Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 11:42 AM   #1081
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLiz View Post
well, after TOM, i'm still hovering at 200. wedding is 10 days away, and after that we're taking a week-long cruise, so i KNOW i'll be gaining weight on the boat since so many things are out of my control. My body doesn't seem to like the 100's
Amy, I can't believe the wedding is only 10 days away! I'm sure stress is wrecking havoc on your weight loss plans, too.
misscobi is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2012, 11:56 AM   #1082
Major LCF Poster!

Hopefully this works... I didn't want to upload to a public site like photobucket because I am still embarrassed by these (huge ) numbers, but I took my measurements today and thought I'd share with you guys. It looks like some measurements have to be mistakes (missed getting the same spot or something), but there's a general overall trend downward and the really nice improvements like my waist & hips I know are correct & measured in the same spot. No where near where I want to be, but going going the right direction...

They read bottom to top and I didn't think to measure the first week I started, so that 'month' is a week short.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Measurements.JPG (46.5 KB, 9 views)
Old 05-15-2012, 12:19 PM   #1083
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/192/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Michelle, I'm 5'3 and a tiny bit and I started fitting into 16'd around the 200 lb mark (maybe a little under) of course you have to keep in mind I have a major spare tire caused by 3 children so you will probably get there a little quicker than I did. At my current weight I can pretty much wear size 16's in an brand and 17 juniors and am starting to get into the larger 14's.

Lynne I was so excited about not being "obese" anymore that I went and looked it up and I won't be "overweight" until I'm 169 lbs So annoyed and not happy with those BMI people right now. Oh well, only a little bit longer.

WTG Tami! Look at you shrink. That is some major reduction in both your waist and hips. I haven't regularly measured and have regretted it.

Last edited by brewstate; 05-15-2012 at 12:21 PM..
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:31 PM   #1084
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Elise. I'm an hour glass shape and have always had big legs, so this is a pretty typical weight loss pattern for me. It will be nice to see some of the other measurements change, but I am happy with my waist/hips shrinking. It's not really my hips shrinking, but my 'apron'. I'll take it! I'm pretty big on top, so it helps the overall appearance when that tummy is smaller than my chest. I have always been envious of the girls who are the same weight as me, but have tiny little legs & can throw on a long t-shirt & short shorts or a bathing suit and look good, but we all have our strengths and weaknesses... so I get a little waist, big boobs & big thighs instead. I'm a Sir Mix-a-lot kind of girl. lol
Old 05-15-2012, 02:54 PM   #1085
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
Bronwyn: we will get there soon!!! I am hoping by the end of the week...
Michelle: hang in there, and know that you have been a huge inspiration to I am sure many of us here, but def to me! I am so happy you spoke so highly of the Les Mills classes... that's what got me to join the gym!
Tami: that's how I am built too... Oh how I long to wear shorts, and feel confident in them!

SO the scale was teetering between 222.4 and 223 this morning...
I have been eating so well. forgot to post menu yesterday, but was same as todays
Breakfast: coffee w/hwc, Atkins shake (I am having a hard time finding time to get myself and the little guy ready and out the door for work so its fast and easy)
Lunch Leftover London Broil (yesterday with mixed veggies today with stuffed jalapenos)
Dinner @ sausage w/mayo 4 stuffed Jalapeno (hollowed out and stuffed with cream cheese and 1/3 piece of bacon each)
Well I am off to the gym for the fitness evaluation :s. Not looking forward to it but excited to see results in the near future!

End of the World challenge 191.8/179.4/174

Getting Angry for Autumn Challenge 211.4/192.4/191.8
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:46 PM   #1086
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boop13 View Post
Tami: that's how I am built too... Oh how I long to wear shorts, and feel confident in them!
Yeah, but I figure they're jealous of our waists so it all evens out... we women always want what the other one has. lol

Good luck at the gym! It will be worth it to be able to see your progress!
Old 05-16-2012, 05:42 AM   #1087
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
222.5 this morning - huh???

I don't think I've been drinking enough fluids lately. My husband no longer eats after 3pm because of nightly digestion issues, so he eats a big lunch right at 3pm. I cannot take my lunch hour that late but in solidarity I am not eating dinner either, which is probably throwing my body off. We do eat breakfast together though it's usally McD's and I have the sausage and egg out of a McMuffin. I think I really need to eat something at night, even if it's just a little bit. Otherwise, because I exercise at night, I get a headache and dehydrated.

Office meeting at 7:30 this morning and did not eat the pastries that were put out for breakfast. I found 2 frozen sausage biscuits and just ate the sausage. I really need to eat something substantial for lunch today!

Have a good day my lovelies!
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:36 AM   #1088
Major LCF Poster!

Great job avoiding the pastries, Bronwn! You probably do need a little something at night, like you said, even if it's just a little something that's not incredibly appealing to your hubby.

My weight finally matches my stats again! Yay! I was up a couple before my cheat on Sunday, so am very happy to be back at 242. Now c'mon body, cooperate here, and let's keep that scale moving!!!

Anyone heard from Amanda lately? I haven't been over in the main lobby for awhile so not sure if she's posting there or not
Old 05-16-2012, 08:49 AM   #1089
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
Start Date: 06/22/09
I'm feeling better. I'm back in my routine. Food & exercise. Just gotta keep going.

I wasn't going to get my tattoo since I hadn't hit 199 and felt I didn't deserve it, but now I'm thinking I should get, get it over with, and not have that deadline stress to worry about, and get to 199 a.s.a.p.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:09 AM   #1090
Senior LCF Member

I hit 221.6 today! A new low!!! Lol only by .2. But its still a move in the right direction!
Old 05-16-2012, 09:29 AM   #1091
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle, I'm so glad you're getting back in the swing of things. Sometimes we just have to look out for number one and let the pieces fall where they may.

Nice job, Boop! Looking forward to seeing you hit the teens!
Old 05-16-2012, 07:36 PM   #1092
Major LCF Poster!

These are today's results - hopefully the scale will comply in the morning!

B - 2 small patty sausages; coffee with creamer & Equal
L - 2 scoops of tuna salad (w/onion & celery); kosher pickle, large diet coke
D - one grilled chicken breast topped with mayonaisse; diet snapple peach tea
Exercise - one hour DVD of "Walk with Joyce"
Water - 2 qt
Old 05-17-2012, 03:47 AM   #1093
Major LCF Poster!

222.0 this morning. Not what I wanted to see but it's a loss nevertheless. Maybe I need to try the chromium picolonate as Lynne pointed out a few posts ago. In other news, my clothes are getting looser and hopefully, I'll be in 16s soon!

We all need to be reminded that the scale only tells us what we weigh - it does not define who we are!!!

I will be away from the computer until probably Sunday (going out of town), so it will be Monday before I talk to you guys again. Have a great weekend!
Old 05-17-2012, 06:09 AM   #1094
Major LCF Poster!

Hmmm.... I'm back up to 244 this morning. I was so happy to have bounced back down to 242 yesterday. Hmmmm. We attended a bbq/pool party last night. It was potluck and the only thing low carb was green salad (which I brought ) & burgers, so I had a salad w/ ranch & a hamburger patty & cheese. I only had had two hb eggs earlier in the day, so I know my menu wasn't the issue. Oh-well, going to stop stressing over it, even though I'd love to see a loss again.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:36 AM   #1095
Senior LCF Member

I hit a new low today!!! 221. Oficially down 25lb!!!
Today there is a Birthday in my office... So lots of pastries... So far I have stayed away... But lots of willpower is going to be needed!!! Hoping it pays off with me seeing the teens soon!
Old 05-17-2012, 07:41 AM   #1096
Major LCF Poster!

WooHoo! Nice job Boop! Just keep thinking of the teens when you look at those pastries... better yet, don't look at them at all! lol Good luck!
Old 05-17-2012, 09:51 AM   #1097
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/208/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Good morning everybody!!

Boop, quit hogging the whoosh fairy!! j/k, I'm thrilled for you!!

Bronwyn, good on ya! 222!! And your food sounds great, btw. Everybody else's menu is sounding so yummy right now. I'm considering making lc shepherd's pie tonight, I'll have to wait and see what I feel like later in the day.

Tami - potluck well played!!

Michelle - I hate the idea of getting a reward "over with". Maybe you deserve a different tattoo - the warrior woman version. Because a real hunter is somebody who knows what it means to suit up, go out, and come back drenched and freezing and empty-handed. A tourist, on the other hand? They bag their limit every time. (or whatever you call it. I don't hunt, so bear with me.) You totally rocked the tough time, and you deserve a reward for that, and I believe that's a tattoo you'll cherish as the years go by.

Geez, there I go again. Is there a rolleyes emoticon? Anyway, my .02, adjusted for inflation.

Lynne

P.S. 184 this morning. I do believe the chromium is working! And I went for a walk on the beach yesterday just because I felt like it. I Felt Like Exercising. (What???)

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:11 AM   #1098
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: fridaylove92
Stats: 192/154/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1-01-04
Hey lowcarbers!! I am newly back into LC after 6 years ans 40 pounds overweight!!

I am finally pissed off enough about this and am taking action!

I am in size 14/16 clothes and my best look is at a solid 10.

Today: I have had...
Boiled egg and sausage like
8 almonds
Laocoon cow cheese
Bacon ranch salad
(mocha smoothie---6oz and tossed it!!! Too much sugar.!!! Shame on me for getting it

fridaylove92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:30 AM   #1099
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Lynne! The hard part was waiting at the end of the potluck table (you know what's usually at the end?) waiting for burgers to get done. Just kept my eye on the grill! lol I can only tell you what two of the 15 or so deserts were <gg> Great job on another new low! You're getting so little! Love it!

Fridaylove, Welcome to the challenge & welcome back to low carb! Big kudos for stopping at 40 pounds!!! I was just a hair heavier than you in 2006/2007 and um... I didn't slam on the brakes as soon as you did! I loved my size 10's and can't wait to get back there myself... we can do this!!!
Old 05-17-2012, 11:31 AM   #1100
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/192/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Not much to report here. I'm been doing some remodeling so I haven't been drinking enough and fudging on diet sodas which I know are horrible (bad Elise, bad!) Also I had to get yet another scale. This makes 3 in 6 months (i'm starting to get offended by what that implies ). Anyway I'm just doing my thing but I've really buckled down today so I'll come celebrate tomorrow!

Lynne you're going to fly on past me soon. I'm getting some of that chromium.

Tami way to go on the potluck crisis averted. I've been to a couple lately and its hard not to be tempted by all the goodies.

Come on teens for boop! You deserve it. 25 lbs. Wow

Last edited by brewstate; 05-17-2012 at 11:33 AM..
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:06 AM   #1101
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning!

I didn't expect to be able to get on line while out of town, but my husband brought the laptop!

A little nervous this morning --- this is the same hotel and conference where 4 years ago I deviated from low carb and it went all downhill from there. In fact, my avatar was taken the morning of the conference when I was feeling happy and confident at 187.5. This group serves snacks on the hour just about, and it's nothing but sweets! Good thing my stomach hurts this morning (and all night long...anxiety) so there's not much chance I would even want to it chocolate if I could eat it! *sigh*

Over on the plus side --- I noticed when I was walking from the truck to the hotel last night that my legs felt tight and my thighs don't rub against each other quite so much. I brought my bathing suit because of the pool here (Grandover Resort & Conference Center) but was so late getting here and my stomach was killing me.

I'll be celebrating my birthday (49) a day early with my sister and her family tonight. I'm hoping for steak and crablegs but we'll just have to see. Tomorrow, we're heading to Busch Gardens and I can't wait!

Wish me luck today --- I'm a bag of nerves and I didn't sleep very well from the pain and anxiety.

Talk to you soon --- stay strong!
Old 05-18-2012, 05:31 AM   #1102
Senior LCF Member

I saw 219.8 this morning!!! Then I jumped on again to see if I saw right... And it was 220.8. Lol. And the next 3 times too. Lol. Soooo. Maybe tomorrow!?!
Bronwyn... Stay strong! You can do this!!!
Old 05-18-2012, 06:34 AM   #1103
Major LCF Poster!

Yaawwwn... Good morning ladies!!!

Too funny about scales, Elise. I swear they're evil <gg>

Bron, stay strong hun! And I hate to say this, but even if you do slip a little it doesn't have to mean spiraling out of control. Happy Birthday in case you don't jump online for the rest of the weekend and have fun at Bush Gardens!

Aw, Boop... so close! I have to learn to not get back on the scale a second & third time! lol. Seems the first reading is always lowest... again, evil scales messing with us! Not nice!

I'm still over 242... scale said 243-244 this morning.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:11 AM   #1104
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Everyone is doing so good. KUTGW!!!!! We will all be hot looking by summer!!!

Bronwyn~ Good luck at the conference. You can do it!!! Just take some yummy treats that you can have. Steak and crablegs sounds like an awesome bday dinner. Oh and Busch Gardens, have fun!!! All that walking will be great for your plan. Do you have it planned out what you will eat there? Hubby and I are thinking about taking the kids to an amusement park this summer and I was trying to figure out what we could eat. May just pack our lunch.
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:41 PM   #1105
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: heidihoopi
WOE: LC My Way
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
Good Morning!I didn't expect to be able to get on line while out of town, but my husband brought the laptop! A little nervous this morning --- this is the same hotel and conference where 4 years ago I deviated from low carb and it went all downhill from there. In fact, my avatar was taken the morning of the conference when I was feeling happy and confident at 187.5. This group serves snacks on the hour just about, and it's nothing but sweets! Good thing my stomach hurts this morning (and all night long...anxiety) so there's not much chance I would even want to it chocolate if I could eat it! *sigh*

Over on the plus side --- I noticed when I was walking from the truck to the hotel last night that my legs felt tight and my thighs don't rub against each other quite so much. I brought my bathing suit because of the pool here (Grandover Resort & Conference Center) but was so late getting here and my stomach was killing me. I'll be celebrating my birthday (49) a day early with my sister and her family tonight. I'm hoping for steak and crablegs but we'll just have to see. Tomorrow, we're heading to Busch Gardens and I can't wait!

Wish me luck today --- I'm a bag of nerves and I didn't sleep very well from the pain and anxiety. Talk to you soon --- stay strong!

Good luck! But you just have to do it really, no "luck" about it. What happened last year is just not going to happen this year, ya hear!?! Because you have us to answer to! Love your leg/thigh comments, several of us have shared those kinds of things lately, shows we're making progress girls!

I'm sort of in the same place, I've been off plan a bit the last several days. DIL and Grandbaby have been here, I haven't been terrible but like I've mentioned before, I am so carb sensitive that I immediately see the scale go up. In the interest of full disclosure lol, I am up 3 lbs from my low last Saturday (which was 230). I had a few alcoholic beverages and DH brought ice cream home and I didn't resist, just small portions, but more than one day. And I ate a peanut butter sandwich, just one piece of bread one night. I why , guess I thought I might as well get it out of my system all at once. So I'm 'off' my goal-for-the month-schedule , but I am going to try and get back on track by being very strict with my eating for the next several days. I am going to get those 3 lbs off asap, and then move on into virgin territory! Still going for a 15 lb loss this month cuz it's a longer month.... I bet I can do it if I really put my mind to it.
Watch me!

Thank goodness I have you guys to come back to and to be accountable to or this could have been a disaster!!

Today's Menu

B cof and cream x 2 , 1 soft boiled egg and buttah, Water.

L--baked chicken slices dipped in mayo, Water. Tea.

D--baked chicken slices dipped in mayo, steamed broccoli, Water. Tea.

S macadamia nuts (not more than 8, and only if really necessary) Tea.

Water. Tea.

Last edited by heidihoopi; 05-18-2012 at 01:05 PM..
heidihoopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:13 PM   #1106
Senior LCF Member

Morning ladies... I clocked in at 220 on the dot today!!! BUT then we went to a local winery and I had several glasses of wine and shared a cheese platter with my hubby... and have a bbq tonight, however I am taking stuffed mushrooms and salad so I know there will be some LC goodies for me to eat!
hoping to see the teens tomorrow, but after today's wine I am not too sure.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:27 PM   #1107
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/208/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
A little nervous this morning --- this is the same hotel and conference where 4 years ago I deviated from low carb and it went all downhill from there. In fact, my avatar was taken the morning of the conference when I was feeling happy and confident at 187.5.
This is a good reminder for me, too. It's really easy for me, when I get comfortable with lc, to think things like "ONE little piece of (fill in the blank) won't kill me!" and it's true. But it CAN lead me back down to the place I worked so hard to get out of.

I need to remember that my health is the foundation upon which everything else rests, and take a threat to THAT as seriously as I would take...I don't know, exposure to a deadly disease. Cancer. A heart attack.

I don't know about anyone else here, but for me, I did have a time when I couldn't control what I ate. I tried, but I couldn't. I thought I could, but it never worked out in the long run. It was really hard for me to "get on the horse" of low carbing, even after I knew what to do.

Now that it's easy and I've gotten good at it, my worst enemy is "getting cocky".

Stay strong, Bronwyn, you can do this. We all can.

Lynne

P.S. 185 this morning. I ate like a (low carb) horse last night, so that might have something to do with it.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 04:33 PM   #1108
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: heidihoopi
WOE: LC My Way
Oh geez, DH came home with Free tickets to a Rockies baseball game last night! So we went, now I didn't go hog wild but I did imbibe in some popcorn and peanuts, and a hot dog. Back on this morning, never fear!
heidihoopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:23 PM   #1109
Senior LCF Member

Sounds like we all have our moments of weakness... But I do find reporting back here makes me more determined to stay on plan. Tonight I ate mostly on plan... Bacon wrapped chicken, greek salad and stuffed mushrooms... I passed up the macaroni salad (my girlfriend makes the best mac salad) and some decadent chocolate cake... However I did get into the wine... And def overindulged... But lots of water tomorrow and right back on track!
Old 05-20-2012, 07:41 AM   #1110
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
Start Date: 06/22/09
Ive been on plan but still eating too many calories and carbs, snacking too much, but it's been keeping me sane. However, I have been doing way better this week than before, exercising every day except yesterday, but today I think I'm going to do 2 classes, body pump (weights) and body combat after. Depending on how well I do this week, I may weigh. Just hoping to be 208 really.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote