Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2012, 10:22 AM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
Hi!

I didn't get a chance to get online yesterday. Ate clean yesterday and walked at a hard pace yesterday but woke up to 238 - ugh. Even eating clean Mexican, the seasoning must have caused the water weight. So, hope to drink 2 liters of water here at work today and hopefully exercise tonight. I really need to get up early in the morning but just not a morning person!

Have a great day, everyone!
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-29-2012, 10:45 AM   #62
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: daisyHair
Stats: 257/228/140
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 5' 4" 50 Years Old
Have not read everyone's posts yet but I will! I want to be caught up!
I LOVE the idea of this challenge... the first day of Summer IS a pretty special day!

The Summer Solstice..

I am IN!
I would like to lose at least 20#... if I had my DREAM loss I would be at 198 by then. I lose slow but I am slowly (very slowly because I have already hurt myself!) adding in exercise and Yoga. Hopefully that will help bump up my loss a bit. My back is STILL aching from going too crazy with the first three Yoga classes!

This AM I was still at 228#. So my goal will be 208 or less!

Yeah! Here we come
Old 02-29-2012, 10:53 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Well i am brand new here, but i want in.. was looking for answers to low carb questionis when i stumbled on this site current 213 was 211 two weeks ago and not susre what hapend...but.. lets put that behind me an shoot for my goal of 195 for summer!! any help i would appreciate as to how to tweek this diet im on.. thanks
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:56 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Location: Arkansas --aka too far away from where I'd like to be ;)
Gallery: Amgarrett616
Stats: 228/193.0/140
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/06/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
Well i am brand new here, but i want in.. was looking for answers to low carb questionis when i stumbled on this site current 213 was 211 two weeks ago and not susre what hapend...but.. lets put that behind me an shoot for my goal of 195 for summer!! any help i would appreciate as to how to tweek this diet im on.. thanks
Welcome!!! Are u doing Atkins?
Amgarrett616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:58 AM   #65
Blabbermouth!!!

I like seeing that several of us are starting at very close to the same weight. I think that will be good for us to encourage each other!
daisyHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:59 AM   #66
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
HI!

Welcome to LCF!
Old 02-29-2012, 11:00 AM   #67
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Luzabeth
Stats: 142.6/138.6/120
WOE: Window/IF
Count Me In!

I would love to join this challenge! I'm already on a roll exercising consistently for about the past 2 weeks so this can only get better. I have about 20 pounds I want to lose. I'm going to do a combination of Zumba, Callanetics and P57, as well as some other surprises thrown in there! I go back to work tomorrow after being on short term disability for almost having a nervous breakdown so I really need to keep consistent with my exercises as that's what's helping me a lot right now. In about half an hour here I'm heading downstairs to do some Callanetics. I'll report back! Glad I found this!
Luzabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:46 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
I firmly believe in set points too and have been bouncing around the same 5 pounds for months! Do any of you have experience with breaking through a plateau. I was glad to get below 199 but sitting at the same weight for months and months is torture! I'm not really a breakfast eater so I'm trying to change that and wonder if that's causing my problems.
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:10 PM   #69
Blabbermouth!!!

I have experienced two set points in my last weight loss (got almost to goal).. one was 211 and one around 184.. both were weights that I was at for years for each.

The only thing that helped me was upping my exercise AND food. I think it helped to raise my metabolism. It still took me over 3 months on both weights to break the stall. I think your body just wants to find an equilibrium at those old weights.

I just tried to keep telling myself daily that my body was maintaining the loss so far and that was a GOOD thing.. it was figuring it out.

I am NOT looking forward to that freaking 211 again.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:15 PM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amgarrett616 View Post
Welcome!!! Are u doing Atkins?
well im not quite sure what i am doing lol.. atkins is my base start,, but not following the phases... i eat all natural carbs in fruts veggys, and whole grain pitas or bread,, but the bread is limited to one every other day.. and fruit is one every day, due to i dont care for fruit much.. .. and of course all the meat and cheese lol.. i just stopped eating pasta, sugar and patatoes..

Last edited by sterlinggirl; 02-29-2012 at 12:17 PM..
Old 02-29-2012, 12:36 PM   #71
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Luzabeth
Stats: 142.6/138.6/120
WOE: Window/IF
Completed Callanetics! Felt great! I'll work out again early tomorrow morning before work.
Luzabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:56 PM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Quote:
well im not quite sure what i am doing lol.. atkins is my base start,, but not following the phases... i eat all natural carbs in fruts veggys, and whole grain pitas or bread,, but the bread is limited to one every other day.. and fruit is one every day, due to i dont care for fruit much.. .. and of course all the meat and cheese lol.. i just stopped eating pasta, sugar and patatoes..
Welcome! Have you tried logging all of the food you eat just to give you an idea of how many carbs and calories you're eating on average? I use ******.com which is free, but I know there are many others out there. It would make it easier for us to help you tweak your diet, too. My mom follows a diet similar to yours and is losing weight, although there are weeks where she gains and doesn't know why. Since sh'e all over the place with food it's hard to help her, but overall it is working.
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:20 PM   #73
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sandylee
Stats: start 162/current 151/goal 135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Jan 29,2012
Ok I'm here (found you all) and I am not that late. I would love to be slimmer and fitter for summer (ahhhhhh) and a challenge Will help.
I am Sandylee, only found this forum a week or so ago. I lost 85# 10 years ago on LC and slowly began gaining about 4 years ago (CARBS!) - I followed and loved LC and I AM BACK. I have been on Atkins for a month now, down almost 10 pounds and only 15 more to go - but I am almost "Golden" and far less active than I need to be so it will be slow and hard I know.

I'm all in. Hope to encourage and cheer you all and receive the same!!

Sandylee
Sandylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:37 PM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
Welcome! Have you tried logging all of the food you eat just to give you an idea of how many carbs and calories you're eating on average? I use ******.com which is free, but I know there are many others out there. It would make it easier for us to help you tweak your diet, too. My mom follows a diet similar to yours and is losing weight, although there are weeks where she gains and doesn't know why. Since sh'e all over the place with food it's hard to help her, but overall it is working.
thanks.. i just may have to go try logging all the stuff i eat,, sometimes i fear i dont take in enouhg food.. many times, im not hungry at all, and i fear that my body will just get used to a certain amt and if i increase foods i would gain.. food has become scrary. i dont want to be afraid of food.. ya know.. any one else feel that way??
Old 02-29-2012, 02:03 PM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
thanks.. i just may have to go try logging all the stuff i eat,, sometimes i fear i dont take in enouhg food.. many times, im not hungry at all, and i fear that my body will just get used to a certain amt and if i increase foods i would gain.. food has become scrary. i dont want to be afraid of food.. ya know.. any one else feel that way??
I replied to ur post in the LC lobby. I'm I Lu scared of certain foods (sugar!) bc it's scary!!!!
Old 02-29-2012, 02:18 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amgarrett616 View Post
Just a lil yummy. I am eating the best stuff! 2 chopped up slices of bacon fried in a spoon of coconut oil and a spoon of butter with some leftover chicken thighs and mushrooms and fresh spinach all fried up in one pan. It's sooo good! Some of it stuck n so I got the crispy stuff from the bottom of the pan. Wow. Delish!
wow that sounds good! I thawed a bunch of chicken last night and used some to make chicken rollups stuffed with a garlic cream cheese, but I have alot of small pieces from the ends and uneven pieces (I sliced the chicken instead of pounding it and did not do a pretty job) I am totally going to this with the leftover pieces tomorrow!
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:27 PM   #77
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ashley Gal
Stats: 188/183.8/158
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: February 2012
Hi Everyone. Just finished my nightly walk to Leslie Sansone Walk away the pounds. I feel her walks really work for me. I start last Friday at 188 and weighed in this morning at 183.8 so Im really happy with that.
Ashley Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:05 PM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
I cooked spaghetti tonight for DH and ate along with him. However, I did not eat any noodles and only ate some mild italian sausage and meatballs. In about an hour I'm going to take my nightly walk!

My biggest success today is NOT eating any of the doughnuts a co-worker brought in today! So proud of myself!

Last edited by Bronwyn; 02-29-2012 at 05:07 PM..
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:08 PM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Gal View Post
Hi Everyone. Just finished my nightly walk to Leslie Sansone Walk away the pounds. I feel her walks really work for me. I start last Friday at 188 and weighed in this morning at 183.8 so Im really happy with that.
Dang! I would pass straight out if I had a loss
Like that! Good job!!!
Old 02-29-2012, 05:58 PM   #80
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
Finished body step. It was broooootal. I love it.
MsWoods is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:17 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 253.6/253.6/180 -- 5'11"
WOE: low carbin' it :)
Start Date: February 19, 2013
Making some oven baked chicken so I'm prepared for lunch tomorrow Planning is key for me!

Keep up the good work everyone :-)
HealthyWifeForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:21 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 253.6/253.6/180 -- 5'11"
WOE: low carbin' it :)
Start Date: February 19, 2013
Bron- awesome!!! Good for you on passing up donuts Temptation is so tough sometimes so be proud you overcame that!! I bet you feel so great now!
HealthyWifeForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:38 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Thrilled to report that my treadmill has been revived!! Hubby came home and fiddled with it and it is now working again! However since it wasn't working today I did 3 min on his stationary bike. Happy I got some exercise in, and am looking forward to starting my treadmill journey tomorrow!
Old 02-29-2012, 06:48 PM   #84
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: catr31
Stats: 205/169/145
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Restarted 1/3/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by boop13 View Post
Thrilled to report that my treadmill has been revived!! Hubby came home and fiddled with it and it is now working again! However since it wasn't working today I did 3 min on his stationary bike. Happy I got some exercise in, and am looking forward to starting my treadmill journey tomorrow!
Thank God it's fixed! I walked outside tonight eventhough it was freezing and a little rainy. Tomorrow I am going to try and get my calenetics tape done,
I bought it a month ago and haven't even got it out if its case.
catr31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:11 AM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Good Morning Everyone and Welcome to March! With spring around the corner I just have to get myself moving more. I've got a treadmill but it's really just a glorified clothes hanger right now. Of course with 3 kids 6 and under, I don't think I ever sit down so I hope that counts.

Today I was down to 190.2 so a 1.2 lb loss from yesterday but we'll see what my weight does when I get to 189 again. Grrr. I've been trying to have high calorie/higher carb days interspersed with Lower calorie (1500 or so)/lower carb days and so far my weight is going down again. I have heard it works so I'm willing to try anything at this point.

I hope the day brings lots of weight loss for you all. Its going to be 73 here so I'm going to sneak in a trip to the park and may even try to play myself
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:36 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JodyJane
Stats: 252H/ 222.8 C/ ?
WOE: Chris Powell Carb Cycling
Start Date: Daily
Morning, just wanted to check before I headed off to work.
Planning :
B: egg, ham, cheese omlet
L: rotisserie chicken, applesauce(NS)
S: string cheese or hard salami if needed/wanted
D: steak, salad

I was down .5 this am, but will not weigh again until Monday. Dont want to get too scale crazy.
I know everyone will have a very successful day. We can do this!
JodyJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:08 AM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shoelattegurl
Stats: 255/209/175
WOE: 17 Day Diet
Start Date: 10/30/2011
Good Morning and happy March!! Spring is just around the corner, yay! to all the new comers!

Last night I had a butt kicking zumba work out. I discovered moves, I didn't know I had! lol. Today Im hitting the gym again on my lunch hour for a 2 mile jog. Here is what the menu looks like today.

B: Kefir smoothie w/frozen strawberries, fresh spinach, agave nectar.
S: 1/2 C cottage cheese, 20 red seedless grapes.
L: 2 turkey burgers (no bun), grilled asparagus w/portabello mushrooms.
D: 2 lean turkey sausage brawts cooking in the crock pot as I type. Along with some roasted cauliflower.
S: (if needed) 3/4 C plain greek yogurt & a tangerine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyHair View Post
I have experienced two set points in my last weight loss (got almost to goal).. one was 211 and one around 184.. both were weights that I was at for years for each.

The only thing that helped me was upping my exercise AND food. I think it helped to raise my metabolism. It still took me over 3 months on both weights to break the stall. I think your body just wants to find an equilibrium at those old weights.

I just tried to keep telling myself daily that my body was maintaining the loss so far and that was a GOOD thing.. it was figuring it out.

I am NOT looking forward to that freaking 211 again.
The 211 range is where my body likes to stay too! Ive been hovering around 209 - 214 for the past month. Im definitely upping my exercising and measuring calorie intake this time to see if I can tweak something to get things moving again!
Old 03-01-2012, 06:09 AM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Brewstate, when u said 73 here I had to check ur stats and sure enough ur from Arkansas! I'm from around ft smith. small world huh?

I'm very excited to report I'm down today!!! The .6 I gained is out the door along with another .6. I'm at 203.4!!!

Hurray!!!
Old 03-01-2012, 06:24 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!
Great to see all the reports of pounds lost this morning!
I am happy to report I am down! 3.4 !!! a very encouraging thing to see this morning as I was trying to muster up the get up and go to go make friends with my treadmill finally... I am hoping to get in minimum 20min to start today.
Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 03-01-2012, 06:31 AM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

Wow boop! That's crazy good!