Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2012, 07:35 AM   #601
Major LCF Poster!

Location: Arkansas --aka too far away from where I'd like to be ;)
Gallery: Amgarrett616
Stats: 228/193.0/140
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/06/11
Alright, Im done playin round girls. Meat n eggs n water for me for a lil while till I get past 197 or 5 days. Whichever comes first. I'm MAD.
Amgarrett616 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2012, 08:10 AM   #602
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyLiz
Stats: pregnant
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: April 3, 2011
i'm up today (202)....i attempted a salt water flush yesterday, but i think it made things worse! warm salt water is nasty btw!
AmyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:13 AM   #603
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: catr31
Stats: 205/169/145
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Restarted 1/3/14
I'm back to work and the real world this morning after my mini vacation. Had a great time with my son and got a lot of stuff done around the house. I tried to stay as disconnected from my computer as possible so I never got a chance to check in. Looks like a lot of losing has been going on during my absence but sad to say not with me. My weigh in Friday had me up 3 lbs and I wasn't very good Saturday and Sunday either.

Good news is I'm back on track today and will be staying away from the scale until Friday. I also got some shopping in a bought a great pair of jeans at Buckle that fit wonderfully but a little snug. As soon as I get 5 or so lbs off, they will fit fantastically.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:18 AM   #604
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amgarrett616 View Post
Alright, Im done playin round girls. Meat n eggs n water for me for a lil while till I get past 197 or 5 days. Whichever comes first. I'm MAD.
I'll join you on the meat n eggs for a while. I need to get serious too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLiz View Post
i'm up today (202)....i attempted a salt water flush yesterday, but i think it made things worse! warm salt water is nasty btw!
Sounds yucky. Hopefully your back down tomorrow.
catr31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:55 AM   #605
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Quote:
Ugh. I've done that. It is soooo nasty!

Good luck to all of you doing meat/egg for a while. I'm there with you, with the exception of half & half & cheese. I really want to get to a much more comfortable weight before adding much of anything back in. For now I'm not bored or anything, so just need to keep on trudging along.
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:00 AM   #606
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
Hello, I am just dropping in to say hello... I will weigh in again tomorrow. I have been overly obsessed with the scale lately,(as you can tell by me weighing mid day yesterday lol). So I am really going to try and stick with every other day...
Good luck to all doing the meat&egg fast! That usually does the trick for me!!
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:19 AM   #607
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/226.2/169
Start Date: 06/22/09
You all are doing great.

I'm back to being serious too. Not that I wasn't last week, but the scale screwed me as you all know. So Friday night I went on a salt binge lol. Not a carb binge, but I went a head and cleaned out all the cheese, nuts, deli meat, olives, etc..., and just snacked the weekend away on all that. And last night I had a few MGD 64 beers. I haven't had beer in at least a year, it was not too bad either. I'm proud of myself for not having hard liquor, I'm going on 2 months on that. The beer is the first alcohol I've had in 2 months, but let's be honest, a few of those did nothing lol.

I do feel puffy this morning because I finished off some chili/lime almonds with my beer, but I'm back to serious Michelle. Had bf put the scale in his car because it's killing me, and I'm just going to do what I know works, and I might weigh Thurs or Fri, or wait til my weekly weigh in Sunday even though I didn't weigh yesterday.

Gettin Mad myself! I'm trying to see 199 by my 3 year lowcarbaversary!

And I'm getting a mountain bike today. I'm so flipping excited. I have a field right by my house that has dunes and hills and trails, it's not much, but I always had fun as a kid there. I'm toying with the notion of riding it to work every now and then. I drive an F150 truck and gas is killing me. It can't hurt to help get this weight off either lol.

BTW guys, got everything in my yard done I planned on this weekend. I ran out of paving stones so half my patio is done. Now I need money for a patio set!
Old 04-02-2012, 11:15 AM   #608
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Seems to be Tweak Week around here.

196 this morning!! Yay!! In related news...the size 16s I couldn't fit into two weeks ago, are getting closer to wearable. Muffin top, but can breathe.

So - means next week or so I better shop for more clothes. Sigh.

Lynne
lynne2u is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:23 AM   #609
Major LCF Poster!

Love all of the hard work and dedication I'm reading this morning! Whatever it takes, right?
Old 04-02-2012, 11:25 AM   #610
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
misscobi - I'm a creature of habit and find myself eating the same things over and over. That is coupled with my husband having fructose intolerance so there's not much he can eat, and I don't feel right eating foods in front of him that he would like to eat but can't. If I have to eat the same stuff to lose weight, I'll do it so long as I don't get too bored.

mswoods - I understand your frustration. Let's face it, I like to drink but when I do, I crave sugar. Liquor and wine are my favorites. So far, I've won the alcohol battle, so I'm here to be your cheerleader!

boop - Two weeks ago, I was so obsessed with weighing that literally got anxiety stomach aches, which last about 8 hours! In order to combat that, I've been trying to eat smaller portions and exercising at night. I don't know if I'm up to a meat and egg fast; I need to read about it first.

Great job on the jeans, catr31. I'm sure they'll fit comfortably in no time.

AmyLiz - drink lots of water, hopefully that will help!
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:43 AM   #611
Major LCF Poster!

Ugh!!! I've forgotten how full meat n eggs makes me!!!

I know now how completely in denial I have been. No wonder I haven't been losing! I have been making meals out of almonds and cheese. I know better than this! DENIAL! And I come here and act like idk what the problem is. Stupid stupid stupid!!
Old 04-02-2012, 11:49 AM   #612
Major LCF Poster!

I think we've all been there, Am. It's why I'm so scared of trying anything out of the ordinary right now. I know what a slippery slope it is for me. It won't lead me off plan, but it will lead me away from the basics that I know work.

Bron, that's exactly how I'm looking at it this time around. If I get bored I'll think about changing things up, but I'm still loving the majority of the food I eat and things like a good steak or extra good salad are still really satisfying.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:10 PM   #613
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/192/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
I've been doing a meat egg thing since I got back. Was 190 this morning so just a couple pounds away from my low. I'm hoping to get there by tomorrow. Today I've had a piece of cheese and for lunch a couple pieces of lunch meat and some celery sticks with jalepeno artichoke dip heated up (from sams and only has 1 carb/2 tbsp so not bad). I however haven't been good with my water so I need to get on that.

I'm with you girls, I'm angry that I'm not losing weight, but in a very constructive way. I want this flab gone!! Meanwhile my husband started low carbing seriously with me in around January and has lost 66 lbs, no stalls, no problems, many cheats.

I'll say it. It sucks being a woman and not understanding why it doesn't always add up

We're hanging in there though and that's all that counts.

Lynne-- I'm 5'4 and started fitting into a size 16 comfortably at around 190-192 so not long now
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:20 PM   #614
Senior LCF Member

Amgarrett! Love the new pic!
Old 04-02-2012, 08:11 PM   #615
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boop13 View Post
Amgarrett! Love the new pic!
Boop!!!!! Shut up! I love uuuuuuuu!!!!!
Old 04-03-2012, 12:34 AM   #616
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: heidihoopi
Stats: Hi-290/268/Current 246/175
WOE: LC-ish, LoCal
Start Date: Restart 10/20/14
Hey everybody... We've got out of town company here for 3 days so a quick late night drive by before I hit the pillow...making lowcarb food for the company with a spud thrown in here and there and dh made a cherry cheesecake. I'm doing really well staying away from the carby food, however I have had a glass of wine or 2. Haven't weighed but suspect I haven't lost. Soon as the company clears out on Wed I am hitting the lowcarb/portion control HARD! I want some weight off this week!

Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind. Henry James
heidihoopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:36 AM   #617
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
amgarrett - I just noticed your new avatar - cool!

Looks like I'm down for the count at least for the week. (1) chest cold; (2) infected puncture would on my hand; (3) some kind of bug bite on my toe that has spread and has the doctor a bit worried, so I'm on antibiotics. I just need to focus on getting better, while eating healthy and staying hydrated.

I'll be everyone's cheerleader until next week (hopefully)

Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:28 AM   #618
Senior LCF Member

Heidihoop... Def not easy with company around, but sounds like you are doing great! (I too sneak in a glass of red wine now and again... its my only real weakness other than the cherry cheesecake you mention which I have not touched since starting LC)!
Bronwyn... Oh dear! Sounds like a rough week! Hang in there and get feeling better... I hope the toe bite isn't something too serious!

Ok soooo... I am up again. 231 today What gives! Ok, well I know I have slacked a little in the water dept. and I know I need more fiber or something... I think I am going to go look for those magnesium pills I have heard so much about on here and see if that helps!
Also... anyone in this challenge done HCG?

Last edited by boop13; 04-03-2012 at 06:45 AM..
Old 04-03-2012, 06:51 AM   #619
Major LCF Poster!

Amanda & Lynne, love the new avatar pics!!!

Bronwyn, eeeek! Hope you're feeling much better soon!

Heidi, we have company right now, too, but thankfully everyone except for my 19 year old nephew is staying with my mom, so I'm not doing the cooking for them. I have an 18 & 19 year old sons so the nephew fits right in here

Boop, sorry you're up I haven't done HGC, so no help there, sorry.

Scale was bouncing between 254 & 255 this morning, so I'm up too. We went out to dinner last night with above mentioned family. I think I did ok on choices - tri tip, grilled shrimp, zuke & squash veggie mix, picked breading off some zucchini stick appetizers, and a house salad. Only ate about half my dinner, so portions should have been ok, too, but you just never know what seasonings, sauces, etc are used so I'm not surprised at being up.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:59 AM   #620
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
amgarrett - I just noticed your new avatar - cool!

Looks like I'm down for the count at least for the week. (1) chest cold; (2) infected puncture would on my hand; (3) some kind of bug bite on my toe that has spread and has the doctor a bit worried, so I'm on antibiotics. I just need to focus on getting better, while eating healthy and staying hydrated.

Thanks! And yuck!!!!!! WATER. Isn't that the answer to everything? Lol

Heidi, I hate company! That's terrible to say, but I'm super selfish right now and I gotta focus on me n my food. So that sucks. WATER. Lmao.

Boop, never done HCG. Doesn't appeal to me. Idk why really.

Meat n eggs again today. Mmmmmmm
Old 04-03-2012, 08:05 AM   #621
Big Yapper!!!!

Hope you feel better soon Bronwyn. That sounds like a lot at once.

You ladies sound like me and the scale last week. I finally put mine up and let me tell you, I'm not going quite as crazy. I almost got it out last night but I was like, why, to hurt your feelings and defeat you more? Nope.

I got my mountain bike finally. After about 4 stores and some big freak outs. Poor bf, I took it out on him yesterday. Now my butt hurts soooooooooo bad. I need to go find a gel seat pad now. I only rode it a freaking mile! I'm seriously sore in the rear region though.

Body combat class today, no excuses. Haven't been to a class since last Thursday. I got my wrist wraps and I need to figure out how to use them.

Menu today:
B-coffee, 1 sweet n low, 1 So Delicious Coconut Beverage Grab N Go container. Glucc/MR Pudding
L-1 gorton tilapia filet, MR macaroni salad
D-As of right now, maybe same as lunch.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:09 AM   #622
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidihoopi View Post
Hey everybody... We've got out of town company here for 3 days so a quick late night drive by before I hit the pillow...making lowcarb food for the company with a spud thrown in here and there and dh made a cherry cheesecake. I'm doing really well staying away from the carby food, however I have had a glass of wine or 2. Haven't weighed but suspect I haven't lost. Soon as the company clears out on Wed I am hitting the lowcarb/portion control HARD! I want some weight off this week!
Enjoy the company! I love having people stay at our house but it does get a little tiring and I always end up drinking too much wine. What is it with company and wine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
amgarrett -

Sorry you're sick, I hope your feeling better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post

Scale was bouncing between 254 & 255 this morning, so I'm up too. We went out to dinner last night with above mentioned family. I think I did ok on choices - tri tip, grilled shrimp, zuke & squash veggie mix, picked breading off some zucchini stick appetizers, and a house salad. Only ate about half my dinner, so portions should have been ok, too, but you just never know what seasonings, sauces, etc are used so I'm not surprised at being up.
Sounds like you made good choices, sorry about the scale. I too always gain after eating dinner out, it must be the seasonings.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:19 AM   #623
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I had a good on plan day yesterday even though my cravings were through the roof. My son had an ortho appointment after school/work yesterday 2 towns over so I stopped at McDonalds to get him something to eat and the fries smelled so good. I almost snatched some out of his hands but managed to keep myself under control. Poor kid was suppose to get his braces off but didn't realize he had a broken chain and now has to wait 2 more months because one of his molars had rotated a bit.

We had a break from the rain yesterday and it was so nice outside. I wanted to get a walk in but by the time I got home it was dark and dang near 8 pm. Of course today it's back to rain. Bowling tonight with my women's league so hopefully tomorrow I get some real exercise in. I still have yet to even open my Calanetics DVD that I bought months ago.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:29 AM   #624
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyLiz
Stats: pregnant
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: April 3, 2011
still stuck at 202 today...i have no idea why, i've been eating so good! I drank a lot of water, but I've found that my water intake really doesn't have much effect on my weight (or so it seems). I've been dizzy an nauseous all morning, so I'm guessing my blood sugar is too low? I feel like my stomach has bloated too because i have a noticeable spare tire around my waist that wasn't there a week ago. I feel icky.
AmyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:02 AM   #625
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
still stuck at 202 today...i have no idea why, i've been eating so good! I drank a lot of water, but I've found that my water intake really doesn't have much effect on my weight (or so it seems). I've been dizzy an nauseous all morning, so I'm guessing my blood sugar is too low? I feel like my stomach has bloated too because i have a noticeable spare tire around my waist that wasn't there a week ago. I feel icky.
I normally feel icky and bloated right before a big loss, so I hope that's the case for you.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:07 AM   #626
Major LCF Poster!

Amy, sorry you're feeling icky Hope it's exactly what Cathy suggests and you have a big whoosh on the way!

Cathy, your poor kiddo... 2 more months when he thought he was done... awww. At least they'll be off by summer!

I'm still up one at 254 this morning. Thirsty with a headache this morning, so know I need to up the water. That's my main goal for today... once I finish my coffee anyway. lol

Hope everyone's doing well!
Old 04-04-2012, 09:09 AM   #627
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/192/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Still hanging in there but weight is stubbornly stuck at about 4 pounds up (192 this morning). TOM in 2-4 days or so so hopefully that explains it. Headed to my mom's till Monday. I hope I can be good. She's allergic to gluten and dairy and my dad just had heart surgery so its mostly salads and veggies but it should be ok.

Wish me luck and hopefully I'll come back to lots of big weight losses!

Last edited by brewstate; 04-04-2012 at 09:11 AM..
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:12 AM   #628
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Seems our group is getting kinda small, not much activity going on. I hope that everyone continues to post even if they are having a hard time of it, lord knows I'm no Angel. We are here to support, not judge.

I'm definitely back in ketosis now, the cravings have finally subsided. I know I've lost some of the water weight but I'm not getting on the scale until Friday. I've mostly done meat/egg/cheese since Monday but I did pack a salad with grilled chicken for lunch today.

Tomorrow we are helping to pack up my new DIL so she can move so San Diego to be with my son. There has been a lot of drama with her Mother(she's a control freak) but hopefully things will work out. I'm happy for my son, he's been missing his wife.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:21 AM   #629
Big Yapper!!!!

Well, I'm here, not giving up, just not losing, and, as of a few days ago, not weighing. I posted about it in the ML. the scale is trying to defeat me and I can't let it, so I made my bf put it somewhere lol.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:31 AM   #630
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoods View Post
Well, I'm here, not giving up, just not losing, and, as of a few days ago, not weighing. I posted about it in the ML. the scale is trying to defeat me and I can't let it, so I made my bf put it somewhere lol.
The scale gets to me too, it's very frustrating. I can't totally stop weighing but I am trying to keep it to one day a week.