Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2012, 12:36 PM   #691
Major LCF Poster!

Location: Arkansas --aka too far away from where I'd like to be ;)
Gallery: Amgarrett616
Stats: 228/193.0/140
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/06/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
Nope! That means tomorrow is simply water weight! lol Sheesh, I thought you had this figured out!

I say call it... majority rules!
Right right!!!
Amgarrett616 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2012, 12:40 PM   #692
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amgarrett616 View Post
Right right!!!
Hope you have a Happy Easter, Amanda... Hope everyone does.

Not too exciting here since the only 'kid' at home is practically grown. He got some stuff for his 4x4 and of course a chocolate bunny. He and hubby are out tinkering with his jeep now. We're taking stuff over to my mom's to bbq in a bit. Since we bought the food eating on plan should be a no-brainer. lol My mom's really good about what I will/won't eat anyway, though.
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:49 PM   #693
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: heidihoopi
WOE: LC My Way
Lol, thanks girls.
heidihoopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:55 AM   #694
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
OK. Back to 228.4. So I'm back to where I was. Now I'm getting mad and getting it done!!!
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:12 AM   #695
Major LCF Poster!

Nice job, Boop! I'm the same as yesterday. Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Old 04-09-2012, 07:42 AM   #696
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/192/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
I'm back from my mom's and was quite proud of how I did, no major slip ups. I did eat one small pb cookie (made out of only PB, eggs, and sugar) but I kept it to one and that is a big accomplishment for me.

Weighed this morning and was 193 but started TOM yesterday and that usually puts me 5# up so in theory I could be back on track again.

I'm so proud of you all. Its easy when the weight is just falling off but it takes character to keep at it when you have to struggle every day and the scale is not moving.

MsWoods how many calories a day do you eat and what is your system for tracking them? I guess I'm going to have to start counting calories. I don't usually eat a lot but the weight is just not moving so I may have to surrender and start tracking my food.
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:30 AM   #697
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyLiz
Stats: pregnant
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: April 3, 2011
ugh, i keep bouncing between 199 - 202
201.8 today

Still having episodes of dizzy/nausea/exhaustion. I'm not pg, and i'm not dehydrated. Maybe it's stress? I barely ate anything the past few days since i just can't seem to stomach it. Although i'm SERIOUSLY hungry. I'm at a loss of what to do at this point.
AmyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:51 AM   #698
Major LCF Poster!

I had a great Easter and ended with 32 hard boiled eggs. Lol I have ALOT of deciles eggs and chicken salad. I did good no chocolate for me. There is two Walmart bags full in my cabinet tho. Yikes!!
Old 04-09-2012, 10:18 AM   #699
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
Hi Ladies!

I wish I had time to read through all the posts since I was here last, but I'm @ work. Down to 238 this morning!

One special shout to Boop because we are neck-and-neck in weight. I'm rooting for all of us, though. Another congrats to Amgarrett for not eating chocolate!

I'm so proud of all of us. Hopefully, I can get sneak online tonight before my husband hogs it so I can read and respond to other posts!
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:29 AM   #700
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: twinmomma
Stats: 231/227.5/165
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2012
I am new here and am starting low carb for the first time in 2 years. I lost 30 lbs 2 years ago and let my eating get out of hand and gained it all back plus some. I am so inspired and motivated by all of your stories!
twinmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:35 AM   #701
Major LCF Poster!

Great job everyone who avoided the Easter junk! That is so tough! There's still quite a bit of it here, even though I did my best not to buy it. I also have leftover deviled eggs, tri-tip, & salad, so will just have to be satisfied with those... that cheesecake in my fridge has got to go! lol

Amy, I wish I had some advice that would help. All I can think is that if you're hungry to try to eat something and to make sure you're drinking enough water. Dehydration can cause all of the symptoms you're feeling, too. Sure hope you feel better soon!

Twinmomma, welcome & good luck with your journey. I think most of us have had to restart after getting off track.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:12 AM   #702
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLiz View Post
ugh, i keep bouncing between 199 - 202
201.8 today

Still having episodes of dizzy/nausea/exhaustion. I'm not pg, and i'm not dehydrated. Maybe it's stress? I barely ate anything the past few days since i just can't seem to stomach it. Although i'm SERIOUSLY hungry. I'm at a loss of what to do at this point.
AmyLiz, maybe you need to slow down your weight loss to feel better. There's no shame in that. I used to be so bad at producing fat-burning enzymes when I was younger that within three days of hard ketosis, I didn't have the energy to get out of bed. Literally. I wish somebody had explained to me that I could add 50g of carbs or so and proceed slowly rather than feeling so sick I had to stop.

Another possibility is that you're suffering with the effects of the toxins that are stored in your fat being liberated into your bloodstream. It's not too pleasant, but it's temporary, and there are things you can do to not feel so bad and also to keep encouraging your system to burn it/dump it rather than put it back into storage to help you feel better. I truly believe the homeostasis gremlins can hear us feeling bad and they try to fix it by pushing harder to put things back the way they were. I'll say more about that in a minute.

So here's what I do: 1) Drink more water, no matter how not thirsty I think I am. (Pound that water, it really helps.) Why? Urine is how the byproducts of burning fat leave your body, basically. Excess water persuades your system to just waste the extra fat that goes into circulation rather than recapturing it and storing it again. I figure that once it's in the toilet bowl, it's gone - no gremlins in my system can change their mind about it once I flush. (Thank you to Dr. Atkins for this tidbit.) And the toxins go overboard this way, too.

2) Support my liver/gall bladder in their difficult job by going to the health food store and getting liver cleanse/support herbs. The pill formula should have milk thistle in it, among other things. Taking stored fat out of storage and putting it in circulation is a load on the liver, and if you're an American, your liver is already a pretty busy organ. (Thank you to my naturopath for this part...)

3) Add more fiber. Helps my gall bladder not get overwhelmed, which when it gets overwhelmed makes yuck-tummy feelings. Um, and stones. (Fasting/cleansing/WLS wisdom.)

My personal theory is that my fat burning agenda is a whole lot less interesting to my body's system than, say, the need to keep my liver and gall bladder functioning well. The reasoning might be that I can live with 100 extra pounds of fat, but I can't live without my filtration system. So if something's gotta give, my body will overrule my fat-burning agenda with wizardry of its own to keep things safe. It's my job to make sure my system never has to make those hard decisions.

BTW, that "seriously hungry" feeling is a signal that your system is burning fat, and that a whole lotta things would be easier for it if you would just give up that "losing weight" nonsense and eat. You can take it as a sign of encouragement that you're indeed succeeding at losing weight.

I hope there's something in my experience here that you can use!

Lynne

P.S. 196 today. Again. Still. Yawn...I'm bored with this number.

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:16 AM   #703
Major LCF Poster!

Lynne, what a great post! Thank you!
Old 04-09-2012, 12:19 PM   #704
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyLiz
Stats: pregnant
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: April 3, 2011
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try drinking more water if my stomach will tolerate it. I'm scared to up my carbs, mainly since I'm a slow loser already (1-2lbs a month on average), and i don't want to gain any weight before my wedding next month....
AmyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:42 AM   #705
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
Morning all! I am down .8 sitting at 227.6 Almost down a full 20!!! Hoping to be at 225 by the end of the week!
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:56 AM   #706
Major LCF Poster!

Nice Boop!

No change here this morning... darned scale may have even been up one. Grrr.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:40 AM   #707
Major LCF Poster!

I was at 198 at first, then weighed again at 197.4. And was doin some serious bouncing to 196.2. Then again at 199. Lol.

Gonna chug water today n see if I can get 196 tomarrow!
Old 04-10-2012, 09:00 AM   #708
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: catr31
Stats: 205/169/145
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Restarted 1/3/14
Hi girls! I'm still around and trying to figure out the whole maintenance thing. I weighed in at 160.3 this morning so doing great so far, even with 2 birthday parties(Mom, DH) and Easter this past weekend. I'm figuring out that I don't crave and binge if I don't make anything off limits. I stick to mainly fruits and veggies(which I love both dearly) and lean meats, but still allow myself some carbs. I still need to get my butt in gear and get an exercise routine going though.
catr31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:38 AM   #709
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Amgarrett, good job resisting the easter candy, and I'm not strong enough to coexist with chocolate in the house, so cheers to you.

Boop! Bronwyn! Good on ya both!!

Cat, we Oregonians are lucky to have the best food in the world, aren't we? Fruits, vegetables, meat, crab, pinot noir...sigh.

Lynne

P.S. 195 this morning!! Yeah baby!!!
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:05 AM   #710
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: twinmomma
Stats: 231/227.5/165
Start Date: April 2012
You guys are all such good motivators! I started eating low carb yesterday, 4/9, and I have usually cheated by now, but haven't so far (I know, I have no willpower)! I weighed in this morning at 231. It is hard for me at home because I have 3 kids and a husband that can eat anything and never gain a pound. I can look at a candy bar and gain 5!
Anyhow, I just want you all to know that you are inspirations to me!!

Amanda
twinmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:50 PM   #711

Down a lb , the scale has started moving again, after a "rest." I get to change my stats again!

Going for a 3 lb loss this week, so I will get in to the 30's!! Yes I will.

Yesterdays menu
cof hwc
Salmon salad and a bite of dessert (at a luncheon)
meatloaf and green beans
tsp peanut butter, nuts
Tea, Water water water, glug glug glug

twinmomma--good start! It is hard with family but it can absolutely be done. (I wouldn't be buying junk food at all during wt loss for anybody, they don't need it either, build some healthy family habits) No candy bars or junk food in the house, why torture yourself--put out fruit kabobs, nuts, etc for the troops instead, or berries and cream!

It helps me to keep on track, especially in the beginning, to read a chapter or 2 of a motivational book everyday. I recommend Gary Taubes Why do we get Fat, Atkins books of course, and 50 Ways to Soothe Yourself Without Food, written by Susan Albers, a psychologist.

Good job Losers, let's all have a great week!

Last edited by heidihoopi; 04-10-2012 at 02:00 PM..
Old 04-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #712
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
Right now, I'm in the back seat of a car w/3 others coming back from a meeting. Somehow I managed to avoid the alcohol mashed potatoes & triple choc cake! Very hard to pass up. Ate beef chicken green beans & drank unsweetened tea.

Can't hardly read posts w/bumps in road but it looks like we're all doing great. Still haven't had chance to read posts but need to. C u 2morrow!
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:47 PM   #713
Major LCF Poster!

Wow! Well done everyone!!! Yay! I am so happy for all of us! We're doing this thing... through candy laden holidays, birthday parties, road trips, you name it.... we're handling it and handling it well! Yay us!

I slacked on entering my foods in ****** the last couple of days. It's one of those things that I just need to do to be successful. So, while I made it on plan, I was way high on calories the last couple of days. Tom tends to do that, but still. Today's better so far. Haven't had dinner yet, but think I'll go do some mock ups on ****** to keep myself honest If it's already entered I won't go in and change it! lol And yeah, the cheesecake, garlic bread, chips & chocolate bunnies are still here... wonder if the guys would even notice if I trashed them? lol
Old 04-10-2012, 08:49 PM   #714
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Hello all. Today went well.

224.2 this morning.

I was starving today but finally feel full tonight.

B: 2 scrambled eggs in butter
L: Atkins shake
D: 4 sausages
salad with italian dressing
beef stew meat from crockpot
atkins bar
64 oz water.
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:56 PM   #715
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
Start Date: March 2, 2009

Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:26 PM   #716

Wow what a difference Melanie! Lookin' good! Is that your sister in the photos with you? You two are gorgeous! Hey, my birthday's July 3rd too!

today's menu was
Brk--cof w/ hwc, x 2, soft boiled egg with buttah

lunch--Leftover bacon wrapped meatloaf

dinner--Roast turkey, butternut squash and asparagus with buttah.

snack--6-8 assorted nuts and a spoon of peanut butter

tea, water, tea, water, tea, water, water water...glug, I'm floating awaaaaaaaaaay.....!

~

Last edited by heidihoopi; 04-10-2012 at 11:35 PM..
Old 04-11-2012, 05:08 AM   #717
Senior LCF Member

Happy2be-- that's amazingly different! You look so great

Its been crazy here lately and I don't have much to post so I've been pretty silent. 191 this morning and still TOM so time will see. I would love to see the 180's again or shock of all shocks the 170's (which at this point seems like its never going to happen).

How do you all feel about Artificial sweetener? I sometimes wonder if that is what is causing my weight to stay so stable for the last couple months. I just don't know if I can give it up. I love my watered down crystal light and soda. Its my only treat and my diet would seem so sad without it. Has it helped any of you increase your weight loss?

Have a great day girls and stay strong. We can do this

Last edited by brewstate; 04-11-2012 at 05:09 AM..
Old 04-11-2012, 07:25 AM   #718
Major LCF Poster!

Melanie, what a difference! Great job!!!

Brew, I use artificial sweetener and it doesn't seem to affect my weight loss, but I understand it does cause problems for many. I used them last time around, too, and went from 230 to 158 while drinking watered down crystal light and some splenda or sweet n'low in my coffee. I'd be pretty sad, too, if I had to give it up. I could probably handle plain water, but couldn't have my giant mug o' coffee to start my day w/out a bit of A/S.

I'm happy to say I'm down another pound to 250, though. It seems a bit slower this time around, but today makes 8 weeks back on plan and I'm down 28 pounds. The good thing is that it really doesn't feel like it's been 8 weeks and for the most part I'm really not struggling with my diet. That's huge for me
Old 04-11-2012, 07:37 AM   #719
Senior LCF Member

28 LBS in 8 weeks is amazing! How awesome. Its great when you put it in prospective that way so we can see how far everyone has come in so short a time.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:44 AM   #720
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
Start Date: 06/22/09
Just wanted to pop in and say im here ladies. Still not weighing. Tom is due and im bloated achy and grrrrrr lol. Im trying to get the business taxes done so ive been very busy. So yeah, my one pair of old navy 18s I have, too big woooot. Good thing I didnt go buy z ton of 18s. I want to see if 16s fit but im skeered. I havent wore a 16 since I was 8. No joke. So while the scale is being a dick, my body is melting.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote