Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2012, 06:52 PM   #661
Major LCF Poster!

Location: Arkansas --aka too far away from where I'd like to be ;)
Gallery: Amgarrett616
Stats: 228/193.0/140
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/06/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
Don't worry about TMI - we've all been there and done that. I expect you'll be feeling better in a couple of days.
As for the pic, in a month or so, ur ginna be so glad u have that!!!
Amgarrett616 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2012, 03:49 AM   #662
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
229.8 today!! I am so very happy to see that number again! Makes it easier to resist all those mini eggs I have been craving!
I want to do my couch 2 5k today... but I am so sore from that Body Pump class! My poor muscles are not used to being used so much especially all in one hour!
I hope you all have a hoppy Easter weekend!
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:02 AM   #663
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boop13 View Post
229.8 today!! I am so very happy to see that number again! Makes it easier to resist all those mini eggs I have been craving!
I want to do my couch 2 5k today... but I am so sore from that Body Pump class! My poor muscles are not used to being used so much especially all in one hour!
I hope you all have a hoppy Easter weekend!
pump ur body gurrlllllll

(first I said pimp ur body. Hahaha)
Old 04-06-2012, 05:06 AM   #664
Major LCF Poster!

Back up a little for me. BUT it's not up to 199 where it was so I'm okay with this. Plus it's TOM so I'm thinking I may get a nice little drop in a couple days. I am in scale shock everyday. I cant believe there is a one on there. And I can't believe my goal for this month is 189. I'm dreaming of the day when my goal is ginna be in the 140s. Or even 150s. I can't even IMAGINE that right now!!
Old 04-06-2012, 06:52 AM   #665
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Quote:
Still, it could be worse. I'm back on the right track and will hopefully have all the weight off by the end of the year. I could have given into my pity party and eaten something I shouldn't, or could have had a good, stiff drink, but I didn't! I came here instead.
Though I doubt you look as bad as you think... gosh we are rough on ourselves, aren't we?... I am so so proud of you for being strong and turning away from all of the crap that seems to just call out to us when we're feeling low.

We may not be able to turn back the clock, but we sure as heck can turn back the scale
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:59 AM   #666
Major LCF Poster!

Yay Boop! Well done!

Amanda, you are so funny! No worries about tmi. I have a feeling I'm right behind you, but unless it holds up 'til Sunday there isn't going to be any cheering here! lol

Busy couple of days ahead. Dog show tomorrow and dog show prep and way too much running around today. Actually my boy managed to hurt his foot somehow, so some of the running around is to have his breeder look at his foot, then depending on how that goes we may not go to the dog show tomorrow... gotta do all of the prep anyway,tho, just in case it's fine in the morning. It doesn't seem to be anything serious, as it's not bothering him, but it's swollen... maybe a bee sting or spider bite? Anyway.... busy busy busy and didn't even get on the scale this morning. Heading out here in a few.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:53 AM   #667
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: catr31
Stats: 205/169/145
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Restarted 1/3/14
I'm having a really hard time lately. Yesterday was going fine until we went to my DIL"s to help her pack the UHaul(she's moving to San Diego to be with my son) and her parents asked us to stay for dinner. It was pasta and garlic bread, no salad or anything else. I also ended up having a couple of glasses of wine too. I ended up in tears when we left telling my hubby that I was destined to be fat. He got mad and said "Look, I have supported you in every diet you have tried this last year, I love you but please stop doing this to yourself." He wants me to concentrate on eating healthy but not limiting myself.

We are going grocery shopping together this week and stocking up on a lot of fresh veggies and fruit which we both love. We have a ton of meat in the freezer so that's not a problem. I'm going to work on maintaining my weight for now, 160 is not that bad considering I was around 215 when I started dieting 12 years ago. I know I feel better 15 less than this but I need to take a break and just try to get in shape. I'm 40 and I am a couch potato.

I wish all of you success in losing and getting to your goals. I would love to stick around and offer my support if you all will let me.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:58 AM   #668
Major LCF Poster!

Cathy, I have to tell you that I felt really good at 160 and will likely maintain at that weight again this time around. Please do stick around and please keep an eye on the scale, maybe once every week or two, so you can make little adjustments as needed and so you don't have to do this all over again! My mom eats lots of fruit & veggies, whole grains, etc. and loses well doing that. Hopefully maintaining will be comfortable and natural for you. Sometimes we just need to change directions.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:54 AM   #669
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
Start Date: 06/22/09
Great Job Tami! That is awesome!

I'm sorry so many of you are having a hard time right now. I would be too if I was weighing every day and driving myself nuts. Thank goodness I cannot. Pushing forward and doing what I know works.

And I didn't realize how far I was in my cycle. If I would have realized it I probably wouldn't have freaked and beat myself up so much. I should start TOM probably next Thursday, So O week was when the scale started kicking my butt, then the week before TOM is always my bad week scale and hunger wise, so good thing I can't weigh. Even though I didn't realize it and been keeping a hold on things.

Soooooooooo anyways, ,lets keep moving forward guys, eye on the prize.

This morning I hit the gym intending to do my day 2 of Couch2 5K, did my warm up and ran 1-1 min cycle, then noticed a Body Combat class about to start, and shut the treadmill off and ran and got my hand wraps and did that instead I've got another body combat class at 5:30 today so couch 2 5k day 2 may have to suck it.

Last edited by MsWoods; 04-06-2012 at 09:19 AM..
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:29 AM   #670
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Quote:
Still, it could be worse. I'm back on the right track and will hopefully have all the weight off by the end of the year. I could have given into my pity party and eaten something I shouldn't, or could have had a good, stiff drink, but I didn't! I came here instead.
Good on ya, Bronwyn!!

I keep seeing us, my fellow challenge-mates, choose this decision again and again: We could let discouragement throw us off track, but we REFUSE. Somehow deep down I know that this decision is the difference between winners and losers. (Well, okay, losers and not-losers, then!)

It's courage, pure and simple - the heart of en-COURAGE-ment. And it makes me proud to be here.

Lynne

P.S. 196 today. Yesterday it took all the courage I had just to drink 2 liters of water and not stray off my food plan, if you know what I mean. But I emerged victorious! Yay!

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:49 AM   #671
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catr31 View Post
I'm having a really hard time lately. Yesterday was going fine until we went to my DIL"s to help her pack the UHaul(she's moving to San Diego to be with my son) and her parents asked us to stay for dinner. It was pasta and garlic bread, no salad or anything else. I also ended up having a couple of glasses of wine too. I ended up in tears when we left telling my hubby that I was destined to be fat. He got mad and said "Look, I have supported you in every diet you have tried this last year, I love you but please stop doing this to yourself." He wants me to concentrate on eating healthy but not limiting myself.

We are going grocery shopping together this week and stocking up on a lot of fresh veggies and fruit which we both love. We have a ton of meat in the freezer so that's not a problem. I'm going to work on maintaining my weight for now, 160 is not that bad considering I was around 215 when I started dieting 12 years ago. I know I feel better 15 less than this but I need to take a break and just try to get in shape. I'm 40 and I am a couch potato.

I wish all of you success in losing and getting to your goals. I would love to stick around and offer my support if you all will let me.
Most of the time, 12 years of passed time results in (at least) 20 pounds gained, not 55 pounds lost!! So you're WAY ahead of the game already.

I can't see how eating fresh healthy food and getting more exercise can be a bad thing! It's all part of your journey, and you WILL see 145, and I believe this interlude will be a valuable part of that journey.

For example: I've been stalled for more than a year, learning the ropes of lc maintenance many pounds before it was appropriate.

Among the valuable things I learned is that I could binge on lc icecream for two months straight (as in a half-gallon every two days) during an emotional crisis and gain only 5 pounds, easily removed. I learned that in the absence of sugar, there would be an end to my desire for it, and I could move on. How else could I have learned that? That time was an investment. Not a failure. That's how I see it anyway.

And yes, please stay here and hang out with us, fellow Oregonian!

Lynne
Old 04-06-2012, 01:40 PM   #672
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: heidihoopi
WOE: LC My Way
Bronwyn Don't be so hard on yourself! You are headed in the right direction and that is all that counts!

Quote:
229.8 today!! I am so very happy to see that number again! Makes it easier to resist all those mini eggs I have been craving! I want to do my couch 2 5k today... but I am so sore from that Body Pump class! My poor muscles are not used to being used so much especially all in one hour! I hope you all have a hoppy Easter weekend!
I know how you feel, can't wait to see 239 myself! Kudos!~ on all the exercise and Happy Easter to you and to everybody on our thread from me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catr31 View Post
I'm having a really hard time lately. Yesterday was going fine until we went to my DIL's to help her pack the UHaul (she's moving to San Diego to be with my son) and her parents asked us to stay for dinner. It was pasta and garlic bread, no salad or anything else. I also ended up having a couple of glasses of wine too. I ended up in tears when we left telling my hubby that I was destined to be fat. He got mad and said "Look, I have supported you in every diet you have tried this last year, I love you but please stop doing this to yourself." He wants me to concentrate on eating healthy but not limiting myself. *snip*

Oh for goodness sake , don't you dare go anywhere! We need you here! And maintenance is not a breeze, you have to be forever vigilant so just keep coming here and let us help you and you help us, k? We all have to allow for these situations, stuff/life does happens to us all and we don't have to totally deprive ourselves of some pasta and garlic bread forever! The world is not an all or nothing place. Don't be so hard on yourself honey, 160 is wonderful, and YOU did the work to get there! How tall are you? I think those so-called weight charts are BOGUS! You may be at the weight for you already. Personally, I add about 20 lbs to the upper number in my range and call it good/realistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
Good on ya, Bronwyn!!
I keep seeing us, my fellow challenge-mates, choose this decision again and again: We could let discouragement throw us off track, but we REFUSE. Somehow deep down I know that this decision is the difference between winners and losers. (Well, okay, losers and not-losers, then!)
It's courage, pure and simple - the heart of en-COURAGE-ment. And it makes me proud to be here.Lynne

P.S. 196 today. Yesterday it took all the courage I had just to drink 2 liters of water and not stray off my food plan, if you know what I mean. But I emerged victorious! Yay!

I so agree, this is a great group, no quitters here! I said I picked you guys out didn't I after checking out many other challenges?!

I still haven't lost anything this week but I haven't gained. It's been a rough week with company here and lol--wine--but like I said, life happens and I'm not going to let a little enjoyment derail me. But then came some sad news, my niece-in-law lost her baby at 6 months. I'm very close to her DH my nephew, like a 2nd mom, and it tore me up because they had been trying for awhile and were so excited, plus it's just hard to lose a life, a potential new member to your family. So though I ate very little wed-thurs, I did have some toast and cereal ....and right away I pack on the water. But I'm not going to beat myself up because it could have been so much worse...especially judging by my past history ha! ... anyhow, I am truly back on track now and it's good Friday, so tuna and shrimp it is today. Hoping for a loss tomorrow....

Have a good weekend everyone, stay on track you hear me!!!

Last edited by heidihoopi; 04-06-2012 at 01:56 PM..
heidihoopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:00 PM   #673
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoods View Post
Great Job Tami! That is awesome!
Huh? I didn't do nuffin', but thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
Awesome Lynne!!!

I love all of the support here. A huge thank you to each and every one of you! I had just restarted when SweetPoison (where are you dear?) started the thread in the main lobby and I'm so grateful I joined in!

Oh, and Happy Easter!!! May the Easter bunny bring you lots of eggs and no chocolate!
Old 04-06-2012, 03:03 PM   #674
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidihoopi View Post
But then came some sad news, my niece-in-law lost her baby at 6 months. I'm very close to her DH my nephew, like a 2nd mom, and it tore me up because they had been trying for awhile and were so excited, plus it's just hard to lose a life, a potential new member to your family.
I am so so sorry, Heidi. How heartbreaking. I can't even imagine.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:52 PM   #675
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
But then came some sad news, my niece-in-law lost her baby at 6 months. I'm very close to her DH my nephew, like a 2nd mom, and it tore me up because they had been trying for awhile and were so excited, plus it's just hard to lose a life, a potential new member to your family. )
I'm so sorry for your family's loss.

Lynne
Old 04-06-2012, 08:28 PM   #676

Thanks gals, I appreciate that.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:40 PM   #677
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Hello, just stopping in to say I am here. I did good with the diet for the first day of the cruise and then went down hill from there. Weighed myself when I got back last Sunday and I was up 6 lbs. I tried to get back on to the diet but was busy and needed groceries. So Wednesday rolled around and I finally got groceries. I figured I might as well wait until after Daughters bday and Easter this weekend to start back. So Monday is back at it hard core and with a new set of goals!!!!

Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:19 AM   #678
Senior LCF Member

Morning all! I am down to 228.4 today! One pound at a time... I was so discouraged last week, but feeling back on track again. I have decided I cannot deal with the scale bouncing as much as it does on JUDDD, and I was getting headaches on my down days. So I am back sticking with LC! Going to see the Hunger Games today... I cannot see a movie without popcorn, and I want this to be a plan I can stick with... so I am allowing myself a small treat and will get a small and share with the hubby!
Old 04-07-2012, 06:34 AM   #679
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Morning all! I am down to 228.4 today! One pound at a time... I was so discouraged last week, but feeling back on track again. I have decided I cannot deal with the scale bouncing as much as it does on JUDDD, and I was getting headaches on my down days. So I am back sticking with LC! Going to see the Hunger Games today... I cannot see a movie without popcorn, and I want this to be a plan I can stick with... so I am allowing myself a small treat and will get a small and share with the hubby!
Welcome back! Have u thought about chomping almonds at the movies? Not that I think there is anything wrong with a small treat now and then if it's planned, controlled and doesn't lead to something else yadda yadda. BUT I love almonds and a movie
Old 04-07-2012, 06:39 AM   #680
Major LCF Poster!

I'm back down today . Hurray!!! 197.4. And my scale was bouncing to 196.2 but landed on 197 everytime. Of course. Lol.

This will be my last day of meat and eggs. But I'm going back to a much more controlled VLC WOE. No giant salads, no cheese and almond meals, no goin to eat Chinese and ignoring whatever sauce the put on the Brocoli, blah blah blah. I'm so motivated to get out of the 190's.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:03 AM   #681
Major LCF Poster!

Yay! Seems like a few of us are down today

I'm down to 252... bounce bounce bounce, but when it bounces the right direction it makes me quite happy!
Old 04-07-2012, 09:19 AM   #682

Scale heading in the right direction anyway this morning, just not a full lb gone to report yet.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:00 AM   #683
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
Start Date: 06/22/09
Scales down for me too! Roflmao. No Idk bf won't give it up (the scale that is) I did see bones in my ankle this morning I was like whaaaaaaaaaaat lol.

Boop, take a measuring cup in your purse and measure out 1 cup of popcorn. For real. Look up 1 cup and put it in your daily allowance. Eat it slow. A lot of people in maintenance eat popcorn. I usually choose a pickle and diet coke at the movies.

You guys are doing great!
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:06 AM   #684
Major LCF Poster!

Oh yeah pickles! Movie pickles are so good and u can suck on em forever.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:32 PM   #685
Senior LCF Member

Oh MsWoods, I wish I had have thought about the measuring cup...
I was Bad... (yes with a capital B). I DEF ate way more than my share of popcorn. And I know I am going to be up with water retention tomorrow and my body not knowing what to do with all those carbs in popcorn! However I think the magnesium pills are finally working... so I am really just hoping that they cancel each other out... LOL
Old 04-08-2012, 08:41 AM   #686
Major LCF Poster!

Down another today. Tom is here, so this is totally unexpected. Wonder what the scale will do in the coming days. If it keeps on moving like this, even for a little while, I'm going to be ecstatic... heck, I already am
Old 04-08-2012, 09:08 AM   #687
Senior LCF Member

I am up one today... not unexpected but happy it was only one. Today I am back on track... going to be in the car for 4 hours, but already have my snacks packed!
Also visiting my folks again this week in carbland... But they were very good last time I was there, and since I left, my mom said she has cut out alot of sugar and carbs from her diet!
Old 04-08-2012, 10:09 AM   #688

Well, 2 out of 3 steps on the scale I was down a full lb today, don't know if I can 'call' it though, as the first step was not. Lol.

Stay tuned....
Old 04-08-2012, 10:24 AM   #689
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Well, 2 out of 3 steps on the scale I was down a full lb today, don't know if I can 'call' it though, as the first step was not. Lol.

Stay tuned....

I'm callin it for u! One down!

Now unless of course ur up tomarrow. Then u never really were down that far, cuz if u were, that means u gained. right?
Old 04-08-2012, 12:28 PM   #690
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amgarrett616 View Post
Now unless of course ur up tomarrow. Then u never really were down that far, cuz if u were, that means u gained. right?
Nope! That means tomorrow is simply water weight! lol Sheesh, I thought you had this figured out!

I say call it... majority rules!