Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2012, 08:47 PM   #1051
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: heidihoopi
WOE: LC My Way
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstate View Post
Great Job Heidi! Pass some of that weigh loss this way.

Tom is over and I'm ready to lose some major weight. 186 this morning so just 1 pound above my lowest. Hoping to loose at least 2 more this week, a girl can dream

I love the support you guys provide. Sometimes when I think about being bad (my husband may have suggested krispy kremes earlier) I think about being accountable on here and my promise to this challenge and I'm able to decline (and he doesn't get them either, that naughty boy)

I have been fat my entire adult life and I'm ready to leave that one in the dust.
I hear ya!~ I am so committed this time I don't know what hit me really. LOl. And thanks.
heidihoopi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2012, 07:25 AM   #1052
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
I'm so glad we are all sounding positive this morning! Also excited that many of us want to continue supporting each other 'til the bitter end! I like your suggest thread title, Lynne!

Did well for breakfast and lunch yesterday, but we ate mexican last night and I drank 3 margaritas! I also ate the rice and tortillas that came with my fajitas, but today's another day!
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:34 AM   #1053
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Heidihoopi, your menu looks fine from here.

I don't know about the noodles in the chicken soup, but it sounds like you read the label and are good with the carb level, so...

Brew, I hear ya about being done with being fat. I've been fat my whole life, too, and I'm ready for something else.

I've been reading Atkins again, and happened to look into some of his nutritional supplement recommendations for getting weight loss going when it looks like you should be doing better than you are. A nutritional logjam, I think he called it.

He recommends chromium picolinate, so I'm going to try adding some of that first and see if things get going faster again.

Lynne

P.S. 187 again.

He says 300-600 mcg a day of the chromium, btw.

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.

Last edited by lynne2u; 05-12-2012 at 07:35 AM.. Reason: forgot to finish sentence
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:14 AM   #1054
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Wow! I had to do a bit of catching up! Good morning (afternoon?) ladies!!! Happy Weekend!!!!

Glad to hear everyone so motivated! I'm right there with you and so ready to leave this weight behind for good! Love the future thread name, Lynne, and I would love to continue this challenge beyond summer. Thank you all for being such wonderful, supportive, strong women!

I seem to be holding steady again, but otherwise feeling great, wearing capris from years past that I couldn't have worn this year had I not got back on plan in February... and there's smaller clothes in rubbermaid tubs in my closet. They're mostly 10-12's, but there may be a 16 or two in there? I think I pretty much skipped 14's last time? Anyway, the first time I pull something out of one of those tubs and wear it y'all will hear me shouting from the rooftops! And since that may take until fall or even winter I hope you guys will put up with me that long! lol Love ya all! Keep up the great work!!!
Old 05-12-2012, 02:15 PM   #1055

Woohoo, lost another lb and I made my goal for the week, I'm down 3 lbs. Now I get to go change my stats again. Can't wait to see the 20's!!!

Todays menu

Ham and cheese with egg, coffee hwc
The last of the cauliflower almond cream soup
Out to bonefish for lobster probably (my mother's day gift)
might splurge on creme brulee
Old 05-12-2012, 04:44 PM   #1056
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
Heidihoopi congrats on meeting your goal!!!
Ok so I havenever been good at posting menus, but maybe it will help me so I will try!
Breakfast - hot salami & laughing cow wedges, coffee/hwc
Lunch - Pizza toppings
Dinner - London broil, grilled vegetables (mushrooms,onion and peppers) and roasted asparagus
Did have 2 beer also while sitting outside with a friend today, one was a Miller 64 which wasn't too bad! and a Sam Adams Cherry Wheat (my husband and I like to try different beers)
I figured I went to the gym for 2 hours and did my body pump, then body flow, so I justified it that way. Not smart I know, but its done now and water from here on out today!

End of the World challenge 191.8/179.4/174

Getting Angry for Autumn Challenge 211.4/192.4/191.8
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:26 PM   #1057
Major LCF Poster!

Boop, your food sounds YUMMY. Especially dinner

My menu, dinner only (I don't eat breakfast or lunch):

porketta spiced pork loin (in the crock pot) leftovers on cabbage salad with tortillas.

And two lc fudge bars, 90 cal 3g carbs each. And there will be sunflower seeds later, because Rick Steves is going to the Alps, and I must go with him.

Lynne
Old 05-12-2012, 08:47 PM   #1058

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
And two lc fudge bars, 90 cal 3g carbs each. And there will be sunflower seeds later, because Rick Steves is going to the Alps, and I must go with him.Lynne

Lol!~ I have actually been to the Alps with Rick Steves! Well on one of his tours anyway, we did the European Grand Circle or whatever it was called, 21days, back in 2003 I think it was. Fabulous!

Thanks boop.

I decide to have the fish and chips, hold the chips, I had a bacon spinach salad instead and of course they goofed and brought the fries anyway, so I have to count about 6 of them too. And about a third of the creme brulee made it to my stomach. One glass of wine. Fish had tempura on it but I only ate 1 or the three pieces, brought the rest home and will reheat for lunch tomorrow. My stomach has really shrunk I guess, because I get so full so fast nowadays that's all I could eat.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL YOU MOTHERS OUT THERE!~

Last edited by heidihoopi; 05-12-2012 at 08:51 PM..
Old 05-13-2012, 06:18 AM   #1059
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all! Happy Mother's Day!

Heidi, that trip sounds amazing! How fun! You food sounds delish, too...

My scale is seriously not moving again... bouncing between 243-244. I'm irritated and considering going off plan today. Probably won't happen, but I'm letting my mom choose a meal so if we end up somewhere not so low carb friendly or if I just have to have a margarita... well, we'll see. Going up from a cheat would suck more than staying steady, but maybe it would jump start things? Who knows?!?
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:52 AM   #1060
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidihoopi View Post
I decide to have the fish and chips, hold the chips, I had a bacon spinach salad instead and of course they goofed and brought the fries anyway, so I have to count about 6 of them too. And about a third of the creme brulee made it to my stomach. One glass of wine. Fish had tempura on it but I only ate 1 or the three pieces, brought the rest home and will reheat for lunch tomorrow. My stomach has really shrunk I guess, because I get so full so fast nowadays that's all I could eat.
There's so much low carb life skill in this paragraph that I have to comment.

On the one hand, it feels like a cheat, so the inner bad girl can have her way. On the other hand, it's such a smart cheat that it's quickly recoverable.

Look at the proportions. Yes to the fish, no to the fries. A good bit of protein to offset the breading. Yes to the creme brulee, because it is delightful - but not to the whole thing, because that would sour the delightfulness. Next time I'll bet a third of the dessert will be pared down to two bites, and the bad girl is still happy. (Do I hear "French Women Don't Get Fat" themes here?) One glass of wine. Yes to a few fries, because they brought them anyway.

So - what, 50 grams of carbs at the most? That's not a cheat, that's a rung on the carb ladder. But it was a delightful and treat-filled night out to dinner, too.

This is what we have to learn to do in order to succeed!! Well played, Heidihoopi!!

Lynne

P.S. 186 this morning. Dr. Atkins recommended mineral supplements last night must be working already!!
Old 05-13-2012, 05:07 PM   #1061
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
Lynne, I like the way you are so positive!!! I can't say enough how much I love our supportive group here!!
Ok, here is my Menu I had today!
My husband and boy made it the best first mothers day ever!!!
They took me out to breakfast and made me a fabulous dinner!
Breakfast - Coffee/half and half, Omelet, 2 slices of tomato and 3 bites of my hubbys french toast (I really wanted french toast so he ordered some so I could have just a taste instead of me having a whole order)
Dinner - Prime rib steak, lobster with lots of melted butter and roasted asparagus
will probably have some cheese as a snack later because my hubby brought me home some Triple Cream Brie and Guinness Cheddar!
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:28 PM   #1062

Quote:
There's so much low carb life skill in this paragraph that I have to comment.

On the one hand, it feels like a cheat, so the inner bad girl can have her way. On the other hand, it's such a smart cheat that it's quickly recoverable.

Look at the proportions. Yes to the fish, no to the fries. A good bit of protein to offset the breading. Yes to the creme brulee, because it is delightful - but not to the whole thing, because that would sour the delightfulness. Next time I'll bet a third of the dessert will be pared down to two bites, and the bad girl is still happy. (Do I hear "French Women Don't Get Fat" themes here?) One glass of wine. Yes to a few fries, because they brought them anyway.

So - what, 50 grams of carbs at the most? That's not a cheat, that's a rung on the carb ladder. But it was a delightful and treat-filled night out to dinner, too.

This is what we have to learn to do in order to succeed!! Well played, Heidihoopi!!

Lynne

P.S. 186 this morning. Dr. Atkins recommended mineral supplements last night must be working already!!
Thank you Lynne. I really am changing my lifestyle this time. I was up a bit on the scale this a.m., I am so carb sensitive. But I know it will come off fast, and I am on plan today. Steak and salad for dinner.

Congrats on the 186 Lynne, you are rockin it!

boop, you made wise choices as well! Big pat on the back!!

I just realized this month has almost 5 complete weeks in it, so let's make the most of it gals!

Last edited by heidihoopi; 05-13-2012 at 05:33 PM..
Old 05-13-2012, 07:15 PM   #1063
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/193/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Happy Mother's Day to everyone. It was a wonderful day for me which means I got to WORK I made my husband help me beautify our yard which I never get to do. It was lovely. Also down to a new low this morning. 184. Yay! Ate on plan today so hoping for another loss tomorrow.

All your meals sound fabulous! I really must invite myself to dinner sometime.
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:30 AM   #1064
Senior LCF Member

Just a quick run by update cause I'm so dang excited!! Another new low Down to 183 this morning, which means in 1 month of me really buckling down, watching what I eat and recording it to make sure its ok, also ditching AS for the most part I have lost 8.4 pounds. Not too shabby!!

I'm so ready to kick this weight to the curb!
Old 05-14-2012, 07:17 AM   #1065
Major LCF Poster!

Very nice Elise!!! Great job everyone!

I had my first cheat day in 3 months (well, 2 days shy of 3 months) and I'm feeling it this morning. I won't go into details, but did basically ok all day and then totally caved at dinner last night. Meat & Eggs and Coffee & Cream <gg> for me this week. Scale showed a tiny upswing. It'll probably be worse tomorrow, but back on plan and hopefully it'll be erased by next weekend.

Hang in there everyone!
Old 05-14-2012, 07:38 AM   #1066
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
Start Date: 06/22/09
Ive not been doing what Im supposed to. I've had a rough last month, eating things i shouldnt, not exercising like I should, because of dealing with life stress. This morning I'm picking myself up and getting my **** together and pushing forward with what I need to do.

I know I'm up a lot but haven't weighed. Not going to. IDK if I can make my 199 goal by June 22. I'm going to try though.

I wish life would just pause for a while so I can focus on me again. I don't want to think about my relationship constantly. I don't want to deal with work. I don't want to think about the tragedy my family is dealing with right now. I just want to go to the gym, clear my mind, and be left alone.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:58 AM   #1067
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle

Wish I could help ease the stress a bit for you...
Old 05-14-2012, 09:58 AM   #1068
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle...

When life sends you a steep hill - it's reasonable to slow down to first gear and just be darn glad you're not going backwards.
I know that's hard for us overachiever types to do, but I think that covering three feet of distance when the hill is steep is just as important a part of the game as flying 90 miles an hour where it's flat. (Maybe more important.)

I believe you are a winner, and I know you are a valued part of our winning team here.

Elise, you are rocking it too you rock star girl!!! Turns out that lc cake wasn't such a bad idea after all!

Boop, your husband is a treasure. All that delicious cheeeeese...

Great job everybody!!! Thank you for being here.

Lynne

P.S. 185 this morning. Thank you, Dr. Atkins!!!

Oh, and I almost forgot to make a terribly important announcement:

MY SKINNY JEANS FIT THIS MORNING. Yes, I'm sitting here in my size 16's, and they fit like...yay. Perfectly.

(Thank you to all the challenge-mates that made this moment possible.)
Old 05-14-2012, 10:06 AM   #1069
Major LCF Poster!

Awesome Lynne!!! WooHoo for skinny jeans and new lows!!! 180 was my low the first time I did Atkins in 2003 and I was pretty darned comfortable, so I KNOW you're feeling good! Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy!!!
Old 05-14-2012, 12:29 PM   #1070
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you, Tami!

One more announcement: I just got back from the bmi calculator, and as of this morning, I am OVERWEIGHT.

(Not obese.)

All the stars aligned for me this morning!

Lynne
Old 05-14-2012, 02:34 PM   #1071

Quote:
Just a quick run by update cause I'm so dang excited!! Another new low Down to 183 this morning, which means in 1 month of me really buckling down, watching what I eat and recording it to make sure its ok, also ditching AS for the most part I have lost 8.4 pounds. Not too shabby!!

I'm so ready to kick this weight to the curb!
Glad you found your groooooove girlfriend!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
I had my first cheat day in 3 months (well, 2 days shy of 3 months) and I'm feeling it this morning. I won't go into details, but did basically ok all day and then totally caved at dinner last night. Meat & Eggs and Coffee & Cream <gg> for me this week. Scale showed a tiny upswing. It'll probably be worse tomorrow, but back on plan and hopefully it'll be erased by next weekend.
Hey, life happens. The important thing is you are back on board!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoods View Post
Ive not been doing what Im supposed to. I've had a rough last month, eating things i shouldnt, not exercising like I should, because of dealing with life stress. This morning I'm picking myself up and getting my **** together and pushing forward with what I need to do.

I know I'm up a lot but haven't weighed. Not going to. IDK if I can make my 199 goal by June 22. I'm going to try though.

I wish life would just pause for a while so I can focus on me again. I don't want to think about my relationship constantly. I don't want to deal with work. I don't want to think about the tragedy my family is dealing with right now. I just want to go to the gym, clear my mind, and be left alone.
*sigh* Gosh, I wish there was something I could do for you honey. All I can do is give you a virtual hug and tell you it will get better, and it will. Just takes time. We all go thru hard times, it will pass. Take good care of yourself right now, do some special things like get a massage or pedicure, etc, that is very important.

You are important to us on this challenge.

Quote:
Lynne

P.S. 185 this morning. Thank you, Dr. Atkins!!!

Oh, and I almost forgot to make a terribly important announcement:

MY SKINNY JEANS FIT THIS MORNING. Yes, I'm sitting here in my size 16's, and they fit like...yay. Perfectly.

(Thank you to all the challenge-mates that made this moment possible.)

One more announcement: I just got back from the bmi calculator, and as of this morning, I am OVERWEIGHT.

(Not obese.) All the stars aligned for me this morning!

Lynne

You deserve it! You are our best cheerleader, and I for one appreciate YOU! ENJOY!!

~ ~

OK, enough about you guys, on to me. I'm down a good bit of what I went up yesterday so that's the good news, not all the way, but on the way...

More good news...I went to a brunch and lecture with a group of friends this morning and got lots of compliments. People are finally starting to notice! (only took 40 lbs )

Annnnnnnd, I CAN NOW CROSS MY LEGS! I mean I can cross them easily, without having to lift one leg by the pants and throw it over the other. Yes kids, that's what I had to do!

The not so good news---I have Bunco tonight with the neighbor ladies and I will be sorely tempted with all the goodies...

HEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP!

OK. I HEREBY PROMISE I WILL EAT ONLY LOW CARB GOODIES TONITE AT BUNCO, I SWEAR IT ON MY PINKY RING!

~

Last edited by heidihoopi; 05-14-2012 at 02:44 PM..
Old 05-14-2012, 09:57 PM   #1072
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2, 2009

So how did you do???
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:07 PM   #1073

I kept my promise, not one sugary thing! I knew I had to come back here and report in!

But boy was it hard, she had loads of goodies.

~

Last edited by heidihoopi; 05-14-2012 at 11:08 PM..
Old 05-15-2012, 04:09 AM   #1074
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
Good Morning Everyone!

I'm so sorry to hear how life is treating you Michelle. I'll be praying that things turn around soon so you can focus on what's most important --- you!

misscobi - are you back on track? A cheat is good for the soul and body once in a while.

Congratulations to lynne, heidi, and brew for their milestones. I think we all tend to overlook the little things that can bring us such joy! BMI, skinny jeans, leg crossing --- fantastic

Scale jumping from back and forth from 221 to 222.5 the last few days. Maybe this means a loss is on the way! I sure hope so --- let's see 219 real soon, boop!
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:24 AM   #1075
Senior LCF Member

So excited for you guys breaking into new teens, always a moral booster.

Michelle, I know its rough right now so just do whatever makes you feel good and try to keep focus on how far you've come. You will get this! Onederland is not far away and all of us here will be there to cheer you on.

No news here. Still holding steady at 183 but that is ok. I need to drink more water today and cut down on the cherry tomatoes I bought for the kids that I have been eating like candy but they are yummy.

My mini goal is to see 179 by next week. Its not going to happen but boy would it be great.

Oh, my yippee moment yesterday was that I was able to button and zip a pair of size 14 jeans without either lying on the bed or passing out from lack of oxygen. I just stood up and zipped em. How's that for a motivation. Yay! The last time I was in size 12's was when I was 17 years old. Eeek! I can't wait for that moment.

What is everyone else's mini goal for right now?

Last edited by brewstate; 05-15-2012 at 05:27 AM..
Old 05-15-2012, 06:30 AM   #1076
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
One more announcement: I just got back from the bmi calculator, and as of this morning, I am OVERWEIGHT. (Not obese.)
Lynne
Love it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidihoopi View Post
Annnnnnnd, I CAN NOW CROSS MY LEGS! I mean I can cross them easily
YES! I so remember this feeling! WooHoo!

Quote:
Oh, my yippee moment yesterday was that I was able to button and zip a pair of size 14 jeans without either lying on the bed or passing out from lack of oxygen. I just stood up and zipped em. How's that for a motivation. Yay! The last time I was in size 12's was when I was 17 years old. Eeek! I can't wait for that moment.

Awesome!!! You'll be in those 12's in no time!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
misscobi - are you back on track? A cheat is good for the soul and body once in a while.
Thanks. I am back on track. Had coffee/h&h and a HB egg yest morning, two with some mayo & mustard for lunch, and a double double protein style minus the tomato & about half the onion for dinner

I didn't weigh this morning, maybe tomorrow...

Last edited by misscobi; 05-15-2012 at 06:31 AM..
Old 05-15-2012, 07:20 AM   #1077
Big Yapper!!!!

Thank you guys so much, really. I almost just started crying. Sometimes you just need to hear that people care and believe in you. Yesterday was rough, but I got through with my food on plan like I wanted and I went to Body step last night. So yay me. I also got some foods cooked up for the week. I'm just thinking about myself right now. Everyone else is just going to have to take care of themselves. I lost my way for a little while, but Ive came home.

Heidi-great job at Bunco! My problem would be staying away from the alcohol!........Then the goodies lol. It's a vicious cycle.

Elise-I'm so excited for you to get to your 12's! I know you can do it. How tall are you btw? I'm 5'5" and I'm in a 18 at 207.

Bronwyn-Thank you so much for your prayers. Right now I'm just putting my faith in God and letting him carry me through. I just can't do it right now. I have to have faith in him that he will see me through to whatever outcome is meant to be. I hope you see 219 soon! I remember when I got out of the 220's, it was the most amazing feeling!

Lynne-Congrats on being "Overweight". I hate those stupid bmi calculators. They are dumb.

My plan n menu for today:
B-coffee, 1 sweet n low, glucc pudding
L-Turkey sausage/mushroom soup w/miracle rice
S-Gorton tilapia if needed before workout
D-Turkeky Sausage/Mushroom soup or bacon/radish fried with shiratake/parm/lc ketchup. I had it last night and it was nummers.
S-glucc pudding if needed.

And body combat tonight at 5:30. If I can fit more in during the day, I will.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:27 AM   #1078
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyLiz
Stats: pregnant
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: April 3, 2011
well, after TOM, i'm still hovering at 200. wedding is 10 days away, and after that we're taking a week-long cruise, so i KNOW i'll be gaining weight on the boat since so many things are out of my control. My body doesn't seem to like the 100's
AmyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:57 AM   #1079
Major LCF Poster!

Good job, Heidihoopi!! And thank you, my dear, I appreciate being appreciated.

And congratulations on the leg-crossing thing; I'm enjoying crossing my legs these days, too. It's the little things.

Michelle, I must say your food sounds GOOD. Particularly that bacon/radish thing, I may have to go get me some bacon and radishes and get that thing going on at my house. Ooh, I should plant some radishes in my garden!

Brew, good on ya with the size 14s!

My mini-goals?

Hm...I want to get to 180 by the end of the month, and I want to get more exercise, some of which involving actual sweat. The jogging thing isn't working out so well because my joints are not up to it yet. I keep twinge-ing things like my knees for example that I would not be happy to damage. So I'm considering finding one of those personal trampoline things.

Most of my personal goals are not weight related right now.

Keep on keeping on, my sistahs!!

Lynne

P.S. 187 this morning. Fluctuations don't impress me anymore, I always win in the end.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:04 AM   #1080
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Michelle, I must say your food sounds GOOD. Particularly that bacon/radish thing, I may have to go get me some bacon and radishes and get that thing going on at my house. Ooh, I should plant some radishes in my garden!
I've always enjoyed fried bacon and radish since starting LC. It's like hash browns. Put some LC ketchup and mmmmm. But for sustinance (sp?) I added a bag of shiratake and some parm.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote