Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2012, 08:31 AM   #781
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catr31
Stats: 205/169/145
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Restarted 1/3/14
I'm down 2 of the 4 I gained last week which is fantastic considering I was out of town with a bunch of girlfriends this weekend. Normally I would have went hog wild and came back 10 lbs up, but not this time. I'm finally learning that life is not all about food. I enjoyed a lot of fantastic salads and felt completely satisfied.

I did have one bite of fried cheese cake that was absolutely wonderfully delicious.
catr31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2012, 09:20 AM   #782
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Quote:
Originally Posted by catr31 View Post
I'm finally learning that life is not all about food. I enjoyed a lot of fantastic salads and felt completely satisfied.
This is huge, Cat! Sounds like maintenance is fitting you nicely! Well done!
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:40 AM   #783
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/225.7/169
Start Date: 06/22/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by catr31 View Post
I did have one bite of fried cheese cake that was absolutely wonderfully delicious.
So happy you are down!

I haven't had fried cheesecake but back in September I went to our fair, and I had planned to have high carb food (it was the first time since I had started LC and I was skeeeeeeeeeeeered out of my mind), which I did. They had a frozen cheesecake on a stick dipped in chocolate. In my mind, it was delicious. Cheesecake is my favorite. After 2 bites, I got sick. It was so sweet. Like, I got so sick I had to end up just going home. Of course before that, I had a cheese on a stick (I should have forwent everything else and just had 2-3 of those), fried PB&J, spanish torta, and a bite of a lamb gyro.

Well that took care of my craving for fair food I had for years and years. If I do go this year, I'll just have a cheese on a stick. All the other crap was really gross I ended up giving it to my BIL after a bite or 2.

Aaaaaaaaaaaanyhoo, 208.8!!!!!!!! WTH. Yes. I'ma happy. Out of the Two-Teens. That's crazy.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:08 AM   #784
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/173/120
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstate View Post
How do you work more fat into you diet?
Easy. DON'T skip the coconut oil/pb treats

I mean, the nicest problem in the world for a low carber to have is the need to ADD MORE FAT!!! Avocados. Nuts. Dark chocolate coconut bark with almonds, can I get an amen on that one. Mayo, butter, delicious sauces, bacon...I almost forgot bacon, heaven forbid...and et cetera. All those things have lots and lots of calories, so you might need to keep an eye on that, right? And then just cut your portions of protein down at the same time. Less fish, more bacon.

Ms. Woods, you are a GODDESS. There's just no other way to put it. Well...how about this - you rock.

And I've got exactly 13 pounds to go for my summer challenge, too, because I set the goal of 180 for myself (unofficially) by June 20th! So not to get competitive or anything but...I'll bet there's nothing that gets you motivated quite like a competition, huh? let's do it!!

Lynne

P.S. 193 this morning. Which makes a grand total of 22 pounds in 6 weeks.

500/2000 until the end of the challenge with NO TWEAKS.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:16 AM   #785
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
I am so proud of all of you for your weight losses! We're a strong group, aren't we?!

I am at 228.5 this morning, which is where I kinda hoped to be after my fried seafood on Friday. Now that my chest cold and infected spider bite are gone, it's back to work on the exercise. I would really, really like to see 219 or so by May 19, but I have to work hard to get there.

Eating a Jimmy John's BLT lettuce wrap right now and starting on my second liter of water for the day...
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:44 AM   #786
Major LCF Poster!

Here's the reality of my weight.

I hope this works, but I'm trying to show you a photo of me now. Not very happy with it, but it's realistic. My avatar photos is from 2008 when I weighed 187. It's an incentive to show that low-carb works when it becomes a lifestyle.

No makeup and in serious need of an eyebrow waxing this week!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg April 2012.jpg (27.4 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by Bronwyn; 04-16-2012 at 10:47 AM..
Old 04-16-2012, 11:53 AM   #787
Major LCF Poster!

Bronwyn, in my opinion you are a lovely woman at any weight. You're going to rock the before/after pictures, that's for sure...with all the beautiful people of the get mad and get it done challenge.

I'm glad you're feeling better, and the BLT wrap sounds delicious!

Lynne
Old 04-16-2012, 11:58 AM   #788
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoods View Post
Aaaaaaaaaaaanyhoo, 208.8!!!!!!!! WTH. Yes. I'ma happy. Out of the Two-Teens. That's crazy.
Ack! I almost missed this. WTG!!

I was just thinking yesterday that I was so mad when I was stuck above 200 on my birthday...and now? The scale needle zips right past 200. 200 is a thing of the past, never to be seen again.

I guess to me it said, no matter how stuck I was and how mad I was about it and how impossible it was to get past? It's over now. If that makes any sense.

It doesn't actually make much sense to me either, okay. But it makes me happy.

Lynne
Old 04-16-2012, 07:16 PM   #789
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you, Lynne. That's the photo that upset me the other week. A second look at it told me it wadn't as bad as first glance. In another 20 lbs or so I'll take another for comparison.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:36 PM   #790
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoods View Post
OMG.... you're knocking on the door to onderland, just like that! WooHoo!
Old 04-16-2012, 07:38 PM   #791
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
P.S. 193 this morning. Which makes a grand total of 22 pounds in 6 weeks.
Nice Lynne!!!
Old 04-16-2012, 07:40 PM   #792
Major LCF Poster!

Bron, you're a doll! Love the smiling eyes and freckles!
Old 04-16-2012, 08:15 PM   #793
Major LCF Poster!

Location: Arkansas --aka too far away from where I'd like to be ;)
Gallery: Amgarrett616
Stats: 228/193.0/140
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/06/11
Although my scale isn't being nice, everyone around me sure is. Today was compliment Amanda day apparently. I've never gotten so many "wow u have lost so much! U look greats" in one day ever!! And yesterday some fella in a Beamer totally asked for my number. Told him to ask my hubby for it. Hehehe. I worked out today and drank a tin of water. Hoping for a loss tomarrow!!!
Amgarrett616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:02 AM   #794
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Wow, Ms Woods I can't believe you are losing so fast. 199 is so soon for you.

Lynne you were totally right and I think I had lowered my fat too much. I've been upping that and skipping the veggies as much (just until I get a little lower in weight). I did add back in my diet soda because I miss the veggies (great substitute I know ) Today I was down another .6 pounds to 189.0 Now if I can just break the 187 mark you guys will really see me celbrate. I haven't been that thin in nearly 7 years since before my first son was born.

BTW AmyLiz, great job on a new low. I'm somewhat of a slow loser too and its the little victories that make it worth it!

And Bronwyn you look beautiful. I know its hard when we gain a little weight back, but keep on track and in no time at all, you'll be using your avatar as your heavy shot.

Last edited by brewstate; 04-17-2012 at 05:10 AM..
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:32 AM   #795
Major LCF Poster!

I can hardly wait for ur update ms woods!

196! Whew! I knew it was water but still...

<3 u AmyLiz! Keep on truckin sister!
Old 04-17-2012, 06:47 AM   #796
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/225.7/169
Start Date: 06/22/09
Thank you guys. Not really having a good day today. Bf ended up going to the hospital last night because he's been having bad headaches. I knew it was his blood pressure. Sure enough, it was almost 200/100. They got it down and put him on BP meds now. 29 years old and on BP meds. It's just sad. I can't change him, he will change if/when he's ready.

So I got up at like 5:30 and went and worked out.

No change in weight, still 208.8. Glad, because I had 3 LC beers last night. No more though, they are gone.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:33 AM   #797
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
Wow!!! Way to go on all the losses!!!!! I love checking in and seeing all these shrinking numbers! I am down to 125 on the nose... But weighed after a large coffee, so hoping to see it lower tomorrow!
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:00 AM   #798
Major LCF Poster!

Everyone's doing so well and I love it! Congrats all! Michelle, maybe this will be a wake up call for the hubby? Like you said, though, you can't change him. I know mine has high BP, too, but won't go to the doctor. He's just a little overweight, but he also smokes. He's 'quit' so many times it's not funny... kind of like my yo-yo dieting, I guess. He's a yo-yo smoker. lol Anyway. All we can do is support them when they try to make changes and hope for the best.

Y'all are going to get sick of me saying 'No Change Here' I'm sick of it already. Blah. Will keep plugging away.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:48 AM   #799
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyLiz
Stats: pregnant
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: April 3, 2011
I just noticed lately that I'm starting to get male attention once again. I lost weight a few years ago with low cal (basically starving) and got down to 150.....for a brief moment in my life i had some male attention (in fact, i met my fiance at my lowest weight). Now i'm getting it again. I don't know if it's just a mental thing, and feel more feminine now that i've made it to onderland, and other people are picking up on my new confidence...it's just something i noticed
AmyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:03 AM   #800
Major LCF Poster!

Fun stuff, Amy!

It's weird how much people's attitudes towards us changes. It's kind of sad in a way, because we all deserve to be treated well at any weight, but I know I got everything from more male attention (driving hubs jeep with the top off was a guaranteed ego boost ) to just down right better service. I'd have people greeting me and asking if I needed anything when shopping where normally I feel pretty invisible. I'm very active at my kids' school and even other parents treat me differently. I was thin/average when most of them met me, so seeing the reverse action while I gained kind of sucked. It's like they don't take me as serious? Maybe they just can't relate to me as easily or are uncomfortable? I don't know. People are weird.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:19 AM   #801
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you misscobi and brewstate! I exercised last night for the first time in two weeks and the scale showed 227 this morning!

I don't know if you guys are like me, but as soon as I see any kind of drop my mind plays tricks on me - maybe it's a morphed body image - but 10 pounds should look like 30 to me, or so my mind thinks. Obviously, that's not the case, but I know I look better than say 238 back in February. Small, baby steps produce tighter skin, don't you think??

Tomorrow I'm heading for a conference with dinner, drinks, etc. Hopefully, I will dig in my heels and not give into temptation. There is a pool and weight room, so maybe I can get a little exercise in!

Thanks again, guys - you're all the best!
Old 04-17-2012, 10:21 AM   #802
Major LCF Poster!

I'm glad everybody's talking about the...um, newfound attention that comes from coming out of your (fat) shell, because this has been on my mind lately, too. I haven't been this thin since I was 18, which was a long, long time ago and I've managed to get through my whole adult life as the invisible woman. Until this month, apparently.

Example? I'm in the produce department the other day, pondering "cauliflower or broccoli", and notice that a reasonably attractive, fit, well-dressed man about my age was looking at me, waiting to make eye contact with me. I glanced at him, and discovered that he was smiling and trying to say something clever. I was bewildered. What on earth?...and then a little voice inside my head said, "well, he thinks you're HOT, my dear, and hopes you'll smile back at him. That's pretty much the gist of it, I think."

So this is new. I'm trying not to freak out too much. I must google "how to flirt" - that's going on my to-do list for the week.

Lynne

P.S. 194 this morning. Skin on my arms is loosening again(?), I think that means the whoosh-clouds are gathering on the horizon.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:24 AM   #803
Major LCF Poster!

Great job, Lynne! I hope we all get a sprinkle from the whoosh clouds!
Old 04-17-2012, 03:04 PM   #804
Senior LCF Member

You guys all look wonderful and I have no doubt men flirt with you but a lot of it is the self confidence we are glowing with now that we are taking control of our weight. Its beautiful and so are all of you.

Lynne if you need to know how to flirt I can teach you . My ability to flirt is wasted by the fact that I have a very attractive husband and 3 children. Somebody needs to get something out of it. I hope you smiled back at least
Old 04-17-2012, 06:50 PM   #805
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: heidihoopi
Stats: 293/244/174
WOE: LC My Way
I'm holding steady weight-wise, incredibly busy at the museum this month with 2 new art exhibits opening. I'm not eating badly, but not getting in the fluids that 'make the magic happen.' Next week I hope, sets my 'schedule' back a bit, but can't be helped....

Last edited by heidihoopi; 04-17-2012 at 06:51 PM..
heidihoopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:11 PM   #806
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
Example? I'm in the produce department the other day, pondering "cauliflower or broccoli", and notice that a reasonably attractive, fit, well-dressed man about my age was looking at me, waiting to make eye contact with me. I glanced at him, and discovered that he was smiling and trying to say something clever. I was bewildered. What on earth?...and then a little voice inside my head said, "well, he thinks you're HOT, my dear, and hopes you'll smile back at him. That's pretty much the gist of it, I think.".
Awesome Lynne! How fun!
Old 04-18-2012, 05:19 AM   #807
Major LCF Poster!

Omg! 193.8!!!!! Wow!!!
Old 04-18-2012, 05:38 AM   #808
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
I'm so sad reading all these posts today! I feel the same... I have decided enough is enough, and I am now making me a priority, since he didn't notice that I always made him my top priority often ignoring my own needs and wants!
How is it that they don't see how awesome we are!!!!! unno:
I am up... Again. TOM is almost here though, plus I had a few beers with friends Monday night, and I haven't been sleeping enough or getting my water in! Heading back home today though. So should be back on track soon!
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:56 AM   #809
Senior LCF Member

The good news is I was 187.8 this morning I couldn't believe my eyes. I'm going to give it a day or so then change my siggie. 186 is the lowest I've ever been in YEARS so I'm really excited.

I'm doing a full on M/E with added fat and it really seems to be working. Going to try it for a week and then back to induction for me.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:56 AM   #810
Major LCF Poster!

Yay Amanda & Elise! Love the new lows!

Boop, I'm right there with you and I have no clue why. I still need to work on water, though the last couple of days have been better. 251 this morning. Lame.