg cheese-to do that to Jarlsberg is sort of blasphemy I know lol, but i like something crunchy now and then!

D
1 Hb egg,

S
5-10 macadamia nuts
Tea x 3, lots of water
~

Have a great on plan day everyone! Time to get serious!
How many carbs are in that yogurt? I've been looking for a good one low in carbs but can't find any.
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:10 PM   #1168

oops, nevermind, see next post

Last edited by heidihoopi; 05-31-2012 at 11:17 PM..
Old 05-31-2012, 11:12 PM   #1169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy2be View Post
How many carbs are in that yogurt? I've been looking for a good one low in carbs but can't find any.

The Pomegranate yogurt has 14, the plain has 10, that's for a single serving, 6 oz. Don't know about the other flavors off hand. I allow for it in my plan. Lots of protein too. Calories aren't the lowest, 230 for the Pom, but seeing that it's eats my fat, I don't mind.

I can only find it at Sprouts Market--soon to join with Sunflower Market, I hope they will still carry it when they merge! At my 'regular' supermarkets, they only have the plain and honey and only in the large containers. I'm a single serving kinda gal so I have to make a special trip just for the yogurt, but it's worth it!

Last edited by heidihoopi; 05-31-2012 at 11:56 PM..
Old 05-31-2012, 11:22 PM   #1170
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Thanks, I will check it out at my local market. Have a great, fun, on plan weekend!!!
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote