Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2012, 08:32 AM   #1111
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
G'morning everyone! Still sticking to plan here, but the scale's still not moving. I think I'm going to have to make some changes... and I'm not happy about it. On the list of things to consider changing are:

My giant mug o'coffee every morning. I count it as breakfast and it keeps me full til noonish. Hmmm.

Mio, sweet Mio...

Cheese... grrrr...

I don't know which of these options I hate to give up the most. Sigh. Maybe I'll try upping the exercise a bit first and maybe cut down on the coffee & Mio? I really don't overdo it on cheese very often.

Sigh...

Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2012, 01:14 PM   #1112
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
Tami, I was having the same problem, and I upped my fat a little (even upped my cheese a little), and finally saw it move again... Not sure if this will work for you, but something to think about!
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 01:44 PM   #1113
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Boop! I have had luck doing that in the past, mainly with coconut oil. Certainly sounds like a more fun alternative & can't hurt to try. Do you know what percentages of fat you consumed? That's another thing I can work on... getting back in the habit of logging everything on ******.
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:08 PM   #1114
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: heidihoopi
WOE: LC My Way
Ok, scale moved, still a ways to go until I reach virgin territory, but at least it's moving in the right direction.

Have a nice sunday everyone.

Menu
coffee and hwc x 2
3 breakfast ssg and 2 eggs

Water tea water tea

Butterball Boneless Roast Turkey breast
stove top stuffing for dh, (I'll probably have a TBS)
Baked squash, butternut with buttah
Maybe some green beans too, or instead of the squash...

I'll have turkey to eat all week and will make soup with the leftovers. Game on!
heidihoopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:05 AM   #1115
Major LCF Poster!

Way to go Heidi!

Still nada here... I'm seriously eyeing everything I put in my mouth with suspicion. It's hard to believe my body has changed that much from when I did this before. And the last time wasn't my first 'golden opportunity' either. Weird... and annoying. lol

I am wearing pants that I couldn't zip up a few weeks ago when I last tried them, though, so something is happening.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:20 AM   #1116
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
Start Date: 06/22/09
I finally weighed, to a nice surprise. I'm only sitting at 210. I thought I would be at like 215 or 220. And that's after a couple margaritas last night (lc). So I'm happy. My exercise got back on track last week but still been over eating, but I'm trying to get everything back in check. I just might be able to make my summer goal of 199 yet!
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:37 AM   #1117
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Good job to all the weebles who are wobbling but not falling down!! (Remember those, or am I really old? lol)

Had an uncontrollable bout of exercising yesterday again. I danced to "head and shoulders knees and toes" with my little boy for a long time. He had a blast, and so did I!!

Not much else going on here. Congrats to AmyLiz, the big day must be getting close!!

Lynne

P.S. I actually forgot to weigh myself this morning, but I feel lighter, does that count?

P.S.S. I'm making twice-baked cauli with bacon, sour cream and chives for dinner. Mmmmmm!

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.

Last edited by lynne2u; 05-21-2012 at 10:40 AM.. Reason: menu
lynne2u is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:35 PM   #1118
Senior LCF Member

Tami, no idea... I don't really track my percentages, and some days (ok most days) I am terrible at tracking my menu. But I made a conscious effort to add fat to every meal, and it worked...
I am up again today, but TOM is almost here... I think that is why I'm bouncing again... (or maybe all the wine I had Saturday) either way, I am still not straying from LC, and just being patient!
Old 05-21-2012, 02:38 PM   #1119

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
Lynne

P.S. I actually forgot to weigh myself this morning, but I feel lighter, does that count? YES!

P.S.S. I'm making twice-baked cauli with bacon, sour cream and chives for dinner. Mmmmmm! DOUBLE YESS!
Scale still heading downwards, but only by the ounces.
Drinking my lemon tea as I type.... Game on!

Yes You Can Ms Woods, We. All. Can. make those Goals! Double the efforts!! Let's go for it!

Last edited by heidihoopi; 05-21-2012 at 02:39 PM..
Old 05-21-2012, 02:54 PM   #1120
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidihoopi View Post
Scale still heading downwards, but only by the ounces.
Downward is downward

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidihoopi View Post
Yes You Can Ms Woods, We. All. Can. make those Goals! Double the efforts!! Let's go for it!
Exactly... I'm starting to think my goal isn't going to happen, but I'm ready to hit this hard and see if my body & the scale will play along!

Thanks Boop. No worries. I'll see what I can do with some added fat

Lynne... totally agreed on the feeling lighter & that yummy sounding dinner! Sounds incredible!
Old 05-21-2012, 05:25 PM   #1121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Good Afternoon! I haven't been checking in lately but mostly because my new scale weighs me 2 lbs heavier than my last one and its made me cranky. I have to keep reminding myself its arbitrary and I didn't actually "gain" 2 lbs but I still feel like I have to loose those pounds again. Grrr. Anyway, also its one of the 2 weeks a month where I don't lose weight so I'm just focusing on eating right and drinking lots of water.

I did SO good today until dinner. My sick husband asked for PB cookies (low carb style with splenda, pb, and eggs) and of course I HAD to add LC chocolate chips and then I HAD to eat 2

Oh well, I'm sure being so good the rest of the day will make up for that (I wish my body rationalized as well as I do. It would be a size 2 by now).

MsWoods, that's great. You're only 3 lbs off your lows and you can plow through that in no time! We are all cheering you towards your goal!

Lynne I agree I like the light feeling. Even when my scale is not cooperating, my jeans fit better and my muffin top is disappearing so that is one great motivation.

Heidi, ounces still count so keep going and a whoosh is probably headed your way.

BTW a major victory for me is that I have been alcohol free for over a week now. It doesn't seem to have helped me loose any weight but time will tell.

Last edited by brewstate; 05-21-2012 at 05:27 PM..
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:05 AM   #1122
Senior LCF Member

Just popping in quick to say... 218.6 today!!! I found the teens!!!
Super busy couple weeks at work, so won't be taking my lunch time power walks... But hoping to make the gym a little more!
Old 05-22-2012, 08:15 AM   #1123
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boop13 View Post
Just popping in quick to say... 218.6 today!!! I found the teens!!!
Love it!!!

Brew, great job dropping the alcohol for a week! I know that's not easy!

Guess what? Yeah. Still the same! lol It's *almost* comical now. I swear I'm not cheating or anything. Did have some packaged dry salami the last couple of days, so if it was a temporary thing I'd think maybe salt, but seems my body just likes this weight. It is still really really stressful around here with the kid's plans totally up in the air. He's likely going to leave school with no firm plans for next year and it's too late to get into anything but a JC... and yet he's at the end of his second year, has about 3 years worth of credits done, so JC may not be able to serve him well. I'm just going to ride it out, try to get more exercise in, and not worry about it for now. I came to this realization after talking to the kiddo last night and I just need to be on autopilot for a bit. If my body cooperates, great. If not I guess I'm holding steady a bit longer... not like I'm not already used to it.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:55 AM   #1124
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstate View Post
BTW a major victory for me is that I have been alcohol free for over a week now. It doesn't seem to have helped me loose any weight but time will tell.
That IS a major victory!! And yeah, if only my body rationalized as well as my head, I'd be a size 2, too.

Boop! Congratulations on finding the teens!!!

I'm at 184, so not a lot of movement on the scale.

I've grown a set of RIBS, however, that I wasn't aware were under there. Theoretically, I guess, I knew I had to have ribs like everybody else, but now I can actually see and feel bones. I even have ribs right below my collarbone. Who knew?

I'm not going to make my goal of at least 10 lbs a month without changing something, so I've already made a new plan. I'm going to eat more SLOWLY, less food, but more variety, higher quality, indulging myself (intelligently) more often (every day, actually), and getting more exercise every day in a fun way.

Okay, I'm realizing that last paragraph came straight out of "French Women Don't Get Fat". That was a total accident, but maybe you all have gotten me thinking about it again.

I guess it's appropriate, though: I'm moving into the long-term phase now.

Good job everybody!! Keep on going to goal, which is right around the corner, and no matter what we weigh then we're all WINNERS!!!

Lynne
Old 05-22-2012, 01:09 PM   #1125

Down a little bit more on the scale, progress I guess, but I am impatient to see the 20's!

Today's Menu Plan
1 egg 1 sausage, 2 cupsajoe with hwc

Waterwaterwaterteateatea

2 T cottage cheese, maybe some turkey too we'll see.

Stirfry Chicken with a little broccoli, red pepper, onions, mushrooms, peapods, and a few cashews

I am out of hwc, I am going to try and replace coffee with plain Tea for a week and see if that gets things moving. (it will certainly help my wallet at $6.79 a quart!) Pray for me, lol, I am such a coffee and cream addict, this is going to be rough!! But I've got to do something to shake things up!

Congrats to today's Losers!

Let's do this girls! Get in here and post regardless of what's happening, it's the only way to stay on track/get back on track, "confession" is good for the waistline!

~

Last edited by heidihoopi; 05-22-2012 at 01:16 PM..
Old 05-22-2012, 01:46 PM   #1126
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Still hanging out at my heavier weight so I decided to stir things up a bit. I'm going to try JUDD for a while in addition to my LC diet and see if it helps. I have tried IF and can't go completely cold turkey (I need to eat SOMETHING) but with 500 calories to play with I'm thinking slices of cucumber with a little homemade sour cream dip and salads with low cal dressing. I think I can do it and others seems to have had great success.

THIS body is getting kicked out of its comfort zone, ladies

Nearly forgot, WELCOME to the teens Boop
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:12 AM   #1127
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning!

This is how I mixed it up last night: I made that delightful chocolate CO pudding folks have been talking about, and that was most of dinner.

It's really good. I'm getting better cocoa next time, though. Valrhona...?

(Tip if you haven't made the pudding yet: you really have to beat the heck out of the eggs - use an appliance, a fork won't work. I used my immersion blender for it.)

I sweated last night - I have a stair stepper thing so I watched some TV and did that. I'm getting lighter and in better shape, that's for sure!

My jeans fit me better this morning, and I am lighter! 183!!

New goal for me by the end of the challenge: 176. Several years ago I weighed in at the doctors office at my highest weight, and it was 276. 100 pounds down from that would be AWESOME.

It was mostly stress that had me weighing so much, I think. I didn't do anything to get down to 245 except remove the stress. The rest? Dr. Atkins had to help me with that part.

Anyway. Wish me luck!!

Lynne
Old 05-23-2012, 10:42 AM   #1128
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
Start Date: 06/22/09
I feel better. My bf rescheduled my tattoo appt that was supposed to be today. I told him either June 20 or 22 which is right at my 3 year mark. Not sure when he rescheduled it for.

I'm just pushin on. Not doing the best with eating, but not the worse.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:00 AM   #1129
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Ladies! So proud of all of you!

Still hanging in there. I did get on the wii fit last night... for the first time in years, actually. Supposedly I'm imbalanced <gg>. I knew that! Did some of the balance stuff, some hula hooping, step, & jogging. Didn't last long, but worked up a sweat and legs were sore/stiff getting out of bed this morning. Will repeat again this afternoon.

Right now I'm watching the live stream of graduation at the school my son currently attends, but likely won't return to in the fall. I'm still disappointed & worried about his future, but it's his life, he has a good head on his shoulders, is exceptionally bright and a natural leader. He'll make it wherever he ends up. This path seemed perfect for him, but I understand that's a tough thing to judge at 17 years old. I'm convinced that parenting never gets easier.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:13 PM   #1130
Senior LCF Member

Hey Ladies...
Glad to see some losers!!
I am down .2 but down none the less!
Today is my son's Bday, so we are going out for dinner ( I decided since I am celebrating his birth & My Labour day... I shouldn't have to cook!)
No cake though... saving that for his party on Sunday!
Old 05-23-2012, 03:52 PM   #1131
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
I'm still here, too!

My husband has been using the computer the past several days to watch Netflix on Demand because he needs the closed caption.

As for my conference...I DID NOT CHEAT ONCE THE ENTIRE TIME!!! And while I didn't get my crablegs or my trip to Busch Gardens, I stayed true in my eating. Still standing at 222 but the scale will move eventually. Today I bought some coconut oil and put some in each cup of coffee I had today. Hopefully tonight's exercise will yield some scale movement.
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:26 PM   #1132
Major LCF Poster!

Boop, have fun at your son's birthday dinner & congrats on the loss... a loss is a loss!

Bron, great job at the conference!!! Sorry you didn't get your crab legs or trip to Bush Gardens, but you should be so proud of yourself for getting through that conference unscathed! Well done!
Old 05-23-2012, 04:51 PM   #1133

Holding...holding.... Move scale, MOVE darn it! I wanna see the 20's, I wanna see the 20's!

~~

Good on Ya Bronwyn! I knew you could do it!

Quote:
boop ( I decided since I am celebrating his birth & My Labour day... I shouldn't have to cook!)
No you shouldn't!

Tami! Good for you for getting on the wii fit! We do worry about our boys don't we, it will get better though. He sounds like a great young man, so don't worry too much, things will work out. He just needs time to figure things out....

Glad you are feeling better Ms Woods.

Quote:
Lynne I sweated last night - I have a stair stepper thing so I watched some TV and did that. I'm getting lighter and in better shape, that's for sure! My jeans fit me better this morning, and I am lighter! 183!!
Woo HOooo! Thank goodness someone is seeing some progress, gives the rest of us hope!

~
Old 05-23-2012, 05:21 PM   #1134
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post

As for my conference...I DID NOT CHEAT ONCE THE ENTIRE TIME!!! And while I didn't get my crablegs or my trip to Busch Gardens, I stayed true in my eating.
:c lap:

That is a solid win!! Take THAT, you bad ole conference.

In honor of Bronwyn's big Win...I would like to offer a new term to my fellow challengemates, here it is: Greed carbs.

Meaning, those nasty sweet things the food companies make to turn a huge profit from what is basically a very cheap animal food - grain. Think "blood diamonds" and you'll see how I mean it.

The greed carbs didn't get Bronwyn this time!!

Lynne

Last edited by lynne2u; 05-23-2012 at 05:22 PM.. Reason: Tried to fix the bad clap...it didn't work. I give up.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:05 PM   #1135
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heather
Stats: 175.8/158.4/145; 5'4"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart 6/27/14 - Loss: 17.4 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoods View Post
I finally weighed, to a nice surprise. I'm only sitting at 210. I thought I would be at like 215 or 220. And that's after a couple margaritas last night (lc). So I'm happy. My exercise got back on track last week but still been over eating, but I'm trying to get everything back in check. I just might be able to make my summer goal of 199 yet!
Michelle - I look up your's and Nikki's posts every day to see how you girls are doing. I think what captured my attention is not that you're both hitting 199 soon (I'm soooo happy for you), and not that you've come so far, but that you have such strong wills and determination to get back on track again when you're off. Especially, after you mentioned sometimes it's been a 10 - 20 lb set back. It's like something wells up inside of me and I just get so proud of you.

All of us on the board know it's hard. I saw this in someone's signature today - Dieting is hard, exercising is hard, being fat is hard, pick your hard. It made me think, "Yes, the turning point is accepting the reality that they're ALL hard, but being fat IS HARDER than the other two, so one can never turn back." I sense from your posts that you know that.

Have to add: I finished two marathons, and I always say, they were a piece of cake, compared to losing weight. I've often thought, "It's ALMOST impossible." So when we see people not giving up, we are just so happy for them, and so filled with admiration.

I'll be watching - Heather

Last edited by Heather; 05-23-2012 at 09:07 PM..
Heather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:29 AM   #1136
Major LCF Poster!

Such great words of advice, Heather! Thank you for coming here to share them! What a great way to think of it. Being fat is harder and you don't get the perks of looking and feeling better to go with the extra work. Very very good point!

Heidi, thank you so much. It's definitely weighing heavy on my mind lately. He really is an exceptional kid... guess I should say young man since he just turned 20. lol It's how he got into the very prestigious school he's in. All I can do is support him and wait and see.

Still holding steady and now gearing up for TOM, which is the last time I saw a drop in weight last month. Kind of disheartening, but just need to hang in there for now. Switched out the half & half for heavy whipping cream this morning. More cals, more fat, lower carbs. Figured it couldn't hurt.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:38 AM   #1137
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by boop13 View Post
Tami, I was having the same problem, and I upped my fat a little (even upped my cheese a little), and finally saw it move again... Not sure if this will work for you, but something to think about!
Hi boop13, Do you have to watch carbs when you do up the fat??

I'm a little stuck and need some help.....

Last edited by marylouise; 05-24-2012 at 09:40 AM..
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:16 AM   #1138
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
Michelle - I look up your's and Nikki's posts every day to see how you girls are doing. I think what captured my attention is not that you're both hitting 199 soon (I'm soooo happy for you), and not that you've come so far, but that you have such strong wills and determination to get back on track again when you're off. Especially, after you mentioned sometimes it's been a 10 - 20 lb set back. It's like something wells up inside of me and I just get so proud of you.

All of us on the board know it's hard. I saw this in someone's signature today - Dieting is hard, exercising is hard, being fat is hard, pick your hard. It made me think, "Yes, the turning point is accepting the reality that they're ALL hard, but being fat IS HARDER than the other two, so one can never turn back." I sense from your posts that you know that.

Have to add: I finished two marathons, and I always say, they were a piece of cake, compared to losing weight. I've often thought, "It's ALMOST impossible." So when we see people not giving up, we are just so happy for them, and so filled with admiration.

I'll be watching - Heather

Scale says 182 this morning, y'all. It can't last, but I'll take it.

In other news: I've worked out a list of rationalizations for WHY I should spend 14 bucks on a can of Valrhona cocoa powder next month. Ready?

1) It will actually be cheaper to make my own chocolate treats than buy the less attractive processed stuff I usually get - lc ice cream, et cetera.

2) It's Valhrona. Yay. Hershey and Ghirardelli really don't stand up in that choir.

3) I want it. Yay again.

...which I think pretty much sums it up. I think "pudding night" might become a regular occurrence at my house!

Oh, wait.

4) Chocolate is cheaper than therapy.

Hang in there, everybody!! It's the last leg of the challenge!!

Lynne
Old 05-24-2012, 10:22 AM   #1139
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
Hi!

Scale said 221 this morning so I'm very excited!

It seems I'm always in a hurry, so I tend to write only about myself and not cheer on others. This has been weighing on my mind a lot lately because many of you take the time to respond to other posts. I need to be more diligent with that but there are a lot of circumstances that keep me from spending a lot of time online.

So...please accept this CONGRATULATIONS to each and every one of you. There are times I really don't want to participate but you are all the reason I keep coming back. I do not need to judge my daily mood on what the scale says and that is something I really need to work on.

You guys are terrific!
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:33 AM   #1140
Major LCF Poster!

Yay Lynne & Bronwyn

So happy for you guys! No worries, Bron. We do what we can. I'm on and off the puter all day so most of the time it's easier for me to check in. Seriously, no worries!