Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2012, 05:36 AM   #751
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Good morning everyone. Weighed in at 190.4 this morning. So down .6 and the TOM seems to be letting up so lets hope for some good results. I am so frustrated though. When I started this challenge I was 191 up from 188 back in january so I have not lost a single pound in about 4 months. I have just bounced bounced bounced. I'm not giving up, I'm just feeling defeated today

Hope everyone else is doing great!
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2012, 06:56 AM   #752
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
Thank goodness TOM finally showed up this morning. I've been eating non stop. My calories have been around 2000 for like a week, and carbs around 30. For me, that's really a lot. A lot of both. Blech. Glad I can't use my scale. It's in my shed and my keyless entry battery went out Uh, I run a garage door business that my family owns. You would think I could get into my own garage door That's my excuse for not weighing anyways lol.

However, yesterday 2 of my long term customers told me how good I looked and said they hardly recognized me, and when I see myself lately, I look a lot smaller, even than before, so it's working.

Just glad I can get a hold on this eating thing now that TOM is here.

So far today, did 30 min on the ellip before work, and have a body combat class tonight. Didn't go yesterday and ate and ate and ate, so I need to make up for it.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:40 AM   #753
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
Mswoods... Your dedication to working out is super impressive! I hope I can get there and be as dedicated some day!
I am still up... However also ate out twice yesterday. Chose meat and veggies but both meals I found salty. So I am pounding back the water today to flush it out!!
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:55 AM   #754
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Melanie, those pics are so fabulous! Love your avatar pic, too!

Cat, sounds like a good plan. Good luck!

Elise, hang in there... I would be frustrated, too. I don't remember if you've had days off plan in there, but if not I'd be looking to change things up a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoods View Post
However, yesterday 2 of my long term customers told me how good I looked and said they hardly recognized me, and when I see myself lately, I look a lot smaller, even than before, so it's working.
Michelle, of course it's working... you're making it work! Great job! I love that you're finding other kinds of affirmation than the scale, too!

Hang in there Boop. I'm at a stand still for the last couple of days. The scale will move for both of us... soon, I hope
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:38 AM   #755
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: catr31
Stats: 205/169/145
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Restarted 1/3/14
I didn't weigh in today but I know I'm losing the water weight since I keep having to run to the bathroom to pee. I won't be able to weigh this weekend either because I will be out of town with my girlfriends until Sunday afternoon. We will be eating out a lot but I will be sticking to mostly salads(which I love dearly) and maybe an omelet for breakfast.
catr31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:54 AM   #756
Senior LCF Member

Cathy I love salads too so you should be fine. I've heard that maintaining is in many ways harder than losing weight. I guess no one knew they could ask me for advice as I'm very good at it apparently

misscobi we did go on vacation about a month ago and I did have 1 day off but other than that I'm pretty dang good Starting today I'm going to do a modified version of my eating that is going to be HARD, but what isn't.

I'm going to switch to extremely clean eating, no cheese, no artificial sweetner, and no alcohol of any type or sort (I have been drinking rum but no longer). Mostly eggs, some meat, and a few lc veggies like lettuce. I'm doing this for at least a week while also tracking every bite of food that goes into my mouth. I've never really done that before and don't care to but this is getting ridiculous.

So now I'm mad in a good way.

So far today:

3 eggs scrambled
1 tbsp or less of pb while making kids a snack
tuna salad on lettuce leaf (probably a cup?)

and I'm chugging water. I have about 50 oz so far but is only noon.

Wish me luck!
Old 04-13-2012, 09:57 AM   #757
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/173/120
WOE: JUDDD
Good morning!

195 this morning. I don't worry about the little fluctuations anymore, but I'd just like to wear some smaller jeans now! Please!!

MsWoods, you cracked me up with the garage door opener thing. Maybe you could call yourself on the phone and describe the problem...hello, tech support? Yeah, my printer's not working. Hm. Is it plugged in?...Oh. Never mind.

My project for the week is to roll with life's punches and not let it drive me to break my resolutions. Who's driving?? Me. Not the punches. Ha.

Stay strong, my sistahs!!

Lynne

500/2000 until the end of the challenge with NO TWEAKS.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:03 AM   #758
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstate View Post
I'm going to switch to extremely clean eating, no cheese, no artificial sweetner, and no alcohol of any type or sort (I have been drinking rum but no longer). Mostly eggs, some meat, and a few lc veggies like lettuce. I'm doing this for at least a week while also tracking every bite of food that goes into my mouth. I've never really done that before and don't care to but this is getting ridiculous.

So now I'm mad in a good way.

So far today:

3 eggs scrambled
1 tbsp or less of pb while making kids a snack
tuna salad on lettuce leaf (probably a cup?)

and I'm chugging water. I have about 50 oz so far but is only noon.

Wish me luck!
Sounds good... hopefully you'll find that after a few days it's not as hard as you think it will be. The food tracking programs ( I use ******) are a pain, but once you get used to them and get your favorite foods into the 'recent foods' and 'custom foods' drop down menus it's not too bad. It takes me maybe 5-10 minutes total a day and I find it's something I really need to do. Good luck!
Old 04-13-2012, 07:06 PM   #759
Big Yapper!!!!

Sooooooooooooooooo, I think I just decided I'm going to join a Boot Camp Challenge at my gym. Ive been wanting to do it, but the times were all not good for me. So today I decided not to. Well I just got an email they added another time slot because of high demand, 7-8 MWF for 5 weeks starting 4-23. That seems like a sign to me. I think it will push me for our summer challenge and maybe help me get under 200. It doesn't interfere with my classes and they say it will address cardio, toning, and strength, which I need strength.

They do body assessment and all that, and say they provide nutrition, which I will listen too but they will not push me into changing my eating. No one can tell someone that has lost 185lbs how to eat lol.

I just really feel like I need to do this. I want to do this.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:12 AM   #760
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
Good Morning everyone!

It's a beautiful morning here in NC. Yesterday was my first cheat day and it was on fried seafood and a baked potato. I don't feel too guilty about it and the scale reads 230 this morning. Back on the horse today. Ya gotta live sometimes, right??!!

Have a great day!
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:32 AM   #761
Senior LCF Member

I have no clue what is wrong with my body!!!

I ate perfectly yesterday. I followed my plan, counted my calories at about 1500-1600. I didn't eat dairy, artificial sweetener, or alcohol. Drank about 90-100 oz of water only. Just after TOM so no issues there. I weighed today and was up 1.2 pounds.

Seriously, I'm the only person who can eat like a saint and gain weight
Old 04-14-2012, 08:01 AM   #762
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle, that is awesome! Can't wait to hear about the boot camp!

Bronwyn... good for you for jumping back on track. Remember the cravings the next couple of days will be tough, but you can handle it

Elise... give it a couple more days

Oh, same here today... 3 days in a row... I know, nothing to worry about, but the scale can move any time now.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:16 AM   #763
Major LCF Poster!

Location: Arkansas --aka too far away from where I'd like to be ;)
Gallery: Amgarrett616
Stats: 228/193.0/140
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/06/11
Boing boing.
Amgarrett616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:42 AM   #764
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I have no clue what is wrong with my body!!!

I ate perfectly yesterday. I followed my plan, counted my calories at about 1500-1600. I didn't eat dairy, artificial sweetener, or alcohol. Drank about 90-100 oz of water only. Just after TOM so no issues there. I weighed today and was up 1.2 pounds.

Seriously, I'm the only person who can eat like a saint and gain weight
There's nothing wrong with your body. No need to torture yourself! Just keep on keeping on, and I am sure it will straighten itself out.

Lynne

P.S. 193 this morning.

P.S.S. for Elise: Are you taking medications or maybe your thyroid is on the fritz, causing the 4 month stall? Atkins has a whole section devoted to solutions for metabolically resistant people. I'm one, too - I had to find a particular solution for me. You can, too, I'm sure of it.

Last edited by lynne2u; 04-14-2012 at 09:45 AM.. Reason: a question for elise
Old 04-14-2012, 11:07 AM   #765
Senior LCF Member

As far as I know I'm not metabolically resistant. I got to about this weight low carbing before and then got pregnant with my daughter. I didn't gain so much weight but was again over 200, maybe like 210 or so. Started low carbing again really seriously (never really quit per say just more fruit, treats, breads and maintenance level but mostly low carb). From 210 I dropped pretty rapidly down to about 198 or so then I had to struggle a bit and got to 188 but since I hit that point I have been stuck, stuck, stuck (like I said about 4 months maybe more).

I don't have any symptoms of thyroid either so I'm pretty sure my body likes this weight alot. I wish I knew how to shake it up, but it just won't move. I did tons of exericise today which I don't usually do on a regular basis and ran/walked for 1.5 miles on my treadmill so maybe that will help.

Thanks for the support guys, I'm still dedicated, just perplexed.

Maybe if I start posting my menus you guys could see any potential problems.

60 oz of water (by 1 PM)

B:egg/meat casserole with cheese/sausage/egg/hwc maybe a large 4x4 inch square or so
(I was trying to avoid dairy but he made me breakfast so...)

L: 1 slice of turkey meat and 1 small scoop of tuna salad wrapped in 2 different lettuce leaves

D: Planned to have broiled tilapia and fresh baked apsparagus with olive oil

Hoping for around 1600 calories today.

Last edited by brewstate; 04-14-2012 at 11:15 AM..
Old 04-14-2012, 11:47 AM   #766
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Maybe if I start posting my menus you guys could see any potential problems.

60 oz of water (by 1 PM)

B:egg/meat casserole with cheese/sausage/egg/hwc maybe a large 4x4 inch square or so
(I was trying to avoid dairy but he made me breakfast so...)

L: 1 slice of turkey meat and 1 small scoop of tuna salad wrapped in 2 different lettuce leaves

D: Planned to have broiled tilapia and fresh baked apsparagus with olive oil

Hoping for around 1600 calories today.
I have a thought, looking at this: I wonder if you're one of those people who's really, really good at making glucose out of protein? By this I mean your menu leans here toward really lean proteins, like fish and turkey, and to get 1600 calories from that you're taking in a lot of protein, which has the potential to be made into glucose by your liver, and we all know how helpful glucose (from any source) can be in the weight loss department.

Might be an idea to add more fat and subtract protein until you have 1600 calories of mostly fat calories, 60-70%.

Hopefully it works...
Lynne
Old 04-14-2012, 11:49 AM   #767
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyLiz
Stats: pregnant
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: April 3, 2011
202 today...i think i'm going to fast until dinner
AmyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:10 PM   #768
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: heidihoopi
WOE: LC My Way
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
I have a thought, looking at this: I wonder if you're one of those people who's really, really good at making glucose out of protein? By this I mean your menu leans here toward really lean proteins, like fish and turkey, and to get 1600 calories from that you're taking in a lot of protein, which has the potential to be made into glucose by your liver, and we all know how helpful glucose (from any source) can be in the weight loss department.

Might be an idea to add more fat and subtract protein until you have 1600 calories of mostly fat calories, 60-70%.

Hopefully it works...
Lynne
I concur with this, it wasn't until I actually lowered my protein intake and upped my fat, (not much but enough) with mayo, butter, macademia nuts, or a piece of cheese--that the scale started going down again after a week and a half stall. I was so relieved, I know how you feel. If all else fails, drink hot lemon and/or cinnamon tea, I swear by it.

Holding for 3 days now at 238. I'm okay with that, already had a 3 lb loss this week....but a loss in the a.m. tomorrow would be nice.
Going out for lobster tonight

Last edited by heidihoopi; 04-14-2012 at 04:17 PM..
heidihoopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:33 PM   #769
Big Yapper!!!!

I feel better after working out, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand weighing at the gym scale. Fully clothed, shoes on, middle of the day, day 2 of TOM, it said 219 and their scale is always aaaaaaaaaaalways way too high. I haven't weighed in 2 weeks after my weight started going up the day after I hit 215. My bf had took my scale, I got it back this afternoon after the gym and it said 215.6. So I'm going to go ahead and weigh in finally tomorrow, see whats up.

I think I'm going to try to weigh once a week. I seem to stay more relaxed. I was feeling like I couldn't reach 199 on my own, thus the boot camp, but I dunno. I'm hoping the scale is nice tomorrow. Anything under 215 will have me smilin.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:17 AM   #770
Senior LCF Member

back down to 190.4 this morning so about the same. Still trying to figure out what is going on with me. I'm going to try to take it down really low carb for the next couple days and see if that helps. Skip the veggies and occasional coconut oil/pb treats.

We will get this done ladies

Lynne you may be right about the protein I've never thought of that before. The funny thing is I really don't like meat and have to force it into my diet but since I've tried removing everything else I'm not exactly sure how to lower my protein? How do you work more fat into you diet?
Old 04-15-2012, 06:09 AM   #771
Major LCF Poster!

Elise, to up my fat I use a little extra mayo, butter and/or coconut oil. I shoot for 65% fat and it's sometimes as high as 70%. I don't plan the amount of fat to eat, but I do log everything I eat into ****** and it keeps track of protein/fat/carb percentages, so if I notice I'm low for a couple of days I make a conscious effort to up the fat the next few days. Good catch there, Lynne!

My body's seeming to enjoy this 250 number. I'm not. lol Going to work on pounding water today as I know I haven't gotten nearly enough the last couple of days.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:12 AM   #772
Big Yapper!!!!

13lbs to go until I reach my summer challenge.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:24 AM   #773
Major LCF Poster!

You are WAY closer than I! Great job, Michelle!!!
Old 04-15-2012, 08:10 AM   #774
Major LCF Poster!

Location: Arkansas --aka too far away from where I'd like to be ;)
Gallery: Amgarrett616
Stats: 228/193.0/140
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/06/11
Mswoods!! 212?!? Omg!! Hurray!!

I am eating so good but water is my weakness lately which is so stupid! Anyhoo, no loss for me today. Holding steady tho. I'm gonna workout this week tho. Ive made up my mind.
Amgarrett616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:16 PM   #775
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: heidihoopi
WOE: LC My Way
Holding steady here too. I haven't been able to get the fluids in either, soo busy these days!

Guess "all that liquid" really is crucial!

~

Last edited by heidihoopi; 04-15-2012 at 07:17 PM..
heidihoopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:08 PM   #776
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2, 2009
MsWoods~ Way to go on the loss!!! You will have to let me know about the bootcamp class. Sounds interesting.
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:11 AM   #777
Senior LCF Member

189.6 This morning That's still up from my previous low but at least its back in the 180's. Yay! Right now I'm really cleaning up my eating so hopefully I will be able to report much lower numbers soon.

MsWoods so Happy for you I can't believe you've reached such an awesome goal.

Again, thanks to all of you for being so supportive. I am really struggling and knowing there are others who understand and support me means the world to me.

Like most of the rest of you, I'm really going to try to hit my water. I've increased to nearly or over 100 oz a day so I think its helping.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:38 AM   #778
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyLiz
Stats: pregnant
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: April 3, 2011
198.2 after 3 weeks, I finally hit a new low!
AmyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:28 AM   #779
Major LCF Poster!

Great job everyone! Congrats on the losses & new lows! So exciting!

I'm still holding steady. I'm going to up the water (didn't really happen yesterday) and also up the coconut oil. When my calories were higher last week I seemed to lose better. It could have just been a coincidence, but I'm going to use CO to up the cals & see what happens. I know it won't make me gain, so it can't hurt anything. lol
Old 04-16-2012, 08:22 AM   #780
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: catr31
Stats: 205/169/145
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Restarted 1/3/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLiz View Post
198.2 after 3 weeks, I finally hit a new low!
Good for you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoods View Post
13lbs to go until I reach my summer challenge.
You are doing great! You truly are an inspiration!

Quote:
189.6 This morning That's still up from my previous low but at least its back in the 180's.
catr31 is offline   Reply With Quote