Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2012, 08:54 AM   #991
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/192/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Happy2be I think the greatest thing about this WOE is learning your limits and I think that's what you are working on, what we are all working on. I KNOW I can eat potatoes etc very occasionally but I can NEVER have sugar. It takes me to a bad place. Obviously I'm not perfect, far from it, or I would be at goal by now (or even not obese I've eaten stuff because it sounded good more times than you can know but I've managed to shrug it off and keep on moving. I think in the end, that's the main thing that makes people successful is the idea that I may have eaten badly yesterday but what am I going to eat today and tomorrow? If eating all that stuff put you in a better mindset and more ready to eat better today, I don't think it was wrong. Just shake it off and do your thing today. I even had a little Chinese food not long ago *gasp* but I'm still here day after day. It does slow me down but the important thing is I'm here.

You are doing absolutely amazing and losing much faster than me so you're obviously doing something right! I hope I didn't offend you with anything.

Last edited by brewstate; 05-04-2012 at 09:00 AM..
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2012, 09:25 AM   #992
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
188 this morning.

Only 3 more pounds to go before I go from obese to overweight. I can't WAIT to be overweight.

Amanda, hang in there, girl. That scale's gotta quit bouncing soon.

Good job everybody!!

Lynne
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:28 AM   #993
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
188 this morning.

Only 3 more pounds to go before I go from obese to overweight. I can't WAIT to be overweight.

Great job, Lynne!
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:51 AM   #994
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Elise, nope no worries. I'm glad to have the support.

Lynne~ Awesome, I can't wait to be overweight.

I will be back to post more, just running through before I head out for the day.
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:09 AM   #995
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
That's fantastic, Lynne! We're all rooting for you.

I have upped my exercise level so for the past few days the scale moved from 223 to 226 and was a bit freaked out it. Thankfully, I increased my water intake and my body got adjusted - at 222 this morning!
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:52 AM   #996
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
Awesome losing ladies!!! happy to see the bouncing downwards! I'm later than usual, this morning I was rushing to get out to the gym on time... that is 3 days in a row at the gym for me!!!
So I am up 2lb today , but not bothered by it because I did Bodypump yesterday (a fairly intense hour of weights), and from what I have read, muscles retain water or something as they repair etc... but that is what I am contributing it towards! lol hoping to be down to the teens by Monday, as that is my go back to work date, and its a mental goal for me.

End of the World challenge 191.8/179.4/174

Getting Angry for Autumn Challenge 211.4/192.4/191.8
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:18 PM   #997
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: heidihoopi
WOE: LC My Way
Scale said down another lb this morning! and I actually saw 233 on the scale once too, so it must not be far off.

My secrets? Lol. Other than the usual things and Low Carb, I Eat less now than I used too, smaller portions, and often 4 mini meals a day. This works I think because I've discovered drinking hot tea. I've tried a lot to find my favorites, and it's warm and satisfying. Who knew I think I've told you guys this before, but I really think there is something to drinking the Lemon teas and Bigelows Cinnamon tea. I try to get in 2-3 cups of tea a day, only herbal in the evening.

I also think the Greek Gods pomegranate yogurt has a secret ingredient that makes me lose. It's delicious besides. (never more than 1 a day). I treat myself to 2 dark chocolate Godiva Pearls every night at bedtime too. I get them at Kohl's when I have a 20 or 30% off coupon, they are in a small tin.

Water, 4 large glasses a day in addition to the tea and 2 cups of java with heavy whipping cream per day.

Small portions of food, breakfast when I have it is usually only 1 soft boiled egg mashed with butter. Dinner is always protein and veggies, big bowl of soup or a salad with protein, or a low carb casserole. Getting enough fat seems to be important.

Lunch/Dinner Soup!! I try to make a big batch of homemade low carb cream or brothe based soup every week and I have that for dinner 2 nights a week, and have the leftovers for lunch several times. I think that helps keeps the weeks calories low.

I also think an underlying 'secret' is that I'm happy now, I have volunteer work that I love, is fullfilling, intellectually stimulating, rewarding, social and fun! I feel good about myself and so I think that makes me want to take good care of myself. My knees keep feeling so much better with each lb I lose too, and that is motivating as well. Life is pretty much stress free for me now too, and I work to keep it that way.

And of course, not sweating the fluctuations and getting back on plan when "life intervenes" lol. Cut yourself some slack, you're human!

Todays Words of Wisdom from heidihoopi, lol. Love you guys.

Last edited by heidihoopi; 05-04-2012 at 12:21 PM..
heidihoopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:39 PM   #998
Major LCF Poster!

Location: Arkansas --aka too far away from where I'd like to be ;)
Gallery: Amgarrett616
Stats: 228/193.0/140
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/06/11
Wow. I just measured myself and all this time I thought I was 5'8" maybe 5'9". I'm barely 5'6"!!!!! Ha! Ima shortie n I didn't even know it!
Amgarrett616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:12 AM   #999
Major LCF Poster!

Ate well breakfast and lunch, drank a bunch of water, then got into a fight with DH and skulked off to bed about 8pm. The argument??? who was going to cook dinner! I just flew off the handle and refused and pouted. I got up about 11:30 and ate about a dozen pieces of little tortellini in alfredo sauce, and half a diet Mt Dew. So...didn't bother weighing this morning. All's forgiven and forgotten but I think job stress has given me a hair-trigger tempter lately
Old 05-05-2012, 05:27 AM   #1000
Senior LCF Member

Great advice Heidi! I'm going to have to try the tea idea (and all your other tips). Supposedly, there is something about cinnamon that causes weight loss.

Amanda, you're still not short! I call myself 5'4 but I'm probably more like 5'3, and even taller if I refuse to remove high heels to be measured

Lynne, I can't believe how fast you are losing weight! Your numbers are making me jealous and then I have to remind myself its not a competition

Bronwyn, too funny. My husband cooks on the weekends and I cook on weekdays but sometimes I have to make sure its done by the time he gets home because otherwise he will drag us out for takeout as soon as he gets home, which never ends well. That's my motivation to cook!
Old 05-05-2012, 07:53 AM   #1001
Major LCF Poster!

Well ok. Not short. But much shorter than I thought I was. Maybe I'm shrinking. Hehe.

194.4. A little loss is a loss.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:08 AM   #1002
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyLiz
Stats: pregnant
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: April 3, 2011
197.4! new low!!
AmyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:35 AM   #1003
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidihoopi View Post
I also think an underlying 'secret' is that I'm happy now, I have volunteer work that I love, is fullfilling, intellectually stimulating, rewarding, social and fun! I feel good about myself and so I think that makes me want to take good care of myself. My knees keep feeling so much better with each lb I lose too, and that is motivating as well. Life is pretty much stress free for me now too, and I work to keep it that way.
This. It's amazing how much this happiness thing matters to weight loss.

Congratulations to the losers!!

Two words for all you dinner-cookers: Crock. Pot.

Speaking of dinner - I had the most delicious thing for dinner last night, I have to share it with you all. No, no crockpot was involved.

Chicken breast, red bell pepper, garlic and onion sauteed in coconut oil...then about a tsp or tsp and a half of garam masala at the end.

In another bowl, coleslaw mix and asian sesame ginger dressing.

Two lc tortillas, with a half tbsp of peanut butter spread on each one them; put a clump of the coleslaw mix and a bunch of the chicken mix on the tortilla, top with sriracha, and wrap it up. It was so yummy!

Well, back to work for me!!

Lynne

P.S. 189 this morning. "The Girls" are shrinking, though, so I think I must be losing fat again, despite no movement on the scale.

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:41 AM   #1004
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
I'm pouting today because I am still up. Mind you I have been at gym 4 days in a row (including 2 classes this morning) so I am hoping that has something to do with it. But I measured today too, and I am not down any inches either...
But I feel mentally better with the working out thing. So i guess that counts for something!
Have a great weekend all!
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:44 PM   #1005
Major LCF Poster!

Great advice Heidi! Thanks!

Bron, glad the fight has been forgiven & forgotten! Now to get the tortalini out of the system

Lynne, your dinner sounds fabulous! A little scary for me, but still fabulous! Will revisit it when I get smaller

Congrats on the losses! WooHoo AmyLiz!

Boop, there's no doubt the scale will start moving with all of that working out! Just give it some time and keep up the great work! I'm still in awe of those of you who work out faithfully!

As for me, I'm down a pound today to 243. Getting there, getting there, getting there... That still leaves me with 23 pounds to lose to hit my very ambitious goal for this challenge. That's starting to sound a bit daunting, but we'll see
Old 05-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #1006

Weighed this morning, down another lb. Guess it's my week to lose, that's 3 lbs gone this week. Today however I was out and about and strayed off plan with a panini and tonight we had taco salad and I confess I ate a few too many dorito chips. Good reminder how addicting they are and are best avoided completely!~!!! Oh well, it's only once in a rare blue moon. Life goes on, just hope the damages aren't too bad in the a.m.

Last edited by heidihoopi; 05-05-2012 at 09:57 PM..
Old 05-05-2012, 10:16 PM   #1007
Major LCF Poster!

Lynne that sounds so yumm! Wish I was that creative with my food!
Old 05-06-2012, 07:27 AM   #1008
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
Start Date: 06/22/09
I haven't weighed because the past about 3 weeks, I've been going through a lot. I was really sick for about a week and a half, then I had some serious personal issues in my relationship. I have been eating LC but lots of nuts, cheese, bars, snacky foods, and not getting a lot of exercise in. But I'm going to try my hardest today to get back into my routine.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:49 AM   #1009
Major LCF Poster!

Mswoods, I hope things are okay now.
I've so been where u are girl. (I think from what u have said on here) pm me if u wanna talk okay?

I'm at 194.0 today. Thank goodness my scale is finally starting to creep again. But it's TIME for Tom. Don't mean it will happen. I just dread the gain if it does.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:44 PM   #1010

Ugh, the scaled floated upwards. But I am on track today and pushing the water and the tea ao hopefully it will float back down tomorrow and take some extra with it!
Old 05-06-2012, 04:20 PM   #1011
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle, sure hope things are getting straightened out with you & your significant other. Relationship stress is the absolute worst. Good for you for staying low carb. Hang in there sweetie!

Glad the scale's starting to creep downward, Amanda!

Hang in there Heidi... you know the routine

I'm down another today... or at least I was this morning. That seems like so long ago. lol Was up and out of the house with the kiddo by 6:40.

Hope everyone had a good weekend...
Old 05-06-2012, 06:29 PM   #1012
Senior LCF Member

Ugh. TOM here and I was not good today. I made BettyR's chocolate pound cake last night with a cream cheese frosting and ate NOTHING but cake today. Oh, and diet soda. It was only 4 pieces total (2 for breakfast and 2 for lunch, of course ) and technically low carb, but still not my best showing. I'm forgiving myself and moving off. HOpe everyone else is doing better than me this weekend. Back on track monday, I promise.

Hang in there MsWoods. Personal stuff is the hardest when it comes to eating. You'll get back on track.

Last edited by brewstate; 05-06-2012 at 06:30 PM..
Old 05-07-2012, 07:01 AM   #1013
Major LCF Poster!

Still the same this morning.... pretty much as expected since I dropped yesterday. Hubby & the kids seem little whirlwinds of drama lately... or maybe it's my perception with TOM here? lol That could be it. Anyway... just going to keep chugging along...
Old 05-07-2012, 10:08 AM   #1014
Major LCF Poster!

Back at 223.5 this morning *blech* but as misscobi said, we all know the evil scale routine, don't we?!

I have all you lovelies have a great day!
Old 05-07-2012, 10:27 AM   #1015
Major LCF Poster!

I think imma hop over to the grocery store and get some deli meat (roast beef maybe or turkey??) for lunch. I've been eating out too much lately. I was stuck at 194.0 again this morning.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:44 PM   #1016

Ugh, scale is not budging. This may call for drastic measures.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:16 AM   #1017
Major LCF Poster!

221.5 this morning!!! Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-08-2012, 07:48 AM   #1018
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
221.5 this morning!!! Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine bounced the other direction... 244 this morning... not cool.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:59 AM   #1019
Major LCF Poster!

Good on ya, Bronwyn!

Heidihoopi, you have some good basics, maybe it's time to adjust? I'm kind of dealing with that too.

I'm experimenting with eating a bit less if I can do it without feeling unloved. As the weather gets warmer, that gets easier and easier - I'm going to just go with it and not feel like I have to eat as much as I did before if I don't want to.

I'm also carefully adding some carbs here and there, because that's helped me wiggle down the scale in the past.

Amanda, good thought on the "eating out". Smart!

Brew, the cake sounds pretty good. I'll be right over.

Misscobi, they're not in middle school, are they? If so, then I'm pretty sure the drama is not TOM.

MsWoods, man-stress is awful, I agree with everybody on that. But good on ya for staying away from the sugar (and the scale) though, right?

Lynne

P.S. 187 this morning!! I know I can take it ALL OFF now!!
Old 05-08-2012, 11:20 AM   #1020
Major LCF Poster!

Lynne! WooHoo!!!! Way to break into the 180's you skinny thing!

Oh and Haha... middle school drama is the worst! But, nope, they're in college & college bound.

The one finishing up his second year at a military academy, one of our country's finest institutions, isn't sure if it's the right place for him anymore and may be coming home/changing course. Seriously - free school, guaranteed decent paying job straight out of school, but 5 years military commitment and it really does have to be a good fit... He'll be 20 this week so mom & dad don't have much say. He's a great kid, bright with a good head on his shoulders. He'll be ok whatever he decides, but this seemed perfect for him? We'll see.. .

The other is graduating HS and has no clue what he wants to do, so it's community college for him. Registration was this morning. There are no available math classes that he can take, so right now he has 2 personal development classes (ok, probably needed, but 2???), an English class, and PE which is just the training class for the sport he'll be playing. He's right at 12 units, really should be at 15, and needs that darned math class. He had prom last weekend and is just costing us a freaking fortune this month. Will be glad when he gets back to his life guarding job in the next couple of weeks!

They're great kids, but it seems just when everything is set and you think you know what's coming next it all blows up and you have to start over! lol We'll all be ok... eventually

Oh, and the DH doesn't want to go to their sporting events anymore, doesn't want to do this or that, only wants to find time (and $) for himself and his hobbies... kind of a natural progression, I guess, but he's being a little too selfish if you ask me! Can you say mid-life crisis? Ugh. lol