Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 10:18 PM   #961
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Brew~ I feel your pain. I'm in 18's now and had none. I won't buy anything new though. I found some slightly used ones that will be just fine until I get to goal.
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2012, 05:26 AM   #962
Major LCF Poster!

Location: Arkansas --aka too far away from where I'd like to be ;)
Gallery: Amgarrett616
Stats: 228/193.0/140
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/06/11
194.6. Hurray!!!
Amgarrett616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:29 AM   #963
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/193/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
WTG Amanda You'll be in the 80's soon.

Happy2be: I have felt that way in the past and truthfully I take a little time to eat some more indulgent food and forget about weight loss for a while. If you don't you're going to jump off the wagon hard at some point. I would add in some LC food that you absolutely love and in copious amounts until you feel a little less "funky". I recommend cream cheese pudding for a dessert or spinach lasagna for a main dish. Its yummy and always makes me feel less deprived. Just check out linda's website and get some really awesome recipes and try to enjoy for a few days and see if that helps. You have come so far in such a short time you may just need a mini break from weight loss. Then get serious again as soon as the stress is a little lower. Otherwise carby food always gets way too tempting for me.

Ladies, I need some good feeling vibes headed my way. I have a bake sale I have to cook for tomorrow and wow, I haven't had this much junk ingredients in my house in a while. Powdered sugar, brown sugar, white flour, Pufa oil, chocolate chips and pudding. Need I say more? I'm hoping for the strength not to eat any or at least not lick my finger too much Maybe if I know I'll have to confess here, I can keep it clean. Did I ever mention I'm a recovering sugar addict

Last edited by brewstate; 05-01-2012 at 05:55 AM..
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:10 AM   #964
Major LCF Poster!

Brew u can do it! I am a cake decorator on the side. More of a hobby than anything else but I like to think I'm pretty good at it. My fans HATE my diet cuz I turn down so many orders these days n just do it for REALLY special family n friends bc it's too tempting. I keep a towel right handy and wipe those fingers. It's a GREAT feeling to see ur baked goods n know that u didn't even lick a finger!
Old 05-01-2012, 07:00 AM   #965
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Way to go Elise! My pants are falling off as we speak <gg> but I'm home today so wearing my saggy baggies.

Melanie, I'm the same way. It's hard to just get in the right frame of mind sometimes... and I usually don't post as much either when I'm just not feeling it. You did great getting home to that ham steak, though! I know how hard that can be! Good job! Brew's advise is awesome, too. It's what I did this weekend without thinking about it like that, but the HWC is now gone and banished for a while longer and I'm ready to move on.

Yay Amanda!

Elise, that's going to be tough, but you're a strong woman! Couldn't hurt to print out a couple of before pictures & hang them in strategic spots while you're baking. Good luck!

I'm down another pound today. I know this rapid weight loss can't last, but I'm loving loving loving it for as long as it does! I need to stop getting on and off my scale. Seems the first reading is always lower. I swear the first reading before I had wiped the sleepy out of my eyes was 242-243, but repeated efforts landed me at 244. I'll take it and hope for lower numbers in the next couple of days
Old 05-01-2012, 07:27 AM   #966
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: catr31
Stats: 205/169/145
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Restarted 1/3/14
I dropped 5.8 lbs overnight! Not quite down to where I was before the weekend but really close.

So something exciting happened at work yesterday....my boss bought us all Ipads! Of course we are expected to use them for work sometimes, but they are for our own personal use and he will never ask for them back.
catr31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:29 AM   #967
Major LCF Poster!

Cathy 5.8 pounds and a new ipad? Are you sure you're not still dreaming? Huge Congrats! :
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:42 AM   #968
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
I swear the first reading before I had wiped the sleepy out of my eyes was 242-243, but repeated efforts landed me at 244. I'll take it and hope for lower numbers in the next couple of days
I call that my scale's punishment for not believing it the first time Usually if I weigh a couple times it only gets worse and worse until I start cussing and promising to throw it out the window. It seems to get the picture and gives me my original first weight weight back. I think it fears for its life
Old 05-01-2012, 10:55 AM   #969
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstate View Post
I call that my scale's punishment for not believing it the first time Usually if I weigh a couple times it only gets worse and worse until I start cussing and promising to throw it out the window. It seems to get the picture and gives me my original first weight weight back. I think it fears for its life
I WILL be trying this tomorrow morning! Those scales and the cruel tricks they play on us. Not cool I tell you, not cool!
Old 05-01-2012, 06:35 PM   #970
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: heidihoopi
WOE: LC My Way
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy2be View Post
Hello, I'm here. I notice that when I am not doing so well I don't post as much. I haven't eaten off plan but my heart just isn't in it right now. I have been crazy busy and the scale isn't budging. I'm not taking the time to prepare the food like I should and am not eating enough. I really want a piece of pizza. I need to workout this week, but just haven't had the energy or time yet. So thats my story. Trying to get out of this funk. Oh and also really cemented that I am an emotional eater tonight. I felt it and resisted it. Had a crummy evening to do with work and immediately I was wanting DQ and bad fried foods. But I resisted and came home and had a half of a ham steak.
You sound just like me! I had the same thing going on a few weeks ago and no loss and I am soo an emotional eater too. I even picked up Papa Murphy's pizza one night I was so busy! Give yourself one week off plan maybe, and then get back on. Just don't go crazy. I eat macademia nuts, Greek Gods yogurt, sf jello and whip cream, progresso soups (very satisfying and lo cal), and push hot tea during these time--works. HTH. I'm back on plan now and the weight is melting off this week. Persevere, never give up! Your health depends on it, believe you me.

So anyway, I step on the scale this morning, and down another lb.

Hallelujah! My pants are starting to fall off and I look like a bag lady. I have no size 20's or 18's in the closet, I don't know where they all went , I have 16's but they are way too small yet. Guess I will just have to go shopping!!

*off to change my stats*

Last edited by heidihoopi; 05-01-2012 at 06:39 PM..
heidihoopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:53 PM   #971
Major LCF Poster!

Elise, Tami and Heidi.

Thank you so much for the ideas and encouragement!!!! Such awesome advice. Elise, I never thought about it that way about just crashing and really giving in. I am going to find some good indulgent good for you foods and go with it for a week and see what happens.

I'm printing all three of your posts out for reference.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:54 AM   #972
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
I am back at 223... scale went down to 222.6, then 222.4, and then settled on 223. I think our scales are all in cahoots with these games they are playing lately! Hoping to say goodbye to 233 forever tomorrow though!

Last edited by boop13; 05-02-2012 at 05:04 AM..
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:59 AM   #973
Major LCF Poster!

Boop do u mean 223?

Morning yall!! Still 194.6. I'll take it I guess.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:06 AM   #974
Senior LCF Member

Haha yes 223! I don't ever want to see that # again... even if it is just a typo!
Old 05-02-2012, 06:29 AM   #975
Senior LCF Member

Up a pound but TOM just a day or so away so I'm not too stressed. Most importantly, I made it through baking without eating any. Although I did have to taste my glaze to make sure it tasted ok but I tasted, not ate an entire batch

heidihoopi you are dropping like a stone! Give me you secret, please!

Melanie, I've found several times if I focus too much on weight loss I really give myself problems. As I said, I don't usually go "off" low carb per say as that causes too many sugar cravings in me but I do eat nuts and cream cheese and all the lc food that I usually limit to gain weight. At least in me, if I eat too low carb for too long I will develop a mild case of depression. Hope things pick up for you!
Old 05-02-2012, 08:31 AM   #976
Major LCF Poster!

Well done ladies! Congrats on the pound down, Heidi! Hang in there Melanie... you've got this! I was the same this morning... not even a little bounce lower. 'tis ok
Old 05-02-2012, 09:52 AM   #977
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstate View Post
Up a pound but TOM just a day or so away so I'm not too stressed. Most importantly, I made it through baking without eating any. Although I did have to taste my glaze to make sure it tasted ok but I tasted, not ate an entire batch

heidihoopi you are dropping like a stone! Give me you secret, please!

Melanie, I've found several times if I focus too much on weight loss I really give myself problems. As I said, I don't usually go "off" low carb per say as that causes too many sugar cravings in me but I do eat nuts and cream cheese and all the lc food that I usually limit to gain weight. At least in me, if I eat too low carb for too long I will develop a mild case of depression. Hope things pick up for you!
Good job on the tasting only, Brew. That's a lot harder than it looks, huh? Applause, applause!!

heidihoopi, let's hear it!! What is your secret?

Melanie, I totally concur with Brew on this.
I think in fact (if I may step back up on my soap box) that this is a phase we all have to go through if we're really going to make this a WOE and not a diet. If there are only two gears - being good "on" plan and being bad "off" plan, then all the shades of gray that make up real life turn eating into a battlefield. Sometimes you just gotta drive 20 minutes to Walmart like Amanda did and get those SF chocolates and say oh well, that's life, and aren't these SF chocolates yummy!!...and not let guilt over our imperfections lead us to Twinkies.

Yesterday I did something like this, too. I am so stressed out over a writing project I'm working on that I ate ice cream AND pudding after dinner. Not my best eating day. But today's another day, and at least I didn't go buy a six pack of Guinness.

My two cents. Rock on, everybody!! I'm proud of us for still being here, with all our imperfectness, to cheer each other on to victory.

Lynne

P.S. 190 still. But I have been exercising, and it's making me feel good!! I think that's going to be the thing I add for May. Sweat!!

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:20 PM   #978
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sweetpoison
Stats: 225/224/160
WOE: 80/20 PRIMAL
Start Date: 08/22/2014
Glad to see so many have hung in regardless of success or not. As I am sure everyone can see I once again abandoned ship.... nothing I can say...no one to blame but me... again. But I am happy to see the group is hanging into the end.

Vicki
sweetpoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:34 PM   #979
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki, great to see you pop in here! Now, get your booty in gear girl! There's still lots of time to see a nice loss

Lynne, I love your practical advise. Makes so much sense! We're all in this for the long haul and have to make it work for us.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:44 PM   #980
Senior LCF Member

I just wanted to pop back in and say I did it! I joined the gym officially today! I am going back tonight for my first class as a member... Bodyflow. I am very much looking forward to it! ````
Old 05-02-2012, 10:17 PM   #981
Major LCF Poster!

Hello all. I am feeling much better today. DH and I had a talk tonight he was saying he was really wanting some chips and dip. I told him how I had been feeling latetly and told him that I think that we need to give in to the things that we absolutely want and then get back to it. I agree with you so much Lynne, that we need to not look at it as a good plan day or bad plan day but instead as a day and what we chose to eat for all the grey days.

So today I ate the following:
B: low fat vanilla yogurt
L: Salad and two pieces of pizza
D: roast and pretzel sticks
S: Bowl of golden grahams with skim milk

Also went to Zumba and got my butt kicked.

Old 05-03-2012, 05:58 AM   #982
Major LCF Poster!

I worked really late again lat night and I'm gonna go to work late this morning so I'm awake but lazy. I'm laying here trying to analyze my meals yesterday and predict what the scale is gonna say this morning. If there was a smiley biting its nails, that's be me right now.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:12 AM   #983
Senior LCF Member

I'm down!!! 221.8! That's right... Almost in the teens! I have been doing the M/E thing again, and let me tell you, I am solo sick of eggs. But its working so hanging in at least one more day!
Old 05-03-2012, 06:41 AM   #984
Major LCF Poster!

Great job everyone! Congrats on the new low Boop!

Nada for me today.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:15 AM   #985
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
189 this morning.

Happy2be, a carbathon is not quite what we were talking about when we said "gray days". I should have been more clear when I said I ate ice cream and pudding after dinner - I meant lc ice cream and lc pudding. It was too many treats for a "good" eating day, but it's recoverable.

I think that's the point Brew and I (and others) were making.

A carbathon, meaning carbs at every meal, is different. Maybe you're a person who can eat carbs and get back on the horse the next day, but it's hard for me to hear about it. In the world of addiction this is called a "dope-a-logue", where people come to recovery meetings and talk about using drugs, and it's detrimental for other people's recovery because it's triggering for other people with addictions.

You know?

So, sorry if I gave the wrong impression.

Lynne

P.S. I think I'm going to go out of my mind with stress. Think good thoughts for me today!
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:51 AM   #986
Major LCF Poster!

I'm up AGAIN. But only a teeny bit. I'm blaming it on water an late night an praying for a good loss tomarrow. 195.2.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:59 AM   #987
Senior LCF Member

Great job everyone! WTG boop, almost in the teens.

Happy2be, I agree with Lynne and think that maybe I didn't word what I was trying to say correctly. Although there was nothing "nutritionally" wrong with what you ate (and far be it from me to tell you what to eat) I think what we meant was try figure out ways to turn what you are craving into low carb goodness that won't set you back (you may not loose but you won't gain weight either) like pizza toppings on a lc pita with lots of ooey gooey cheese (joseph's is really good) or desserts made with almond flour, cream cheese, whatever your heart desires. If you husband is craving chips and dip how about pork rinds or veggies and sour cream dip, totally low carb and also won't lead to more temptation. It tastes great so you don't feel deprived but you also don't have to deal with the weight gain from the carbs. Does that make more sense?

Hang in there, you will figure this all out. Just take it one day at a time and what works for one will not work for the other, but you've got this
Old 05-03-2012, 02:14 PM   #988
Major LCF Poster!

ELise and Lynne~ No I think you worded it just right, but I interpreted it a whole other way into how I wanted to.

I am also sorry for making you feel bad. I didn't mean to do that with my post. I messed up and know that I did.

Last edited by Happy2be; 05-03-2012 at 02:20 PM..
Old 05-04-2012, 07:02 AM   #989
Major LCF Poster!

Melanie, it's all a learning process. You're doing so well and you just need to find a way for it work for you long term so that you don't get frustrated and bored with your food choices.

Elise & Lynne, thank you all so much for all of the valuable advice. Even though I've done this before and think I know how to make it work, each time is different and it's always great to hear what's working for others.

Still holding steady at 244, but uncle tom arrived today. Hopefully he'll take a few pounds with him as he leaves!
Old 05-04-2012, 07:42 AM   #990
Major LCF Poster!

Back to 194.6 today. Boing boing.